• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ViVi's Perma-Search

VioletVi

Perpetually Going Thru It
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
tumblr_p5n5qnDn091w167s9o1_1280.gifv

Quirky Text Here
VioletVi's Interest Search
Open
Welcome!
This is my little corner of the universe. I've been working on this thread between hiatuses since I joined the site over a year ago, and it's finally time to open it up now that I'm in a better place mentally and my job is thankfully stable. I am seeking a few seasoned partners to write and create worlds with. Within this thread, you'll find all the information you need to decide whether we'll be a good fit. I may sound stiff here as I try to get my thoughts down, but I hope to be chill and find partners who would like to have and be a relaxed, no-pressure writing partner. Please read this post in its entirety (even if I can get long-winded), as there's a lot of good stuff I'd like you to consider before deciding. In the first post of this thread, I will include a text-only version of the recruitment details for folks on mobile.
Expectations of Me
Hello again! I'm VioletVi. Feel free to call me ViVi if you prefer. I'm a 25+ she/her living in the central time zone. I love music, video games, and writing, with many lighter hobbies mixed in. I have been writing off and on for over a decade, only having lightened up on the hobby in 2022 for a bit when life got crazy. I enjoy getting to know my writing partners and learning about you and your hobbies. Though I may seem quiet in DMs at first, I would love to have a partner who keeps a healthy OOC chat going with me if it makes you comfortable to. I am happy to provide a writing example if you need one! If you think we're a good match, please PM me! I will delete any replies to this thread that are not my own to keep it tidy, and I will not reply in the thread when I do.

You can expect a few things from me as a writing partner.

• LGBTQIA+ friendly 💚
  • DM Roleplays are my preferred. I have the most success keeping track of roleplay replies and OOC chatter from my organized DMs.
  • I do not use Discord all that much, so I've found it is an unsuccessful method for me to brainstorm or house an OOC chat. I also do not RP on Discord.
  • Contribution to our plot including but not limited to being open to and talking through your ideas, suggesting plot bunnies, talking through large and small story arcs, (gushing about) developing characters.
  • A preference for quality over quantity. I want a story I can really get invested in. I like stories to move, characters to develop, and all the drama we can think of when it matters. Sometimes, that means replies will vary, and that's fine by me.
  • Someone who can typically match your length regarding replies. Reply length is hard for me to quantify. When able, I aim for ~5 paragraphs or somewhere between 500-1200 words. As I said, it's all relative to context and what my partner is comfortable with.
  • A reply at least once per week, though I try to reply a bit more when time permits. During holidays (like these last two months) and other times, I may be unable to post every week. I travel on occasion for work and play hard when I take vacations, but I will always give you a heads-up if I'm unable to write for more than a week at a time.
  • Someone patient! If anyone knows how life can come and kick you in the face, it's me. I am as patient as it goes when needing to take breaks or life getting in the way. My big rule is that life comes first, so you can expect me to be chill if anything comes up.
  • Someone who gets really excited about the stories and characters she's writing. Sometimes, I include music that's inspired a post or fits the vibe. I also will sometimes include images as references. As you can see in the plot ideas below, I like adding little things that add flair to replies. I will gush about our characters like crazy, too. I use writing as an escape, so I like having fun with it.
  • Is flexible on characters: I don't mind whether we use character references that are drawn or realistic. I also don't care and am comfortable writing my main character(s) and many side characters to fill out the cast. If we need to add more life to a scene aside from our two characters, then I am happy to contribute to that.
  • I don't have many triggers, but I will communicate anything we write that may make me uncomfortable. I do not write nsfw roleplay and abide by all site rules with my writing.
Expectations of You
Here are some things I would like to see in any partner that wants to write with me.

