• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Welcome to the World of Remnant (Closed//IC)

Other
Here
Rouge Schnee
Rouge had stopped paying attention to her surroundings shortly after pulling out her scroll and was fiddling with something through it. It took her a couple seconds after she was spoken to respond, and when she looked up and saw the Atlesian cyborg she stiffened. You could almost see her snap into the Schnee bearing as her shoulders went back and her face went cold. She was about to speak when the small mysterious faunus popped up over his shoulder and spoke. She was momentarily distracted as the girl dashed off and the engineer part of her winced as she opened a window that was definitely not supposed to be open. It was only after the window was open that she noticed the man dangling outside it and turned back to the other Atlesian. When she spoke her voice was traditional Schnee refined, precise, and flat, "I am perfectly fine. If you want someone to help the idiot that just dropped in over there might be a better choice." For clarity's sake she pointed at the open window.

Addressed: Hesoj_Yarwar Hesoj_Yarwar Present: BrokenRemedy BrokenRemedy

Ash had observed the entire scene quietly, a grin on her face as everything happened in what felt like an instant. She saw the Atlesian boy approach them, registered his first aide statement, and prepared a nice and flirtatious response to give him... when she felt the sudden cold air of the airship's window being open. "What the actual fu-" She muttered to herself, only to be cut off by the various voices of conversation. The faunus who opened the window, speaking to an obvious dumb ass hanging outside the window. Then Rouge began to speak to the Atlesian, which brought Ash's attention back towards their conversation. With all of the chaos that had managed to surround the airship, and the steadily building anxiety in her chest, Ash once again found herself using her semblance in an attempt to calm down.

When Rouge directed for the boy to go save the dumb ass out the window, Ash interjected. "Wait!" She placed a hand on his arm. There was a long pause, half of it from Ash being distracted by the cool sensation of his metal arms, and the other half simply being her brain adjusting to the sudden flood of dopamine thanks to her semblance. Eventually she snapped back into focus, her playfully devious grin forming on her face. "You checked up on Rouge, but you haven't even begun to check me over. I have a lot of places that need... special attention. First aide certified, right?" A soft, fake, giggle escaped her lips as she squeezed his arm gently- not that he could feel it. "And then after you give me a check up, I'll return the favor. I'm just dying to know just how much of your body is made of metal." After a few more seconds of looking at him, Ash let go of his hand and stepped back, haphazardly leaning against Rouge's suitcase. Her flirty grin became more smug as she tucked her hands into her hoodie pocket, proud of what she could only hope would be her first victorious flirt.

The unexpected feeling of Cerise’s breath against the Atlesian’s ear made him twitch and grimace just a touch; he was not accustomed to his personal space being invaded so casually, and the idea that the weapon discharge had been anything other than an accident didn’t sit well with him.
A snap of movement brought his attention back to the smaller of the the two girls before him, and he was visibly taken aback slightly as she moved in a manner totally alien to her previous posture, and with an air that felt all too familiar.
She moves just like her... He thought, before the sudden gust of wind stung his eyes and caused him to cast his gaze about, looking for the source.
He was stunned and horrified by what he saw; being something of an engineer himself, he was all too keenly aware of how borderline impossible the sight before him should have been to produce. And yet, his eyes were not deceiving him.
The smaller girl’s comment, again reminding him of his Patroness, piqued his curiosity enough that he deciddd he’d ask her some very pointed questions... But, watching Cerise reach for someone Chrome could only barely see from this angle, he felt such questions would have to be postponed. Jumping forward, he was about to leap into action when a slight tug haralded the presence of something on his arm.
Looking at the taller of the two girls, Chrome was immediately struck by her sultry expression and model-level beauty. The invasion of his personal space earlier had distracted him from looking too closely at the girls before him, and so he hadn’t fully registered the extent of this Faunus girl’s compelling appearance.
Her words flowed from her lips like honey, and Chrome felt his heart rate pick up as his ears burned and turned a bright red; no one, no one had ever spoken to him like that.
And he liked it.
Dumbfounded though he was at the onset, after she finished her proposition and released him, he slowly grinned at her, before slowly letting out a hearty, genuine laugh.
Cussing under his breath, he gave her a mischievous grin in return, a sultry twinkle in his eye as he replied, “Well, That hardly seems like a fair trade for you, as I’d clearly be getting the better end of that arrangement.” He tried to put a bit of a purr in his words, but the influx of wind demanded a volume that muffled its effect a bit.
“That said, I’d be happy to continue this conversation after I ensure the... Specially Intelligent person outside doesn’t fall to their death.”
With a sly grin, Chrome slipped past her and rushed to the window, seeing the boy dangling there by some sort of sword rather precariously.
“Well, isn’t this a surprise? Did you leave your plane ticket in your other pants?” He called out, grabbing onto one of the metal supports of the window, his grip crushing it slightly and he pulled himself up into the window frame to reach for the dangling delinquent.

