• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Welcome to the Wasteland: Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Angelofwishes7

Cuddly Red Panda
Subway 136 - Day 1 The bunker was full of commotion. It seemed like everyone everywhere was speaking about today's send outs. Some were complaining, some asking questions, while others were just watching in curiosity. The bunker doors have yet to be unlocked, that being said, none of the souls who were chosen to leave had shown up yet either, but a small crowd was already forming. Among them, the three captains stood.

Captain Robbert Gonavan stood with his head held high, showing no fear even if they only stood a few yards away from the outside world. He was the oldest of the captains and was the first captain to be voted for a year and a half ago. He served in the army when he was younger then joined a biker gang when he left. Many trusted him when it was voting time and many still do.

Alongside him stood a slightly taller and younger male, Christopher Rosery. Christopher was the second to join the rank of captains and he has very quickly become a huge member of the bunker's community. Being a great medic and being friendly to everyone there, he is considered the man most run to first when there is an issue.

The last captain was a female of Indian descent. Sabrina Krow stood still, almost hollow and unaffected by everything going on around her. She was a strong and powerful figure and she had both a hot-headed and occasional cold attitude to match. Of course, it was her idea to start sending out more people at once and it was her idea to start sending people out into the dangers of the wasteland.

There all three captains stood, each seemingly holding a small bag of sorts, most likely supplies that they would be giving the group when they arrive.

tags
FreeFaller FreeFaller fancries1 fancries1 Wendigo_ Wendigo_ Queen_Liyah Queen_Liyah GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Midrick Midrick
Feel free to start replying and interacting with one another! I will get something up with my character tomorrow because it's getting late here and I need to get some rest for tomorrow.

Last edited:
NICODEMUSoutfit: white tank top, jeans, black sneakers
with: midas
mood: hopeful
tags: none

Hippocleides doesn't care

"So Midas, let's go over the plan again. I'll be up front with all the other send outs. You'll be in the front of the crowd. Just as we leave into the wasteland, you'll bolt out the door, and we can stick together." said Nick as he switched between badly drawn slides, the final one of two happy stick figures holding hands.

After getting conformation that Midas indeed understood, Nick looked over the contents of his bag again. Switchblade? Check. Dress? Check. Definitely not stolen full makeup case? Check. Bra? Check. Bra inserts? Check. Clothes that he actually wants to wear? Check.

"Alright, it's almost time to go. Remember: If this doesn't work, we won't be able to stick together, so we have to do this." he told Midas again as he stood up and walked past the crowd that had formed, standing proudly as he waited for the others to arrive.

So why should I?
coded by lorde

Xavier Oslow
tumblr_oaboshfmgJ1qhetdno1_250.jpg

Xavier slung his bag over his shoulder, turning around and eyeing his father who sat across the room. He preteneded to read, which he did every time he got into a fight with X and was angry with him. The fight they had last night was one of the biggest arguments they had the whole year, and it was the first one Xavier didn't regret at all. X had been notified as well as everyone else that he would be one of the chosen to go into the wastes, which didn't anger him at all. It was X's content with this information that got his father angry, and the reason they were shouting at the top of their lungs at each other the night before. X had grown pretty tired of his father and he could feel that his father was tired of him, especially after last night.

X made a slow pace toward the door of their room, then gave his father one last look. His father ignored him still, not even wanting to address his son for what may possibly be the last time. Xavier spoke up, "Last night..when you said you wished that any of your other sons had been trapped down here with you in my place..did you really mean that?" His father looked up at him, a look of disgust on the old man's face. He slowly nodded, "I wish Matthew was home that day." Xavier turned his back to his father. He looked to the floor, "If I ever do return, I hope you're not here to see it." X quickly stormed off toward the opening of the bunker, he had a mission to go on.

Xavier shimmied his way through the masses, hearing "oooh's" and "ahhh's" as he passed through. It seemed he was the first to arrive, but he was still second, meaning he hadn't taken too long getting ready. He stood before the three captains, his head held high and his bag still fixed over his shoulder. He thought about his father, causing him to tighten his grip on the strap of his bag in an attempt to calm down. The young man wanted to be focused on the mission before him. Some may have thought it was suicide to send people as young as him out into that world, but he saw it as an opportunity to escape the world of the bunker, the world he had grown to hate.

He took in his surroundings. The crowds surrounding the group all had mixed feelings about their exit into the unknown it seemed. X could hear some mumblings of curiosity and others of pure hate. "You can't possibly be sending those kids out there, can you?" was a statement that had jumped out at X. He turned over his shoulder to see where it had come from, then directed his attention to the captain it was most likely aimed for. The strong demeanor of captain Sabrina was one he had personally always had distaste for. He knew if he was ever out of line around her, his father would most definitely be in his ear about it. That was always rather annoying. The other two however, were the ones he looked up to the most. They always looked out for anyone and had real calming auras. He felt confident that if they were on board with this, that it wouldn't be as bad as others in the crowd thought it would be. He let out a deep sigh. Now they would just have to wait for the others to make their entrance.

Last edited:

-Sarina Rollins

Just another day in the waste land

c l i c k
Sarah was getting her things together knowing what today was and knowing that she was chosen. As she was putting her belongs in the bookbag she need to turned around and saw her older brother, Justin , looking at her with her arms crossed. She just ingored him and rolled her eyes. "Don't roll your damn eyes Sarina, you know why I'm upset with you.". She chuckled to herself and says "Why because I won't be here to cook for you anymore since I'm going out there?".

Justin was furious at what Sarah just said to him and he replied saying "I don't need you to cook for me, I'm worried about my little sister to going out there without me". Her attitude softens and so did her guard was down. She went over to her brother and hugged him as tight as she could and she whispered in his ears says "I'll come back, don't worry about me. I promise".