• Patience! This is first on the list for a reason. As I mentioned previously, my life can get crazy at times. I want to write with folks who will be okay with our replies being spaced out occasionally. I have not been the best at replying promptly in the past, but new year new me; I'm working to get better at this.
  • 18+ in age, 21+ preferred. I'm getting older, and with that, I prefer writing with folks closer to my age. This is a comfortable boundary for me.
  • LGBTQIA+ Friendly. We are not meant to be partners if you are not accepting of all people.
  • Plans to be consistent on the site. Broken record here! Plans constantly change, and life can be messy; I understand that. I'd love someone who plans to have a similar posting schedule during those normal times.
  • Replies that are coherent. I stand by quality over quantity. To me, a reply of quality accomplishes many things. Part of that is that the reply should be written so that I can understand what's happening and follow what the characters are doing. I am okay with occasional misspellings or grammatical issues. (Hi! I'm just as guilty!) Please also give me something to work with in your replies. If the plot isn't moving, let's see what we can do to push it forward.
  • Friendly and willing to help me develop worlds, plots, or characters as we progress into our story together. I am okay with you if you aren't looking for someone to chat with and get to know; I know that isn't everyone's preference. I understand how social anxiety can be, believe me. I would ask that you be willing and able to help me plan out the story and develop the plot.
  • Have fun! If you're not having fun, please tell me! We can switch things up, change plots, or determine what's next. I don't bite; I promise.
Genres
I enjoy a wide variety of genres and subgenres in my roleplays. I'll toss out a few of the big ones below. Just know that if I don't outline it here, it doesn't mean it's not one I'd be interested in! I'm always open to hearing ideas.

Fandom: This isn't something I am interested in now. Sorry for those who came here seeking that! As you'll see from the plots section, I focus on original works and developing characters within non-fandom worlds.

Romance: This one is almost a requirement for me. Romance is something that pulls me back in time and time again. For the most part, I really enjoy a slow-burn romance. That can come in many forms, from enemies to lovers, unrequited love, star-crossed lovers, fate's design, etc.

Fantasy: Another love of mine, though not required. I lean toward modern/urban fantasy most often. I love exploring how a world like ours might differ with a touch of magic! I also enjoy traditional fantasy with massive worlds we can build on our own.

Slice of Life: This is not typically something I gravitate toward (as you'll see from the plots). I don't need action and adventure all the time, but I want to live a life that I couldn't live when I write, and I tend to get bored with strict SoL. If I do something SoL, typically, it has some twist to keep things interesting.

Horror: Love aspects of this in plots where it makes sense. I wouldn't say I like it to be the primary focus. This goes for any darker themes. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows, but if our characters are always getting chased by a crazy murderer, there's not much else they can focus on.
Wordbank
These are in no particular order.
  • Romance (slow burn)
  • Fluff
  • Fantasy
  • Action/Adventure
  • Paranormal
  • Supernatural
  • Sexuality + understanding it/coming out stories
  • Cryptids
  • Mystery
  • Thriller
  • Exploration
  • Horror
  • Science Fiction
  • Futuristic
  • Deities
  • Demons and Angels
  • Making a deal with the Devil
  • Interesting, massive physical settings
  • Immortality
  • Vampires
  • College but urban fantasy
  • Detectives
  • Life after death
  • Soulmates
  • Reincarnated/separated lovers
  • Everyday person x someone with a hidden life (spy, mafia boss, supernatural creature, etc)
  • Faerie Tales rewritten
  • Death personified
  • Arranged Marriage
  • The Mummy-esque stories
  • Everyday person and a celebrity or influencer
  • Total opposites as roommates
  • Modern settings
  • Wartime (Fantasy only)
  • Sandmen
  • Alien lifeforms
  • Space scrappers (I will be writing a plot for this in the future as I am interested in this)
  • Horror (end of the world, possession, haunted houses, etc)
  • Fake dating
  • The bet
Plots
Farther below, you'll find a complete and in-depth breakdown of my plots. Some are open, and I am interested; others I have tentatively closed until my muse strikes for them again (or I already have a partner for it and don't want to double up). You'll find everything you need to know about each, including tags I think apply and gender pairings I had in mind. Typically, I lean towards playing a female opposite to any gender, but I also have some plots where I'd be interested in MxM pairings. These plots are the roleplays I am looking to fill first and foremost, so I'd love for you to read them! I'll update this list as my vibes change throughout the year, so check back often if you don't find something you like!

