• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy โ˜พ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ.

truthofself

resident problem child
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
welcome to the otherside.
  • original.jpg
    the otherside.

One x One Roleplay.
    Original Character Oriented.
    Out Of Words Out Of Words & truthofself truthofself

"How can you live, knowing you've been nothing but lied to?"
    "The same way you live, knowing no one has ever loved you."

From the moment our eyes met, we knew. The moment, the truth was spoken and the magic was lifted. You knew you needed to leave.
    But could I get you to come with me? Could I save you from the lies you were so wrapped up in?
    I never doubted that you'd take my hand, and come with me.
    I welcome you, to the Otherside.

Runemain.jpg
Rune Peterson

Today was the day.

Correction, the day. So much emphasis had been placed on today, from the moment Rune woke up, his chest felt the pressure from the inside and out. Will was the closest to his age, and the man was already up and dressed, cleaning his gun and double checking his weapons by the time Rune shuffled out of his room toward the bathroom. "Hurry up, bro. We won't hesitate to leave without you." Tom and Harry both snickered as they were packing their backpacks for the trip.

"Honestly, would probably go smoother without the runt along." Richard, always the dickest of dicks, never failed to show his disdain for the youngest of the brood. Rune tried to just ignore it, and pretend like he hadn't heard, but wound up tripping over a foot suddenly thrust in front of him. "Hear me, runt? Don't you fuck this up." Rune managed to not fall on his face, hands braced against the frame of the bathroom door. "If it was my choice, you'd never join us on a hunt, ever." Followed by a nice little click of the shotgun as Richard snapped it shut.

"Well, it's not your choice, boy. Not until you're head of this house, which ain't gonna be for a good while yet. So shut the fuck up. Rune isn't going to screw up his only chance. Right, boy?" Frank reached out and gave a hefty slap to Rune's back in passing. Frank didn't allow any of his sons to call him dad, or father. It was either his name, or sir. Anything else would receive a reprimand, repeat offenses deserved punishment.

Rune winced and quietly closed the bathroom door behind him. He leaned against it, and eyed his reflection. Classic bed head hair, dark circles under his eyes showed his lack of sleep, everything was just ... not impressive in his mind. Sigh. He had half a thought to take too long so they would actually leave without him. Rune couldn't bring himself to carry through, as this may be the one chance he had of being close to accepted as a member of this family by his brothers and father, at least. Well, not Richard. The dick was never going to accept him and made it clear time and time again.

A little breath was released in a puff of air, and Rune moved to the sink. Water was splashed on his face, wet fingers ran through his hair, and he quickly completed the rest of his morning wake up routine. His steps were rushed when he headed back to his small room to get dressed and gather his own backpack. Rune knew what he was supposed to pack: some food rations, canteen, extra change of clothes, ammo, protective gas mask, antidotes, a number of things.

So, maybe he didn't pack all the ammo like his brothers would. It made the pack too heavy for him, anyway. And who was going to need a gas mask in the woods? Yeah, that stayed. He did pack a bandana he could use as a face mask in a pinch. Rune couldn't help but slip in a pair of binoculars, he hoped to get some bird watching in. And he was certain some of his potions would come in handy. Those had to be carefully packed, so they wouldn't break in case the bag was dropped, or hit, etc.

"RUNE!"

The voice was definitely a command. Rune grabbed his backpack, his favorite hat, and shoved his feet into his shoes as he headed into the living room. He moved to pick up the shotgun they had given him when he was five. Yes, five. And he still had problems with its weight. As he fiddled with the best way to carry it, Harry knocked his hat off his head with a good thwap upside Rune's head. "You need a real hat."

It was the hat he always wore, when a hat was an option. It was a grey, furry hat with those ear flaps that fell down on either side. Okay, by now it was more fuzzy than furry, but it was still his hat. Rune just gave a glare as he picked it back up and put it on his head. Kept his head warm in the winter, and cool in the summer, as the insulation inside was still intact, mostly. "You need a real brain." As soon as the words were out of his mouth, his eyes went all did-I-really-say-that-out-loud wide and the rest of him froze in place.

"You little piece of..." Whatever else Harry was about to say was drowned out by Tom and Will laughing. Pretty sure he even heard Richard chuckling. Harry just promised Rune would pay for the remark later with a sharp glance, but they didn't have time for fighting now. Everyone had their backpacks, their guns, and a wide assortment of other weapons. It was time for the hunting party to, you know, hunt.

Four Hours Later

Rune felt tired, his face was surely flushed red by the time they were allowed to stop and take a rest. His pack felt like it weighed two tons. Yup, he was definitely adopted. Rune eyed how everyone else carried theirs with ease. They weren't even breaking a sweat. He fished out his canteen and did his best to sip at the water while the others talked loudly like usual.

"Where's that map? Yeah, here. Lemme see it." A rolled up piece of paper was flattened on top of a fallen tree. Frank, Richard and Tom all hovered around it. Harry and William were too busy finding some jerky to fill their bottomless stomachs. "Yeah, we just need to follow this trail here, another half hour maybe. That's supposed to be near the last sighting. And Henry said there should be an old barn right.. here. We'll.... hold on. RUNE! Get over here and pay attention."

Rune groaned silently as he stood up on shaky legs and somehow made it over to where they were. Frank gestured at the map, all hand drawn. Even had a little stick figure with horns pencilled in the area of the barn. What was that? He didn't have time to ask, as Frank was already giving him directions, one hand squeezing a shoulder firmly. A little painfully, truth be told, but Rune didn't dare show it. "We're going here. This barn is likely where it's holed up. It's daytime so it'll probably be sleeping. Tom and Harry will be on the backside of the barn. I'll cover this side, William on the other. Richard will be your backup, but this is going to be all you, boy."

Rune gave a little nod of his head, but the anxiety was definitely growing inside. His father's next words did very little to reassure him. Frank clasped both of Rune's shoulders and turned him to face the man. "Now, remember. You can't hesitate. The moment you see something that isn't one of us here, you shoot. Doesn't matter what it looks like, you fucking shoot. Harry, check his gun, make sure he has the right ammo." The hands clapped his shoulders a couple of times before Frank let him go.

Harry's voice showed his disgust. "Fucking crickets on a cracker, Rune. Where is your ammo?" The man had gone into Rune's bag to find the right ammo, only well. Rune hadn't packed a lot of ammo. Frank of course had to march over and look for himself, then Rune felt five pairs of eyes glaring in his direction.

"It.. was.. heavy."

Richard swore and started to approach Rune, but Frank just held out a hand to stop. The man tilted his head to either side, audibly popping his neck, it was how Frank usually dealt with stress. Which, to be completely honest, was usually because of something Rune did, or did not do. "No. No. It's fine. We have been lax in his training, soft on the boy. It's on us all. It stops today. Tom, make sure Rune's gun has the right ammo. We'll address this later. We don't have time right now."

Oh, that did not sound like Rune was going to have a good night later. Harry all but shoved the shotgun into his hands, sneering, "You know how to turn the safety off, right?" He didn't give Rune a chance to prove himself, checking it before leaning in and muttering. "Be a real shame if you accidentally shot yourself, eh?" Rune's eyes grew wide and he made a very pointed effort to keep the barrel of the gun directed away from his person. Or any of the others. Harry laughed and they gathered up their gear once more.

They had about forty minutes before they reached the barn. But only thirty minutes later, the group went into serious mode. Steps slowed, each of the brothers taking the time to silently point out spots Rune needed to avoid walking. They didn't want even a single twig to give their position away. When they were about five minutes from the abandoned barn, backpacks were removed and set down. Extra ammo was put into pockets, everyone took a healing potion from Rune, without so much as a thank you for thinking to bring these. Pfft!

The group split up so they could stealthily approach the prearranged spots, Richard took point. The barn was soon visible between the trees, and Rune and Richard sank into a crouch. It was a two story barn, once red, now a dirty brown where wood still stood. The doors were loose, one barely hanging on, both slightly ajar. Light filtered in through a number of holes in the roof, but in the middle, it was dark. Darker than it should have been.

From what Rune understood, they weren't completely certain the creature was here, it just made sense. Well, made sense to the others. Rune wasn't sure if an animal would seek safety in a barn built by humans, but if it was nocturnal, guess it might. He wasn't the hunter, they were. He was just a ... tag-along. Rune was going to try his best, though he really hated the idea of killing something. A tap to his shoulder and some hand motions from Richard indicated Rune was to approach the main doors and get ready.

He had to do this, had to show the others he could be a hunter. Or, maybe they'd let him just focus on plants and making potions for them. Probably not, if he failed... Rune really didn't want to think about the repercussions. Rune put on his best 'game face', and quietly approached the front of the barn. His shotgun was held at the ready, muzzle slightly down until Richard told him to hold it up. And then.. wait.

They hadn't discussed if Rune was supposed to go inside or not. Was someone else going to try and flush it out? Did they talk about what to do next? Rune couldn't remember, but each time his steps stopped for longer than ten seconds, he thought he heard Richard urge him to keep going. So he went with the idea they expected him to open the door and go inside. Only, to open the door, he'd have to let go of the shotgun with one hand, and he couldn't hold it up with only one hand. The panic and anxiety warred with the desire to prove himself until he forgot to think, and just acted.

