• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

War for the Underdark (D&D 5e)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Torfhras cocks his head as the sound of laughter rise in the air from the group of hobgoblins approaching. He takes an arrow from his pack in one hand and his bow with the other, not nocking it yet. His voice is a quiet whisper as he glances at his companions, which he had left to their conversations and planning - he really didn't mind which course of action they decided upon, as long as they had a chance to kill a couple of hobgoblins whilst saving the prisoners. Their course seems to be made up, as the patrol is sure to notice them, and the dragonborn doesn't think that they could take them out quietly. "I don't think there is a way to eliminate them without alerting the entire camp. If someone has a plan to quietly deal with the patrol, I'm all ears, but I think we should prepare ourselves for a fight."

Vaeryn panicked a little when she saw the hobgoblins start a patrol in their direction. They spent so much time trying to figure out how they wanted to deal with the problem, now they had to make a decision. She quickly looked from the approaching hobgoblins to the dragonborn and the rest of the party, waiting to make a move. She could feel a wave of adrenaline wash through her, accompanied by unease. She was a little scared that their big adventure would end so quickly brutally at this hobgoblin camp. She finally turned to the dragonborn when he spoke his mind. "Maybe if we ambushed them? I could.. I could be bait for their patrol and maybe everyone could sneak attack em? I mean, the camp is pretty loud. Maybe they won't notice their patrol being attacked?" She started toward the pass and fished her flute out of her pack and managed a playful grin to hide her hesitation. "Maybe they'll like my music?" If no one had another idea, she was going to head a little further down the path till she was a just out of sight of the patrol and start playing a song.

Vaeryn's ideas is completely crazy, thought Torfhras, but it might just work. "It might work. Or, you could introduce yourself as a storyteller. That's what you came for, right, the chance to learn more tales?" he asked. The hobgoblins, in their frenzied gorging and demon summoning, might be persuaded to listen to a couple of tales, as long as they were entertaining. "If the patrol takes you back to camp, you could try to distract everyone with your playing and story telling. The rest of us can try to sneak through and release the prisoners."

So, is the plan then for Vaeryn to create some kind of distraction through playing her flute? Or to approach them in some way so as to seem unthreatening and tell them a story?

Vaeryn turned back just as she was about to set off when the dragonborn proposed another idea. Of course it relied heavily on her ability and would put her in the middle of a demonic hobgoblin camp. That was one of the last things she wanted to do, but she still felt as though the rest of the party felt she was a little annoying and useless. She took a deep breath and hid her fear and reluctance with a bubbly smile. "I guess your right! I'm sure this can't go wrong!" She desperately tried to convince herself. She gave everyone a weak wave as she started down the pass. "Wish me luck!" She seemed like she had no idea the gravity of the situation, but that was just a defense not to think about it.

Vaeryn stood out among the dull colors of the rocky pass as she wandered closer to the hobgoblins. Before she knew where they were she took another deep breath to calm down and started playing her flute. A nice melodic calming tune as she continued walking. It helped drown out the chanting and screams coming from the camp. Finally as she would come upon the hobgoblins she would finish her last couple notes before waving with a care-free smile. "Oh hello! How are you? I'm story-teller, nice to meet you!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back