1. Resumption
  2. Seeking Stars
  3. Home Is...
  4. Futures Unseen
  5. If Walls Could Talk
  6. Season's Greetings
  7. Does this City Need A Hero?
Credits
A brief shout-out to all the BBCoders who have answered questions throughout the years that I found in my hours of working with BBCode. Little nuances are hard to nail down sometimes, but searching through the forums helped me through a lot. You all rock.
Credit for the music player on the Resumption plot goes to Ambiloquous from their Ami's Lab 2.0 | Mobile Friendly Freebies thread. Your freebies are so cool and creative. Thank you for what you offer to the community.
Thanks to X for the many tutorials on how to get hidden scrolls! I could never for the life of me get it to work, but it was a good brain teaser for a while as I debugged things. 😂
Updates
Initial post of Quirky Text
Seeking one partner & Updated some plots
See the plot bunny in my bump!
XX.XX.XXXX
Notice
2 / 3 Found
Due to my current working schedule and just knowing myself, I will only be able to take on a limited number of partners while still maintaining consistency and quality. Right now, I am seeking three potential new partners, at which point I will close the thread until I can handle more. If we have started writing in the past and I disappeared due to a past hiatus, I sincerely apologize and would love to hear from you if you want to kick things off again!

tumblr_o7n3tgJTWA1rd81odo8_250.gifv

Resumption
Fantasy | Gods among us | Unspoken love | Action and Adventure | Modern | MxF or NBxF | Reconnection |
Preferred Role: The Goddess (F)
Closed
Vi's Notes
I got a lot of inspiration for this plot from snippets of lyrics from all the good girls go to hell by Billie Eilish. The vibe of the song is really cool, and after some thought, it evolved into something more from that point. I think this plot would have a few pretty long arcs as there are many things I find interesting and want to explore that I'm happy to chat about with whoever is interested in this plot. For some additional context, The Goddess would have no idea what the world has been turned into since she was kept away in the realm of light and creation. For the last millennia, she has been led to believe that the world is at peace and thriving. With Death's help, she may travel to the Underworld (similarly to the realm of sleep), but other that has been weakened to the point that she cannot leave the mortal realm. So, while many sub-plots are going on, the overarching plot would be getting back to the realm of light and creation to figure out what damage has been done.

tumblr_pqc9kvf1YW1vamcv8o1_400.gif
All the Good Girls Go To Hell
Billie Eillish
Plot
Everything the light touches, she has created. They say she plucked freckles from her skin to spatter the night sky with stars. She took millennia to carve out each mountain and canyon with her bare hands and seas filled with the sweat of her brow as she worked. The sun was a piece of her heart, ever beating with the warmth and promise of a new day. She cut the horns from her head so that the creatures she created might grow them to protect themselves and offered her blood to create the first people. When the darkness of night threatened their little ones, The Goddess took one of her eyes to create the moon and provide them with what little light she could in Darkness' domain. Other Deities existed, but none had the care or creativity to craft something so complex out of nothing in the little pocket they called the Universes.

She created This place out of her love, and as it grew in complexity, she worked with other Deities to make it even better. Death held dominion over the space meant for souls after life. The Limbo where all creatures were judged, and it was determined whether they would be reborn again or their remaining aether would be offered back to fuel the Deities' work. Fate was responsible for the fabrics of destiny. Cryptic though they were, they took their responsibility seriously and never missed a moment in their craft. Without Dream, none of The Goddess' creatures could slip into the realm of sleep. They could not dream, nor could they have nightmares. It was in this realm that Dream ruled. Desire, fickle as they could be at times, ensured that all of her creatures had reasons to be. Food, money, a family...Desire had a special job helping silently guide each creature toward something.

On and on, The Goddess found roles for them all. Like pieces to an impossible puzzle, she too gave the Deities purpose, and by the end, unexpectedly, they followed her into a new era for all. It took far more effort than she might ever let them see. With far too much of herself to give, it was not long after she placed the final touches on the world and was happy that she disappeared into the realm of light and creation. Initially, she could still slip away from the responsibility to visit the world she created and the others. The world thrived with lush forests and happy groups of people living among nature. Death she visited more often than the other Deities. The weight of so many souls rested on their shoulders; the work was more than the others had, and when The Goddess could, she tried to help. They always said Death and The Goddess had a curiously close relationship with one another. Those times are long since gone, though. It did not take long until the responsibilities of The Goddess became too much to afford her any escapes from the realm of creation, and for thousands of years, she could never leave.

As Deities and demi-gods are wont to do, there are always those with darker intentions than most. Some wish the balance of power be tipped in their favor for a new ruler of the Universes to take The Goddess' place. Conah had always been The Goddess' most trusted divine creature, created directly from her being to help with the most critical tasks required to keep the Universes spinning. Tainted as a babe by a God unknown, Conah's cunning hunger grew slowly over thousands of years. It was enough time for a meticulous plan to unfold that even the ever-so-watchful Goddess did not notice.

