• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Waking Worlds and Curious Faces -- Yogscast RP

Lalna's smile faltered for a moment. "Right, well, I guess just following what we can for now will work." He glanced back at Nano, smile fully returned, if not looking a little force.

"I'm just saying, Lalna... it's something you have to consider." Rythian muttered, folding his arms behind his back and stretching his back out gently before sighing, "Nano? How are you doing this morning?" he asked louder.

Nano looked at the two with a small frown, not certain what had just gone between the two in the quiet. She took a few quicker steps to meet the two, "I'm... doing alright. Why? You guys feeling okay? Your wounds aren't causing any issues?"

Rythian blatantly ignored that question.

"No reason Nano, I'm sure Rythian just wanted to check in with everyone!" Lalna slowed a little to allow Nano to fall into pace with him and Rythian, hoping that the mage would match the pace. "We're headed east for today, hopefully we'll find what we need before sun fall and not something else like last time." Lalna said a little quieter, "I'm sure we'll find that tree soon."

He drifted off from the statement and took a look around. They were in a little clearing, not far from where they had stayed the night, and they were heading towards a denser covering of trees which would most likely be most of their view for the rest of the walk to their destination.

Rythian, though unyielding in his wish to get this situation over with as soon as possible, relented his pace just a fraction so as to let the two keep up. "If we're lucky we'll find a solid one that hasn't been touched by any others. If not, I'll make due with what can be done."

"Yeah, speaking of, what, exactly are you gonna do when we find one?" Nano asked, frowning as she looked over at Lalna with mild concern.

"They're used to combat taint," Rythian said, gesturing to Nano, "Which is the physical result of flux. The shimmerleaf around the tree are suitable for keeping the flux from spreading while the tree itself is a pure node. Truthfully, that's all it will do... reduce the rate of spread. But, with a little more time and understanding I'm certain we can find a way to unbind the flux from you without destroying your node." He said, rather bluntly actually. In fact... what Rythian was saying was that the Silverwood tree couldn't cure Nano. His plan was unfinished.

"Wait- wait- wait, what? Destroying my... what?" Nano asked, a bit startled and confused by the whole thing.

"Your node. It's the compilation of the vis you're made of. Usually nodes occur in trees and land and such, but they exist in people and animals as well. More deeply with people, each person is made up of a unique combination."

Lalna hummed a vague answer to this, pulling down his thaumcraft goggles to see if there were any magic lines leading in some direction.
"Remember those golden hoops with a filter over them? And how they'd let you study the- vis, was it? of different objects.
And I thiiiink it's kind of like a fingerprint in that regard, what with the unique combination." Lalna mumbled, "Don't quote me on any of that."

Looking at the lines, it seemed there was indeed one running in the direction they were headed, it was pretty strong, but it crossed and linked with a few other smaller ones, branching out like veins.

"No, I- I know how the vis works, I'm just a little more confused and uh... just... Destroying? A node? My node?" Nano asked, looking at Rythian and then Lalna and then back to Rythian, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, we're not looking to try that. I'm not certain what happens to a person who looses their node, but..." Rythian paused, "I don't think I'd like to figure it out. Nothing good, probably. And... yes. Yes, it's like a fingerprint." He muttered, glancing over at Lalna. He was right, in that statement, and it made Rythian pause a bit. Yes, he was aware Lalna knew of some magic, but not how much or how far. He'd always seem far more clingy to science then anything else. Rythian grimaced at that thought. How in any capacity someone could think science was the better path, he'd no idea.

Lalna didn't bother too much with what they were saying, not having much more he wanted to add to the conversation.

Looking at where they were heading, back into forested territory. This might take a while to get to what they needed....
"Sooo... anyone want to play eye spy?" Lalna asked, "You know, or like, some team bonding exercise? I mean we can't just walk in silence for another four hours! Right?"

"I mean we could..." Rythian muttered but Nano ignored him.

"Yeah! I suppose? Guess we've not really had a 'team' before, huh? Unless you count Tiddles." She smirked and shook her head, "But really, we should... talk, I guess. After all, I barely know Rythian, he barely knows me, you guys have like... Issues. So. Team bonding is probably a thing we should do if we're stuck with each other for awhile."

Rythian groaned, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "Well, then, if you're so adamant about it what kind of team bonding exercises? I don't think eye spy exactly counts as one."

