• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Weeds and Thorns of Altha

Lovable Dark-side

I might be a scarf. Who knows?
So, this is currently a first draft and an interest check. If I get enough interest for it I'll post a character sheet for it. Thoughts?

It had been years since the princess of Altha was sent away to the ammolite tower to partake in a crowning ritual. In which she must wait for her assigned knight, chosen by the fates, to retrieve her and place her on throne. Years had passed since tales of her knight had circled throughout the land. Tales that he had been “dispatched” and she was to be forever trapped in that darkened place with neither strength to leave nor able to without her fate touched knight.

People began to say that the fates and gods had forsaken her and if she was truly meant to rule over Altha her knight would have succeeded at his task. So, a new heir was placed on the throne in her stead and life moved onward. So, when the princess appeared one day with her once flowing locks chopped off, covered in burns and carrying the head of her once beloved knight firmly and victoriously in her right hand no one knew what to do. What were they to do? The princess had came back, but…the crowning ritual hadn’t been finished. Another princess, her sister, had been placed on the throne and awaited her own crowning ritual. Furthermore, her knight was very much dead by her own hand and without him her place on the throne would never be secure. So, they rejected the newly returned princess and claimed she had no right to the throne, nor to be in Altha. She was exiled by her people. Her own sister sent her away and that was the end of it, or so they thought.

The jilted princess disappeared, again. But this time years didn’t pass until her return. It was days. Three to be exact. The now residing princess was prepared to send her tainted sister away once again. When news of her arrival reached her ears. Yet, when she came back to the throne room she had noticed her sister had changed once again. She...didn’t last long. Her head was then set up next to knight’s on the floor below her throne. That was the fate of all who trespassed; of all who thought it necessary to interfere. The once rejected princess, became the queen of Altha. The wilted rose that purged all those unfit for the garden.

Our story takes place now. The tyrant queen sits pretty upon her throne killing anyone who dares to face her. The once jeweled infested Hall of Tiers now no longer decorated with portraits of the past, but loose heads each precisely place on a pedestal, dolled up, and displayed for each new challenger. We are the new fighting force. The generation of people left who must either protect the queen or fight against her. We weeds of Altha? or Thorns?

Really cool roleplay but in all honesty It was so poetic that I didn't fully understand the storyline

Really cool roleplay but in all honesty It was so poetic that I didn't fully understand the storyline
Sorry, I might have been a bit excessive. The base of the story is a princess was sent away for a crowning ritual, which is basically her falling into the damsel in distress trope. She ends up killing her knight and then forcibly overtakes the kingdom who shamed her for breaking tradition. She becomes a ruler Tyrant for some, Savoir for others and our characters would basically be playing the two sides.

I am thinking a fantasy action rp, with political intrigue.

Hahahahaha! Dark.

So...Questions...

Wouldn't the heads be skulls?
Is there magic?
Forgive me if it was in the story but wtf happend to the princess?
Can there be comedy or are we super serious ultra dark edginess?

Hahahahaha! Dark.

So...Questions...

Wouldn't the heads be skulls?
Is there magic?
Forgive me if it was in the story but wtf happend to the princess?
Can there be comedy or are we super serious ultra dark edginess?

First, answer. Yes! There is magic and that also answers the second question. I feel like the princess would would probably preserve the heads using said magic. Since they are like trophies slash warnings.

As to what happened to the princess. Well, depends on which one your talking about. The one who broke out of the tower killed the other princess and took over the kingdom. The other princess kind of got beheaded. If you are asking what happened in the tower....that is to be revealed as we rp.

Lastly, its a balance. This is a darker theme rp, but comedy isn't excluded.

First, answer. Yes! There is magic and that also answers the second question. I feel like the princess would would probably preserve the heads using said magic. Since they are like trophies slash warnings.

As to what happened to the princess. Well, depends on which one your talking about. The one who broke out of the tower killed the other princess and took over the kingdom. The other princess kind of got beheaded. If you are asking what happened in the tower....that is to be revealed as we rp.

Lastly, its a balance. This is a darker theme rp, but comedy isn't excluded.
Alright. And alright.

And yeah, I was talking about the tyrant princess, but I can safely assume something corrupted her? Nothing like "I was evil all along mweheheheh!"?

And....as long as there isn't like. Over the top gore, Deaths for absolutely no reason but for shock, Decapitated children and like other stuff that are just there for shock value or to show like "Mwehehehe. Look at how evil I am", I'm good.

Alright. And alright.

And yeah, I was talking about the tyrant princess, but I can safely assume something corrupted her? Nothing like "I was evil all along mweheheheh!"?

And....as long as there isn't like. Over the top gore, Deaths for absolutely no reason but for shock, Decapitated children and like other stuff that are just there for shock value or to show like "Mwehehehe. Look at how evil I am", I'm good.

No, I understand your concern. I to have been jibbed by that kind of bullshit. I will try to keep the rp balanced and well adjusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back