• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Water is Actually Thicker Than Blood {character driven}

elskagalla

ayyboii.gif
"Here's to the nights that turned into mornings with the friends that turned into family."
Hello all. I'd love to start a roleplay about a group of very close friends. It'd follow them through their lives and as their bonds grow or break. Each character has their own personal set of issues that cause drama for the whole group. To set a mood, these friends live in a small, rural town, where there isn't much of anything to do but mess around with one another. They spend most of their days by the lake, baking in the sun and getting into trouble. Think the song "The Strays" by Sleeping with Sirens if you need a reference.

I'd imagine these characters all being around 18-20. I don't mind which gender you make your character, but a mix is always nice.

Below are the roles and their descriptions.

The Glue- taken by ballerina - this character is the one who started it all, without them, nobody would've probably ever became friends. This character loves the town, no matter how mundane everything gets, and always cheers their friends up. They love local football games, barbecues with neighborhood, and their boyfriend/girlfriend of 5 years. They care a lot about their boyfriend/girlfriend, but sometimes they wonder if they're missing out by still being with the same person since 8th grade.

The Oddball - taken by creatureofthenight - this character is nerdy, eccentric, and on the shy side. In high school, they struggled to find themselves, and would've been seen as awkward to strangers. Their friends helped them, though, making sure nobody gave them any issues, and always building up their confidence. Even with great friends, they still couldn't seem to overcome their depression, and often feel guilty because of this.

The Unknown - taken by mysticsweaterhog - this character has been part of the group from the very beginning, yet nobody seems to know a thing about them. They're very guarded, harboring many skeletons in their closet, and fearing that if their secrets were to get out, they'd lose their friends. They are mysterious, troubled, and reluctant to seek help.

The Social Butterfly - taken by panzer - this character loves their friends, but is always yearning for more. They're bubbly, outgoing, and will go out of their way to meet new people. They come off as free-spirited, and could even be seen as a hippie sometimes. Their easygoing nature often makes their friends jealous, but they're really just worried they will lose this character.

The Newbie - taken by me - this character moved to the area a year ago and failed to make new friends. But when they met The Social, they were quickly invited into the group. They're still trying to find their place in the friend circle, but they're very thankful to have been welcomed with arms wide open.

The Childhood Friend - taken by animegenork - this character is The Glue's friend from childhood. They hang around the group because of their connection to The Glue, but they're hoping to become closer with the others as well. This character is a bit of a badass, they smoke, drink, and sleep around. They're definitely a poor influence when they come along.

The Peacemaker - taken by itsagoodlife - this character is The Glue's girlfriend/boyfriend. They're the voice of reason when trouble arises and consider themselves to be a good listener. They dislike The Childhood Friend's antics and try to keep everyone out of trouble. They wish to marry The Glue someday and have no clue that their partner has doubts.

The Sheltered - this character wishes to be closer with everyone, but struggles, due to their family not approving of their friends. Their family dislikes the group and is very strict, so this character often has to find ways to hide what they are doing and sneak out to see their friends. They started out as a goody-two-shoes, but their friends have pushed them out of their comfort zone quite a bit.

Please let me know if you have an interest in any of the roles so I can add your name to the description. (:

Hope to hear from you soon and feel free to ask any questions below!

Last edited:
“The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.” Is actually the full quote, haha. Not trying to sound snobbish or anything by correcting, just thought I'd do it before someone else does. It means that blood shed by going through experiences with others is thicker than a relationship bound simply because you are direct family.

I'm really not one for Modern RPs, I generally stick with Futuristic/Fantasy, but I'd be willing to give this a shot. I'd prefer to get the Unknown, since someone like that has a big relatable impact for me. But really if this fills up and someone else wants the Unknown, they can have the space.

A badass, you say?

Consider me interested and willing to be "the childhood friend"

Except for the smoking and sleeping around, I am definitely the badass childhood friend

This is actually right up my alley, I'd love to play 'The Glue' if there are no other takes~

SentinelSevn SentinelSevn That's actually really cool, I would've never guessed that! As long as you don't mind, I think I'll give the Unknown space to someone else, since Modern RPs aren't really your thing, and the other person was excited about the role. Feel free to take a different role if there's any interest, though. (:

SentinelSevn SentinelSevn That's actually really cool, I would've never guessed that! As long as you don't mind, I think I'll give the Unknown space to someone else, since Modern RPs aren't really your thing, and the other person was excited about the role. Feel free to take a different role if there's any interest, though. (:

Yeah, no problem at all! Hope you guys have fun with this!

the rp is gonna take place on twitter?

if so, im withdrawing my interest.

I apologize greatly but I’m not sure I could keep up with the role play if we’re doing it on Twitter. Thank you though! This looked like a lot of fun but I feel I would loose track and pull the story behind...

elskagalla elskagalla

Oh....it's through Twitter?
I didn't know that was a thing
As I don't have Twitter and don't have much of an interest in having one, I'm going to have to withdraw my interest.... I'm sorry!

I don't really know how twitter works but i'm willing to try, I'll take the oddball as Creature of the night has backed out !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back