• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Warriors, Rogues, and Mages.

PenBlade1326

The Faint Light In The Dark Tunnel Of Life
Had an idea for a group of friends (3-6 people) who found this really strange looking table top game at a shady market. It looks old, kind of odd, and not from around here. The vendor told the kids it was imported from another country, so nobody from around the area would know it. It's set in a fantasy setting, all about venturing in this fantasy world, fighting demons, etc. It's name in the foreign language is hard to make out, but the guy told you it translates to Warriors, Rogues, and Mages. Simple enough. The friends are fans of fantasy things, so this table top game looks interesting. After everyone puts money in to pay for it, they all head to one of their houses for a weekend of gaming, focused on this game.

One thing the vendor forgot to mention...is that it's not from another country, it's not even a game. The box it comes in acts as a grave, a grave holding something dark and sinister. When the kids open the game and start to play, the evil magic bound to the board lashes out, causing the kids to become their characters. These kids, known as the loser/geeks of their high school, are now trapped as these characters...stuck as warriors, rogues and mages. They must live by the rules of the game, practically trapped in the board. A vast world full of mystery...and danger. As they are forced to fight through the world of the "game", it becomes clear they're fighting for more than survival.

Once they become strong enough, the game will send them back into the real world, only still as their characters. Once they're sent back, the game itself, and its evil, will follow them. Even stronger. Then it will be up to them to save their world from destruction, against all odds.

So...wanna play?

(Hopefully a gender balance! 3 players: 2 males 1 female. 4 players: 2 male, 2 female. 5 players: 3 males, 2 females. 6 players: 3 males, 3 females. I just like that balance for some reason, I'm odd like that.)

AikoMomone said:
Sounds awesome! I'll join! How long should replies be?
At least a paragraph so like 4-5 sentences

What system are you using? D&D Jumanji seems like a fun concept if it's executed well.

Grey said:
What system are you using? D&D Jumanji seems like a fun concept if it's executed well.
Not sure how to put it. For the table top game in the RP, I was going to create a set of rules for it specifically. Although you could picture it like D&D.

Bardiel said:
Are the mechanics to be diced based?
The general idea of the "board" is dice, yes. However once the characters actually become part of the game, it's based on instinct and reactions. So it's more of a survival/imaginative mechanic.

Well, presumably since they're inhabiting the game it wouldn't need to be a game-within-the-game, per se.

I think FATE might be of great use to you in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back