Westbrook Season 2

Sawyer
Sawyer had to admit to being a but incredulous. She was more surprised that JJ had told Toby she loved him then that Toby hadn't returned the sentiment. JJ just didn't seem the type to fall in love that fast, and maybe Sawyer was biased because she didn't much care for Toby but she had to admit to being a little surprised. Sawyer remembered when she'd told Grace that she loved her. That memory hazed her over a little and she had to blink and shake her head to refocus back on JJ. Sawyer didn't know what she would've done if Grace hadn't said she loved her back. She can imagine it would've hurt just as much as when Grace ended things. All of this processed into the fact that JJ was probably pretty hurt and she really wanted to tell Toby off. Okay, maybe that was a little too far, he couldn't help it if he didn't feel anything for her, but why date someone you don't like? That was something only Toby could answer and he probably needed to answer it fast before he hurt her for real.

"I'm sure he doesn't hate you." Sawyer assured, her voice uncharacteristically soft, "It's hard to tell someone stuff like that sometimes. He can't hate you for having feelings." She adjusted herself so the she was sitting cross-legged and facing JJ, "If anything is ruined it's not your fault. It would be his. If you really love him and you were brave enough to say it and he doesn't, then that's not anything you can help. Maybe he's not ready? I don't know." Sawyer wasn't the best pep talker but she knew exactly how to gross JJ out. She leaned forward so close to JJ that their noses we're almost touching.

"It's okay, JJ." Sawyer grinned, "I loooovveee youuuuu." She started making kissy noises at her.

Soap Soap

sebastian & colby
f4e7be06335cac33e4b19dda1cb100950d6ce793.gif
tumblr_inline_p8skufiEXp1tzhfij_400.gifv

With: Tatum, Brayden Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Colby was pretty sure Tatum hadn't been “home sick”, but he wasn’t going to call her out on it. If he were in a gloomy state like her, he wouldn’t want some jerk doing that to him. Although, she might really end up being sick if she didn’t eat enough or at least drink some water.

“Well, you know, us new kids gotta stick together to stay sane in a shit-place like this. I’m kinda surprised I haven’t annoyed him away so far.” Then, Colby leaned closer to Brayden and whispered, his voice low enough for only his friend to hear, “You sure it’s okay for her to be out at school now?”

“You screwed up what? What happened?” Sebastian asked Tatum. Would she really answer him? He noticed the look Brayden gave him, understanding it, and glanced down at the food tray given to him. It was obvious that she was sinking into a downward spiral, almost like Ash—almost, not exactly the same in every way, but similar. Sebastian hoped she wasn’t too stubborn to accept any (healthy) help, too. How was he supposed to help anyone if they were too stupidly stubborn to recognize their own problem and try fixing it before it gets worse? All he could do now was just be there and listen.

“If you screwed up something, then figure out what went wrong and try again if it’s worth it,” Colby said nonchalantly. That could apply to anything. Sure, he didn’t know Tatum’s entire situation, but he guessed one part of it. He was at the birthday party, too, among the crowd. He wasn’t too far to witness drunk Tatum making a guy uncomfortable. That moment looked awkward and maybe a bit emotionally painful. But Tatum couldn’t be mopey from it forever. Colby had assumed she was this badass chick who wouldn’t let some blonde pretty boy or small mishap put her down too long and then do something about it. Like, no big deal, there's always tomorrow to take action or something like that.

Juliette
WelltodoPopularBigmouthbass-max-1mb.gif

It was a little hard to actually believe Sawyer, but she made good points. Not that Juliette felt better about any of it because she kind of expected the weird terrible fairy tale romance, y'know the kind where she'd just talk to them and suddenly they'd fall in love with her. She kind of felt like she was starting to have bad luck in love. Her track record was Bryan, Zach kind of? And... well, Toby. Juliette isn't sure what exactly she does wrong.

She narrowed her eyes at the blonde when she invaded her personal space, unfortunately for JJ, she couldn't lean any farther back into the bed. She rolled her eyes and her face tightened with disgust. "Ew, go away." She pushed Sawyer backwards ending in a small thump onto the floor.

It was a nice gesture, but Sawyer wasn't the person she wanted love from.

"Save your sloppy kisses for someone who actually wants them."

giphy.gif

Mike Robinson
Crap, not only did Mike miss the first day of the school year at his new school, but he forgot to set an alarm the day before. The boy seemed to have a streak of bad luck that only seemed to continue this morning. All it took was a splash in the face from his mama and a few friendly swear words and he was dressed and fed pretty quickly. He rushed into the school, with a backpack slumped over his arm and a Saxophone in his hand. "Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap! Of course this is how you make a first impression to a bunch of people you don't know and have never met you! I need to hurry before I look even more like an absolute idiot." There was a pep in the young boy's step. A small bit of sweat fell down his forehead as he finds out everyone's in the lunchroom. "What? I missed half the day... For crying out loud Mike!"

Mike hangs his head in defeat, opening the cafeteria doors to meet his future classmates. Sadly, it's about as crowded and loud as he expected. The cafeteria was absolutely bustling with different personalities and friend groups. Great, now I'll never sit at a table with someone, I guess I'll just sit at an empty table or something. Maybe try again tomorrow.. Thought the brown boy. hat an awful way to start out in a town like this. Missed the first day, late as hell to the second day to the point of it being a waste of time to attend, and being a loner in a sea of people who don't even know you're there. Awesome.

Though, he could very well sit at a table with a small amount of people. Even if it would be a little bit of a weird thing to do, why the hell not? If they're going to have an interesting conversation, why not include yourself in it and make it three times as interesting? Or completely ruin it and make a fool out of yourself and embarrase the others... whatever! It's now or never to take his shot in this new school of opportunity. He looked around, though most tables seem to be a little too.. busy to want even more attention and members to distract them. How about that table of three over there? They seem like the type of people to not be assholes to new people. He might as well take a shot and try this new social scene out. Oh boy, little did he know that this would be a wild ride he wouldn'i be ready for...

