• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Welcome to the DWMA! (OOC) (Closed)

Should we have a discord for less alert problems? XD

• Total voters
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
You make plenty sense. An ability that allows you to do that is a Wavelength. It's not an ability per say, just something your character is born with. Idk about the GM's lore but mine had this if you remember Kyuubey Kyuubey Britt-21 Britt-21 :

Numbing Wavelength- Individuals with this wavelength are more numb to certain sensations such as pain or discomfort and therefore tend to push themselves more in combat. This can come with complications, though if they are unaware of an injury, then it's likely to get worse before actually getting treatment

Parasitic Wavelength- individuals who possess a parasitic wavelength are able to steal soul energy from others upon contact. This means the direct soul attacks do less damage because their soul actually absorbs some of the attack and converts into the power.

Survivor's Wavelength- The soul of a survivor is unique in that the wavelength grows in power as the difficulty of surviving becomes harder. The more damage they withstand, the stronger the wavelength. Of course, there is always a limit to how much damage the human body can withstand before it no longer functions.

Sacrificial Wavelength- This wavelength allows the user to absorb damage for others. When they are linked, via resonance to either a partner or a team, all damage goes to the one with the sacrificial soul.

(Sorry for spamming I also wanted to see if Hunter sees one of these wavelengths as to what he was going for or if any of these are allowed.)

I guess Llewellyn has the "Sacrificial Wavelength" then right?

no no no... would rather rework at this point working around the parasite ability just need to know more bout it Kyuubey Kyuubey ya apparently the expert 'ere mind explain that ability more?
When you physically touch someone you drain a bit of their power from their soul, or if they attack you with a SOUL based ability, it isn’t as effective on you as you take some of that power that they put into it. It is then converted into power that can be used against them. Though using this drains your own soul power and you wouldn’t be able to spam it; much like someone with a healing wavelength can only use their wavelength so much before tiring.

When you physically touch someone you drain a bit of their power from their soul, or if they attack you with a SOUL based ability, it isn’t as effective on you as you take some of that power that they put into it. It is then converted into power that can be used against them. Though using this drains your own soul power and you wouldn’t be able to spam it; much like someone with a healing wavelength can only use their wavelength so much before tiring.
now could I rework it maybe so err.. I could reduce the... ability... to drain power and make it an almost constant affect?

I’m really trying to work with you guys here but.... so far you haven’t exactly been helpful aside from just saying nope.... like no suggestion have really been overly helpful when it comes to trying to work somethings out...the inverted version of the survivor wavelength was the closest it was gonna get to what I wanted and it was shot down with little suggestions on how to improve it :closedeyescryingfrown:

I guess Llewellyn has the "Sacrificial Wavelength" then right?
I suppose so. The thing about wavelengths is that it's super rare to have a unique one. It's basically a perk to your character. Which now I think maybe it would make sense if Jinx had Anti-Madness Wavelength because of Soul Evans. Maybe his mother's side gained it, I suppose? But yes if that is what you are looking for. Though dont take my word for it, you'd need approval from the GMs

I suppose so. The thing about wavelengths is that it's super rare to have a unique one. It's basically a perk to your character. Which now I think maybe it would make sense if Jinx had Anti-Madness Wavelength because of Soul Evans. Maybe his mother's side gained it, I suppose? But yes if that is what you are looking for. Though dont take my word for it, you'd need approval from the GMs

Gotcha

I'd like to help you if possible!!! It reminds me of my Merciless wavelength which is the literal inverse of Survivor with a catch!!! What do you think? We could make a variant of mine and give you something acceptable. c:

-Merciless Wavelength: Carlin's soul wavelength is fearsome for its sheer intensity in growth and backlash for the sake of his purest desires. More potent thoughts strengthen the wavelength, and to accommodate such brings phantom pain usually to equal or worse than any force exerted. Until the wants are fulfilled or mitigated the illusive torture continues. Carlin can lie to himself, but he can't fool his soul.

Also.... You got me thinking... Does the ability have to be a Wavelength? Just wondering... You could do like a "Berserker" type thing! ...if you want...

-Merciless Wavelength: Carlin's soul wavelength is fearsome for its sheer intensity in growth and backlash for the sake of his purest desires. More potent thoughts strengthen the wavelength, and to accommodate such brings phantom pain usually to equal or worse than any force exerted. Until the wants are fulfilled or mitigated the illusive torture continues. Carlin can lie to himself, but he can't fool his soul.

Also.... You got me thinking... Does the ability have to be a Wavelength? Just wondering... You could do like a "Berserker" type thing! ...if you want...
Hmm I can work something form this... but I must slep

"I thought there were 18 new students?"
"Well some died shortly after arrival"
"Oh"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back