Barely holding on.
A lot of these are pretty spot on for me too.
- I wouldn't say that it's a "red flag" per se, but a big ol' turn off of mine in RP requests is when the ad is formatted in extravagant BBcode. You know the ones I mean: excessive moving pics and windows in windows that you need to scroll through. Hidden bullets in stylized icons and banners for everything. It's just too much. Less is more, imo. And when I see adverts like this I just click the back button.
- Other topics I avoid are ones where canonical characters are involved.
- Pretty much anything that is multi-verse. Multi-verse is just a guise for lazy writing, and instead of actually proposing a story and setting, the person proposing the RP has opted to just let anything into the narrative. super lame
- School RPs.
- Vampire RPs. I've yet to see them done in a fashion that isn't some cringy "Interview with the Vampire" wannabe rendition or otherwise some kinda dumb familial clan thing. It's always the same tired ideas. Vampire and Werewolf is even worse in this regard.
- A long list of prohibited themes or topics. I understand the "No Metagaming" and "no godmodding". But once they start making a blacklist of all the stuff that they find personally offensive, I start to feel like I'm going to be dealing with a group of little snowflakes that are going to get their feathers ruffled if I don't keep in line with their personal agenda