Video Games What are rhe cringiest things you've witnessed gamers do?

Brea The Brave

So this is a common occurrence for those of us who play online multiplayer. Now we can agree some of us are casual, some of us are hardcore, but we have all likely encountered cringe and I would like to know some of your cringe experiences.

I actually have 3 to share that I can remember off the top of my head but I'll start with one that wasn't in game but on a video instead.

This video was about Mass Effect Andromeda and trust me I'm aware that the game was not perfect and I really, really love the original trilogy but it was clear this guy was just looking to hate on the game and was speaking absolute nonsense.

Now I want to make it known that his boy made it a point to point out to that he'd read all the codex, played through every scenario in the game and read all the comics and supplementary material so he was an expert on Mass Effect lore. I want you to keep this in mind...because he immediately fucks up after saying this.

He talks about how the plot of Andromeda ruins the original lore because at the end of Mass Effect 3 the Mass Relays are all destroyed so the Relays existing in Andromeda completely ruins the lore.

Now, this was wrong for a few reasons.
  1. Andromeda takes place during the events between Mass Effect 2 & 3 so the relays would not be destroyed yet.
  2. There is a point and time in Andromeda 3 times actually where they reference the reaper threat and it's clear they have no idea what it's about or what is going on there is even a point where you receive a transmission from the milky way and you can hear the reaper invasion and everyone is wondering what happened back in the milky way. There was absolutely no way he is a Mass Effect Lore expert, actually played this game and for that wrong.
Then he complains and the design of the Omni-tool completely ignoring that they flat-out said it was a new Salarian design made specifically for the initiative so of course it looks different.

Keep in mind I didn't read all the codex and everything he claims he read so if I know he's wrong there's an issue.

Next, he complains about the Krogan need undergoing gene therapy to counteract the Genophage because we cured it in Mass Effect 3 so they retconned the Tuchanka Arc.
  1. Once again they left before the events of Mass Effect 3
  2. Curing the Genophage was completely optional and might even be downright impossible if you don't save the data from Mordin's loyalty mission in 2 or if Mordin dies. So not only was he assuming everyone chose to cure the Genophage or was able to but ignores the fact that they all left before a cure was even viable after Saren's.
He then proceeds to complain because Ryder your character's father dies and they supposedly don't care and aren't sad about it and I call bull on this one because you have the option of choosing rather or not Ryder is saddened by the death of their father's death or not and there are several times you have the opportunity to address or say something about it. This means if Ryder did not care about their father's death in his playthrough that is something he actively chose to do and is passing it off as a flaw of the game when he chose to do it, so now he's blaming the game for his own choices.

Lastly, he called the new crew discount versions of the old crew and this one irritated me the most because they are not, basically the only thing similar about any of them is their race and that means this boy knew nothing about the original crew. He actually called Verta female Garrus when they act nothing alike, I dare to say they were opposites. He called Drax discount Wrex, while they do have similarities like caring about the well-being of their people and the common Krogan trait of enjoying a good fight they were nothing alike. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Anyway that's it for me for now at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's a bit more simple but I play FFXIV and I think it's absolute cringe when the healer is super fucking hard-headed and impatient. So we are in a dungeon and the Tank is new to this dungeon and makes it very clear to us that he can't do big pulls and will only do about 2 to 3 mobs at a time depending on their size. I'm cool with this and everyone agrees on it but suddenly abbot two rooms in the healer get a pissy attitude and say the tank can pull more monsters. The tank says know he isn't comfortable with that, me playing Samurai and the Bard are fine with this but suddenly the healer decides to be hard-headed and runoff draw aggro and bring back more monsters with him to force the tank to pull more and I find this to be dick move and so does the Bard but we DPS anyway because we don't want the tank to die. The tank kindly asks him not to do this, he says whatever and keeps doing it so the Bard and I tell the tank, to just let him die, of he wants to be a tank, let him be the tank. He then says without a healer we won't make it through but I mean it's not like he was really healing in the first place and his little mob shopping left us vulnerable because he wasn't where healing while we were taking damage anyway.