Sarah kissed his cheek and she moved back to her belongs and putting them on her shoulder. She started walking towards the entrance with her long hair in a ponytail, her running shoes, her long black sleeve shirts with a matching pair of leggings. As she saw the others near the entrance she heard the small comment that made her stop for a second and turn to the caption, she ignored it because of shit she's eighteen and not a baby. She continued walking seeing she wasn't too late and she waited along for the others to arrive.
code by pasta

Harriet Carter

12918501_1529797700660494_77275034_n.jpg

"Harriet, did you listen to anything I just said?" Were the words that took the young woman out of her thoughts and back into the real world. Ever since she'd been chosen to head out into the wasteland along with the other teenagers in the subway, Harriet had taken into loosing herself in her thoughts more often. The worry and dread that came with the difficult task she'd been given prevailed in her mind, making it hard for her to focus on anything else. She currently found herself with her brother and sister in the small room they shared, packing her bag together with anything she might need for the trip. Flashlight with a battery that was about to run out, some bandaids, and the few clothes she'd managed to bring with her to the bunker. Her older sister, Eleanor, had been lecturing her on what to expect of the radiation outside, but Harriet hadn't bothered to pay attention.

Blinking twice and then focusing on her sister, Harriet gave her a smile and shrugged. "I'm sorry, you were saying something?" she asked playfully, much to Eleanor's annoyance. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. You've obsessed over this issue ever since I was chosen, Nellie, I've got all the information I need. Don't eat anything irradiated, try to find a geiger counter once I'm outside, and watch out for radiation sickness. I'm all good," Harriet reassured.

"Right. And how will you know if something is irradiated? How do you know how many rads you'll be taking with every second you spend outside? This isn't a game, Harry. You cannot take this lightly. " Her sister replied with a stern face. As a chemistry mayor, she took great pride in her useful knowledge of the radiation caused by the bomb, and believed it was the biggest threat her sister would have to deal with. "But fine, if you haven't listened to me the past few days I guess there's no point in bringing it up again. But for the love of god, try to find a geiger counter."

"I will. And don't worry, when an arm grows out of my chest and I start to feel like a zombie, I'll think of you," Harry replied with a smile, finally closing her bad after fitting the last shoe inside. After taking a quick look at her watch and noting she only had about five minutes to meet with the Captains and other chosen ones, Harriet grabbed her bag and began walking towards the bunker doors with her siblings by her side.

The commotion and disarray of the crowd was to be expected, especially in such an important day that would dictate the future of the community and its wellbeing. It was an enormous responsibility for the chosen ones to bear, but it was a necessary burden to take. Harriet noticed her brother's worry, as he grabbed her hand and squeezed it rather painfully for support. She turned to face him and playfully ran her hand through his head.

"I'll be safe, and be back before you know it," she mentioned, leaving a small kiss on his cheek and hugging her sister one last time before walking to the front of the crowd. She was thankful for being a good liar, since her brother wouldn't have to worry about her after her reassuring words. It was too bad she couldn't convince herself as well.

coded by dwale

tumblr_o26p5rsWlD1utij6do1_500.jpg
Jake Hansen

"Like I said Rick, I've been out in the wilderness since I was thirteen, I think I can handle myself in a hostile place where humans probably shouldn't be." Jake said as he walked with Ricky Sandoval, a friend of his. Him and Rick could kind of be called trouble makers, they never asked for it but a fight or altercation was alawys around a corner. "I dunno man, It's been awhile since those nukes were dropped, some crazy shit could have been created from the radiation." Rick was slightly smaller than Jake but they were definitely some of the biggest guys in the bunker. Another boy of 18, Benjamin Rylan joined the pair, making it a trio. "You excited to finally escape this piece of shit bunker Jake?" He asked. Ben Rylan was the smallest of their friend group, but he made up for it in attitude, Rick and Jake alawys chalked it up to little man's syndrome, Ben Alawys had something to prove. Ben was 5'7, a respectable height, but compared to Rick's 6'2 and Jake's 6'4, he was alawys the one the ass holes who hassled them went after first. All of them were fighters, and good ones at that, they had become frequents to old man Gonovans "office" usually having to answer to him after ending a fight. They alawys got the threats and strong talk about them being sent on extended trips to do manual labor, but they were beginning to think he was starting to like them. "Well Ben, seeing as I'm going into an irradiated wasteland where a nuclear winter is probably happening, yes, gives me the chance to get away from those greaser dickheads who think they're the 'bee's knees' as they would say." The two other boys laughed at his response, sarcastic replies were Jake's MO, and Ben and Rick usually had their fair share of remarks as well. The three continued until the ran across the doors where Jake would soon be released into the hostile, decimated wildlands that would temporarily be his home. "Shit man, just being here you can feel that the tension could be cut with a spoon." Ben said as they stopped. He told them that his name had been drawn to go out on the expidition into the wastes. Ben and Rick's parents were the closest thing Jake had to a family down in the bunker.​

Jake mentally checked off the inventory of his bag. clothes, bullets, water bottle, gloves, sleeping bag. He knew there was more but he decided to just think about the essentials. He wore a staple of him and his friends, combat boots, slim cargo pants, a lightweight grey hoodie with the sleeves rolled up, and a sleeveless leather jacket. Very biker, much tough. he thought to himself. He also had a Ka-Bar knife strapped to his belt, he kept it extremely sharp and kept it close, if the bombs hadn't been dropped he probably would have carried it with him when he joined the marines. "Well, hold down the fort while I'm gone guys." Although they would have thought it to be a sign of weakness to get emotional, they all bear hugged each other. "And please make sure to keep those greaser fucks in check, don't let them harass any more of the girls down here." This brought a laugh out of all of them. A few weeks back they got into a scuffle with their "rivals" when they tried hitting on one of the girls Ben had his eyes on, when she asked them to leave her alone and they didn't, Ben spoke up... which led to another trip to Gonovan.​

Jake stepped into the crowd which was alive with discontent. Some recognizing him as one of those chosen to go out. Those who did either wished them luck or offered their condolences. He finally made it through the seething mass that was the crowd, he stopped next to another one of the people who were voluntold to go out. "Hey, Harriet was it? I'm Jake... and I'm guessing you got told to go out into the shit storm of a place called the wasteland like I did?" If he was going to be out in a region where death was lurking around every corner, he might as well make some friends.

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 fancries1 fancries1

Edward Kapel
original.jpg
Edward walked down the dimly lit tunnel with a nervous gait. In one hand, he held a lightweight hiking bag with some miscellaneous gear, one of the few things he was fortunate enough to have with him in his car when the bombs were detonated. In his other hand, he held the small hand of his little sister, Elizabeth. They walked together in silence. Elizabeth hadn't taken the news of Ed's departure very well, and had been refusing to speak to him ever since he told her. Even at nights when Ed would read to her, Elizabeth's traditional engagement in the endeavor had ultimately disappeared once she learned that her older brother would be disappearing as well. She may have been young, but she knew full well what lie ahead for Edward. It didn't take very long for her to connect the nuclear bombs she read about in discarded history textbooks and the enormous fireball she had witnessed on the day she and her brother retreated into this subterranean world, and a quick follow up with research into scientific books resulted in her understanding of the nuclear wasteland that lie beyond the surface. Eventually, Edward decided to attempt to break the silence for what felt like the billionth time.

