TV & Film What are the most cancerous fandoms you have ever seen?

Steven Universe, MLP, Superwholock, Overwatch (Up to this day I won`t get why the ship McHanzo is THAT famous. DO THEY EVEN HAVE DIALOGUE?!), League of Legends

Steven Universe, MLP, Superwholock, Overwatch (Up to this day I won`t get why the ship McHanzo is THAT famous. DO THEY EVEN HAVE DIALOGUE?!), League of Legends
I don't know anything about Overwatch or League of Legends. But Superwholock, Steven Universe, and MLP are awful.

Personally, I think that the Logan Paul/Jake Paul fandom (and the people those fandoms are for) are pretty cancerous.

undertale, MLP, and overwatch are just awful, League of legends and Star wars have become more toxic than Chernobyl.

Probably doesn't count as a "fandom" but lately I'm thinking the steam forum for the game Hearts of Iron IV. Most posts, if they're not trolling, seem to be either newbies who are literally helpless to learn the game themselves or by using google/YouTube/tutorials, or people complaining at Paradox/to the community uselessly, when it would probably be better to submit greviences to Paradox itself or on the Paradox forums.

As for trolling there's the people who make threads accusing Paradox of "ignoring history" or "promoting anti-semetism" or "promoting Hitler and the Nazis" because they didn't and won't include the holocaust, concentration camps, and such in the game.

Are we all forgetting about the Big Bang Theory fandom? That whole show makes me cringe, and 98% of its fans are 19-year-old fedora neckbeards who think that we care about their IQs. Kind of like Rick and Morty.

The Rick & Morty fandom is a dark, dark void of narcissistic bronies who think their IQ is 5x what it actually is.

If I recall an article some years ago already, Fifty Shaders of #7F7F7F started as a fandom of Twilight. I mean, the book isn't even about the subtle transitions between all the shades of Grey. In fact, it isn't about colours at all. False advertising if you ask me.

On a general note: most fandom is just someone's random sex fantasy in story format. Pretty dull on the whole. But that's just my opinion. I get bored easily.

"All of them" is the easy answer, but I guess for specifics, the ones I've had the most negative experiences with are probably the ones for RWBY (really Rooster Teeth shows in general but mostly for RWBY) and, mostly in recent years, Star Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back