Literature what are you currently reading?

Not currently reading it, but I did very much enjoy The Aeronaut's Windlass, the first of a new Jim Butcher series. (Steampunky, which isn't really my thing, but I gave it a try anyway and loved it.)

How Dogs Learn - Burch & Bailey

It's theory-based stuff for personal interest and work. Hooray research <3

I recently finished Mistborn: the Secret History and the Prince of Fools. Currently, I am suspiciously staring at Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson - it's a huge timesink and I have no idea if I am up for that right now.

I have recently been finishing up the Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien, I loved it, as I am a huge Tolkien nerd.

It details the entire history of Middle Earth, and it has wonderful storys.

I'm currently reading The Magician, the second book in The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. And soon I'll be starting The Dream Thieves, the second book in the Raven Cycle series. And after I finish both series[Nicholas Flamel is a reread] then I'm going to hopefully finish rereading The Iron Trial or I might read The Immortal Rules. My sister has been nagging me to read that series.

AutumnWolfe said:
I'm reading a series called House of Night by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Oh those are pretty good! I read them about a year or so ago when they were still being published. They're not my favorite series, but I did enjoy them. I might reread them eventually.

[QUOTE="Octavia Nightingale]Oh those are pretty good! I read them about a year or so ago when they were still being published. They're not my favorite series, but I did enjoy them. I might reread them eventually.

[/QUOTE]
I'm almost finished. A few more books left. I've been trying to find someone who has read them for a while .

AutumnWolfe said:
I'm almost finished. A few more books left. I've been trying to find someone who has read them for a while .
Nice to meet you! My school's library has some of them and I read them from there. I haven't read all of the novellas though. Just the ones about Kalona and Neferet. I might have read the one about Lenobia.

[QUOTE="Octavia Nightingale]Nice to meet you! My school's library has some of them and I read them from there. I haven't read all of the novellas though. Just the ones about Kalona and Neferet. I might have read the one about Lenobia.

[/QUOTE]
Nice to meet you too. I've read from Marked to Hidden. I've only read the ones from Zoey's viewpoint.

AutumnWolfe said:
Nice to meet you too. I've read from Marked to Hidden. I've only read the ones from Zoey's viewpoint.
Ah! So you're almost there! I think I own Awakened. I had a hard time finding the series through my public library. Do you like them so far?

[QUOTE="Octavia Nightingale]Ah! So you're almost there! I think I own Awakened. I had a hard time finding the series through my public library. Do you like them so far?

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I really like them. I had to start getting the ebooks though as they are hard to find.

AutumnWolfe said:
Yeah, I really like them. I had to start getting the ebooks though as they are hard to find.
Which is sad. They're pretty good books. I've thought about buying the series eventually, but I don't have the money currently. Plus I rather own The Raven Cycle books first or the rest of the Viral series. I'm enjoying them a lot.

[QUOTE="Octavia Nightingale]Which is sad. They're pretty good books. I've thought about buying the series eventually, but I don't have the money currently. Plus I rather own The Raven Cycle books first or the rest of the Viral series. I'm enjoying them a lot.

[/QUOTE]
The good books are usually the ones that take forever to find unfortunately.

AutumnWolfe said:
The good books are usually the ones that take forever to find unfortunately.
Yeah, cause a lot of people like them. One of my favorite Steampunk Series is hard to find, but they're also expensive on amazon. I don't think any of them come in paperback. And there's only two of them so far.

The Sanguinarian Id by L.M.Labat

Its a horror/adventure book, but its really good. Its the first in what's going to be in a series

Siddhartha for my English class. The themes are interesting, but I'm convinced that the English translation does it zero justice, unless the original German had a crap load of word repetition in single paragraphs. One of my worst pet peeves in writing and this book is filled with it, lol. It's kind of like torture.

For fun, I'm reading Shadowscale by Rachel Hartman, a sequel to Seraphina. I consider it a medium-high fantasy. Includes dragons, half-dragons, some very basic magic and is in a medieval-like world. I really enjoy it and it's the first time in awhile that a series has piqued my interest. I've always been meaning to pick up the Ranger and Apprentice series, but haven't had the motivation to do it. I also need to work up trying to re-read LoTR.

Fixing to start Shadow Ops: Fortress Frontier, and after that I'll finish out the series with Breach Zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back