There were a lot of things that Glanos thought could happen when someone came to rescue him from his, ah, predicament, but a short, weak looking faunus ripping the aircraft’s window open with more force than should be possible for someone her size, or any size for that matter, before grabbing his arm, was not exactly one of them. That being said, he felt his following loss of composure was really quite justified.
As he realized that the person who was reaching out to him was, indeed, a faunus of all things he kicked her in her face to free his leg from her grasp, as he refused to accept any assistance from a faunus. He was not about to degrade himself by putting himself in the hands of an animal like her. And besides, she touched him. Him, of all people! Such impudence from scum like her would not have been tolerated back home, and he refused to allow it here either.
Glanos took out aegis, ready to reprimand the beast for its actions. Nothing permanent, of course, but enough to remind her of her place, in the dirt. before he could do any of that, however, he heard someone yelling at him from another direction. On instinct, he aimed his pistol at the newcomer, a look of righteous fury on his face. Seeing that the person he was aiming at was just a normal human, and wearing an atlesian uniform not unlike his own as well, he calmed himself down, holstered aegis, and grasped the atlesian's outstretched hand. Surely a person from his own homeland would suffice for his rescue, it was certainly a better idea than trusting the girl below him to not drop him into the forest below. Glanos steadied himself for a moment, finally having something more solid than harpe to hold onto, and responded to his supposed rescuer

“Yes, I suppose that wouldn't be entirely inaccurate. And my apologies for aiming my weapon at you, I'm under a fair bit of stress if you couldn't tell. Anyways, I'll remove my sword from the wall and you'll swing me in, got it?”

Not waiting for a response, Glanos pulled harpe out of the side of the ship, trusting the atlesian to not drop him. After all, why should he wait on a lowly commoner, albeit one that would likely be more competent, to get inside after he wasted so much of his precious time just dangling about?

Things had been quite for Calliope as she stood holding her lyre, Sappho. The winged woman had been looked over by those who were wanting to have fierce partners, immediately seeing her thin frame, wings, and warm demeanor as deal breakers. Which was something that Calliope had expected, and she did try her hardest to ignore the sting that came from such rejection. She was physically weaker. It was just an accepted part of her life, something that was shared by most swan faunus. But the young woman was dragged from her thoughts by a young woman being shot by a weapon, her eyes widening and her steps taking her forward. Calliope had always cared of others more than herself, and she was someone who was on pins and needles when others were in danger.

Poor thing, she just had to look out the window after seeing that both young women were fine.

"Someone get that boy in here this instant, he'll fall!" she exclaimed, her hand rising to her mouth. Thank goodness it seemed that two people had headed over to help the young man. Still, the woman felt like her blood pressure had risen to historic levels. What was this child thinking! Yes, she immediately thought of him like a child. It was a trait that she used while in Menagerie, it put all of the girls and boys who approached her romantically into a bind. They were children in her mind even if they were only a couple of years younger. She couldn't date a child!

She took in a deep breath to try to center herself, using her semblance to hum a tune to try to calm herself. She was still anxious, so she tapped her fingers on the top of her golden instrument that looked nothing like a weapon. Yet it was indeed a magnificent piece of weaponry, capable of long distance devastation with dust crystals and helping to focus Calliope's semblance. But that was Calliope, all soft and gentle even though she was going to be training to become a huntress.