Rune growled and just did it. One hand moved away from the shotgun and wrapped around the edge of the barn door. He pulled it open and stood in the open space, as he had a solid grip on the gun again. Someone was yelling his name, but he was too focused now. Only, there wasn't anything inside. He couldn't see a damn thing moving. And still they were yelling at him. Fucking hell! Rune turned around, pissed beyond pissed they were making him do this stupid thing he didn't really want to do anyway. Facing Richard, for the first time in several years, Rune yelled back.

"WHAT?"

Last edited:
3fe19b99ccf8afe1788c8027e58ea0b5a1c32993.jpg
CEL'RIM O'WYN
็พใ‚‹้ป’ใ„็ฉบ
้ผ“ๅ‹•ใฏ้›ท้ณดใ‚’็นฐใ‚Š่ฟ”ใ™
Before the storm begins
I will cast that spell on you

e404d72a4f913fdb6124750e1fbfb04b.gif
Cel'rim was silent, enjoying a day to himself in the woods, laying up in a tree, dressed up as if he was some high school drop out. Ripped jeans, flannel, black shirt, boots, he looked the role, with his dark teal hair and his pale skin. He was peaceful, he spent a majority of the night causing a ruckus at the nearby clubs, and scaring anyone who dared to cross his path on the street. He knew it wasn't his best idea, every time he gave himself away, every time people came looking for his quickly. Which, he didn't hate, he did enjoy the attention of all the hunters. It made him smile. Knowing that people were after him, and knew of him.

Even know, laying up in a tree out in the middle of the woods. He had found a couple of teens camping out, a whole group. The pretty kids, who acted as if nothing could scare them. He wasn't expected a simple crow to startle them. Let alone, be frightened by him. He wasn't even in a scary form at the time. It's not like mortal looking creatures with avian features were scary. Just his wings and the spots of all his features drove them away. Well, he had heard something about his eyes, and the way they looked, but eyes aren't scary. They're normally really pretty. At least, to cel'rim, they were really pretty.

But he was drawn from his thoughts, it was quiet at first until it wasn't. He stayed still and tried to listen to the noise. It was voices, male voices, they weren't moving, they were just talking. He tried listening in, but he's a bird, he can't hear super well, nor can he really smell. He blinks a few times, straining himself to focus on the words until he picks up on a few. something that isn't one of them, gets shot. He smiled, of course, they were hunters. It was cute of them that they even thought they'd be able to shoot him. Everyone else has either missed or never saw him.

He waiting, listening to their footsteps to move away from him again. He looked at the phone in his pocket, watching the time, and waiting for 15 minutes to pass. Then, it was silent again. Cel'rim stood up on the branch he was previously laying on, doing some quick stretches before he changed shape and form. While in his avian form, he looked as if he was a normal crow, the only minor changes were the more blue look to his feathers, and his talons were sharper. Cel'rim made a soft caw, before starting to preen his feathers. Once he was satisfied with himself, he took flight, going in the direction that he heard the mortals go in. He flew for a bit, not seeing anyone, before finding a barn, and laying his eyes on a man in the clearing, in front of the barn with a gun. He could assume that he was from the group from before, doing a quick circle around the area, before hearing a word yelled, causing the one at the barn to turn around and yell back.

Cel'rim took that as a sign and quickly flew into the foliage of a tree. He took note of where he was related to the others in the group. From where he was perched he only saw three people. The one at the barn, the one he guessed yelled, and one far off in the back. His instinct was to caw again, and he did, making himself known to those in the area. He felt good, watching the man he assumed had yelled the word, look around. He seemed skilled and kept his gun close, he must've been really practised. Oh, how much fun Cel'Rim was going to have fun with this group.

He paused for a moment, returned to his normal form, cloaking himself with a spell that made him look as if he was still in the Otherside. In his form, that looked Mortal, that is if they didn't notice the Markings on his body. In this form, he lost the pointed teeth, and pointed ears he had, but he was fine with it since it gave him the ability to roam this realm freely. Once he was in his humanoid form again, he cleared his throat and dropped from the tree. There was the sound of metal clanging together as his necklaces, and the chains at his waist collided, along with the thud of his boots hitting the ground.

Click.

Cel'Rim looked up, seeing that the man's gun was now pointed in his direction, let's see what he can do. "Hello? Is anyone there? I was out camping with some of my friends maybe half a mile north of here. We saw something, there was a winged man, he... he attacked my friends." Cel'Rim spoke out with the hint of fear, doing his best to play the part of some scared kid. "Please, please don't shoot. I'm look-"

"Shut up, and stop talking. If it's following you, talking will give you away. Now, keep your voice down and stay in the shadows out of sight." The man spoke, cutting off Cel'Rim. How rude of him, if he really expected that anyone would listen to him, that must've been insane.

"Sir, please, I'm scared."

"If you're so scared, you'll shut up and stay hidden. We're here to take care of it. Now stop talking and sit the fuck down."

So, there is a multiple of them here to hunt him down. This really would prove to be fun for him. Cel'Rim took a step forward, blinking a few times. Cel'Rim listened for a moment, waiting for the man to go back to what he was doing. Cel'Rim watched the man go back to facing the boy in the clearing. Once the man wasn't paying full attention to Cel'Rim anymore, he moved to a crouch position and started moving slowly towards the clearing. He kept a small smile on his face, as he got to the edge of the clearing, from there he could see the man outside the barn in more detail, but being closer, he got this weird feeling.

"Oh~" He muttered to himself. "I see. I see. Oh, boy you are so clever."

He stood from where he was, some light of the clearing met with his clothes, and the metal at his neck and his waist, sparkling in the light. He heard someone else yell at him, and ask to identify himself. He didn't answer and took a step forward. At his side, he moved his hands drawing a small sigil in the air, to cast a spell. Cel'Rim created an illusion of himself to walk in that line as he moved a few spots over hidden from sights, before speaking. "You all must be very student Mortals."

Quick a gunshot from behind him, flew through the illusion, shattering the spell. There stood Cel'Rim in plain sight, his hair looking of a bright teal, he stood fully illuminated in the sunlight. "Weren't you suppose to shoot anything on sight that didn't look like you?" He asked, the boy by the barn. "So c'mon shoot me~" He teased, speaking in a soft singsong like tone. "Or, do I look too much like you?"

"Rune, shoot him! He isn't human."

Cel'Rim glanced to his left. "But, I look human, is that not enough for you all? But, then again, it must not be considering you brought him along alive. Unless you plan to kill him here too." No one said anything. "Don't tell me, you don't know?" Cel'rim spoke again, looking back at the boy he could assume was named Rune. "Oh, they must've really not have told you then. That's a shame."

Cel'Rim took a few more steps towards Rune, a gunshot colliding with the ground in front of his feed. "Take one more step and We'll kill you."

"Well, if you plan to kill me. You'd have to kill him. I can't believe you all kept one of us for so long. Even tried bringing him under your wing to make him kill his own kind. That sounds like a such a mortal thing to do." Cel'Rim laughed softly, being vanishing from sight, and appearing again sat atop the barn roof. "It's laughable really. You all are expecting him to shoot and kill his own kind when you haven't even told him what he is!"

"Stop spitting lies demon" Another voice called, with a shot-stopping mid-air.

"I think speaking before you shoot is a waste of ammunition. It gives you away and gives us time to create a counterspell. You're all lucky that I'm above murder and causing injury. Otherwise, you'd all be dead within the next few moments. Have you ever seen an Avian Shifter when we're angry? If you want a demon, then push me to that level, and you'll most definitely see a demon, oh and another thing. I don't lie. Lying is a mortal fault, that they can't change. Well, I guess I do lie if we count before as a lie. To me, it was more of a trick, but some might think of tricks as lies."

่˜‡ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ใฎใ•
ๆ„›ใ™ใ‚‹ๅ›ใฎๅฟƒ
Throw off that body
Now it's time for you to return to me

Last edited:

Runemain.jpg
Rune Peterson

Richard looked like he was ready to just shoot Rune, but then he was busy talking to someone behind him, Rune couldn't really see. The ride on the pissed off train was already coming to a stop. He always had a difficult time staying mad. The anger melted into a blanket of worry. He was so going to get it later for doing exactly what he wasn't supposed to do, mess it all up. An apology, futile as it would have been, was on his lips, but never given breath or sound.

Instead, the focus quickly shifted to the stranger who stood next to Richard and began to move toward Rune. He instinctively lowered the barrel of his shotgun, not about to shoot another human. Only Richard didn't have such qualms, the blast definitely came from his brother's gun. Rune physically jumped, and squeaked in surprise. When he looked, the stranger was still standing, albeit in a different spot from a moment before.

A stranger who was egging him on to go ahead and shoot. Rune's expression filled with horror as he shook his head from side to side. "No." Another of his brothers was yelling at him to shoot, that the stranger wasn't human. "NO!" Rune tossed the shotgun down with a step backward. The conversation around him only added to the growing ball, already heavy, in the pit of his stomach. There was disbelief, confusion, and a general feeling as if this was some nightmare he was about to wake up from at any moment.