"It won't be that bad, Liz. Think of the bright side, I'll get to explore the outside for the first time in forever and bring back some cool stuff for you. I bet I could find a few decent books. I know you have to be tired of reading Cosmos again and again. At the very least, I bet I can bring back a few turkeys, or maybe even a deer" he said warmly, perhaps putting on a false confidence.

"That's if you come back at all, Ed" she responded, incredibly coldly. As she was speaking, Edward sat against the wall, opening his pack to go through its contents for one final check. He went over his gear quickly in his thoughts: "I've got my sleeping bag and a tarp with cord which I can use as shelter, so my sleeping system is set, even if it'll be a bit uncomfortable. My water filter, a few cheap lighters and boxes of matches in a plastic bag, a rain jacket, an extra set of clothing. A beaten-up walkman and assorted tapes. That's essentially it. Except," he thought, as he pulled something slim out of his pack. He turned to Elizabeth, who had joined him in sitting against the wall, although she had placed a reasonable amount of space between them.

"I'll always be back, Liz. You know how stubborn I am, so I'm sorry to tell you that you're not lucky enough to lose me just yet, I'll still be around to annoy you." She couldn't help but let a smile slip through as he said this and continued on, "However, I am going on a bit of a trip. So I can't be the adult for you while I'm gone. What to do, what to do..." he said, feigning as if he were pondering a very complex thought. He held out the object he had pulled out of his pack to her, a fixed blade knife, saying, "You're a lot stronger and smarter than you know, kiddo. I think it's time I gave you something that will allow you to take care of yourself. It's pretty similar to the one I have" he said, showing her the sheath that he had concealed on his belt. There, he kept his go to weapon, considering he had no others at the moment. "Remember, it's not a toy. Having that requires a lot of responsibility. Do you think you can handle that while I'm gone?"

"Of course I can, I won't let you down!" she said, with an almost oddly eager tone. "You shouldn't have to worry about me, just focus on making it back here." At this point her tone was slowly climbing back down to a saddened level. "Before you go, I have something for you, too..." She dug around her pockets for a moment before bringing out a self-wound wrist watch. "I found it when I was exploring the tunnels, and I figured you might like it. You better take good care of it." The wrist band was worn leather, but still in good condition. Edward wound the watch and corrected the time to find it functioning perfectly, even after it had been abandoned for so long.

"I love it, thank you Liz." Ed said sincerely, noting how proud Liz looked of herself as he said that. He stood up, and then helped his little sister to her feet. As they walked on, the two could begin to hear the crowd up ahead. Suddenly, Elizabeth hugged Ed, stopping them in their tracks. With her voice trembling, she said to him, "Just be sure to get home soon, and safely." She began to run in the opposite direction, yelling back at him, "If you don't bring back any good books, I'll send you right back out!" Edward couldn't help but smile, and shouted his goodbyes as she took off. Then he began to make his way through the crowd, searching for the others who had been selected to venture towards with him.​

af91b62ec19a6ff77d14152e82c5ec98-jpg.458011
Athena Ann Carter
Day 1 - 10:00 AM
Athena had spent her morning writing in her diary, collecting her belongings, and trying to mentally prepare herself for the outside world. The world she had not seen in over a year. It was a scary thought. The thought that they had all been trapped under here for so long, and the thought that they will now have to leave to venture out into the unknown.

She gathered her belongings quickly, not wanting to be late to the "ceremony" of sorts. She didn't have much, it wasn't like anyone planned on coming down here. But she did have a few items, an empty metal water bottle that she hoped to fill before she left, a small backpack, and a slightly torn map that she always kept in her backpack in case she got lost.

She soon began walking away from the small wooden shack that she had been sharing with a few other people and headed toward the bunkers make-shift entrance, only stopping to fill her water bottle. It was dirty and will definitely need clean, but anything would help. A crowd had already formed along with the other people whose names were picked. The three captains stepped forward out of the crowd, Christopher handing his bag of supplies over to Robbert and walking over to the terminal that controlled the door to the outside.

While Christopher was working on getting the door open, Robbert spoke up to the crowd. "If the chosen souls may walk forward, we have your rations." He spoke calmly as he began sorting through his bag. "We will be giving all of you. two bottles of water and two rations of food to start you up. We know it's not much, but you must understand, we don' have much to give you either."

It was then someone spoke up from the crowd, obviously upset. "By why send them?! None of them have even hit 20 yet!" It was a woman, probably in her early 40's. Sabrina snapped her head in the direction of the voice. "Will you like to take their place? Or so you want to go out with them now?!" She was stern and suddenly the crowd grew silent. Sabrina spoke once again. "If they don't come back, don't worry, anyone who wants to complain will be then next to replace them!" She paused for a breath's moment. "I'm not sure if you all have noticed, but we are almost out of food. Nobody wants to force people to leave the bunker's safety, but someone needs to go out there or we will all die." With this, she looked back at the group who had made their way from the crowd to gain their supplies. "One at a time come up here and we'll hand you what we got."

One by one, the group stepped up, being handed two rations of food and two bottles of water. Just as the supplies finished being passed out, the door to the bunker began to slowly open. "Everyone cover your eyes a bit, don't want to the light to blind you." Christopher's voice could be heard along the screeching of the door. The smell of river water and fresh air began to fill the bunker, along with a blinding light.

As soon as the door was fully open and everyone's eyes were used to the light, Robbert spoke up, breaking the silence. "You have three days." He sighed. "In three days we will open the bunker door again for fifteen minutes. No longer. If you are not here..." Robert closed his eyes and sighed before looking at the ground then looking back up at the group. "Well, we'll go over what's next then."

Sabrina and Robbert walked to the side, watching as the group got ready and headed out to the unknown.