The weapon pointed at him made the Atlesian pause; it seemed he had startled the dangling delinquent and the latter had an itchy trigger finger.
His nimble mind quickly ran through several possible courses of action, calculating the distance and reaction time, with his decided course of action being to try and deflect any bullets with his hand, freeze the gun, then subdue the assailant.
However, none of the proved necessary as the other boy spoke, and, after bolstering his weapon, grabbed hold of Chromes mechanical appendage.
Raising a brow, Chrome nodded to the other Atlesian; for his accent and clothing clearly marked him as such, and shouted over the wind, “Sure, On three; One- Oh Brothers why?!” He shouted, caught off guard by the other boy’s lack of hesitation or coordination.
Thankfully, his iron (Chromium?) grip on the window frame kept them from falling, though his feet were another story. Soon they found themselves both dangling from the window, and in order to maintain his hold on his Rescuee, he had to tighten his grasp to what he presumed was an uncomfortably tight level.
“A little coordination might be prudent in the future!” He chided, swinging his legs up to leverage himself against the window frame and start pulling them both back in.
“Cerise! Be a pal and pull on my belt if you would! I require more leverage!”

-

Once they were in the ship, Chrome lightly rapped his knuckles against the other Atlesian’s head; not enough to really hurt, but enough to make the other sit up and take notice. “You’re lucky the young lady here is strong enough to bend steel, otherwise we’d have never gotten to you in time. What in the name of Remnant were you doing out there any way? We’re you late to the bus stop or something?” He chided, before snatching the pistol from it’s holster, expertly removing the ammunition and then handing it back to him.
“Just a precaution, you understand. We’ve already had one student shot today and you’re seem a bit... jumpy. I’ll return the ammo to you once I’m reassured that you’re not gonna point that thing at anyone else. Pray tell, what is your name Soldier?” He asked officially, folding his metallic arms with a clank and awaiting a response.

Ash grinned when she noticed the reddened ears of the boy she was talking to. 'Success.' She thought to herself. Usually, this would be the point in time where her victim would grow largely uncomfortable and run away. The ram faunus waited patiently for him to dart, only to grow uneasy as she watched a grin form on his own face. Hearing him actually respond to her was even more unsettling, as all she could really do was stare at him. Her cheeks burned with heat, which she could only pray was an affect of her semblance and not an actual blush, and her mouth was agape, her brain unable to form any sort of comeback to his words. Her confident facade seemed to break as her eyes darted about the room, looking at anything aside from this boy who was actually flirting back. This was a first, a historic event, a milestone in Ash Kane's life... And though she had dreamed of a day when someone would flirt back, her dreams always consisted more of her responding to them with a witty comment, before the two would walk off into the sunset. Right now, there was no comment, and nowhere near any sunset. All there was, was a blushing faunus girl, awkwardly mumbling things to herself as the boy she was speaking with walked off to deal with the ships biggest problem.

"Continue.. the conversation..?" She finally processed his final words. If they were going to continue talking to him, Ash either had to work on her flirting skills, or be absolutely shitfaced from her semblance, or else she probably wouldn't survive. She watched the next few moments play out by the window, still in what felt like a flirt coma, as the idiot boy almost took both himself and her precious knight new cru friend. That definitely was not okay. Someone finally showing interest in her, dying by the hands of a clearly egotistical asshole? If he was going to die by means of an arrogant ass, it was going to be her(s), not him. Ash decided to play it safe for now, not engaging in conversation yet, if she could even do that properly now. When Ash's prey-turned-predator asked for Cerise to grab him by his belt, she couldn't help but let out a huff of disapproval. "You know, I could have pulled on your belt too!" Ash finally spoke up, shouting over the noise. She was starting to relax, trying to convince herself that this boy flirted with everyone, just like her, and that his words meant nothing. Keeping that thought in mind made it easier to keep her composure.

When the dumber of the two Atlesians was pulled into the ship, Ash had recovered from her regression into awkwardness, returning to her own arrogant self. Which obviously meant she had some choice words for this nuisance of a boy. She was halfway through her dedicated march in his direction when she heard the other boy sternly reprimanding him. Ash bit back any desire to comment on how attractive that was, only waiting for him to finish speaking so she too could lash out at this bastard. "Firstly," she pointed to the other male, "ditto to everything he said. Except I could care less about your name."

"What I do want to know is what the hell you were thinking?? First you're stupid, then you're stupid again trying to attack Cerise, and now you're even more stupid because... because your face!" Okay, so perhaps Ash hadn't completely overcome her awkward spell. "I honestly wish these two idiots would have let you fall, you ungrateful miscreant." Perhaps Ash's hate for the majority of Atlesian humans was making itself more present as she hissed at him, although she didn't quite care how she came off to this guy. As her anger simmered down, Ash copied the actions of the metal armed boy, crossing her own arms and glaring at him with utter disapproval.

