Westbrook Season 2

Ava
Lil Head Dip.gif

School sucked.

Well, life sucked. School sucked. Everything sucked.

Maybe not for any specific reason, aside from the fact that Ava just generally hated everything and everyone, for every reason imaginable. Stepping into the school, she was reminded once again why she did. High school was nothing but a place for hot people to rise, and then burn out as soon as graduation hit. And she couldn't wait to sit on the sidelines and watch.

She had started walking through the school when she saw a guy that looked very lost. No, she was not going to stop and ask him if he needed help. No. Definitely not. That was not Ava's job.

Ava continued to walk along, but...

Fuck.

She finally turned around with a groan, walking over to the very confused looking kid. "Lost? Are you new or something?" She wanted to punch herself for this next question, but Ava still found herself asking it. "Do you want... help?"

lion. lion.

Sha'nay
tenor.gif

Being sent on crab-run wasn't exactly Sha'nay's favorite pastime.

But when her mom wanted crab legs, Shay knew better than to protest. When that woman wanted her seafood, there was no talking out of it.

As it would turn out, just as Shay was exiting the grocery store, she heard a very familiar name. Tadita. She paused dead in her tracks, balancing on one foot and raising her brows beneath her black sunglasses. Obviously designer brand.

Tadita Redmoon? Her pot-selling, no good, musty, dusty, crusty ex Tadita Redmoon? Dita Juanita-Corzana Redmoon? That had to be. Who else named their kid swift-foot? "I don't want you to think I'm eavesdropping.." She began, turning towards Zac.

Shay continued, ".. But do you know Tadita Redmoon?" She asked with a slow, curling little smile. Her voice was high and sweet, almost sickly sweet like honey. She lightly pressed her weight onto one hip, "I was just wondering because she and I used to be total best friends." She smiled, some of her long, dark tresses shifting in the breeze.

Winona Winona

Last edited by a moderator:
tenor.gif

Sha'nay

She rose her brows a tick when she could see the thoughts processing in his brain just after she finished speaking. Why did he have to think so hard about his answer? It wasn't like she was asking him something hard.

When Zac gave her an answer, she smiled the smallest bit wider, her teeth glimmering white and beautiful. It was obvious that she must have had them professionally bleached on a regular basis.

"Really? That's super interesting. We used to go to high school together, until she got expelled." Her smile fell into a somewhat smug, disgusted expression. But the smile quickly came back as if it had never slipped away at all. "My name's Sha'nay." She shook his hand lightly, her handshake not at all firm. Very dainty, as if she was expecting him to kiss the back of her hand. "I'm enrolled at that school for another week or two until all of my records transfer over. I just moved into the neighborhood two days ago."

Time to get some info.

"A lot of people know Dita." Shay rolled her eyes, "It's not that special. We used to be besties, you know? Kinda fell outta touch, lost contact.. I know that she goes to Westbrook, though. What did you say your name was? I don't think I caught it." She adjusted her purse slightly, also designer of some sorts. She moved slightly closer if only to get out of the way of the people coming and going out of the grocery store. Her perfume was clean and sweet, radiating off of her like her confident aura and energy.

Winona Winona

tenor.gif

Sha'nay

Shay's eyes widened when he took a step back.

Oh no, no, no. We can't have that. "I didn't mean to scare you. There are just y'know, people going in and out of the store." The last thing that she needed was some guy that she just met getting the wrong idea about her. She didn't sleep around. Whether or not he was trying to act like he had just stumbled into the wall not because of her, or what, he had failed and she knew that she had freaked him out. "Yeah, well, that's in the past." Sha'nay said with an air of mild annoyance, as if Tadita's reputation was some sort of stain.

"Minnesota?" She asked curiously and rose her dark brows, her interest piqued again. "What's it like out there? I've heard the state is super diverse in terms of geography." She said eloquently, flipping some of her hair over her shoulder. "But it's good that you're back, you know? I guess there's no place quite like home." Shay smiled kindly, her lipgloss shimmering in the light.

When he commented about Westbrook being 'cool', she almost snorted and straight up told him that he was wrong. But she didn't. "I guess I'll have to see. I know that it's gonna be super different from where I went.. but that doesn't have to mean it's bad, does it?" The worst part about moving schools was not being able to see Asia all the time. The two would still be able to maintain a relationship, but it would be a bit more strained.. especially with her ex being so close by. Her ex who hadn't taken the hint.

Winona Winona

tenor.gif

Sha'nay

Messy breakups were something that Shay could understand. She'd had plenty herself; Tadita probably being her messiest because she couldn't just accept that she didn't owe her an explanation for dumping her. And when the dumb bitch wouldn't give up, Sha'nay had to make her give up and get Tadita off of her back and out of her life.

And she thought it was for good. But things changed, and history had a way of always repeating itself, didn't it? "I get the whole breakup thing. Trust me." She nodded and kissed her teeth slightly, rolling her eyes in a relaxed manner. "Not a big deal at all, it takes some guts to come out and say something like that, especially to a stranger."

She tucked that info away into her arsenal for possible later use.

Now, who is his ex? "The coast brings in some pretty bad weather, doesn't it?" She asked and chuckled, looking out at the sunny parking lot. "It's not that bad today, though. Rare that we get sun like this.. you should try to take advantage of it while it's still here." When Shay heard the last question go passed his lips, it was as if hearing glass shatter. Nails on a chalkboard. Stubbing one's toe, pulling out a deep hangnail.. "Me? Be with Tadita? That couldn't be farther from the truth. My mom got a job over this way."

Winona Winona

Hair.gif
Listening to Mason's little explanation, Kanen didn't look at all amused. Mason, who had always tried to act like he was the mature one, picking on people because it was fun? To Kanen, it seemed pathetic. Maybe Mason deserved to get held back for his senior year if he was still going to pull childish shit like this. Whatever, Kanen was going to wipe that stupid look off Mason's face. "Put on your pads and start running so I don't have to look at that smug fucking face." Kanen spoke, turning away to end any arguments before Mason would have the chance to start one.

Watching the School's mascot march on over was a little bit weird.

