What can I do to make this character sheet more appealing, detailed, or interesting?

Venom Adhamm

No one is ever going to want me
I've been looking, without luck, for someone to DM an RP with me. It's a fandom RP, and in the OP I have my character posted. I guess since I haven't really found a solid RP through all my searching, my character, or my character sheet, must not be very good. I'm looking for criticism on the character so I can improve it and hopefully attract attention and get the RP I've been wanting. Even though this character is based in a fandom, you'll be able to understand it even if you don't know anything about the fandom.

A brief explanation though. The character is part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Universe. In the series, there are things called "Stands," which are basically guardian spirits that follow a character. Stands are what are used to fight the battles throughout the series, each having a unique appearance and abilities. So, there are two character sheets here: one for my character and one for his Stand. Hopefully that makes sense. Anyway, here are the two character sheets. Constructive feedback is greatly appreciated.

STAND-USER CS:

Name: Joachim Joestar

Appearance: Joachim is a slightly tan-skinned boy of American descent. He stands at 195 cm and has a strong build (as it seems most members of his bloodline do). He has short black hair, which is typically hidden underneath his hat. As a result, whenever his hat is removed, his hair is usually fairly messy since he doesn't ever bother trying to comb or style it. He has a strong, clean-shaven jaw. On the back of his neck to the left side is a star-shaped birthmark which all members of his family seem to have. It differs slightly from the rest of his family's, as it's in a solid black color. This birthmark is usually hidden by his clothes.

He wears a pair of red, baggy track pants that have a pair of white stripes on the side of each pant leg. On his hands are a pair of red fingerless driving gloves that sport a black trim. These are worn solely for style, Joachim doesn't actually know how to drive. Matching the color of his gloves, he wears a red t-shirt that has a fist set on fire printed on the back. Over this shirt is an unzipped hoodie with a plain white color. The hood is never pulled up, unless Joachim somehow manages to lose his hat. On his feet are a pair of black sneakers that have straps instead of shoelaces. There are lights positioned on the side of his shoes, but they only switch on upon the bottoms of his shoes taking a large impact (such as when kicking, landing, or curb-stomping). These lights shine a pretty red color when they switch on. On his head is a white baseball cap, which has a black star patch sewn onto the front at the center point of the hat.

STAND CS:

Name: 「Dollar Days」

Appearance: Dollar Days takes the appearance of a feudal Japanese warrior, though she doesn't wear the armor typically associated with armor. Instead, she's dressed in fairly lightweight clothes that may be more associated with a non-ordinary combatant. She wears a medium-grey wool gi that's kept together by a red rope belt. Covering her legs and feet are a pair of brown baggy wool pants tucked into a pair of brown leather boots. Her hands are protected by light-brown leather fingerless gloves and wooden bracers. Lightweight, minimal pauldrons are worn at her biceps. Hiding her neck is a loose brown neckwarmer Over this is a sleeveless, kneelength coat. The coat is lightweight like the rest of her clothes, and is red color with a light-grey trim, sporting a large black star on the back. Worn on Dollar Days' head is a conical straw hat. Her face is covered by a mouthless sundance-colored mask with a headband of gauze that has two black buttons sewn on as eyes, worn over where eyeslits should be. Though the mask is mostly plain, there is a small black star is painted above the headband.

Her physical appearance is usually hidden, though her gender is easily discerned due to her feminine figure. When she's unmasked, she has the appearance of a beautiful and pale girl with pink eyes and long silver hair. This hair reaches her lower back and thus can be seen even when she's wearing her mask and hat. A strand of her hair also hangs outside and over her mask when it's worn. Her weapons can always be seen on her person. Her weapon is worn on her back in its bo staff form when not in use.

Abilities:

"Ashes to Ashes" - Dollar Days' primary weapon: a black-painted wooden bo staff with a metal band at the tip. This weapon provides Dollar Days with a decent amount of range for attacks. Dollar Days is extremely fast, and that speed applies to her usage of this weapon in its sweeping, slashing, and stabbing attacks. The weapon can be shifted into a naginata form, at which point a naginata blade extends from the end with the metal band, and the metal band itself flares out into a tsuba (handguard). The weapon can be used limited wind manipulation, applications differing based on what form the weapon is currently taking. While in bo form, wind is used for more pressure-based attacks, such as pushing out wind against enemies. While in naginata form, more precise and focused wind is used to send out sharp, cutting wind slashes.

"Rock 'n' Roll Suicide" - The two black buttons on Dollar Days' headband flash, transporting Joachim and one person being looked at by Dollar Days into an alternate dimension. The alternate dimension takes the form of real world, but any moving objects are frozen unless interacted with. Changes to the real world while the alternate dimension is in effect (such as a lightpost collapsing) do not affect the alternate dimension and vice-versa. Furthermore, nobody can see into or out of the alternate dimension and the two people within the alternate dimension cannot affect the world outside and vice-versa, meaning that this ability forces a one-on-one confrontation. The ability can be deactivated at any time by Joachim, but is also deactivated if Joachim takes enough damage, if someone within the alternate dimension dies, or if too much distance is built up between Joachim and the target. Duel Stance can only be used on sentient, living, and fully corporeal entities (such as Humans and Vampires, but not Stands, however, Stand-Users do bring their Stands with them).

Stand Parameters:

Destructive Power: C

Speed: B

Range: C

Durability: D

Precision: C

Developmental Potential: A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back