• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Waking Worlds and Curious Faces -- Yogscast RP

Lalna carefully pulled his gaze away from the trees and looked at Nano, he gave a tentative small smile, and opened his mouth to say something before closing it again and turning back to the trees.

The group fell into silence. At least, until Nano looked over at Lalna and saw his gaze elsewhere.

"You okay? Spot anything weird?" She asked, walking over to peer in the same direction.

"Hm?" Lalna tilted his head, keeping his eyes on a spot. "Not sure, but, I feel like there's something out there." He said silently. He slowed down his pace to a stop, "Could just be a rabbit but..." A twig snapped to their left.

Nano paused, looking to the groups left and squinting, trying to get a better look at what was there. All the while she couldn't help but keep her hand at the ready to summon her sword.

Lalna very carefully looked to Rythian to make sure he'd stopped moving and had noticed the situation.

Something was in the bush. It wasn't large, couldn't be no larger than a wolf as it stayed hidden.

Rythian had, in fact, paused. His gaze turned to the bush. He frowned at the shape, while not huge it was far bigger than a rabbit. But he stayed silent, not certain if the group wanted to back out of this or figure out what it was.

Lalna turned back to the bush and squinted. He carefully creeped towards it and tried to peeked over it to get a glimpse. And found himself face to face with, well, nothing. No tracks, no signs of anything being there. He tilted his head, confused. Another twig snapped behind them, in the trees.

Nano whirled around, sword now summoned in hand as she tried to pin point where the noise came from. "What is it?!" She asked, keeping her voice low.

Rythian frowned under his mask, uncertain. "I'm not sure... Lalna did see anything?"

"No, I saw movement but I don't-" He looked up, a rustling sound in the trees sounded once more. "It's not very big whatever it is, but it's quick and doesn't leave a trail." He hissed.

"That's probably not a good sign." Rythian said, taking a step back to peer up the tree, squinting. "That being said, it hasn't attacked us."

"Yet." Nano added.

Lalna looked up into the trees. He was about to say something when something orange and fluffy smashed into his face. He screamed. "OH GOD GET IT OFF WHATEVER IT IS GET IT OFF!!" He babbled, his voice up a few octaves. Whatever it was a larger than a cat, but certainly not as big as a wolf. It had orange fur with a big bushy tail that lashed this way and that as Lalna tried to push it off. It didn't seem to be actually doing anything except gripping onto his hair with it's little animal limbs.

Rythian, upon seeing this, rightfully jumped. But also quickly came to realize it wasn't attacking him. So while Nano was readying and debating swinging her sword around Lalna's head, he walked up and attempted to pluck the creature off of him. "Stay still..." he muttered.

Lalna didn't stay terribly still, but he'd at least stopped flailing. This was enough for Rythian to pluck the creature off his face, which it easily let go of. Looking at it, it was a fox. Just a normal regular fox, though normal foxes did not climb trees it certainly looked plain.

Rythian squinted at it, "And what do you think you're doing?" He asked, looking it over. He wasn't awfully familiar with foxes, let alone most animals besides dogs, but he knew enough from Zoeya that there's proper behavior from a wild animal and improper behavior. This... wasn't normal behavior for a fox.

The fox barred it's teeth, or perhaps it was mimicking a human smile, before it let out a sharp laugh akin to a hyena. It did nothing more, not trying to squirm out of Rythian's grasp, simply hanging there limply and laughing.

He grimaced, not comfortable with the actions what so ever.

"What's a fox doing running around and jumping on people?" Nano asked, looking over to make sure Lalna was okay.

Lalna had taken off his goggles and shaken out his hair before putting them back into place. "I don't know but I hope that it doesn't have fleas."

The fox had stopped laughing by now but it seemed to have the fox equivalent of a smile on it's smug face. It still made no sign to struggle.

"I don't think this is a good sign." Rythian said, looking over at Lalna with a vague look in his eyes.

Nano frowned, "What... a fox? I mean... it's just a fox? A weird and rude one, but still."

"Perhaps, perhaps not. But it isn't acting how it should. Whether that is just the case of illness or raising, even, is a possibility... but there are plenty of things I don't wish to tempt fate with." Rythian muttered, slowly putting the fox down, never letting his eyes leave it as he did so.

"Ohhhkayy, so, that was stupidly poetic!" Nano chimed, looking at Lalna with the kind of face that said ' is he always like this ' ?

Lalna looked at her with a smile and slight nod ' Yeah pretty much '.

The fox didn't bother with being let down slowly, and collapsed into a pile of orange sand. The sand hit the forest floor with a thud before it reformed into the fox, which quickly hopped a ways away before turning back to the three, that smug look still on it's face.

Lalna looked at the 'once a pile of sand' fox, "Uuuh-"

Rythian grimaced, "Like I said, I don't like the way this thing acts."

Nano furrowed her brows and tilted her head, "So... its definitely not a fox. Should we follow it?"

The fox flicked it's tail.

"Well, it could lead us into a pack of more of these... things, and that would probably be bad." He looked at the creature, "Let's follow it."

"Do neither of you think of your actions having repercussions?" Rythian asked, exasperated.

"Nope!" Nano grinned and started off to following the fox where ever it decided to go.

The fox seemed delighted in their choice of following them and gave one of it's teeth barring smiles. It turned around with a flick of it's tail and headed into the thick of the forest.

"Where do you think it'll lead us?" Lalna asked curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back