Walking out into the unknown Anthena looked around at the desolate land. It was so familiar, yet different. All the trees had died, yet new ones were growing, and the nearby buildings looked to be on their last legs, some of them had already fallen. The water of the river looked filled with dirt and grime and there were a few rotting remains laying outside the entrance, the bodies of the poor souls who didn't make it. A few of them looked like they had been torn at, possibly by an animal.

It wasn't long after the group was outside that the sounds of the doors closing could be heard from behind them. The sound of the door locking itself for some reason made it all seem real, as if it wasn't before. They were now trapped with no shelter and only a few rations of food and clean water. Athena began to wonder if they would actually survive.

Xavier Oslow

One by one each of the lucky losers had approached the group and stood before the three captains as he had done. He looked around at the group he would have to rely on to have his back out there, all of which he had at least seen around. He immediately recognized Jake which was no surprise, anyone in the bunker could have recognized Jake by now. Over the past year from what he could recall, the young man had come to be feared among his peers for the number of scraps he had gotten himself into. He was damn near a regular for being disciplined, something Xavier had made an effort to avoid in his time there, though he was caught for stealing here and there. However, he hadn't gone out of his way to interact with the guy because it seemed the guy got a rise out of kicking ass, which was an energy X couldn't be bothered with. Not while being trapped down there anyway. Regardless of whatever had transpired in the past year, they were allies now, and he knew Jake would be an asset to the team.

His eyes then fell to the rest of the group, who's faces rang bells in his mind, but names weren't coming to him. It was times like these X wished he had spent more time making friends down here rather than going back and forth with his father. It had come time for them to take steps out into the world, which the crowd was still torn about judging by the outcries. The captains disregarded them for the most part, only Sabrina snapped on a woman briefly, which sent shivers down Xavier's spine. It was only when that woman spoke about sending them out there that he felt like there was no belief that they would return. He hadn't considered it before but realized now that that was a harsh possibility. He only tightened his grip on his bag, bracing himself for departure.

He adjusted his bag once he finished loading the starting supplies they had given them, sling his bag back on his shoulders once again. The group advanced onwards outside the bunker, coming closer and closer to this light. He couldn't remember what authentic sunlight even felt like anymore. Before long he was feeling it again, and with it, a sense of euphoria came over him. It was odd that in a time like this he felt happy, perhaps the feeling free again was liberating to him. He stretched his arms out, scanning his surroundings as it seemed like one of the others seemed to be doing. He could remember all of these buildings as they originally were. This was off of 5th ave, the main street wouldn't be far, which reassured him. His surroundings were foreign, but if at least some landmarks survived, they wouldn't be totally screwed.

It had occurred to him that they had barely spoken to one another, not that they had much chance to. He turned his attention to address the group, "Im X, for those that don't know already. I enjoy long walks on the beach and all that good stuff." he joked, hoping to break the ice. He continued to scan their surroundings a bit further. "So what's the move, team?"

Last edited:

Harriet Carter

Harriet turned when she was addressed by her fellow subway inhabitant, not really expecting to any kind of encounter. "It's Harry, but you're right. What gave it away, the backpack or the fact everyone's been looking at me like I'm a cow in its way to the slaughterhouse?" Harriet replied with a smile. She'd seen Jake around a few times before, maybe even exchanged some words with him in the past, but she couldn't remember being formally introduced or holding a conversation with the man ever since the bombs dropped. Despite not knowing him, she supposed she could at least try to trust the stranger (something she wouldn't do under normal circumstances). After all, they couldn't just go on their merry ways after the doors opened and they were forced outside.

When the captain asked them to come forward, Harriet was stopped by a familiar hand yanking her backwards by her shirt. She turned to confront whoever had done it, only to find her sister handing her a revolver. "I managed to grab it before the bombs dropped," she explained, "It only has two rounds, so you better look for ammo outside. I didn't tell you because...well, I don't trust you with guns considering who taught you how to fire them. But it will really be better if you have it, just in case," Eleanor said with a small, proud smirk. Harried grabbed the small revolver and quickly packed it inside her pants (as she had nowhere else to put it).

"Thanks, sis," Harriet replied, hugging her siblings one last time before quickly joining the rest of the group, who were listening to the captains answering questions regarding the expedition. Honestly, she didn't care much for who was being sent out. In her eyes, they were all equally doomed, no matter the age. She followed the others when they were given their rations, and turned around to look at the people in the bunker one last time as the doors opened and closed. Their chances of making it back were incredibly low, so she wanted to make sure she would at least be able to remember the faces of the people she was leaving behind.

The wasteland was in a better condition than what she'd expected, only because some buildings had not completely collapsed. Her first instinct would've been to explore the abandoned buildings, where it was likely people would've left their belongings behind. But the buildings were in horrible condition, and looked like they would fall if a beetle touched the floor, let alone a group of humans. That left them the option to wander what used to be the street in search for supplies, which wasn't such a bad plan. Harriet was sure that there would be a plethora of corpses laying around that still carried valuables with them.

What did worry her, however, was the state of the corpses outside of the bunker. They looked horribly disfigured, and Harriet had seen enough decaying bodies to know that this didn't happen naturally. Such a grisly sight could only be a product of a savage beast, or an incredibly disturbed human. Whatever it was, Harriet could only hope it had already left the premises. She was definitely not looking forward to dying on her first day outside because of some stupid animal.

"I'm Harriet, call me Harry," she exclaimed, following the others who'd begun to take initiative and started to introduce each other. When one of her teammates, X, asked what their plan was, Harriet pointed at the ruined buildings. "Those probably have the most supplies, but I wouldn't risk going into them. There's no telling how weak those buildings are and, I don't know about you, but dying from being crushed by a building is not the epic way I plan on going out," she explained. "I say we search the corpses in the area, or search for smaller buildings that may not be in such a bad shape. If that leads us nowhere, we could always look around the woods and see if he can hunt anything. As of now, what I really want to find is a geiger counter, help us see the levels of radiation. I think. Damn, I sound like such a nerd,"

coded by dwale

"Ooh, a corpse." Jake said before he crouched down to search it, it was mauled thoroughly, something big had been at it, bear... or maybe something new. he found some 30-06 hunting rounds. more for the rifle I'll find. he thought to himself, he grabbed 2 boxes that had 20 rounds each just before he ran for the bunker. Only problem was that he didn't have a gun to shoot them with.

