Westbrook Season 2

Ophelia Corrus | 16 | Junior
Interaction: DrabberRogue DrabberRogue

As the two teenagers held their gaze, not looking away from each other, Ophelia felt something shift. Her eyes widened slightly as a thought dawned on her. No. She couldn't already be crushing on him.. right? I mean they only just met! That would be absurd! And yet, Ophelia giggled at Jace's remark on how he'd have to keep her out of trouble, eyes shifting from his to the hallway before them. Yes, giggled. Something Ophelia rarely did. After sidestepping a cleaner's cart, the pair turned another corner, traveling deeper into the empty, soulless maze.

After a few moments of silence, Jace had spoken up again. The question caught Ophelia off guard quite a bit, and she panicked for a moment. Do I tell him the truth? Or do I lie? “Oh well uhm…. You see the reason i-uh” Ophelia fumbled over her words, eventually deciding that Jace was trustworthy enough to tell him. Here goes nothing, let's just hope he doesn’t get upset. “ I-may-have-dumped-a-whole-bottle-of-vodka-in-the-punch-bowl” She blurted out, all in one breath. Ophelia looked away, not meeting Jace’s eyes. Why was she so embarrassed? Pull it together! You’re probably going to get in trouble anyways.. So what if this guy turns you in? Ophelia shyly looked up at Jace, a small, nervous smile on her face.​

Greyson
955d7963652a13fca2b8111d603469cb2391949f.gif

He was taken aback from the sudden hug, but Greyson wasn't about to protest about it. Slowly, he returned the hug. His eyebrows was knitted together with worry. "Are you sure you're okay?" Jackie pulled away which felt like a little too soon to the blonde, but he didn't say anything about it-- nothing about their hands being intertwined either, he didn't want to ruin it with his babbling. But he was almost positive the blush on his cheeks wouldn't do that either.

He wasn't completely convinced by Jackie's words, but he wasn't about to press her about it. Plus, it was super easy to forget all the sad when she was doing such an amazing job at making him smile. That whole thing how dudes shouldn't be complimented like women are, who ever said that? There was nothing wrong with it. Greyson would much rather be called magnificent, superb, marvelous, and splendid. Besides... a simple 'you look good.'

Shut up. It made him feel special.

What added to that, was picking the right flower. Greyson practically stood with the florist for over an hour, who... was definitely not happy with him. But a sale is a sale, right? That's all that matters... for the florist. To Greyson? It made Jackie smile and that was enough for him. Minor confusion set in as Jackie started looking for whatever she was looking for. He hadn't expected a present and he kinda felt bad.

All he got her was a dumb flower.

G and J.

Was it early for that?

Yes.

Did he care though?

Nope.

Most of his hopes were a little bit shattered when he realized it was for his name, but... that's okay. She actually got him something. That was the most sweetest thing in the world, and it's weird how Greyson's heart felt like exploding-- in a good way, of course. "I don't like them, okay, I love them. You really didn't have to though. I wish I got you something a little nicer now." Flowers were just standard school date things.

She deserved way more than a single rose.

Greyson placed the cuff links on, and surprisingly, he didn't need any help. Look at that! A pro.

--

The two made their way to all the homecoming action, and the blonde started to panic a bit. What were they supposed to do now? Do you even dance at a dance or is that something considered uncool now? An upbeat song was playing when he gestured to the dance floor. "Is dancing something you enjoy? I'm not much of one, but I'll sacrifice my popularity for you." A joke, duh. He wasn't very popular. She... probably knew that though.

The song quickly switched to a slow one and he panicked a bit on the inside. He wasn't good at slow dancing either!

Dates were... scary. Wow.

If only she wasn't so pretty.

geminiy geminiy

Grace
14932dc5592f5c22cb8b1d0389bd27ba2b8f2103.gif

Grace couldn't stop the amused grin on her face at Sawyer's attitude towards Evie. Clearly Evie was doing it on purpose and maybe Grace should say or do something to help ease them into a friendship or something like that. But that was so much work at this point. "Yes, see. It's my thing." Was it though? The blonde always enjoyed cheer, but it felt more forced throughout these last few years. There was so much stress with being cheer captain, practices, and competitions. Maybe it was better off she wasn't cheer captain anymore?

Less stress, less work.

Whatever spot she had on the team, it was hard not to let Sawyer's words get to her. Was it really Grace's thing? And if it wasn't, well, what else did she have? She had another year to figure it out. But it was still scary to think she wouldn't have an idea of what to do by then.

"Ignore her, you're allowed to hang out with us if you feel... left out or something at the dance." Evie didn't really know anyone at the school besides the two, and whether this was... a date or not. She wanted the girl to have a good time tonight. Even if that meant putting up with their arguments. Although, Grace wasn't really saying no to the idea of making this a date-- but she wasn't saying yes either.

She was okay with being just friends.

Thankfully, her and Keisha texted a few weeks ago. So there was no confusion on where they stood. Especially since she moved away, that made things easier. While Keisha was sweet... they weren't meant for each other. And that was okay, it didn't really bother Grace. Everyone had their one person and Keisha didn't find that yet. Grace might've though. She was almost positive.
--
After they arrived, the trio stood outside of the hotel.

"Okay, so while you're in there. Make sure you stay somewhere--" Evie walked past her and Grace didn't even feel like trying to catch up with her. That girl was as stubborn as almost anyone she has ever met, and that's not counting Sawyer because she was the queen of stubborn. "... where we can see you. But alright, that's okay too." She grinned over at Sawyer and slowed her pace, lingering before the two walked into the dance. "I think it's stupid that they nominated me for homecoming queen." Was it weird she didn't want to win? Even if she did, wouldn't it just be out of pity?

"Remember when we won last year?" There was a lot of memories surrounding homecoming. Grace hadn't expected they would be here last year, while she... expected it. Grace knew they would be together, but she didn't think they wouldn't be... together, together. ... if that made any sense, although, if Grace was being honest, there was nothing about these last few weeks that even remotely made sense.

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Evie
tumblr_inline_obkagjr3Pf1u0tvtz_400.gifv

The brunette threw a death glare into the side-mirror before it faded. "Whatever. I look hot, thank you very much. I know I look better than you. You're lucky the only person you're trying to impress is Grace." No, Evie didn't try to hold anything back. This is exactly why she wasn't that excited for tonight. Because of Satan's daughter herself, Sawyer. She never really understood what Grace ever saw in her. Or... vice versa. But that's okay, that just meant she didn't swing that way. Phew. She couldn't handle that confusion. No thank you. "Okay, so listen to me. When we get there, I don't know you." Evie leaned out of her seat and onto the dash, completely ignoring Grace as she focused on Sawyer.

"Okay, what about me? What if someone asks me who's the girl I brought?" Grace asked, it was clear she was trying to fight a smile and the sight of it made Evie roll her eyes. She was being completely serious. She didn't want these two disasters messing up tonight. While she was grateful, they can leave her alone. No dancing, no weird fruit punches, and no eye contact from either of them. "I'm your cousin." Why was Evie okay with knowing Grace and not Sawyer,

well, that was pretty simple to figure it out and she's not gonna break it down.

Sawyer was... Sawyer.

Finally, they arrived and Evie took off. Despite Grace trying to get her to listen to some weird rules or conditions there had to be. She didn't wanna hear all that.

This place was super fancy.

Like, super super. Once Evie walked in though, she kind of froze. There was all these people dancing, laughing, talking, and... she didn't really know where to start. And she wasn't sure she even wanted to if she's being honest. She didn't belong here and it was only a matter of time they hunted her down like sharks who smelled fresh blood.

So, Evie went to the safest place possible.

The snack table.

@NotOpenDontTouch​

xLX2wAR.gif

Jacqueline Dupont

The smile could not have been wiped from Jackie's face even if she had tried. Greyson actually liked her gift. No, he loved it. A flush of relief rolled over the brunette. Her story about how she acquired the cuff links left out a few details, like how she had pretty much had a panic attack in the artist's hole-in-the-wall shop over picking something for him. The gift couldn't have been too fancy since it was only homecoming but Jackie wasn't about to get him something stupid like chocolates or some silly stuffed bear. She had always thought cuff links were a bad gift, especially for someone young and even despite the artist's haggling, Jackie had almost walked away empty handed in search of a stupid teddy bear. But as she watched Greyson slide them on with a grin on his face, she was sure glad she didn't.

"I'm glad you love them. And I know I didn't have to get you anything, I wanted to!" Jackie explained with a shake of her head and a chuckle. "And you didn't have to get me anything either, nor anything fancy. The rose is beautiful."

Jackie paused to look at Greyson. He definitely knew something was up. Something about the way he was looking at her was different than the way he had looked at her before. Jackie wondered how long it would be until her cover was blown and the truth came out, sending her entire night into a downward spiral with no chance of recovery. When he had asked her if she was really okay, Jackie wanted to tell him. She was not taking any pleasure in lying to him or having to keep her guard up. But Jackie simply couldn't take what her mind was telling her was going to happen when the truth came out.

"I'm good," Jackie reassured, trying to force that smile back onto her face. "Let's go have a great time."

Jackie almost had promised that she was okay but even though she had become an expert at discarding and masking her own feelings, she knew that she could never lie to Greyson. It simply wouldn't be possible.

~ ~ ~

As the pair walked inside, Jackie's jaw practically dropped.

"This place is so beautiful!" Jackie giggled, taking in the glistening lights and fancy wallpaper. Wallpaper, really? That's what she was impressed by? Jackie had never been to a place so fancy in her entire life. Her mind was drawn back to her outfit as she looked at the girls around her. And then she looked over at Greyson who was simply standing there beside her, outshining the whole damn place and every person in it. If she had felt under-dressed before, it was absolutely nothing to how she felt in that moment.