The other Peterson family members had all come around toward the commotion, with Tom and Harry doing their best to remain hidden. Richard was switching to his bow, since the previous shot did nothing. William was mirroring Frank's movements as they were clearly visible, but trying to flank the stranger. It was Frank who shot at the ground to stop the man from further advancing on Rune. "Take one more step and we'll kill you!"

Rune felt as if he was about to hyperventilate, his breathing had become shallow and rapid. Again the stranger's words came back, teasing them, alluding to Rune not being human. Frank was growing more angry with each verbal taunt. The man's face was red, and his hands held the shotgun with a tight white-knuckled grip. Of course, Rune wasn't believing it, the man in front of him was human in his eyes. Well, until the man wasn't. In front of his eyes, that is.

He could hear the voice above his head, from the top of the barn. But that didn't make a lick of sense, the guy had just been on the ground. There's no way anyone could just .. poof! Tom had taken a shot then, but Rune could see it there, in the air. Spots began to swim in front of his eyes. He stared at the shot very clearly not in the gun, very clearly not moving, very clearly just hovering in the ... air. "What.. what... what..."

As Rune passed out, as the stranger continued to goad with words from up high, Richard had the time to take careful aim with his bow. The man had moved partially back into the woods and behind a tree. The arrowhead was coated with one of Rune's sleep potions, but he had other arrows dipped in other remedies, should he miss, or the effect not take. He knew Frank would want to question this one, unlike any they had come across before. This one would be quite the prize. So about the time Rune's now unconscious body made contact with the ground, Richard let his arrow fly.

Last edited:
CEL'RIM O'WYN
็พใ‚‹้ป’ใ„็ฉบ
Before the storm begins

Cel'Rim dropped the bullet, and sighed, listening to Rune hit the ground. "Poor kid, couldn't even dare to take the truth. Shocking really, that none of you even dared to tell him what he was. I can only imagine how much more you stole from him about who he is." He shifted how he sat a bit. Leaning back on his hands, and crossing his legs. "You all seem to have an idea of what you want. But, do you really know anything when you can't even handle a small trickster like me?"

Cel'rim had hardly finished that sentence before he felt something drive into his side. He paused and winced at the pain. His eyes twitched a bit, as he glanced down at the arrow that now sat below his ribcage. He couldn't help but laugh a little. His humanoid form seemed to fade and fracture for a moment. He just grinned and keeper laughing softly. He felt, whatever was on the arrow in his blood, but he didn't let it stop him, for now, he still has a period before whatever happens, happens. He wasn't stupid enough to come to this realm without protection.

"I guess you do want to see what an Avian is like when we're angry." It was a simple comment, he felt all the eyes on him, as his form changed a little, the large set of wings coming out from his back, and feathers popping up across his entire body, as it took a more avian-like form, but since crows are birds of death and despair, this form had changed to it. Cel'Rim's chest was mostly open, with the view of his ribs, and a darkness inside of them. Every inch of skin was covered in his feathers, from his knees down were legs of that of an avian, with sharp talons. "So, let's have fun before this arrow takes effect" His voice was deeper and seemed more like an echo on the wind then a voice speaking in the area.

They were called demons for a reason, but this form, looked like this all the time. So maybe Cel'Rim was a demon, some sort of bird demon. But he didn't dwell on that thought now, as he stood from his sitting posture, the arrow now falling to the ground, as the section of his torso it was stuck in before was now missing, and replaced by what seemed like an empty cavity in his body, covered by shadows. At that point, Cel'Rim was taller than before and had a bigger body shape.

Richard had quickly knocked another arrow, looking towards his Father. Frank looked focused, determined to keep Cel'Rim distracted and focused on him. It seemed to work, Cel'Rim was looking directly at Frank, eye contact was made, and kept, as Cel'Rim spoke out again. "None of you've seen something like me, have you. Trying to figure out how to take care of it. How cute." He finished his sentence, lunging towards Frank, who moved to the side, as Richard shot his bow again. This arrow connected with the upper section of Cel'Rims right-wing, another dose of sleep potion into his blood to try and get him down faster.

The avian planted his feet onto the ground, seeing Frank lift up his gun again ready to aim at Cel'Rim. Except, he moved to fast, turning around and putting his wings out to collide with Franks body, to knock him down. "Pathetic hunters."

William has to disagree, however, running up with his gun in hand, and slamming it into the side of Cel' Rim's head, causing the avian to grunt and stumble a bit, as he glanced at William. The moment his defences lowed, and his focus moved to William, Frank was able to recover just enough to grab his gun, and shoot right at Cel'Rims back, perfectly between his wings. There was a sound, so unholy, a scream, a cry, the fear in Cel'Rims eyes was a new expression for him, as the pain ripped through his body, causing the feathers to fly off his body one at a time, as his form reverted to the humanoid one from before, but as a perfect replica as his one back in the Otherside. He looked almost completely the same as before, but now he had large pointed ears, and little fangs the peaked out of his lips. The boy's veins were a violet hue and were extremely noticeably on his wrists and neck, sections of his clothes had tears in them, or were ruffled up, revealing thick black and dark teal lines on his body. The lines created intricate designs and sigils, on his chest, back, and arms. Cel'Rim fell to his knees before falling over onto his side.

There was blood at his side, where the first arrow connected, and blood on his right shoulder, but most importantly there was blood seeping out of his chest. It wasn't fatal, not to their kind, creatures from the Otherside had rapid regeneration. Although if that shot was any more to the left, it would've been fatal. But it just went through the soft parts of his chest and didn't hit anything important, which only showed to Cel'Rim the type of people he was dealing with. He groaned a bit, as the 5 men walked up to him, each with a weapon in hand. Cel'rim hardly was able to stay awake much longer, from the pain and from the potions that had entered his blood. The men looked proud of themselves, as Frank poked at Cel'Rims body a few times with the barrel of his gun, before slamming it into the side of his head to knock him out faster.

"Damned Bastard. What kind of fucking parlour tricks was he throwing about? Spitting out lies, and being able to do that much. They must be evolving and getting smarter. " Frank spoke, nudging Cel'Rims body again to ensure he was out. "Tie them up, and let's get the hell out of here. This one's gonna be a hassle to keep, we'll need to think of a better storage method for it until we can question it and have our fun since it already had its. And of course, when the funs done, we'll have a pretty trophy to show off."

่˜‡ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ใฎใ•
ๆ„›ใ™ใ‚‹ๅ›ใฎๅฟƒ
Throw off that body

Last edited:

Runemain.jpg
Rune Peterson

Frank let Richard and Harry deal with securing the beast, while Tom and William moved to check on Rune. "Get him bagged for transport. We'll be heading to the Chateau." The man then turned his attention to his sons, shaking his head as Tom and Will started carrying Rune, who was still unconscious. "Dammit. I knew we should have taught him earlier 'bout what we do. But no, Diana wanted to have her innocent boy a while longer. Damn fool woman. Love her, but damn fool woman."

"Sir, what that thing was saying.." William actually looked concerned about Rune.

"Lies. Don't let his lies get you a doubting things, boy. You know better. They'll say anything to save their own hide. Tom, get out the stretcher. You two will take turns pulling him. We're about two hours out from the Chateau." Frank moved back to the creature, always double checking his sons' work. "Be sure to stop the bleeding. Don't need it dying before we say it can die."

It took about ten minutes, but everything and everyone was secured. Both Rune and the demon had been laid out on a portable stretcher, always liked to have three as part of their hunting gear. Tom started out dragging Rune, while Harry dragged the demon. The demon had been wrapped up with a little bit of everything, from rope to silver lined cord. A mask was also placed over its face, some of the sleep potion rubbed on the inside. Richard would be following behind Harry and the demon, weapon at the ready in case it woke before they wanted it to.

The Chateau was just their name for the cabin where the hunters took the special ones. Creatures, demons, who they needed to learn more about, or learn what they knew. Sometimes, it was just a place to test out their techniques and new weapons on the demons. Today, it was likely going to be the whole package, everything and the kitchen sink as it were. It took the crew about two and a half hours to get there. Rune kept slipping off his stretcher and Richard had to keep checking the demon.

Rune was just stirring, which was good because William dumped him out of the stretcher the moment they arrived. "Get up." He was the least tough on the youngest, maybe because Will and Rune were only two years apart. There was a good bit of resentment built up as well, for Rune had been sheltered from the hunter way of life. William had it forced down his throat. So yes, there was a little bitterness there. "Fuck, Rune. Why didn't you shoot it?"

Rune thought it had been a bad dream, but when he realized he had just passed out, he nearly lost what little he had in his stomach. "W..what? No. I'm not shooting a human, Will. For crying out.."

"It's NOT HUMAN, Rune! Wake up. You're not five anymore." William left him there, choosing instead to get his gear inside, and help set things up for the demon. The door closed behind him with a bit of a slam. Richard, Tom, and even Harry all seemed to cast glares his way as they worked on carting stuff inside for, what they were sure would be, several days. Rune had just managed to find his feet as he stood up, when Frank loomed in front of him.