Since when did the mascot show up to practices? What was there for a mascot to even do at a practice? It's not like you had to be fit in order to put on some stupid suit and make a fool out of yourself at games. Kanen was only a little surprised when the boy in the ill-fitting suit marched right up to him and tried pushing him back. Kanen didn't much, despite Stu tossing all his weight around.

"His mum just died, asshole."

Yeah, because that fucking mattered. Because anyone gave Kanen a break when his dad killed himself, right? Mason was there for Kanen then huh, so Kanen should be there for Mason now? Hilarious. Frankly, Kanen didn't care if Mason's whole family had been burnt to a crisp in some awful car wreck. Kanen wasn't about to treat Mason any differently. Stu was naive if he though Kanen gave a damn, or if anyone really gave a damn. Westbrook was some shitty high school in the backwaters of Maine, not some TV show drama.

"Get off the field, Stu." Kanen said. If it had been anyone other than Stu in that suit, Kanen probably would've just taken them to the ground here and there. "And keep your hands to yourself, you're too small for fighting."

@Whoever at this point.

Ash
Sideways.gif

She took the play book from JJ, looking at what she had pointed out, but barely even paying attention. Her head was spinning, and she just wanted to... go home, or anywhere that wasn't here. Tatum was next to her, also looking at it, and Ash could feel her breathing faltering and catching in her throat from the closeness of her best friend... no, her friend... was Tatum even considered her friend anymore?

Ash thrust the book towards Tatum. "You look." She mumbled. "I'm not cheer captain or... stand in cheer captain or whatever." She waited for Tatum to take the book, and then she stepped back, wrapping her arms around her stomach. Deep breaths, right? Deep breaths, and she would just count down the minutes until she could leave.

But now Stu was here, and a glance at the bleachers showed her Jace. Great. Heart still pounding in her chest, she tried to keep her breathing level. Even. Tried to stop her heart, tried to smile and not look like she was caving inwards and breaking like she knew she was. Ash was fine, right? Of course she was fine.

She had to be fine.

Another girl had come up, talking in a horrible British accent, and Ash was just about at her breaking point. There were so many people, and of course she had expected that -- it was cheer practice, after all. But what she hadn't been prepared for was seeing Tatum, or Lexi being a bitch, or Kanen being there and listening to Stu yelling at him about who knows what.

Her little not brother's voice echoed out over the field, yelling about Mason's mom being dead.

Lovely.

"Can we... can we start the umm... the tryout now?"

But then Kanen and Stu and Mason's... thing was getting worse. Maybe not worse, but that little blonde kid was pissing her off. And she was annoyed at the cheerleaders, and everything else going on in life, and then Stu seemed to think he had the right to push over nothing.

And Ash couldn't help herself.

"Hey, you little bastard. What the hell do you think you're doing?" She snapped, walking up and pushing her way in front of Stu. Ash's hands slammed into Stu's small, furry chest. "Kanen didn't even do anything, stupid."

Soap Soap Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler a z u l a a z u l a @Pysren geminiy geminiy Dede Dede High5ives High5ives

Last edited:
Image result for chloe norgaard gif
Morgan Ara Getting bored with her stationary position, Morgan packed up the tripod and switched her camera to handheld. "BRB, gonna get a close up." She whispered to her bleacher companions and began walking closer to the field. Approaching the fighting group from moments ago, she casually stood amongst them as if she belonged in the group of boys. "Hey there fellas, mind if I get some glamour shots?" Her smile turned flirtatious to better her chances of a good reaction. Morgan tested different angles and zoomed in on one mans eye. "Nice color, its gonna show up great after editing." A girl nearby began picking on one of the kids from the tussle and Morgan caught the name of the other participant. "So, Kanen huh? Tell me, have you ever considered action movies? Youve got the groove, and the look." She shot a quick wink from behind her camera as she studied the football jock.
Mentions: Winona Winona (Ash) Talking: High5ives High5ives
(Kanen)

Stu

4MITYgR.gif

‘Or what?’ Stu snapped back at Kanen, taking another provocative step toward the tattooed guy. ‘What are you gonna do? Go on – hit me then.’

Well he surely got what he asked for, because his older-not-sister came stomping at him out of nowhere and immediately shoved him. Unlike Kanen, the boy in the wolf costume only needed the slightest push to be thrown off his balance. He fell backwards spectacularly, first into Mason, and then bouncing off that older boy he crashed and rolled dramatically in the grass before coming to a dead stop at Mason’s feet.

Owww.

It turned out picking a fight while in his costume wasn’t the smartest idea in the world. The fall was awkward at best, humiliating at worst, because they had something of a big audience. The Westbrook Wolf didn’t stay on the ground for too long, however. He got up as quickly as he could and stomped his way back toward Ash.

He now took off his wolf head, because if he was going to say something mean, he wasn’t going to do it cowardly from behind a mask. He looked her in the eye and said:

‘I wish you were in a coma. Not Grace.’

Then he turned to the newcomer. That stupid girl with the stupid hair and the stupid camera who had interrupted them stupidly because nobody in her stupid life ever taught her to mind her own stupid business.

With a swing of his paw he tried to knock the stupid camera off her hands with incredible, fluffy violence.

High5ives High5ives Winona Winona Luna_Marie Luna_Marie @ Everyone at cheer practice

Last edited:
Ash
Very Sad Girl.gif

For a moment, she was frozen. She regretted pushing Stu when she saw him fall back into Mason, the older boy trying to catch Stu on his way down, but then the Westbrook Wolf was laying on the grass. He struggled back to his feet, and then came marching back over towards Ash. She wasn't sure what she expected, but then he took off his head.

I wish you were in the coma, not Grace.

Ash's breath caught in her throat. She couldn't breathe. She couldn't move. Everything felt distant, those words rolling through her head over and over. Sawyer had said the same thing to her -- at the party, before she'd hit her and Ash's world had come crumbling down. Again. And again. Everyone wanted her to be in the coma.

Even Ash wanted it.

By now, Stu had managed to try and knock that random girl's camera off her stand. And granted, maybe this was bad timing, but that didn't give Stu any right to be a dick. Just like Stu living in her house didn't give him any right to drink out of the juice container, or give him any right to even move in, or for his dad to pretend to care.