> Be me
>just started LoL, level 13
>playing easy bots for training
>try hard Ezrael joins the game
>He starts flaming at the level 13 guy how much he is tanking the match
>shouts at me to kill myself and uninstall the game
>Beginner sucked to much to play the training mode, sudoku is the only way out.

> Be me
>just started LoL, level 13
>playing easy bots for training
>try hard Ezrael joins the game
>He starts flaming at the level 13 guy how much he is tanking the match
>shouts at me to kill myself and uninstall the game
>Beginner sucked to much to play the training mode, sudoku is the only way out.
I can't stand those type of people reminds me of DC Universe Online when leave
50's used to pick on beginners in PVP and flame them for asking basic questions that were easy to just answer rather than throw a fit.

Edythir Edythir That's like this time in FFXIV we were running Shiva and there were new players to the trial. The newbies asked if anyone knew how to do it if there was anything they needed to know. Everyone is dead silent and I try to tell them what I know but I was on PS4 so typing is a slow-paced nightmare. So we wipe because the majority of people are new and have no idea what they are doing. I have no issue with this, everyone was new at some point, but the elitists start flaming them and talking about what they should have done and why they were doing so many dumb things. I quickly told them all to STFU because they asked 3 times at least before we started if they needed to know anything, they asked how to do it and you all said no and kept your mouths shut, you told the tank just to pull and that's what the did, you don't get to talk about them when you failed to help them when they asked.

Edythir Edythir That's like this time in FFXIV we were running Shiva and there were new players to the trial. The newbies asked if anyone knew how to do it if there was anything they needed to know. Everyone is dead silent and I try to tell them what I know but I was on PS4 so typing is a slow-paced nightmare. So we wipe because the majority of people are new and have no idea what they are doing. I have no issue with this, everyone was new at some point, but the elitists start flaming them and talking about what they should have done and why they were doing so many dumb things. I quickly told them all to STFU because they asked 3 times at least before we started if they needed to know anything, they asked how to do it and you all said no and kept your mouths shut, you told the tank just to pull and that's what the did, you don't get to talk about them when you failed to help them when they asked.

I have had some... colorful experiences with FFXIV. I have a few text macros, one for greeting and one if i see "one or more players are new to this duty" which just sends out question if they want boss mechanic tips. I actually heard one say

"Wow, a mentor who actually wants to teach people? Never seen that before" though sadly i will lose my combat crown until i get like 700 more comms.

But yeah, the most Extra person i have met was... Well it was an Astrologian back when they were actually useful. I was using PLD and we were doing Aurum Vale. We start shitting on eachother all of the time because he made us wipe multiple times, he thought it was more important to stand there and DPS instead of throwing a single heal on me... as a healer.

He ended up sending me a Imgur link saying "Here are some dungeon tips"

That was just an image of the text "[My in-gamename] kill urself"

This guy, while failing to heal me in a dungeon, opened up imgur, scribbled something with his mouse, saved it, uploaded it and then sent the link in chat.

That's the most extra kys i have ever recieved.

So I play a game called Arma 3, made by Bohemia Interactive and it's a semi-futuristic, tactical strategy shooter ~ Similar to Battlefield but with alot more customization. Very loyal fans and creative folk instantly got to work on creating some of the best mods I have ever come across in my gaming history. Custom made uniforms, vehicles, weapons, scripts and so forth allow someone to more or less play as anyone ~ from modern U.S Soldiers, HALO Orbital Drop Shock Troops, Star Wars Clone troopers, WH: Space Marines, WW2 British Paratroopers.. etc.. etc.. etc.. If you can think of it, someones probably made it in the Steam Workshop.

Now the multiplayer is a mixed bunch of communities: you have the casuals who just want to YOLO around in PVP, they haven't got much time to play so it's more or less a session of action, fun, tragedy and being stomped on time after time by more experienced players. I however, have been involved with Milsim communities for a very long time ~ I have always had a interest in the military but my AS prevents me from enlisting. Finding and meeting people from all over the world with similar interests in playing a game but trying to work together, communicate and organize ourselves in a military style fashion.