Death knew something was wrong before any of the others. From their well-oiled empire in the Underworld, it wasn't every day that they were overwhelmed by the rush of millions of incomplete unborn souls. Why would The Goddess allow so many of her creations to leave the realm of light destined for the Underworld? Not long after, they felt an almost nostalgic tug, one they hadn't felt since the Great War before Creation. A Diety was dying, and it was Death's responsibility to go to them in what could be their final moments.

What happens when they arrive in the mortal realm and the battered, broken, and dying Diety is The Goddess herself? A face they haven't seen in millennia.

.・。.・ .・。.・ .・。.・ .・。.・ .・。.・ .・。.・

Seeking Stars

Science Fiction | SoL | Exploration | Forbidden Romance | Modern | MxF or FxF or NBxF | The Dark Side of Celebrity |
Preferred Role: Character B, The Extra-Terrestrial (F)

Open

Everything we know—everything we see—is just five percent of everything in the Universe. In many ways, we are still novices playing with toy models seeking to understand the stars. The remaining ninety-five percent of the Universe is space we haven't seen or understand.

Yet somehow, Character A ended up on this single, dense little rock, living a cushy life as an extremely high-profile influencer and content creator. Most of their time is spent in front of their computer, live-streaming to tens of thousands of people across the globe. Most would call it a privileged lifestyle, but for (A), it's a way to make a living while also impacting a world where sometimes your life can feel like a single drop in the ocean. They rarely take breaks. Even when they plan a trip, typically, their viewers are included in one way or another. Whether it's shorter nightly streams at their chosen Airbnb/hotel or irl streams exploring, (A) can't disconnect. It's on one of these trips that (A)'s life will change.

For once, they want to escape from loud, crowded, and busy Los Angeles and escape. They've found their sanctuary—a massive ranch in the middle of the Mojave for just them...and their streaming equipment, of course. They just want two weeks away from the hustle and bustle, and then it's back to the grind once again. Aside from a small town about forty-five minutes away, there isn't civilization for miles. (A) has enjoyed their first few days of solitude, and they finally feel the stress from many months of non-stop grinding beginning to melt away.

One evening, not soon after (A) has begun their stream, they catch a blindingly bright light streak across the night sky out the living room window. The light falls quickly toward the desert, landing in the distance with a spark. Mildly panicked and unable to contain their curiosity, (A) cuts the stream short to head out in their jeep and investigate.

What happens when (A) makes it to the crash site and finds Character B unconscious and encased within a glowing, high-tech pod? Do they choose to help when a hologram appears as they approach the pod, informing (A) that their message has been received and pleading for their help—as the fate of the Universe itself may be in their hands?

cf942d4e864a9433d8b3ad501ba6a8295b713a5d.jpg

c0a0135ba739dd2afaa13903e9b19e36.jpg

Vi's Notes
I don't know why this idea has been in my head recently, but it has been living rent-free. I have a lot of ideas for this one but I would like to plan them out more with my partner. This story would span a long time and go through multiple arcs. What I'm looking for here is a bit of that SOL where (A) is trying to help (B) learn and adjust to life on Earth so they don't stick out like a sore thumb while also having to navigate a lot of the crazy and drama that content creator culture can be for A. Some examples could include toxic ex-partners, online speculation and drama once the internet finds out B exists (trying to find out who they are, how they know A, etc.), the chaos that can ensue when going out in public with a high-profile celebrity (the idea of an alien being front and center and no one ever knowing it is so hilarious to me), the deep conversations A could have with someone who doesn't understand at all the world they live in and the culture they are subject to, etc. etc. Eventually, I want A and B to end up back on B's home planet where the roles could be similarly reversed, and A really does help B save the Universe somehow...Yes, I'm thinking big, grand ideas where two young idiots take forever saving the Universe and maybe fall in love somewhere by the end of it. 🙈