So Ash grabbed Stu's shoulder, pulling him so he was facing her, and with all the force that the small blonde could muster, she brought her fist slamming into Stu's face.

Dede Dede

tumblr_inline_p8dpxp8L6S1urqydq_500.gifv

Jacqueline Dupont

Jackie had stopped paying attention to her flirtatious sister, now honing in on the tension rising on the field. Clearly, those people did not know how to use their words to deal with their problems, instead resorting to hands and fists and paws. Who thought it was a good idea to let some person in a wolf costume fight anyways? Given, a civil brawl between the cheer team, a couple of random guys, and a damn wolf would've been hilarious had fists not started flying.

One second, Morgan had been beside her on the bleachers, filming her with her stupid camera. The next, she was in the middle of the crowd, the mascot swinging for her camera. Jackie had already been standing to go intervene and get the flighty Californian out of the fight when the small blonde grabbed the mascot and punched them right in the face.

Jackie hopped off the bleachers and sprinted towards the crowd, preparing to dodge fists as she wove her way to the fight that was soon going to get out of hand. She grabbed the blonde and pulled her backwards to get her away from the mascot. "Jesus, calm down!" Jackie yelled, now standing in between the mascot and the blonde to block any further attacks. "Everyone really needs to cool the fuck down." She added, on alert in case someone throws another punch. "Can someone get these two off the field? The last thing we need is someone getting seriously busted up." Jackie growled, glancing around the group for any takers. "Because if I have to do it, it won't be so pleasant."

Jackie then realized that she was nobody, that none of these people knew her. Hell, she had only been in Westbrook for a week, and now she's breaking up fights? Way to start off the year.​

Greyson
23d3e2b789d86b6fa0f09b041afe562226153ef1.gif

It was overly simple. Sure, maybe he tripped over one too many stuffed animals and almost broke the curtain rod by trying to stabilize himself so he wouldn't fall out of the window. But again, it was super easy! The blanket was stuffed into his backpack and he mustered up a lie how he needed to use the bathroom upstairs because he didn't know how to flush the downstairs one and all that, Kate believed him surprisingly.

Grey isn't stupid, okay, he knows how to flush a toilet.

A little while later, he arrived at the hospital and knocked softly on the open door to not startle Sawyer. He had to admit, he was jealous of their relationship, Greyson didn't have many friends growing up, being a social butterfly was never in the cards for him. He was like... a really slow caterpillar who was never going to become something as pretty as the butterfly on Grace's blanket... but that was okay because Sawyer was his friend kinda, and some people were allergic to butterflies.

He glanced around the hospital room as if he was looking for an imaginary security guard before turning towards Sawyer.

"I got the goods."

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Juliette
tumblr_inline_pbwc67a1e71ricaxd_540.gif

"You're still on this? Jesus, Tatum, it's like you can't get over anything--" Juliette cut herself short when Ash decided to go on her weekly rampages on the mascot who was obviously late and death glares was sent to both, if not everyone there. This is what she gets for trying? A team that's unable to cooperate, mascots who are late, horny stupid boys who girls want nothing to do with? What's the sense in attempting at something if everyone is just gonna snap about the smallest inconvenience?

Sure, it was sad that Mason's mom died. Was that something everyone needed to know? No. Did the mascot have to ignore his duties? No. Did Ash need to get involved? No. And finally, did Tatum have to be the most annoying person alive? Well, for her it seemed to be mandatory.

But Juliette didn't need to try anymore. After this week cheer captain wasn't even hers anyway and it's like everything that makes her moderately happy is taken away in an instant. So fuck it. Juliette's done trying. "Practice is over! Whoever tried out, congratulations, you're on this horrible thing called a cheer team." She stated, ignoring the ruckus including eye contact with Tatum as she grabbed the playbook from her and stormed off the field. She could care less about the chaos that was occurring there. For once, the brunette had no energy for the drama today.

--

After finding a quiet spot outside of the school, and far, far away from the football field. JJ sat down at a nearby bench and flipped through the routines she decided to lose sleep for. The slight bags under her eyes was a dead giveaway, but everyone knows that makeup does wonders, it's just upsetting that it couldn't fix everything. Juliette wasn't even sure what needed to be fixed because of how quickly she kept being shattered this year.

(open I guess?)
@EveryoneAtPractice

Last edited:
tumblr_p983h3LbUC1tj09loo1_540.gifv
The doors folded back as Red stepped into the one and only, Westbrook High.
Straight away, in a few barren steps, Red was reminded how big of a happy family high school was. Counselors and school brochures couldn’t have put it more accurate, Red thought, as he witnessed the all so familiar casserole of high school life. Ducking the trapeze of a football fly over his head, Donnovan had only made it a square feet more when the locker to his left rattled with a lip-diving fervent couple. The hallway, in split seconds, became a sea of piranhas, and walking became a sport. Dodging left and right with a hard-line clasp on the straps of his backpack, he anxiously sought the door to his first class.
“Lost? Are you new or something?” He heard someone say like a distance echo.
Following the voice, he did not expect the dividend of attention from the girl who paused in front of him. For an inexplicable reason, the auburn looked like wanted to sock a jaw at any given moment. Staring at the girl, he opened his mouth.

Say something, you idiot.

Yet, she beat him to it.

"Do you want... help?"

“That-” he replied, reforming his speechlessness to a kosher smile, “Would be really helpful. I have no idea where I am going.” Letting his hands loosen and recess back to his sides, he skittishly added, “I’m Red. Red Donovan.”

“I actually just moved here from Brooklyn, just this past week, and-” Red exhaled softly, “It’s been something. But, you! You look like you’ve been here for a while, not that you look like anything in particular but-”

Nice start, Red. Nice start.

Acknowledging that he clearly lost his original fluidness that he had back in Brooklyn, he cut short, rephrasing while not trying to fumble over his words.

“What I’m trying to say is, thanks a lot for helping. Didn’t catch a name though, not that you have to tell me or anything like that.”

Winona Winona

source.gif

It wasn't very long before Ian's guest entered the kitchen. "Morning sunshine. Good to see you didn't die last night. Be sure to leave a review of your stay at Hotel Evans, because we care about your opinion and strive to be the best in the business." he flashed Alaska a grin as he took a sip of his coffee. He hoped that his jokes would put her more at ease. Waking up in a strangers home with probably little memory of the night before had to be pretty scary. Especially for a woman. "Yeah, no problem." he said tossing his phone to her. "Just don't look in images." another grin sent the brunette's way.

