• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Welcome to WestView (Open)

Kio.exe

Road work ahead? Uh, I sure hope it does...

Welcome to WestView!

Welcome to WestView, population 11,821. WestView, a pristine town just north of Washington D.C, home to some of Pennsylvania’s most successful people. With picture perfect shops lining picture perfect streets, an education system set on “producing America’s next big leaders” and more money to go around than any one person could ever need, who wouldn’t want to live there?

Truthfully? WestView’s denizens are less than receptive to any newcomers, wary of ruining their perfect country clubs and spotless parks with the trash the outsiders always tend to bring—themselves included. It’s bad enough that they have to share a border with Crestfield, the rundown, oversized trailer park of a town that was separated from WestField by only a river. The difference between the towns is like night and day.

Crestfield, no more than a few hundred crumbling brick buildings and a stagnant pond, is home to a bit more hopeless sort of people. With jobs and an education system that ensure you never make enough money to leave, it’s no wonder violence and mischief abound throughout the town. Safety is in numbers—especially with the gangs roaming about the street at all hours of the day.

No one ever comes and no one ever leaves—until now.

The government has decided that they want to turn Crestfield into a commercialized district, and in order to do so its former residents must be relocated. Where, you ask? Why, their shiny neighbor next door, WestView of course!!

How will WestView’s citizens react to their new members? How do Crestfield’s members—laughingly affectionately called the Cresters—feel about being forced out of their homes and put into an environment so different from what they were used to?

The Characters
Characters can be of any age, and are expected to be diverse and interesting!! They can come from either Crestfield or WestView, and I will be trying to maintain an even number of both. If enough school age characters are made, there will be schooling events held, though I’d expect most of our characters to be somewhere in their 20’s-30’s, based off of interest I’ve already received.

Please, please, please no Mary or Gary Sue’s! They make the RP not fun, and tend. to be less developed! Besides, no one likes someone that’s perfect all of the time! Characters should have their strengths and weaknesses just like everyone else!! This can be explored in any way, and please do not hesitate to reach out if you need help! That’s what I’m here for!!

Romance is allowed and encouraged between characters, but please do not let this be the main focus of our roleplay! Any and all romantic interactions between characters must be consented upon by both parties and have to follow RPN guidelines—this means fading to black where needed.

Character’s must also be realistic—please do not make a mentally insane person from WestView who’s also a gang leader in Crestfield (that was just an extreme, I’d expect this wouldn’t happen). Please also use realistic face claims only for your characters. If you need help choosing one, our Discord has a rather extensive list of ones that I personally have used before. All character sheets must be approved by me (usually just by me reacting to your post) before any posts in character can be made!!

There is no character limit, but please do not bite off more than you can chew (I’m directing this primarily at myself).

The Rules
001: I’m putting this one first, so it cannot be ignored. Discord is required, if only because that is where all important updates, planning and other ooc chatter will be held. The link will be in the “Links” section of this post.

002: Absolutely no OOC hate, drama or discrimination of any form will be tolerated. I do not expect this to be an issue, as I know most of you are very lovely people, but I will not hesitate to kick you from the roleplay and report you to RPN staff if this becomes an issue. I take this matter very seriously.

003: As a literate to advanced literacy roleplay, I expect a minimum of 300 words per post, as I myself can easily write 600+ per character each post. I also expect at least one post a week per character. I completely understand that we all have lives that get busy, so if you need more time just ask!! I’d be more than willing to accommodate.

004: As the GM, any and all decisions made on my part will be final. I do, however, intend for this roleplay to be a community effort and would absolutely love if our members would make contributions towards planning, plot developing and anything else you’d like to help with!!

005: All RPN rules and guidelines apply here!! This rule is pretty self explanatory, so please listen to it. In our Discord, all of Discord’s TOS applies.

The Links
Discord: here

Character Sheets: here

In Character: here

The Info
If you made it this far and are still interested, thank you!! Please feel free to leave a comment below and to hop right into our discord!! If you have any questions at all, please PM me or ask them below or in the Discord!!

coded by Kio.exe Kio.exe

Welcome to WestView, population 11,821. WestView, a pristine town just north of Washington D.C, home to some of Pennsylvania’s most successful people. With picture perfect shops lining picture perfect streets, an education system set on “producing America’s next big leaders” and more money to go around than any one person could ever need, who wouldn’t want to live there?