She had been caught off guard at his question about dancing. Greyson didn't seem like the type that would want to dance and to be fair, Jackie really wasn't either. She simply wasn't good at dancing and her Just Dance score from her duel with Ash could prove that. But as the song switched from upbeat to slower and more rhythmic, Jackie felt a little more at home. She definitely couldn't get down like other teenagers but after years of fancy military galas, Jackie had gotten really good at the art of the slow dance.

Jackie looped her arm through Greyson's and began leading him to the dance floor. "Tell you what. I'll lead and your popularity and reputation will be firmly intact, I promise."

On the dance floor, Jackie positioned herself in front of Greyson, placing her right hand on his waist and guiding his left hand to her shoulder, taking his spare hand in hers. After a few moments of awkward swaying to get used to the music and each other, Jackie fully allowed herself to get swept away by the dance. "You're not bad at all, Grey." Jackie complimented. As the two got more comfortable, Jackie moved herself ever so slightly closer, dropping Greyson's hands and wrapping both arms around his waist, hugging him closer. Jackie made sure to leave some space between them, even though she really didn't want to, in case he was uncomfortable.

Jackie looked up at Greyson and that stupid thudding began in her chest again, the hollow pit in her abdomen filling with a fluttering feeling. The moment of bliss didn't last long as a pang of guilt shot through her chest as she looked him in the eyes. With a sigh, Jackie moved away from him into the more stiff position they had been in at the beginning of the dance.

"You know, don't you? About what Wolves said online about me living in my car. You know." Jackie stammered, dropping her gaze to some spot past Greyson's shoulder. She couldn't do it, she couldn't lie to him. It was coming, the moment she had been dreading. She finally resigned, and gave up the facade, her lungs squeezing shut behind her breastbone. What would come next? A taunt? A laugh? A yell? Nothing? The logical part of Jackie knew that even if Greyson didn't want to be seen around a girl who lived in her rusty bucket of nuts and bolts that he would never be cruel. She simply had to brace herself for the hurt that she was certain would come. Good things never lasted in Jackie's world, so why would someone so perfect as Greyson ever stay?

| Greyson Soap Soap |

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f50474d4e6a7377577864375855413d3d2d3739363834393230382e313564313532323635326431663435323439303536353330363531382e676966

Isabelle Dupont

Bella couldn't help the blush that warmed her cheeks at Brayden's compliments or the soft laugh that escaped her glossed lips as the taller boy twirled her around once, the skirt of her dress fluttering elegantly with the motion. When Bella's feet anchored her to the ground after the spin, Bella's hand instinctively sought Brayden's arm for support. Standing in front of the taller boy, Bella looked up into his eyes for a few moments, smiling warmly. She was so happy to be at the dance but the night would have been nothing if it wasn't for Brayden being there.

"I'm glad you made it too, handsome. Who would've thought that we'd be here together when we met on those bleachers?" Bella asked, though she seemed to be asking herself more than her date. She'd never been taken to a dance like homecoming before since her entire time in high school had been spent with Victor, who would have never gone with her or would never have been allowed in since he had already graduated. But there, under all of those overpriced crystal chandeliers in a beautiful room with an amazing date... Well, Bella could have never anticipated ever being that happy with anyone.

Before answering his question about what to do next, Bella took a look around the room. The place was starting to fill out with students all dressed in suits and dresses, many clinging on to the arm of a loved one while the others floated in in groups of friends. Bella was beginning just how big the student population of Westbrook High was, despite the town itself not being super big. She began to wonder just how the school was able to get such a fancy place for so many bodies.

"Let's go dance before everyone gets drunk and really stupid." Bella giggled, taking Brayden's hand and leading him to the dance floor. Bella had always loved to dance and she was not going to be held accountable for what she would do if some creepy drunk teenage boy tried to dance up on her. So perhaps her reason for dancing had been a half truth. She wanted to dance, not because of her dislike of intoxicated teenagers but because she didn't want to let go of Brayden just yet.

| Brayden Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler |​

Kate
original.gif

There was no doubt Kate was going to sign up as a chaperone tonight, especially the whole impromptu dress shopping with Grace earlier today. But she couldn't exactly say no... as much as she wanted to. Her doctor said it was best to try and get her back to some familiar things. And school was something familiar enough, friends had to help her adjust back into society. Four months was a long time and nothing was going to be back to normal overnight. Kate just hoped Grace knew that, but she wasn't going to be the one to tell her that. These last few weeks have been easier on her.

Way easier.

The bags under her eyes subsided a bit. She looked... rested at the least. And a part of that was, believe it or not, because of Sawyer. She wasn't a big fan of the girl, no, but she helped a lot. Kate had time to get back to work, focus on things at home, pay attention to Grace... all while working on the case. Despite her daughter's pleas, not much of that mattered, It was Ash's fault Grace was where she was now. She would've been thriving if it wasn't for her. Well, if it wasn't for the Wests. Kate wasn't going to place all the blame on a teenager. Her parents had a big part in that too. "Steve." Kate greeted as she walked up to the table. No, she wasn't going to be hostile with him. After all, the kids wasn't even living with him anyway.

And it might've been because she always had a soft spot for her own high school sweetheart. Many memories came up from the West, especially at homecoming all those years ago. But it wasn't just that. Kate knew it wasn't all Steve's fault. She was just looking for someone to blame for the whole ordeal. Kate just didn't know who at this point.

Winona Winona

Greyson
955d7963652a13fca2b8111d603469cb2391949f.gif

Most of Greyson's fear faded as Jackie took matters into her own hands, deciding to take the lead. While he was still worried that he would step on her feet, or something incredibly cliche and absurd. It was easy to let all that go. Allowing Jackie to guide him however she pleased with a slight smile on his face. Forget whatever he said. This was easy. It was so simple to focus on her. Her eyes, her smile, no one had ever made Greyson feel... worth it. Like someone actually wanted his attention. Believed in him. "Oh, why thank you. Madame, Monsieur." Learning a different language for a girl? Cheesy. But what's was wrong with cheesy if it was with Jackie? She glanced up at him, and he looked into her incredibly gorgeous eyes. And right there, that small moment. Man, Greyson was practically walking on clouds.

And then something changed, and Greyson knew Jackie wasn't herself. His smile quickly faded and he was quick to try and gain her attention. But no smile mattered here. Yeah, he knew all about Wolves, but Jackie said it wasn't true. So he wasn't going to push on it, especially not on a first date. Although, Wolves never lied. Yeah. They were a terrible person. Exposing everyone's secrets, making rude comments, and their whole agenda was morally wrong. But they never lied. And whether or not Jackie did, that wasn't something he would ever hold against her. Everyone had their reasons.

Even Wolves.

It took Greyson a few seconds to come up with the words, but he didn't want to wait any longer and make her think the worst. "Listen. If it's just a silly little lie. It's not that big of a deal." He started off, because rumors weren't a thing Greyson cared about. Gossip, lies, and all of that weren't even a thing to him in his book. High school was intent on hurting people-- not that he was targeted, but Jackie was. And that was enough for him to open his eyes about it all. "And... If it's true. We can figure something out to get you safe."

Because that's all that really mattered. Who cared where someone came from? Where they lived, or who they were seen as. It only mattered who they were, Jackie was an amazing person. And that's only from a short time of knowing her. "I don't care if you're a rich princess, or if your bedroom is in a sewer. Or a some kind of hobo. You're the most beautiful hobo I've ever seen." Okay, so this wasn't going as well as it sounded in his head. But it was true. "I-I didn't mean all that..." No! Of course, he did. Just not in those words exactly.

"You know what actually, I lied. Okay? I did. I think you're the most sweetest, gorgeous, funniest, and smartest girl I ever met. Once I make up my mind about something-- or someone. It's... pretty hard to change my views on it. So, you can try if you want to. Hit me with your best shot, but living in your car, or lying, or literally any bad thing in the world is never going to change that. Because you're you. And I really, really like you."

geminiy geminiy

Last edited:
best.jpg
Ronnie "Blue Nile" Kane

“They just wanted us to finish school here. That’s as boring as it gets.”

Real truth or make up lies, Ronnie Kane knew exactly what she meant. It was always they. She might’ve not said it with her vocals, but her actions said it in the finest line. Accelerator pushing for the future and shady smoking beneath the star-crossed sky, Ronnie could’ve mistaken her for screwing open a flask, but he knew the sound of any flask opening. The metal, the squeaky squelching...

Was it boring or painful, he wanted to ask.

There was always a reason to take a good damning sip of any stinging alcohol, to let it sit tight in your throat. Left-brained, he too, was sick of falling asleep foaming at the mouth, twisting in relentless sleep, waiting and waiting to watch the metal of his cuffs drip liquid down the drain.

He knew that life.

“RonRon?” Ronnie leered at her with a guising grin covering his revelation, “What makes you think that name is going to stick?”

He would’ve done the courtesy of opening her door, but that was for relevant men with good intentions. He had none and would disappear in vague memories the next morning. Just as he should. Putting out his joint on the ground with a crushing foot atop it, he waited for her in the dusk of darkness, back turned to his car.

“Taken away by me, Hazel Johannes?” Ronnie one-lined, when he felt her beside him, “Don’t worry, I’m just getting started.”

Staged parties were just layers of blood paper-mache. It didn’t matter that there were pillars of marbles, tuxted servers, and valentine lighting. So deeply fooled were these people to think there was a party tonight, to think that everyone was actually heart-be-high happy. If they waited till the music faded away, the tables cleared, and the lights turned off...

He really fucked up tonight. Messed up. But, the more, the better.

“The New York girl must be wanting to do something tonight. Dance, drink?” His eyes velveted over the party around him before returning back to Hazel.