e747119931d8640f3e0887c8a874216e8ba81074.jpg
35841fac89407748fa0c8999b7a46ac9.jpg
france-paris-le-marais-sunday.jpg
Home Is
Fluffy Romance | Action & Adventure | SoL-ish + Hidden Life | Spies |
Modern | MxF or FxF or NBxF | Finding the Joys in Life |
Preferred Role: Character B, Non-Spy (F)
Open
Vi's Notes
For this plot, I would like us to begin in the city of our choosing; I themed this thread around Paris, but it could be anywhere we wanted. I want the first portion of this RP to be nice, warm, and fluffy, playing out their time together before our two characters split at the end of their trip, assuming they'll never see each other again. Sparks will fly, but they both know this fleeting romance will be gone in just two short weeks, so both do their best to not get attached even if that's damn near impossible. I have some ideas on what would happen next, which would throw the two into an adventure together, but I'd like to build up further details with my partner.
Plot
The fate of the world is in your hands. They were words that 99.9% of the souls on the planet would never hear in any serious manner. For the men and women that did hear them, the weight of the consequences was ever present. They were the best equipped for the task—people of exceptional talent who trained much of their lives to balance a semblance of peace on the tip of a pin. The everyday person might think of them as spies. They were tasked with being masters of disguise, secrecy, and defense. Character A was one of these spies. They traveled the world taking out terrorist organizations, stopping criminal masterminds, and doing just about whatever their employers asked of them. It was a heavy and stressful job, but someone had to do it. Work focused almost to a fault, (A) 's company decides after their most recent successful mission that it's time for them to take a much-needed vacation. While not particularly happy about it, (A) doesn't complain and soon finds themselves at the destination of their choosing, assimilating once again with society for a short while to just relax. That is where they unexpectedly meet Character B while having a quiet breakfast and enjoying one of their favorite books. They find it odd when (B) approaches them and starts a conversation, but soon, they've dropped their guard enough to enjoy the company. (B) has no idea who (A) is, nor do they have any ulterior motives by approaching (A). Being a world-renowned musician, they are in town for the next few weeks to perform and enjoy using their downtime to explore the area and relax.

What happens when the pair seemingly click and (A) finds themselves enjoying the simple life with (B) for once? How do they feel about having to lie to (B) about who they really are, and will they be able to sever the warm connections their hearts have formed when it's time for (B) to move on to the next stop in their tour?

tumblr_pb8ziyqzBp1x4ktmuo3_1280.png
tumblr_pb8ziyqzBp1x4ktmuo5_1280.png
tumblr_pb8ziyqzBp1x4ktmuo6_1280.png
Futures Unseen
Closed

b43af1d4f4e8c1ef5fff595e7baef7d8ee77cb68.jpg
Urban Fantasy | Mystery | Paranormal | Enemies to Lovers | Modern | MxM or NBxM | Coven Politics | Preferred Role: Character B, The Seer (M)

Character A has found themselves in a predicament. They've just been through the worst breakup that they've ever known. Heart completely ravaged by someone they thought they loved, (A) doesn't even have the time to pick up the pieces before they're thrown out on the streets and left homeless. Thankfully, they have some savings, and (A) can pay for a hotel while they scramble to find an apartment. They don't find much in their price range, and when they meet with the lovely lady at housing services, she can only offer one option—an advertisement hastily scribbled by Character B about an open room for rent in their home. It feels oddly personal, almost as if it were a letter written specifically for (A), but at the time, they think nothing of it and make their way to their prospective housing.

What (A) isn't expecting when they arrive at (B)'s home is the massive painted sign out front.
"Madame Myrna's
Past, Present, Future
Fortune Teller"​

They almost turn to leave, thinking psychics to be frauds only out to steal people's money with lies and manipulation, but before they can go, (B) appears on the front porch. Chipper as a bird and more than a little excited to see them, (B) ushers (A) inside before they can and, by some sheer force of fate, (A) agrees to take the room. What (A) doesn't know is that Madame Myrna, the most prolific seer in the modern day, has disappeared with hardly more than a scribbled letter to her son (B) about where she's gone. What (A) also doesn't know is that (B) and his mother are witches and that Madame Myrna is the head of one of the many covens in their area. These are all things (B) must keep secret from their new human roommate as they struggle to run their family business out of their home, search for clues to where their mother has gone, and try to keep from being another casualty in the dangerous power struggles that befall a coven without a leader.

