Video Games What are your favorite games?

These are in no particular order.

1) Conan Exiles (single player, heavily modded, though I'd LOVE the chance to play multiplayer so long as it was a private server with friends only, too many griefers in open/official servers)

2) Minecraft (modded)

3) The Last Of Us (just the first one, HOT TAKE: I hated what they did in TLOU2 with the disjointed story, timeline jumps, and the mishandling of the characters throughout)

4) Raft (either single or multiplayer, it's just a blast)

5) ARK Survival Evolved (single player, heavily modded)

6) The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask (I could play both games until the end of time and never get truly bored of them)

7) Fire Emblem Three Houses & Path of Radiance (both are, in my opinion, the two best told stories in the FE game world, also PoR is one of the most fun to cheat with once you've beaten it legitimately cause there's some FUNNY STUFF you can do with the code of that game, lol)

8) God of War (PS4, as it's one of the most compelling and well written stories in recent memory as far as gaming is concerned)

9) Ace Combat (particularly 4, 5, 6, 7 and Zero as they all have fun stories and I LOVE me a good flight sim game, but Ace Combat 5 is by far and away my favorite!)

10) Pokemon (Generations 1 and 2 are my favorites, but everything after Gen 3 got too repetitive and started getting really boring for me, so I haven't played a proper Gen game in the last several years, although I'm hoping the new Scarlet and Violet will change that, gotta wait to see more before making a choice)

Devil Survivor 1 and to a lesser extent 2.
Those games are just pure bliss and I'm sad I'll probably never get to play a third game.

Trails in the Sky 1 & 2.
Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2.

Hollow Knight is a masterpiece!! And it’s a steal for only $15. Beautiful art, incredible music and sound design, fantastic story, and tons to explore. I love it!

I'm not a huge gamer, but I do have a few games that are consuming my life right now!! Here's the list:

1.)Gris - still playing through it (I'm on green right now), but my gosh is it beautiful! Calming piano ambiance with some strings and chimes here and there, gorgeous watercolor styled art, intriguing themes and just - ugh I love it!!
2.)Omori - Also still playing through this and my god is it tearing at my heart strings! Literally, it has such a sad story. Adorable art but depressing, just so depressing aaaa!!
3.)Phasmophobia - I have no clue why I'm still playing this seeing as this game will make me nearly piss myself in fear from jumpscares, but it's still very fun WWWW.
4.)YTTD - Yet another game that will forever pluck away at my heart strings. Also, I'm still sobbing at the fact that this game is just canonly unfinished. I need to know what happens next!! ToT
5.)Danganronpa - Basically YTTD's rip off! WWWW but yeah, I'm enjoying it so far, for being a game about death it has a lot of funny humor, and tooooons of characters.
6.)Last but not least, Kingdom Hearts! I absolutely suck at boss fights (it took me a week to defeat the evil genie at Aladdin's world ToT ) but the story line is just so intriguing!! But also very dark for being Disney themed (then again when has Disney ever not been dark WWWW.)

Legacy of Kain
Deadly Premonition
KOTOR
Resident Evil
Haunting Ground
Fatal Frame
Fallout
Mass Effect
Prey

Off the top of my head:

All time faves:

Borderlands 2: Love the humor of Borderlands and the zany atmosphere. It's one of those games that I adore for being both crazy in nature with a secretly serious side that pops up unexpectedly.

Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami (I love these games sooooo much). I havn't finished the rest of the series yet (currently on Yakuza Kiwami 2) , but the first two installments have won my heart completely. The fights are satisfying and the character development is awesome. I think that those two games have some of the most dynamic characters that I've ever experienced. I played Kiwami first and 0 second. I think this made Majimas story in 0 even more interesting. Also, for Kiwami I think that Haruka is a really good example of a child character who is both realistic and endearing without feeling forced, which is something that tends to be very hit or miss for me in other games and stories.

Guilty Pleasures:

DMC 1 & 3. The first is super cheesy, but it triggers some major nostalgia from when I used to play Zelda Twilight Princess on the Game Cube and overall I just really enjoy the game. It's also got some super cool level designs that made me go wow!