It's important to stress that despite the communities I get involved with are interested in doing military themed missions, it does not mean we always act accordingly to military etiquette. We don't salute, call each other by rank or say Sir/Ma'am. We don't demand, we ask. We don't punish our members unless it's something that is no laughing matter such as racism, bullying and generally being a prat towards others.

However, there are some communities in the Arma world that enforce silly things like having their newest recruits run a obstacle course, where all you have to do is press W and just make your character run ~ and it's enforced so if you don't want to spend two hours running around in a computer game then you're probably not on their level. There are some groups where you have to call each other by ranks, call a Officer by their name and oh dear.. back to the obstacle course with you..

There's a certain amount of Elitism that I find acceptable in such communities and then there's thinking that "If you can't do something I can, then you're not welcome here." ~ I don't agree with it at all and it can put off people from trying with other communities, further diluting the playerbase of a game I do sincerely love. Because there are few computer games out there.. that let you place hundreds of lollipops into a team-mate's backpack and still go on to work together and have a blast the entire time! :P

bowen.jpg

So I play a game called Arma 3, made by Bohemia Interactive and it's a semi-futuristic, tactical strategy shooter ~ Similar to Battlefield but with alot more customization. Very loyal fans and creative folk instantly got to work on creating some of the best mods I have ever come across in my gaming history. Custom made uniforms, vehicles, weapons, scripts and so forth allow someone to more or less play as anyone ~ from modern U.S Soldiers, HALO Orbital Drop Shock Troops, Star Wars Clone troopers, WH: Space Marines, WW2 British Paratroopers.. etc.. etc.. etc.. If you can think of it, someones probably made it in the Steam Workshop.

Now the multiplayer is a mixed bunch of communities: you have the casuals who just want to YOLO around in PVP, they haven't got much time to play so it's more or less a session of action, fun, tragedy and being stomped on time after time by more experienced players. I however, have been involved with Milsim communities for a very long time ~ I have always had a interest in the military but my AS prevents me from enlisting. Finding and meeting people from all over the world with similar interests in playing a game but trying to work together, communicate and organize ourselves in a military style fashion.

It's important to stress that despite the communities I get involved with are interested in doing military themed missions, it does not mean we always act accordingly to military etiquette. We don't salute, call each other by rank or say Sir/Ma'am. We don't demand, we ask. We don't punish our members unless it's something that is no laughing matter such as racism, bullying and generally being a prat towards others.

However, there are some communities in the Arma world that enforce silly things like having their newest recruits run a obstacle course, where all you have to do is press W and just make your character run ~ and it's enforced so if you don't want to spend two hours running around in a computer game then you're probably not on their level. There are some groups where you have to call each other by ranks, call a Officer by their name and oh dear.. back to the obstacle course with you..

There's a certain amount of Elitism that I find acceptable in such communities and then there's thinking that "If you can't do something I can, then you're not welcome here." ~ I don't agree with it at all and it can put off people from trying with other communities, further diluting the playerbase of a game I do sincerely love. Because there are few computer games out there.. that let you place hundreds of lollipops into a team-mate's backpack and still go on to work together and have a blast the entire time! :P

View attachment 640972
I've always wanted to get into Arms 3, because I love military stuff, but I just don't have the dedication for it, hehe. Glad you like it though!

My cringiest experience isn't really bad. I was playing Battlefield 1, and got a pretty good kill streak as a medic using what some people would consider a not so great gun (it was for unlock purposes.) Anyways, of course, one guy thought I was backing and threatened to report me like a child despite not evidence to the fact. It honestly didn't even effect me, and I only remembered it because I found this thread.

Girls that think they're entitled just because they're gamer girls.
Tbh, thinking that gamer girls are unique is already obsolete nowadays. There may be less girls who play competitive, yes. And those that do have my respect. But as casual gamers there are plenty and some people trying to ride on "uniquness" to cover up their mistakes in the game is very cringy.