"It's my fault. I'll not hold you responsible. This is going to be a crash course in what it really means to be a hunter. From this point forward, the world is gonna look like a much darker place, Rune. Your mom sheltered you too long. It's time to wake up and see the world for what it is. Take five and gather yourself. Then come inside and the real training will begin." Frank actually gave Rune a small, tight lipped smile, a nod, and then headed inside the cabin as well.

Rune seriously wanted to leave, but he had been unconscious. They had never brought Rune to the Chateau before now, so even if he found the will to leave, he hadn't the first notion of the direction to go. He was trapped here until his family decided otherwise. He closed his eyes, ran hands vigorously over the top of his head, and swore more than once under his breath. Mind raced as he tried to make sense of what he recalled seeing. The poofing from the ground to the barn roof, the ammo hanging suspended in the air, all of it didn't make any sense. And he wasn't sure he wanted it to, but once he went inside the cabin, his world was going to change. Rune was not prepared, but his time was up.

"Rune. Let's go, son."

His gaze shot upward, eyeing Frank as he stood in the open doorway, outlined by the fireplace behind him. It was the first time the man had used the word 'son' when talking to Rune. It made his chest burn, his throat tight, and his breath catch. Son. That one word alone gave Rune the energy to take steps forward, until he was standing in front of Frank. There was eye contact made, knowledge that nothing would be the same again for Rune. Frank gave a small nod, and moved aside, holding the door open while Rune walked in.

The demon wasn't in the living room. The living room was a place for the family to sit, to decompress, to discuss strategy as needed, it wasn't the real 'work' area. There was a fireplace, logs already being stoked to get the fire really going. There were two wood framed sofas in the middle facing each other, and one single seat facing the fireplace. A bear skinned rug lay on the floor between them all, head facing the single seat instead of the fireplace. Everything else was inconsequential.

Frank sat in the single chair, and gestured for Rune to take one of the sofas. William was there, along with Richard. Tom and Harry were in the workroom preparing the demon. Rune settled in, arms wrapped around his middle as he leaned into the corner of the sofa. "There's too much to try and explain everything right now. So, just going to give you the basics, the rules. You have to remember and abide by these, Rune."

Richard tossed a small memo size notebook at Rune, followed by a pen. He fumbled to catch them, but understood he was to write it down. The others seemed to be waiting for him, so he opened the book and held the pen at the ready. Frank didn't like wasting time. "One. No matter what they look like, what they say, they are not humans. These are demons, evil creatures, it is our purpose in life to find them, and kill them. Otherwise a lot of innocents will die."

They waited only long enough for Rune to write it down. "Two. They will do and say whatever they need to save their own hide. They lie, and will try to trick you. You can't let them get in your head. Never believe anything they say. Never give them an ounce of trust. That's how hunters die." Rune frowned, but the pen continued to move along the paper. "Three. No mercy, no hesitation. You have to trust in your brothers and myself. In what we say. If you're told to shoot something, you need to shoot it, no questions asked. No hesitation."

Rune frowned, with a look up to Frank, he murmured, "I don't want to kill anything."

Richard, forgetting himself, swore loudly. "Fucking hell, dad. Why is he..." Anything else he might have said was cut off with a backhand across the face. Richard broke a rule, he called Frank dad. A hand cradled the side of his face briefly before he stubbornly continued. "Why is he here? He's weak and will only get one of us killed, if not all of us. He doesn't belong here. Sir."

Frank glared, but kept a control on the rage in his words. "Because I say so. He needs to learn about the truth. Whether or not he can fulfill the duties of a hunter or not, he needs to know. He's family. Go help with the demon." Frank looked to Will. "You too." He waited until both of the other boys were gone before attention returned to Rune. "Tell me the three rules."

Rune frowned, not liking any of this, not one bit. He knew he had little choice in the matter currently. "One, they're not human. Two, don't believe anything they say or do. Three..." The last one really hurt Rune, at his very core, he was a kind soul. It was a difficult pill to swallow. "Three, no mercy or hesitation." Rune wanted to say more, to ask questions, but he was out of time for now.

Frank nodded and stood up, indicating with a wave of one hand for Rune to do the same. "For now, you'll just observe. Stay in the corner out of the way. Don't say anything, not to the demon, not to us. Just sit, shut up, watch and listen. We can talk about it after the fact. If you need to throw up, don't. Don't show weakness to the demon. Got it? Okay." Frank led Rune down a hallway to a pair of double doors at the end. He held one side open, and once Rune entered, Frank followed and secured the doors from the inside.

The room was larger than the living room, it looked to be two bedrooms converted into one large space. There was a skylight, currently closed, but no other windows. The double doors were barred from the inside, and had strange engraved runes. The whole room had various signs spread throughout meant to keep everything trapped inside. In the middle was the 'demon'. Arms and legs were chained, effectively suspending the man in a vertical X shape. Gorilla strength duct tape had been wrapped around each hand, and another across the man's mouth. More symbols were drawn on the tape.

Rune moved to sit on a stool in the far corner, already feeling sick. Richard and Harry were preparing various tools along a long table against the left wall. Rune didn't know what over half of the instruments were meant for. William gave Rune a quick glance and nod, then he and Tom were throwing buckets of water at the demon in an attempt to wake it up. There was a drain in the middle, like a shower drain. Its edges stained with red, a red Rune didn't want to think about.

"Wake up demon." Frank was ready to begin the first session.

Last edited:
CEL'RIM O'WYN
็พใ‚‹้ป’ใ„็ฉบ
Before the storm begins

The water was cold once it collided with Cel' Rim's skin, and made him shiver, a few feathers appearing at his jaw, but he still was motionless, not opening his eyes, or daring to speak, maybe he hoped they'd leave him alone if he didn't move, but he knew that wasn't the case. More water was splashed at him soaking all his clothes and causing the feathers to twitch a bit, as he closed his eyes tighter before opening them. The light was bright, at least for him. He wasn't sure how long he was out for, but he felt like it had been long, considering how sensitive his eyes had become to the lighting. He wanted to make some sort of comment, but there was tape over his mouth. He frowns a bit behind it, looking up to see the same men from before.

He hadn't felt threatened, but he didn't feel at ease either. He could tell he was in trouble, but he didn't let it worry him. He wiggles his hands a bit, feeling the tape on them, they were smart and restricted all his movements. He made a small chuckle as the man who threw the water at him began to speak, with the sound of the bucket the others were holding collided with the ground. These men were reckless and uncaring it felt, but it didn't seem planned as the man in front threw a glare at the two of them. There was turmoil, something Cel'Rim was hoping to exploit when given the chance.

Frank began talking as soon as the from fell quiet. He approached the chained up boy, as he spoke. "Now, we can do this the easy or hard way. Both are painful, but both are fun. Fun for us, not you," Frank has begun, smiling at Cel'Rim before ripping the tape off his mouth. "In other words, pick one."

Cel'Rim smiled back, "A games, a game, a games. Easy or Hard, it's the same game in the end. I'm" He paused, glaring at Frank, he had just pluck one of the feathers are his face off.

"I said, pick one, not fucking chatter. Answer the questions, and don't say anything else."

Cel'Rim chuckled, "I see, let's go the hard way. Since it'll be so fun!" He said it so easily, so happily, even if he was in pain.

There was a click from behind Frank, and the sound of something being placed. Tom had placed down a recording device on a nearby table. As William and Richard had moved from where they previously stood picking up and arranging some of the items and instruments to use on him. Cel'Rim couldn't make out much as he saw them from the corner of his eye, and didn't want to move his attention away since Frank must've been looking for that. And honestly, Cel'Rim wasn't too in the mood to have more feathered plucked.

"More fun for us. You are too kind" Frank spoke sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "Why did you come here?"

"Its fun to play tricks on mortals. You're all so dumb" Cel'RIm hardly finished the sentence before he felt another feather being plucked which caused him to wince and close his eyes.

"Whats your name demon."

"Cel'Rim O'Wyn, just an Avian Shifter. Not a demon."

"You showed us you were a demon before. That's one life, mister I don't lie." Richard chimed in, walking back into view, with some sort of long metal rod in his hand, a small buzz was emitting from it, it seemed.

"And you're awful interested in getting to know my name so what's yours." With that request, the metal rod was connected to his torso, a quick sensation went through his body, causing him to feel hot, and as if he couldn't breathe, a buzzing in his ears.

"Demon's don't get such pleasantries," Richard added, a grin on his face, as Frank nodded in approval.

"Moving on, you have such a big mouth for someone so easily caught. Did you let us catch you."

"You have to be really incompetent to think I'd like such idiots like you easily catch me."

"Then you much be really fucking bad at fighting to get caught by such idiots as us." Frank retorted. "How does it feel then, knowing a group if idiots were able to outsmart you?"

"It's not outsmarting me if it's 5 against 1. You must really be more of a bird brain than me. Which is honestly astonishing. Now, can you please, put that bird brain of yours to use, and actually be honest with that boy from before."

The cold metal was pressed back against his skin, causing him to jolt slightly, this felt stronger than before, a stinging sensation was at his side, as he felt his heartbeat quicken and falter all at once. "There's not being honest with him, if we've already been honest with him," Harry called from the other side of the room, writing something down, Cel'Rim could only assume it was another log of the conversation, but now involved his reactions to what they were doing to him.

