• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Warhammer 40k: Senatorum Imperialis

Crocodile

Mister Zero
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
I've decided to try something a little different for a Warhammer 40k RPG setting. I wanted to see if there would be player interest to assume the roles of the High Lords of Terra. Basically you would all be assuming your positions after the a rather shocking assassination plot by a group of hardline fanatics who were manipulated by the Dark Powers.

The new High Lords will have to deal with the emergence of the 13th Black Crusade of Abaddon along with various other galaxy spanning problems. Its very much politics on the macro scale aside from political intrigue and trying to survive your subordinates possibly trying to pry your position from the hands of your corpse.

Look at it as a Game of Thrones only with 40k and trying to save a crumbling Imperium from itself and its enemies. You'll be confronted with the most dreaded of ideas in the Imperium, reform and innovation. Note that this isn't a happy subject and will risk revolt, civil war and who knows what else. Many entrenched interests but your characters will be faced with trying to save a failing government from itself or be the cause.

I'm making the new High Lords have 13 seats to prevent a deadlock vote. This was forced through by the Inquisititorial Representative whose expressed concerns of no choice being made at all over one or another.

So... whose crazy enough to try this with me?

High Lords of Terra

Playable Positions:

-Master of the Administraum

-Ecclesiarch

-Fabricator General of Mars

-Grand Provost Marchal of the Adeptus Arbites

-Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica

-Lord Commander Militant of the Imperial Guard

-Lord High Admiral of the Imperial Navy (Segmentum Solar)

-Speaker of the Chartist Captains

NPCs

-Inquisitorial Representative

-Paternoval Envoy of the Navigator Houses

-Master of the Astronomicon

-Grand Master of the Officio Assassinorum

-Chancellor of the Estate Imperium

Last edited by a moderator:
I am definitely interested, but will not be able to make a character for a few weeks. Im rather open to any position, but am probably leaning slghtly towards admiral of the navy.

I'd want in as Lord Commander or Master of the Adeptus Telepathica. Or Ecclesiarch.

Esbilon said:
I am definitely interested, but will not be able to make a character for a few weeks. Im rather open to any position, but am probably leaning slghtly towards admiral of the navy.
No worries, this will be ongoing and I have no intention to rush it. My plan is to pull a rotating cast situation. Even if we start before you can step in, you'll be able to hop in after the current holder of your position suffers an untimely death. The Imperium has a bad habit of being government by assassination at the upper echelons of power but this works perfectly for adding new players and liquidating clear inactives to help the game keep flowing.

So by all means, give thought to what positions interest you and we can work all that out.

Grey said:
I'd want in as Lord Commander or Master of the Adeptus Telepathica. Or Ecclesiarch.
Interesting choices, I'll be curious to see what you would do with any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grand Provost Marshal.

Sylvester-Stallone_Judge_l.jpg

So, tentative interest thus far:

Esbilon - Leaning to Imperial High Admiral

Grey - Interested in Lord Commander Militant, Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica or Ecclesiarch

Rowgen - Grand Provost Marshal

Thief of Words - Fabricator General

Hopefully we can find a few more to join in on the madness for this idea.

CrawlingChaos74 said:
I'd be interested in the Ecclesiarch.
Well, your more than welcome to give it a shot. I was hoping to find three more to fill all playable slots but I'm willing to start discussing the game now for those parties interested since I seem to have five possible players. The other positions can be NPCs for now and be replaced when more players show interest.

I'd say wait five days. Trust me, most player interest crops around day 3.

Looks awesome- I'd happily take Lord Commander Militant or the Master of the Adeptus- I don't really mind either way, although at this moment am leaning towards Lord Commander. Gotta love the puny guardsmen!

Grey - Interested in Lord Commander Militant, Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica or Ecclesiarch

Crawling Chaos74 -Ecclesiarch

Hellkite - Lord Commander Militant or Master(Telepathica or Administratum?)

Indeed, I want to give more time just hopefully so we can discuss whose interested in which positions most and try to see what comes of it. Either way, above is the current updated interested list.

This is an awesome idea for a campaign.

I'll take any one of:

-Master of the Administratum

-Lord High Admiral of the Imperial Navy (Segmentum Solar)

-Speaker of the Chartist Captains

Hellkite - Lord Commander Militant or Master(Telepathica or Administratum?)

Random Word - Master of the Administratum, Lord High Admiral, Speaker of the Chartist Captains

Awesome, hopefully we can nab another but you guys interested in various roles should probably decide how to handle that even if we aren't full yet. I am very happy to see such interest in the concept though. Hopefully I can provide the group with plenty to do.

@Grey

It looks like CrawlingChaos is looking towards Ecclesiarch and Hellkite seems to desire the Lord Commander Militant. Do you want the Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica spot even if its more process of elimination if you concede the Militant role?

Grey said:
Aye, that's fine with me.
Excellent, thank you. Now to hammer out the others.

Grey - Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica

Hellkite - Lord Commander Militant

Random Word - Master of the Administratum, Lord High Admiral, Speaker of the Chartist Captains

@Esbilon @Random Word

Esbilon, will you be wanting the Navy seat?

Random Word, if that Admiral is taken which of those two seat would you want? Master of Admin or Speaker?

I'll file form F stroke 4811 stroke 2959 stroke 8370 stroke 8204 stroke 8697 stroke G stroke Indigo, 'Requisition to convene a plenary committee to appoint a courier to deliver form Z-2949-7513-9106-5249-0397-J-Magenta, 'Requisition for Grade Vermillion vertical inter-departmental career transition - Terra - Previous Occupant Deceased' ', in triplicate, subsequent to filing form D-4509-5080-5789-8545-4453-D-Magenta, 'Requisition to change existential status of a High official - Remains not identifiable', along with its adjunct GJ-475-Magenta, 'Remains sequestered by Ordo Hereticus'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back