After hearing the speech from captains and grabbing the supplies, he surveyed the landscape, not as fucked up as he thought it would be. River, trees growing, only problem was they couldn't use any of it. They didn't know if it was irradiated or not. If they killed an animal as no wanted to cook it, the wood would irradiate the meat if they tried to make a fire.

He stowed the box of 20 in his bag and grabbed his gloves, Oakley pilots, tacticool. He thought to himself. He put the gloves on a stood back up. "Seeing as we're doing this entire intro thing, I'm Jake, and if we're also thinking of going somewhere, I say we break into a gun store." he said this while he squinted at the distant outlines of buildings. "Because besides this knife, and that .38 pistol we don't got anything else." he motioned to Harriet as he mentioned the revolver. "Because if there are other people, you can bet that they're gonna want what we have, and if whatever did this." he motioned to the bodies "Gets hungry again, we're on the menu." he couldn't see any tracks around "And X, get a cooler nickname, X just makes you sound like an asshole, try professor X." he was clearly joking, but he didn't know how he would take it, it would help though in feeling out his teammates. Jake knew the people who survived on the outside were going to be very aggressive, probably insane, and wouldn't think twice about popping them. Jake walked over to Harriet and said quietly "You see anyone who isn't us. shoot them, cause they won't think twice about shooting or attacking me, you, or anyone else here." He already had a feeling it was gonna be a real... interesting three days.

fancries1 fancries1 FreeFaller FreeFaller

NICODEMUSoutfit: white tank top, jeans, black sneakers
with: the group
mood: betrayed
tags: fancries1 fancries1

Nick looked around at the people he would likely spend the rest of his short life with. He looked back at Midas, giving him a quick nod before stepping up to grab his rations

He watched with awe and horror as the door opened, and he stepped out, waiting for his friend to follow him. “So, Midas, this certainly is... different.” he said, looking back. Midas had a face of utter horror, frozen in his tracks. “Midas? Come on!”

“I- I’m sorry, Nick... I don’t think I can.” said Midas as the door closed. “Midas!” Nick slammed his fist on the door, before trying to pry it open. “Come out here! Don’t you dare do this!” he yelled, going back to slamming.

He took a few second to gather his bearings, holding back his tears. “I’m... I’m Nick... or Nico, whichever you prefer.” he said, sniffling. He chuckled softly Jake’s joke, joining in on making fun of people’s nicknames. “Speaking of Harry, you need to shave. You’re growing a bit of a mustache.” he joked, motioning around his lips.

So why should I?
coded by lorde

Harriet Carter

Harriet ran her hand through her upper lip, mimicking the actions of Nico after he'd mocked her nickname. "What's the matter? Do you feel intimidated because a gal like myself can grow a better moustache than you could?" she replied. While she wasn't fond of people who were basically strangers (despite the fact they'd lived in the same bunker for a while now), she was glad the group members were starting to feel comfortable with each other.

Despite the fact Harriet was a gun owner, she had never been a fan of them, even back when she lived with her parents who believed guns could solve about every problem. Still, she understood guns were necessary if they planned to survive the apocalypse. "Jake's right. I've got a pistol, but dearest sister of mine only managed to grab two rounds before the bombs dropped. We need ammo, and weapons to arm everyone who knows how to use a gun," she declared, turning to face Jake and give him a friendly nod. "However, gun stores are probably not a good idea. I'm willing to bet we're not the only humans out here, and everyone and their mother probably got the same idea of checking out the gun stores first. We're lucky if all they did was take everything and didn't set up a camp there. Otherwise, we could be dealing with some pretty unstable, and armed, people."

She took a deep sigh and rubbed her nose. She didn't want to risk finding others in a gun store, or any other known place with guns for that matter. She knew of other places where guns were usually hidden and weren't too far from where they were, but she didn't particularly want to go digging around those places. Still, she knew their survival was more important than the memories she was trying to avoid. Not to mention, the survival of her siblings, as well as the others in the bunker, depended on their success. "Look, let's just say I knew people who knew people who were involved with criminal gangs and mobs. I know where some of their New York bases are, and they're usually in the basements of night clubs or restaurants or old warehouses. I say we head on over there, considering its not too far and the chances of every single member of those gangs surviving the bombs is not too high. There should be enough ammo and weapons to go around," she commented, crossing her arms across her stomach as she addressed the group. "If we're really lucky, we might find some food and drinks. Just a warning, all drinks will probably be alcoholic. There's one hideout that had the best rum and cola you could ever dream of."

"What I said before still stands, though. We need food, water, medicine, and I still want that god damned geiger counter, maybe even a gas mask or two," she commented. "Again, all stores have probably already been sacked or still have people inside of them. Same goes with hospitals and stations, I say out best bet is to look for old houses and community centers. Those usually have those canned goods that wont expire until the sun burns out."

coded by dwale

Xavier Oslow

Turned his attention to Jake and Harry as they introduced themselves. He thought about what Harry had suggested, which sounded like a pretty solid idea. He nodded in agreement, "Good thinking princess. From what I remember, people were stocking up on supplies before the bombs did drop. Some of that stuff might be left over, including a Geiger counter if we're lucky." His attention was adverted to Jake when he spoke up, cracking jokes on his name, which he took pretty lightly. He smiled, "Professor X makes me sound like even more of an asshole. Besides, I'm no mutant yet."

He did think that they were onto something when the idea of searching for weapons began to be tossed around. It had been a year already though, which meant that their group was at a disadvantage when it came to supplies if there were survivors out there. Regardless, they needed to arm themselves and fast. His attention went right back to Harry when she mentioned knowing some spots that may have weapons and alcohol. "If that's the case, I say we head there first and arm ourselves. That way when we go searching for food, water, and other essentials, we'll be able to defend ourselves." he nodded.

His took a few more steps outward, taking a closer look at the corpses that lay outside of the bunker and sighed. "We should probably get moving fast too before whatever got these poor bastards doesn't sniff us out and come back for seconds." The city looked so different and it had only been a year. He didn't live in this area exactly, but he could recall passing through it from time to time. It had been blasted almost beyond recognition now and the group had more than just the radiation that was left to worry about. Crazed survivors, free-roaming beasts, and deteriorating architecture were tacked onto the list of things to be wary of. To sum it all up they only had three days to complete their mission or else their people would run out of their rations. This was a stress he did not prefer to deal with.