DMC 3: Little cheesy, but with some cool moments mixed in. I LOVE the combat. It feels challenging and the fights against Vergil are really amazing. Like, I wasn't even upset to lose so many timed because figuring out how to fight him was challenging and when I managed to get things timed right, the back and forth between attacks looks spectacular!

Plus I love trivia and the DMC series has some interesting history and was influential on game combat systems, which I find fun to explore.

Other AWESOME games:

Vampyr
DOOM 2016
Final Fantasy FVII Remake
Telltale: Tales From the Borderlands
Telltale: Wolf Among Us

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
The Legends of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1and 2.
The original Resident Evil 1 and 2
Secret of Mana
Parasite Eve
Bushido Blade 2
Yakuza 1-7, especially 6.
Final Fantasy X
Blue Reflection Second Light
Tales of Arise
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Saints Row 2
Tekken 3-6
Xenogears
Silent Hill 1-3
Dino Crisis 2
Soul Caliber
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
Nier Replicant and Gestalt
Drakengard 3

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Secret of Mana
Parasite Eve
Bushido Blade 2
Final Fantasy X
Tales of Arise
Saints Row 2
Tekken 3-6
Xenogears
Silent Hill 1-3
Dino Crisis 2
Soul Caliber
Drakengard 3
I love Secret of Mana I never got to finish it since the cartridge for the snes doesn’t save a file for some reason.

I love Secret of Mana I never got to finish it since the cartridge for the snes doesn’t save a file for some reason.
Ah, that sucks. I don't know if you have a switch? There's the Collection of Mana on there with Secret of Mana. I went back to play it a couple of years ago.

Ah, that sucks. I don't know if you have a switch? There's the Collection of Mana on there with Secret of Mana. I went back to play it a couple of years ago.
I didn’t know that I’ll ask to borrow my sister’s switch.

Right now I am absolutely obsessed with Phasmophobia and Disney Dreamlight Valley. I can't get enough of either of them <3

Currently replaying Fallout 4 on PC.... with mods, of course. Not sure which I like more, Elder Scrolls or Fallout. They are both awesome franchises. Here's looking forward to Starfield whenever they finish it. Though, I'll probably need to get a better computer to even attempt to support the game. lol

Mount & Blade: Warband
Stronghold Crusader
Mordhau
Project Zomboid
Rimworld
Kenshi
Garry's Mod
Fallout: New Vegas
The Last of Us (2013)

Ooo fav games. I’d have to say this is my list of current favs:
1. Yoshi’s Story - entirely driven my sheer nostalgia for me given it was one of the first video games I played as a kid and basically set me up to forever adore Yoshi as a character

2. Mother 3 - I wish this game would get an official western release cuz oh my god it’s such an incredible story and the cast is both lovable and goofy. This game just hits the right emotional points for me

3. Persona 5 - a game full of style. It really has so much going for it and spiraled me harder into jrpgs than I already was. The music, characters, just everything is so well done

4. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (or just put the whole series here cuz they’re all bangers) - much like what I said for p5 applies to this game though xc3 has the added benefit of having incredible world design as well. Monolith really pushed the limits of what the switch can do and made such an incredible game that already got me sinking 200 hours into without its full dlc. As a whole the stories xenoblade tells are so beautiful and god I love all three games with all my heart

5. Fire Emblem Awakening - the introduction of Robin into smash was what ultimately got me looking in fire emblems direction and I was not disappointed. Awakenings gameplay is great and it’s cast of characters are so diverse and lovable. It’s hard to dislike any of them. The story is amazing as well, though I think it’s carried more by its well written cast and supports compared to the story alone

Some other games that get honorable mentions are Mario & Luigi, nier: automata, kingdom hearts, pokemon, overwatch, dragon quest 11, super smash bros and splatoon. All these have been a big part of my life as a gamer

As the title says, I want to see what everyone's favorite game is and whether or not I've heard about it.
Some are games I have heard of but never played, some are just plain weird but fun, heck some are just guilty pleasure games I play after rpn.