He walked over to the three, one dude and two girls, and sat down unprompted. "Soooo, how're ya'll doin'? I only missed half of the day and I feel great after... 13 hours of sleep?" He said in an attempt to join the fray.

dendygar dendygar (Tadita)
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Cam)
Winona Winona (Ava)

Zander
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f30614177336e6f4c5378423561773d3d2d34382e313462306236363736333163613864643331393832353731393833342e676966

So the last thing that Zander had expected was for another person to join him and this shy, overly anxious guy that looked like he just wanted to disappear into the locker behind him. He wondered if the guy had ever even been in a locker because Zander could say, from personal experience, that being in lockers was not fun at all.

Trying to get this guy to spit out his answer to Zander's question was like pulling teeth, but Zander tried to keep that bright smile on his face and easy-going attitude. Sometimes, people would relax if they thought you weren't judging them, and if you just... pretended like you didn't notice the total awkward, social anxiety thing that was going on right in front of him. At least the girl didn't seem to have any issues with talking or... anything, which made this somewhat easier.

"A photographer? I wish, but like... I get distracted by stupid things. Making good pictures is hard." Now what didn't feel quite as hard was spray painting things. It was easy. It was relaxing. Of course, unless you accidentally breathed in the spray paint fumes. Then there was a lot of coughing and questioning your life choices and sometimes, a high.

"C'mon, I'll show you guys what I did." Zander gestured for the two to follow him and started towards the gym. "No way they washed the whole thing off yet. It's a masterpiece. Real art and like, I can't believe I even got suspended for it." Ridiculous. And yeah, he probably should head back to suspension soon, but...

Whatever.

"Oh, and I'm Zander."

@Twin Fantasy Luna_Marie Luna_Marie

Sawyer
Sawyer had just been pushed onto the floor. She gasped and splayed haphazardly on the floor, her legs still resting against the side of the bed and sticking straight up in the air. Sawyer groaned as she got up, rubbing the back of her head and glaring at JJ. She returned to her spot on the bed with a huff.

"I'm a great kisser and you know it." She stuck her tongue out at JJ, "May I remind you that you kissed me. " Sawyer crossed her arms over her chest with a huff. Plenty of people had told her she was a good kisser. JJ didn't know what she was talking about. Sawyer was the best and her confidence would not be wavered. She reached down and pulled her boots off her feet and sat them carefully on the floor as not to anger JJ. Sawyer leaned back into the pillows and let out a final sigh.

"I'm drunk so I'm gonna stay here and you have no say in this matter."

Soap Soap

Martin & Stu

Martin3.png

FoSIRY7.gif

Martin had been illegally photocopying some worksheets for students when his son waltzed into the staffroom like he owned the place and gave him a small fright. He proceeded to tell him all about Ash and how she was coming home.

‘What, right now?’

‘Yeah,’ Stu said. ‘Let’s go.’

‘Did she say anything else?’

‘No.’

‘Show me.’

Stu huffed impatiently as Martin pried the phone from his hands. He glanced at Jace’s messages but was made none the wiser by the wall of memes that he was trying to scroll through, but in vain.

HappyMeal -> BeanieJace (Last Friday)

how-i-how-i-think-i-look-wearing-a-beanie-10901919.png

‘Well, I'd better go get Elise first,’ Martin said. ‘I’ll meet you at the car.’

It turned out Elise was in a meeting, a very important meeting indeed, which had spilled into the lunch hour. And so it was just father and son, like the old days, riding home and getting stuck in the traffic together -- something they hadn’t done in a while -- even though they barely spoke along the way. It was as though they had forgotten how to talk to each other.

When they got to the mansion Stu went inside and sent his backpack flying over the sofa. He went over to the island in the kitchen and grabbed the apple juice because he was parched. And Elise wasn’t there to tell him off which meant he could drink right from the bottle. Then he kicked the fridge door closed just for that extra satisfaction before he went looking for his beanie bro Jace.

Winona Winona

Jace & Ash
87ecee9346811f1968f3feb6d1268c3e60bb7f73.gif
3ae39b16c9de6111c969c7b278988876.gif

He'd been worried, for obvious reasons. Ash had finally called him and, although he'd tried to ask her a series of questions, Ash has bypassed them all to tell him that she was on her way. On her way home. Jace wasn't oblivious to the fact that if it hadn't been for Kanen harassing Ash on Twitter, she probably wouldn't have come home. For once, he actually had a little bit of respect for the previous felon for chasing his little sister home. But now, he had to wait.

So he'd been pacing. A lot. Jace had been pacing a lot throughout the past five days. Pacing, crying, and unable to sleep. How could Ash just... leave them without a word? Sure, he'd seen the Twitter videos -- he'd watched them over and over -- and had hated himself for not going to that stupid party. For letting Ash go to it alone.

Was it his fault? For trusting Ash's friends to keep her safe?

He heard the door open, and Jace was running into the front room, heart pounding... only to run into Stu drinking apple juice out of the bottle. Gross. The smile on his face disappeared, and he looked down at Stu with a small frown. "Oh uh... hey. Sorry I thought you were Ash. Shouldn't you be at school? I guess I thought you were coming later."

And then, the door opened again.

Ashton West hadn't stepped foot into this stupid mansion in five days. Five long, glorious days. She had missed some things since she had all but disappeared, but this house and her mother had definitely not been one of them. No, Ash desperately just... wanted to be anywhere but here. But Kanen was a dick, and she had to come home at some point.

However, stepping into the house, Ash hadn't expected to see Jace and Stu. She'd been hoping to just... silently slide to her room, get cleaned up, and head to school without anyone asking questions. Instead, she was standing in the doorway in the same clothes from last Saturday, smelling like a mixture of weed and alcohol, with her hair a mess. The bruise on her face from where Sawyer had punched her was still there, and it hurt, so Ash's eye and part of her face were blue. Google had said it could be upwards of two weeks until the stupid bruise faded, and now without the numbing effects of weed and alcohol in her system, it hurt. A lot.

Her wrist had stopped bleeding, obviously, but the cuts from Sawyer's nails were still visible. Little bloody scars, and red festered skin. Ash, basically, looked like a total mess.

"Are you drinking out of the bottle?" She asked, looking at Stu in disgust.

