• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Washington High School: Student Chronicles

Lady Insanity

I live for the chaos, yet I'd die for peace.
Washington High is a normal high school, social cliques, bullies, drama, romances, and a great sports program. Nothing out of the ordinary happens here. However, kids never seem to leave their groups...which isn't a good thing. Nobody is branching out, and no one seems to raise their voice...no one wants to be heard. Surely, there are some kids who are bound to be different and stand up above the rest...or will they continue the social nightmare?

Shane was walking through the halls, gripping tightly onto her bag as there wasn't a moment she wasn't being ran into by someone. She watched a few things fly through the air and hoped none of them hit her. She took a deep breath, trying to stay relaxed in the crowded hallway. It was difficult, but she managed to make it to her first class. There weren't many people who had arrived yet; she assumed they were still and probably would keep roaming the hallways in large crowds until an administrator forced them into class. She found a seat close to the window and took a seat. There was a large bush with blossoming flowers all over it. She smiled as she pulled out her notebook and laying it nicely on her desk. She didn't expect to have to write anything down on the first day of the school year, but she figured she might as well seem prepared. She sat in silence until more people started filling the classroom, making it somewhat louder.

Zori whistled, whipping his bag around to rest on his back. Another day at school. Hopefully this one would be a good one. He had a test in physics that he was positive he'd be failing but other than that it was alright. He smiled widely as he saw the athletes of the school, raising a hand and calling to them- earning a multitude of hellos back. He joined the group, talking animatedly with them as they began to walk going to their hangout in the school.

Solana sat in class- notebook on her desk and pen beside it. She wasn't one for really hanging out with people before school... Or during... Or even after. She found she didn't really hangout that much, maybe meeting up with the fellow squares and geeks the bullies of the school loved to target. Solana would even find herself occasionally meeting up with one of the school loners. But it wasn't like they talked or anything. She would simply be in their vicinity with her nose in her latest book. Just like she was now. She saw nothing better than reading a book- leaving reality for that while as you became a part of the book's world, fighting off the enemy and seemingly always winning. That's what she loved. She heard somebody walk into the class but didn't bother looking up at them.

Jack was walking through the slightly filled halls, people of all ages were also there, groups were already being formed and the day had barely even took off. He sighed and then carried on through the halls, gripping both his bag and guitar that he had with him. He continued walking. Looking at each door he passed in the hopes of reaching his classroom some time soon. After five minutes of walking through the maze of halls he found his class, sighing with relief as he entered. He had hoped that nobody asked him to perform a song on his guitar, or sing for them, which was what people usually do and it annoys him, he always says "Go and buy a music box." As he sat at his desk he rested his guitar and bag by his feet, leaning up against the wall to his left. He liked his seat as it was right by the wall. He sat there quietly tapping the table as he waited for class to start, and also watched as the classroom began to fill with teenagers.

Lexi and Alex walk into class, Lexi's bright blue eyes shift over the class, she meets eyes with a boy who had a guitar, she smiled lightly, before seeing two other girls, and smiling at them also. She took her seat, right beside the guy with the guitar. She wore black jeans that clung to her body tightly, and a dark pink almost purple sweatshirt that read 'Life Guard' in bold black letters with a red plus sign under it. She shifted her brunette hair over her shoulder as she shifted through her violet colored book bag, taking out a black more book and a pen.

Alex sat behind a girl reading a book. He took out his notebook and grunted as he realized Lexi had stole his pen. He straightened up and tapped Solana's shoulder. "can I burrow a pen?" He asked softly, he wore a black vneck shirt that did little to hide his muscular arms. He glared towad Lexi, who smirked a cute devilish smirk.

Shane tried not to pay attention to the people walking in but couldn't help turning around the get a look at her classmates. Fewer people had walked in than she had previously thought. She took quick looks at everyone in the room, trying not to seem like she was staring. A boy in the back said to thing to a girl in front of him, but Shane couldn't quite hear the two of them. She noticed a girl smile at her, so she gave a small smile back. She turned back to her desk, opening her notebook and grabbing a pen from her bag. Shane began to scribble all over the blank page of paper, never staying in one specific place for long.

Syo approached the classroom with a giant grin on her face, humming loudly. She had headphones on, but it probably wouldn't have mattered if she hadn't, seeing as the music was turned up so loud that you could hear the lyrics clearly as she made her way down the corridors. She kinda looked like she'd just woken up, what with the fluffed up hair and sleepy grin she had fixed on her face. Along with this, Syo didn't seem to notice her bag was open, leaving the contents of her bag exposed. As she entered the classroom, she yawned loudly, sliding into her seat, her music now so loud that it was getting irritated stares from her fellow students.

Solana had glanced up when the others had come into the room and sent a small smile back. She went immediately back to reading her book, eager to get to the next chapter. Things were getting absolutely good and there was no way she wanted to put this book down. Her goals were quickly terminated when she felt a finger tapping her shoulder. She put her book down, sighing as she turned to look at him. After sending him a small nod she turned back around and rummaged through her bag, looking for a pen. She found one and turned back around giving it to him.

"There you go." She said softly, sending him a small smile. "Already unprepared?"

She glanced over at the girl with the loud headphones and huffed. She definitely wouldn't be able to get any reading done now. That was for sure.