Ian could hear the yelling from the other end of the line from across the room. Whoever Alaska called was not happy with her. Understandably, but that much yelling seemed unnecessary. She was fine wasn't she? Once she had secured her ride she began playing with Gandalf. Ian watched them, feeling a little awkward. He wanted to say something, but what? Is this what happened after one night stands? If so you could definitely count that out for Ian. When her ride did finally show up she seemed very eager to leave, he assumed because of the awkwardness in the air. That was until the male who came to pick Alaska up started to yell.

Standing his ground, Ian didn't flinch as this guy tried to push his way to him. He was a little afraid of what he could do to him, sure. It was natural instinct to have some fear of an animal larger than you approaching you angrily. But after everything Ian had already suffered this just wasn't something he was logically afraid of. This guy could beat Ian within inches of his life, he'd just give death another wave and carry on.

Thankfully Ian wouldn't have to try and cheat death again, as Alaska screamed at the guy, Ryder apparently, and explained the situation. Then she did something sort of unexpected. She demanded Ryder apologize to Ian. Ian totally understood the anger Ryder likely had. Hell, he and his good friend Dwyer fought guys that had been harassing Sierra. There wasn't really a reason to apologize in Ian's eyes. Even more surprising, Ryder actually did apologize. "Uhh...yeah. No problem. Anytime." He'd rather not have to risk himself like that again, but if it came down to it, Ian knew he would. Every time. Maybe he had some sort of hero complex but he just always had to step in to shit like that. One day, especially now after his accident, it was going to get him killed. Ian returned Alaska's wave with a small smile. He realized he was holding his breath and let it out as he was left alone. He looked to his cat and chuckled. "Well she seemed nice and not at all a hazard to my safety. What do you think?" he asked the feline rhetorically.

Ian checked his phone again remembering that Ash still hadn't called him back. Guilt boiled up inside him and sped up his heart rate. He tried to slow it by taking deep breaths but he only felt his teeth clench in response. He felt an old urge rise inside him and his shoulders ached. Ian could hear his therapists voice in his head telling him to find something constructive to put that energy into. Ian made his way into the garage and approached his drumset. He hadn't played an instrument in months; he hadn't had the motivation since Nova left. However, these drums were now calling to him. He picked up the sticks carefully set on the snare and sat down in front of them. Perhaps playing would ease this anger, guilt and self-loathing. Ian shrugged, supposing it was worth a shot.

It started with a very simple beat. Something a beginner would learn so Ian could get back into the rhythm of it, pun not intended. Then, seeing as he felt no relief he got into faster and faster beats. His grip on his sticks tightened more and more as the tempo increased to the point his fingernails were digging into his skin. He didn't stop though, he kept going. He attempted to play YYZ by Rush because of it's difficulty, and every time he inevitably failed he would start over and play harder. By the time he got so frustrated with his failures that he wanted to quit his hands were beginning to bleed. But Ian wasn't done with his self-inflicted punishment yet. He moved on to Hot For Teacher by Van Halen. Once again every time he slipped up in the slightest, missed one beat, he'd start over. Blood was starting to drip down his drumsticks and sweat was getting into his eyes. He must have been playing for almost two hours now. His throat was parched and he was exhausted but he couldn't force himself to stop. Every time he'd start over he'd pant to himself "Just one more." Ian couldn't tell if this exercise was dealing with his emotions or making them worse.

Somewhere around the two and a half hour mark and 35th attempt Ian screamed out in frustration and threw his sticks across the garage. His hands shook uncontrollably and they felt like they were vibrating, like when you operate a vacuum for a long time. His body ached, he was breathing heavily, and he was drenched in sweat. He dropped his head into his palms and couldn't tell what was falling down his face; blood, sweat, or tears. At least he was playing music again, right?

~

The next few days were much more calm for Ian compared to the weekend. He felt drained from his drumming session, both physically and emotionally. It had especially done a number on his hip. His walk was much slower this week than the previous one and it was a constant pain. Sitting still was near impossible. So far only two good things had happened to him this week. First, he discovered that Alaska was in his physics class. That was neat. Second was that Ash finally messaged him back and was coming back from wherever she was hiding. He promised he would take better care of her, yes that is what he said last time around too, but this time was different. He was done being the nice guy about taking care of his friends. It clearly didn't work. He was going to be tough on them from now on. His friends would get better even if it killed him damn it.

By the time Wednesday rolled around Ian was still sore but was sort of excited for sports after school. Yeah he wasn't actually an athlete, only a lowly waterboy, but Ash was coming back today and that was both exciting and a relief. Hopefully he could keep an eye out for her, and Tatum too. Technically Ian was the waterboy for all the sports but he tended to stick closer to the cheerleaders, rather than the football players. Not because he was ogling them or anything, but the girls didn't look down on him like the guys did. It was like the football guys thought of him as lesser of a person because he didn't play. Whereas the girls just saw him as some guy. Granted there were exceptions of course, on both sides, but for the most part the cheerleaders were friendlier. Wow, not a statement Ian ever thought would become true.

Ian was running a little late because he had to lug the water cooler by himself and with his hip being worse than usual it was not an easy task. Everything felt like it was uphill. By the time he made it to the field there were plenty of people already there. He spotted Brayden, whom he gave a smile and a nod too. Brayden seemed like a cool, decent guy. One of the only people willing to help Ian pull Ash and Tatum from their spirals. Everyone else seemed to only want to make things worse. He also spotted Tatum and gave her a raised eyebrow look. The kind that said I'm keeping an eye on you, keep up the good behavior.

Lastly, Ian saw Ash; stomping over to Kanen, Mason, and Stu. There was no way that was going to go over well so he set the water cooler down on a bench and began the walk over. Due to his pace he could only watch as everything unfolded in front of him. Some girl with rainbow hair going over, Ash shoving Stu down, Stu saying one of the worst things Ian could think of to say to Ash, Ash punching him in the face in retaliation, and finally some random girl rushing over to try and pull Ash away. Christ this was a shitshow. At least Ian was here for this one. His pace quickened, despite his body's protests, and he finally made it to the small group. He pushed his way past the brunette who had first 'stopped' the fight to get to Ash, giving her a grateful nod.