Last edited:

-Sarina Rollins

Just another day in the waste land

c l i c k
Sarah was watching the group of people that she would be with for the next couple of days and hell they didn't seem to bad what so ever. As they were all conversating with eachother she learn some names alone the convo, she knew Harriet or Harry since they did talk from time to time in the bunker and then there was Jake who made a joke on Harry and then there was X, good looking dude, looks bad ass but definality not her type. As the doors open she looked at city it self, it looked horrible and it changed so much since her brother and herself been locked up in the bunker for the year.

Sarina turned around as she heard the door closing behind her and saw her brother looking at her and as she read his lips saying 'I love you', she smiled and waved goodbye and the doors shut behind her and the group. Sarah overheard the plan for hitting the gun store which was the perfect idea since everyone is low on ammo and there are crazy things out there even though she's not a gun person, her brother was since he used his anger to go out hunting upstate for the weekend, all Sarina knew how to load it, and clean it, but never really shot a gun, but hey it's always cool to try new things, so this could give her a chance. Noticing that Sarah didn't even introduce herself to the group she stepped up a bit and says "Hey I'm Sarina but, you can call me Sarah". There were only three days to do this supply run and she might as well make the most of it of getting to know new people.

mentions: fancries1 fancries1 , FreeFaller FreeFaller , GumGumChomp GumGumChomp , Midrick Midrick
code by pasta

Athena Ann Carter
Day 1 - About 10:20 AM
Athena Watched as everyone spoke to each other, but she felt like her attention was elsewhere. Her attention was actually drawn to the bodies that laid sprawled out on the ground. Though she expected to find dead out here, she didn't expect so many, and some on closer inspection looked like recent deaths. She quickly brought her attention back to the group. "I'm Athena, and sorry to cut the meet and greet short, but we should get moving in case whatever is out there comes back." She gave a stern look at everyone before taking a few steps toward the city streets. She didn't want to come across mean or aggressive, but the last thing she wanted was to be face to face with something looking for a quick meal. If that's what whatever did this was looking for. It seemed strange that a creature would just eat a small portion of it's kill then run off.

Before she could even make it toward the road, she paused. The sounds of multiple gunshots could be heard up ahead along with a terrifying screech of some sort. She wasn't sure what made the sound, but it didn't sound like any human or animal she had ever heard of before. Athena felt her body grow goosebumps as she took a slight step back. "Let..." She paused feeling her heart beat out of her chest. It was only after she heard another gunshot before what sounded like a boy screaming off in the distance did she seem to snap back into reality. Though the boy was clearly calling for help, the screams of whatever was attacking him echoed off the nearby buildings and made it clear that he wasn't going to make it. "Let's not go that way." As soon as she said that one more gunshot was heard and it went silent again.

It was hard to hold the fear as she turned back toward the group and begun heading in the opposite direction the sounds came in. She didn't want to know who the winner of that fight was, nor did she have to guts to even go and see. She continued walking, not sure if the other's would follow, but at the moment she just wanted to get away from there.

She found herself walking south and toward the river, the water was a strange brownish green and was filled with debris. She sighed before looking back toward the buildings that sat along this side of the city, most of them in ruin, small houses that didn't make it. After a moment she looked back at the group, not sure what to say. "We can try finding supplies around here?" She suggested, "The houses look to be in ruins, but we may find something in the rubble."

A sound similar to this but louder and a bit more high pitched.

tags
FreeFaller FreeFaller fancries1 fancries1 Wendigo_ Wendigo_ Queen_Liyah Queen_Liyah GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Midrick Midrick

The sounds are coming from the North in the direction of Chelsea and Gramercy District. Right now Athena headed South a little bit, going closer to the river and going down toward Soho district. (Need the map? Check out my Character Sheet.)

Last edited:
Edward Kapel
original.jpg

Edward stepped out of the bunker apprehensively, tightly gripping the straps of his backpack. The sun blinded him momentarily, forcing him to shield his eyes until they gradually adjusted. What struck him at first was how drastically the outside world had changed since the last time he was out in it. The skeletal remains of the skyscrapers that were now overgrown with vegetation and intermingled with other signs of mother nature's return were present in abundance. Edward reached down to the ground to pick off the stem of a small plant that was growing, analyzing it closely and appreciating how odd it was to see all of this after not only an extended stay in a bunker, but multiple direct nuclear strikes.
Once Edward came down from this momentary dream-like high, he noticed the other members of the group engaging in conversation, getting to know each other, coming up with rudimentary plans. For the moment, he opted to stay out of the conversation due to something much more disturbing catching his attention. The bodies sprawled across the ground looked much less like human corpses than they did the fresh scraps coming out of a butcher's shop. As an avid outdoorsman, Edward had seen the carnage that bears and other predators could leave behind, but this paled in comparison. A sustained uneasiness took over and had replaced the previous joy he had felt at first, which was perhaps a bit more normal seeing as the whole lot of them were marching into a situation most thought they would not return from.
Edward began to move closer to the group as Athena took charge, only to see her stop at the sound of the screams and turn the other direction. He moved quickly to catch up to her for a moment as she addressed the group, causing him to speak up in an unnaturally light-hearted voice, attempting to assuage some of the group's nerves.. "I haven't said anything yet, but my name's Ed, and these buildings are a start. I think everyone else is right though, we're going to need to prioritize finding firearms. It'll be a start at least, and even if we only find smaller caliber weapons, we'll still be able to use it to hunt small game." He began to walk in the direction that Athena was traveling in, stopping besides her and placing a hand on her shoulder, saying in a low voice that contrasted his previous tone, "If you picked up on what I did from those corpses back there, you should understand what I mean. I'm not going to feel remotely secure until I have a .357 Magnum at the least, but a few high powered rifles wouldn't hurt either. We're going to need to get away from this area, and quickly at that." He said this as he walked away, feeling very uneasy about their proximity to the screaming and gunfire.

Tags:
Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Last edited:
NICODEMUS
outfit: white tank top, jeans, black sneakers

with: the group

mood: wary

tags: fancries1 fancries1 Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Wendigo_ Wendigo_

Nick chuckled a bit at Harry's response, "There's a sizable difference, considering that I don't want to grow a moustache. It would ruin my disguise. I mean, you're living proof: you certainly don't look like a girl. More like a... shaven baboon who was dressed by someone who googled grunge look. It was a nice try, though, I almost thought you looked like a human. Almost." he responded, flashing a shit-eating grin. He still looked like he was on the verge of tears from the incident roughly thirty seconds ago, though.

