• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Washington High School: Student Chronicles

(I guess if most of the people here want to time skip, we should..)

Morning came, and Syo groaned loudly, trying to pull herself out of bed. As usual, she'd somehow managed to get tangled up in her blankets overnight, and as she wrestled with her blankets to get free, her eyes drifted over to her alarm clock. ''..Shit.''

Syo got ready as quickly as she could, running out the door, silently cursing her alarm for not going off. She must have tripped and stumbled at least ten times on her way there, panicking. It wasn't that she was that fussed about getting a detention, she just hated entering the classroom late and having everyone stare at her while the teacher lectured her about being on time.

Regan slowly got up from her bed. She had been ignoring the alarm clock for the past fifteen minutes and finally shut it off. She picked out a random band t-shirt, throwing a sweater over it, and putting on a pair of jeans then walked out the door without much of a breakfast. She closed the front door behind her and shoved her hands into her pockets before she started walking to school, listening to her music as usual.

"Goodbye mom." Solana said softly, pressing her lips to her mother's head as the older woman slept. She'd just gotten back from her night shift at the hospital and Solana knew the woman was beyond exhausted. Especially when her mother hadn't even made it to the couch but had fallen asleep on the floor.

She wore a nice flower dress with a cardigan sweater over it. Her black knee high socks, were rolled down just a tad bit, fitting with her combat boots. She hummed to herself, walking to her usual corner before getting onto the bus that would take her to school.

Zori however had already been at the school. He enjoyed getting to the school around 5:30 in the morning to train in the dark. Not that he was the only one though. There were very few others who did what he chose to do. Sometimes it wasn't even because they desired to but because of the couch. For now he was finishing up his shower- wondering what today would hold for him.

Syo was, again, wearing one of her weird shirts. Today, it was a long sleeved black-and-white shirt, and on the front was a crudely drawn pigeon wearing a upside down top hat. As she reached the entrance, she slowed to a stop, confused..The clock on the wall was one hour behind what her alarm had read.. She sighed, realizing she'd forgotten to set her alarm clock to the right time again. ''So I'm one hour early, huh..?''

Eliza pulled into the school parking lot, grabbed her bag, and tried to open a door. But, it appeared to be locked. She had tried to get to school early, but just her luck.

Regan walked into the school building, still a bit drowsy from earlier. She groaned and rubbed her eyes. She asked herself why she ever chose to go to school so early if she didn't even like being there. There weren't many students at the school yet so it was pretty quiet. She walked like a zombie to her locker to exchange her books. She stood there, leaning against her locker as she closed her eyes and dozed off.

Syo had just walked off to use the other entrance, when she noticed someone else approach the doorway she'd just tried to get in through. ''You won't have much luck with that one,'' Syo called, ''But there's an entrance around the other side of the school that's generally open. You want me to show you it?''

Zori had finally finished dressing and grabbed his bag. Humming happily to himself, he walked around the building, smiling at Regan. Though his smile faltered when he noticed that she looked to be more on the dead side than the living. He heard a knocking when he passed the entrance and turned to see someone- or make that someones. Giving them a look, he walked over to the door and slowly pushed it open for them.

"There you go..." He said slowly.

Regan started to slip forward against the locker and woke up with a start. She flustered a bit then whipped her head around to make sure no one saw her. She finished collecting her things then finally closed her locker. She walked down the hallway and saw Zori opening the door for someone. "Hey guys" she mumbled with a smile.

''No problem!'' She responded cheerfully. ''I don't use it much, 'cause I don't usually get here early, but I think it's around here somewhere..'' She was about to start walking, when Zori opened the door. ''Oh, never mind. Thanks! Saves me walking all the way to the other side of the school.''

Zori glanced back at Regan and sent her a small smile and wave. "Good morning!" He greeted happily.

He then turned to Syo. "No problem."

''I'm Syo, Syo Biel.'' She responded with a grin, shaking her hand. ''Nice to meet you, Eliza.'' She paused, before commenting, ''I like your hair! .. I tried to get mine a similar colour, but it ended up looking kinda silver-ish..''

Regan laughed a bit at Zori's cheerfulness. "Why are you so happy at such a early time in the morning?" she asked him. "I'm Regan" she told Eliza with a welcoming smile.

''An hour, seriously? I dunno if I'd be patient enough for that..'' She replied with a laugh. ''It suits you pretty well. So, are you new here?''

"Why not?" Zori asked back. "I'm Zori!" He said to Eliza, sending her a wave. He turned back to Regan. "Well okay, that's not really an answer. I'm groggy in the morning but my usual morning work out kinda zaps me awake and then I'm as alert as a bee."

"Ah that makes sense. I'm usually as dead as a zombie in the morning." Regan straightened up, finally feeling a bit awake now. "So what sport do you play?" she asked curiously.

"I do track." Zori answered, sending her a small smile. "I'm a hurdler if you want to be more specific."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back