Frank was silent for the moments the follow, looking Ce'Rim up and down. He turned his back for a moment, walking towards William on the side of the room who seemed to be standing at another desk, the top of it was line with blades, and guns, and other items that could make such events more fun. Frank picked up a small knife, looking it over before heading back to Cel'Rim. Frank didn't say anything, but Cel'Rim did.

"Tell him lies, isn't being honest. You're all slowly fucking up, and soon enough it'll be too late. You don't want the spell that's on him breaking here. Trust me." Cel'Rim spoke, wincing as he felt the knife that Frank felt, slowly being dragged across his skin.

่˜‡ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ใฎใ•
ๆ„›ใ™ใ‚‹ๅ›ใฎๅฟƒ
Throw off that body

Last edited:

Runemain.jpg
Rune Peterson

Frank worked on not letting the demon get under his skin, and focused on seeing what tools and instruments the thing seemed to be susceptible to the most. So far, it didn't care for water, and silver brought a strong pain based on the creature's reactions. Richard was trying to prove himself, show Frank he was capable of handling an interrogation by himself next time. Harry and Tom were mentally taking notes, and just trying to log everything down. No one had seen anything quite like this demon before. William was supposed to help keep an eye on Rune, and if need be, intercede on the boy's behalf if it looked like Rune needed to step out of the room.

Rune was already pretty close to needing to leave. He had his arms wrapped around himself, jerking a little bit each time his brothers or father purposefully caused pain to the creature. He had to look away more times than not, unable to watch what was going on. He thought just having to hunt a forest animal was bad, he never imagined this. This was ten times worse. Sure, the thing didn't look completely human with all the feathers and such, but it was still something with intelligence, and in pain.

Rune didn't miss the way they were called mortals, though. It called itself an avian shifter, even had a name. Did that mean the shifter wasn't a mortal? That's the logical conclusion, right? Rune forced himself to look closer, when his family wasn't hurting it. Which, right now, didn't give him a chance to look for long. The feathers were probably pretty in the sunlight. Rune had a flood of questions in his head. Can it fly? What forms could it shift into? Was it born that way? Did something make it that way?

Rune fidgeted on the stool until his motions caused Frank to cast a brief glare in his direction. It was right about the time Rune realized the shifter was talking about him again. About Rune. About a spell upon him. Yes, yes, rule two. Never trust anything they said or did, but dammit, Rune didn't even think before he was murmuring, "What spell?"

The repercussion was swift, Frank tossed the knife he had been using on the thing. He knew how to aim, if he had meant to hit Rune, he would have. Instead the blade embedded itself into the wall several inches from Rune's head. It did the job Frank intended, it made the boy shut up and sit back. Frank didn't waste words on reprimanding Rune. Instead, he glared, the man's back to the demon, as he moved to pull the knife out of the wall. His eyes dared Rune to say just one more thing, just one.

Rune, wisely, did not.

Frank returned to the creature, and probably out of spite, and anger, drove the blade deep into it's side. A glance to Rune said silently this is because you screwed up. He might have even twisted it a little bit before just leaving it there, for now. Attention back on the demon, Frank growled. "Where did you come from? How many others of you are there?"

Last edited:
CEL'RIM O'WYN
็พใ‚‹้ป’ใ„็ฉบ
Before the storm begins

Cel'Rim body jerked at the pain of the knife entering his skin, he made a quiet whining sound before the knife was twisted which made him yelp and growl in response. He didn't reply at first, making eye contact with Frank, who just stared back at Cel'Rim, and repeated himself. "Where did you come from? How many others of you are there? Or, shall we see how much more I can churn your insides around this knife?"

Cel'Rim made a small tsk, he hardly heard Runes question, and he knew he wasn't going to have a lot of time to answer it. Plus, any further mention of it would cause a lot more harm to him. But more harm to him was fine. It means they waste more time, and more time means, the better chance that spell breaks and Cel'Rim would love to see what happens when that spell breaks. "Well, the same place all of my people from. The rest of your 'demons.' The Otherside. I can't tell you how many there are. I can't keep track of that constantly growing population. I can hardly keep track of where I wake up." He laughed a bit, seeing Frank get more annoyed with him. "But, I can tell you there's two in this room."

That was it, Cel'Rim saw it in Franks eyes as if something snapped. Although his actions seemed like the rest, the way he looked was just a bit different and showed that he was upset, oh so very upset. The way the knife was twisted further, before being removed and plunged right back into his side again, a little higher with a rougher twist. There was blood, a nice amount, slowly dripping out of Cel'Rim's side, that would scar. "Your lies, don't affect any of us. Just take the hint, and behave well for us, and you won't get hurt as much anymore."

"Where's the fun in behaving? I could taunt you with the knowledge of a ticking time bomb, and you won't even dare try to stop it. You mortals are so pathetic really, it can be cute, but with you, its just sad really. You're all so brainwashed that you can't see something so simple." Cel'Rim paused, feeling more pressure in his side. "Plus, you already know you can't keep me here forever."

่˜‡ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ใฎใ•
ๆ„›ใ™ใ‚‹ๅ›ใฎๅฟƒ
Throw off that body

Last edited:

Runemain.jpg
Rune Peterson

Rune really wasn't cut out for this side of being a hunter. It affected him strong enough that he stood up when the knife was plunged back into the restrained figure. He wanted to step forward, but William must have sensed it, and moved to stand in front of Rune, face to face. His brother didn't say anything, but each time Rune glanced at his face, there was a small shake of his head along with some facial expressions. He was clearly saying, don't.

Frank was aware of the movement in the corner of his eye, but he refused to look away from the demon just yet. He left the blade buried to the hilt, and just stood there until he heard William give the code word they had worked out that morning before Rune even woke up. "Albatross." Yeah, so they weren't the best at code words and the like, but it did the trick. Frank took in a deep breath as he stepped back from the demon.

Harry and Tom started cleaning the tools and instruments they had used while Richard prepared a new piece of tape for the demon's mouth. He wrote the needed runes on it, while William kept Rune herded in the corner until they were ready. Frank just stood there, staring at the demon as if mentally dissecting the creature to see how it ticked. When Harry and Tom had finished prepping the tools for the next session, they came around behind Frank. Richard placed the tape firmly over the demon's mouth with a little pat to the cheek and a wicked grin.

Richard moved to the door, and with Harry and Tom blocking his actions from the demon's sight, he traced one of the seals to release the lock on the door. Richard held one side open, while William firmly guided Rune out. There was a harsh jerk on Rune's arm when he dared to look back at the demon. Once they were out, Harry and Tom followed suit. Frank left the blade where it was, sneering before turning and following his sons out of the room. Richard made sure to secure it once they were all on the other side.

SMACK

Frank had backhanded Rune with a low growl. Then once more before William pulled Rune behind him protectively. "Take him to his room. I'm in no mood to talk right now. Harry, you have the recording? Take Tom and go log it all down. Richard, join me in the study." Without a glance toward Rune and William, he headed down the hall, away from the work room. Everyone but William had cast glares at Rune before they left as well.

William kept a firm hold on Rune's arm, walking the youngest Peterson to a bedroom upstairs. Once there, Rune was gently pushed inside. "It's rough, but it's all necessary, Rune. You'll see. Now.. clean your face and get some rest. I'm not sure if Frank will want you in on the next session or not. Try to prepare yourself better, okay? Goodnight, Rune." William closed the door and locked Rune inside before moving to see if Harry and Tom needed help.

Rune was left with a bloody lip, and would likely have some bruising. His hands shook as he moved to the small bathroom inside the bedroom to wash up. He had heard his brother locking him in, and frustration melted with a wave of hopelessness. He wasn't a hunter, how could they expect him to do the things they did? He wasn't like that. He had a hard time smacking a fly in the house. How many 'sessions' did they usually do? Rune wondered if this is what being trapped felt like. Surely the demon had it worse, far worse.

Still didn't look like a demon to him.

Last edited:
CEL'RIM O'WYN
็พใ‚‹้ป’ใ„็ฉบ
Before the storm begins

Cel'Rim couldn't have helped the grin that tugged at his lips as Rune moved. It was obvious how unfitting the boy was for the family, not just from looks and how he went about everything, but from the acute sense of smell Cel'Rim did have, he honestly thought Rune smells like a dog. And, Cel'Rim thought dogs were cute. Originally he wasn't too sure, but the more time he was kept in such a room, he thought Rune smelled like one of his old classmates back in school, the tall wolf-shifter with the jet-black fur and bright yellow eyes.

He watched everyone the room careful, keeping his focus between Rune and Frank, growling softly as Frank put the tape over his mouth. He didn't enjoy the false fondness Frank showed him, and really didn't enjoy the knife that was sitting in his side. Even with everyone leaving the room, Cel'Rim still refused to fully accept the mess he got himself into. His cockiness really did him in for a world of pain, a literal world of pain. Mortals were assholes, leaving their dumb toy in his side like that, and didn't even dare leave him with something to entertain himself with.