One moment the smiling Faunus has a grip on the boy who dangled above the abyss, the next a boot was slamming into the girl's nose flinging backwards onto her rear, skidding a little across the interior and rolling a little before stopping in a sitting position holding her nose confused trying to process the entire situation. What had just happened? had he done that on accident flailing? no the weapon being pointed at her must mean that was deliberate.

"Why....why would you do that? What did I do?" though the shouts from Chrome had her quickly nod and sprint back over to grab his waist and pull him back, one small hand wrapped around his waist and pulling both him and his cargo across with minimal effort, the other slowly wiping her nose before listening to Chromes interaction nodding slowly in the background. No best give them benefit of the doubt right? turn the other cheek?. Putting her smile back on the stands next to Chromes side and simply smiles widely.

"The outside is dangerous, its quite a big drop....but manners right? I'm Cerise and this is Chrome!, Don't worry about all that though, Im sorry for shocking you I'm sure you just panicked" Chuckling lightly to herself as she turns to Ash, keeping her face best she can "Im sure it was just an accident and he didn't mean it miss, either way, nobody deserves to get hurt like that if someone can help stop it right? We're going to a really cool school, best to be friends rather than upset with each other before we even start right?"

Alaska Romero

Alaska just didn't care anymore. What was supposed to feel like a brief trip had turned into a lengthy herculean task filled with pestering individuals, with the exception of a single hunter, of oh so many shapes and colors. A girl shooting herself? Okay, who even cares anymore. Guy being stuck on the outside of the ship? Fine. That same guy kicking the gleeful faunus in her face before drawing his weapon? Whatever. A smooth and soothing melody that briefly reminded Alaska of a warm home she never had coming from somewhere within the airship? Cool, still didn't phase her in the slightest. The airship could suddenly go down in a beautiful blaze of fire and rain flames on the forest below and Alaska would probably remain as apathetic. All the shenanigans going on in that airship had fully drained her patience and she wasn't planning on giving it anymore of it.

Though there was an issue that needed some severe fixing.

Without saying a single word Alaska stood up and walked towards the group that started all this ruckus, her hand tightly grasping onto Winter's Warden. Anyone who stood in her way was either met with a gaze that screamed "Move." or a slight shove, nobody was gonna get in her path. Once she was close enough Alaska paused, stared at the group, slowly began rising her weapon, aimed and....turned to face the broken window. By pressing her shield against its frame what was once clear glass was now being replaced by a thicker layer of gelid ice. While Alaska didn't particularly care for the safety of any of the parties involved in the whole drama she didn't want any innocent bystanders to get dragged into it all and fall to their sure doom, an event that the 6 buffoons would surely laugh about (Ye I get that that's probably not the case but this is all based off of Alaska's perception of the rest). With the window now patched up well enough to make OSHA proud Alaska simply went back to her seat, closed her eyes and covered her face with one of her hands. It was all so tiresome, how much longer would she have to endure this hellhole?​

This was chaos. Up until now the flight to beacon had been just a quiet, nervous buzz. Now in a matter of mere minutes it had become explosions, broken glass, and teenage hormones. Well the last bit had probably been there all along, just hidden under nerves. If this was the best the world had to offer, if these clowns could pass the tests, Grenian was starting to wonder if it had suddenly become a much bigger deal that he'd had a hard time passing those tests himself. This year, well it was going to be an interesting one at the very least.

After initially jumping to his feet with the small faunas had ripped the window open Grenian had slumped back down into his seat. While keeping the odd crowd in the corner of his eye he opened his scroll to double check the schedule for the upcoming move in and opening ceremonies. There was what seemed to be a rather unusually long "pre-orientation" period just after their arrival, and Grenian had not been able to learn what would happen during that time from any of his sources. Wait. The time that event started was BEFORE the ship was scheduled to land. So that must be a typo, someone fat-fingered a few numbers. That made some sense.

As he closed his scroll Grenian saw the red haired huntress in training walk silently over to the broken glass and metal frame. He grinned slightly in anticipation of what he hoped would be a royal chewing out, only to be surprised by her next move. Ice. Lots of ice. Out of thin air this girl had summoned a small wall of the stuff to fill the gap left by the mystery faunuses efforts. It looked strong too, and Grenian got the feeling that it was not going to melt anytime soon. The green eyed hunter was impressed, and it showed slightly on his face. As she returned to her seat he leaned towards her.

"Cannot say that I was expecting that. Dust? Or was that your semblance that conjured all that ice?"