I have had some... colorful experiences with FFXIV. I have a few text macros, one for greeting and one if i see "one or more players are new to this duty" which just sends out question if they want boss mechanic tips. I actually heard one say

"Wow, a mentor who actually wants to teach people? Never seen that before" though sadly i will lose my combat crown until i get like 700 more comms.

But yeah, the most Extra person i have met was... Well it was an Astrologian back when they were actually useful. I was using PLD and we were doing Aurum Vale. We start shitting on eachother all of the time because he made us wipe multiple times, he thought it was more important to stand there and DPS instead of throwing a single heal on me... as a healer.

He ended up sending me a Imgur link saying "Here are some dungeon tips"

That was just an image of the text "[My in-gamename] kill urself"

This guy, while failing to heal me in a dungeon, opened up imgur, scribbled something with his mouse, saved it, uploaded it and then sent the link in chat.

That's the most extra kys i have ever recieved.
That's funny I play FFXIV too maining White Mage and I am like the opposite of this I focus on healing I might throw out a quick Dot or a move that heals and does damage at the same time but I don't focus on damage in fact if I see my party can be trusted for me to do damage meaning they are acting a fool and loosing far too much damage for me to even think about doing damage I won't.

Funny thing is I always hated the mentor system because mentors only really seemed to be in it for the crown the make themselves look special. Now I never actually needed mentors because I merely had to start over at some point because...someone stole my character, don't ask my how I'm still not entirely sure how it happened to this day my brother had his character solten 3 times and I guess it was my turn. Anyway I knew how to play and all the other stuff but I still registered as new for obvious reasons and I used to look at these people who would quite literally say they had better things to do than help newbies and hold their hands and I would tell them you're a fucking mentor that us your purpose in the mentor chat I mind you, so basically you're just wearing the crown to look good. It got to the point where the newbies just had to help each other out and I would help them even though I wasn't a freaking mentor.

That's funny I play FFXIV too maining White Mage and I am like the opposite of this I focus on healing I might throw out a quick Dot or a move that heals and does damage at the same time but I don't focus on damage in fact if I see my party can be trusted for me to do damage meaning they are acting a fool and loosing far too much damage for me to even think about doing damage I won't.

Funny thing is I always hated the mentor system because mentors only really seemed to be in it for the crown the make themselves look special. Now I never actually needed mentors because I merely had to start over at some point because...someone stole my character, don't ask my how I'm still not entirely sure how it happened to this day my brother had his character solten 3 times and I guess it was my turn. Anyway I knew how to play and all the other stuff but I still registered as new for obvious reasons and I used to look at these people who would quite literally say they had better things to do than help newbies and hold their hands and I would tell them you're a fucking mentor that us your purpose in the mentor chat I mind you, so basically you're just wearing the crown to look good. It got to the point where the newbies just had to help each other out and I would help them even though I wasn't a freaking mentor.

I hate how toxic the community is in Savage and Extreme. Because the healer is expected to DPS the entire time, you get shouted and kicked if you don't have delusions of murder while trying to save people.

I hate how toxic the community is in Savage and Extreme. Because the healer is expected to DPS the entire time, you get shouted and kicked if you don't have delusions of murder while trying to save people.
I find that too be weird most Savage or Extreme parties I'm in seem to be pretty chill, I mean sometimes you might get the odds asshole or two but around the time I started doing Hard to Extreme mode it seemed, for the most part, the parties I was in had a common understanding that it was going to hard and there was a chance we might be there for a while so there was no sense in stressing over it and we all just pretty much had fun and laughed it off when we wiped. Actually, I have to say this approach worked much better than when people tried to be toxic and degrade people for failing or not understanding how to do things at first. Now that I think about it the only time we ever failed was when we had a decent amount of toxic of impatient people and I think it's because as corny as it might sound people are more willing to work together and pull through for you when you aren't being an asshole, when you like the people you're playing with, you don't want to let them down but you know if you don't get it right they won't put you down for it.

