• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Werewolves, 1x1, clean, odd formatting.

Dawn is a Changeling

In a small medieval town hidden away in England, you grew up hearing stories of monsters that prowl the night when the full moon shines down. Raised in fear, you question everything unfamiliar. Even your neighbor could be a hideous beast. So what do you do when, staying at work (or other location) late on a night you forgot was the full moon, you run headlong into a werewolf hunt and encounter a terrified werewolf who bites you in fear? The next full moon, it happens. You grow fur. How will you hide this from the town? Everyone knows you! How will you possibly keep this secret?

That's my characters backstory, anyway. Small town, maybe 50 people, deeply superstitious. Anyone could be a werewolf. Werewolves retain consciousness and don't generally attack unless provoked unless they would as a person, but in the tension and adrenaline of their friends and family trying to kill them, accidents happen and lycanthropy is spread. Since only turning into a wolf once a month is lame, they have to turn into wolves on the full moon but can turn into wolves every night at will, except new moons. No uses day and new moon, optional use average night, not optional on the full moon.

This could be a really nifty setting for fear and distrust. You never know who you can trust but you have to tell someone to help you get through it. One of us will be a PC and the other will play every NPC for suspense. Then only one of us knows who the other werewolves are and who will absolutely chase you down with torches and pitchforks. There will be two mirror towns, each GMing in one and PCing in the other.

My name is Dawn, I'm autistic, LDS, creative. Nerd writer artist worldbuilder weirdo who really misses her pets because she just moved far away from her parents and can't have pets at the moment even though she realllllyyyyy loves cats and misses her babies.

Ashley
Name: Ashley Peterson

Primary Color: Green/Pink

Personality Type: ISFP

Appearance: I've got brown hair and green eyes. Father says I'm very pretty- I hope Daryn thinks so too, but I'll never tell him so. I'm short. Mother likes to say I've got a rosy complexion, pink cheeks with freckles. Katlyn says I'm plain and boring, but Mother says I shouldn't listen to her.

Wolf Appearance: Small, counter shaded sable with green eyes,

Connections:
Mother: Emily. Spends her free time weaving , mostly occupied with mending things, caring for the children, and assorted duties.
Father: Andrew. Woodcutter. He has two scars he boasts of whenever he gets drunk, one from each werewolf encounter. Both and scratches from wolf claws, not bites, though it's possible he just hides such a scar. He is a good storyteller, and tells the stories with a great deal of suspense.
Crush: Daryn. Son of a local knight, friendly, kind.
Friend: Rebecca. Daughter of an outcast tailor. Her mother was killed in an anti-semitic attack after her family was blamed for a werewolf attack.
Sister: Katlyn. A few years older than Ashley and resentful that she is still unmarried. Because Father is a woodcutter and that pays well, she still lives with the family. She takes her frustration out on Ashley, frequently, though they have a childhood bond that has yet to be severed.

Backstory: I went to market the last month. I was buying food for Mother. But then my friend (and maybe crush!) Daryn spotted me and we got to talking and wandering, and it was pretty late when I got back to market to buy the food. I was on my way home when I heard a commotion and turned to see a big wolf running toward me! It looked afraid, and I was afraid! Daryn tried to protect me but it knocked him over. I tried to pull it away from him and it bit me! Then it ran away and a mob came after it, yelling about a werewolf! Then I realized we had been attacked by a werewolf! Daryn brought me home and I was fine, or so I thought. But the full moon is coming up tomorrow and I feel strange...

Fears/Flaws: Werewolves! They're evil monsters who stalk the nights! I'm also afraid of the dark and the forest- I've heard there are werewolves in the forest.

Talents: Mother says I'm very sweet and a good cook.

Interests: I like to sit in fields full of flowers and climb trees.

Practical Skills: Cooking, sewing, cleaning

Dislikes: Wolves, cruelty,

Other: I (Dawn) am very ace and don't really have crushes, so I'm mostly just guessing with Daryn.

(wolf is a picture I found on internet, art is AI generated placeholder until I draw her myself. As far as I can tell, the AI I used is ethical by AI standards, and seems to be intended for things like this, helping artists get their vision out. Or at least that's how I see the site.)
1700901402498.png1700901511267.png1700901720401.png1700901809729.png1700901868089.png

Last edited:
Each of our towns should have roughly 50 people, so as to be manageable. 30 if that's too hard. There's probably a lord and a priest (Catholicism is a big deal and the primary cause of werewolf prejudice, so the priest is important, regardless of the priests leanings). There'll be a lot of farmers and some craftspeople. Merchants, though, are probably rare on account of fears of werewolves in the forests, and woodcutters and hunters are probably more esteemed that ordinary.

