Advice/Help What do you do to get your roleplay muse back after losing it?

KawaiiRose

Rosemi <3 (slow replies atm)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello! I'm currently in a bit of a pickle, my roleplay muse just isn't existing at this specific moment in time. It's pretty unusual for me to just suddenly lose it, especially since I was really excited to start one of my roleplays. Any advice to get out of this funk? QwQ

I'm gonna repeat some really good advice I've read on here before:

-Watch movies/shows, read books/stories, play games, listen to music... These all have the dual advantages of shifting your focus and serving as potential inspiration

-Go for a walk someplace pretty

-Take a nice shower or hot bath

-Look up some art (portraits, landscapes, etc.)

-Talk to your partner(s); help each other get past sticky parts

-Talk to a friend to get a sounding board for your ideas

-And if all else fails, maybe try some free-flowing, stream-of-consciousness writing exercises to get the juices flowing again

Hope this helps- good luck! ^^

I'm gonna repeat some really good advice I've read on here before:

-Watch movies/shows, read books/stories, play games, listen to music... These all have the dual advantages of shifting your focus and serving as potential inspiration

-Go for a walk someplace pretty

-Take a nice shower or hot bath

-Look up some art (portraits, landscapes, etc.)

-Talk to your partner(s); help each other get past sticky parts

-Talk to a friend to get a sounding board for your ideas

-And if all else fails, maybe try some free-flowing, stream-of-consciousness writing exercises to get the juices flowing again

Hope this helps- good luck! ^^
Thank you thank you! A bit of it did clear up after the shower I just took, and I'm taking your advice on listening to some songs that remind me of the characters I'm playing as.

Don't force it. Creativity, especially if it's supposed to be fun, should not be forced to be present constantly. Otherwise it will actually get exhausting, frustrating, and feel less like a hobby.

I usually just step back for a little while, maybe take a break, or look up potential headcanons for the characters involved in the rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back