But that being said I have encountered said behavior at times and I find it so funny in an annoying way how they want you to focus solely on damage and then throw a hissy fit when they die, blaming you because you didn't heal them the thing they specifically didn't want you to do, but you know what really irritates me as healer? Even more than when people claim you didn't do anything when you just worked you ass off keeping them all alive because they were all doing shit they had absolutely no business doing?

I swear to you the most annoying thing us working with another healer who isn't pulling their weight and then try to blame you when things go wrong. Now I know it isn't all of them I have friends who play this class as well but every time I deal with this problem it's always a damn scholar, always. There was a time when we were doing Titan Extreme and I'm up here healing by myself and I don't particularly care because I can't heal everyone on my own, I did that easily. However, Titan always picked me I trap in the rocks, likely because I was the only one healing and you'd think while I was trapped he'd pick up the slack with healing right? I shit you not when I say not a single point was restored while I was trapped in that rock unless they healed themselves with potions or minor healing moves they had and because of this, tons of people died, I died in the rock and you'd think if he wasn't going to do any healing himself he'd raise me right? Nope just kept trying to attack like a moron and then when the tank was understandably upset and asked what happened to the heals this dingus tried to blame me and said I wasn't healing, now luckily everyone knew that was a lie since I made it point to use regen and medica 2 on a regular basis a move most definitely didn't have, the fact that medica and cure was being used and I had to use benediction on someone.

Andromeda takes place during the events between Mass Effect 2 & 3 so the relays would not be destroyed yet.
The Andromeda Intiative left after 2 & before 3. The journey itself to get to the Andromeda Galaxy took 600 years.

It could never have taken place between 2 & 3
At the start of ME3 6 months have passed since ME2's final DLC. If they could get there in less than six months they wouldn't need cryostasis.

They had advanced information on the Andromeda Galaxy because of geth-infested Kholas Array. When they got there they were completely unaware of the Scourge, which they would have known about if they got there within 6 months.

So this is a common occurrence for those of us who play online multiplayer. Now we can agree some of us are casual, some of us are hardcore, but we have all likely encountered cringe and I would like to know some of your cringe experiences.

I actually have 3 to share that I can remember off the top of my head but I'll start with one that wasn't in game but on a video instead.

This video was about Mass Effect Andromeda and trust me I'm aware that the game was not perfect and I really, really love the original trilogy but it was clear this guy was just looking to hate on the game and was speaking absolute nonsense.

Now I want to make it known that his boy made it a point to point out to that he'd read all the codex, played through every scenario in the game and read all the comics and supplementary material so he was an expert on Mass Effect lore. I want you to keep this in mind...because he immediately fucks up after saying this.

He talks about how the plot of Andromeda ruins the original lore because at the end of Mass Effect 3 the Mass Relays are all destroyed so the Relays existing in Andromeda completely ruins the lore.

Now, this was wrong for a few reasons.
  1. Andromeda takes place during the events between Mass Effect 2 & 3 so the relays would not be destroyed yet.
  2. There is a point and time in Andromeda 3 times actually where they reference the reaper threat and it's clear they have no idea what it's about or what is going on there is even a point where you receive a transmission from the milky way and you can hear the reaper invasion and everyone is wondering what happened back in the milky way. There was absolutely no way he is a Mass Effect Lore expert, actually played this game and for that wrong.
Then he complains and the design of the Omni-tool completely ignoring that they flat-out said it was a new Salarian design made specifically for the initiative so of course it looks different.

Keep in mind I didn't read all the codex and everything he claims he read so if I know he's wrong there's an issue.

Next, he complains about the Krogan need undergoing gene therapy to counteract the Genophage because we cured it in Mass Effect 3 so they retconned the Tuchanka Arc.
  1. Once again they left before the events of Mass Effect 3
  2. Curing the Genophage was completely optional and might even be downright impossible if you don't save the data from Mordin's loyalty mission in 2 or if Mordin dies. So not only was he assuming everyone chose to cure the Genophage or was able to but ignores the fact that they all left before a cure was even viable after Saren's.
He then proceeds to complain because Ryder your character's father dies and they supposedly don't care and aren't sad about it and I call bull on this one because you have the option of choosing rather or not Ryder is saddened by the death of their father's death or not and there are several times you have the opportunity to address or say something about it. This means if Ryder did not care about their father's death in his playthrough that is something he actively chose to do and is passing it off as a flaw of the game when he chose to do it, so now he's blaming the game for his own choices.

