• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Westview School For The Gifted >>MAIN CHAT<<

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
(Interactions: Cello. Cello. )

Amethyst suited being in the garden. She matched the scenery and it was just very her. Grayson watched as she fiddled around with a branch from the tree. He thought her kissing the branch was weird, but he didn't comment on it.

When she brought up his love of romance novels, his face went a faint pink. "..Don't mention that.." He mumbled as he sat down next to her, shyly picking at his fingers as he thought about a proper answer. And he had to think for a long time. Grayson didn't like a lot of things. He was picky. Most things he hated. He could go on for hours about what he disliked. Cautiously and with great hesitance he looked at her, before he pulled up a pant leg a little to show her what socks he was wearing. Blue socks, with images of cats wearing scarves. The only colour he was wearing today.

"I like socks." He finally answered, pulling his pant leg back down to hide them again. It was an embarrassing thing to enjoy, but Grayson now trusted Amethyst enough to share things like that. She was nice, almost too nice. "And bread." He added, before looking back at her.

"What things do you dislike?" Amethyst was always positive, excluding their incidents with the ghost. Grayson wanted to know what she hated, rather than the good things.

Interactions: Gao Gao {Grayson}
Amethyst Lightwood

She nodded to what he said about the books with a smile. She watched as he tried to answer her question and when he revealed he was wearing cat socks she said, "oooh thats what a cat is." She clapped slightly and kept that in her mind.

She noticed the blue socks were the only color he wore everything else was on the plain white, grey, and black scale. She wondered why he didnt wear more color and took note about that.

She smiled when he mention he liked socks and bread. She also liked bread to a extent she disliked a couple types of bread, they just tasted dry. Others were good though, like sourdough. She liked sourdough bread.

She tilted her head at his question, that was a different question then she got asked most times. She disliked a couple things but not enough to bother her most of the time though. "I guess Parties and people. I also very much despise shoes." She signed and laughed slightly.

She felt her wings twitch and she looked at the sky through the yellow branches. "What do you do in your free time but read and study? Do you play a instrument?" She signed.

He narrowed his eyes. That wasn't the answer he was looking for, he was hoping for something worse. Something juicy. Parties people and shoes was a very mellow answer, two he could agree with. He assumed Amethyst just wasn't negative enough for something big.

"Why shoes?" He inquired, already guessing the answer. Amethyst was big with nature, so running around in bare feet made sense.

He shook his head to her question if he played any instruments. "Tried piano and violin. Bad at both of them." Grayson's talents did not lay in music or creativity, if he wasn't good at something immediately, he would get frustrated. The only thing he really put his time into was reading books and studying, and that one was more because he wanted to live up to expectations.

"Jigsaw puzzles." He felt his response was very dull, but it was the best he could come up with. He did not experiment with a lot of other activities. "And Calligraphy." Feeling boring, he quickly turned the question back on her, "What about you? What do you do?"

Amethyst Lightwood

She tapped her chin for a moment. "I just never have. All the floors within the towers are made of cloud like things and we have no point for shoes if we never touch the ground." She signed with a smile.

She nodded to his response with the violin and piano, she wasnt great at either but knew fairly simple things on both. She tried playing them till she found her love for cello. She also ended up playing harp for a while but dropped it when Harps became less desired and hard to get people to teach her on how to play.

Her entire face went bright when he mentioned calligraphy, she fell in love with that when she was alot younger and watched her mother design things with them. "I love calligraphy but can never do it!" She signed and felt a small ping of jealousy.

She thought for a moment about what she liked doing. "Well I play the Cello, sneak out, eavesdrop, read, write, draw, garden and study. Do you know how hard it is to sneak into the Great Library-" She said then stopped. She had a sheepish grin on her face and rubbed the back of her neck. She honestly thought of sneaking out and eavesdropping as normal things as she found it useful and didnt get caught . She has found out many different things that make her see in a different light and always now there are two sides to a story.

She flicked her wings and shook her head slightly to clear her thoughts.