Dede Dede

Martin & Stu

Martin3.png

FoSIRY7.gif

Stu wiped his mouth with his sleeve and shot a friendly smile at Jace.

‘No, I said I was coming right away,' he said. It hadn’t taken him all that long to get here. It used to take Stu much longer to come home, but now that he lived at the Wests’ mansion the commute had also been cut in half, for better or for worse.

Meanwhile Martin was struggling through the door with his briefcase and laptop bag, managing to bang his knee against the frame. He took off his coat and hung it by the door and eventually joined the boys at the island in the kitchen.

‘Well? She’s not here yet?’ Martin asked.

Stu hadn’t finished shaking his head when Ash arrived in most timely fashion. There was collective silence as they turned their eyes toward her, all studying her less than ideal appearance.

Ash had been gone for days. In her absence she had caused widespread panic and spawned a myriad theories as to where she could have gone, and what were her first words when she finally decided to return?

‘…No?’ Stu replied. What? He’d made sure his lips didn’t make any contact with the bottle, so it was perfectly sanitary. ‘I mean, it’s almost empty anyway.’ Well, it wasn't, not really, but she didn't know that.

Stu, first relieved to see Ash, was now looking at her in equal disgust.

‘Bloody hell, what happened to your wrist? Did you do that?’

Martin had seen it too, the little scars in question, and being the only adult in the room he did the adult thing and tried to mediate the situation.

‘Stu, come on, cut it out,’ he said.

‘What?'

'That's enough.'

'What did I do?’

‘...Come with me, Ash, please.' Ignoring his own son Martin tried to gesture Ash aside, maybe back into the living room whence they came. ‘You have to let me take a look at that. Now you boys stay here. And Stu... use a glass, please. You're not the only one drinking from that.'

'OK, whatever,' Stu said, glancing over at Ash again. He waited for his dad to turn around before taking another gulp directly from the bottle.

Winona Winona

Last edited:
Jace & Ash

What the hell was going on? Why was Martin pretending to care, and why was Jace in that horrible black beanie? And why were they all letting Stu drink out of the bottle?

"Ash, are you--"

"I'm fine." Ash snapped, cutting Jace off and making him look down at the island dejectedly. She then glared at Martin as he tried to convince her to go with him, and for what? "No, I didn't cut myself, and I'm not going with you. I'm fine and you're not my dad. Stop pretending to care because you're sleeping with my mother." She said, and then stormed into the kitchen. If no one else was going to stop this freaking disaster of a British sophomore, then Ash would have to.

She snatched the bottle out of his hands, slamming it down onto the island counter. "My mom is not buying apple juice for some British baby to drink out of the bottle like a baby. Get a cup."And yeah, maybe Ash was most definitely overreacting to this, but ewww. For one, it was gross, and for two, well... Elise wasn't the kindest when it came to the kids disobeying her rules. One of the rules which just so happened to be not drinking apple juice straight out of the freaking bottle.

"Ashton, stop." The harshness in her brother's voice made Ash hesitate. As much as Jace had missed her, and worried about her during the time she had been gone... He was also upset. Upset that she came in acting like nothing happened, upset that he hadn't been there to protect her, and upset that she was overreacting to a bottle of apple juice. "Where were you?"

Dede Dede

Routines, Injuries & Insults

Juliette
tumblr_inline_pnk2bmTCUi1w9w91p_540.gif

Juliette glared towards Sawyer, grabbing a pillow and throwing it towards her head. JJ was more than qualified to say that she was a terrible kisser. While it wasn't the worst kiss, it definitely wasn't something she wanted to do again. Although, that probably was something to do with just Sawyer and not her kissing skills. Not that she'd admit to that. Sawyer was... just not her type. "Um. Total lies. You're a terrible kisser and I was vulnerable so, technically it's your fault."

She wasn't evil, and while she didn't want Sawyer sleeping in her bed, the brunette would rather she wouldn't drive. A sleepover was probably much better than a freak accident, this night didn't need to be ruined more than it already was. "Fine. But stay on your side." JJ squished a pillow in between the two, it wasn't a very small bed but personal boundaries had to be set.

"I don't sleep without TV, so I'm putting on sixteen candles." Believe or not, Juliette actually listened to Sawyer sometimes, and watching her most hated movie was a good enough punishment for almost murdering someone at her party. A few hours later and the two were sound asleep, the pillow barrier between them vanished and JJ would deny that she ever fell asleep on Sawyer's shoulder that night.

Gifts and parties were great, but in the end everyone went home, and she was all alone again. It's a good reasoning as to why she went all out for her parties. It was a night where all attention was on her, because god forbid no one smiled at the birthday girl. But now it was over and she wasn't really all that special anymore. But for the first time she wasn't so disappointed on how it ended. Maybe it was worth going through the disasters of tonight.

--

This was her last week of being Cheer Captain, and obviously, you didn't know Juliette very well if you believed she wasn't going all out. While Tatum was going through her emotional breakdown, or her sick day or whatever. JJ seized the moment when she wasn't around to argue with and added a new member onto the team... maybe without the rest of the girls knowing, but that's not the point! They needed more girls and Tatum wasn't doing anything about it.

It would've taken too long to get a say from her, and she was captain so it didn't matter. All Juliette had to say was yes and it was a done deal.

Unfornutely, the other girl couldn't auditon that day, so it'll be a small surprise for the rest of the girls at practice, maybe then they'll feel like they had a say in the whole thing. Done and done. Now when these girls are the second and third best of the team, everyone will appulad JJ for being such a good captain.

Okay, maybe she's being a little too much, but Tatum isn't living up to the role! She got captain because she planned prom. So? Is it some weird law that whoever is on the planning committee suddenly becomes cheer captain? Whatever the case was, Tatum didn't work for it and she shouldn't of got it. Juliette's going to make it known that she's working for it. Just in case something happens, you could never be too careful.

They could easily strip Tatum of whatever fake power she had, and Juliette will be there with a smile on her face as the coach assigns it to her.

Done and done.

She placed the radio onto the football field and flipped through the playbook, double checking the routines she'd been planning. Again, Tatum wasn't around so... someone had to step up, and as captain, Juliette was more than happy to oblige.