WeirdPrincess WeirdPrincess

Steve

Elise had yet to return with the bowl of clean punch when Kate approached him. It was no secret to him that Kate and Elise despised each other, and he was more than a little sure that the biggest part of Kate's ridiculous case against Ashton was some sort of... evil, underhanded way to get back at his ex-wife. And that was fine. Elise was a soulless bitch. But why did she have to drag his daughter into this? His favorite child -- sorry, Jason. But Jason had always been closer to Elise, while Ashton had been close with him. She actually watched sports with him, something that his son had hated since he was a young child.

And of course he remembered high school -- Kate had been his first love. Their first kiss, their first slow dance, had been at their own junior Homecoming which felt like a lifetime ago. Long before he had gone to college, and met Elise, and ended up being surprised with her pregnancy. It wasn't... he had loved Elise at one point -- he really, truly had.

"Kate."

He returned the stoic greeting and right now? Right now he was glad for the table between the two of them -- because part of Steve wanted to slap Kate for what she was putting his daughter through. Of course he had felt for poor Grace, but... it wasn't his daughter's fault. And even so, Ashton was a child. She had enough going on in her life.

"Elise didn't tell me that you would be chaperoning, as well." If she had, there was a good chance that Steve wouldn't even be here. He glanced down at Kate's dress, and then his blue-eyed gaze moved back up to her face. "You look really nice tonight."

Soap Soap

Sawyer
Maybe it was mean but Sawyer was glad when Evie left them in the dust. Evie reminded her too much of herself and that was not a very good mesh. The kid was alright they just weren't the most compatible. Sawyer didn't understand why Grace had become so attached to her. It didn't matter though, Sawyer had done what Grace asked and brought her here. She'd just have to chalk it up to Grace having a heart bigger than Sawyer's. A little too big when it came to annoying kids. But, while she'd never say it out loud, Sawyer had to admit to being a little worried about Evie as she wandered off by herself. Hell, she didn't even know what was wrong with the kid. For all she knew Evie could like....explode or something. Sawyer really hoped she didn't explode. Or have some kind of seizure or something. That would be bad. Like really, really bad. Sawyer suddenly found herself getting a little antsy as they walked in. What if they had to like rush her back to the hospital? They'd get in like major trouble. Evie could die or something and...

Grace's voice pulled her out of her panicked worries and suddenly they were all gone. Evie would be fine. She could take care of herself. Sawyer had more important things to focus on. Like reminiscing apparently. She didn't necessarily feel like thinking about that. They were good memories but it was kind of like stabbing herself in the eye over and over again because all they were were memories and Sawyer didn't know if she'd get the chance to make new ones like that again. But, she didn't want to leave Grace hanging so she'd reminisce if she had to. Anything to keep Grace's attention for as long as possible. Maybe she was being kind of clingy but god, could you blame her? She'd effectively lost her for three months and now she didn't want to let her out of her sight. Maybe that was a little extreme, but she could care less. But back to the matter at hand.

"Yeah, of course I remember. How could I forget?" Sawyer chuckled fondly, "Good times." She spun around taking in the sights of the party going on around them. The place was already in full swing and Sawyer couldn't help but shake her head a little. This was her last homecoming. Jesus, that sounded like she was some kind of sentimental shit. But even she had to admit it sucked a little. In the stress of the last few months Sawyer had almost forgotten she was a Senior. It was a sudden onslaught of fear.

"Jeez, I feel a tear coming on." Sawyer laughed, trying to push back those emotions that had come out of nowhere, "This is my last homecoming you know?" She looked down and smoothed and the red jacket of her tux and frowned at the overly frilly on theme shirt beneath it.

"The last hoe down." Sawyer laughed again, "I sound like a baby. Do you think they'll remember me? Maybe they'll put my picture on the wall above the trophy case with Gina Peters'. Retire my number and the works." A half hearted laugh. Gina Peters was a stud on the basketball team back in the day, went on to play at college and then the women's professional league. There was no way she was gonna get a picture up there.

Soap Soap

Chase

tumblr_o29bqdYNkP1v31ppjo1_250.gif

"Well, thanks. This is probably the only occasion I'll have to get dressed up for for a while so I figured I'd go all out." He joked, he really hadn't tried that much, he'd just pulled out his good suit that he'd worn to homecoming last year and re-worn it.

"So, after they name you homecoming king are you gonna be too cool to talk to me?" Chase joked, though honestly he worried that one day Noah would realize that it was kind of lame for the college freshmen to be hanging around someone still in college. Sure, he'd made a few friends in classes but none of them were as easy to get along with as Noah. He was going to have to get sued to his other friends though, this was Noah's last year of high school and he was sure he had better things to do than hangout with him.

mogy mogy

Ryder

tumblr_inline_pp0x6h9B5Y1vu3o2l_1280.gif

"Well, luckily for you, I am your date for tonight, so you're stuck with me." Ryder responded, squeezing her hand gently as he looked down at her. There was nothing that could ruin tonight, he was celebrating his senior year with his beautiful girlfriend by his side and making up for the lost time they'd missed. This was the happiest he'd seen Ash since he'd returned to Westbrook and he intended to keep her that way.

"I promise, I'm not leaving your side anytime soon." He gently placed his hand on the side of her face, looking deep into her eyes before placing a kiss on her forehead. He didn't just mean that he wouldn't be leaving her tonight, now that they were back together Ryder wasn't leaving her, ever. College was just around the corner and he still had no idea what he wanted to do, but he would go wherever Ash went.

"Yeah. I like your friends. And Alaska seems...better with Ian. I promised my mom we would take a picture with the four of us before the dance was over." He rolled his eyes, not like his mother really cared anyways. She just wanted to show off to her country club friends.

Then, a familiar face was tapping Ash on the shoulder and Ryder quickly remembered Sebastian from the lock-in last weekend. He'd seemed friendly enough then, and Ash had good taste in friends. Well, besides Kanen.

"Hey man, how's it going?" Ryder reached out to shake his hand, because any friend of Ash's was a friend of his. Besides, Ryder could use a new friend or two.

Winona Winona 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

Alaska

DeepFearfulKakarikis-small.gif

"Hi." Alaska beamed as Ian got into her car, more excited for this homecoming than any other one she'd been to before. He looked very handsome in his suit and Alaska couldn't believe that someone as amazing as Ian wanted to take her of all people to homecoming. Of course, they were just going as friends and because they were paired up together, obviously, but still. Most other guys wouldn't have asked her in a million years, even as friends. Drake had been her only homecoming date ever, and now he had Maisie.

A bright blush covered her cheeks by the time they arrived at the hotel, even if they were just friends holding hands made her insides feel all....fuzzy. She hadn't felt this way around someone since Raven...or Jaimie...but she wouldn't let her mistakes of the past get her down tonight. This was her senior homecoming and she was going to make the most of it.

"Thanks, you look great too." Alaska returned the compliment shyly, she wasn't used to getting compliments, especially not from nice boys like Ian. For once, the Vaughn girl felt...normal. Like any other teenage girl at their homecoming dance. She could forget about all of the fuck ups of her past, the drama of last year and all of her failed relationships, the real reason she'd moved to New York. Ian made her feel normal, happy even. She appreciated every moment she spent with him.

Before they could really do much, Ian was approaching one of his friends, Tatum if she remembered correctly. Ian looked angry, something she'd never seen from him before, just as she spotted the blonde putting a flask back into her purse. Alaska felt awkward, as if she was intruding on a conversation she wasn't meant to hear, awkwardly playing with her hands as she waited to see how this would play out.

PenguinFox PenguinFox Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

xLX2wAR.gif

Jacqueline Dupont

Jackie had never been skilled at the whole opening up about her emotions things. In fact, there was nothing that terrified her more than letting down that carefully built wall that guarded her deepest thoughts and feelings from the prying hands that threatened to break her. Rarely did she ever have the want or luxury to let that wall down, so infrequently that Jackie had simply assumed that closing herself off was the only way life would ever be. But that was before she met Greyson, before she met the first person in her entire life that she truly wanted to open up to. Although they hadn't really known each other for a long time, Jackie felt like they had been friends forever, like Greyson was always there by her side with that kind smile and those reassuring words. He was, perhaps, the first person that unconditionally and truly wanted to know Jackie for who she was, flaws and all.

"It's true." Jackie managed to croak out as she clenched her trembling hands into fists in hopes to stop the incessant quivering. "The day that Ash and Stu got into the fight and Noah broke his leg, I ended up in the middle of it all. I was late coming home from the hospital since I went with Noah and Bella ended up talking to our mother about it. I got home, we started fighting."

Jackie took a deep breath. She wasn't entirely sure if the words coming out of her mouth made sense. It was the first time that she had ever explained the scenario out loud to someone else. "Ever since my dad passed away, I've been in charge and mom hates it. Bella's life went downhill and I was the one who could get her out of there, not mom. I was the one who kept the three of us together, who kept mom from drinking herself to death after we moved. No matter what I did though, somehow everything was always my fault. So when Bella told her about what had happened, I guess mom thought it was my fault for staying after school with Bella for her cheer tryout, my fault that the fight broke out, my fault that poor Noah got hurt."

Another shaky breath struggled into Jackie's chest. She needed to stop ranting. "Well, we got into this massive argument. She said..." Jackie paused, blinking quickly to keep the tears out of her eyes. Slowly, Jackie mustered up the courage to look Greyson in the eyes again. "She said that my dad would be disappointed in me, that I was disgracing his name. So I packed my stuff and left. I've been living in my car ever since. I've got this job down at the pier at this boat rental place. The work is hard, the pay is horrible but it keeps food in my stomach and gas in the tank."

It felt as if time had stopped as Jackie explained what happened. She had never spoken about any of it to anyone. The words tasted bitter on her tongue, sharp like thorns. Even though talking about the whole situation hurt, a weight that had been crushing her entire body seemed to lift slightly. And Greyson's next words only helped to soothe her. No one had ever called her gorgeous or sweet or funny, those compliments were usually reserved for her younger sister. They sounded so foreign in her ears that part of Jackie wanted to ask him to stop lying, to simply tell the truth. But something about the way he spoke, the way he looked at her... It all seemed so real.