Ian grabbed Ash by the shoulders and began to pull her off the field. "Alright, that's enough for today, you're coming with me." His voice was stern and father-like. It almost felt like he was pulling Ash to time out. His eyes then caught on to the girl with the rainbow hair and he stopped dead in his tracks. Was that...Morgan? No, there was no way...right? While he was distracted Ash's flailing attempts to break free caused an elbow to land right into Ian's ribs, knocking more air out of his lungs then he'd care to admit. He gritted his teeth and refocused himself on getting Ash away from the group. He looked at Morgan and grinned with clenched teeth from the pain radiating in his side. "It's great to see you Morgan. We need to catch up. If you'll please excuse for a moment."

It was a struggle the whole way but Ian finally managed to pull Ash a little ways away from everyone else. He spun her around to face him and looked into her eyes. His weren't filled with anger, but concern. "Look at me Ash. Take some deep breaths and calm down. Can you do that for me?" His tone was remained paternal. Hopefully his presence still had a calming effect on her like it did before that party. Hopefully that Ash wasn't dead now. a z u l a a z u l a Luna_Marie Luna_Marie Winona Winona Mentions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Dede Dede geminiy geminiy

tenor.gif

Sha'nay

The fact that he had picked up on the fact that she had switched schools so soon, and that it was related to Tadita frankly pissed her off. She sniffed lightly and kept staring at him with the same smile.

Don't lose it.

The thought of following Tadita for any reason seemed to tick her off more than she would have liked to admit. Why would she, a 4.0 student, the daughter of a nurse, a cheerleader, bonafide hot girl with over 20k followers on instagram wanna follow around a bum like Tadita? A pot-smoking loser who had nothing going for her?

Of course, Shay wasn't going to say any of that to a total stranger, but God did she want to. She wanted everyone to know how much she wanted nothing to do with Tadita. She felt like she had to prove for whatever reason that she didn't follow her ex to Westbrook. "No, no. It does seem kinda weird, but we aren't that close- we haven't been that close for a while."

She watched Zac with soft, dark eyes. She seemed like she genuinely cared, as if he was the most sweetest and fascinating thing in the whole world- and in that moment, he was. he wanted as much information about him as she could get. "Does your ex go to Westbrook?" She asked and tilted her head, biting the inside of her cheek. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

Winona Winona

tenor.gif

Sha'nay

He may be able to keep her safe for then, but for how long?

Everyone knew Ash? That wasn't good. That meant that either she had done something to become famous, or infamous. Either way, it shoved the girl into the spotlight and it would make her an easy target. It would be easy to ask around about her- and if she was lucky, she could be heated enough for people to just talk about her without Shay even having to ask! Maybe Ash just made a fool of herself on a regular basis, and she could put together the puzzle pieces on her own.

God, that would make her life easy. And if she befriended Ash- she could figure out the power dynamics between the other elites at Westbrook. But at what cost? Being associated with an idiot? A whore? A druggie? Shay didn't know what Ash had done yet.. but she had some homework to do. Some easy stuff, searching her up on social media..

Looking through her mentions and twitter profile..

This might be easier than she thought. "She sounds really cool." She smiled brightly, seeming more relaxed as her mind was racing with all sorts of calculations and plots to worm her way into these people's lives and use them to her advantage. "I'll be sure to say hi and totally get to know her, I could use some new friends." She smiled.

Checking her phone and looking at the time, her eyes widened. "Shoot." She sighed. "I gotta go, these crab legs can't be out in the heat too much longer. It was really nice meeting you! Ciao!" She called over her shoulder as she sashayed away to her jeep, putting the crab legs in the back and hopping inside, promptly taking off.​

Image result for chloe norgaard gif
Morgan Ara Before she could even blink, some kind of furry kid took a swipe at her camera. "Hey watch it fucko." Morgan gasped and jumped back, bumping into several football players. Angrily shoving her things back into her bag, she perked up at a familiar voice. Quicker than her mind could process the information, Morgan stood and whipped her head. "Ian? Is this forreal?" She watched in disbelief as he guided the girl away, calming her, a specialty of his. Morgan couldnt count the time Ian had to hold her as she cried for her mother, or came down from a bad trip. Grumbling to herself about a shitty welcome wagon, she found herself wandering off to another outdoor space. Looking up, she spotted a cheerleader sitting alone, it was the girl who called off practice. With a short shrug, Morgan plopped herself down on the ground in front of the bench, leaning against a tree beside it. "Hey, too bad about that shit show. Everyone over there is acting like they are on a coke binge." She whipped out her bag of grapes from earlier and slipped one between her lips. "That mascot or whatever tried to fuck up my camera, which is totally not a good vibe."

Soap Soap

Noah Stewart
Noah on rocks comres 2.gif
It was nice of Chase to take Noah home. It wasn't like Noah couldn't drive himself home, he probably could, but it wasn't the smartest idea to when you are tipsy/slightly drunk, especially if you cannot drive normally even when you are completely sober.

It was nice that Chase shared the same opinion about Westbrook as Noah did. Noah used to be one of the people who liked all of the drama which happened on the daily, but after everything Westbrook did to him, he realized that he, in fact, doesn't like drama and that he should steer clear of it.

The next few days after the party were just normal school days. It was weird, the first week of school, adjusting to having to wake up early, actually going to school and not watching Netflix or reading sappy teenage romance novels all the time, but Noah could easily adapt and adjust to any sort of situation in a short amount of time, so after that first week, he was ready to get those A's and B's and earn all of those track scholarships, especially the UCLA one, even though it was a long shot.

Currently, it was Wednesday, just after lunch. Noah had lunch plans with Gia, his newly-acquired friend whom he helped open her locker. She called him a fortune cookie when they first talked, and Noah just can't help but melt at that comparison. Unfortunately, Noah couldn't make it to lunch because he forgot his sneakers for track and field at home and needed to hurry and drive home to get them before practice started. Knowing Noah, it took him about 20 minutes longer than it should take somebody to drive that distance, but in his defense, he did only run into one trash can this time, and that was really good in Noah's case.