Regan walked slowly down the hallway. Her messenger bag with a few of her books in it hit against her leg lightly with every step she took. She had her earbuds in her ears, listening to music to block out the sounds of the many teenagers in the hallway. She finally made it to her class before the bell could ring, much to her surprise. She was almost always late to her classes, but that never bothered her. Regan walked in and glanced quickly at everyone in the class before she took her seat at the back. She liked sitting in the back, that way no one could look at her unless they turned around. She kept her earbuds in her ears, sitting back against the seat as she crossed her arms over her chest and watched as the few others in the class interacted with one another.

Syo glanced up at the girl as she entered, before going back to absent-mindedly drawing on her desk with her pen. With her other hand, she tapped on the desk to the rhythm of her music.

Alex smiled and chuckled lightly, "I was, until my she-devil sister wasn't." He set the pen on his desk "thanks.." He raised an eyebrow slightly, "what are you reading?" He asked, his dark eyes alluring, and mysterious, as if he held hundreds of secrets within them.

Solana glanced over at her book and sighed. This guy wanted a conversation and it looked like she wasn't going to be able to read any further. She picked it up, placif her bookmark in it and closing it before showing him the cover.

"Pride and Prejudice." She answered, nodding her head. "Lovely book."

Syo, bored, pulled off her headphones and stuffed them back into her bag, just as she heard Solana speak. Having nothing else to do, and being the kind of person who didn't care about striking up conversations with complete strangers, said, ''What's it about?''

Solana turned over to the girl who had spoken. That was the one with the loud music earlier...

"It's about love..." She said with a shrug. "And all of the obstacles one must overcome to see to it that they do find that love they were looking for." After a few seconds she blushed slightly, shrugging once again. "Well... That's not really what it's about. That's just what I think it's about. It's more of a book on love and the different social classes back then. Follows around a family with five daughters who are trying to get married. Entertaining book."

''Huh, it sounds okay.. S' not my kind of book, though.'' She paused, before continuing to speak. ''You're one of those people who likes to analyse books, yeah?''

Solana thought about it for a few seconds before shrugging once again.

"Yeah, I guess I do... I just like to read them." She said carefully, looking at the girl. "It's nice reading books you know. They don't disappoint you." She said with a small laugh.

''Yeah, I thought you were that kind of person,'' She replied, with a wide grin, ''I'm not a huge fan of books, but when I find one I like, I tend to enjoy it. Y' ever read 'The Shining'?''

Solana shook her head. "No, I have not. I will add that to my list of books I must read if you recommend it." She said with a small smile. "I'm always looking for books to read."

''Yeah, it's pretty much my favourite. It's pretty spooky, though.'' She went back to scribbling on the table for a while, before glancing back up at Solana. ''What about you? What books do you recommend?'' Half-joking, half-not. She hadn't finished a book in a while, but hey, it might be cool to get back in to.

Erica quickly rushed from her locker to the class she was supposed to be in. She was once again late. Ever since her parents divorced and she moved with her Mom to Washington, Erica has been behind on school work with failing grades.

When she enters the class room, all eyes land on her. "Christ," she silently says to herself. Erica simply hated it when people stared at her. At her last school, no one payed much attention to her so she got used to that. So when people did, Erica began to felt uncomfortable.

"Your late," the teacher Mr.Martin stated. Erica sighed and apologised. The teacher told her went to sit and returned to writing English notes on the board. Erica sat in the middle row and took out her notebook and pen. She began to take notes.

"What books do I recommend?" Solana said, blinking. "Hmm... I think it honestly depends on what you like. That wy I'd know what to recommend. You seem like the horror, thriller type so I'd say... 'Asylum'. That one or one of Edgar Allen Poe's works." She said, nodding her head and sending her a smile.

Alex smirked as the two girls began to speak. The teacher was late, yet he didn't mind, he enjoyed getting to talk with new people.

Solana looked back at the boy. "What about you? Do you read any books?" She tilted her head slightly. "Any that you would recommend? Or are you one of those who doesn't believe in reading books? Those who would rather sit in front of a tv. Those who like to deface books?" She asked.

''A-S-Y-L-U-M..'' Syo mumbled to herself as she wrote it on her own hand. On closer inspection, her hand was absolutely covered in notes made in bright blue pen. ''Cool. Thanks.''

Biyu cautiously approached the classroom. She hadn't been in for a while, having come down with a illness, and for that reason she felt strangely nervous as she entered the room. ''Um..'' She said hesitantly, with a small smile, ''Hi. Am I late..?'' Syo noticed her, and gave a enthusiastic wave.

''Oy oy, Biyu!''

'' 'Oy oy'? Is that your new greeting now Syo?'' She laughed and took a seat next to her friend. The class pretty much knew who she was, but didn't have any idea why she'd been off school.

Regan yanked her earbuds out of her ears and listened as the girls spoke, smirking a bit when one of them talked of a book about love. Regan liked to read books but she found many romance novels to be a bit cliche. She finally looked at everyone in the class and figured she should actually try talking to someone but shrugged to herself as if that was a crazy idea. She took her notebook out of her bag and a pen to start doodling random things that came up in her mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back