This is Foxwood, the town the other person will be in. Still list your friends and family, and I'll work them in. You can also grab people from the list for connections.

The property of a minor lord, Foxwood is built in an undesirable forest. It's primary disciplines are carpenters and woodcutters. The carpenters are renowned sculptors, but mostly make practical things.

(PC)

(PCs listed connections)

1: Lord Alfred

The lord lives in a keep beside town, with high wooden walls to keep the werewolves out. Sometimes it feels like they're to keep the people out too. He is disinterested with Foxwood and leaves most of the duties to his son and advisor, more concerned about climbing the ranks, dissatisfied with his meager rank.

2: Sir Ethan

The lords teenage son, far kinder than his father and more content with his office. He knows and cares more for the village than his father, but is preoccupied with running the place.

3: Sir Brandon

Though officially he is advisor to Lord Alfred, in truth he serves young Ethan. His loyalty, once strong, is beginning to wane, as he believes Ethan may cast him off when he officially takes power.

4: Sir Jason

An older knight and close friend of Lord Alfred, and a sort of father/uncle figure to Ethan. He has a wife and young son in the village, and lost a daughter to a werewolf attack. His first wife died of grief. He is tired and sad, a story etched into every line on his face, but kind and patient. His 3 year old son, Christian, is his greatest joy.

5: Sir Peter

A grumpy middle aged knight who mostly sits in the castle and complains. He and Sir Jason are hardly friends by any measure. He is single and has no children.

6: Sir James

Knight. Father of Oliver. Friendly and laid back, except with his job, which he takes very seriously.

7: Oliver

Son of a knight and hoping to one day be one himself, Oliver is the only page in Foxwood. He is a sort of younger brother to Ethan.

8: Father Carson

The priest of Foxwoods small church, and the most determined anti-werewolf speaker. He is deeply pious and seems to always be paying penance for something, though no one has ever seen him so much as think about sinning, so presumably he is such a holy man that even the smallest thing is a great sin to him. He is a stiff man, not given to kindness, gentleness, or comfort, and rarely seen out of the church unless there is a werewolf hunt afoot. Mass is always cancelled on the full moon, because that's when he prays and fasts all day and night and into the next morning. The alter boy even says that he only ever drinks holy water because he thinks it would be a sin for anything else to touch his lips, though most agree that is exaggeration.

9: George

Alter boy. He hero worships Father Carson and is given to spreading rumors and exaggerating. He is a bit lazy, but never around Father Carson.

10: Miss Lisa

A healer who lives in the keep. Officially speaking, she's the only healer in town. She is kind but mild, as are her tonics, and is not of any great talent. She is an upright person, however, and dedicated, and has a genuine desire to help.

11: Lady Veronica

Wife of Sir James and mother to Oliver, she lives in the castle and almost never ventures out for fear of werewolves. She practically worships Father Carson and tries to be nearly as pious as he, in hopes of avoiding misfortune, especially in the form of canines.

12: Jean

Maid/cook, very busy and no nonsense. She has a whole keep to clean and 9 people to look after, with only Olivers help (and he isn't much help). She is unimpressed with superstition, and more worried about keeping the castle stocked than worrying about witches or wolves or whatever. If she has a personal life or a heart, she doesn't show it. Except with her cat, Charles, who she dotes on. Occasionally people dare to ask if maybe Charles is a familiar, or she is a werewolf, or other such nonsense, but they get shut down immediately on account of how well she does her ob and how absolutely disinterested in witchcraft she is.

13: Witch Lydia

A "witch" who lives in the woods and is said to have a tonic for anything, perhaps even curing lycanthropy... or causing it. She is usually the first one blamed for a werewolf attack, but she knows the woods better than the mice and deer and can disappear whenever things get bad. They usually damage her shop, however, or even burn it. Her services usually cost little or no coin, but have a stranger asking price, like an egg rested in the full moon thrice, or something of the like. Or that's what the rumors say. They say she uses said things in her curses. The worse rumors spread when she offers something for free, because then they say she cursed the recipient. Her only friend is fellow outcast Hannah.

14: Lady Emma

Wife of Sir Jason. She lives in the village caring for Christian and being sociable. Sir Jason is well off enough she has little work she must do and instead spends her time when she isn't with Christian being friendly and kind. She is firmly in charge of the village women, but is not cruel or manipulative. (Note: all of the women are very restricted and secondary. This is not reflective of my views, just history.)