He stayed silent for most of the strategy talk, only speaking up when the monster made... whatever that sound was. "I agree with dreadlocks, let's get the fuck away from whatever decided to speak up and Mr. Shooty McShootFace." he said, breaking out into a sprint away from the noises. He slowed down his running as soon Athena did. catching his breath. After he regained his stamina after a few seconds, he spoke up again.

"Yeah, that's some positive thinking, the both of you, but I doubt either will be very successful hunts. Do you really think these parts haven't been picked clean in the past year and a half? I agree with Ms. Rocker over here, we should get to the hidden places. Personally, I don't know any secret storehouses, but I do know a group that might be willing to help us."

"They're, uh... let's call them my family. They're holed up in the northern tip. Just a fair warning, they probably won't be very friendly to anyone besides me. Or possibly me as well. Let's just say that I technically wasn't supposed to go to the bunker, and it's a possibility that if we go seem them, you all will be shot and I won't exactly have the freedom to return to the bunker. But there's also a chance that they won't... so there's that."

So why should I?

coded by lorde

Athena Ann Carter
Day 1 - About 10:45 AM
Athena quickly took note of Edward, noting that he had been silent up until now. She nodded, understanding his concern. She then turned to Nick, slightly annoyed with his suggestion, but appreciating it none-the-less. "Well, we need to start somewhere." She shrugged her shoulders some before raising an eyebrow. "I don't think running into a place where everyone may shoot us is a good idea. We're trying to survive, not die on the first day Nick." Athena sighed, not trying to sound like an ass, but it may have come out that way since she was slightly annoyed with the situation they were in.

She looked out at the buildings. Even she doubted that they'd find something in the rubble, and even if they did they'd have to work for it. She looked back at the group before looking at the roads, trying to find a street name of some sort. She wasn't very knowledgeable when it came to this part of town. "Morris Street?" She muttered, not quite sure if that was correct. Looking at the barely standing sign, it was bent and part of it looked as if it was forcefully torn off. She took a moment wondering what was around here before sighing and looking back at the group. "Well, what do you all suggest we do. All the larger stores and buildings are further within the city, but from the sound of it, that's where all the gunshots and..." She paused not sure what to call the creature noises from earlier. "Well, whatever that creature was. If we stay along the water, we would be further from what seems to be the danger, but it will probably be more difficult to find any decent supplies."

She took her gaze from the group and looked down the road that ran along the river. "There should be some convenient small stores, gas stations, and possibly some small food joints if we follow the road... But I'm not sure what state they're in, nor do I know if there's any actually supplies in them."

tags
(Sorry about the delay. I typed this up last night but fell asleep. I didn't notice that It wasn't posted till now.)

Xavier Oslow

Looked toward the direction that the treacherous monster sound echoed from, then turned his attention back to the group. Athena had taken off almost immediately, and after going a bit overkill on the insults toward Harriet, the Nick kid followed her. The third, Ed, had followed as well, which caused X to sigh. "We should probably go the opposite direction," he muttered to Harry and Jake, before heading off after the other three.

He arrived just in time to hear Nick's plan, which caused him to immediately shake his head. He nodded to Athena's response to him, "I'd have to agree, it's day one and I'm not feeling that desperate as of yet." He listened to what Athena had to say while looking around a bit more to gather their surroundings and himself. He looked at Athena once she was finished speaking and nodded, "I lived in this area before the bombs. It looks pretty different, but the bases of the streets are still intact," he started. He approached the fallen sign and wiped away the dirt from the wording, "This isn't Morris, it's Moore street." he looked to the east and pointed, "Pretty sure Morris would be a block over and if I remember correctly.." he took a few steps forward and pointed. "There's a supermarket and a line of convenience stores down this string of blocks, this was somewhat of a shopping district."

He turned back to the group, a small smile on his face. He was glad to feel like he was actually a help after being told he was worth nothing for a year straight. He adjusted the straps of his pack and nodded to them, "That way might show promise. Even if it's been looted, you never know what scraps are left over."

Last edited:

Harriet Carter

After replying to Nick's insults with a simple smile and a sarcastic "someone's prissy, defensive much?" Harriet retrieved her revolver from her pants and held it with her right hand. She, as well as the rest of the group, had heard the sounds of screaming and the growls of whatever was attacking the screaming boy. It seemed like the creature was busy with the boy and distant enough to not notice the group, but Harriet didn't want to take any chances. She wanted to make sure she would be ready to shoot if whatever was attacking the boy tried to attack them as well.

"Easy there, let's not desert anyone just yet," Harriet replied at X's suggestion to leave the group. She wasn't the biggest fan of the people she was with, but she knew they had more chances of making it out together than alone. Besides, she didn't trust X and Jake enough to leave with them. Harriet ran to catch up with the rest of the group, the gun never leaving her grasp. Since she arrived next to X, she'd also been able to hear Nick's plan, to which she scoffed in reply.

"Ah yes, let's all go get help from a group that will most likely kill us. What could go wrong?" Harriet replied, raising an eyebrow at Nick. "There's gunshots and screams from into the city. The place I know is hidden and most likely full and deserted, but we'll have to go towards the fighting to reach it. The journey's too dangerous, so I guess that's out of the picture, at least until we've got enough guns to defend ourselves," Harriet commented. Really, she was glad they wouldn't have to go with her idea. While they would probably get a lot of supplies, she still wasn't eager on going back there. Besides, the others would probably want to know why she knew how to enter the headquarters of a highly dangerous gang, a question she would rather not answer.

"I agree with the shopping district idea. There might be something left, and it doesn't hurt to try. If there really is nothing, then we can maybe start looking into how to enter the more crowded and dangerous areas of the city," she commented, giving X and approving smile. "Even if there is nothing, the buildings might be stable enough for us to spend the night inside or set up a camp. For now, let's just play it safe and try not to grow a third eye or an extra leg. Honestly, if I grow something new or get injured on the first day my sister wont let me hear the end of it."

coded by dwale

Michael Gray

Michael had been uncharacteristically quiet when he left the overcrowded bunker and stumbled into the new world. Right now, there was a lot on his mind he wasn’t really in the mood for a casual talk with his compatriots, especially one in particular. Not only did Michael get forced out into the wastes of New York but, of course, his ex-girlfriend had to come with him. They weren’t exactly on the best of terms right now, or at least he really didn’t like her. He had no clue how she felt about him. Now, he didn’t have an undying spite for her because of their break up, no, it was mostly because he wasn’t completely sure if he was over her or not and the feeling that someone he once had, and still might have, feelings for angered him. He was also worried about his family, the two people he cared about most, being left in the bunker without him. That alone scared him more than the dead bodies.