Last edited:

When Amethyst showed a liking for Calligraphy he smiled weakly. It was a pretty useless skill and Grayson had only learned it for the intention of neat notes or written essays. He had impeccable cursive, most of the time. Sometimes when he was tired it could deteriorate into a messy scrawl and he would end up binning it and restarting the whole page again. "I could try teach you." He offered, but he was unsure how good of a teacher he would be. He hadn't taught anyone anything before.

Grayson blinked at her next sentence, taking a long moment before saying anything. "The floors.. Are made out of clouds." He repeated slowly, the stereotypical images of heaven coming to mind. Amethyst had brushed over that very easy. Far too easy for Grayson's confined human life brain to just accept as common knowledge.

"You- You sneak into the Library?!" He understood the eavesdropping, Grayson had a tendency of doing it unintentionally. Being quiet you get to listen a lot and people talk loud. But Grayson had never snuck into anywhere he wasn't supposed to be. He didn't break rules. He watched Amethyst smile sheepishly and rub her neck, the male looking like he was about to scold her for it. He had been under the impression the Great Library was open for anyone to come and go. He shook his head with a faint smile on his face again, the female a bit more complex and different than he had first presumed.

"You're odd." He commented, but surprisingly not in a mean tone, more of an observation.

Amethyst Lightwood

She was grinning. "Id like that but no promises ill be able to do anything." She said and crossed her arms. She didnt know how good of a student she could be mainly because people have tried teaching her calligraphy before and just gave up. She also couldnt do cursive for the life of her. Maybe that was the problem. She had a good print and could write quickly, but mainly to get all observations down.

At his next sentence she blinked slowly and thought about the floors for a moment. How they were slightly foggy and surprisingly soft and felt like fur and fluffiness. "Well yes and no. Its a mixture of cloud like things but mainly feels like what a kid would imagine it to feel like." She signed with a smile. That was one of her favorite things about Angelia is that she could imagine she was in the clouds- which she was most of the time.

She nodded. "Well you got to get books when you need books!" She stated with another smile. She watched him shake his head and laughed. When he mentioned she was odd she smacked his arm lightly with her wing in a playful way, grinning.

"I am not! Your the one who doesnt like sweet things and if I do say so myself that means your odd." She protested. She flicked her wings back to their folded position and sat on her knees in the grass. She rubbed her eyes and colors filled her vision but she quickly shook it from her eyes.

Last edited:
Interactions: click norris click norris {Rema} Gao Gao {Grayson}
Amethyst Lightwood

She didnt wait for Grayson to respond before she saw Rema, her eyes going wide. "Ill be back!" She signed to him. Amethyst bounced to her feet, wings flared slightly and was walking around the garden. When she reached Rema's side she looped her arm under the girls and led her to a bench.

"Are you ok? Why are you drinking? Did something happen?" She signed and her brows furrowed. She looked at the bottle in her hand and let of a disappointed sigh. She gently took it out of her hands and tucked it her side away from Remas grasp. She looked at her then at the gardens around them. Why was she drinking..? Didnt she know she was on school property and could get in trouble?

Interactions: click norris click norris {Rema} Gao Gao {Grayson}
Amethyst Lightwood

She didnt wait for Grayson to respond before she saw Rema, her eyes going wide. "Ill be back!" She signed to him. Amethyst bounced to her feet, wings flared slightly and was walking around the garden. When she reached Rema's side she looped her arm under the girls and led her to a bench.

"Are you ok? Why are you drinking? Did something happen?" She signed and her brows furrowed. She looked at the bottle in her hand and let of a disappointed sigh. She gently took it out of her hands and tucked it her side away from Remas grasp. She looked at her then at the gardens around them. Why was she drinking..? Didnt she know she was on school property and could get in trouble?
*rema looks at amethyst with dull eyes* "i need to die... I cannot live with the guilt... IM sorry, i drink to get rid of the pain... To block the cruel memories..." *she reaches for the bottle as it is taken from her* "h...hey thats mine..."