"I'm sorry I lied to you." Jackie attempted to apologize, the confidence in her voice coming back to her. "I just- I just couldn't deal with disappointing you. I don't know what I was thinking was going to happen if I told you but whatever it was, it wasn't good. You deserve to be happy, Grey, to have so many amazing things come your way. I've never met a more amazing person in my life, no one that deserves the best more than you. So I guess I was just trying to make you happy because that's what you deserve. I want you to be happy because I really, really like you too."

There was that feeling again. Security, comfort, happiness. Home.

Jackie wasn't entirely sure of what to do next, only what she wanted to do. Although Jackie despised nothing more than to act with her heart over her mind, she felt that maybe it was time to let that wall down. Jackie stood up onto the front of her feet to become level with Greyson and draped her arms gently over his shoulders, her fingers interlocking behind his neck. And then Jackie did something that she never imagined she would ever do. Jackie gently pulled Greyson closer and her lips softly met his.

| Greyson Soap Soap |​

Elise
source.gif

When she returned to the dance with one of the hotel staff in tow, pushing a small cart with the large, clean punch bowl on top, Elise was surprised to find that the dance had filled up quite a bit. Most of the students had arrived, and her gaze shifted across the kids, counting and picking out students that she recognized. Everyone that was important was here -- the Homecoming Court, and Stu, who would be announcing this year's King and Queen. Perfect. Everything was going just as expected.

"Over there." Elise directed the staff, pointing towards the table where Steve was still standing with... Kate. Disgusting. She really hadn't wanted the other woman there as a chaperone, but what was Elise supposed to say? No? It would have looked bad, plus Grace was here and if the girl collapsed, the last thing Elise needed was for Kate to place blame on her or -- heaven forbid -- Ash again. So at least if the girl did die, her mother would be here to deal with it.

Elise pushed a strand of copper hair out of her face, and then headed over to the stage. She walked up the steps, taking the microphone and facing the students. "I hope everyone is having a fantastic evening." She spoke, her voice echoing throughout the room as the music died down. But not a lot of the students turned to look at her. It was fine. They weren't here to listen to their principal speak -- they were here to have a good time, and... do whatever it was that children did at these events.

"I'm sure you all noticed the step-up of this year's Homecoming venue. Well I decided to donate some of my money towards the Homecoming fund this year to set up this beautiful dance for everyone."

No one really did anything to acknowledge what she had done, which required a couple deep breaths from Elise to keep her calm. Well, why would she expect the students to care? It was really their parents that would be impressed by this -- and it was their parents that she was trying to win over. Elise needed them to have faith in the school system again.

"Without further ado, I would like to invite our very own mascot, Stuart French, up to announce the Homecoming King and Queen."

Elise placed the microphone back and waited for Stu to come up, before she handed him the envelope with the winners, and then headed off back down the stage.

Dede Dede

Ash
tumblr_pgta0bjmlI1uz78qho6_250.gif

Oh yeah, it felt like her chest might burst with the happiness that she felt right now. Ash truly believed that there was nothing that could happen right now that could kill this feeling of belonging, and safety, and warmth that she felt being her with Ryder. There was still a small hint of worry, and doubt, that she was trying to forget. Ash's dream had always been to get out of Westbrook -- but now... she just wanted to be with Ryder. Even if it meant staying here, in this little town, forever.

Because, yeah, when he touched her, or kissed her, or even when she saw him... it was hard to put into words exactly what she felt, but Ash knew -- or was like, really positive -- that she would never feel this same way with anyone else.

"Fine. I will do one picture for your mother." It was sweet that Viola actually wanted a picture of all the kids. She was sure that her father would want one, too, but she hadn't really had a chance to talk with him since... like... the whole period of time that she had disappeared. Something that her mother had never told her father, and Ash wasn't going to tell her father that she had run away for a few days, either. He was already stressed out with the lawsuit.

God, Ash was a burden.

A tap on the shoulder pulled Ash out of her conflicting thoughts and she turned to see who it was, her eyes lighting up when she saw Sebastian. "Hey," she said, greeting him with a quick hug, and a laugh when he called her majesty. "Please, just Ash is fine. For now." She said with a little smile. There was no way that her or Ryder would win, but it was nice to at least be on the Court. Especially with her boyfriend.

"I was hoping you'd still come. Who did you come with?" Ash did feel bad about the whole... leaving Sebastian on his own thing. And they hadn't been hanging out as much the last couple weeks. Ash hadn't really been hanging out with any of her old friends lately, actually. She was always busy -- with Ryder, with Grace, with cheerleading. Sometimes it felt like Ash had lived two different lives, and now they were colliding, and she didn't have enough time for both.

0k_mang0 0k_mang0 a z u l a a z u l a

[div class=container][div class=image][/div] [div class=blk][div class=title]Jasmine Hayes [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]Guitar player[/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll] She had no idea what had compelled her to go into a McDonald's in a stark white dress, but here she stood in line waiting to order herself a burger and fries that were overly coated with salt. She should have brought some clothes as a backup, though she hadn't expected to leave the dance. She figured she was gonna be there until it ended or at the very least, leave a little early and drive straight home. She would have went into the drive through if the line wasn't so long. It was always a pain to have to wait, even if she didn't have anywhere else to be besides home, she definitely wasn't going to wait in that atrocious line of cars. Taking a look outside she saw that it had died some, but not by much. Though she really should have been taking a look at the menu because while she did want a burger, they had so many options and didn't know which one to choose from. Or maybe the nuggets, that kind of sounded good too. If the ice cream machine wasn't broken, since it usually was no matter what McDonald's she went to, she would get one of those.

A brow raised at the sound of a voice next to her, Jasmines eyes darting over to the tall stranger. Tiana? As in the Disney princess? She figured her dress would have had to be green to even be compared to her, though she couldn't say she didn't mind the comparison. It was her favorite princess after all. Though she figured she looked more like a runaway bride from a wedding gone wrong than a Disney princess. Jasmine stared at his extended hand for a moment with a raised brow before looking over at back at the menu, "Jasmine. Do you usually introduce yourself to random strangers in a McDonald's or did I just get lucky?" This definitely wasn't luck, it was more of an inconvenience. She just wanted to get her food and go home, but it seemed like that wouldn't be happening any time see. She still had zero idea what she wanted to order and this guy was only prolonging her indecisiveness.

Jasmine figured what he was saying was a joke, but she was definitely over dressed to be hanging around a fast food place. It's not everyday you saw someone in a fancy looking dress waltz in here to order something to eat. Unless it was, then that was kind of odd. Though she had no say in what people did with there lives or what they wore. "Can't say it's what people usually wear, but it's what I decided to come in."
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats] Mood: Hungry | mentions: @finessekid.23 | interaction: Dell
location: Mcdonald's | outfit[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c]code by: undine[/div] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=container]height: 340px; max-width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #BB90a7 [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 33%; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/a723b7cea5c0706e7fc2a245fa2a00fa/f99f3f10885297f5-d1/s1280x1920/92af67f28616197c2b6157851e18055cf5684733.jpg); background-size: 165%; background-position: 55% 30% [/class] [class=blk]height: 100%; width: 65%; left: 35%; position: relative; top: -200px [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: -120px; left: 0px; max-width: 235px; width: 100%; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; color: #ECDFE6 [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #8E5774 [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #D8C0CC; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 240px; top: -175px; height: 20%; width: 20%; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #8E5774 [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background: #D2B5C4; background-size: 100%; background-position: 60% 55% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 0px; top: -165px; height: 245px; max-width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 190px; width: 101%; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; max-width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #D2B5C4; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #DF9FBF [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #E1A59D [/class] [class=bla]background: #9E6182 [/class] [class=ble]background: #BF4080 [/class] [class=blo]background: #91372C [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: white [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

uhm.gif
Red

It had been a few magnitudes of moments since Red breathily accorded to a dance with Bella. Describing the last he saw of her, stopping short at the height of Brayden with a flourishing smile touched with renaissance and a tangible reflection of that expression gleaming on Brayden, Red washed away into the intricate golden lawlessness of the party. He re-lived his embarrassment.

"Eifel so stupid," his thoughts snorted in a joke.

Not cool, Red. She probably thought he was weird. Not that he wasn’t weird, but still.

“I promise there is this gray area in my eye right now because it’s super bright, but dark too,” Red apologized with an indescribable jittery feeling when he accidentally shrugged past a couple holding hands.

Was walking into a wall next?

In an intervening maze of carousing couples on the dance floor, overhanging chandeliers, and a dispersing message of the principal sounding his ears, Red Donovan escaped to the snack table. Here, there was no one, aside from two adults and a girl. The burly man seemed to have been in a deep-set conversation with the woman in front of him. About what, who knew?

“Sir-” Red inaudibly murmured, “Mr.-” But, why was he bothering them?

Picking up a glass, he poured himself some fruit punch.

Soap Soap

Westbrook Wolf

Yhi1Uuo.jpg

ATTENTION CITIZENS OF WESTBROOK!!! AN ENGLISH GREY WOLF HAS--- Oh, whatever. You know the rest.

After Elise gave her boring little self-congratulatory speech, the Westbrook Wolf climbed onto the stage and spilled out into the limelight in a small, awkward dance. Hey, you could get a great panoramic view of the state-of-the-art observation deck from up here. In the middle above the crowd was a crystal chandelier, reminding him of a certain boy’s locker. This hotel was the embodiment of posh. Suppose you could say the only thing posher than the hotel was the Wolf himself.

He edged up toward the microphone, which squealed as it touched his snout.

‘Testing, four, five, six—’

What happened to one, two, three? Who knew?

The Wolf cleared its throat, sounding raspier than normal like he was choking on a hairball. He had to pause to remind himself he was a wolf, not a cat, before proceeding:

‘Well, hullo—’

Oh right. The howl. Do the howl.