Vi's Notes
So, for clarity, this world doesn't know magic and magical beings exist, but they all do in the shadows and under the guise of normalcy. Enemies to Lovers tag because my first thought was that we could have some friction in the beginning between A and B because A thinks B is a fraud when they take their readings for the people that come in. They don't know that B is almost, if not just, as prolific a seer as their mother. I have left a lot of A's backstory vague in the plot because I think you should be free to build them yourself—what they do for a living, the history of their past relationship, etc. I initially thought of them as being older, but this plot could also apply to college-aged, young adult characters too, if we wanted. Add on the complexity of college life, relationships, and the weight of classes and assignments on top of the adulting that's already expected of our characters...I dunno; could be fun.

b06c5df478aac705862aa6861478832102a0057c.jpg
a03cf6bebe55ca3ac97fe66a268d5f2f8421e6b6.jpg
51a5b21f2273164e0f5897465ab306f53fac3f00.jpg
If Walls Could Talk

Mystery | Detective | Thriller | Romance |
Modern | MxF or MxM or FxF or NBxF | Opposites Attract |
Preferred Role: Character B, Scientist (F or M)
Open
Plot
Usually, the squints in the lab could pull something together. They could run their tests, look at the evidence, and give them something to work with. This time, something was different, and all of their leads were running dry. Serial murders plague the tri-state area, and they're on a timeline. Every two weeks, a new body turns up with the same MO. The longer they take, the more lives are lost. Character A is a homicide detective working for a high-level government organization. They're tasked with taking on high-profile cases when local law enforcement fails to find the answers. This time, evidence leads them to Character B—a scientist at the top of their field. (A) and (B) have a brief history together, and the two ended up parting on not-so-great terms. Still, (A) swallows their pride to seek the help of (B). (B), being the reasonable person they are, agrees under one condition. They are brought on as a consultant to (A), following them into the field to see the crime scenes, sit in on interrogations, and, ultimately, track down criminals. They aren't happy about the ultimatum, but (A) has little choice but to accept. From there, the two embark on a journey together to track down the killer and put them behind bars for good.

Vi's Notes
You've probably seen dozens of shows like this on TV; the gruff, seasoned detective who is good with people has to pair up with a brilliant scientist or doctor who has spent more time behind a microscope than connecting with anyone. The one I always think of is Bones, but everyone usually has their token show from the early/mid-2000s. This would be similar to those types of shows. It'd be cool if it could be episodic in nature with an overarching baddie they struggle to track down with ever-increasing stakes and sparks that fly as they get closer to one another. As you probably noticed above, a lot is vague to give us the freedom to build up the two characters, their histories, and the details of the murders. This one is going to be planning-heavy!

Season's Greetings!

Closed
99f67623b321414508c6213c30795b2f660a7c34.gifv

4a97b61867f866765e377567f22791d80342f7c2.gifv

83caacff64b8f429b9572ce83a8a675f50dac9ad.gifv

4b74931ec0c39a5dbed77912b1f66ab322c6fca5.gifv

3f01378106b52e910cfe9ec163d6e88a51a631d1.gifv

69c62c79e54254e3b2c5a889e7b4e1cf1b10a50c.gifv

tumblr_ngm5ntq1vH1u0xqxco1_500.gifv

Tags
Urban Fantasy | Fake Dating | Holiday Romance | SoL w/ Mild Action |
Modern | MxF or MxM or FxF or NBxF | Found Family |
Preferred Role: Character A, Human (M or F)

Vi's Notes
I can't help it; there's something about the holidays that I can't get enough of, even though we just went through them. So yes, expect warm (and often awkward) family dinners, white Christmases, and many, many random family traditions.
I wrote the plot originally with a vampire opposite in mind, but if you have other ideas for typically "dangerous" fantastical creatures you'd prefer to play, I am all ears for your suggestion!

acaf55d63c81afa3566c5a672bf5646f4096b335.gifv
Plot
There was once a time when the holidays brought the promise of warmth, happiness, and a carefree way to ring in the new year. Lovers shared joyful moments under the mistletoe, and dogs underfoot enjoyed the gluttonous droppings of well-drank aunties. Those days of anticipation are gone. Instead, the days before Thanksgiving have been filled with nothing but dread for Character A. They could think of a million better ways to ring in the past New Year than a broken-off engagement, and now, as the holidays approach again, they're only filled with the promise of awkward questions and an empty home for (A). What's worse, in a desperate attempt to make their mother not worry and get their annoying siblings off their back, (A) has done the unspeakable—promise a plus one to Thanksgiving celebrations. It isn't just any plus one, either. No, they've promised their rebound, one that no one has known about, and that (A) has definitely been dating for months and is desperately in love with. Except (A) is as single as it gets and has no one to cover for them and their silly little lie.