When the little soldier boy managed, somehow, to screw up what was supposed to be a very simple task, getting him inside the aircraft, Glanos was more disappointed than anything. I mean really, the fact someone parading around in Atlas’ military uniform had to get help from the little faunus girl to even get him inside was a disgrace. Of course, when Glanos was disarmed by the shorter boy, and especially his professional attitude forced Glanos to look at him in a new light. It appeared that he deserved more respect than he had been giving him.

As Glanos straightened himself to address his rescuer properly, he was interrupted by that insolent faunus from before, who began spouting on about being friends and other such drivel. He found himself extremely disinterested and tuned out her rabble almost immediately, but he did pick up on the name of the man in front of him. Chrome, huh? Well, at least he knew this guy’s name.

“My-”

He hadn’t even been able to say a single word before another faunus of all things came out of the woodwork to berate him about his conduct, and unfortunately for him, she was much worse than the other one. She was loud, obnoxious, and clearly an idiot, but above all of that was how she talked like she was better than him. It was simultaneously the most aggravating and comical thing he had ever seen. Of course, he wouldn’t dignify her brain-dead little speech with a response, rather once she finally shut up, he ignored the two Faunus completely, and finally got to address chrome.

“As I was about to say, My name is Glanos Logio, former Cadet of Atlas Combat School. My arrival here was highly unorthodox, I will admit, but rest assured I had no other options. I only made it into the country yesterday, so I missed Liftoff by a fair bit. Of course, I do apologize for my excessive violence. I was merely tense after being targeted by the anti-Grimm defenses and falling off the side. I meant you no…”

Glanos trailed off as he heard the sound of dust being used behind him, he turned around quickly expecting trouble, but only saw a giant wall of ice, and what was possibly the most intimidating woman he had ever laid eyes on. Dwarfing everyone in the room, she had a gaze that made even the most composed students in the room wilt under it.

”I thought that old bastard Turk said he had no living family. Yet this woman gives off the same feeling that he did whenever he was pissed. And… Oh, brothers, I’m why she’s mad. That is not good, not at all. At least she’s leaving.”

“Ahem, well,” Glanos cleared his throat and turned back to chrome, “ I meant you no harm, Chrome. But if you excuse me, I need to go sit down, I’ve had a bit of a tiring day.”

He promptly turned and walked off, heading towards the end of the cabin that was farthest away from Her so he could rest for the remainder of the trip.

Oh, and he needed to make sure he ended up on a good note with Chrome, he could be useful in the future, definitely good team material compared to the rest of this sorry lot

“Oh, and you can keep the magazine,” he called over his shoulder as he pulled out an identical copy of the magazine from inside his overcoat, loaded Aegis, and holstered it. “I have plenty of them. Custom made, engraved with my name, high-quality material, the works. Think of it as a token of gratitude. You ever need anything from me, just give that back.”

”and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you make an entrance”

Alaska Romero
"Cannot say that I was expecting that. Dust? Or was that your semblance that conjured all that ice?"

Every little event that had transpired inside that airship left Alaska in a state where any sort of social interaction would be swiftly swatted to the side (Even more so than usual), however after noticing the bald individual speaking to her Alaska chose to make an exception. Out of all the students inside the airship it was him and the Atlesian one the only two that struck Alaska as actual candidates to become hunters, though after getting involved with the drama the Atlesian student lost several favor points with Alaska. Judging by the sound coming from behind her the commotion had finally began to disperse so maybe now she could enjoy a moment of peace before their inevitable arrival. Alaska reached into one of her pouches and pulled out a thick jar-sized vial filled with contents that shined with a bright blue hue.

"Dust, though only of the ice kind, Winter's Warden isn't very compatible with the rest." Alaska said as she signaled her weapon with the hand that held onto the dust before placing the dangerous substance back into her pouch. "Alaska." With what could be considered the most bare bones and dull introduction possibly ever mustered out of the way Alaska offered the student her hand for a professional handshake.​

Strife never settled well with Calliope, and she walked through the crowd. Which was tough because those wings just did not suit cramped quarters. There were a few who ended up with feathers to the face and a sheepish smile. "Oh, I'm so sorry." She finally managed to make her way through and approached the feuding members of the congregation. "Oh, dear boy, are you hurt in any way? Silly thing, hanging off the ship. Could of gotten hurt, but all is well that ends well, right? There's no need for strife, yes?" The woman looked between the visibly angry ram faunus and the two humans with a gentle air.

