• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Arabella Cauwell

Harry Potter and Asian Drama Ambassador
Title: War of the Houses
Fandoms:
BTS, SHINee, Kpop, Harry Potter
Main Pairings: Multiple MXM
Place: Hogwarts- SHINee, BTS, and various other kpop groups attend Hogwarts instead of who is normally about.
Summary: House competitions are nothing new to the house of the lion and the snake, but after a particularly heated argument between Kim Kibum and Choi Minho the competitions become literal. Now Slytherin and Gryffindor are involved in the biggest House battle that Hogwarts has ever seen. Will competitions between main group members of the houses get more or less heated when everyone is around each other more and more? And will poor Taehyung and helpers be able to make sure that everyone eventually just gets along or will there be a House winner after all?

-

It is no secret that Slytherins and Gryffindors usually don’t get along. Whether it was because of their founders issues or the particular criteria for each is too close or too opposing to the other, anyone who knew of Hogwarts at all knew that Gryffindors and Slytherins had always been like water and vinegar. Whatever the case this fighting was as old as the names of the houses themselves and no less strained than it had ever been, especially with Choi Minho and Kim Kibum as Seventh years.

Minho and Key had fought like cats and mice since first year, but somehow Seventh year had escaladed, as if the two of them felt that it was their last chance to prove their house was best. Their friends had noticed it, but had mostly tried to stay out of it, but there was something about the bitter house rivalry that drew the others in, sometimes even despite themselves. None may have been quite as heated as the two instigators for what would forever be known as the first great House War of Hogwarts thereafter, but when their house members stood defending them it was hard to not back them up, especially when the other side is so insulting.

The eruption that would lead to such a war happened, of all places in the great hall, where one would assume they would not have had much interaction. But unfortunately for the majority of their friends the two had been heading to exit at the same time and had actually bumped into each other due to both not looking where they were going. Minho had been in a rush at the time, not wanting to waste time chatting when he could be getting in extra training in quidditch, and Key had been looking into a mirror while moving forward practicing the nuances of different smirks. Those had combined causing the two to collide, quite literally.

Key was of course the first to address the situation, annoyed at having to deal with his arch nemesis so early in the morning,

“Watch where you are going you dunderheaded Gryffindor,” Key began, before looking down his nose at Minho and adding, “oh my and I do hate to use such redundant words.”

Minho glared at Key running his hands over his body as if a ghost had walked through him,

“That’s odd, I could have swore that I saw you looking into a mirror before. I’m pretty sure you have to have a soul to see yourself in one, but you’re a Slytherin so that can’t be right.” Minho said tilting his head to the side in mock confusion.

Key rolled his eyes,

“How droll, I suppose the wit of a Neanderthal is all I can expect from your house. Such a shame that a fine institution like Hogwarts had to create a house to collect all of the idiots and riffraff who ended up here. But I suppose someone has to get jobs in menial labor in the future, so keeping you all to one house is rather kind for us future employers.”

Minho snorted, although his eyes were beginning to get fiery at Key’s words,

“I think you’re probably confused due to inbreeding, you see my house is known for generating the most Auror’s. What was yours known for again?” Minho paused as if actually contemplating before continuing, “Oh yes that reminds me, they are looking for seventh years to start up new clubs, since you and your house love being so exclusive I was thinking Future Death Eaters of the Wizarding World would be right in your wheel house. Don’t worry you wouldn’t have to do any actual real work, you could just do what you usually do, whine and plot to take over the world while sitting on your lazy butts and begging your parents for a handout!”

Key couldn’t help but drop the smirk at that, eyes glaring back coldly against Minho’s now smug fire,

“I’m surprised you were able to piece together enough brain cells together to come up with that all by yourself.”

“I’m surprised you haven’t fainted from all the effort it must be taking you in order to stand up for this whole conversation.”

“Are you implying that Slytherins are somehow weak?”

“Actually I’m just stating a fact about your house, are you trying to say that Gryffindors aren’t intelligent?”

“Wow I really must thank whatever Ravenclaw is tutoring you to pass your subjects, he’s working wonders with you. I do wonder how you pay him for his efforts though-”

Insults flung back and forth between the two like that until they were both so heated that at the same time, as if possessed they snapped,

“That’s it this is War!”

“You verses me!” Minho challenged.

“No Slytherins verses Gryffindors.” Key hissed.

“Scared to face me yourself.”

“Not at all you Toerag, I just want you to understand that its not just you I can beat, but all Slytherins are better than Gryffindors.”