Interactions: click norris click norris {Rema}
Amethyst Lightwood

Her face contorted into pain. She had been there once. Long ago and still currently is but not as bad. She understood what Rema meant but that wasnt the way to cure it. "It will get better... Ill help you." She signed and offered a small weak smile.

She didnt know if she could but she sure as hell would try. She knew it wasnt her problem to deal with people but if she could shouldnt she? She didnt want someone to go through what she did. "But first- no more drinking. That ruins your body and mind." She signed and lowered Rema outstretched hand.

Amethyst Lightwood

Her face contorted into pain. She had been there once. Long ago and still currently is but not as bad. She understood what Rema meant but that wasnt the way to cure it. "It will get better... Ill help you." She signed and offered a small weak smile.

She didnt know if she could but she sure as hell would try. She knew it wasnt her problem to deal with people but if she could shouldnt she? She didnt want someone to go through what she did. "But first- no more drinking. That ruins your body and mind." She signed and lowered Rema outstretched hand.
*rema shakes her head impatiently and tears appear in her eyes* "it will never get better...i just need an escape...how would you help me?" *her face changes from sadness to anger at the mention of no alcohol* "what do you think? That you can control what i drink?" *she folds her hands in her lap* "im sorry, i didnt mean to snap..."

Amethyst Lightwood

"I can help you trust me." She signed and smiled. She didnt say anything about her snapping but nodded to the apology. She ran her hand through her hair.

She flicked her wings and looked at the girl. "If I help you though you cant tell anyone.." She signed and trembled slightly.

Last time she helped someone with this it was bad- Her parents walked in on her helping Lapis and she has never seen them angrier just because she didnt tell them about the power. "Lay on the ground and close your eyes." She signed and smiled.

Amethyst Lightwood

"I can help you trust me." She signed and smiled. She didnt say anything about her snapping but nodded to the apology. She ran her hand through her hair.

She flicked her wings and looked at the girl. "If I help you though you cant tell anyone.." She signed and trembled slightly.

Last time she helped someone with this it was bad- Her parents walked in on her helping Lapis and she has never seen them angrier just because she didnt tell them about the power. "Lay on the ground and close your eyes." She signed and smiled.
*rema nods and lays on the ground, closing her eyes obediently* "what do you intend to do?" *she asks slowly*

(Interactions: Cello. Cello. + click norris click norris )

That sounded amazing. Cloud floors. When she playfully smacked her arm with his wing, he rubbed his arm instinctively. Not because it had hurt, but the brush of her wing had been soft. While Grayson liked books, he wouldn't say he'd steal them.

He watched as Amethyst popped to her feet to go help Rema, who was staggering through the garden with a bottle. Grayson looked at their interactions for a while, before getting to his feet to follow them to the bench. Rema was a mess, and very drunk.

He gently took the bottle of alcohol from Amethyst's side, as if he now wanted a sip. Grayson wanted no such thing, he was just curious. He sniffed the bottle, immediately frowning in disgust at the smell of vodka and recoiling away from it.

"Oh that's nasty.." He muttered, deciding he hated alcohol. He had never had it before, and was not intending to start now. Or ever. He didn't understand why anyone would drink that stuff, nor even understood how it felt to be drunk. All he knew is it made you act foolish.

He screwed the lid back onto the bottle and instead just curiously watched as Amethyst offered help to Rema.

Interaction: Gao Gao {Grayson} click norris click norris {Rema}
Amethyst Lightwood

She knelt down next to Rema. She looked over to see Grayson now by them and nodded to him. She didnt really care if he saw what she was about to do, she now trusted him. Plus what was this compared to what she already told him..?

She held her hand over Remas head, her hand shaking slightly. She traced a small sign on Remas forehead and moved her hand back into the air. She closed her own eyes and a small soft light bounced from her hand to Remas head.

It was intended to take the pain off ones mind for awhile or to numb it really. She flicked her wings closer to her and focused harder on Rema. She swapped her stance to have both knees on the ground and squinted her eyes harder, colors exploding across her vision.