Damn. Of course there were far too many people for her to affect with her semblance. So she turned to Cherise and offered her a gentle smile. "Surely, you agree with me that this matter is being overwrought? Why, even the window has been repaired by a most gallant hunter-to-be!" Which had been a most excellent display of skill. Honesty, it put her own to shame and she would be the first to admit it. Poor girl just wasn't as good as other hunters when it came to physical combat. But she utilized her skills and had heart, which had been why she had set forth to become a huntress.

As Chrome awaited an explanation from the other Atlesian, he found himself biting back a friendly retort to Cerise.

She was trying to be optimistic about this newcomer’s motivations, but Chrome wasn’t so sure. He honestly wanted to lock this guy up and give him a thorough talking to, and perhaps even another whack on the head; either way, he wasn’t letting his guard down yet.

It was about that time that the Faunus who made his heart throb joined the conversation. A mix of emotions swirled in his chest, ranging from guilt to wariness, and extreme interest and…

Clearing his throat, Chrome realized he was staring. A bit obviously, actually. Tensing slightly, he gave her a bemused smile and addressed her.

“Your face?” He chuckled, shaking his head and turning back to the boy, “That’s right up there with the belt comment…” He muttered, about to say more when, Glanos, as his name turned out to be, provided a brief, and somewhat dissatisfying, vague answer.

Former cadet, hmm? Interesting. I wonder what led to his expulsion… I need to learn more. He could even be a spy, or… No, I’m not ready to believe his incompetence was an act, so I hesitate to think of his an assassin…

He was about to give voice to some of these thoughts, when he noticed the woman he’d previously compared to an Amazonian stand up and approach.

His posture shifted, ever so slightly; something about her made Chrome want to trust her, but he didn’t believe for a second that she wasn’t dangerous. The question was; dangerous to whom?

As she displayed her power and sealed the window, the Scientist in him shot his eyebrows up.

Now that was a cool trick, and a nice shield.

As she returned to her seat, he made a mental note to ask to examine it later.

Glanos’ words brought him back to the present conversation, and he frowned, starting to unfurl his arms as he considered grabbing the cadet.

“I’m more interested in a proper debriefing than a trinket, cadet.” He stated, taking a step forward; “And I would prefer Warrant Officer C-“

Before he could finish his sentence, a loud voice came out over the intercom.

“Attention all students; this is your captain speaking. The more discerning among you may have noted an odd set up in the schedule provided to you when you boarded the flight, and you may find yourselves confused. Allow me to now clear up that confusion; initiation does occur before orientation, because we’re not dropping you off at the school…”

The booming, ominous sound of hydraulics and gears moving beneath their feet made Chrome look at the floor warily, suddenly realizing that a seam in the middle of the floor was opening.

“... We’re dropping you off right here. Grab your gear and come up with a landing strategy fast; because in sixty seconds, you’ll be falling into the Forever Fall Forest. Your goal- make it to Beacon alive. The first person you come in contact with once in the Forest will be your partner for the next four years. Choose wisely, and try not to die while you’re out there.”

---

Ash wasn’t exactly paying attention to the commotion over the intercom, or even the panic of the students around her. Her entire being was focused on the ignorant, loathsome, imbecile who acted as though he was superior to her. If there was any truth to this world, it was that she was the higher power of the two species, not him. Her anger blinded her, so much so that she was too distracted to flirt with Chrome- which was saying a lot. The tension forming in the air around her was almost tangible as she reached for her shotgun. Perhaps Rouge wouldn’t be the only one getting blasted today.

Only when she heard the sound of Chrome’s arms whirring did Ash pay attention to the situation around her, and by then, she had missed the most important part. The idea was to stay as far away as possible from Glanos if she didn’t want to be stuck with him forever. By the way she was staring him down, that hadn’t quite processed in her mind.

---

The Atlesian’s eyes went wide as the reality of their situation set in, his gaze catching a glimpse of the red trees below before he glanced about. How we’re all these people just supposed to land without parachutes? Couldn’t they at least jump out of their own accord?!?

There was no time to dwell on it, as the gap only got larger. Quickly cycling through his dust with a whirring sound just below his elbows, the dust cartridges in his arms settled back into place with the selection he had devised, combining air and fire in a manner very similar to what Atlesian ships used for propulsion.

