• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Welcome To Slater Haven (Modern Dark Fantasy/Vampire)

Darrian_Gabriel

Sicarii Assassin
Welcome To Slater Haven.jpg

This is the city of Slater Haven, a sprawling crime ridden and brooding metropolis of about six million inhabitants. The most interesting and disturbing fact about Slater Haven is not the city's crime, politics or drugs, it's who in fact lives here. Slater Haven has the highest concentration of vampires in the continental United States. The blood sucking night walkers are everywhere from the city's top ranking politicians to the vagrants begging on the streets. The vampire population is more or less an open secret that is just barely hidden from the rest of Humanity. The main vampire House that controls Slater Haven is the Ereban founded House Of Stri'Goi . What's unknown to many is that vampires come in three main classes. The First Bloods, which are a natural and biological species, The Erebans, purely supernatural created vampires, and Dhampirs, which are hybrids. The Erebans and First Bloods have been at odds for centuries, especially now that the Erebans have taken near complete control of Slater Haven. Tensions are at an all time high and the two main vampire factions are on the brink of all out war. Things are looking bad for the First Bloods, since their dis unity and lack of trust have allowed the Erebans to develop a devastating new weapon against them...a lethal contagion which has the potential to cull the First Blood numbers to such a degree, it may present them with near extinction. The House Of Stri'Goi have dubbed the pathogen "The Ares Strain". However in the midst of all this, there seems to be another problem brewing. Slater Haven is also the base for a number of vampire hunting clans. The two most powerful being the Van Helsing Disciples and The Mehmet Lineage, which have their own nasty surprises which would threaten the city's vampires on both sides of the divide. With war just on the horizon between the two vampire factions and a dangerous new threat of a contingent of vampire hunters on the loose, Slater Haven has become a volatile powder keg of intrigue, murder and conspiracy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****So this RP will be a somewhat unique take on the vampire genre. As mentioned above, the vampires of this universe come in two main types, supernatural and biological. The first type have obtained their vampirism through mystical and occultic means. They are the classic immortal undead. The second type are biological, occurring naturally and are simply a more evolved offshoot of the Human Family, like Neanderthals and Homo Erectus. The RP will focus on the burgeoning war between the two as well as the chaos the new lines of vampire hunters will unleash. Much more detail on the different factions and their histories will be posted in an Lore thread if this gains enough interest.

Sorry, I'm new, how do I create a character for this?

Well I have to see if this gains enough interest to gauge whether or not this is even worth pursuing as a full fledged campaign. If we get a few more interested players, than I'll start posting things like Character sheet templates, Lore and OOC's. But I appreciate the enthusiasm.

Got it! I don't really know how this roleplay site works, super sorry!! I'm better at roleplay than I am getting set up lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back