TV & Film Walking Dead discussions

JujuBee

Pettiest Bitch Out There

This is for all the Walking Dead fans- whether you're in Season 1 or up to the new episodes. Place for us to talk with one another. Shipping, rage, crying, whatever we need to to because heaven knows we've gotta do it.

This episode was intense, just everything in general. Out of the entire series, this is the one that made feel I need to take a break from it.

I'm a bit out of date, just to inform you

Which episode?

Season Premiere. 

This episode was intense, just everything in general. Out of the entire series, this is the one that made feel I need to take a break from it.

I was very torn during this episode. It was so hard to watch, especially since I wasn't with my usual Walking dead partner. 

My mom even texted me saying she isn't sure she wants to continue watching it lol.

Oh, I gotta get to S7 premiere. I'm gonna see if it unleashes my feels.

Nothing has done that so far.

Season Premiere. 

I was very torn during this episode. It was so hard to watch, especially since I wasn't with my usual Walking dead partner. 

My mom even texted me saying she isn't sure she wants to continue watching it lol.

Yeah, I can understand completely. There's a complete turning point I feel now. I will say I'm not one hundred percent on Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan. All I can see is John Winchester.

Yeah, I can understand completely. There's a complete turning point I feel now. I will say I'm not one hundred percent on Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan. All I can see is John Winchester.

Oh, was he on Supernatural? I never got past the halfway point of season 3 and if he was there before then I don't really remember.

I think he's pretty good playing Negan. I also love this new villain here too. He's not the Governor at all and I think that's what I love the most. The Governor just had problems but Negan seems to be on another level. He seems so much more powerful than The Governor and Terminus together. Like I would love to know how in the world he got so many people to follow him like that.

Oh, was he on Supernatural? I never got past the halfway point of season 3 and if he was there before then I don't really remember.

I think he's pretty good playing Negan. I also love this new villain here too. He's not the Governor at all and I think that's what I love the most. The Governor just had problems but Negan seems to be on another level. He seems so much more powerful than The Governor and Terminus together. Like I would love to know how in the world he got so many people to follow him like that.

He was there during season 1 and 2 though I only caught a bit of season 2.

Negan would eat the Governor for breakfast lol. You are right. This makes me want to check out the comics but they are darker I heard.

The season 7 premiere. *dies a little inside*

Yes...):

It was funny because it was the first thing my dad mentioned to me this morning. He's like ' Theses main characters died! ' and I'm like 'ok...'  a and then he's like ' But their faces where bashed in...!' and I'm like  ' Look, I have not had my coffee yet and what do you expect from a zombie horror based TV show that I really don't like...?' Then he's like ' ..... ok.....' So that was my morning so far, how was yours? 

I dropped Walking Dead during the first few episodes of season for because it suddenly got very stupid.   I could ignore the fact that the first season stole a lot of ideas from other books and movies, and I've read the graphic novel, I know how it goes, and all, so it wasn't that, it was just little things that didn't make sense, weren't good writing.

If you're going to have fantastical things happen in a modern, real-world setting, you have to make that modern, real-world setting be as realistic as possible in order to make things believable, if that makes sense.  And things just started to fall apart on that front, including the whole regular human twisting a knife in the top of someone's skull thing. 

Just.

No.

Makes no sense.

Not to mention a certain "badass" character who's walking around glaring at the people THEY KNOW to be outright killers, without thinking "Oh, gee, this just MIGHT get me in trouble, and subterfuge amongst  a giant group of people would actually be smarter/badasseder"... bad..ass...er... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dropped Walking Dead during the first few episodes of season for because it suddenly got very stupid.   I could ignore the fact that the first season stole a lot of ideas from other books and movies, and I've read the graphic novel, I know how it goes, and all, so it wasn't that, it was just little things that didn't make sense, weren't good writing.

If you're going to have fantastical things happen in a modern, real-world setting, you have to make that modern, real-world setting be as realistic as possible in order to make things believable, if that makes sense.  And things just started to fall apart on that front, including the whole regular human twisting a knife in the top of someone's skull thing. 

Just.

No.

Makes no sense.

Not to mention a certain "badass" character who's walking around glaring at the people THEY KNOW to be outright killers, without thinking "Oh, gee, this just MIGHT get me in trouble, and subterfuge amongst  a giant group of people would actually be smarter/badasseder"... bad..ass...er... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

That's also the point of it being television lol. Not everything is going to be realistic. But I need you to clarify- can you explain the knife in the head? Who did this??

It was funny because it was the first thing my dad mentioned to me this morning. He's like ' Theses main characters died! ' and I'm like 'ok...'  a and then he's like ' But their faces where bashed in...!' and I'm like  ' Look, I have not had my coffee yet and what do you expect from a zombie horror based TV show that I really don't like...?' Then he's like ' ..... ok.....' So that was my morning so far, how was yours? 

My morning was wonderful

That's also the point of it being television lol. Not everything is going to be realistic. But I need you to clarify- can you explain the knife in the head? Who did this??