‘— I mean, awooooooouuuuuuuu.’

He offered the disinterested crowd a wave of his giant paw, before reaching, in his usual manner, into his pocket for a KitKat. Then, without warning, he hurled said KitKat right into Noah’s face, who was standing close to the stage. SMACK!

Woops?

Taped to the back of his furry costume was an envelope, which he now reached for and pulled out as if out of thin air. What a great magician!

The Wolf cleared his throat again, giving the envelope a dramatic flick before spending the next minute or so struggling to open it with his paws.

‘Ahem— And the Homecoming King and Queen for this year are…’

Silence.

The Wolf looked left and right. His body slumped. Hello?! Where was the hype, please? Wasn’t this supposed to be the biggest announcement of the night? How come half the audience were chatting among themselves, and the other half still had their back turned to the stage? Oh, my, my… can you imagine… The utter disrespect!

‘Oi! You silly hoomans listening or what?’ the Wolf cried passionately. ‘Cos I ent gonna say them names twice, you hear?’ He blew as hard as he could into the microphone, like the big bad wolf sending the three little pigs packing. A terrific noise overwhelmed the room, so if he didn't before, he surely got everyone’s attention now. ‘So listen up! Or else, pray, I’ll come down there myself and clobber all of you to death — Every last one of you, I swear it!’

@ Everyone

Last edited:
tumblr_pczx3a4jU71qcb516o2_400.gif
sebastian
Ash Winona Winona , Ryder a z u l a a z u l a , Stu Dede Dede

Seb accepted Ryder’s friendly handshake. “I’m doing good, man. Congrats on winning the game.”

Honestly, he didn’t think Ryder was a bad guy despite the gossips of him being punchy. He wasn’t a semi-sociopathic jerk like a certain ex-school enforcer, and he made Ash happy. Since Ryder and Ash started dating again, things felt kind of different at school recently. In a good way, because Seb got to see his friend genuinely smile more, not the forced one often used for the sake of hiding something wrong in her life.

After the hug greeting, he could sense Ash’s pity from her question, which almost made him sigh. “Well, Brayden drove me here before he had to go meet his date,” he answered. “Really, Ash, I don’t mind. I’m just here to support my friends in the court thing, and there’s, like, maybe seventy-five percent chance one of you will get the crown. Also, I look surprisingly dope in a suit and bow tie.”

The annoyed wolf blowing in the microphone made the speakers discharge a sort of loud rumbled feedback. It made Seb and maybe a few other students slightly flinched. And the mascot's ranting certainly caught most of their attention now, though. Yeesh, who stepped on his tail this morning?

giphy.gif

Ian carefully reached out and Alaska's hand in his own. First only interlocking their pinkies but once he was confident she was okay with this gesture he fully took her hand. He walked into the room with her, the widest possible grin remaining on his face. He took a few glances over at her but every time he had to look away again out of embarrassment, He as positive he was bright red at the moment. Being with Alaska had that effect on him more and more.

The smile faded as Ian looked around the room and his eyes caught Tatum, flask in her hands. Really? She wasn't even trying to hide the fact that she was drinking? At least Ash disguised it; and admitted to having a problem! But here Tatum was walking around like she was fine even though she was a teenager with a flask! His eyes narrowed at her as she approached. He had a tiny bit of hope that she was coming over to finally admit she needed help, but of course that wasn't the case.

It was very difficult to piss Ian Evans off, but in his defense it had been a rough week and he was frustrated with the blonde who didn't seem to respond to any kind of help. So yes, he was mildly pissed at her to begin with, but what came out of her mouth set him off. His hand slowly released Alaska's. He took a step towards Tatum before turning back to his date. "I'm sorry, excuse me a minute." he felt really bad for Alaska and hated ditching her for any period of time, but he definitely wasn't going to do this in front of her. This had nothing to do with her and it wasn't her issue, she didn't need to witness it. Nor did Ian really want her to see this frankly rare side of him. He was barely confident that she liked him at all, but she definitely wouldn't if she thought he was a hothead right?

Ian took Tatum's hand. "We're talking a walk." It was a firm statement, and very much not a suggestion. The kind you didn't argue with. The kind that was really more of a command. His teeth gritted. He only had to hold it in for a few more moments. Ian dragged Tatum outside into the hallway and then down a ways. This was between them and them only. He turned on her, eyes still narrowed, gaze cold as ice. "Seriously, what the fuck?!" he hissed. "It's not what I think?! So you're really trying to lie to my face and tell me that wasn't a flask? Or that it wasn't alcohol in the flask? How dumb do you think I am? I didn't sustain any brain damage in my crash if that's what you're thinking." he ran both his hands through his hair in frustration. "It'd be one thing if you admitted you had a fucking problem, but you're not! You keep denying it at every turn. Then you snap at me when I try to help. You. Are. An. Alcoholic. You brought a damn flask to homecoming. You still don't think you have a problem?" as Ian spoke his tone gradually raised until he was almost shouting.

A small moment was taken to calm himself down. Ian looked to the floor and when he looked back to Tatum most of his anger was replaced with tired disappointment. "I tried every way I could think of to get through to you, to try and help you. You pushed me away every step. Clearly you don't want help and would prefer to be miserable forever. I'm done... I'm fucking done with this..." he pushed his way past her and began walking down the hall back to the main room. He stopped and looked back to her. "If there's nothing I can do, I refuse to stand by and watch you destroy yourself. Keep pushing people away like this and pretty soon you'll have no one. I really do hope you get your shit together Tatum. But I clearly can't open your eyes to help you. Talk to me when you get help." With that he turned back around and went back to the room. He'd been a fool to think he could save her. The only person who could help her was herself. Hopefully once she lost everything she'd open her eyes.

It wasn't that Ian didn't want to help Tatum, but at this point it felt like there was nothing else he could do. A hand reached to his temple as he made his way back to Alaska. He couldn't save everybody right? He was just one person and not even a therapist, it was okay to not be able to help her right? Then why did he still feel so guilty... a z u l a a z u l a Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

tumblr_inline_po6vwvVwkV1uy9est_1280.gif

Tatum didn’t quite like the anger coming from Ian, he had grabbed her hand and pulled her to follow him. Her heels clicked with each step as she was forcibly pulled behind Ian. As soon as he turned on her, she crossed her arms and then his words came out at her in a flurry of anger. She was shocked at the anger directed at her, he didn’t understand the situation, he didn’t know the stress, the anxiety, the fears that bubbled in her chest. He didn’t even ask he accused, and Tatum was furious. His voice was louder than it needed to be, and she backed away from him, in discomfort. She hated being yelled at and it only caused her anxiety to raise until he called her an alcoholic and that was when she was pissed. Who the fuck did he think he was? He knew nothing about her or about her life. He just wanted to judge and accuse her and he wasn’t even willing to accept his problems.

She took a moment in his pause to insert herself, “You’re a fucking hypocrite.” She wasn’t about to have a shouting match with Ian at homecoming, but she wanted to. She had already been dragged away from her date and now she was dealing with Ian’s bullshit. He was a fucking mess and he wanted to give her shit for her issues. She wasn’t an alcoholic she could stop drinking when she wanted to. She just needed to be able to relax.

As soon as he walked away, she made one last attempt at him, “Don’t come at me, when you can’t even fix yourself. Fucking hypocrite.” She made sure he knew exactly what she thought of him. She wasn’t going to stand by idly when someone who tried to kill themselves judged her life and her choices. He wasn’t perfect and his act was pathetic. She followed not long after he walked away and pushed past Ian saying nothing to him. He was a nuisance in her life, and she didn’t need that. Everyone needed to mind their business and leave her alone.

Now she had to deal with Stu being the wolf and all she wanted was to be finished with this dance. It was supposed to be a fun time and now her whole mood was soured thanks to Ian. She wished she hadn’t been put in charge of the dance committee or that she wasn’t nominated for court. Honestly, she hated every part in the school, but she kept having to act like she loved it. It was all bullshit and fakeness just a stupid popularity contest that Tatum never wanted to be a part of and now she was stuck in it and was ready to get out and stop being in the spotlight of the hierarchy of social cliques.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Last edited:
And So It Begins
It had been a while since Ezio's arrival at Westbrook and that entire time had been spent quite proactively. Ezio had made leaps and bounds in the behind the scenes action of this place, floating quietly in the background, exactly where he wanted to be. He had always been one for grand shows of power but this was a delicate matter, building that kind of power in the background took patience and a good drive. Ezio just so happened to enjoy snooping about so that was good enough drive for him. One day, Ezio would come to the light and be practically untouchable. That feeling of helplessness that he'd always felt back home in Spain would never infiltrate his mind ever again. Ezio refused to be helpless and to be not helpless you had to have power and to have power you had to know things. It was easy to hold an axe above people's heads if you knew things they didn't want you to know. That's how you became a king and Ezio would settle for no less. Technically he didn't even have to come to Homecoming but to see the chaos that awaited them was more than enough enticement. He'd watch as they all fell. A court of truths would come to light tonight. This was Ezio's domain and they wouldn't even see the hurricane coming. Ezio straightened his jacket as he stepped through the doors and glanced around. Next to him, Wayne stood quietly much less haughty looking than Ezio. Sucking in a breath through his nose, Ezio turned to Wayne with a grin.

"What a night, my friend, what a night." Ezio clapped his hand on Wayne's shoulder and shook it lightly, practically exuberating excitement. Wayne looked at him with cautionary green eyes and pulled him off to the side away from prying eyes. He shook his head, his unkempt hair that was pulled up into a ponytail shaking with it. Ezio could tell that Wayne thought he was being too showy and Ezio simply chuckled and placed two hands on the other boy's shoulders, his grin growing even wider. "Oh, calm yourself, Wayne. Aren't you excited? These people have stood above you for far too long." Wayne's jaw twitched at the words, "Highschool is an arena, dear friend, an arena where only the strongest survive. Tonight we prove a point you've long wanted. With Wolves and everyone together, we will cause a rift." Ezio leaned close to Wayne's face, "A rift between the royalty of this place. Chaos amongst the ranks." Ezio clapped his friend's shoulders and turned away as they awaited what was to come next.