Well, practice and surprise audition.

Winona Winona KingofAesir KingofAesir Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler g3mini g3mini Pysren Pysren

Last edited by a moderator:
tenor.gif
She had been so angry. Angry for years. That kind of anger built and built and built until you couldn’t stand it anymore, until you just….snapped. Rage swirled behind green eyes like the black clouds of a thunderstorm and made her soft features hard and cold as she strode down the parking lot. Years of building could create a storm that absolutely devastated everything around it. Everyone around her had just begun to slowly dissolve away until she was completely alone because she was so angry. But, she blamed none of this on herself. Everything that was happening to her was her fault. Sawyer Andrews had caused this and Sawyer Andrews was going to pay for it. She was going to pay for ruining her life. When she’d arrived in Westbrook she had seen that Sawyer had already been going through some pretty hard stuff. She had to admit to feeling bad, but only for a moment. Sawyer wasn’t the person she thought she knew, she doubted she ever was. Honestly, she hoped Sawyer’s little blonde girlfriend died and she really hoped it hurt like hell. She hoped Sawyer started wasting away, just like she had. She hoped Sawyer felt her life slipping through her fingers, felt like she didn’t want to be here anymore. Rage had been hovering over her head like a storm for two years and it clouded her judgment, made her say things she didn’t mean to the people she loved, most of all it had just made her even more angry. Rage was a huntress, stalking in the night until she was ready to strike and when she came out of this haze she would have blood on her hands.

The front doors of Westbrook breezed open and a lone figure emerged from them. The hood on her head blew back and revealed cold hard green eyes set in the face of a brunette girl, who might be pretty if it wasn’t for the way her face twitched like an angry animal. She walked with a purpose that made her seem like she belonged and no one gave her a second glance as she walked into the office and straight to the secretary’s desk. There was no one there and she had no trouble picking up the mic and pressing the button that would broadcast her words over the school’s speakers, football field and all. When she finally did speak, her words cut through the air like a knife, hard-edged and deliberate. There were no breaks or pauses in her speech, it was as if she had rehearsed her words before-hand. A few people in the hall on their way to their after school activities glanced up at the speakers but she did not stop.

Sawyer was on her way to the gym when someone started talking over the loudspeakers. She stopped mid-stride and glanced up at them, her face paling considerably. That voice. Sawyer took off in a run back towards the office, her shoes slamming against the floor as she went. The words did not stop.

“Hi, this is jollyolewolves, or part of it at least. I’m tired of hiding behind some dumb Twitter handle. I’m getting what I came for.”

Sawyer turned another hallway, all that much closer.

“Two years ago this day, my brother died. Correction. My brother was murdered. That murderer got away with it and she’s here amongst you now. That murderer is..”
Sawyer was at the front office, colliding into the door and trying to open it. It didn’t budge. Locked. Sawyer looked up, panicked, into unforgiving green eyes. She spoke but the speaker did not hear.

“Sawyer Andrews. She killed my brother. She ruined me. And now I’m going to ruin her.” The mic was sat down and the brunette girl walked to the door, slowly, deliberately, until she was right in front of Sawyer. The only thing separating them was the glass of the door. Her eyes sat unwavering and Sawyer’s only seemed to ask why.

“What are you doing?” Sawyer questioned helplessly. The door opened and Sawyer stepped back as the brunette exited the front office. They were now face to face.

“Exactly what you did to me.” She stepped ever closer to Sawyer, “Killing someone you love.”

All at once the doors to Westbrook High burst open much the same as they had before, and two police officers rushed into the building. They brushed Sawyer aside as her ears began ringing and all the sound went mute. The brunette did not break eye contact with Sawyer as the police officers cuffed her. She sat cold and steely as they spoke.

“Lorri Tanner, you’re under arrest for the murder of Oliver Andrews. You have the right to remain-”

Sawyer fell to her knees and the air in her lungs left. Lorri only smiled.

Cameron
tumblr_inline_p3g8t3oICJ1qlt39u_250.gifv

She cocked her head to one side, staring at her own dark eyes into the pocket sized mirror. She was never one for new friends, new schools, even if it only happened a total of two times. Adjusting the blue jersey onto her body, for some reason they put her down for a small when that obviously wasn't the case. The damn thing kept riding up, but to hell if she was gonna care anymore about it. If people were gonna stare at her stomach so be it. Once the school corrects their mistake and orders a new one, she's allowed to violate dress code.

Did this place even have a dress code? Not that she cared mostly, but it was fun to compare this school to her last. For one, the people were much more attractive, the school was obviously much more richer and the sports, well, she had a good variety to choose from. The brunette always had a knack for it whether it'd be just having fun with her brothers, or competing in school tournaments.

Now those were fun.

The people that participated in them? Not so much. Egoistical and difficult to cooperate, and it went much beyond than just her team. The plus side to it was her family screaming at everyone else in the bleachers because of a foul they couldn't 'see' for some reason. But nevertheless, it didn't really matter much to her.

Winning did. Winning mattered everything to Cameron.

It was no secret she had a competitive streak but she wasn't nasty to the point where she would actually cheat unlike other people did. And the fact that she got blamed for it in the end, well, that meant there was a reason for her not to go there anymore. Expulsion isn't a big deal. There's no reason why that would stop her from enjoying herself wherever life may take her. Unlike her brothers, she was as cool as a cucumber. She didn't even know the term hothead.

The sight of her teammate sleeping soundly made her huff from aggravation. People never take anything seriously. The towel was wrapped around her hands before she hit the blonde, resulting in a small slap.

Maybe a little more than small.

"Andrews, wake up."

KingofAesir KingofAesir

da21e6fbe9104c0cf2e0db7b2e6d8d44.gif

Tadita

The rest of the school day came and went quickly. She had made new friends at lunch, and she was super pumped about it. She was surprised to find that Cam's brother was Parker, the guy she had been snap chatting with back and forth for a day or two. And it turned out that Mike was chill too.. and he needed a ride home. Tadita offered of course, she remembered the days of having to ride the bus back to the trailer park and how embarrassing it was. Now she and her family lived in an apartment- it was an upgrade for sure.