So, being on TV gives any show the license to be crappily written?  Why cancel shows at all, then?

I think not, especially if the show previously has been pretty damned amazing.

It was a... for lack of better word... NPC. 

So, being on TV gives any show the license to be crappily written?  Why cancel shows at all, then?

I think not, especially if the show previously has been pretty damned amazing.

It was a... for lack of better word... NPC. 

I'm not talking about your comment of it being 'poorly written'. I'm talking about how you said it was unrealistic. 

But the person who did the knife in the head was an NPC...? 

I'm not talking about your comment of it being 'poorly written'. I'm talking about how you said it was unrealistic. 

But the person who did the knife in the head was an NPC...? 

No, I said there were parts that were unrealistic. Not the show itself. A show set in a modern, realistic world needs anchors of reality to make the unreal acceptable. If that makes sense. 

And yes, it was one of the minor characters. Also little things bugged me like the prisoners in the poker area coming out very, very well manicured. Sure, they had beards, but they were suspiciously well-kept and trimmed around. 

And the list went on. Many things I can't remember now because it's been what, three or four years?

if it hadn't been thing after this after thing, it would have been fine for me. I won't drop a show because of one or two examples. But when it becomes six or seven in a season when he previous ones paid better attention to detail, I'm not going to follow it anymore. 

Does that mean I'm saying you shouldn't like it? No. I simply have a different opinion, and for me, blips like that DO constitute bad writing. 

No, I said there were parts that were unrealistic. Not the show itself. A show set in a modern, realistic world needs anchors of reality to make the unreal acceptable. If that makes sense. 

And yes, it was one of the minor characters. Also little things bugged me like the prisoners in the poker area coming out very, very well manicured. Sure, they had beards, but they were suspiciously well-kept and trimmed around. 

And the list went on. Many things I can't remember now because it's been what, three or four years?

if it hadn't been thing after this after thing, it would have been fine for me. I won't drop a show because of one or two examples. But when it becomes six or seven in a season when he previous ones paid better attention to detail, I'm not going to follow it anymore. 

Does that mean I'm saying you shouldn't like it? No. I simply have a different opinion, and for me, blips like that DO constitute bad writing. 

You're getting a bit feisty there. I'm not trying to argue with you. Just wanted a discussion.

You're getting a bit feisty there. I'm not trying to argue with you. Just wanted a discussion.

Adamant, maybe?  

But not... Angry, y'dig. Can't convey tone across a post as I'd be able to in real conversation, so if I came across as a manically rabid curmudgeon, I apologize and don't deny it as a possibility. :)  

so, yes sorry if I sounded like an ass. 

A am am terribly used to fans of genres getting furious with me for voicing an opinon other than their own, so... Pre-incident defensiveness, perhaps?

Adamant, maybe?  

But not... Angry, y'dig. Can't convey tone across a post as I'd be able to in real conversation, so if I came across as a manically rabid curmudgeon, I apologize and don't deny it as a possibility. :)  

so, yes sorry if I sounded like an ass. 

A am am terribly used to fans of genres getting furious with me for voicing an opinon other than their own, so... Pre-incident defensiveness, perhaps?

Understandable. Everyone has their own opinion but when your opinion goes against something that has multiple fans you're suddenly the person that they're ready to sacrifice just to see you suffer lol. I do my best not to be that way. There's nothing worse than a person who refuses to see a topic in any other light than the one they are looking at.

Understandable. Everyone has their own opinion but when your opinion goes against something that has multiple fans you're suddenly the person that they're ready to sacrifice just to see you suffer lol. I do my best not to be that way. There's nothing worse than a person who refuses to see a topic in any other light than the one they are looking at.

Yeah, you are being reasonable. I'll go hang my head in the naughty corner right now.  :x   Stick my nose in the chalk circle on the board. Heheh. And hope I haven't ruffled your feathers forever. Honest, by the way, no sarcasm.

Yeah, you are being reasonable. I'll go hang my head in the naughty corner right now.  :x   Stick my nose in the chalk circle on the board. Heheh. And hope I haven't ruffled your feathers forever. Honest, by the way, no sarcasm.

Don't even!! You didn't do anything bad. You haven't, I just sensed a bit hostility and wanted to diffuse it as quickly as I could. If this was about a year or so ago I probably would have tried to do a whole Negan/Governor attitude on you but now I'd rather be that chilled person lol.

I'm placing this inside a spoiler for anyone who isn't caught up yet.

If you do not want a ton of stuff spoiled for you, do not ever read anything I post here.... I'm up to date on events of the show as well as the comics to a decent extent, so I not only know what has happened, but I can tell you what's about to happen with some certainty (as much as you can have with this show :P  ).

I had called Glenn from the beginning, Abe was a bit of a surprise because if you understood Negan, and or this moment, Abe would have been a bad choice. So when he got it first I was panicking inside, admittedly, lol. That's not to try to take anything away from Abe, it's just this moment. IF just Abraham had gotten Lucille, as a fan I would have been upset. They had to have Glenn in there, or at least a character from very early on. At least seasons 1-2, Michonne being the outside exception, because it's Michonne :) . We've gone through a lot with her too.