Lastly, he called the new crew discount versions of the old crew and this one irritated me the most because they are not, basically the only thing similar about any of them is their race and that means this boy knew nothing about the original crew. He actually called Verta female Garrus when they act nothing alike, I dare to say they were opposites. He called Drax discount Wrex, while they do have similarities like caring about the well-being of their people and the common Krogan trait of enjoying a good fight they were nothing alike. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Anyway that's it for me for now at least.

Minecraft is a game I've played on the daily ever since it came out on the Xbox 360. The absolute worst thing that any Minecraft player can do in a multiplayer game (in my opinion) is steal from another person's chest. This one kid stole a golden sword instead of a diamond sword because it was supposedly more durable and made him stronger?? Diamond swords and armor ARE the most durable!

if youve played multiplayer games online, ull know that the MILLISECOND, its clear that a person in the match is female or there is a CHANCE of someone being female, all the thirsty ass eboys begin fucking doing anything in their power to kissing ass, trolling, making jokes and just triyng out of their mind to get her attention.

Anytime you're in a dungeon and any team member doesn't do what they're supposed to, screwing over the team. Heck. No.

Cringey moments include but are not limited to, when I get on the mic and ask for instructions and get yelled at when I don't immediately catch on. I've been playing FFXIV since beta, I've done the savage and extreme modes of most things, and I cleared Titania EX before anyone else in my FC. I will catch on if you work with me, don't expect me to pick it up on our 2nd run.

I frequently play For Honor, and probably find myself in the upper percentile.

There's a new character in the game, who I've prestiged three times, two at the time of this instance.

Another player in question, who played a hero he was far more experienced with compared to me, started randomly trash-talking me, even when I consistently ranked 2nd in the team's scoreboard, for being the reason why we lost, even when he was at the bottom of the leaderboard.

He got so angered by my existence, and my indifference to him, that he continued roasting me for 3-4 matches in a row, not leaving, until he decided to use his best character, and winning the match, with me at second (as I was the entire time we were in the same game).

He did this by doing nothing, sitting in one place, and farming points whilst ganking the enemy once they felt confident enough to rush in, to their own demise.

Naturally, you cannot win by staying in one place, so I moved around, tried my best to farm the overall field to the best of my abilities with this unfamiliar character I was trying to get a hang of. I did pretty well, score-wise, not so well "kill-death"-wise, but I didn't have any negative K/D ratios.

After having claimed his top spot, pretty confidently, he left.

Interestingly enough, the only game he didn't trash talk me for no reason because I did better than he did with a character I was less familiar with than those he was familiar with, was the last game. I presume he felt confident in himself again.

Quite ridiculous, and dumb.

"[my username] is the reason we keep losing, leave"

My response: "Nah."

Funny thing was that my K/D was still better than his, though his score did outrank me by a couple hundred.

Cringest thing I've seen is I was playing dragoncity, and someone dared me to sell all my dragons or I'll hack your account. Well, I told my clan, they shooed him away. But, I always have the feeling someone is hacking my account...

I don't play competitive multiplayer often, but I have been on a few online games where something always, always manages to make me cringe.

- I sometimes go on random online MMOs like Animal Jam or, god forbid those days, Wolfhome, just to mess around a bit and see how they roleplay there. Joined a "good vs evil" roleplay on Animal Jam and put on my edgiest set of Phantom Armor. Some guy leads me away, starts asking me if I can trade my armor to him, in exchange for "member rares". Which I have no use of because i'm not a member (a paid player basically). So I go, "I'm not a member, what would I do with those rares?" And he's like "You can trade them for other stuff". Anyway, I hold firm when he suddenly says "Do you know about the legend of the lost jammer?"