Truthfully? WestView’s denizens are less than receptive to any newcomers, wary of ruining their perfect country clubs and spotless parks with the trash the outsiders always tend to bring—themselves included. It’s bad enough that they have to share a border with Crestfield, the rundown, oversized trailer park of a town that was separated from WestField by only a river. The difference between the towns is like night and day.

Crestfield, no more than a few hundred crumbling brick buildings and a stagnant pond, is home to a bit more hopeless sort of people. With jobs and an education system that ensure you never make enough money to leave, it’s no wonder violence and mischief abound throughout the town. Safety is in numbers—especially with the gangs roaming about the street at all hours of the day.

No one ever comes and no one ever leaves—until now.

The government has decided that they want to turn Crestfield into a commercialized district, and in order to do so its former residents must be relocated. Where, you ask? Why, their shiny neighbor next door, WestView of course!!

How will WestView’s citizens react to their new members? How do Crestfield’s members—laughingly affectionately called the Cresters—feel about being forced out of their homes and put into an environment so different from what they were used to?

Characters can be of any age, and are expected to be diverse and interesting!! They can come from either Crestfield or WestView, and I will be trying to maintain an even number of both. If enough school age characters are made, there will be schooling events held, though I’d expect most of our characters to be somewhere in their 20’s-30’s, based off of interest I’ve already received.

Please, please, please no Mary or Gary Sue’s! They make the RP not fun, and tend. to be less developed! Besides, no one likes someone that’s perfect all of the time! Characters should have their strengths and weaknesses just like everyone else!! This can be explored in any way, and please do not hesitate to reach out if you need help! That’s what I’m here for!!

Romance is allowed and encouraged between characters, but please do not let this be the main focus of our roleplay! Any and all romantic interactions between characters must be consented upon by both parties and have to follow RPN guidelines—this means fading to black where needed.

Character’s must also be realistic—please do not make a mentally insane person from WestView who’s also a gang leader in Crestfield (that was just an extreme, I’d expect this wouldn’t happen). Please also use realistic face claims only for your characters. If you need help choosing one, our Discord has a rather extensive list of ones that I personally have used before. All character sheets must be approved by me (usually just by me reacting to your post) before any posts in character can be made!!

There is no character limit, but please do not bite off more than you can chew (I’m directing this primarily at myself).

001: I’m putting this one first, so it cannot be ignored. Discord is required, if only because that is where all important updates, planning and other ooc chatter will be held. The link will be in the “Links” section of this post.

002: Absolutely no OOC hate, drama or discrimination of any form will be tolerated. I do not expect this to be an issue, as I know most of you are very lovely people, but I will not hesitate to kick you from the roleplay and report you to RPN staff if this becomes an issue. I take this matter very seriously.

003: As a literate to advanced literacy roleplay, I expect a minimum of 300 words per post, as I myself can easily write 600+ per character each post. I also expect at least one post a week per character. I completely understand that we all have lives that get busy, so if you need more time just ask!! I’d be more than willing to accommodate.

004: As the GM, any and all decisions made on my part will be final. I do, however, intend for this roleplay to be a community effort and would absolutely love if our members would make contributions towards planning, plot developing and anything else you’d like to help with!!

005: All RPN rules and guidelines apply here!! This rule is pretty self explanatory, so please listen to it. In our Discord, all of Discord’s TOS applies.

Discord: here

Character Sheets: here

In Character: here

If you made it this far and are still interested, thank you!! Please feel free to leave a comment below and to hop right into our discord!! If you have any questions at all, please PM me or ask them below or in the Discord!!

interested. also not sure if it's just me but the links aren't working
I only have the Discord link up, and the character sheet link will be up shortly!! Is the Discord one working?

interested! tho none of the links are working for me

The very long awaited character sheet thread!! I’m so sorry for the wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back