Walking down the front steps, Tadita had her black backpack on that was decorated with all sorts of intricate beadwork, her long black hair loose around her shoulders as she squinted at the sun. "I'm so glad school's out. I fucking hate it here." She cursed and looked over at Mike. "it's my first day and it's infinitely worse than my old school. This makes my old place look like chicken shit. What do you think so far?" She asked Mike, raising her brows at her new friend.

ColourfulJoey ColourfulJoey

Sawyer
tumblr_f267078cb9eb972b74da296befa481e1_6d6a5700_250.gif
Sawyer awoke in a cold sweat to the sound of someone's voice. She almost feel off the bench she was laying on as she shot up. Her heart was pounding loudly in her chest and she could hear it thumping against her ribcage. Sawyer leaned on her knees and shoved her hands over her ears to try and stop to noise. When it eventually died down, she sat up again and faced Cameron, her breaths still heavy. Sawyer had been having nightmares rather frequently as of late. They only contributed to her lack of sleep and it was only getting worse. She had skipped last period and came to lie down, Sawyer hadn't really planned on still being asleep. She rubbed at her head and blinked twice before Cameron's form really came into view and she knew who she was looking at.

"Shit. Jesus Christ." Sawyer mumbled, her voice low and husky with sleep. That had been a new dream, and a weird one at that. Sawyer hadn't really thought about Lorri or Jesse in a long time. She wondered why she would dream about something like that now. It didn't matter, right now she just really needed to pretend like she was fine. Cameron was new and she didn't really need her thinking that Sawyer was a mess like everyone else did. Maybe she could at least convince one person she was fine. Maybe one person would actually look at her without pity or sadness.

"I didn't plan on sleeping that long." Sawyer rubbed at her eyes and yawned, trying to distract from the obvious tears that we're in them, "Thanks, Cam." She grinned half-heartedly and stood up. Sawyer stretched her arms over her head and her neck popped satisfyingly and she sighed. Her eyes glanced at Cameron again and she found herself doing something she hadn't done in a long time. They lingered for longer than they should have and for a brief moment Sawyer thought she felt that same kind of rush she had when Grace had walked by her the first day of school last year. No, that was impossible. Sawyer shook her head and tore her eyes away.

"They gave you a small?" Sawyer questioned with her back towards Cameron as she pulled her shirt over her head and rumaged around for her practice uniform.

Soap Soap

tumblr_inline_p8dpxp8L6S1urqydq_500.gifv

Jacqueline Dupont

As the school day comes to a close, Jackie packed up her things and headed to her locker. She kept her gaze steady as she walked down the halls, not meeting anyone's gaze. The attention of being the "New Girl from France" was slowly dying down, much to Jackie's relief. Growing up in a military family meant bouncing from school to school, an act she had gotten used to long ago. She simply never got used to being the fresh face somewhere new. Being the new kid was annoying. So many introductions and so many new names to learn, and this time, so many new customs.

Jackie twists in the code to her locker and slides the door open, gently placing her textbooks neatly inside. Her locker looked barren compared to those around hers, the insides decorated with photographs and ribbons and notes from friends. Truthfully, Jackie hadn't been expecting this much of a change. To say she was in the midst of culture shock would be an understatement.

After piling her notebooks and textbooks for homework into her bag, Jackie set out to find her younger sister, Bella. The two lived quite a ways from the school, so it was Jackie's job to drive them home every day. With a huff, Jackie slung her bag over her shoulder and went to find her sister.

Bella was checking her warm pink lipgloss in a mirror that she had magnetized to her locker. Bella flipped her head over to pull her hair back into a messy ponytail and she popped back up, grinning at Jackie with a mischevious gleam in her eye.

"You'll have to wait up for me, I've got cheer." Bella states as she grabbed a change of clothes from her locker and dipped into the bathroom just behind her. Jackie's eyebrows furrowed.

"I need to get home, Bella. I have homework," Jackie explained, pushing the door to the bathroom open. Bella was hidden in a stall somewhere, changing into workout clothing. "Besides, we had a deal: no cheer. That's what got you into trouble last time."

"You can do homework in the stands, can't you?" Bella questions, stepping out of the bathroom now changed. "And that 'deal' was one sided. I didn't agree to anything. So either you can wait for me or you can go home and face Mom's anger at you for abandoning me here." Bella proclaimed dramatically, knowing that the threat of angering her mother would be enough to get Jackie to stay. Jackie sighs and shakes her head.

"Oh no, we are not doing this again this year. We're going home." Jackie growled, crossing her arms tightly over her chest.

"Come with me then. Meet some people, make some friends. It wouldn't kill you, you know. I'll say that I stayed late to get mentoring to help settle in and you stayed to study and to drive me home. Deal?" Bella bargained, all the while getting ready for her tryout. There was no way she was going home, that spot on the team was hers.

Unable to continue fighting, Jackie gave in. "Fine, but if she finds out its on your head. I'm not taking the fall for this."

Bella threw a sweet, yet cold, smile in Jackie's direction. "Come on, we'll be late."

Once Bella got her things together, Jackie followed her out to the field. A girl with a radio was already there, probably the captain or whatever they're called. As Bella greeted the girl, presumably Juliette, Jackie sat down on the bleachers and dropped her bag beside her, fishing out her biology textbook. If she was going to be stuck here, at least she should get some work done.

|open|

tumblr_nm0ghdT33Y1tlmbsuo4_250.gifv

Isabelle Dupont

As soon as the school day drew to a close, Isabelle was out of the classroom and at her locker, preparing to hunt down Juliette for a supposed cheer tryout. The first few days at the school were rougher than she could have ever imagined. Civilian life in Westbrook was so much more different than military life in France had been. People were so full of school spirit, sports were so important, and the school day so short. It didn't take long for Bella to pass a judgement on her knew peers and culture: Americans are weird. Interesting, but weird.

Despite her outgoing personality, Bella hadn't really spoken to anyone more than once since arriving, with the exception of a girl named Juliette. Lucky for her, Juliette would be her ticket back into some normalcy. Bella missed cheerleading and gymnastics back in France and when she found out that the cheerleaders were looking for new members, she knew she had to tryout.