"This is all too much. I could've thought of a much easier way to cause rifts, Ezio." Wayne shook his head again, "Whispers in ears, lies are easy. This is way too complicated."

"I agree with you, Wayne, but the truth is a much more powerful weapon as we shall see." Ezio effectively shut Wayne down and the other boy wrung his hands behind his back, becoming silent. Wayne was right. This was all too much. Ezio, Wolves, all the others, they were far too ambitious. Far too cocky. Wayne feared they underestimated the Homecoming Court and they most definitely underestimated the people that stood behind them like loyal guard dogs. Grace Jackson blew past them in all her smiley glory with Sawyer at her arm and Wayne watched them go by. People like Sawyer, Alaska, Mason, JJ, hell even Ash, Wayne had no doubt they'd have a bone to pick after tonight and he feared being that bone.​

Westbrook Wolf

Yhi1Uuo.jpg

Finally, after a long and painful wait that had everyone on the edge of their seats, the Wolf was ready to announce this year’s Homecoming King and Queen. But not after a few more dramatic spins to ramp up the suspense, one that nearly spent him slipping off the stage. What? Can’t a wolf have some fun?!

‘And the Homecoming King and Queen for this year are…….. . . . . . . . . . . . . .’

Silence.

He looked up at the anticipatory faces in the crowd, and resolved to keep them waiting for another painful minute.

‘………………………….are………………………’

Then the Wolf dropped the piece of paper, so that he could spend another excruciating minute trying to pick it up with his huge paws.

‘………………………………………..are……………………………………..’

Now he was flipping the piece of paper upside down.

And downside up again.

‘….ARE…………..!!!’

At last the Wolf pushed his snout against the microphone.

‘Ladies and gentlemen!’

‘Boys and girls!‘

‘………I give you!’

‘The King!’

‘Your King!’

‘My King!’

‘The Mighty!’

‘The Amazing!’

‘Mason! RIVERA!’

There was thunderous applause as the soon-to-be king climbed onto the stage and stepped into the light. ‘Mate, come stand over here,‘ the Wolf hissed him into his right spot.

‘And the Queen!’

‘Your Queen!’

‘My Queen!’

‘Mason’s Queen!’

‘Please welcome!’

The forty-ninth state of America!’

‘ALASKA VAUGHN!’

Alaska, too, took to the stage, so that she was standing right next to Mason. Perfect. And now, onto the coronation event!

The Wolf turned his back to the crowd, then stepped up, and then patted—no, slapped—Mason’s hair down with his giant paw, a few more times than necessary. Finally, he took the crown from the podium and screwed it onto Mason’s big stupid head. Next he turned to Alaska, and crowned her as well. Much more gently of course.

‘... You get a crown.‘

‘YOU GET A CROWN.‘

‘And YOU GET A CROWN!’

The wolf spun around again and bowed at the crowd. Boy this was fun!

@ Everyone

And So It Went...
ezgif.com-gif-maker (43).gif

The audio from Stu’s mic would cut out following the crowning of the Homecoming King and Queen. She looked out at them on the stage, her lip curling up in disgust. She should have at least been on the ridiculous court, but instead she was up here, locked in the audio booth. Staring at a script that would no doubt hurt the people up on that stage.

They deserved to pay. To have their deepest darkest secrets aired out, to no longer be on the top of the high school social chain. She hated them. The popular boys would roll their eyes at her, to convince her that they would never like her, or be in love with her. That it was absurd for a boy to fall in love with her. Maybe they didn’t use those words exactly, but that’s how it felt.

And don’t even get her started on the girls. They always pranced around like they were better than everyone else, they had it all and their first instinct was to rub it in each other’s faces.

All she wanted was to be on the cheer team.

To be liked.

Why was that so much to ask for?

A sense of doubt set into her head, and she almost convinced herself it wasn’t worth hurting all the people up there just because they did it to her. But the thought of continuing high school like this wasn’t worth it. They should feel how she felt whenever she was belittled by them, whenever she would sit in her room scrolling social media just for the smallest bit of attention from someone-- anyone, and yet no one cared enough to even talk to her.

Because she was labeled as… “annoying.” And “stupid.” There’s a lot of labels she could use for each and everyone of them, granted, she didn’t come up with them herself. But it’s time they got a taste of their own medicine.

They had planned for this -- not her necessarily, but her friends. The ones that had helped her gather these secrets, and presented the script to her that was clutched now in her hands. Everything would go by without a hitch. The door to the audio room was locked, the keys inside with her. It would take them forever to get the other set.

And a projector had been set up, loaded with pictures and video evidence to support all of their accusations. They even had a light to shine onto the person in question. And right now, others would be swarming the doorways, dressed in black with their faces covered, their identities secret. Locking and blocking the doors, and making sure that no one would be able to escape until she was done.

A deep breath in. Stu has just crowned the King and Queen, which meant that she was ready.

It was time.

-------------------------------------

“Hello, ladies and gentlemen! Thank you so much for joining us on this fine evening while we crown this year’s Homecoming King and Queen. Why don’t we give another applause for our King and Queen?” A small scattering of awkward applause sounded, and then she continued speaking.

She took a deep breath and held the button down as her voice protruded from the speakers. Anyone would know it was her from her voice, but she sounded different. Almost as if she was being forced to do something she didn’t want to.

“So today, we’re going to play a little game called ‘Do You Know Your Court?’ Sounds fun, right?” By now, the teachers had figured out that this wasn’t part of the scheduled program, but they wouldn’t be able to break into the audio booth for a while. For now, she was safe. “We’ll be starting off by looking at your choices of king, and then we’ll go into the more fun side of the queens.”

But let’s be real, she didn’t have a handgun or knife to her head that’s making her do all this.

This was her choice.

“Let’s start off with guessing your first candidate! You all know him well as Westbrook’s local ‘reformed’ drug addict, but how reformed is he really? We found a little information saying that he’s relapsed again, but that’s not really a surprise anymore. So, who do you all think it is?” A pause for dramatic effect, and the spotlight flashed on, operated by one of her new friends, and was tilted onto a bewildered junior, who winced away from the light.

“If you guessed Drake Martin, that would be correct!” She said. Oh, if only she had something that could make a little dinging noise to make this whole thing that much sweeter. “Not only has he relapsed into drugs again, but he’s failed to mention that he’s moving away to Chicago to live with his dad and sister. On Sunday morning, Drake is on the first flight out of here and he’ll be back in rehab. Again. Guess we’ll probably see you at your funeral in a few years.”

She had her reasons for this, and she just hoped some people understood why she was doing all this. It wasn’t her idea in the first place, but the friends she made told her it would all be worth it.

But as she spoke, she started to wonder if it would be.

She continued down the list as she heard footsteps coming from the hall. She knew whoever it was wouldn’t be able to get in just yet anyway, a few people made sure they couldn’t. “Next up, can anyone guess which one of your court just so happened to fail their classes so badly that daddy dearest had to step in with a fat check?” The pounding on the door from none other than the school principal made her freeze momentarily.

Clearing her throat and continuing without another second to spare.“Ding ding! Time’s up. The answer is… Ryder Vaughn.” She announced, as the spotlight turned back on to face her new target. “After leaving under ‘mysterious’ circumstances to New York, which we’ll get to later, Ryder started failing all of his classes and was even going to have to retake his junior year. I guess getting hit in the head so many times from hockey and fighting made him kind of stupid. Lucky for him that his father has plenty of money, right? Because he actually paid the high school off to ensure his dumbest son passed. Heartwarming.”

“Third on the list is Westbrook’s one and only Humpty Dumpty. He had a great fall, and they tried to put him back together again. Any guesses on who that is?” She waited only a few seconds, because this one was easy. Almost too easy. The spotlight flipped onto the next victim. “That’s right, it’s Ian Evans. Although I guess his fall was actually driving head first into a tree. Too bad you survived, right? Better luck next time.”

It was harsh.

Even she knew that. But she had gotten this far already, what else was stopping her from continuing?

“Of course, that’s old news. I thought we could take a little trip down memory lane.” A button was pressed, and up came the journal segment of Ian’s notebook. Oh yes, she did indeed have a projector, which sent the image onto the backdrop just behind the newly appointed Homecoming King and Queen. “‘The guilt is back today. Despite everyone saying there was nothing I could've done. I knew Mikey was suicidal, I just didn't want to accept it. He's gone because of me.’” She said, reading the note aloud.

“Ironic, isn’t it? Since that’s you now. The suicidal guy that everyone is ignoring. Which reminds me… your time to shine is over. Next.”

“Now that we’re on the topic of suicidal classmates, one of our kings up here just so happens to have great experience with this. Hey Ian, was Noah the one that bullied you into trying to kill yourself? Because we all know he has plenty of experience with that.”

A click of a button changed the image on the screen to an obituary. Any Westbrook kids that had been there the last couple years would’ve recognized him -- Jonathan.

“Noah Stewart, how does it feel knowing that you bullied a kid so badly that he actually ended up taking his own life? His parents donate money every year to anti-bullying organizations to stop people like you. Why did you come back? Did you bully someone else into killing themselves in Italy?”

She didn’t wait for an answer, because obviously one wasn’t coming.

“And now it’s time for a special little segment I like to play called ‘Who’s That Whore?’” Because half of the students standing up on the stage just so happened to enjoy sleeping around, it had gotten almost dull trying to piece together this part of the presentation. So much making out.