“Bold words for a Daddy’s boy. Let’s keep it at your Slytherin friends verses my Gryffindor friends, although I know you have less of them than me so feel free to borrow from another house if you must.” Minho offered looking hauty.

“Fine, but you must be as dumb as you look if you think I’ll allow you to come up with the events. Not all of them can be about flying around, chasing balls on broomsticks.” Key mocked.

“We’ll both make lists and choose our champions for each competition, assuming that anyone is actually willing work with you, then we’ll meet or have a liason meet in order to agree or disagree to the competitions.”

“Shall we make a number limit to how many competitions can be written?”

“I don’t think that will be necessary, we’ll just make sure they are even in the end.”

“Fine then.” Key said whirling around, heading to his houses table, changing his plan of leaving at that.

“Fine!” Minho said making a beeline for his own house table, thankfully on the exact opposite end of the room.

~

The entire Great Hall had likely heard everything that Minho and Key had been saying. Teenagers were nosy by nature and neither Key nor Minho were particularly quiet. Of course when the two parties wrapped up their yelling match Minho had reached the Gryffindor table first and Seokjin immediately began to eat faster, sensing a threat to his lunchtime as Minho began to talk to their little group,

“Gryffindors our honor has been questioned. The Slytherins think of us as dumb jocks with no brain cells in our heads and I for one am sick and tired of it. I promised our Hyungs before they left that I would help to keep the chivalry and bravery that make Gryffindor great. For too long Slytherins have looked down their noses at us like we are their garbage, but not anymore. My friends we must stand together and fight a War of the Houses. May our names be written in Hogwarts a History as the victors. Who will stand with me against the tyranny of the House of the villains?!” he questioned, passioned as usual.

Jungkook for his part thought it was all very exciting. So while Seokjin was busy pretending he didn’t see or hear Minho as he wolfed down his food, Jungkook began to shake his Hyung’s arm,

“Hyuuuung we have to enter that competition!” Jungkook whined, excited at the thought of it, “for fun, for Minho-hyung, and for Gryffindor!”

Honestly, Seokjin just wanted to enter his chopsticks into his mouth. He had no problem with Minho, but he also didn’t currently have an issue with Slytherins in general. He thought the wars between the houses were pretty stupid and silly, and he really didn’t understand why he had to get involved in the middle of what should have been a fight between Minho and Key in the middle of one of the most important meals of the day. It was honestly just childish,

“I’m not interested. Minho-hyung I have an idea. I’ve been noticing that you and Key have a lot of tension,” he breathed in between bites trying to relax the atmosphere, “so you should just make out and leave the rest of us out of it.” He finished confusing the rest of the table and causing Jungkook, who had just began drinking a cup of Butterbeer to spit part of it out and cough.

Seokjin frowned as he patted the boy’s back,

“Aish watch it you’re going to hurt your throat.” He snapped at the younger.

Minho ignored Seokjin’s statement, he saw the competitive nature in Jungkook’s eyes and knew that between the two of them they could convince Seokjin, and that boy would make a great distraction and had incredible luck from what he could remember. But he needed more recruits so he turned to Namjoon a ways down at the table,

“Slytherins are always saying that Gryffindors are dumb so they are definitely going to think of some very brainy competitions. We are going to need your smarts if you’re up for it Namjoon. What do you say?”

Not being a patient person he also pointed at Onew,

“Onew-hyung I know that you really want to be involved in the fight-” he began although he didn’t really know if Onew would be willing to do so, but he knew how to entice him if there was a chance at all, “because for whatever competitions you win I’ll buy you chicken!”

Jungkook frowned, having just recovered from choking,

“Why are so many of you motivated by food?” the boy questioned even as he continued to eat from his own practically overflowing plate.

“Because we are Gryffindors.” Seokjin teased biting into his own.

“Exactly we are Gryffindors! So we must make a list of things we are good at and decide who will go against whom in this major battle.”

Seokjin frowned,

“Why does he make it sound like we are going to war?” Seokjin questioned.

“To the Gryffindor Tower for war strategy and planning!” Minho said turning around and heading to the Gryffindor tower.

Seokjin smiled. Now that Minho was gone he could focus his attention on his meal, or so he thought, but just as soon as he had gotten another mouthful of rice, he was unceremoniously thrown over Jungkook’s shoulder,

“Ya Jungkook what the hell are you doing I’m not done with breakfast!”

“You heard Minho-hyung we have to go plan our strategies to show the Slytherins that we are not a house to be made fun of. Where is your house pride?”

“On the plate with my eggs.” Seokjin snapped.