After the altercation in the bathroom with her sister, the two headed out to the field to find Juliette. The two girls walk in silence, the frustration at her sister that Bella had been holding in slowly bubbling to the surface. Ever since her acting up back in France, Jackie didn't trust her to do anything. Her older sister was always there, watching her every move. So what, she partied and drank and got together with an older guy. What teenager doesn't? She thought moving to Westbrook would help her sister get the stick out of her ass, but apparently that still is impossible.

Bella spots Juliette and waves, a bright smile on her face. "Hey, Juliette! I'm here for tryouts. That's still happening today, right?" She asks, walking over to the girl. Bella pauses when Jackie doesn't introduce herself at all. She rolls her eyes. "Don't mind her, she's just my ride." Bella scoffs. "So, what's on for today?"

| juliette Soap Soap |

Very Angry Stu

rRWZi4O.gif

God, what was Ash’s problem? Beanie bro Jace was only trying to help her, when she cut him off and made him feel so, so horrible. That was no way to treat her own brother, who had been so worried for her while she was gone. Now Stu was watching all this from across the island, and he didn’t like what he saw, not one bit. Poor Jace. Even after all that, Ash wasn’t done; she had to follow it up with a minor tantrum aimed at his dad. Wow, wow. By now Stu was looking up harshly from the bottle he was chugging, as if trying to make known his disgust at Ash’s childish behaviour. But he decided to hold his tongue, for now. Surely Dad was going to put an end to her effrontery, right? No way he was going to let this slide. Right? He was a teacher for god’s sake!

Wrong. Instead of giving her the earful she deserved, Dad just stood there dumbly while she made a complete mockery of him and his authority. Figures. What could he have said to her? His silence was telling enough. He had been sleeping with Elise after all, just as Stu suspected.

In between feeling sorry for Jace and disappointed in his own dad, Ash came stomping back angrily into the kitchen. No sooner had she returned than she stole the precious bottle from his hands, and called him a baby. That… that was the last straw.

‘WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM?!’ he said, or rather, shouted in Ash’s face.

Then he tried to take the bottle back, with variable success.

‘I’ll do what I want— GIVE IT BACK—’

His dad’s voice rose amid the struggle. ‘Stuart! That’s enough!’

What?! SHE started it! –’

‘Just get a glass like I told you, please,’ he said, pointing to the cabinet. ‘You should be more considerate.’

Silence.

‘… Are you-- are you serious?’ Stu looked at his dad in disbelief, and then back at Ash. ‘Well, I didn’t disappear for five days and got everyone worried. How’s that for considerate?’

‘Now that’s enough. You don’t live here alone, other people drink from that, too.’

‘I didn’t wanna live here, did I? Why would I wanna live with *her*?' he said, pointing at Ash. ’Anyway it was your idea. It's all about you, Dad. I didn't even want to come to this stupid country, and this stupid school.’

‘Now, Stuart, that’s unfair.’

‘You're siding with her. What do YOU know about fair?’

So Stu, enraged, maybe grabbed the bottle and threw it on the floor. Then, before he could be told off, stormed away to Jace’s room upstairs. He slammed the door shut with such a thunderous noise that the whole mansion shook. Yes, puberty. Yes, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Winona Winona

Jace & Ash

To be honest, Ash hadn't exactly expected Martin to side with her. It made no sense! There was a look of surprise on her face when he did, but only for a moment before it was replaced by the glare directed at Stu. The little twerp went on a ridiculous temper tantrum, and Ash held the juice away from him while he did at first, but then she lowered her guard.

Well, maybe not that, but she was surprised to see him go off on his dad. She lowered the juice and before she knew it, Stu was taking it and throwing the bottle on the ground. Apple juice splattered across the floor, and Ash had to jump back to avoid getting her shoes wet. Disgusting and despicable. She was happy to see Stu storming off.

Ash thought the drama was over -- that's why she'd left after all, right? To avoid drama? -- but then Jace's attention had turned onto her. Was it the black beanie that had turned him into a total dick?

"What the hell, Ash?" He snapped, glaring at his little sister. "You disappear for five days and when you get home, all you do is make everyone feel like shit." Jace pushed away from the island and started out of the kitchen after Stu, but not before pausing to look back over his sister. "I thought I would be happy when you got home, but instead I wish you'd stayed away."

Ash looked after Jace as he walked out of the room. Normally, she would've felt... sad, upset. Something. Anything. Instead, she just felt numb. She didn't care anymore, and that was almost worse than anything she had felt before. With a sigh, Ash headed out of the kitchen, leaving the juice spilled across the ground. She didn't spare a glance at Martin, instead heading for the stairs and up to her room. She had to go to cheer, after all, and she needed to shower first.

Meanwhile, Jace had made to the door of his bedroom. Their bedroom. It was his and Stu's now, and although it was sometimes hard to annoying to be sharing his personal space, he was also happy to not feel so... alone at this house. He knocked on the door, and then twisted the doorknob and pushed his way in.

"Stu? Are you okay?"

Dede Dede

Stu

qa6abQJ.gif

Stu was sitting on the bed, his face red hot like he’d just bitten into a ghost pepper. There might have been steam coming out of his ears too. One could be forgiven for mistaking him for Thomas the Tank Engine.

He heard quiet knocking on the door, although he didn’t bother to turn his head. He was shoring up his ramparts for an argument, if Dad would step through that door. Thankfully, it was only Jace.

Stu had been texting Audra when his beanie bro entered. Not wanting to be caught red-handed in a possibly flirtatious act, he tossed his phone to his side but it missed the pillow and clattered into the space between the bed and the wall. Woops. Anyway he couldn’t be bothered picking it up. Whatever.

‘I shouldn’t have come home,’ he said, shaking his head.

He felt a little insecure without his phone, so he reached over and grabbed Jace’s guitar instead, lifting it carefully by the neck, nestling it in his lap. He started plucking a few strings and strummed a few ‘chords’, if you could call them that. He wished he could play the guitar. He envied that Jace could always turn to his music whenever he was sad, and let his emotions run away with the notes. Whenever Stu attempted music it always had the opposite effect of making him wish he was never born, reminding him that he wasn’t good at anything, except maybe for a sport that no one here played. Even at school he was just that idiot kid in the wolf costume. Who cares.