“Hey Raven, did he tell you that he’d waited for you? I bet that he said he spent the whole summer waiting for you and working, trying to get his daughter back. Well, apparently drugs and girls were more important than getting his daughter back or even waiting for you.”

The spotlight had now turned onto the king, who was staring at the screen with his hands balled into fists. Waiting.

“Sure, Lacey Newman and Laurel Davis were fun… for a couple weeks. But the other two went on for much, much longer -- a couple months each. And, actually, at the same time.”

She pressed a button, and on the screen popped up a series of short clips of Mason at parties making out with different girls. The first one was easy to recognize as Lacey if you knew who the college-aged graduate was -- then there was Laurel, who had left the school before the secret that her boyfriend had been cheating on her could come out. Bummer.

“Girls, it may be best to go check yourself for possible STDS. After all, why should all the slut shaming go to women?”

Mason’s clips continued to roll, and yes, there was Lacey, and Laurel, but there was another blonde who stood out from the rest. Her back was turned for the first few seconds. It clearly showed Mason, and... the first female court member. The first in a series of whores, and the spotlight turned from Mason to her.

“Tatum Browne. I guess it’s fitting that the football captain and cheer captain slept together, right? Hey Tatum, how long did you ‘wait’ for Caleb before you made the first move on Mason? A day?”

“Speaking of girls that have fucked Mason, why don’t we look at Alaska Vaughn and the reason for her and Ryder’s mysterious departure from the school?” The spotlight flipped from Tatum to the aggressive brunette.

“I’m sure we all remember the disastrous musical last year, when Alaska and Raven had that, oh-so romantic kiss.” For added effect, she made sure that the screen showed that very kiss. “Funny, because it would seem that Raven wasn’t the only one that Alaska wanted at that time.”

A click of a button, and then the screen had changed from Raven and Alaska kissing to Alaska making out with an older guy.

“It seems she was also sleeping with her teacher, Jamie. Of course, their parents couldn’t have that getting out, so their mother sent the twins to live in New York with their dad while they paid everyone off to keep it secret.”

“Our next slut is one that I think you’ll all remember from when she made her first debut last year. Alcoholism and brain damage don’t go too well together, do they? Whoever could it be?” A pause, even if it was unnecessary, before the spotlight shone onto the blonde in question. “That’s right! Ashton West! It would seem that she didn’t leave her whoring ways behind her last year, and went right back to it after breaking up with Sean.”

The projector changed once again, to showcase first Ash’s kiss with Raven, and then the kiss with Kanen -- and just a kiss, nothing more.

“Seems like both Riveras get around quite a lot, don’t they? And look at that, Ash sleeping with the local ex-convict. Fun times, isn’t it? At least her mother paid him off to leave town so that it wouldn’t happen again.”

Two more left to go, and these two were going to be the best.

“Alright, let’s play who’s most likely to become a porn star? Westbrook’s perfect little Sleeping Beauty, or our brunette queen bitch?” She knew who everyone would think -- no one would ever think, under any circumstances, that it could be Grace over JJ.

“If you guessed Grace Jackson, you would be correct.” The spotlight turned to the disabled blonde, and the projector screen changed to show her making out with Sawyer on that fateful day in the biology classroom. “Turns out, our science teacher got fed up with the constant break-ins of his classroom. And coma girl over here decided to get a little handsy with her ex girlfriend.” As the video continued, articles of clothing made their way off, but as soon as the good stuff started happening, the camera fell to the floor.

Borrrringg.

“Too bad everyone here couldn’t see more. But if you listen closely… well… why don’t we just move on to the next and final part.”

This secret?

By far her favorite.

“Who remembers the pregnancy rumors? And no, this time, I don’t mean the lesbian.”

Beau waited a moment for a dramatic effect, the pounding on the door got louder and she heard the clinking of keys. She had to hurry.

Drug use, bullying, cheating, and sex tapes, were interesting-- yes, but that wouldn’t break them. This secret, however. This would be something none of them would ever forget.

“Now, I’d say take a guess, but we have nobody else but Westbrook’s very own sweetheart left. Surprising that there’s nothing sweet about this self centered, egotistical bitch. As it turns out. The rumors were true! Whatta know. It wasn’t weight gain. Or Juliette just trying out a new look.” A picture of a sonogram appeared in the background. The most recent of pictures of poor little JJ Jr. She had gotten her hands on this piece of evidence on the night of the sleepover. It was just sitting in Juliette’s room, sealed shut. Well, if JJ didn’t have the guts to open it, a certain someone did.

“Much like your boyfriends, turns out even he didn’t feel the need to stay. Oh! Did I spoil it? Whoops. Congrats! It’s a boy. Well… was, a boy.”

The door was opening, and all she only had time for was one last parting remark.

"Thank you for listening in. These secrets were brought to you by Beau Bisley and Ezio Tierno. Feel free to thank us."

She didn't want to call the others out yet -- just herself and Ezio. Beau didn't even know who the rest of Wolves were. She wasn't working directly with them. Beau had been nothing but a pawn, a puppet to deliver this news and someone for the court to turn their anger on.

The door finally opened, and her mic cut out, the projector turned off, and the Court was left in darkness.​

Mason
tumblr_inline_n9pukdB6id1sg1l5j.gif

He had only been paying partial attention to the King and Queen announcements -- Mason certainly hadn't expected for Stu to call his name, and now his amber gaze was pulled from Raven to look up at the wolf boy in surprise. "I uh... I'll be back." He said, giving Raven a smile and then headed over to the stage. Mason started up the stairs, heart pounding as Stu directed him where to stand. His gaze moved out over the crowd -- at Ian, Noah, Drake, even Ryder.

Mason didn't deserve this crown.

His attention turned back to Stu when the boy announced the queen -- of course, Alaska. He just hoped that maybe for once, this wouldn't end with Alaska tackling him off the stage with fists flying. Mason just wanted to have one good night. One simple night. Something that didn't... that didn't make him go home screaming.

The two of them were crowned, Mason having to lower his head so that Stu could put the crown on him. But the boy used one giant paw to smack his head, probably trying to smooth out... nah, Mason had no idea what he was doing. And he would've been annoyed, or even yelled or snapped at the kid if it hadn't been Stu. Stu reminded Mason of Drake. Like a little brother. Just... a little brother that hadn't fucked up his life since he was born. A little brother that had it together.

He straightened back up after Stu had placed the crown, and he looked out over the students. This was his second senior Homecoming, and the second one that he had won king. Because yeah, Drake had told Mason that he won last year -- but Mason had given it to Sawyer. Someone more worthy of it than him.

And then, the mic stopped.

Mason thought it was just a glitch, until he heard a voice. And then he knew something was wrong, but he didn't know what was wrong.

And then the voice started talking. About reformed drug addicts, and Mason knew who the voice was talking about. His heart started pounding faster, his fists balling into fists. Drake was clean. Drake didn't--

But the girl's next words slapped Mason harder than anything else.

Drake was... no, he couldn't be moving. He hadn't relapsed. Drake was doing good! Mason's gaze sought out his little brother in the crowd, and for a moment his amber eyes met Drake's pale gray ones. And the look in his little brother's eyes -- the hurt, the sadness... the girl wasn't lying. And it was like Mason was being tossed through that table again, or falling on Noah, or getting punched in the gut. The oxygen exited his lungs and Mason was frozen, staring at Drake.

It had always been him. Him and Drake against the world. Drake kept Mason from becoming something that he didn't recognize. Because if he was bad, then Drake wouldn't be safe. Drake couldn't take care of himself, and their-- no, sorry, Drake's dad (Mason didn't have a dad -- he kept forgetting), he wouldn't know what to do.

The voice had moved on, and then he heard Noah's name, and the screen behind him popped up with a face that he sadly recognized. And the oxygen rushed back into his lungs, and Mason's gaze started to be dotted with red. It was like a car crash. You wanted to stop it, you wanted to look away, but there was nothing you could do.

And then it slid to him.

Mason's heart pounded as it started showing the girls, the stupid spotlight burning into his skin like an ant under a magnifying glass. Fuck, fuck, fuck. They named them all, except the last one, and at least that was a little glimmer of light in this otherwise storm cloud of horror. Mason couldn't... he wouldn't... he wasn't ready to face who that last girl was, because admitting it to himself would probably break him.

Now, his gaze was nothing but red. And she was only halfway done.

So Mason turned and shoved Stu aside, snatching the microphone out of the wolf boy's hands. But in shoving him aside, he accidentally made the boy lose his footing and the kid went toppling off the stage into Noah. Fuck.

They'd be fine.

He tried to speak into the mic, hoping that maybe he could stop this, but it did nothing. Mason wanted to scream, but nothing came out. He took the mic and threw it as hard as he could into the crowd, and then Mason was off the stage. He didn't know where he was going. What he was doing. The voice was still continuing, the images still rolling.

Fuck.

Mason wanted someone to break. Anything. Anyone. But no one knew who the Wolves were, and the doors were locked, and Mason was trapped and he didn't know what to fucking do right now.

And then the voice introduced herself -- Beau fucking Bisley -- and Mason couldn't punch a girl.

But the second name.

Ezio Tierno.

Mason could kill him.

Dede Dede KingofAesir KingofAesir mogy mogy

Ash
tumblr_inline_p8anf5llHa1urfelz_540.gif

She was okay.

She had been okay.

Ash had started piecing her life back together, shattered bit by shattered bit.

She had changed.

But... she hadn't, had she?

Ian had talked to her. Begged her to get better. To be better. And for a few days, she had. She had stayed with Ian, and she had gotten help. Anxiety from the crash -- that's what they thought were causing all of the panic attacks, and she had stopped for a bit. She had been exhausted on the medication, but Ash had tried to be better.

Ash had wanted to be better.