Jungkook patted his hyungs butt before making a beeline to the door. Seokjin waved his arms towards where his food once was,

“Someone please come with me and these nutcases and don’t forget the food!” he cried as Jungkook carried him out of the hall and up the stairs, not too far behind Minho for all his struggles.

Seokjin sincerely hoped that one of these competitions was an eating contest, because if they kept dragging him away for talks during meals he was going to end the war himself.

--

Like Seokjin, Yoongi also spotted the problem before he slid back to the Slytherin table. Not being a fan of mornings he had every intention of walking away before he became involved in this problem, but not being a fast mover and being mostly asleep had not done him any favors. In fact, though he swore he had moved at some point he wasn’t quite sure how the table and his head met, becoming friends enough that they did not want to be separated. Well, he thought it wasn’t too much of a problem because his eyelids also wanted to be one so it was just better for all of him to let his body have its way.

Unfortunately this meant that he was still at the table when Key rudely shook him causing him to contemplate how he could get away with the murder of his Hyung.

“Obviously you’re not idiots so I’m sure you’ve heard what is expected of you by now,” Key said, not bothering to look at the people he was talking to as he had once again took out his mirror upon sitting, and began to fix his hair a bit, “so begin to think of what kind of competitions we could use to crush the Gryffindors and let’s not stay in here too long, they are so loud even across the room that I feel a headache coming on.”

That made at least two of them.

“Awe but why do we have to compete with the Gryffindors?” Jimin didn’t understand the Gryffindor verses Slytherin rivalry. He enjoyed making friends from all houses and didn’t care which one got along with the others. He also was a notorious flirt so that may have had something to do with it.

“This sounds so stupid, why on earth do you think I would join?” Yoongi said his forehead pressed against the table so he was practically speaking under it.

“Because the honor of our house is at stake. And because I will bug you and wake you up every time your eyes even try to close if you don’t.”

“Vindictive witch.” Yoongi hissed tired even thinking about it.

“So now that that’s settled, Jimin-dear you have to join. You are already a house traitor for your…eclectic tastes in friendship, you really don’t want to get on the badside of your own house do you?”

“No, but-”

“Then that’s settled, besides I need to use you as bate so we can get Hoseok on our side.”

“Hoseok?” Yoongi questioned still not bothering to sit up, “isn’t he a Ravenclaw?”

“Yes the closest house to Slytherin, so we are practically in an alliance anyway but yeah, I’m sure he’ll join if I use one of the distractions.” Key insisted snapping his compact closed and looking around the table,

“Speaking of distractions, Taemin I’m also going to need you. What do you say, want to mess with those annoying Gryffindors with me?”

Key considered himself the mother of Slytherin and Taemin was absolutely his favorite child so he asked kinder than he did for the others.

“What do you mean distractions?” Jimin asked confused, looking over at Taemin as if there might be a clue in the other boy.

“I mean with you two beauties Hoseok won’t be able to resist and Gryffindor will get distracted, especially when you utilize some of your hobbies.” Key said, smirking self-satisfactory.

“Creepy Hyung, but what makes you think Hoseok would join us just because I talk to him?” Jimin questioned.

“Why don’t you try it out and see for yourself?” Key questioned.

Jimin rolled his eyes, but he was a bit curious so he got up, and walked over to the table next to theirs plopping across from Hoseok with a smile,

“Hey Hoseok, do you want to join this really stupid, but kind of fun sounding competition between Slytherin and Gryffindor with my team? Key wants to know and said that you’d do it if I asked. I don’t really know why.”

Back at the Slytherin table Yoongi had finally managed to lift his head so that it was at least mostly on the upper part of the table, pressed against it, but at least he was more comfortable there,

“Why the hell are you sending Jimin over to Hoseok?”

“If Hoseok wins enough competitions for us I will literally hand Jimin over to him as a prize, or you whichever he’s into more,” Key said quite nonchalantly but he did smile reassuringly to Taemin, “but don’t worry Taemin I won’t let him have you.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes at Key’s statement as Jimin waited for an answer. People began filing out of the Great Hall, but the interested Slytherins and a few stragglers from other tables were left.

“So while we wait to see if Jimin does it for Hoseok or if I have to throw a tired Suga over there let’s discuss games. Which ones do you think we could effectively crush Gryffindor at?” he asked the group cheerfully.

And that was the moment that Yoongi realized that he was getting as much sleep as Seokjin was likely getting food right about then. He regretting going to breakfast when he could have just slept in, but hindsight was 20/20 and maybe if he got involved then Key would leave him to sleep tomorrow. Time would tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back