"Uuuuhhhhmmm... I don't really know? What do people do for team bonding exercises anyways?" Lalna was already regretting this, but the silence of hours would be worse.

"Uhh... I don't know? I guess we can share fun facts? That's... that's team bonding right?" Nano asked, only gaining further disdain from Rythian. "I can start! I'm very good at witchery! And I have really cool plans for it!" She grinned.

"Yeah thats- something." Lalna smiled at Nano's enthusiasm, "Ah yes, very good at witchery. Like that week you spent trying to get some dust to turn a dandelion into another silly plant."

"Look!!! Magic's weird and hard, okay!? At least it didn't blow up in my face like some of the things you've tried. Might I remind you of our storage system in the old castle?" Nano stuck her tongue out at him.

Rythian shook his head, "Glad to hear you haven't changed in that sense..." He muttered, jokingly, at Lalna, "For a scientist you sure do seem to wreck most of your creations."

"Gods, don't remind me about that thing. Dirt clogged up that fuck every few weeks, and the rotten zombie flesh got into the glowstone somehow." He sighed, "As for things blowing up in my face, that is SIMPLY just trial and error. How could anyone call themselves a scientist without having a few mishaps and malfunctions!." He huffed, "Alright who's going next." He asked, attempting to divert attention.

Nano snickered and Rythian rolled his eyes.

"I suppose since you aren't going yourself then it's my turn." He said, rather resigned. "A fun fact... I... guess for a short while I had a son?" He offered.

(( OOC // Lalna looks at Rythian like: 1594706114015.png {{ "WHomst" ))

Lalna brain stuttered at this statement, he didn't say anything for a solid five seconds before, "You have a son- wait no, you HAD a son??" His expression was that of a very confused polite cat, "I mean- listen, I guess you're, uh, an adult of 'breeding age' and-- what do you mean HAD a son for a Short While??" He was perplexed at this information. I mean shit, it shouldn't be all that perplexing, but Rythian didn't exactly seem the fatherly type, right?

((ooc: I'd like to let you know I spent a good solid few minutes dying of laughter at that image and it is EXACTLY the feeling I wanted to invoke XD))

"First off, please never refer to me as 'of breeding age', ever again unless you want me to choke you," Rythian stated, staring at Lalna, "Second off, I suppose now I can see what Zoeya saw when I reacted to that statement. I guess I did, to be fair, lacked to give the extent of the information. Zoeya approached me at one point and told me that we had a baby. What she didn't initially tell me was that said baby was a very small volcano that she had named Baby Jim. So... a son. For awhile. Though what with the worlds being changed I doubt he's still around."

Nano blinked as she listened to this conversation and just smiled, "Okay, so if we find Zoeya I definitely want to be her friend is what I'm understanding. Cause that's hilarious."

"...I'm not sure how I'd feel with having a volcano son. Did you have to make ritual sacrifices to feed him?" Lalna said jokingly. "Also, how long did she wait to tell you that that baby was a volcano after initially telling you, because if she didn't tell you up front, that is hilarious."

"No, no sacrifices. We're responsible parents," Rythian shook his head, "And yes. Quite hilarious now, but considering it took her a while to tell me he was a volcano, it was terrifying at the time. All I remember is her telling me we had a baby and she left him in the woods. Rightfully, I panicked! So, no, she didn't tell me up front."

Lalna smirked, "Still sounds hilarious I'd say." Lalna fidgeted with his lab coat collar, he was hoping he could stall for some more time before having to go next.

"You try being told that at the end of a rather long day. I assure you, its a lot." He said and just shook his head once more with a sigh. And, much to Lalna's probable dismay, "I do believe that makes it your turn, Lalna."

"Riiiight, a fun fact, uhmmm..." Lalna looks up at a nearby tree, thinking. "I... like.... noodles?" He attempted to offer as a pitiful response, his mind blank on what he could say.

"Really? Lalna, I came up with a better fun fact, and love noodles!" Nano complained, fowning.

Lalna tried thinking about what the hell he could say, "I dunno, I mean, I'm not all that interesting." What was a fun fact about him? He was alone for a chunk of his life, non stop working on experiments and such, and he didn't even want to touch the times before that. What else did he have? Nano knew practically everything about since she showed up since she, you know, lived through it. "I... once made a powered exoskeleton suit that let me fly and shoot laser blasts?" Lalna trailed off, realizing that Rythian probably knew this due to, well, being on the other end of said laser blasts. Well, that was a mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back