This was about psychological manipulation and profound head games. If you haven't got Negan under your thumb yet, that's all you need to know. And it's not just about the show, the characters, it's about you and me as well. That was about ruining your night, tearing a giant hole in TWD universe, and our hearts.

It was intense, it didn't even really hit me (because of the moment at hand) until Maggie got up and started freaking out. At about that time I felt it. Although I gotta say, this didn't impact me like other moments (Rick finds out Lori is dead, Carol kills Lizzie). It was still huge, but I didn't cry, only a tear or two. I think it's because I prepared for it (losing Glenn) all summer long.

The following contains predictions, some derived from the events of the comic book (so they may hold more weight in terms of possibility).

Now I have some predictions I gotta get off my chest. I've been good at this so far, including predicting that Abe wouldn't get his original death (arrow through the face from Dwight while walking along a train track. Denise got this death instead). However, I had assumed they would keep Abe and actually develop him, lol.  ^_^

So we know Daryl has been taken away. Negan is building an army here, folks. It's not built on trust, love, family, or friendship. NO, it's built on fear, control, and necessity. People are a rare resource now. You don't kill a man like Daryl when you're building a paramilitary post-apoc society... You at least try to convert him first. The man is an asset. There's tons of buzz going around this, and all the potential it boasts. Me? I have my own little theory of how this could play out, and it has multiple dimensions. It didn't even click for me until I recalled a certain event from the comic series.

I can't say for sure, but my gut tells me this is very likely to happen in the show.

When Negan makes his first trip to Alexandria to "collect", Carl stows away in one of the trucks. When they arrive at the Savior location (probably not Sanctuary), he gets his hands on an MG, and starts unloading, killing a good amount of Savior scum. This impresses Negan, despite his loses, and he attempts to take Carl under his wing...

Now we'd have both Carl, and Daryl in the possession of Saviors. What better way to force Daryl's hand and get him to cooperate?? :o

I think S7 is going to the best yet, and not in the cheesy, empty way everyone says with little to no actual basis for it, lol. This is shaping up to give characters like Carl and Daryl a role that is far more center stage than ever before. I get told a lot Daryl is always center stage, but as a writer, I disagree from an objective stand point, lol. He's always been Rick's right hand man.

The premiere was pretty gnarly.

They made us wait for the big reveal. Rick and the ax scene had some intense moments. There was that moment where he dangled from the corpse and faced certain death but Negan saved him in the nick of time. Because plot armor I guess. I was worried for about 2 seconds Daryl would die. Glen wasn't a surprise because of the comics. Abraham was already dead in the comics by then too. 

The Carl moment though! That was intense. The acting on Andrew Lincoln's part was pretty great. I'm so glad nothing bad happened to Carl. 

I don't know how I feel about Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan. A lot of people like him in the role, but to me he looked like an actor playing a character on screen and I wasn't immersed in the portrayal.  

The premiere was pretty gnarly.

They made us wait for the big reveal. Rick and the ax scene had some intense moments. There was that moment where he dangled from the corpse and faced certain death but Negan saved him in the nick of time. Because plot armor I guess.

I don't know how I feel about Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan. A lot of people like him in the role, but to me he looked like an actor playing a character on screen and I wasn't immersed in the portrayal.  

He saved him because he wants him alive, to produce supplies for his people, just as Hilltop have been and will continue to. It was all an elaborate headgame to break Rick down, to get him used to the "New World Order" and his place in it. Everything you saw and heard was part of a grand scheme involving psychological manipulation and head games. If he wanted Rick dead, he'd be dead. But then the dynamic would change. Who becomes leader then? Let's start over with them, break them down and go to work on their psyche. Do you want Rick working for you (doing whatever to protect his family), or Abraham? lol

He saved his life... I mean it's further posturing and illustration of the point that he is god now... Control over life and death, having and not having, belongs entirely to Negan. 

No, he wants them all alive to work for him. He even said he didn't want to kill his people, it's just something that had to be done. Abe got wacked because of his courage and defiance. It spelled problems and complications for Negan long-term.

And I love Jeffery Dean Morgan in this role. He is perfect. it's a natural range and talent he executes flawlessly. No one else in mainstream Hollywood has the combination of looks, and attitude to play Negan. I mean put some weight on his upper body, give him a clean shave 9he may shave after the Abraham joke he made last season), and that's literally Negan. My god, it's eerie how good he is. When I heard he was playing Negan I had a fangirl moment for about 2 weeks. From seeing him as Eddie Blake aka The Comedian in Watchmen, I knew he was born to play this role.

Hating Negan may be a natural reaction for a while, but when he's in a cage at Alexandria with his throat slashed (by Rick, who then kept him alive anyway [Morgan payoff? :o  ]) you may get used to him being around. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back