A quick Google search later and it's apparently a creepypasta about some supposed haunted account on Animal Jam that hacks player accounts and steals their information. Of course, it's all BS, and I just go, "What, are you gonna try and hack me?" He says, "I'll do something very terrible to you." And I'm like "Like what, steal my account information? I barely play this game." Eventually he just gives up and starts trying to scare the other players. I just find it cringey that this guy would try to use a creepypasta just to get someone to trade him something he can easily get just by trading in the plaza with his member rares. Geez.

- Roleplaying on Animal Jam (or said MMOs) get a special mention for cringe for me. The amount of godmodding, powerplaying and metagaming is amazing.
Person A: *bites down on (Person B)'s neck no miss no nothing*
Person B: *breaks away and runs off* WAAAAH, MOMMY!
And so on and so forth.

- Walked in on two wolves trying to do ERP on Wolfhome. Guy goes "can you please leave? this is a private place" while the girl is like "No, let him stay and watch." Hightailed it out of there. It's a public server...just...why.

- I forgot what the title was, but I used to play the beta version of a 3D Pokemon game that supported online multiplayer, real-time battles (not turn-based) and had some basic stuff going on. The only Pokemon available at the time were the starters, Zubat and Gastly. Now, this is a beta, and the battle system isn't refined yet. As such, I get into a fight with a Charmander while using Zubat. He can't hit me because I'm flying above him and for whatever reason, Charmander's Ember attack can only go in front of it and can't be deployed while Charmander is jumping. I look at the in-game chat while running away and this guy...Charmander's player, is quite actively cussing me out in chat, in my native language.

I get pretty annoyed because I assume this guy didn't think I could understand him. So I reply back with something like, "Why don't you switch Pokemon then?" in the same language.

Guy does a 180. "Oh you're from (country) too??? Holy crap, I didn't think I'd find someone else! Where are you from? What's up? Got a Facebook?"

Either be a prick or don't be a prick. Trying to do a 180 like that only makes you look like a backstabbing idiot.

Probably from Achievement Hunter, where in Until Dawn, Geoff killed several characters by sheer stupidity, 2 of which in almost the same way.

Another one... Saddle up, this one is cringy

I was playing dragon city the other day, and someone asks me,"do you wanna play truth or dare?". Well, I was like,"sure, I'll play, no erotic stuff...", well, about thirty minutes into the game, I was getting kinda bored so I said,"I'll be in my clan, gimme a sec,..", and all these players start doing erp with me while I was gone for one frigging second! "What the hell is going on!", I shouted in the chat, all in caps, till someone said,"shhhh, you're in me...", I quickly left the chat, told my clan the player, and now the player is gone, for now...

'Nother one, this one happened a while back, two to three months into the game, I joined a random server and all these people were doing erp, I didn't know what it was or what was RP back then, so I just watched. Oh boy, it was hell in my eyes as soon as the male character started doing it... I couldn't leave the chat,I chatted my clan, but they wouldn't do anything to help... I joined the mob of players shouting,"stop it! Stop it!", they eventually stopped and decided to do it in clan, but we were still shouting the chant like some baseball crowd...

Ooo! I got a good one that happened to me recently. I was playing my favorite online game, For Honor. This was yesterday, actually. Recently, they dropped a massive new patch. Tons of new content. So I join a match, and what do I find but a guy on my team, on his mic...

Uhhh...can I say what he was doing on this site? Let's just say it was lewd and very disgusting.

Any sort of raging that involves throwing or breaking equipment or lashing out at the other people in the area. It shows an insane lack of self-control and anger management issues. Definitely funny, but also the biggest source of cringe for me

Maybe.........MAYBE if you're in MLG and your equipment malfunctions cause a loss. In the vast majority of scenarios though, it is not called for.