Mike continued to stay quiet, even after the monstrous screech and the bickering amongst two people, Harriet and Nicocampus, or something like that, until he saw a few of his group members wander off. Athena was one of them, so following wasn’t something he immediately wanted to do but, after Harriet left, Michael decided to come too. He arrived a short while after Harriet did and only heard the very end of her plan. After she finished speaking completely, Michael cleared his throat, “I think the shopping district sounds good too. I mean, it’s only been a year and a half and I imagine a lot of that time has been spent waiting for things to become less irradiated, right?” He asked, shrugging slightly as he glanced around his peers, “I’m not a genius or anything, but I don’t think most people would be so desperate for food that they would dive right into a giant, radioactive shopping center to grab a bite. But what do I know? I'm just a selfish idiot, right, Athena?"

Tags: Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 FreeFaller FreeFaller fancries1 fancries1 Wendigo_ Wendigo_ Queen_Liyah Queen_Liyah GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Midrick Midrick

(Sorry, it's kinda short! I had trouble finding a fluid way for Michael to appear in the middle of everything. :) )

Athena Ann Carter
Day 1 - About 10:50 AM

When Xavier commented on what street it was Athena shrugged. "Well, at least you know where we are." She gave a kinder smile before speaking up again. "I'm not very familiar with this area, I grew up closer to Times Square, but there should be a shop somewhere near here, we're in Manhattan of all places. This city has thousands of eateries and shops." She paused before looking in the direction Xavier was pointing. "Then those should be our first stops. Hopefully, we'll be able to to find something to eat and arm ourselves with whatever is there. Even something as simple as an ax will help right now." She took a step in the direction before pausing and looking back at Harriet. "Good idea, we'll definitely want to find somewhere to set ourselves up, even if it's temporary."

Athena turned around once again, walking a bit before pausing and turning to a certain someone and his comment. Her eyes quickly narrowed on Michel, clearly unhappy to hear his comment. She had honestly forgotten that he was here until now, but it wasn't as if a familiar face made the situation any better. In fact, it irked her to know he had to be in such close proximity to her, but if they were to survive the next few days, she'd have to deal with it. "Those words don't even slightly explain what you are Michel. Now, if you can get your head out of your ass and quit making petty comments, let's get going, we're wasting time." The words rolled of Athena's tongue easily as she quickly turned, throwing her hair over her shoulder and began making her way down the streets in the direction that Xavier had pointed in.

tags
FreeFaller FreeFaller fancries1 fancries1 Wendigo_ Wendigo_ Queen_Liyah Queen_Liyah GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Midrick Midrick Taco Taco

(We'll have the next few posts of them all walking down the next block or two as they try to find a store/shop that isn't 100% destroyed or look as it is about to fall.)

Edward Kapel

As Edward walked along quietly with the group, he could just barely make out the near inaudible ticking of his wristwatch. He looked down to see that nearly an hour had passed, and couldn't help but feel as if they had failed to have gotten as far as they should have by now. Much of their time up until now had been spent in less-than-friendly dialogue with each other. Ed noted to himself that the pointless feuds and romantic drama would need to be resolved before it got one, if not all of them, killed. Putting this aside, he trudged onwards in the hopes of finding a searchable building as the remainder of the group spread out on the street, engaging in the same endeavor.
The floors of the buildings that were lucky enough to have remained standing were littered with rubbish, none of which seemed useful to them at first glance. The structural integrity of these buildings didn't appear to be very promising either, so Ed walked past without bringing any attention to them. When passing one destroyed shop, however, he noticed the edge of a cassette tape peeking out from a pile rubbish just beyond the entrance. Ed entered the building with a suppressed sense of trepidation, and fished the tape out from the pile. He then quickly made his exit, looking down at the title of the tape, which read, John Denver - Greatest Hits. Although likely meaningless to the others in the group, Ed couldn't help but feel as if he made a great discovery.
Sliding the tape into a pocket of his pack, he turned to the group and said in an upbeat tone, "I think we should be fine guys, these building seem pretty rickety but they might not be as bad as they look." He lightly kicked the frame of the door he just walked out of to emphasize his point. However, this caused a small section of the roof to fall onto the pile he had just dug through with a loud crash. An awkward silence fell, which was eventually followed by Ed mumbling, "Okay... so maybe they are as bad as they seem" as he quietly turned to keep walking. He shoved his hand into his pocket, and pulled out a beaten-up walkman. Ed switched it on and played the tape that was already in it, causing Jim Croce to be audible to the group. "Traveling music, anyone?" Edward said in a partially recovered voice.

Tags: Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Taco Taco FreeFaller FreeFaller fancries1 fancries1 GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Midrick Midrick

Jake Hansen

"Well, now that we've all done our fair share of name calling, where are we going? As you can probably tell I am not familiar with the big apple." the names that they were talking about like times square and Manhattan sounded like another language to him, just then one of the guys who had barely made it out of the bunker kicked the door frame of a building after saying it was sturdy, which caused part of it to fall, he mumbled that they weren't as sturdy as he thought, which caused Jake to laugh" Aaaah man..." he said after he caught his breath " Imagine if you died right then, we would have to tell everyone that after you kicked a doorframe a building collapsed on you, ah that's some good shit." he said still catching his breath then he asked what music people liked, he started playing Croce, he had good taste even if he wasn't sharpest tool in the shed "Croce, you got good taste man, but I like Foreigner, specifically dirty white boy if you have it. If not Van Halen's good too." he continued walking with the group but stayed close to Ed, seeing as he was probably going to cause an another accident, didn't need to lose a member into the first day. "Harry, what do you think about this whole mess we have ourselves in, just so I can hear before we get bushwacked by some insane bandits." he said it in a casual tone, there was no problem making some conversation to help the walking seem less monotonous.

Wendigo_ Wendigo_ fancries1 fancries1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back