Experiences What did you first start to rp?

I consider my experiences on Howrse to be my first roleplaying experience. Back then, you had to be accepted into a larger equestrian center with other likeminded people, and then inside of it you'd be able to participate in the forums on it. I did all the really bad roleplay cliches. Godmoding, mary sues.... Oh, and it was Warriors. I think I was playing Scourge's daughter at one point? And then another point I was a medicine cat that was really really too good at hunting. Oof. Embarrassing stuff.

My first time RPing... hhh it was interesting to say the least.

It was on Amino, specifically on Undertale Amino. I didn't know really how it worked, being a nine year old, and I joined an RP recruitment chat.

Slight mistake.

I, somehow, got into an RP with 12 people in it, where we did arcs and storylines. My main character I used was a guy named Jay Peterson, a neko blonde with a fox tail and ears... people wonder why I love foxes. I had to save the chat twice, and the leader got banned when I was 13. It was an amazing RP group once I fully understood everything. After having my 4th grade mind ruined by that, it really was an amazing chat.

wow, haven't thought of this in a while.

i was 12, not long ago actually. i was introduced to minecraft pocket edition servers by my older brother and after making some skins, i hopped on. played majorly games for the most part before seeing a bunch of roleplayers in the chat.

they were all roleplaying the youtuber "Aphmau's" MCD and MyStreet minecraft series. they pissed me off and i would bully them and get ignored. this went on for a while until i watched the series for myself.

then i joined them.

i was hooked and just roleplayed that as oc's related to the characters, or the characters themselves.

then after that, amino and kik, other places and then here.

about three years ago was a weird time..

I think I was 11 or 12, and on Habbo (it's been a while). I ended up quitting that, thinking it was too much like a job, and stupid. I mean, what kid wants a job?

I wouldn't get back into it until I was 19, on Gaia Online. I was whatever passed as a mod in a gaming guild, and there was a couple of fandom RPs that the other mods participated in to pass the time. Once I'd gotten a taste, I slowly started to get a taste for it again. The guild would eventually die, and there was considerable dry spell.

Found RPN, but life kept me from being active, and I may or may not have ghosted a couple of RPs, But as of a couple years ago, I started writing as a hobby, and with it, became more reliably active on RPN. And here I am.

My first was historically based military strategy RPs on a forum. They were kind of like forum versions of tabletop games to an extent. There were usually 2, sometimes more teams of players, representing opposing armies or fleets or whatever else. There was usually a command structure, a weekly orders/resolution cycle, and orders of battle outlining available units and equipment. For instance one memorable one was an alternate WWI naval RP, where the US joins the Central Powers and fights the Royal Navy and French Navy in the Atlantic and Caribbean. As a US Navy admiral, I engaged in a good deal of raiding and harassment. Good times.

Oh b o y,

When I was like 10 my friends and I use to roleplay on like p a p e r, during class in notes with made up stories before we even knew what roleplaying was we just liked telling stories. Officially I was around like 12 or 13, the first was either a black butler rp or a yaoi love triangle rp on the app Geeking. I can't remember which it was but it was definitely a one-line asterisk style rp. I had totally thought that the paper note rps I was doing with friends were distinctly different. I thought I was so cool.
It was massive cringe of course.

the click critters forums when i was 12, when i had like five "different" characters who were all just self inserts with different names. i still remember reading a two paragraph long bio and wondering how they managed to make it so long lmao

Oh no, I'm not sure I want to remember some of the things I did when I first started out roleplaying.
But, my big intro in to roleplaying was most definitely a wolf roleplay. Followed by a fair bit of Warriors.

I remember like it was yesterday, I started when I was like 9 as well. I started on a Naruto RP site. I even remember the site name and everything.

*Sigh* The original warrior cats forums... shut down in August in either 16 or 17. It was baaaaaad. Real bad.

I began my roleplaying career at the tender age of 10ish on a website called Animal Jam, where'd I'd be a bunny, go to that one pillow place, and beg other players to adopt me. I tended to rp with my "parent" for an hour or two before they'd get off, then I would just go get adopted again. This led to many arguments between my many "parents" about who my real parent was.

I also used to rp Warriors on there. Funnily enough, most people chose to RP with a wolf or bunny avatar, even though there were tigers in the game at the time?? This also led to my "parents" coming into the camp and getting mad when I told them I didn't want to rp with them at that moment

I regret everything I ever did on that site. I'd like to apologise to all my adoptive parents for being a shitty bunny daughter, for I failed you

I was 10, I believe? It was over on kupika.com, and the group was an Anime high school. My character was a HORRIBLE Mary-Sue (shocking) and I remember being frustrated that all the "better" (this is relative) writers didn't wanna play with me, haha. I stayed there for a while and gradually got better, though. And then I moved on to other groups, mostly my own because I had a lot more creativity back then and had a bunch of ideas to play with.

Gods, I wish I didn't remember my first RP hahaha.

I was about 15-16 and I was on a website reading books, I then found out about a group chat after talking to someone I followed. My first rp was 1D with group

i was like, 13. my friend told me about quotev and i discovered the lovely land of roleplaying there. it was mainly 5 seconds of summer and hunger games roleplays, and sweet jesus christ were they horrible.

honestly I'm kinda bummed that I can't remember the exact age I was when I first started RPing or the exact roleplay. But I'm pretty sure I was about 10, and it was on a site called goSupermodel. My first RP must have been something with animals, either a wolf/fox RP or a Warrior cats RP. Not sure which. Then I moved onto RPs with humans. And Disney RPs. Aah man those were good times lmao.

My first experience roleplaying was on when I was 16, which was 4 years ago. I still remember my first character I made and my first roleplay. The differences in how I was back then and now is very drastic, lolol. I used first person and it was after that first roleplay that I never used first person again.

I was babby. My first character was for something on a Pokemon RP forum. She was a stoic, no-nonsense type. I haven't played a stoic character in a while, thinking about it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back