Other Watching your interest check slowly sink to the second page with minimal views and no replies

"Why are we here? Just to suffer?"

Snake... why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg and my arm... even my fingers... the body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm the one who got caught up with Cipher. A group above nations... even the US. And I was the parasite below, feeding off Zero's power. They came after you in Cyprus... then Afghanistan... Cipher... just keeps growing. Swallowing everything in it's path. Getting bigger and bigger... Who knows how big now? Boss. I'm gonna make 'em give back our past... take back everything that we've lost. And I won't rest... until we do.

We were all there at some point. I had to see my first interest check die before my eyes. It was brutal man

You've just got to see them off. Nobody understood them but you. But you know that everyone one of them was a diamond.
snake-MGS5-rubbing-ashes-on-face-ashes-weird-14473278810.gif

I don't even bother anymore. I just check the forum when bored. Maybe if something interesting pops up i'll reply to it.

Honestly, first page is overrated. Most of my interests checks pick up around the time they reach the seventh page or lower.

It's also not that much a wonder that some interests checks would go down without that many replies, with the speed at which they are posted and this first page obsession leading to some people constantly bumping. Which is to not even mention whatever the contents of your thread may actually be.

I'm sure most of us can relate. It's like, this site is so big, but everyone's personal niches are so small, lol.

I've never really made one, though I can really understand the frustration, which is actually one of the reasons I haven't made one yet, that and I'm lazy.

They are, I'm just new so I haven't made a search thread. So I don't know if the OPs gripe is a omen for future searchers or not. We shall see though, I'll be back once I make a search thread and I'm 2 pages in!!! >D
I am the OP, and I look forward to seeing what your first foray into partner searching brings.

I am the OP, and I look forward to seeing what your first foray into partner searching brings.
whoops sorry! Yeah. Hopes it isn't an omen! >D I dunno some people look like they get hundreds of hits, and several requests, some not so much.

//has been snooping around the search threads//

whoops sorry! Yeah. Hopes it isn't an omen! >D I dunno some people look like they get hundreds of hits, and several requests, some not so much.

//has been snooping around the search threads//
It all depends on what's marketable to people here. Your writing could be made of pure gold and people might not even glance at it because they're looking for something completely different.

People are picky by nature, and when it comes to literally writing as a team effort, after easily over fifteen years doing this you just kind of want to find very specific things. I'm like that, too, so whenever I look at those threads, 90% of it just doesn't interest me.

You just gotta wait. And repost after a while, because a person who shares your interests may not notice it this week, or the week after.

That's most common in the Group Interest Checks, 1x1 Checks tend to be a little more frank and simple.
Noted. I know some communities are really on the "show me writing samples" and others aren't.

I don't like looking at them myself, but I'll post them if it's sort of a forum norm / expectation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back