15: Christian

A toddler. Quite concerned with catching butterflies and playing with his wooden toys. Little else. His parents are Sir Jason and Lady Emma, who dote on and spoil him.

16: Declan

The best carpenter in the village, able to focus on more artistic pursuits and training his successor.

17: Ella

The comfortable, seemingly happy wife of Declan who secretly starts sculpting many of his best pieces so he will see her idea and make it, thinking it was his idea. A brilliant artist trapped by her role as a well off mans wife, sometimes she wishes they were poorer so she could work, or hopes to get lost and have to start over elsewhere. Or just wants to run away. She craves freedom, but loves her children too much to leave, and loves them too much to endanger them. She loves Declan, too, or loved him once, but grows to resent him.

18: William

The teenage son of Declan being trained to take over his business. He is skilled at the work but finds it boring and would rather be a woodcutter.

19: Eva

Declan and Ella's daughter, currently free spirited and unburdened, her Mothers spitting image and prized possession, she does what she will, running through fields or being her mothers shadow.

20: Devon

The baby of the family, Devon is 5 years old and spends his days being told not to put things in his mouth. He is the son of Declan and Ella.

21: Brady

Also a carpenter, mostly works on furniture. Does whatever his wife says.

22: Emily

Wife of Brady, friend of Ella (though she doesn't know her secrets) she is content with her life and seeks to uphold the safe, pleasant status quo. She hates anything that might, like werewolves.

23: Thomas

One of the troublesome young twins of Brady and Emily, and virtually identical to his brother inside and out.

24: Timothy

One of the troublesome young twins of Brady and Emily, and virtually identical to his brother inside and out.

25: George

Another carpenter, specializes in construction. Single with no children. Enjoys his work, lives with his brother Geoffrey.

26: Albert

Cheapest carpenter, though still talented. Mostly does odd jobs.

27: Bentley

Alberts wife. Runs a tavern out of their home. Kind enough, if a bit of a gossip.

28: Everett

The younger woodcutter, a hero who boasts of the bear he fought off once and the werewolf he chased from a field (it was probably not a werewolf, just a regular wolf). He is widely considered the most eligible bachelor in Foxwood.

29: Bernard

One of the village woodcutters, hailed as a hero. Grizzled and experienced. Has fought off 4 werewolves and killed one (Evanders wife).

30: Anne

Bernards wife, popular and respected. Quite content with her place in the village.

31: Coralie

Daughter of Bernard and Anne. Does kid stuff. She's around 8.

32: Russell

A poor farmer.

33: Amy

Wife of Russell. Works the fields with him.

34: Ryan

Teenage son of Russell and Amanda, friendly, strong, hard worker.

35: Arthur

A poor farmer.

36: Ava

Wife of Arthur. Also a poor farmer.

37: Bella

Daughter of Arthur and Ava. When not working, she and her brother are arm in arm running through the streets or playing with their dog Callie.

38: Brian

Son of Arthur and Ava. Works the fields. Loves his best friend/sister even more than their dog.

39: Daniel

A jewish farmer, his family is second in line for blame after a werewolf attack when Old Lydia inevitably vanishes. He is hardworking and oh so tired. He loves his family and his greatest aspiration is to find an escape for David.

40: Hannah

A farmer, the wife of Daniel and mother of David, she has long since given up on herself and seeks instead to support her husband with what little strength she has left from working the fields. Her escape is Lydia, who is kind to her and understands her plight.

41: David

The son of Daniel and Hannah, too young to work the fields. He's a quiet boy who keeps to himself, mostly because of anti-semitic persecution.

42: Geoffrey

A single farmer, and better off than most thanks to his brother George.

43: Bradley

Cobbler. Because of the size of the town, he doesn't always have work, and so relies on his wifes income much of the time. But when he gets work, he makes sure the money will last a while.

44: Bailey

Tailor and wife of Bradley. She enjoys sewing, but feels some discontent, mostly ennui.

45: Barrett

Village blacksmith/silversmith. Spends much of his day working with silver to ward off werewolves, and as such is rich. He has no fear of werewolves, but stirs up fear to stir up business.

46: Roselynn

Wife of Barrett and has a few more scruples than he, but while it makes money can't bring herself to object. Still, she tries to instill better morals in Lily, and seems to have succeeded.

47: Lily

Blacksmiths daughter, kind, cheerful.

48: Evander

The village baker. His wife was a werewolf and was murdered by Bernard. There is a great deal of tension between the two.

49: Riley

The bakers son. His father is so caught up mourning his mother that he neglects his son, leaving Riley lonely and lost. His best friend is Lily, the blacksmiths daughter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back