When inevitably his musical endeavour failed, Stu resorted to drumming on the body of the guitar lightly with his fingers. Eventually he looked up at Jace and saw him in the black beanie, which looked awfully out of place on his potato head.

‘…I’m sorry I lost your beanie,’ he said. ‘I’ll find it. I’ll get it back, I promise.’

Winona Winona

Jace

His beanie? Oh... right. Jace reached up, pulling the black beanie from his head and tossing it onto the nearby dresser. He knew that he looked ridiculous in the black beanie -- he'd already tried it after his yellow beanie had lost its feeling following his breakup with Nova. Or, well, Nova's in-explainable disappearance back to Washington that had left him heartbroken. He'd switched between so many different colored beanies following that -- black, gray, even briefly Sawyer's beanie. Nothing looked right atop his blonde mop of hair except for the yellow beanie, and all sour feelings about the color had vanished when Stu gifted him that beanie.

He closed the door behind him and walked over to the bed, sitting down beside Stu. His gaze drifted to the guitar. It had been so long since he had last played that the callouses on his fingers had faded. "Don't worry about it. Did the beanie at least help you get that girl?" Of course Jace knew why Stu had wanted the beanie, even if his reasoning was ridiculous.

The dark brown hair suited his little brother. And if the girl didn't like him or... want to be with him because he wasn't blonde or something stupid like that then, well, screw her.

"I'm glad you came home. I'm sorry about Ash. I don't know... she's a bitch right now." Not that his sister had ever been the nicest person around, not like Grace, but right now... Right now, Jace didn't even recognize her.

Dede Dede

Cameron
tumblr_inline_p3g91iO5IH1qlt39u_250.gifv

Cameron rolled her eyes at her thanks and gave Sawyer a brief nod. She hadn't yet figured out her thoughts on the blonde, sure, she heard a lot about her. But to the point where she was basically a basket case or something. She didn't really pay attention to the gossip at the table when Sawyer wasn't around, but when she was, well, her gaze lingered. And no, it wasn't particularly a crush. By anything she was only intrigued her mess instead of running away or talking about her behind her back.

Cammie tried raising her shorts a bit higher to cover the small of her stomach, but when that proved to be discomforting she just sighed and returned them to their normal state. A small shrug towards Sawyer. "No, I just wanted it this way." A grin played on her lips at her own sarcasm and it didn't fade as Sawyer began to undress.

See, that was the weird thing about locker rooms. She was just expected to change in front of everyone and while she didn't really care about it. Didn't other people? Over the years she learned to be comfortable with her body and... well, if some chick stared at her underwear a little too a longer Cameron's liking, that meant there was a reason she was. Speaking of, was it weird that she expected Sawyer's own underclothes to be a little more revealing? Eh, it only meant not to peg her for those types of girls and even more reason not to listen to the others.

She walked up towards Sawyer and reached higher into the rather messy locker and handed it out to her. "You're looking in the wrong places." She fought a smile, and she was really good at doing that surprisingly. But now all that was over with, they were probably in a very weird position but Cammie didn't move until she heard the sound of the door to the locker room open and she created distance between the two.

"I'm pretty sure your locker is health hazard, Andrews."

Ash
Sideways.gif

All things considered, Ash actually looked normal. She had showered, fixed her hair, and tried to apply makeup to cover up the ugly bruise on her face, but there was no covering it up completely. Ash stared into the mirror for a moment, looking at her face, and the bruise that kept reminding her of that stupid party. Fuck that party. Fuck Sawyer.

She pushed away from the sink, her fingers running along the fading cuts on her wrist. Yeah, she didn't want people asking about those, so she grabbed a couple bracelets and slipped them on her wrist. Perfect... for the most part.

Ready to go, and no longer looking like she'd spent the past five days in a haze, Ash headed towards the school. She slipped out the front door before anyone could notice her, and started walking. It had been months, but she was still incredibly uncomfortable behind the wheel of a car. Actually, Ash hadn't been behind the wheel of a car since the accident, and she wasn't sure if she would ever be comfortable driving again. Hell, she could barely even see a car without breaking down.

Ash walked up to the football field, throwing a smile on her face when she saw that right now, it was just JJ and... some brunette that she definitely didn't recognize. "Hey, miss me?" She asked with a joking smile as she came to a stop beside JJ, and looked over at the girl she didn't recognize. "Hey, are you trying out?"

"I'm Ashton West, but you can just call me Ash." She smiled. "Are you new?"

Soap Soap g3mini g3mini

Juliette
tumblr_inline_pnk2bmTCUi1w9w91p_540.gif

It wasn't long until anyone showed up, Juliette lowered the playbook and eyed the girl intently. She was pretty enough, JJ just hoped she was smart enough to follow the routines. "Still happening." Bella was still new so she wasn't about to throw a tantrum over using her actual name. The only people who used her actual name was her family and a new girl didn't exactly have those privileges as of yet. "It's JJ, actually." She rose an eyebrow over to the girl beside her but left it at that.

She seemed standoffish, but Juliette had no time for deal with attitudes today-- besides for Tatum, of course. At the sight of Ash, the brunette tilted her head slightly towards her. Rolling her eyes her words. "No." Juliette answered with a smile of her own before returning her attention to Bella. "Anyway, Ash, this is Bella. She's auditioning today, we're waiting on another girl and obviously, Tatum."
The tone of her voice was clear about her attitude towards the blonde and was hoping the new girl didn't catch on, they needed more girls and Juliette actually wants more girls without the drama.

Chase

tumblr_m7wcs98Zl41rcs0e6o2_500.gif

He's pretty cute when he's tipsy, Chase thought, catching himself off guard. Perhaps cute was the wrong word to use, but it was the only word he could think of to describe Noah. The younger boy wasn't out of hand intoxicated, but he would feel better making sure he got home safe than letting him fend for himself. And maybe a part of him wanted to spend more time with Noah anyways, he hadn't gotten along this well with anyone in a while.