He hated how slowly the time passed, he was forever alone with his thoughts, as he watched the hours pass based on the little rays of rights that fell through the skylight. He bet it looked beautiful outside, but he couldn't see it, being chained up and captured actually sucked, but it would one hell of a story for his friends, but also would most likely involve them also kicking his ass for putting himself in danger.

It was odd for him, to be lost in his thoughts for so long, thinking of his friends and home, that he didn't even pay attention when the mortals had reentered the room, and he saw bright rays of light from the skylight. It was morning, he smiled softly to himself, before stopping. It was morning, and they were back, but Rune was not with them. The boys body produced some more feathers along his jawline and at some joints, like his wrists, ankles, and some behind his ears. Maybe a sense of panic settled in, the sense of fight or flight, but he couldn't do either. He was at their mercy and the one person he was actually hoping would be the reason they'd stop was nowhere to be seen. There was no way he actually believed him about Rune's spell and killed him? Did the spell break already? He wasn't sure, but he knew however long he was going to be alone in there, he was going to be in hell, a hell worse than the one he remembered from childhood.

It would be an understatement if one were to say Cel'Rim hardly was hurt over the course of time. Black with teal feathers were scattered about the floor, the boys body was beaten, with slowly forming bruises and numerous cuts on his that only continued to drip slowly with blood. The more time he stayed like that, the more he looked inhuman. His nails were longer and sharper, more feathers were noticeable, the boy's eyes shown as the light gray they normally were, instead of the pale blue from before. But, the dead give away was the colour of his blood, is dark, almost black, with hues of what looked to be maroon and purple when the light was over it.

Cel'Rim stayed there, strung up and hanging, in pain and tired, he just needed to get out of these restraints, once he had usage of his magic again, he'd be good, at least, he hoped.

่˜‡ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ใฎใ•
ๆ„›ใ™ใ‚‹ๅ›ใฎๅฟƒ
Throw off that body

Last edited:

Runemain.jpg
Rune Peterson

Rune was purposefully left out of the second session. He could hear it though. His room was almost directly above the workroom by about half the length. And okay, so he had to lay his ear flat on the floor to hear, but he could hear. That's the point. As much as it pained the boy to listen to someone's agony, Rune found himself unable to pull away. Once the session was over, he still listened for a good hour, until William knocked on his door.

"You're to make dinner tonight, Rune. You've got a couple of hours to figure it out."

"Okay." Rune called back, moving to sit on the floor and rub at the side of his face. His insides were all turned upside down, and round and round. He couldn't say what he expected the hunting party to be like, but it most assuredly wasn't this. His face was a little tender from the double backhands, and maybe it was coloring his thought process now. It wasn't right. The creature hadn't tried to hurt them once, while they had done their very best to hurt it. It didn't make sense. Hands pressed against either side of his temples as his gaze settled on his backpack.

An idea was hatched.

Three hours later, there was noise on the other side of the workroom doors. One side creaked open slowly, and Rune poked his head in. The caution was written across his face as his eyes met the demon's. He didn't move for a good thirty seconds, questioning what he was about to do. The door even started to close again, but he found his determination because it swung wide open as he made a beeline to the center of the room.

Keys jangled, hands shaking, as Rune started to move to unchain one arm. He stopped short, making eye contact again, in as firm a tone as he could fake, he murmured, "You're not to harm anyone here if I let you go. You'll just go. Leave this cabin and .. go. Nod your head if you agree to these terms."

Last edited:
CEL'RIM O'WYN
็พใ‚‹้ป’ใ„็ฉบ
Before the storm begins

Cel'Rim was more than tired at that point. Hearing the door creak had set him off and on high alert. He didn't look anything like he had prior, clearly showing off a more demonic look. Feathers were covering most of his skin, and they stood up slightly as the door started to close and was quickly reopened. His feathered seemed to relax and only twitch a bit when Rune was the one who came through the door.

Seeing that boy, gave Cel'Rim a sense of hope, and washed away his worry. Although, it also made him want to laugh at how stupid mortals really were. Cel'Rim did smile however, hearing the terms of Rune's deal, but he didn't nod or even try to reply. He just quirked his head to the side, as if he was some confused animal. Which in a sense, he was. Neither of them moved, and Cel'Rim was just waiting, he quirked his brows at Rune.

He wasn't sure if the other male had picked up on what he meant, but it seemed to have some effect, as Rune stepped up and removed the tape from Cel'Rims mouth before repeating what he said before. "You're not to harm anyone here if I let you go. You'll just go. Leave this cabin and .. go. Nod your head if you agree to these terms."

Cel'Rim smiled, being able to speak again was going to be really lovely for him, as he nodded his head and spoke to fill the silence that was to follow. "Harming people is against my code, as long as they don't harm me or someone dear to me first." He hummed softly. "But, you might want to get out yourself, who knows what they'll do you to once they figure out you let me out. Let alone, what they'll do when your spell breaks. Mortals are unpredictable after all."

่˜‡ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ใฎใ•
ๆ„›ใ™ใ‚‹ๅ›ใฎๅฟƒ
Throw off that body

Last edited:

Runemain.jpg
Rune Peterson

Rune wasn't completely comfortable with removing the creature's gag, but if he was letting the thing go, it'd have come off anyway, right? He glanced back to the open door, but there was no way any of them would have woken up yet. He had slipped some of the sleeping potion into their food, they would be out for a good couple of hours still. Attention shifted to Cel'Rim, expression twisted with worry, worry of so many things. Before he lost his nerve, Rune started unlocking the chains around the being's wrists and ankles. Once that was done, he'd have to unwrap the tape around the creature's fingers, too.

"I don't know what spell you're talking about. You're not making sense."

Truth was, Rune really had no clue, but he did know he couldn't stay after such a betrayal. He wasn't sure he even wanted to, seeing what these hunting parties were. Rune now had a level of understanding he hadn't before, how his brothers and father could be so... cruel. It was one of those soul changing revelations, his world would never be the same. Rune had packed his bag as soon as they fell asleep, and it waited for him just outside the door. Where he would go, well, that was another question he hadn't the answer to.

The tape took a little to remove, but soon enough, Cel'Rim was free. Rune was dealing with a whirlwind of emotions and thoughts, as he turned his back to the being and headed out of the workroom. His bag was slung over his head, and he murmured, "I'll lead you out, they're asleep, but.. be mindful all the same." Indeed, they were all around the dining table, some snoring, some not. The fire in the fireplace had been put out, just in case. Rune didn't want them hurt, he just couldn't let them keep hurting another intelligent creature.

Rune led the way out of the building, and didn't pause until they were both out, and the cabin door was closed. He had the keys, and he locked it from the outside. It wouldn't delay them much, but by the time they woke and were able to get out, he hoped to be far away. Why did his chest hurt so? Voice breaking, tight and thick with the tumultuous waves inside, "You're free. Go."

Last edited:
CEL'RIM O'WYN
็พใ‚‹้ป’ใ„็ฉบ
Before the storm begins

Cel'Rim was Cel'rim wasn't even sure if he would need to be making sense by the time that Rune had seen the spell break on its own. Even if Rune decided not to follow Ce'Rim or press him for more questions, let alone even dare to ask him what could happen if it broke. He was sure, it was something that would continue to plague the other male's mind, and most definite cause him inner turmoil by the time it all ended.

Although, Cel'Rim was thankful for what Rune was doing, only further pushing himself away from the real monsters, and giving Cel'Rim just an ounce of trust to let him go. It might've made the avian boy smile just a bit, as he followed the other out of the building. He was careful as he moved, rubbing lightly at his wrists, being chained up, was fun and all, but in that instance, it was painful and just annoying. He was glad to be outside again, looking at the short male that stood in front of him. There was a chance he could talk to him freely now, watching him turn to lock the door before stopping again.

Rune. Cel'Rim wasn't sure what went through his mindfully, but he knew he needed to help the boy, the same way he helped him. Even in a weakened state, and not an optimal appearance, the feathers across his body did a small flutter, as Cel'Rim stepped closer. He didn't want to pose a threat, so he moved slowly, tilting his head to the side before speaking. "There's not much I can explain here, but just trust me in this one moment, and we can talk more after."

Cel'Rim gave him a small smile and raised his left hand over his heart, before moving it and tapping his middle finger to his forehead. "I promise I won't hurt you."

่˜‡ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ใฎใ•
ๆ„›ใ™ใ‚‹ๅ›ใฎๅฟƒ
Throw off that body

Last edited:

Runemain.jpg
Rune Peterson

Rune's expression carried deep concern, his eyebrows drew inward as his forehead furrowed with creases. He was trying to remember if in the bargain made with the creature, he had included himself in the 'no harm' rule. There was a small flinch when the 'demon' drew a hand up, but only a small one. Rune was pretty sure he didn't feel like trusting anything or anyone but himself right now. His whole world had turned upside down in hours, and here he was a day later, still reeling from the revelations of his hunter family. He did know at least one thing with one hundred percent certainy.

"I can't stay here, and I can't go back home."

Rune knew he had effectively abandoned the only family he knew by his actions this day. It made his jaw set with a clenching of his teeth as he adjusted the old on his bag. He needed to put space between him and this barn, before his ex-family woke up and came hunting for him. Maybe they'd put him into the workroom. "I have to leave." Rune stepped around Cel'Rim, holding tighter to the strap of his bag to hide the shaking of his hand. Steps were slow at first, worried he'd falter and show weakness.