Another thing which Noah forgot was his buddy Tom. He forgot to drive Tom home so he wouldn't have to spend the entirety of practice in school, but now, sadly, he had to. Well, it wasn't all that bad because Tom and Noah could now spend quality time together, because, after all, they did live in the same house now, and if that wasn't a reason to try and spend quality time with somebody, what would be?

"So, what's up in the freshman world?" Noah asked Tom, while sitting on the track stretching. He was going to ask Gia that, but it was always good to get multiple sources. "Did any particular girl catch your attention this or the past week? A boy perhaps?" Noah didn't know what Tom liked, perhaps he didn't like anything, which was okay, more than okay even. If he was asexual he would get out of all the unnecessary Westbrook romance drama. Nevertheless, Noah wasn't asexual and he still didn't have any romance drama whatsoever, so asexual people were like doubly protected from romance, or perhaps Noah just had zero game.

Interactions: Dede Dede (Tom)
Mentions: a z u l a a z u l a (Chase), Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Gia)​

Mason
tumblr_inline_n9ptsoICja1sg1l5j.gif

There really was nothing that Mason could've done, right? He felt like he should've been there to protect Stu's nose, or to keep him from toppling to the ground, but just like most things in Mason's life, he was seconds too late. Stu was back up on his feet, trying to swing at the rainbow girl's camera, but Mason didn't think that Ash would grab him and punch him.

He tried to move up to push Ash away from Stu, but a different brunette bitch did. It was probably for the best because even though Ash was a girl, Mason really wanted to make her bleed, too. A million different insults rolled through his mind, but Mason bit down on his tongue and kept his personal feelings to himself. Feelings such as Stu was right, but too nice. Mason wished the stupid little blonde bitch had died in that accident. Bitches didn't deserve to live.

"Fuck, dude, did she break your nose?" There was blood, and Mason had pushed himself to be in-between the dark-haired girl and Stu. Ash was still yelling about something, but then he could hear someone dragging her away. Good. Maybe they would shove her in the road and let her get hit by a car. A glance over his shoulder, though, killed those hopes. It was stupid Ian.

"Do you need me to take you to the hospital or something? I don't have a car, but I can make Noah take us or something. Can you breathe? Does it hurt?" Maybe he was frantic, but whatever. Mason had bled a thousand times and didn't blink an eye, but the moment someone he cared about was hurt? Mason panicked.

Dede Dede

Ash
Very Sad Girl.gif

She wanted to shove this girl that came out of nowhere, moving between her and Stu. "Get the hell out of my way," Ash snapped, and started to try and push her out of the way, but then Ian decided to try and stop this stupid fight. And despite the stupid accident he had been in, and the fact that she knew he wasn't as strong as he used to be, Ian was still able to keep her contained. Which just served to piss her off more. She tried to push her way around Ian, but to no avail.

That is, until he got distracted enough by that rainbow haired bitch, and Ash tried once again to get around him, even elbowing him in the ribs. By accident, of course. But before she could get back to Stu, Ian had her again and was pushing her away from everyone else. She finally let out a huff in defeat, and marched off of the field, her arms crossed over her chest and her gaze on the ground and her back to Ian. Ash didn't want to talk about this. But she knew Ian would make her.

Sure enough, he spun her around and asked her what the hell. "He drank out of the juice container." Ash explained, as if that made total sense and validated what had jut happened. "And his dad did nothing! He just asked him to get a cup. It's not fair. If I had done that, and my mom I had caught me, she would've--" she caught herself, huffing and shaking her head. "Look it just. I hate him. He's at our stupid house and our parents are acting like we're some happy family, and Jace likes him, and he gets away with stupid things. My mom treats him better than she treats us, and it's not fair." She wondered what would have happened if her mother had seen Stu instead of his dad.

Nothing. Her mother would have done nothing.

"They have this... this family, and I don't fit there. And I don't fit in my dad's life, or on the cheer team, or at school. I don't fit anywhere." She hated it. Feeling alone, even if she was surrounded by people. "I don't belong here anymore, because I'm just the girl that killed the Grace Jackson, and I don't want to hate Grace but I do. I hate her for being in this stupid coma. I hate her for being in that car. And sometimes I think like, 'Well if she had been driving, if it was reversed, Grace would be blamed and hated.' But she wouldn't be. No one would've cared. They would have... have been thrilled that Grace was alive, and then forgotten about me. Fuck, my parents would've pulled the plug by now and no one would blink an eye. And you can say that none of this is true, but it is. Everyone know it is."

"I know I should've been in that coma. Not Grace. I know that and I know I should be dead, so I don't need people constantly reminding me of it. I just... I don't belong here. I don't belong in Westbrook."

Ash had relaxed visibly, her gaze still focused on the ground at her feet. Absently, she started kicking at a clump of grass, trying to distract herself. Trying to relax but she couldn't. Her fingers dug into the skin on her arms, and she ran her tongue along her teeth for a moment before biting down, relishing in the little bit of pain.

"I think I need help. But I don't think help would help. What if I'm just... too far gone? I feel like I'm dead already, so why not just take that final step? We have morphine at home, and I know where it is. It would be so easy to overdose and then in ten minutes, I would be... nothing. It would be easy, right?"

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Sawyer
Sawyer had no idea how long she'd been sitting in this back achingly uncomfortable hospital chair. Almost as soon as practice was over, Sawyer had booked it to the hospital. Sawyer had missed the last two days and there was a lot to talk about. She found it oddly therapeutic to just talk to Grace about anything and everything, even if she wasn't sure the other girl could hear her she still talked. Sawyer would sit here in this chair, holding Grace's hand and just rambling and rambling. She would stay until it got dark, well past visiting hours, until her grandmother called her and told her to get home. There was the odd occasion where Sawyer would fall asleep in that chair and a nurse would come to wake her and tell her to go home. The nurses had gotten used the Sawyer's constant presence and had no problem with her being around. She had even gotten onto a first-name basis with some of them. Sometimes Stu would be there and he and Sawyer would talk about things or just sit in silence. She was thankful for the company sometimes. There was the occasion where Sawyer would bring her guitar and play for Grace. She hadn't done that in a while so now Sawyer sat in that chair with her guitar resting against her knee, strumming quietly as not to disturb anyone.