The older boy couldn't keep from laughing as Noah listed his many complaints about Westbrook. Everything he had said was true, Westbrook was the closest thing to the ninth circle of hell he could think of. Everyone's head was so far up their own ass that they didn't care about anyone but themselves and their reputation, it made him sick how superficial people were. It was why he had decided to go away to school, specifically to become a doctor. He wanted to help people and make something of himself instead of using his rich parents to make his way in the world. Chase wasn't perfect, but he liked to think he was less shallow than most people in this entitled town.

"Tell me about it. I grew up in Westbrook and I never could stand how fake everyone is." Chase sighed as he lead them out the front door and towards his Jeep parked on the sidewalk. It was both sad and a bit of a relief that Noah had only been here a few months and could already see how shitty Westbrook was. It took some people their whole lives to realize the town was toxic, but at least he and Noah could bitch about it together. Sure, Chase got along with almost everyone just because he was nice and didn't pick fights like his younger siblings, but there were few people he really connected with and considered good friends. Maybe Noah could become one of the few people Chase let know him at a deeper level than just "the non-fighty Vaughn".

"I promise I'm not going to back stab you like everyone else." Chase joked as he unlocked his car, making sure Noah was settled in the passenger seat with his seatbelt on before heading over to his side and hopping in. "I don't go to Westbrook anymore but if I did I'd want to sit at your lunch table." It was a joke, but honestly he wished Noah had been at Westbrook when he was. Every day he'd hungout with his teammates and usually the girls that followed them around, but even surrounded by people Chase had always felt so alone, like no one really knew him or understood him.

mogy mogy

Alaska

giphy.gif

Waking up in a stranger's bed wasn't entirely unheard of for Alaska, but she usually didn't wake up looking like she'd gotten hit by a bus. There were bruises all over her body, and most noticeably a big black and blue one forming around her left eye that throbbed every time she moved her face. At some point she must've fallen asleep on the couch with Ian, but how she'd ended up in his bed was a mystery. The other side of the bed was untouched except for some spare blankets, so Alaska slowly got herself together and shuffled her way downstairs. She could hear someone shuffling around in the kitchen and she silently prayed that it was Ian and not his parents, relieved as she turned the corner and spotted the blond leaning up against the counter with a cup of coffee.

"Hi..." She smiled timidly, feeling bad that she'd made him take care of her and have to sleep on the couch in his own home. It was probably the most awkward situation the senior had ever been in, but at least Ian seemed nice about the whole thing. Her head still throbbed and her whole body ached but she couldn't imagine how much worse off she would be without his help last night.

“Can I borrow your phone to call my brother? I think I lost mine last night." Alaska asked sheepishly, embarrassed to have lost her phone and need to borrow something else from him. Once he handed her the phone she quickly walked to the other room, not wanting Ian to overhear the lecture she was sure her brother was going to give her over the phone.

"Ryder?" She asked once he picked up the phone, unable to get another word out as he yelled at her about how irresponsible she was and how worried they all had been about her. Eventually, her twin calmed down enough to get the address to come pick her up and she handed Ian back his phone as a pit of dread filled her stomach. She sat on the floor and played with Ian’s cat to keep herself occupied while she waited for her brother to arrive, trying to keep herself distracted so she didn’t start anxiously pacing while she waited for Ryder to yell at her. Even though she could handle herself Ryder treated her like a child who needed protecting, he had already scolded her over the phone and he hadn’t even seen the bruising yet. That was going to be hard to explain, and she was sure she’d get the same lecture from her entire family to stop picking fights with men.

The minute she saw Ryder's car pull up in the drive way she jumped up from her seat and headed for the door, saying another quick thank you and goodbye to Ian and hoping she could make it to the door before her brother did. Unfortunately, Ryder had much longer legs and she'd barely made it out the front door before he was yelling at her and a very confused Ian behind her. It probably didn't look great that she was coming out of the house of some guy she'd never met before with a black eye, but she really wished Ryder could've just waited in the car to yell at her. Poor Ian was going to avoid her like the plague after this.

"Alaska what the hell is wrong with you? Who the fuck is he? Did he do this to you? Did you put your hands on my sister?" Ryder yelled, trying to get past his small sister to confront Ian, the little brunette pushing against him to keep him away from the poor boy who had helped her. This was exactly what she had wanted to avoid.

"Ryder, stop! Ian helped me last night after I got the black eye. He stopped me from getting beat up even more." She yelled back, smacking his chest to get him to listen to her. The taller Vaughn finally stopped his attempt at murdering Ian to look down at his twin with a frown, looking back to Ian before finally backing off.

"Will you apologize to him, please?" Alaska demanded, earning a grumble of protest from her brother before finally getting what she wanted. "Sorry, man. Thanks for taking care of her." Ryder sighed, inspecting the bruise that had continued to swell on her left eye and shaking his head. This was what she hated the most, the disappointment on her brother's face and the lecture she was sure to get all the way home. She hated fighting with her brother, especially since she'd been the reason he'd gotten dragged off to New York with her after what she'd done. It seemed like everything she did ended up hurting her family.

"Get in the car." He ordered her, and though usually she would've protested all she wanted to do was shower and sleep in her own bed, so she gave Ian a little wave goodbye and followed her brother to the car, thankful that at lest Ryder hadn't punched Ian. Well, at least not yet.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

1578530271818.gif
Morgan Ara Morgan’s high made the day whirl by, she couldn’t even remember what had happened with her and the strangers in the hall. The school day drew to a close and she stumbled through some doors to find a group getting ready for practice. She scoffed to herself and swayed through the girls, shooting peace signs to strangers and blowing kisses. Morgan plopped herself down next to another girl on the bleachers, giving her a slow examination before lifting her eyes to the rest of the room. ”So, you trying out? Or just watching a girlfriend? Or do you enjoy waiting for them to fall mid-flip?” She turned her head sharply and caught the strangers eyes. “No matter what, experiencing this place is the same as every other school in the world. Morgan, and you...?” She raised an eyebrow with a small smirk.
Mentions: Soap Soap Winona Winona
Talking: geminiy geminiy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back