She popped open her eyes as she moved her hand from Remas head after awhile and shook it out. The light faded away but it should help keep Remas mind clear of the unpleasant memories. She looked at her arm and noticed the veins. They hadnt gone black like they normally would have and she was slightly proud they didnt. She stood up and offered a hand to Rema.

Interaction: Gao Gao {Grayson} click norris click norris {Rema}
Amethyst Lightwood

She knelt down next to Rema. She looked over to see Grayson now by them and nodded to him. She didnt really care if he saw what she was about to do, she now trusted him. Plus what was this compared to what she already told him..?

She held her hand over Remas head, her hand shaking slightly. She traced a small sign on Remas forehead and moved her hand back into the air. She closed her own eyes and a small soft light bounced from her hand to Remas head.

It was intended to take the pain off ones mind for awhile or to numb it really. She flicked her wings closer to her and focused harder on Rema. She swapped her stance to have both knees on the ground and squinted her eyes harder, colors exploding across her vision.

She popped open her eyes as she moved her hand from Remas head after awhile and shook it out. The light faded away but it should help keep Remas mind clear of the unpleasant memories. She looked at her arm and noticed the veins. They hadnt gone black like they normally would have and she was slightly proud they didnt. She stood up and offered a hand to Rema.
*rema flinches as amethyst traces the symbol on her head but relaxes a little as she feels her mind being altered so the memories that had haunted her for so long would go away. after the tingling sensation goes away, she opens her eyes and accepts amethysts hand, hauling herself to her feet* "wh...what did you do?" *she asks curiously*

Interactions: Gao Gao {Grayson} click norris click norris {Rema}
Amethyst Lightwood

She smiled and tapped her finger on her wrist. It was a weird habit she picked up when she was younger. She flicked her wings and thought about a answer to Remas question.

She looked at Grayson briefly as he held the bottle of Vodka and she stopped herself from laughing. He had a pure look of disgust on his face as she turned back to Rema. "Some part of my power allows me to take pain away or ease someone away from pain. It helps keep people calm." She signed and smiled.

She clasped her hands together in front of her resting on her camo pants. She looked up at the sky before focusing on Rema with soft purple eyes. "You feel anything wrong in your head ill help you got it? All you have to do is ask and ill always help." She signed with a smile.

She normally keeps her promises and this was not one of the times she wouldnt. She was serious, she would do anything to help anybody. "Im going to run back to my dorm to grab something. Ill be back in a minute." She signed and lifted off into the air.

She landed back at the schools entrance and walked to her dorm room. She picked up a music composition sheet and a pencil and her book that she has read so many times, Midnight Runaway. She walked back out of her dorm quickly and tucked the sheet in her book and the pencil behind her ear.

She flew back to Grayson and Rema and sat down under a big tree and with a big yawn opened her book.

Amethyst Lightwood

She smiled and tapped her finger on her wrist. It was a weird habit she picked up when she was younger. She flicked her wings and thought about a answer to Remas question.

She looked at Grayson briefly as he held the bottle of Vodka and she stopped herself from laughing. He had a pure look of disgust on his face as she turned back to Rema. "Some part of my power allows me to take pain away or ease someone away from pain. It helps keep people calm." She signed and smiled.

She clasped her hands together in front of her resting on her camo pants. She looked up at the sky before focusing on Rema with soft purple eyes. "You feel anything wrong in your head ill help you got it? All you have to do is ask and ill always help." She signed with a smile.

She normally keeps her promises and this was not one of the times she wouldnt. She was serious, she would do anything to help anybody. "Im going to run back to my dorm to grab something. Ill be back in a minute." She signed and lifted off into the air.

She landed back at the schools entrance and walked to her dorm room. She picked up a music composition sheet and a pencil and her book that she has read so many times, Midnight Runaway. She walked back out of her dorm quickly and tucked the sheet in her book and the pencil behind her ear.