“Quickly!” He Commanded the room, before reaching for Ash, “We need to-“

Before he had a chance to make contact, Ash charged towards Glanos with her horns. She tackled him at the same time as the seats retracted into the floor with a whir, and after a jolt, the doors, which had been slowly creeping downward before, suddenly dropped like a chute, spilling all of its passengers down to the forest below...

Last edited:
Rouge Schnee
Rouge only barely registered the activity elsewhere on the ship. A part of her mind filed it under kerfluffle at a safe distance and set it aside. The travel mode had misaligned and something had broken in the mechanisms. From what she could tell from the diagnostics on her scroll combat mode would still be fine, but she would have to fix it before it could go back to travel mode next. Hopefully she could fix it before she had to use it. Immediately following that thought the intercom came on with what she assumed was the captain's voice. She grasped the intent fast and rolled her shoulders.

Time to go now then, and hope the hammer would be fine. When the door opened she was ready, her hammer drawing out. In theory. She had planned for a landing strategy, but she had never had opportunity or reason to try it. Now was the acid test, and as the hammer clicked into normal formation she swung it down and activated the medium cannon. Turning into the fall and aligning her hammer she fired, throwing herself through the air. In theory she could propel herself horizonatally this way, and hopefully soften the vertical. Unfortunately she immediately crashed into the Atlesian girl with the military bearing she had seen on the ship, headfirst. She hit something hard and metal on the other girl so fast that her aura didn't absorb the full hit and was instantly quite dazed, which wasn't helped when her momentum followed through and her back hit the other girl too.

Smashed into: Servant Servant I wasn't specific w/ what metal she thing smacked into on purpose so you can decide whether its the shield or something else and whether Alaska is going to help the accidental faunus air2air missile. You can just assume she's dazed and do w/e ya want to ground, or like punt her or sommat and I can get her to ground

Cerise looks around at the announcement somewhat confused before the gap is noticed "Wait so where do we go from there?" though here time for a response is lacking and sadly her weapon was packed in her belongings, meaning she would need to adapt, that she could do. Shrugging she grins widely "Oh well...ALONSY!" leaping through the gap and forgetting the previous hit to simply laugh on her way down.

She adjusts her position for her fall while their dress flaps wildly on the decent, hair blasted back as she looks for something to use, hmm now she thinks about it they likely just needed to get to the academy right? so closer the better. It was then inspiration hit, a few quick fisherman's knots and removing the dress and she had a makeshift parachute, her smaller frame ideal to casually start gliding further along the way in her under bindings, swaying several times before grabbing onto the top of a trees tip and start undoing the knots before working herself to the ground with several hops, slipping the dress back on and looking around.

Hmm well, the academy was to the north, the suns over there, meaning shadows pointing to the west which means....that direction. Spinning around a little before pointing off in the direction and skipping off. Hopefully, she can get her belongings once they arrive at the academy.

Grenian took Alaskas hand and gave a few small but firm shakes before letting go. Limp handed people annoyed him considerably, as did those with exaggerated antics.

"Grenian Cobb, of Vacuo."

He'd planned on trying to guess where his companion was from, using her semblance as a crude reference, but his thoughts were interrupted by the voice over the intercom. Then cracks started to slowly form in the floor beneath him. He grabbed the arms of his seat and rose slightly out of his chair into a half-crouch, just hovering over the seat as though it had suddenly become hot.

"Well this might not be good." He spoke quietly to himself. "Ok, so we can't be that far off the ground, maybe I can....."

At that moment the floor beneath his seat jolted downward violently. Reflexively the hunter-in-training activated his semblance and watched everything slow to a crawl again. Some of the other students had been caught by surprise like himself, while many of the others had either been more prepared or just had better reflexes. Regardless, Grenian quickly realized the hard way that his half-hovering posture was ill suited to this scenario.

The sudden drop had jerked the grip of his left hand lose, and now he was being swung in a cartwheel over his right hand, which had somehow maintained its grip.

Well crap. He thought to himself as he spun in slow motion. If I hold on here, I could probably get a better idea of the ground below. But if I do that I risk yanking my arm out its socket. I've never tested it before but I don't think my semblance will take care of something like that.

Grenain decided to trust luck, and the hope that Beacon wanted to avoid killing their newest students. He closed his eyes briefly and let go of the seat, spinning off towards the trees below.