"I think everyone's doing okay," Sawyer spoke softly over her strumming, "Maybe not Ash but that's partly my fault. I should never have even talked to her, I know." She sighed, "I feel really bad. I pretty sure she probably hates me now. I deserve that, though. I deserve a lot of things. Like a good kick in the shin every now and then." Sawyer chuckled and her strumming stopped. She just looked at Grace, lying there in those starch white sheets that were entirely unbefitting of her. It was strange how peaceful someone could look. Like maybe it was better if they just stayed sleeping forever. Sawyer wondered briefly if coma patients could dream. Sawyer couldn't imagine if they had nightmares, she could hardly handle her own and she wasn't in a coma. She hoped that Grace didn't have nightmares.

"Anyway, I promised you I would get your blanket. Your brother decided he was a ninja or some shit and stole it. He should be here soon." Sawyer glanced at the clock, soon. Her strumming continued, "I think you'll like him. He's a big nerd but in a kind of endearing way. He reminds me of you sometimes, you have the same eyes." Sawyer was interrupted by the door opening and Greyson Jackson stepping in. He glanced around like a wary criminal and Sawyer rolled her eyes at him. She placed her guitar to the side and stood.

"You're such a weirdo." She reached out, "Let me have the blanket."

Soap Soap

Stu

ToI7fKP.gif

There was a ripple in the fabric of space and time, as if at once all the atoms in their vibrant plenitude were cast astray, and the Universe itself descended into a primordial state of anarchy and chaos. Oh wait... no, it was just Ash’s fist connecting with his nose.

And boy did she strike well. In one single hurl and with great centrifugal menace she sent his brain cells, of which there were few to begin with, bouncing off in all directions. Some ended up as far north as Greenland, where the Vikings made landfall in 985 AD, others circumnavigated the globe much more ambitiously than Ferdinand Magellan and ended up right where they started – that’s to say, out his one ear and back the other. Since light travelled faster than sound, by the time anyone heard the crunching noise Ash’s knuckles had already left a crater the size of the moon across his face. Yes, Ash was always destined for fame, but who knew she would have done it by becoming the first woman on the moon?

So yes, it hurt. A fair bit, too. But still not as much as the sink. What sink, you may ask? Why, the sink of course. The sink was the gold standard by which all further injuries inflicted on this punching bag of a boy would be measured against. No flying tooth? No hospital.

He told Mason as much. He was too young to die, and nothing guaranteed death like a ride with Noah. ‘Leave me alone,’ he said testily. ‘I’m fine.’ The state of face would have suggested otherwise. There was blood dripping to his chin and making deep red his otherwise white fluffy wolf belly.

Regardless he marched off the field with something of a pout. Has anyone ever seen so much angst packed into a single little life form? Unlikely. The Westbrook Wolf was the angstiest wolf in all the lands, from here to the Nile to the Euphrates to the Salty Sea.

Winona Winona @ Anyone else still at practice

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_oo3zcrF5If1uogu26_250.gifv

Tatum had been shocked when Ash had shoved the playbook into her hands, she wanted everyone to be part of the team even though all of them were a mess, what bothered her more was when JJ just took the book and stormed off. It wasn’t like she had wanted to fight with anyone and as much as she couldn’t stand JJ, she had also wanted a decent practice. And of course, all hell was breaking loose around them and there was nothing she could even do. All she could do was witness as Stu tried to break a girl’s camera, and the Ash losing it on Stu and then she punched him. Tatum could only stare in shock as everything escalated around her. She had been trying not to cause any problems, but Ash was a mess at the moment. It wasn’t like Tatum herself was any better, but she hadn’t punched anyone today. She almost wanted to blame Mason, but this was caused by Stu and Ash, “Way too fucking go, I’m done with you males. You know nothing but fighting. No wonder no girls ever want you.” She didn’t even want to deal with Brayden so instead she walked off the field and saw JJ sitting with the rainbow girl. She didn’t really want to talk with JJ so instead she pulled out her phone and messaged the brunette. She owed an apology this time and she did want her help so that meant sucking up her pride and being a better person.

When she got back to the car she sat on the hood and waited for Brayden she really had nothing left that she wanted to deal with. She missed Caleb and he had been silent with her and she understood why so she had given up hope on talking with him again, Ian was busy with Ash and Brayden was talking to the new cheerleader so for a moment she was alone with her thoughts. She hated being alone with her thoughts and herself.

Winona Winona Dede Dede Soap Soap and anyone else at the practice
--
fb749e300c22ce39e7c3594dc9c24b33.gif

Brayden looked at the flirtatious girl in front of him, she was just as beautiful, and she struck his fancy. He only shrugged at the other girls comment about not wanting to be the center of attention. He hadn’t really met too many girls who didn’t like being in the center of everyone and have their beauty witness. Hell, even rainbow girl had liked being in the center. He watched as she disappeared to get more shots of the football players and turned his attention back to Bella, “I’m Brayden. A pleasure to meet you. Your company isn’t too bad to look at either.” He gave the brunette a wink. She was more forward than her sister and he enjoyed a girl who knew what she liked.

As soon as he was getting to talk with Bella all hell broke out on the field. The mascot tried to knock down rainbow girl’s camera, Ash grabbed the mascot and then he watched the punch happen. He was worried about Tatum and when he looked over, she looked confused and frustrated. He could see she said something and then she stormed off and glared at him. He was confused as to everything that was happening, “Well, it looks like practice is over for you.” He could only let out a sigh, “Welcome to Westbrook, where nothing ever goes right.” He paused for a moment, “Besides meeting you. That hasn’t gone bad.” He figured he could shoot his shot with her. He didn’t really see the point in not having a little fun at the terrible school known as Westbrook.

geminiy geminiy
--
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7a615f5761646d6f773454535f673d3d2d3534342e313461376537356130663563393365323134373834323830323330352e676966

Gia was brought out of her thoughts and people watching when a voice caught her attention and said her name, “Yeah, I go by Gia though. Everyone says my name wrong usually and Gia is easier.” She gave a smile to Milos he was nice kind of cute and his smile made her feel like she could become friends with him. She took his hand and shook it in her tiny one, “It’s nice to meet you Milos. I’ m excited to be in theater.” She beamed. It was a dorky thing to like but Gia loved everything about drama and the fact that everyone became a family. She really liked having a group of people that were family.