Even though all he could feel right now was weak.

CEL'RIM O'WYN
็พใ‚‹้ป’ใ„็ฉบ
Before the storm begins

่˜‡ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ใฎใ•
ๆ„›ใ™ใ‚‹ๅ›ใฎๅฟƒ
Throw off that body
Now it's time for you to return to me​

Cel'rim frowned, seeing as the other seemed to totally ignore his request. It made sense that Rune would be distracted and more focused on the obviously more pressing matter at hand, but it still bothered Cel'Rim. He had a chance to have everything answered, but he didn't ask, or try or anything. It left Cel'Rim standing there dazed for a moment before quickly moving after the other man.

He was taller than Rune, so it was easy to catch up to him. He eyes the short male, as he walked beside him. Cel'Rim really did wonder what was going through Runes head in the current moment, as he winced slightly and changed his form back to his humankind one, the one Rune had first seen. Moving like this might make Rune more comfortable, and it would make travelling a lot easier, if people didn't question a clearly hurt guy covered in feathers.

"I get you're in a rush to leave, and now hear me out. I might be able to help." It was a low chance Rune would accept it, but he was hoping, it'd be the safest option. "I'm guessing you're gonna lack a home now, since well, your previous home was filled with condescending assholes, who killed and tortured creatures from another realm for fun, and you have 0 interest in that, plus you just set free their most recent plaything, and now you're on the run. So, why don't we, break that spell on you, and bring you to your realm home?"

Cel'Rim knows that what he says will most likely make no sense to Rune, but he didn't know how else to word it, besides the, you smell like a dog, you're spelled into something you're not, which means hey, you're from the otherside, a mirror realm to earth, oh yeah, I'm from there too, lets go!

Rune Peterson

Rune frowned, but his steps slowed slightly and Cel'Rim had his attention. He walked in silence for a few minutes more, his gaze returning to the path ahead. Occasionally, he'd glance behind them, and back at the being by his side. Finally, his voice broke the quiet around them. It faltered with uncertainty, but voiced all the same. "Alright."

A sigh, a breath long held, finally released. And with it, went the tension Rune was holding in his neck and shoulders. He stood a little straighter, a little taller, and maybe he felt a little stronger for it all. His voice seemed more steady as he added, "I still don't know what spell you think is on me, or... most of what you're saying. Bottom line, I no longer have a home I can return to." He gave a soft laugh, a sound without real merriment, just resignation. "I don't know what else I have to lose, other than my life."

Forward momentum stopped, and Rune turned to face Cel'Rim. He gave the being next to him a thorough glance over, from the ground up, before meeting the demon's gaze. Something his father told him never, ever to do. Rune had been told to never, ever do many things, and in the span of a couple of days, he had broken so very many. What was one more?

"And you promise I won't lose that, right?"

coded by natasha.

CEL'RIM O'WYN
็พใ‚‹้ป’ใ„็ฉบ
Before the storm begins
่˜‡ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ใฎใ•
ๆ„›ใ™ใ‚‹ๅ›ใฎๅฟƒ
Throw off that body

Cel'Rim wasn't sure if Rune would agree, and the thought crossed his mind of what he would do if the other denied it. Would Cel'Rim just let him go or, wait. Cel'Rim had to do a minor double-take as Rune voiced his answer. Cel'Rim was plotting a whole other plan in his head because he was sure Rune would say no, but he was wrong. Which was weird, being wrong was not something Cel'Rim was often.

"It's expected that you wouldn't know much. Look at you, you look mortal, and yet you reek of a canine, in the nicest way of course. Canines can smell really good, and some of you, just smell like the wet fur all the time." Cel'rim gave a small smirk. "I haven't figured which one you are yet, because honestly, I hadn't cared enough to really smell you. Plus, I can't really smell. Avian feature and such."

He was going off on a tangent, he would keep rambling on, but then he remembered they were short on time. "But besides that, you'll be fine. Just stick close to me, we'll have to break the spell before we cross realms, which means we need a secluded area. So you better be ready to hike a bit. The further from people are, the safer this is going to be." He nodded, pausing for a moment, before nudging Rune and turning him before he began to walk again. "So the soon we leave, the sooner and can do this and the sooner, we can go home."

Cel'Rim was trying to keep up a happy, and goofy mindset, trying not to worry about more blood and torture, and most importantly, not daring to think about anything that is going to happen between that spell breaking, and him getting himself, and Rune to the other side. A lot could go wrong in the next time period, and a lot could go wrong on the other side. It would be weird to bring in an outsider, in a sense. But, if Cel'Rim's theory is right, and 80% of the time, they are; Rune will be fine, and he isn't an outsider.

Cel'Rim led the way, listening for other birds in the area, and go any further out noises, of possible people, cars, or anything really. Cel'Rim kept watch of Rune, making sure he was okay, and giving him small talk, about anything really, mostly just bits of information, about travelling between realms and magic. He mentioned the potions Rune was clearly able to make and congratulated him on such a skill since, in all honesty, Cel'Rim sucked at potions. Furthermore, Cel'Rim gave hints at what old magic was, and how it's what Cel'Rim uses, and how that's the type of magic on Rune.Cel'Rim also didn't reveal too much about the other side, most just information about its very 'chaotic neutral' status, and how no one from there was human.

Cel'Rim didn't keep track of time, or distance, but the position of the sun did ever so change, even if it wasn't too much, it did change. Cel'Rim nodded to himself, turning to Rune. "A few things, bag down, shoes off, and I'm going to need you to completely trust me, and hold still while I do this. Do you think you're up to it ?"

Rune Peterson

Rune's face showed the confusion, and disbelief, when Cel'Rim said he smelled canine. "We don't own any dogs." But he was intrigued by the breaking of this supposed spell upon his person. And honestly, where else was he going to go? "Fine, lead the way."

Truth was, he was doing his very best to not freak out at everything that has transpired, today especially. He hadn't known any other family, maybe other families were like his, how they treated one another and everything. It had always felt like something was lacking, like Rune was missing several pieces of a large puzzle he couldn't hope to finish any time soon.

Rune was quiet, brooding even, as he continued to follow Cel'Rim. Funny how he stopped questioning if it was wise, or the right thing. At this point, Rune was thinking he deserved whatever came his way for his betrayal of his family. But Rune had always been rather apologetic in nature, whether or not it had been his fault, he was most likely to apologize just to smooth things over.

He probably missed a lot of what the other being said, but there were snippets sinking into his brain. Potions, magic, different realms, but the potions had him focusing on the conversation outside, more than the thoughts inside. "It was one thing I was good at. Once you had a good whiff of a plant, felt the texture, dunno, it just ... clicked."

So, maybe he heard more from that point forward, but it didn't make sense. No one from this other realm was human, old magic, including the spell on him. It didn't make sense, but Rune stopped trying to add one and one together. But what the hell did chaotic neutral mean? Pfft.

Then they reached a stopping point, and Cel'Rim was telling him to put the bag down and take his shoes off. Rune frowned, unease settling quickly in the pit of his stomach all over again. "I.. I don't know." He took in a deep breath, held to a count of ten, and then released it. "Yeah, sure. Whatever."

He was tired. It felt like he was always fighting to keep his head above water when everyone around him wanted to hold it down. The bag was dropped to the ground, and he slipped his shoes off as he muttered, "Let's do this."

coded by natasha.

CEL'RIM O'WYN
็พใ‚‹้ป’ใ„็ฉบ
Before the storm begins

่˜‡ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ใฎใ•
ๆ„›ใ™ใ‚‹ๅ›ใฎๅฟƒ
Throw off that body

Cel'Rim eyed at Rune, he was expecting him to back out, which would've made this all very troublesome for him. But even after being unsure, Rune quickly changed his mind, and it made Cel'Rim smile, nodding to himself. Cel'Rim was pretty aware of how to break spells, even ones as old, and as strong as the one on Rune. Although, it felt eerily familiar with the type of magic it was.

He sighed, taking a step back from Rune, and another step. He felt kind of bad, as his own spell faded, showing off his beaten up form again, and the feathers that seemed to glimmer in the lighting. It looks as if, some of Cel' Rim's wounds had closed, just enough where they were no longer bleeding, and were a few days old already at this point.

He felt weird at the moment, raising his left hand, as feathers flew off it, creating a circle around Rune, as a small wire-like object of magic energy flowed between them to create an outline of the shape. Rune seemed unsure, uncaring, uninterested, and over-all done with the situation to Cel'Rim, yet he stood there, waiting and trusting him. It was refreshing but, odd. The feathers on the ground moved, moving in a circle, rapidly, before stopping, and turning onto their side. A runic design formed within the circle on the ground, the colour altering between shades of blue, teal and purple. Small flames and orbs revolved in the air with the feathers, all moving slowly in a circle, as the design on the ground started spreading out.

Cel'Rim spoke softly, muttering to himself, with his arm raised, as his feathers fluttered, and similar strings of magic created a set of wings behind him. The wind started to howl, as there it was, the clear smell of canine again, Cel'Rim had closed his eyes, moving his arm back closer to himself, before letting it fall back to his side, as all the magic wires broke into particles of light.

