• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy We're All Heathens Here

Sol gave a slow nod. She really didn't know much about necromancy and if there's anything religious surrounding it. She remembered seeing a few wooden figures and symbols that pertained to certain deities that necromancers may have worshiped but it wasn't like it was something that was consistent in her travels. She also did not want to mention to Rohana just how much of the practitioners of necromancy she had cut down in her job. Sol could say in confidence that beating them when they can raise multiple meatshields was no easy task. In any case, it left for no conversation about how their own religion walked. It wasn't like anyone else would be curious about such a thing. It didn't quite matter if they believed in another deity or not, as long as you don't bother anyone or try to summon the guardians of the nine circles of hell, then the Hunters would mostly leave you alone.

"That makes sense." She replied with a hum. The Blood God seemed to have a lot of influence in three towns, maybe even more, thanks to the vampires that have taken over. She brought a hand up to her neck, a tentative look on her face before letting out a sigh and letting her hand wander back to her lap. Someone had to stop all of this. The Blood God was one of the old gods that Velzhun had personally banished from the mortal realm. "Then, I would assume that you kept yourself well hidden." She seemed to debate something in her mind for a moment or two before continuing. "And I assume your family was... well..." Even necromancers had their covens and family lines. Rohana was the only one present in her house with no mention of any family member. That meant that the Council had gotten to her family but spared her - likely because of the same reason as to why she was trusted, because she pretends to be under their influence.

Hearing necromancy being talked about in such a good light - given such a good meaning and used in a profession that helps others... it really does make Sol think. They hunted down necromancers for the sole reason of the nature of their magic and the usage of it. Many of those that she had slayed had risen dozens of corpses and skeletons as their own personal undead army. She had never heard of someone using it in the medicinal arts. She supposed something like necromancy was more flexible than what she had first imagined. Or maybe she was just biased into agreeing with Rohana because she had been nothing but kind to Sol and had even given her a second chance in life.

"Oh. No. Most have innate talent, as you said." She responded after giving it a moment of thought. "Some learn it through intense study though some are simply not capable of using magic at all." The Hunter leaned back and propped her hands behind her to support herself. "Most of the Hunters know basic magic that is bestowed upon us by Lady Velzhun. It is an extension of our arsenal after all." There were some who didn't quite put much value in magic. She certainly didn't. Sol only learned the bare basics so that she wouldn't have to keep going back to another Hunter for an enchanted weapon or holy water. "Perhaps after this, you can find a place of study as well." She didn't know of any necromancy schools - the mere practice of it would end up with a sword through your throat after all - but she was confident of many other areas of study as well that might be beneficial for Rohana to take.

Rohana looked directly into Sol’s eyes and gave a small nod. “My Mother and Father died during the rebellion our village had against the Council and Priestess. I was too young to remember. My Grandmother on the other hand was found out to be a necromancer and refused to go with them and was executed in the village instead.” She spoke matter of factly as she gave a small sigh. The heart yearned for her family, but she had learned a long time ago that such yearning was not productive. Instead, she focused on getting stronger and living, so she can honor their memory. If Rohana died, well, then so did the family’s lineage. Such things never mattered much to Rohana before. Most of the people in the village did not make Rohana feel anything close to an intimate feeling. Stubborn like her grandmother, Rohana refused to ever let herself settle for something she did not want. However, with the prospect of leaving the village and maybe even the Deadwood. Maybe there might be a chance at a life she felt she deserved.

It would seem Hunters were as special as Rohana had originally believed. “Intense study you say?” Rohana gave a look of astonishment at the thought. The necromancer had been born with the talent of magic and still had to do intense studying. Someone with no known gift could as well? Fascinating. “Yes, perhaps when we see this through I could find a place to study. Well, obviously not necromancy since I assume it is unwanted everywhere. Understandably so.” With a small shrug she made her way to the door. Her mind wandered on the possibilities of finding other ways to heal others.

Green eyes lowered back to the flasks of water, remembering what Sol had wished to do before their big journey. “I should let you enchant those flasks so the water becomes holy. We have a couple more hours before nightfall and I would like to take the time to review my grimoire.” Rohana looked back at Sol and gave a warm smile. “I shall be in my room. When you are ready to go just come let me know and I will guide you to the residence.” With that, the redheaded woman made her way to her bedroom and closed the door behind her.

Sol gave her a nod at the explanation. It was understandable. Nobody wanted to be under vampire rule - even those humans who practice tabboo magic is not exempt from the vampire's cruelty. She felt sympathy for Rohana. Gustavo had told her of the unfortunate incident that had resulted in her parents' death. However, she was too young to remember anything nor did she feel any loss for people she couldn't even remember clearly. However, the recent loss of her master and father figure was certainly something that was fresh and what weighed heavily in her heart. She couldn't imagine someone going through that twice. "Then it is truly no wonder that you also wish to see them erased." She commented. Revenge was as good of a reason as any. Though emotions may cloud judgement, it can also bolster one's will to finish something.

"Indeed. But there are many schools of magic where you can choose from. I'm sure you can find one that fits your tastes." Though, finding a master to aid in studying was difficult and not to mention, rather expensive depending on the person. She watched as Rohana made her way back to her room. "Of course. This will not take long." Once Rohana had closed the door, she had begun the ritual. She placed the vials in front of her and placed her hands together - her trinket clasped in between them. She began to pray to Velzhun silently - chanting her prayers repeatedly as she had always done before she leaves her place of residence for the time. The vials began to glow eight minutes into her prayer and the light died down once she was done. The water was shimmering more than what normal water would look like but it was nearly indiscernible to those who don't have a keen eye.

Figuring that Rohana would also like to wait until near nightfall to guide her to the residence, Sol decided to simply wait - exercising for the first hour to doubly make sure she's limber enough for her mission.

Once the hour has passed, Sol decided to knock on Rohana's door. "I am prepared. Shall we go?" She called from outside before stepping back, both hands linked behind her back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back