• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy We Are The Evil Nutty Cultists, I Guess

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Vitaliya Kardos
LOCATION War Room
INTERACTIONS Epiphany Epiphany everyone
Vitaliya breathed a sigh internal relief. No one was seriously considering running a kidnapping operation, at least based on the votes. Regardless, the lich made his announcement and what we'll be doing. Always reassuring to know that memory wiping is an option. Vitaliya had thought about going to see a back alley mage to clear out her... less than welcomed memories of bad quests. However, she is a member of the camp of adventurers that proclaims every experience is a valuable lesson. And this experience — the cult, the lich, the morbid discussion — is a lesson to find better a part-time job.

With the dwarf calling upon the members for her intelligence gathering team, Vitaliya merely shrugged. Just as she was ready to take on a Hero, she's just as ready to work in the background. In fact, it was more to her liking, as she seriously didn't want to be associated with the cult anymore than she had.

"If you believe so, then I'll follow." She replied back as the dwarf left the room. The dwarf's words made her sound like a diviner of sorts, but Vitaliya couldn't care less whether she was one blessed with future-vision or just a con. The team the diviner/con just made seems decent enough to her judging eyes. Likewise, if the diviner's foresight was to be believed, it'll all go smoother if the aforementioned obstacle occurs in the preparation stage.

Vitaliya pushed herself off the wall and let her gaze wander the room.

"At Dusk I shall return." She declared with the same gusto an adventurer would use when accepting a request, well, she is an adventurer after all. And with that, she headed for the exit as well.

OOC: Anyone else leaving the place, feel free to catch my character outside.

William Von Strauss
The War Room

The masked doctor sat rather quietly in his chair as opinions and votes swirled around him. He wasn't used to having such a promptness or even a vote held for decisions like this. Usually, he was limited to his own set of skills, and the little branches and forays into other skills he encouraged his daughters to take up. Swordplay, art, thievery, music, extortion, and everything in between, as he never had the time to do so himself. However, with all of the individuals in the room who undoubtedly spent most of their lives practicing their crafts, it was easy to see that perhaps, choosing a path wasn't so easy. Even in spite of what the short woman had to say, be it her way or no way, he felt that perhaps, there might have been some other solution that didn't require such... Brashness, but he was just one voice among many, and he didn't have a much better solution nor argument there and then.

He watched as a few of the members started filing out the room, his cue to probably start doing the same. His eyes drifted to his daughter, Modesty, innocently eating pie, a grayish haze surrounding her head. Was this worth it? He had most of what he wanted already, some semblance of a family, enough money to continue living in his retreat from reality for another decade or so. He would just never get his daughter back. Perhaps, he could find some other job, or... What? It'd take even longer to finally get what he wanted, and possibly, this cult of world-ending nutjobs had some materials and resources he could draw upon for himself. As long as he played the doctor role well enough, and ensured whatever lost-limb grafts didn't go rogue, he was sure to be left to his own devices.

"Give it a rest Manourei." The doctor said, stretching as he stood up from the chair. "The dwarf highlighted a set group of individuals, and from what I gathered, told us we'd most likely find our lives at a loss at some point in the process. If she wanted to inspire leadership, I would like to think she purposefully left the role the rest of us would play purposefully up in the air for ourselves to decide." He tapped Modesty on the shoulder and gave her a thumbs up, the silence aura washing away as sound rushed back into her ears. "We, at least I, am not going to simply be sitting around waiting for orders. I've got preparations to make, and daughters to gather from all over this soon to be pile of rubble. I'm sure we can prove our use in some other way, outside of mere information gatherers and meatshields. If that's all that was needed, I imagine doctors, mages, exiles, and supernatural beings wouldn't need to be hired for something like this, no?" He pushed his chair in, and called the attention of his other daughter, who was fiercely clenching onto the tiny skeleton who had slighted her.

"But that's for another day. Be safe, all of you." He breathed a shaky sigh of anticipation for future events, and flanked by his two creations, he made his way to the door as well.

Interactions: Hanarei Hanarei
Mentions: Everyone

Níos Saoire / Ner'Zhul

Níos had been listening to the meeting from outside the door, her presence shrowded in shadow. Everyone at some point had passed her by while entering the room and for the most part, she was not very impressed with the group the lich had gathered. There were, of course, those who had passed her by that somewhat caught her eye but overall the group seemed dysfunctional but then again mortals always seemed dysfunctional, especially in groups. As the meeting continued and the vote began Níos quickly found herself listening in on discord the likes only mortal kind could bring about. A simple vote became a big ordeal and the group was tossed into verbal disarray and uncertainty. The very situation made Níos regret agreeing to the plan but if her short history with the lich was anything to go by she knew he had planned for this very situation to occur and he had done so for a reason. Mortals were so very confusing.

As the debating came to an end and a vote was settled upon, Níos was content with the plan of action. Níos herself, of course, would have much rathered taking down and consuming a hero but then again Níos knew full well a hero would eventually stray into her path no matter the initial plan and that was good enough for her. As the dwarf moved to leave the room Níos prepared to take her leave as well. That was until the vampire decided to bring up a rather interesting topic. Brushing past those who decided to take their leave Níos entered the room, shadows twisting and distorting the light within as she did so. The mist that coated the table was soon replaced with creeping shadows and once Níos was positioned looming over the vampire she revealed herself. Scyth in one hand her head in the other. "Lich... this lesser creature believes we should fear the gods... pathetic." Gazing toward the vampire Níos began to twist shadows into brambles and slowly but surely those very brambles began climbing and encasing the vampire's legs. One look into the Dullahans eyes and the Vampire would experience her worst fear. " You imitate the Fae magic of soul. Yet you fear the gods? Is that true... little girl. Tell me, what is it you truly fear? Would you like me to show you what it is those gods fear? Come gaze upon my eyes and witness true terror... Gaze..."

"Enough," Ner'Zhul intervened. His essence seeped and pooled around the room, like a thick, cloying mist, choking those present with only invisible traces by stealing the breath out of their very lungs and by stilling the spark of life in their very souls. It wasn't a visible distortion, and not fully tangible either, but to a creature like the Dullahan, it felt like nothing less than a slap to the wrist; a deer huffing and displaying its antlers, ready to push back. It was enough of a distraction the enchantment of true fear was shattered prematurely, leaving nothing but wisps and flashes of horror scattering through the empyrean in the air. Ner'Zhul retracted his aura. No longer did those present have to hold their breath. His ring flashed ominously with azure light, as he spoke the truth, only truth, and the very truth. "There will be no fighting in this room, nor will I permit you to play games with anyone, fairy," he admonished. "Certain standards and rules have to be maintained. These people were invited here by me, so if you do anything to any of them, I will treat it as if you have done the same to me. You will not enjoy my vengeance, I don't imagine."

Straightening her posture Níos moved to reattach her head. The lich would normally be of no threat to a fae, especially a primordial such as herself, but this specific lich had a relic that was forged in the ways of old. A relic of incredible power. A relic Níos still didn't know the full potential of and as such she decided to step down. The soul of a lowly vampire wasn't worth the battle that would ensue. The shadows that had slowly been encasing the vampire vanished instantaneously as well as those that had filled the room unnaturally. Swinging her scythe around in circles Níos let out a soft sigh "Calling me Fairy will only serve to bring my wrath down upon you lich. Need I remind you of your place and our agreement? I believe the vampire has learned her lesson for now, for that reason and that alone I will allow her to keep her life as well as the lesser souls within."

Hanarei Hanarei (@ everyone in the room)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back