He was breathing heavy, still obviously not fully recovered, but that was ok, but now all he needed to know is how Rune was, so he opened his eyes, and looked to where the other male was.

Rune Peterson

Rune wasn't sure what he expected, if anything, to happen. The feathers flew around, there were colors, some words he didn't understand, all in all, magic things. Hate isn't something one is born with, it is taught, and his family tried their very best to teach it to Rune. Hate of magic, hate of things not human, hate of things not like them.

Despite it all, hate was an emotion that never felt right to Rune. It was a rock in the pit of his stomach, foreign, heavy, weighing him down with something wholly unnecessary. Yet, he hadn't been able to fully reject it, expel it from his person, because his family had been there watching, as if waiting for him to even attempt to cast off their legacy of hate. Well, they weren't here now.

Rune collapsed to his hands and knees, fingers digging into the soft grass of the forest undergrowth. They sought purchase upon the ground, upon something solid as his body bowed almost violently. In his mind, Rune was throwing up all those years of taught hatred, finally expunging his family's legacy. And in a way he was, but mostly it was from the pain of a very unexpected transformation.

Ask him about it later, and he wouldn't be able to remember the pain, the agony, or the way fur began to poke past a human barrier of flesh. The change itself wouldn't normally have been so eventful but it was his first, and it had been held back so very fucking long due to spells forced upon him as much as his family's hate had been.

He might remember the screaming, the sound of it, not the action of doing it. The sound reverberated through the forest, bouncing back off the old withered barks of trees who had bore witness to many things. Perhaps even scenes such as this, other poor individuals who were suddenly filled with the realization they didn't know who or what the hell they really were. Not until that reality rose up and slapped them in the face, or worse.

The sound filled his ears, overwriting the sound of breathing, the sound of his heartbeat. There was nothing but screaming, Rune couldn't even fathom the screaming came from him. It just simply was.

Until it wasn't.

You know what else wasn't? All traces of the human known as Rune, the flesh, the form, the brown mop of hair on top of a human skull, all those were no longer there. What remained was better, lighter inside now it was free of rocks in the pit of its stomach, free of the weight upon its shoulders, furred as they were.

The white wolf lay on the ground, flattened with its limbs all jumbled as if the creature didn't know what they were used for. Ears flicked toward all the sounds it heard, sounds he couldn't have heard before, now a symphony of a forest composition crafted by the powers that were so very, very old. Eyes, still brown but with flecks of gold, blinked rapidly against an onslaught of colors so rich, it made him cry in wonder. And in his mind, only one thought swam around.

Holy shit.

coded by natasha.

4997d92b1303f9c4248a0598767c36f5e8f74c73.png
CEL'RIM O'WYNS.
Cel'Rim looked a bit shocked at first before grinning. Holy shit, was all that was running through his head. He knew Rune was different, just the smell alone screamed it, the sent, the traces of magic on him. It was all very apparent. Yet, here Cel'Rim stood, holding onto the arm he just had raised, staring blankly at Rune, or what was Rune. He was shocked, happy and kind of excited about this.

"Holy fucking shit. I told you, wolf boy, you smelled like a goddamn canine, and I'm a fucking GENIUS!" Cel'Rim had exclaimed. "This is amazing, I haven't gotten to do Old Magic like that in SO LONG. Whoever your parents are, they were fucking smart as hell. What a genius idea and disguise. Hiding your child as a human, completely charmed to have no connections to their true blood. The skill, the mastery of magic needed! The POWER!" He was rambling, he was impressed and amazed, plus with his age, he only knew of a few others with the ability to even come close to something of this magnitude. "Ok now get up, if we're on the run, we gotta move."

Cel'Rim paused and looked at how Rune was laying. "Wait. this is all new for you huh. I guess we should start slow, uh, maybe try to think of how to turn back to a human form, or thinking of moving your legs?" He really wasn't sure if Rune would be able to do something so simple so quickly, considering his age, and his lack of knowledge for this. "Worse case, I uh, I carry you to the rift." He nodded, yeah this was going to be a train wreck.

Rune Peterson

The look the wolf gave Cel'Rim should have said it all without words. If it didn't, the awkward way the legs moved would. He hadn't the first clue about how to use this form. And think about his human form? Snort. So much easier said than done.

His mind was whirling, churning, tumbling down the rabbit hole with no hands to stop his fall. Everything was so vivid, so beautiful, and Rune was having a very difficult time focusing on one thing, much less try to figure out how to return to his human form.

Something was making a thudding noise. Oh.. wait.. that was his tail! HE HAD A TAIL! The wolf whined as he lifted his head and watched, a little mesmerized, as his tail thudded against the ground again and again and again.

It was too surreal, this was some spell! Making him believe he was a wolf. Maybe that was it. Muzzle swung back around, eyes locked on Cel'Rim. You did this spell! You make it stop! All that came out was woof woof, whine, snort, growl, whine whine.

Which then grabbed Rune's attention, something extremely short at the moment. The wolf then seemed to be focusing on purposefully trying to make more sounds like that, all while his tail went thud, thud, thud on the ground when he succeeded. Woof. Whine. Growwwwwwwwl.

coded by natasha.

4997d92b1303f9c4248a0598767c36f5e8f74c73.png
CEL'RIM O'WYNS.
Cel'Rim stood there, staring at Runa astonished and just dumbfounded. The kid seemed to have zero care in the world and was more amused and interested in doing stupid normal things for someone of that race. Then again, He can't be too upset, it'd been years for him with that locked away, with no ability to even try and reach out to it. Cel'Rim frowned and covered his ears when Rune started barking and such. As an avian, Cel'Rim's senses were pretty sensitive, at least his hearing was. His sense of smell was 90% not a thing, and his eyesight was too vivid and perfect even for him. He could only imagine what everything was like as a wolf for Rune. It could've been for him, and Cel'Rim was sort of assuming it was as the other was extremely taken by his own tail, and even just barking.

"This is now how I imagined this to go at all." He sighed shaking his head. He took a step forwards and kneeled down next to Rune, now more interested in scratching behind the others ear, for a moment before speaking again. "Y'know, you're being cute and all, but we really gotta go. So I'm going to pick you up. And if you're extremely heavy I'm just gonna have to try and crack a rift right here." He would rather not open a rift himself, because that could be extremely dangerous when he wasn't being assisted by the Gods, let along, opening one so close to another could cause another problem all on its own most likely. "And don't try to lick me or bite me or something. That ain't fun"

Cel'Rim gave a small smile, not even daring to speak of the very possible minor problems that could occur and was far more focused on picking up the now wolf Rune, and carrying him like some sort of baby. Cel'Rim strong enough to carry the other, thankfully, but christ it wasn't going to be fun. He walked a little fast because dogs are heavy, and Rifts sometimes have a limited time before then close and another one opens somewhere else. If anyone saw a boy with feathers attached to his skin as if he was out of the Howls Movie Castle movie, carrying a large white wolf, they might think this guy was crazy or a really shitty cosplayer as he ran through the woods.

He was quick making it about the half a mile away from the Rift they were prior. Cel'Rim panted a bit, placing Rune down for a second, and trying to hold him up so he didn't just fall back down. In front of them was a literal rift within a tree. It seemed the closer you stepped the larger it got, and it seemed to call out to those form the Otherside with small whispers, and vibrate lights and the never-ending swirl of magic coming off it that made your head spin a little. A rift into the Otherside, a land of tricky, magic and lawless society.

Cel'Rim smiled at the rift, his eyes lit up in a moment of wonder, the grey hues of his eyes sparkled and reflected the ever-changing hues of the rift. "It doesn't look like much, and maybe it's a little terrifying for a first time. But I can 1000% promise you, you're gonna be alright." He nodded and nudges the wolf he was holding up, before picking up Rune just a bit, "Don't hate me for this Runey" He says, before throwing Rune right into the rift. It was disorientating, but he was quick to follow through the rift, it was a short transport but it did throw Rune out the same way Cel'Rim threw him in, which result in Cel'Rim being thrown out next to Rune, leaving him to nearly trip of the boy in the wolf skin.

It was an average looking place. The moonlight illuminated everything, the place looked like some city out of a fantasy book mixed with modern-day real life. Everything within the area was surreal, and even behind them where the rift was, there was a large, stone stretcher acting as the archway, and a home for the rift. It's safe to assume all rifts formed right within it, and that based on the surrounding greenery, that was similar to a sort of park, and then all the high rising buildings further out. Cel'Rim stood there proudly, brushing any stardust that collected on his clothes from the rift off, along with any dirt. He inhaled and exhaled softly, looking down at the dog. Right, Dog. "Oooh boy, right we still gotta fix you."

Cel'Rim grinning hearing the commotion in the area, The Otherside, its people looked anything but normal, and people knew people, and Cel'Rim was a person you don't forget. It was common that people gathered around the Rift when people travelled through it, so it was expected that people were waiting and just hanging around. The Otherside was strange, it was a place of tales, stories and adventures. Its why people often attacked and bombarded those who came back through the Rift. Stories were a part of history and culture there, they were important and often shared no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back