Raging in the game chat? Fine. I love toxic game chat (I don't engage or contribute but man is it funny)
Breaking the controller, tv/monitor, or console? Hell no. Bigass red flag and an immediate dealbreaker if I'm looking for a relationship. Luckily (and a bit unfortunately), not a lot of women play games anyway.

I can't be friends with people like that ever

Another one is ERPing in games. ERPing is usually fine in my mind.........if you do it in something like Discord or a voice chat or email between ONLY the parties involved. I've done a few myself. Just a text style RP over email with erotic elements. That's fine with me.

In a game though? That's some crazy shit to me. In this one, it was basically an ERP in a minecraft realm. I was messing around, helping out a new player, this little boy like 8 or so, cute as fuck and easily scared because he's entirely new to Minecraft. While out looking for some animals to hunt, these people went into extremely graphic details about what they wanted to do with each other while I'm looking to protect my young grasshopper from a few skeletons because he only had on leather pants. Everyone could hear this crap. 2 adults who seemed like they should be playing in a local split-screen world from a hotel room, not on a public minecraft server with very vocal children playing. Last I heard, they got banned.

Basically phone sexing in a minecraft server. Fucking disgusting

Cringiest experience?

Misogyny. Or maybe that's too strong of a word. Just, "I h8 wamen"

I'm sorry, but you joined this Minecraft server that had this disgusting blood-splattered animated banner that said "FACTIONS | HARDCORE | NONSTOP WAR | SHARP SWORDS | NOBODY IS SAFE | You will lose everything! | The owner drinks ichor and shits out Cthulhu's scrotum" and was run by an administrator who had a very obvious god complex and problems controlling his temper. Why are you going to shout at me with whatever generic rape jokes you can come up with, just to offend me after our faction does exactly what the server says on the tin? Like...dude. Come on. I only killed you ~12 times. I just needed your power to get to zero so I could take your land. I would've even given you back everything you couldn't use to kill me with if you didn't start bitching about how you and your snot-filled buddies would tie me to a tree and have your way.

And I get that whole "oh just don't VC them on discord" "oh don't tell people you're a girl" and, you know what? Fuck off lol. I've been doing that for years now. But I'm sick of making excuses as to why I didn't talk, so at this point, I really don't care to hide my sex. I made friends on these servers that I really, really enjoy talking to. I'm going to talk to them, and they're going to know about me as much as I know about them. I'm going to know them so well that we'll spend several hours a day digging up an entire desert, TOGETHER, just so we can have enough TNT and sand to send you and your friends back to square one. Then we'll watch the sunset from the top of that cobblestone box you called a base.

But no, you don't want to play the game once you're losing. Where's all the spunk you had in your LAST "war" when you slaughtered a bunch of kids while they were desperately sending private msgs to everyone online to help them? But this time, we attack you with (good) swords, (good) bows, and (a fuck ton of) TNT and your band of manure munching muppets who outnumber us 3 to 2 retaliate with...slurs? How are we supposed to react to that if you're hiding in the dead center of your territory, at bedrock level, literally inaccessible, filling the chat with things that your mother would probably skin you alive for saying? Keep in mind, you're targetting this all towards me. Friends don't get love because they have balls, I guess. But yeah, I had to reduce the size of the chat so I didn't have to see the phrases "dead whore", "retarded I'm uncultured", "crazy slag" every three seconds. Like, bro, you type fast. Those fast fingers could be used for PvP, right? You probably could've taken us on. Oh, wait, no you couldn't have. We got you hard.

Okay, maybe if you picked any other brand of insult, it would've been okay. Maybe the ones you use on...other people? You don't need special insults for girls. It's just kind of gross and makes me think that you're somehow afraid of women, and not just your own mother. Maybe I'm reading too much into this and maybe my rant went for too long (and I've become the real cringe by posting this), or...maybe gamers like these need to stop being such whiny pieces of human waste and learn that there are betters way to be a degenerate than taking out your frustration on half of the human population. Seriously, your rage isn't that important that 3.8 billion people need to take a hit for it. Take it out on me, personally, instead. Yet the only thing you can come up with is "woman bad." <.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back