She flew back to Grayson and Rema and sat down under a big tree and with a big yawn opened her book.
*rema tilts her head in confusion at amethysts answer* "you can fix pain better than alcohol? ...can all angli do that or just you...? *she sits back on the bench, swaying and grabs the vodka back right after amethyst takes off* "so i hate people that have too much power..." *she says drunkenly* "but in a sense, most humans are evil... which is why i must destroy them all... to stop the spread of this evil..." *she stops talking as amethyst returns*

Grayson followed Amethyst's gaze to her arm, also wanting to check on the female's veins. They didn't seem abnormal which was a good sign. Amethyst would not be fainting anytime soon. Probably. The skill she had to remove someone’s pain and make them feel calm was incredible. Physical healing was one thing, emotional healing was a whole new level.

He then watched Amethyst shoot off into the sky, returning shortly with a book in hand. A piece of paper was sticking out of it, making Grayson curious what it was. Before he could inquire about it, he watched Rema take the vodka again. He gently took it off of her again. He set the bottle of alcohol on the other side of him, further away for Rema to get her hands on. He reminded himself to throw it in the nearest bin later on, Grayson did not want to be caught by a teacher with vodka on him.

Rema was going on about how evil humans were and that she had to destroy them in some drunken slur. Being human himself, Grayson hoped that was just the alcohol talking. He glanced at Rema warily, cautious of the drunk female before looking to Amethyst, down to the book and paper she had.

“What’s that?” He asked, wondering what she had flew off to retrieve from her dorm room.

Amethyst Lightwood

She was not very happy to see that Rema was drunk again and let out a small sigh. "Just me as I know of." She signed to Rema to answer her previous question. She flicked her wings to rest on the Birch tree. She looked at Grayson who now had the bottle in his hand and she cracked a smile.

She was holding the book to her chest when he asked her a question. She looked down at the book which held her piece of music in it then back up at Grayson. She turned a slight shade of pink and looked away embarrassed.

"Dont laugh." She mumbled and hugged the book tighter to her chest. It wasnt the book she was embarrassed about it was the music sheet within it. Normally with her favorite books she wrote a small thing of music that seemed to fit the book. She couldnt figure out what this one was quite yet but had a small idea.

"Its a piece of music ive been working on- I do it for alot of books." She explained and was now looking up at Grayson to watch his expression. She was hoping he didnt laugh or say it was weird- It was one of her weird hobbies and almost obsessed over it back home. It brought her closer to the book and made her feel as if she was in the book. One time she combined some of the pieces together to create her now favorite piece.

Amethyst Lightwood

She was not very happy to see that Rema was drunk again and let out a small sigh. "Just me as I know of." She signed to Rema to answer her previous question. She flicked her wings to rest on the Birch tree. She looked at Grayson who now had the bottle in his hand and she cracked a smile.

She was holding the book to her chest when he asked her a question. She looked down at the book which held her piece of music in it then back up at Grayson. She turned a slight shade of pink and looked away embarrassed.

"Dont laugh." She mumbled and hugged the book tighter to her chest. It wasnt the book she was embarrassed about it was the music sheet within it. Normally with her favorite books she wrote a small thing of music that seemed to fit the book. She couldnt figure out what this one was quite yet but had a small idea.

"Its a piece of music ive been working on- I do it for alot of books." She explained and was now looking up at Grayson to watch his expression. She was hoping he didnt laugh or say it was weird- It was one of her weird hobbies and almost obsessed over it back home. It brought her closer to the book and made her feel as if she was in the book. One time she combined some of the pieces together to create her now favorite piece.
*rema reaches for the bottle again while they are distracted*

Grayson had been a bit spooked by Rema’s drunk ramblings, that had stopped as soon as Amethyst was back. He was thankful Amethyst returned quick, since he wasn’t too sure how to react to ‘I must destroy all humans’.

At first Grayson had assumed the piece of paper was just used as a makeshift bookmark, yet his assumption was corrected seeing the blush cross Amethyst’s face. Intrigue sparked in his eyes, realising it wasn’t just a piece of paper.

When she had explained what it was, Grayson could tell she was studying his face, waiting to see how he would react. He attempted to look uninterested about it, but he soon smiled, followed shortly by a small laugh that he couldn’t keep in.