And then the festival had happened, and she had been off the medication for a day or two. She had been fine! She didn't need it. And Ash had thought she was fine. So she had gone there without it, and then everything had tumbled down around her. Her mother slapping her, the slut jokes at the kissing booth, and then the announcement of Grace on stage. Her heart hadn't been able to stop beating then, and Ash couldn't breathe. And then Tatum had tried to stop her, and Raven had punched her, and Ash felt horrible about all of it. But she had been so close to feeling like she was just going to crumble into dust.

Kanen. Kanen had been there, Kanen had taken her somewhere safe, calmed her down. Fuck, Kanen had been the reason Ash had even come back from the college guy's apartment. The reason she had stopped drinking for the couple weeks that she had. Because he had yelled at her -- that she was a fucking mess, that she couldn't become like him.

And now she was staring up at the screen, her fingers interlaced with Ryder's, while she watched herself kiss Kanen on the big screen, and Ash had to squeeze her eyes shut.

It was all too much. Ash wasn't strong. Ash couldn't handle this.

Ash wanted a drink. She wanted to hurt. She wanted to break one last time and never come back.

When Ash opened her eyes again to look back at the screen, she didn't realize that she was crying. Tears streaming down her face, dripping to the ground. And then they were done -- Beau was done, and Ash felt frozen. It was like someone had grabbed her chest and was squeezing so that she couldn't breathe, couldn't move.

But Ash couldn't mourn. Ash couldn't be sad. Ash had to breathe, because she was trying to be... she was trying to help her friends. Be there for them, and some of the closest people to her had just been hurt.

"I need... where's Ian?" She let go of Ryder's hand and started backing up, her gaze not looking at either her boyfriend or Sebastian, because she couldn't stand to see their faces. She couldn't stand to see the look on Sebastian's face, because what if he hated her for sleeping with the guy that had thrown a fucking chair at him? Or what if Ryder felt the same, since Kanen had been with Alaska, and also put him in the hospital multiple times? "He's not... he needs. This isn't."

None of her words were working. Ash was babbling. Ash couldn't think. Her hands pushed into her hair, gripping and her breathing wasn't come. Ash couldn't breathe. Why couldn't she breathe?

"Grace. Grace won't be okay. I need Grace. I need Ian. I need to make sure that they're. That they're."

Fuck, why wasn't her brain working?

And then her gaze moved back to the ground, to look at Ryder, and her breathing was just becoming shallower and Ash wanted a drink. Fuck, Ash needed alcohol.

"That's why... why you left. Didn't say anything." Her breathing was harsh, shallow. It hurt. Her lungs hurt. Everything hurt. "Oh my god, you were dealing with something real and I... I moved on."

Ash was horrible. Ash was a whore.

"I'm not... oh god, I'm not good. I'm a horrible person."

The crying increased, until Ash could barely see past the tears in her eyes.

"Ryder you're not dumb. Why... what happened in New York?"

Nothing was working. Her lungs hurt.

Ash was not okay. Ash had never been okay.

a z u l a a z u l a 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

Noah Stewart
(imagine an angry noah gif right here)

"I'm already too cool to be talking to you. Who even are you?" Noah joked, channeling his inner mean bitch. This being a joke could be seen by his slight chuckle. Obviously, Noah could never actually be mean or say anything offensive to Chase, seeing Chase had been one of the sweetest people Noah had been talking to in the last few weeks, and the competition was pretty fierce, one of the other people being Gia who literally everybody, but mostly Noah, absolutely adored.

Westbrook Wolf, the dedicated furry of Westbrook had gotten on stage to announce this year's homecoming king and queen, and Noah did hope it would be him who would snatch the crown even if it meant he would have to dance with a girl.

He turned around and waited for Stu to announce his name, and Stu made sure to prolong the announcement as much as he could. In the end, it was Mason who was pronounced the homecoming king of 2020. Noah couldn't deny that the feeling of being beat by his former best friend and the guy who broke his leg didn't leave a bitter taste in his mouth. He was being really judgemental, but Mason didn't deserve that crown one bit — he had anger issues which got better of him at literally every occasion, he was a toxic person, purposely hurting the people around him and overall he was a bad person.

"I would say there was always next year, but luckily there isn't," Noah commented, forcing on a convincing smile for Chase. It really wasn't a big deal, and he didn't want Chase to feel bad for him. He didn't want anybody to feel bad for him because pity is the worst kind of emotion people can have for you.

Stu had also prolonged the announcement for the homecoming queen of 2020, and the queen turned out to be Alaska, Chase's sister.

Noah would've turned around to say something to Chase, like 'congrats' or something of sorts, but this was stopped by something happening with the speakers. It was probably just faulty wiring, or at least that was what Noah thought.

Soon after, though, a voice Noah knew very well could be heard across the hall. Beau. He knew that anything involving her wasn't going to be good.

As Beau started belting out people's secrets, Noah felt utterly bad and was shocked. He didn't think he could feel bad for Mason after what he had done, but somehow he did. He knew that hearing that about Drake was going to absolutely shatter him, and he also knew he didn't want that even for Mason, his former best friend, his enemy.

She next attacked Chase's brother, and Noah knew this must have hit hard for Chase, knowing how much he loved his siblings.

Next up was Ian, and Noah didn't think this could get any worse, but it somehow did. Bringing up suicidalness is definitely not cool. None of this was cool and Noah really wanted it to stop. It needed to stop because he had a feeling in his gut he was next.

Noah turned to stone the moment he noticed Jonathan's obituary was shown on the projection. Noah couldn't move. He couldn't breathe. His lungs were stuck in place, and he couldn't do anything to get away from this place, from the center of attention. He just wanted to disappear and never be seen again.

She moved on to Mason, and Noah just tuned out. He didn't know if he wanted to cry or to scream or to take another life. Fuck.

Noah came to his senses as a Stu was pushed into him by no one else but Mason, who, as usual, didn't care about anything else than showing his toxic masculinity. They were all hurt so there was no need to be playing the hero.

"Get the fuck away from me!" The feeling of physical pain on top of emotional pain had just been too much for Noah, and the jumbled feelings in his head turned to anger. He pushed Stu off of himself, adrenaline flowing through his veins, he managed to get up and get out of the hall. He didn't notice if he was going fast or slow and if people were looking at him leaving, but he just needed to get out of there and scream into the abyss for the next three days.

"Fuck! Shit! Fuck!" He yelled, not caring if anybody heard him or not. His gut hurt and he was shaking. This was a literal nightmare, something Noah could only think about in his dreams. He couldn't feel stability in his crutches and felt like he was gonna fall on the floor any second, but he didn't.

Interactions: a z u l a a z u l a (Chase), Dede Dede (Stu)
Mentions: Winona Winona (Mason, Drake), a z u l a a z u l a (Alaska, Ryder)​

Pixie West

Tonight was supposed to be fun.

Pixie didn't know these people. She wasn't attached to them enough to feel bad, at least beyond the obvious. She didn't have any friends. She'd never had any friends besides Marty and his friends. She wasn't the kind of person you made friends with, especially in the stuffy Christian boarding school she attended. All boys. She was not a boy. When she said that, her mother nearly drowned her in the tub, and that night she packed her things and headed to Marty's trailer. They disappeared into the night together, and that was the end of Pixie's suffering. Over the summer they traveled up to Maine. She met his friends, most of them older than her, some of them not. Her and Anne-Marie filmed a porno together for some extra cash and then she left again, back on the road.

Things were supposed to be different now.

Her locker in school had slurs painted across it. Hours spent wiping the permanent ink only led to it being re-done. She accepted it as her identity. She hid in there when people walked by looking for her. She wore sunglasses to hide the bruises on her face. She'd leave school overnight and go to Marty's trailer. He listened to her problems, of which there were many. Problems and problems that kept piling up. She was ready to go away. To start a clean slate, where nobody had ever known her birth name. She was Pixie West. Someday she'd be Pixie Arbuckle-West, or just Pixie Arbuckle.

Why was this happening?

Marty told her never to tell people who he was. Never to post pictures of them together, or at least, never to associate his name with his face. What they were doing was wrong -- at some level, she knew. Everyone thought she was too young for him. But she felt adult, and knew she could trust him. They fought sometimes, every couple does. She'd promised herself to keep her body for him. When she turns eighteen, they can finally get married. They'd never have kids, but maybe some pets. Pixie had always had a soft spot for mice... and snakes, ironically. She'd have to pick one and not both.

Why was the room so cold?

Westbrook was perfect. Nobody knew her, and they were okay with her being trans and nasty. They didn't know the half of it. That she was a runaway with a grown-up boyfriend and a messed-up heart. They didn't need to. If they did, god knows, they might try something weird and dangerous. They didn't know she fought with her classmates all the time, or that she was sent to conversion therapy for a month. They did awful things back there. Nothing worth re-living. They didn't know she had a porno, with her friend, Ann-Marie, and she sold it, and people bought it. They didn't know.

But now they might.

She knew that Wolves bastard on Twitter would be a problem. Ever since she saw them, she knew. But how much did they know? She feared the possibilities. The answers. How much did they know? And in her bright pink dress, suddenly she felt much less pretty. Instead, she felt small.

Her chest burned with something similar to vomit. The bitch gave her name. And his, too. Beau and Ezio. If she snapped them bad enough, the rest of their buddies will surely back off. She was not angry. She was terrified.

Pixie shoved through clusters of mystified people, elbowing her way past them. For a moment, she hunched over a garbage can, thinking that her ham sandwich might come back up for a visit, but it managed to stay back. What do they know? What do they know? WHAT DO THEY KNOW? Her breath would not settle, she ran through the halls. A maniac in pink, eyes wild and face drained of all its blood. She'd deal with the girl first. The little twinkie would be easy. She'd barely put up a fight. Pixie wanted her ass comatose.

The click of her heels might be the last thing Beau Bisley would ever hear.

Mentions: KingofAesir KingofAesir (Ezio) Winona Winona (Beau)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back