She looked at everything around her, “So what exactly happens at a drama practice? You seem like you’ve been to a few practices.” She was trying to make friendly conversation with Milos, she wanted friends and he seemed like a good one to have. He seemed more positive then some of the other students at Westbrook.

Winona Winona

Juliette
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6e51486b596e62766965716367773d3d2d3633323039393238362e313535346665313735346236393165353431333131353737343333342e676966

The brunette looked up from the playbook to see some random who happened to be on the field earlier. Maybe not extremely random, she'd seen the girl before but she couldn't place where. Probably wandering around the hallways or they had a class together. Either way, JJ didn't pay too much attention to the people she didn't know. A slight chuckle escaped her from the drug comment before she shrugged. "It's whatever, It was stupid of me to think anyone would actually listen to my ideas." All in all, Juliette was just shocked she wasn't the one who had gotten into a fist fight today.

Temporary cheer captain was still cheer captain, and if she didn't have a team who was willing to listen to her, what business did she have being one?

She did have to admit it seem uncharacteristically rude of the mascot to pick on a girl JJ assumed he didn't know. She didn't know the blonde boy very well, but he didn't seem like one for violence. Whatever the case was with the guy, JJ was glad she wasn't in charge for next practice. Tatum should have a time dealing with him and Ash together in the gymnasium because after today, who would really want to practice on the field? "You should've kicked the little nerd." Just because JJ didn't know him well, doesn't mean she liked him. What? It was a shitty thing to do and he deserved the probably weak punch Ash gave him.

Luna_Marie Luna_Marie

Greyson
23d3e2b789d86b6fa0f09b041afe562226153ef1.gif

Greyson lifted a hand up to his lips in haste.

"Shhhh."

Unzipping the dark blue backpack with many patches of video game characters probably no one knew. Well, except for Mario and maybe Kirby because everyone knew who those guys were. He reached in and lifted the blanket out of his bag, being careful for it not to touch the floor, hospitals are supposed to be sterile or whatever but that's just gross. "One watermelon, fresh from the manure field your spookiness." He bowed and handed the blanket to Sawyer. Before she could call him out on being a little weird behind it, he explained. "It's from SpongeBob. Have you ever seen SpongeBob? Never mind. Okay, I have to go. Kate is letting me and my mom use her kitchen to make lasagna!" He patted Grace's hand and Sawyer's head before moving to the door.

"Aren't I the best ninja ever? Come to Grace's house if you want the most amazing lasagna ever, see you bye." And with that, the odd boy rushed out of the hospital almost sneakily as he came in.

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_p8dpxp8L6S1urqydq_500.gifv

Jacqueline Dupont

With the blonde being pulled of the field and the tension slowly dying, Jackie brushed her dark hair out of her face and let out a heavy sigh. How people could go from getting a cheer practice together to having a full on war on the football field was beyond her. Its like people couldn't speak about their problems, instead resorting to violence which had ended up breaking some kid's nose.

Jackie watched intently as the mascot stormed off the field, with a clearly busted up face. She looked at the dark haired boy with the panicked face and offered a calm smile. "I'll go make sure he's okay. If his nose is broken, I'll set it for him seeing as he's rather set on not going to the hospital. It might help to have someone he doesn't know help." Jackie offered, immediately switching from protective big sister mode to caring big sister mode. Bella would come home with a busted nose more times than Jackie could count on her fingers, so putting them back in place was a specialty of hers.

She took off in a jog to catch up with the younger boy, worried about the bleeding and the busted nose. "Hey!" She called out, running past the boy and stopping just in front of him. "If you're going to refuse to go to the doctor, at least let me fix that nose for you. The last thing you need is to permanently damage your nose. Fixing it won't take but a moment." Jackie explained softly, hoping that the little ball of rage would at least consider letting her set his nose. "If you aren't careful, your breathing could be permanently hindered. And I doubt you can fix it yourself with your, um, paws." Jackie added, the concern visible in her eyes. "But if you really don't want the help, I'll go."

| mason Winona Winona stu Dede Dede |

tumblr_nm0ghdT33Y1tlmbsuo4_250.gifv

Isabelle Dupont

Bella watched as her sister ran onto the field after the rainbow haired girl, Morgan, had joined the brawl. Bella rolled her eyes and sat down on the bleachers beside Brayden. "Leave it to Jackie the Hero to break up every fight she comes across." Bella sighed, watching as the tension grew higher like flames to a tended fire. As Ash's fist connected with the mascot's face, Bella visibly cringed, almost hearing the crack of bone from the bleachers. "Damn, that must have hurt." Bella mused aloud, nibbling on her bottom lip.

She raised an eyebrow slightly as JJ stormed off the field with her playbook, wondering why she hadn't stayed to resume the practice. It seemed as if all the cheerleaders were not interested in actually doing the sport, instead falling deeply and madly in love with the drama and the violence. "Are you sure that this is a cheer practice and not a rehearsal for some kind of play? I mean, these girls are more dramatic than most of the theatre kids I know." Bella chuckled, leaning forward and bracing herself on her knees.

Bella laughed at Brayden's words, flashing him a smile. "I don't know if I'd call fight club a practice but honestly, things not going as planned is kind of fun. When life is all planned out with every dot on every "I" and every cross on every "t", there's no room for adventure." Bella explained, watching as people slowly broke away from the group on the field.

A soft blush danced across Bella's cheeks. "Well, meeting you has definitely been more of a warm welcome than I could have ever hoped for." Bella flirted. She quickly hopped off the bleachers and grabbed her phone out of her bag before heading back up to Brayden. She opened a blank contact and offered her phone to Brayden. "Here, you can give me your phone number if you want? I get the feeling that this won't be the last we see of each other." Bella offered with a wink. At least she hoped that's what would happen, Brayden seemed like one of the few respectable and level-headed people in this town. Him being easy on the eyes was definitely a bonus too.

| brayden Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler |​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back