• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Volleyball Rp if anyone's interested.

SharkBark

Psalms 55:22
Roleplay Type(s)
I wanted to see if anyone wanted to do a sort of volleyball rp. Before I make it, i'll do a vote of whether it'll be an anime type rp or not. Anyone is available to join, except there are a few requirements.

1. A basic knowledge of volleyball.
2. The ability to know when not to OP. (be overpowered) For example, you're a Libero and the opposing team never scores because you somehow, "save every ball". No. All Libero's miss the ball at some point. Especially with hard driven spikes.
3. A kind and positive attitude. Don't be rude to other roleplayers and try to put other people down. Be yourself but, don't be rude. Of course though, for character traits, your OC can DEFINITELY allowed. It'll help with character development. (Y'know, "*anime gasp* Dansui said that I was bad at volleyball...(tears slowly flow) I'll do everything I can to get better!"

Those are the basic rules.

I know people have lives so, let me know your preferred schedule so we can bend it around for you.

Oh! I almost forgot, here's the plot.

Pass, Set, and Spike

So basically, the story takes place in Lakeside, North Carolina at Lakeside High School. Lakesideisn't known for their volleyball team because they're, well, trash.
That all changes when the new Freshmen join the team. 6 of them to be exact. Some current players get swapped for Freshmen while others stay in. Lemme give you a quick recap of the positions, just in case you don't know.

Front Row:
Outside Hitter: ( SharkBark SharkBark one more is available) One of the strongest spikers on the team, usually play front left or back. Must be good at passing, hitting, and blocking. There are usually two of them on court at a time.

Middle Blocker: (Unavailable. Taken by poiyuups poiyuups and AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf ) A good blocker, spiker, and occasionally a decoy. Must be fast and able to trick opponents. Plays usually in front middle.

Setter: (Minma, One more available) The team's biggest play maker. Good ball control along with fast reflexes and the ability to adapt to situations. Sets up spikes to hitters. Usually plays in the front right or middle.

Right Side Hitter (or opposite): (Available) As said in their name, they play on the front right side of the court. They can also play in the back row. They are also one of the strongest spikers and are crucial for blocks

Back row:

Libero: (Taken, Dextra Dextra ) The team's usual best defensive player on team. Can only play back row and must be good at digging.

(lmk what i missed)

Anyway, we don't just need people for this team. More roleplayers can play as other teams and have their own little stories.

That's all for now. Hopefully you'll join.

--Shark

Last edited:
Okay, this sounds like a very fun Slice of Life role-play ^_^

But, I should be honest, I do not know too much about the sport. I know that you hit a ball over a tall net, but that's it.

I'd be willing to learn. If you had a link to something that gave a basic run down, I'd watch. Otherwise, maybe I could play a cheerleader; a make cheerleader specifically as it opens up the opportunity for drama

Okay, this sounds like a very fun Slice of Life role-play ^_^

But, I should be honest, I do not know too much about the sport. I know that you hit a ball over a tall net, but that's it.

I'd be willing to learn. If you had a link to something that gave a basic run down, I'd watch. Otherwise, maybe I could play a cheerleader; a make cheerleader specifically as it opens up the opportunity for drama
It's okay, I actually do have a link for you.http://www.volleyballadvisors.com/how-to-play-volleyball.html

The character sheets are in the thread and the in character link.

Also, last thing I swear, were you open to the possibility of a non-player. As I mentioned, maybe a new member of the cheer team?
I never thought of that but, definitely! They'd create a different aspect to the story and they would increase the team's morale.

Woah, this seems right up my alley. I have played volleyball… 5 times. I’ll take a yummy little reading of the link you sent.

But I wonder, can we possibly play as
-Ehem-
Opposing Characters?
You know… Villains! Enemy team? Maybe just one player of the team that plays REAL GOOD but their attitude is REAL BAD. I could always play a good guy……… But I’d love the possibility to play a snarky, maybe-or-maybe-not insulting rival team character!

Woah, this seems right up my alley. I have played volleyball… 5 times. I’ll take a yummy little reading of the link you sent.

But I wonder, can we possibly play as
-Ehem-
Opposing Characters?
You know… Villains! Enemy team? Maybe just one player of the team that plays REAL GOOD but their attitude is REAL BAD. I could always play a good guy……… But I’d love the possibility to play a snarky, maybe-or-maybe-not insulting rival team character!
I have another volleyball request link, and I stated that we also need people to play as other teams. So, you being an opposing character is PERFECTLY fine.

I have another volleyball request link, and I stated that we also need people to play as other teams. So, you being an opposing character is PERFECTLY fine.
Alrighty. Devilishly Alrighty. I’ll begin making my character, if I’m going too fast do tell me! I’d love some extra juicy information on whats the name of the main opposing team, if they’ve won more than the protagonist team, and anything more!

I've been thinking, and the main opposing team is the Fuhai volleyball team. Fuhai means undefeated in Japanese, and I'm sure you can guess why they chose that for their name. There are three reasons they are undefeated.

Reason 1: Their incredible defense. They have a godlike Libero. Their Libero has a save average of 66.2 saves per game. Their fast, agile, and extremely light on their feet.

Reason 2: Their Setters and Hitters. For Fuhai, these positions have an incredible bond. They don't even have to call out, they just know that the set will come to them. Their setters have incredible precision, and the spikers have spikes that are incredible hard to block.

Reason 3: Their coach. Their coach has the best strategies. Every one of the plays have a special purpose. Some are decoys, some of to set up chance balls, and others are to target specific players. Their coach has the strongest critical thinking.

I've been thinking, and the main opposing team is the Fuhai volleyball team. Fuhai means undefeated in Japanese, and I'm sure you can guess why they chose that for their name. There are three reasons they are undefeated.

Reason 1: Their incredible defense. They have a godlike Libero. Their Libero has a save average of 66.2 saves per game. Their fast, agile, and extremely light on their feet.

Reason 2: Their Setters and Hitters. For Fuhai, these positions have an incredible bond. They don't even have to call out, they just know that the set will come to them. Their setters have incredible precision, and the spikers have spikes that are incredible hard to block.

Reason 3: Their coach. Their coach has the best strategies. Every one of the plays have a special purpose. Some are decoys, some of to set up chance balls, and others are to target specific players. Their coach has the strongest critical thinking.
Oooh, now I know how much ego to dump into my character. Which is assured to be a whole lot. Thanks!
This’ll be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back