Favorite games I heard of but dying to play:
Bendy and the ink machine (can't play because one, it's $20.00 on steam which is pretty crazy; two, I don't have a computer to play it on :( )
Overwatch (can't play because no computer, I'm on mobile and I'm not sure if they make one for mobile)
Cuphead and mugman
Undertale

Guilty pleasure:
Roblox
Dragoncity (used to have a big clan, now I need to get back in it)

Weird games I find fun
MOP: operation clean up
Dragon vale (similar to dragoncity but much older, 2010 to be exact.)
Code combat (One my coding camp gotten me into playing, it's addictive. Teaches you the basic languages of python, java, even syntax.)

Will edit this post for more, but looking forward to seeing weird games from everyone
I fairly enjoy a lot of Nintendo games: Fire Emblem has always possessed a special place in my heart, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, etc. However, I've recently gotten into playing tabletop games such as DnD. I'm not an expert; however, I'm trying! 🤍

I currently play a lot of cosy Nintendo Switch games - I like them for car travel and passing time.

Recently started playing "Unpacking", which is quite therapeutic.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Secret of Mana
Parasite Eve
Bushido Blade 2
Final Fantasy X
Tales of Arise
Saints Row 2
Tekken 3-6
Xenogears
Silent Hill 1-3
Dino Crisis 2
Soul Caliber
Drakengard 3
Xenogears is far and away one of the best games ever made. It doesn't get nearly enough praise. > ___ U

First, my favorite game would have to be Portal 2. For a couple of reasons:

• Valve, they make take a w h i l e, to make things. But boy when they do...it's really well made. They have the funding but, from my knowledge, don't make the teams that big, I think I feel that since that since Portal just feels like so much love was put into it.
  • Nostalgia, I never played Portal 1 lol, but I got Portal 2 as a kid when my neighbor showed me. I played it and really liked it. I like enjoying random things and every time I go back to it, I love it even more.
  • First, the characters/lore! I mean, a lot of people love that lol. The theories and such. GLaDOS is such a great villian and it's really cool to see her evolve. I know some of the first game, much shorter and simple. She was an ominous force that appeared at the end, but in Portal 2, she has so much more gravitas. From her snarky and sarcastic remarks to feeling like a human even though she's an AI.
  • This ties in with the voice acting, the actress for GLaDOS really pushes her to the lows and highs of the character. Not to mention Wealthy who is so funny and a good twist. Remember funding? Well, they have fricken J. K. Simmons as Cave Johnson, so many quotable lines!
  • The story is tragic pretty much but also very interesting, plus impressive to pull off a great story with few characters.
  • Although its a story driven game, it still holds its roots in puzzles! I love solving things, especially as I grow older, but there are times when things hurt my head. I feel as though Portal 2, and the original, really blend a simple yet challenging experience that's fun!
  • Some test chambers are harder then others, and there's a real sense of progression.
  • The graphics still hold up extremely well for a game that's over 10 years old.
And yeah, I really love Portal 2. Partially because it's fun to have a seemingly random game that I never played the first and to a company that doesn't make much these days. But also it's genuanilly a really well made game with a lot of love. I only covered some stuff and it's a pretty popular game so I wouldn't be suprsied if you've heard of it. But if you haven't I highly recommend you check it out, and maybe the first game and tell me how it is lol.

Some of my other favorite games:
  • Deltarune (same creator as Undertale, but with some help and experience, it feels like he's created a system that blends his uniqueness and inspirations really well)
  • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Hollow Knight (Such a rich world, sound design and sountrack go hard)
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate (don't play much anymore but this was my bomb in middle school)
  • Overwatch (not everyon's favorite but it has some memorial characters, simple to play, and fun for me)

Breath of the Wild.
Slime Rancher.
Stardew Valley.
Pokémon White/White 2.
Mario Sunshine/Mario Galaxy 1 & 2.
The Sims 3.
Sea of Thieves.

1) Battlefield 4

Was my best friend in high school.

2) The NHL games

(Yes I know, boring sports games…)

Final Fantasy VII/Crisis Core/XIII/XV
Kingdom Hearts (almost all of the games in the series)
The Witcher 3
NieR:Automata (i've yet to play Replicant)
Borderlands 3
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
Stardew Valley
Phasmophobia
Slime Rancher
Sea of Thieves
Fallout 4/76
Cyberpunk 2077

i'm sure there's plenty more games that i love, i just struggle to think of them right now.
i do occasionally love Final Fantasy XIV, but i have been struggling to wrap my head around the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back