“It’s not embarrassing.” He told her, much more amused by Amethyst’s blushing face than her writing music. “You were humming earlier.” It was clear where Grayson was going with this, his gaze flickering down to the paper then back to Amethyst. “Hum that.”

Upon hearing drunk Rema beginning to move he had a pretty good hunch what she was up to. Taking his own book, he hit her hand away from the bottle. Like swatting a fly away. He frowned at Rema, wondering what was so good about the bottle of vodka. It was like babysitting a child trying to get at sweets.

Grayson had been a bit spooked by Rema’s drunk ramblings, that had stopped as soon as Amethyst was back. He was thankful Amethyst returned quick, since he wasn’t too sure how to react to ‘I must destroy all humans’.

At first Grayson had assumed the piece of paper was just used as a makeshift bookmark, yet his assumption was corrected seeing the blush cross Amethyst’s face. Intrigue sparked in his eyes, realising it wasn’t just a piece of paper.

When she had explained what it was, Grayson could tell she was studying his face, waiting to see how he would react. He attempted to look uninterested about it, but he soon smiled, followed shortly by a small laugh that he couldn’t keep in.

“It’s not embarrassing.” He told her, much more amused by Amethyst’s blushing face than her writing music. “You were humming earlier.” It was clear where Grayson was going with this, his gaze flickering down to the paper then back to Amethyst. “Hum that.”

Upon hearing drunk Rema beginning to move he had a pretty good hunch what she was up to. Taking his own book, he hit her hand away from the bottle. Like swatting a fly away. He frowned at Rema, wondering what was so good about the bottle of vodka. It was like babysitting a child trying to get at sweets.
*she growls and grabs it quickly. She stares at it for a second before swashing it on the back of the bench, the shards dissappearing when she waves her hand over them*

Amethyst Lightwood

When he laughed she felt slightly upset but soon realized he was laughing at her for being embarrassed. She flushed a deeper shade of pink.

When he mentioned her humming earlier she stopped herself from smacking her head for being so childish. That was one of the other melodies she came up with and when he looked at her book her heart sped up slightly.

"I-I dont have alot of it done plus its not that good-" She protested quietly. She only had a couple bars down that she was sure of the rest were waves of what she wanted but not sure if she wanted them in the order.

She flicked her wings and watched Rema snatch away the bottle and laughed. She flopped on the grass deciding if she should try to hum the song or not. She decided to hum it. Like what could go wrong? Her getting laughed at or not asked about it again?

She closed her eyes and laid against the tree, running her hand over the rough roots. It was slightly comforting to know a tree could withstand so much, she could withstand this one moment.

She closed her eyes after briefly looking over the melody. She hummed the couple bars quietly and it came out like honey. It was a sad beat with a slightly happy tone underneath. This is the one piece that had to be perfection and it showed through the couple of bars. She quickly opened her eyes and cleared her throat. She looked away from Grayson slightly pink still from being embarrassed.

Grayson was about to snatch the bottle back off Rema, when she decided to smash it over the back of the bench. He flinched away, not fond of the idea of shards of glass flying at him. Thankfully Rema dispersed them, allowing Grayson to relax and pay attention to Amethyst without the fear of glass lodged in his skin.

She was protesting to hum and Grayson shook his head at her. If she was going to write music she might as well play it, even without an instrument. Grayson was stubborn and nosey, Amethyst knew the bounds of his curiosity.

Grayson was watching her intently as she finally began to hum the tune. It was a pleasant noise,
He wish he knew how to write music like that. He did a few music scores for extra points in his tutoring, all theory based, no playing instruments. But they weren’t up to the level that she had. He zoned out during her humming, just staring at her while his mind when off on tangents.

He only zoned back in when she had stopped and looked away, still pink. He didn’t see why she should be embarrassed, she was talented. The hobby was a little rare and kind of nerdy, but definitely not something to be shy about.

“I’m going to tell everyone.” He threatened, but the faint smile on his face said otherwise. He was just playing around. “It’s nice.” He complimented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back