Calliope had been so interested in the kerfluffle before her that she hadn't noticed until people started falling that this was the final stop of this particular group. "Oh. That's unfortunate." She had enough time to be able to attach her harp in place on her back before the woman was airborne. She decided not to use her wings too much so as not to exhaust them, just lazily gliding over the scene of young adults like herself scrambling to try to make it to the ground without dying.

"Oh. Oh dear. That doesn't look good for him," she noted of a particular gentleman clinging to a seat. While his position permitted him a good vision of the grounds, it did not permit him a safe landing. Taking in a deep breath, she folded her wings in tight against her body so as to dive down. 'I'm a swan faunus, not a hawk. This isn't going to end well, I am most assured.' Still, her motherly instincts kicked in and she needed to help this young man not become a splatter upon the ground.

"Don't worry, I have you," she called out to Grenian, reaching out to grasp on to his body. Oh, but he was still holding on to the seat. That wasn't good since that was extra weight and strain on a very thin body. "Release the seat, sir. I have you if you can let go of." She cut off to let out a pained gasp, her wings spreading out to try desperately to slow their descent. This was more of a work out than she had ever managed; she had never tried to hold up a full human in her grasp while she was in flight. Clearly, that wasn't going to work for long.

vode635 vode635

Alaska Romero
"Grenian Cobb, of Vacuo."

Vacuo huh? Alaska couldn't say she was surprised, after all she had studied the Great War and if sources were to believed that kingdom was the birthplace of many formidable warriors. For what seemed like a split second Alaska's eyes shifted to a more cautious state, after all Atlas and Vacuo were once enemies, though she quickly reverted back to her previous expression. Grenian Cobb, that was a name she'd most definitely remember, more so as a potential ally than enemy.

“Attention all students; this is your captain speaking. The more discerning among you may have noted an odd set up in the schedule provided to you when you boarded the flight, and you may find yourselves confused. Allow me to now clear up that confusion; initiation does occur before orientation, because we’re not dropping you off at the school…We’re dropping you off right here. Grab your gear and come up with a landing strategy fast; because in sixty seconds, you’ll be falling into the Forever Fall Forest. Your goal- make it to Beacon alive. The first person you come in contact with once in the Forest will be your partner for the next four years. Choose wisely, and try not to die while you’re out there.”

Ohohoho, now we're talking. All throughout this trip Alaska had been mentally preparing herself for this moment, finally it was time to put all of her training to the test. With her shield on her back and her self-preservation left on her seat Alaska leaped off the moment the gap became wide enough. In the air maintaining a straight form was easy for her thanks to paratrooper training, however a very important element of that was missing: The parachute. Maybe she should've thought things a through a bit better. Whatever, the thought of becoming a bloody smear amongst the trees was encouraging enough to got her mind working, however just as she thought of a potential solution something smashed against her back and completely broke her concentration. Thankfully for Alaska Winter's Warden had taken the full force of the "attack" and so she was able to swiftly regain her balance, can't say the same for the poor sod who smashed against it though. Looking at what lay beneath her Alaska was able to spot her assailant, and would you look at that it seemed to be the same girl who'd previously shot herself in the face back in the airship. Well then, it'd seem that an unprofessional behavior really doesn't pay off in this sort of situations, this was just her karma taking place...Though the more Alaska observed her the more it became apparent that the huntress student wasn't at all in control of her fall. Alaska frowned, despite who it was she couldn't just stand (Or should I say fall?) idly by and watch a fellow student in danger, even if that student was quite possibly the most annoying person Alaska had ever seen. By pressing her limbs tightly against each other Alaska was able to gain up enough speed to reach the female student, with no time to waste Alaska wrapped her left arm around the student and pressed her against her torso. Using her free arm she shielded the two of them with Winter's Warden and utilized what remained of her dust vial to fortify the weapon with ice. They were approaching the trees at and alarming speed and with one final breath Alaska embraced for impact.

A shooting pain crawled up Alaska's right arm. Scattered pieces of ice lay all around the duo while behind them a tree was broken in half. While her weapon remained unscratched the same couldn't be said for Alaska. Upon incorporating herself she could feel her right arm simply dangling loosely and her mind went blank due to a concussion. In pain and with blurry vision Alaska left behind her weapon and the huntress and stumbled towards the broken tree where she sat in an attempt to regain her consciousness. Her dislocated shoulder had left her in a vulnerable state, but Alaska couldn't do anything about it other than curse under her breath.

SweetRose SweetRose , if ya want anything to be changed just hit me up seeing how this post is as much mine as it's yours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back