• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Warhammer 40K: The Interex Valhalla

Eplov said:
I know there's a lot of overlap, I'm looking at the heretek is for RP reasons. She should be hated by the Adeptus Mechanicus for her self made goodies and heretical ways.
Makes sense to me. Are you saying you want to be a Heretek, but don't feel like picking up the Arch-Heretek replacements?

On an unrelated note, since our minifaction doesn't officially recognize the God Emperor's divinity (though his worship is tolerated), missionaries might seem a bit out-of-place. So, I'm thinking what I'll do is have them be re-skinned and called "Oracles", which spread the philosophy the Captain espouses (but mechanically the same). They might also have utility in fighting Chaos. How does that sound to everyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm picturing her starting out more reserved, so a power axe the size of a car seems silly. Is a power sword or fist an acceptable alternative?

I don't have the XP for mechadendryte use since her origin is eating up some of her starting 500, so tentacles will come later. ;)

Can someone explain how unnatural characteristics work? There are two different cybernetic enhancements (the names escape me at the moment) that when upped to good quality give the explorer unnatural intelligence and unnatural strength respectively.

Into the Storm offers a hidden blade implant that can be mono, poisoned, penetrating and "powered" depending on quality. If I were to take a cyber limb could it incorporate a power fist instead? I read something about that before but it was a house rule.

Explorator's start with a Servo-Skull and sacred unguents. Neither of these fit the character concept, do you have any suggestions for an alternative?

Protagonist said:
Makes sense to me. Are you saying you want to be a Heretek, but don't feel like picking up the Arch-Heretek replacements?
On an unrelated note, since our minifaction doesn't officially recognize the God Emperor's divinity (though his worship is tolerated), missionaries might seem a bit out-of-place. So, I'm thinking what I'll do is have them be re-skinned and called "Oracles", which spread the philosophy the Captain espouses (but mechanically the same). They might also have utility in fighting Chaos. How does that sound to everyone else?
Sounds reasonable to me.

Protagonist said:
I think that's about right. Heretical without the replacements I mean.

Eplov said:
I'm picturing her starting out more reserved, so a power axe the size of a car seems silly. Is a power sword or fist an acceptable alternative?
I don't have the XP for mechadendryte use since her origin is eating up some of her starting 500, so tentacles will come later. ;)

Can someone explain how unnatural characteristics work? There are two different cybernetic enhancements (the names escape me at the moment) that when upped to good quality give the explorer unnatural intelligence and unnatural strength respectively.

Into the Storm offers a hidden blade implant that can be mono, poisoned, penetrating and "powered" depending on quality. If I were to take a cyber limb could it incorporate a power fist instead? I read something about that before but it was a house rule.

Explorator's start with a Servo-Skull and sacred unguents. Neither of these fit the character concept, do you have any suggestions for an alternative?
Yes, not having the replacement upgrades is perfectly fine.

A power first or a power sword is fine, as well.

Unnatural characteristics, IIRC, mean that you get a double the bonus of a stat. For example, with normal toughness, you get 1 Toughness Bonus for every 10 points of toughness. With unnatural toughness, you get 2 Toughness Bonus points for every 10 points of toughness.

So the Unnatural trait essentially doubles your bonuses for a trait. For intelligence and strength, if you have a score of 40 to say... you normally get a +4 bonus but with Unnatural (Insert stat here), the bonus is doubled, equalling +8.

Protagonist said:
Yes, not having the replacement upgrades is perfectly fine.
A power first or a power sword is fine, as well.

Unnatural characteristics, IIRC, mean that you get a double the bonus of a stat. For example, with normal toughness, you get 1 Toughness Bonus for every 10 points of toughness. With unnatural toughness, you get 2 Toughness Bonus points for every 10 points of toughness.
Thanks. Is something like a Tau Drone a reasonable replacement for the servo-skull, or should I just call the servo-skull something else and use those stats?

Eplov said:
Thanks. Is something like a Tau Drone a reasonable replacement for the servo-skull, or should I just call the servo-skull something else and use those stats?
A Tau Drone's a bit more powerful than a Servo-Skull. But on the other hand, I am giving Apollo one, so perhaps it's only fair to let you have one, too?

However, it can't be equipped with Tau weaponry-at least not at the start, so you'd have to replace that with some "normal" weaponry.

Protagonist said:
A Tau Drone's a bit more powerful than a Servo-Skull. But on the other hand, I am giving Apollo one, so perhaps it's only fair to let you have one, too?
However, it can't be equipped with Tau weaponry-at least not at the start, so you'd have to replace that with some "normal" weaponry.
That seems fair. Twin-linked Lasgun in place of twin-linked pulse carbine seems good to me. I'm a little unclear on how I tell it what to do. Can we just assume it's voice operated and go from there?

Eplov said:
That seems fair. Twin-linked Lasgun in place of twin-linked pulse carbine seems good to me. I'm a little unclear on how I tell it what to do. Can we just assume it's voice operated and go from there?
Voice commands will probably work to some degree. In order to keep the thing following you, you need to have a drone controller and every time you want it to follow you you need to roll a routine tech use check (if you fail, you have to wait a turn to try again).

Just noticed that since I picked Frontier World as a home world I have wrangling as a trained skill. Maybe it should be a cyber wolf or something?

Eplov said:
Just noticed that since I picked Frontier World as a home world I have wrangling as a trained skill. Maybe it should be a cyber wolf or something?
That sounds awesome. In fact, I think there's such a thing in the 40K verse. Yeah, there's Cyber Mastiffs. I'm not sure what their stats would be, yet, though, so I'll look into that.

Protagonist said:
That sounds awesome. In fact, I think there's such a thing in the 40K verse. Yeah, there's Cyber Mastiffs. I'm not sure what their stats would be, yet, though, so I'll look into that.
Please do. :)

Eplov said:
Please do. :)
I just did some research: In Dark Heresy, there's actually a supplement which provides an entire alternate career path to using a Cyber Mastiff that can probably be ported to Rogue Trader. Better yet, it's associated with Techpriests.

4shared.com - free file sharing and storage - Document Preview - text

On page 48 there's a the Cyber Mastiff Handler, and on 73 or so is Mastiffs themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Protagonist said:
I just did some research: In Dark Heresy, there's actually a supplement which provides an entire alternate career path to using a Cyber Mastiff that can probably be ported to Rogue Trader. Better yet, it's associated with Techpriests.
4shared.com - free file sharing and storage - Document Preview - text

On page 48 there's a the Cyber Mastiff Handler, and on 73 or so is Mastiffs themselves.
I'm having issues opening that file for some reason, but there is another Alternate career rank in Faith and Coin called the Beastmaster (page 68). I'm guessing yours is more appropriate though.

Eplov said:
I'm having issues opening that file for some reason, but there is another Alternate career rank in Faith and Coin called the Beastmaster (page 68). I'm guessing yours is more appropriate though.
Well, I'm actually having some trouble, too. So, maybe you should use that? I haven't read it, yet, though.

Character's up. Feel free to modify Snuffles, I based him off of the predator template in the Koronus Bestiary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back