Unable to face the reality that telling their family the truth might bring (A) is forced to extremes to try and cover everything up. Where better to find a totally safe-and-not-a-serial-killer fake date than Craig's List? That is where Character B, a centuries-old vampire, sees the ad offering cash payment for anyone willing to attend a family Thanksgiving and be the perfect partner for an evening. (A) isn't (B)'s typical target, only on the site usually for a quick meal, but (B) has their own reasons for answering the advertisement. They're ready and prepared to put on quite the show for the evening and maybe even feel like they're human again for a few hours. What happens when unexpected sparks fly and (A) and (B) find it easier than expected to act like they're dating? And how does (B) navigate the night when they learn two of (A)'s brothers aren't just protective of their sibling because they're family, but because they're actually part of a local group of Slayers tasked with killing any creatures of the night they find?

Does This City Need A Hero?
a31cd1ae4b06f35972abddaf6ec1e6b4.gif
Tags
Heros and Villains | Action | Hidden Identities | Gritty | Modern | MxF or FxF or NBxF | A Game of Cat and Mouse |
Preferred Role: Character X, The Reporter (F)

Closed
Plot
Under Construction!

Vi's Notes
I'll fill this guy out when I open it up; I already have an awesome hero/villain plot going so I'm not looking for another right now.

8e2e290239e75784d776214adc69c2f52309a779.gif

8865fa2d1539f8ae76f4d1b6da896684.gif

tumblr_inline_p82fnxX9lO1szaa83_500.gifv

aesthetic-apocalypse.gif

tumblr_mdb69bxJGD1r1s7izo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Welcome!
This is my little corner of the universe. I've been working on this thread between hiatuses since I joined the site over a year ago, and it's finally time to open it up now that I'm in a better place mentally and my job is thankfully stable. I am seeking a few seasoned partners to write and create worlds with. Within this thread, you'll find all the information you need to decide whether we'll be a good fit. I may sound stiff here as I try to get my thoughts down, but I hope to be chill and find partners who would like to have and be a relaxed, no-pressure writing partner. Please read this post in its entirety (even if I can get long-winded), as there's a lot of good stuff I'd like you to consider before deciding. In the first post of this thread, I will include a text-only version of the recruitment details for folks on mobile.

Notice
Due to my current working schedule and just knowing myself, I will only be able to take on a limited number of partners while still maintaining consistency and quality. Right now, I am seeking three potential new partners, at which point I will close the thread until I can handle more. If we have started writing in the past and I disappeared due to a past hiatus, I sincerely apologize and would love to hear from you if you want to kick things off again!

2 / 3 Found

Expectations of Me
Hello again! I'm VioletVi. Feel free to call me ViVi if you prefer. I'm a 25+ she/her living in the central time zone. I love music, video games, and writing, with many lighter hobbies mixed in. I have been writing off and on for over a decade, only having lightened up on the hobby in 2022 for a bit when life got crazy. I enjoy getting to know my writing partners and learning about you and your hobbies. Though I may seem quiet in DMs at first, I would love to have a partner who keeps a healthy OOC chat going with me if it makes you comfortable to. I am happy to provide a writing example if you need one! If you think we're a good match, please PM me! I will delete any replies to this thread that are not my own to keep it tidy, and I will not reply in the thread when I do.

You can expect a few things from me as a writing partner.

• LGBTQIA+ friendly 💚
  • DM Roleplays are my preferred. I have the most success keeping track of roleplay replies and OOC chatter from my organized DMs.
  • I do not use Discord all that much, so I've found it is an unsuccessful method for me to brainstorm or house an OOC chat. I also do not RP on Discord.
  • Contribution to our plot including but not limited to being open to and talking through your ideas, suggesting plot bunnies, talking through large and small story arcs, (gushing about) developing characters.
  • A preference for quality over quantity. I want a story I can really get invested in. I like stories to move, characters to develop, and all the drama we can think of when it matters. Sometimes, that means replies will vary, and that's fine by me.
  • Someone who can typically match your length regarding replies. Reply length is hard for me to quantify. When able, I aim for ~5 paragraphs or somewhere between 500-1200 words. As I said, it's all relative to context and what my partner is comfortable with.
  • A reply at least once per week, though I try to reply a bit more when time permits. During holidays (like these last two months) and other times, I may be unable to post every week. I travel on occasion for work and play hard when I take vacations, but I will always give you a heads-up if I'm unable to write for more than a week at a time.
  • Someone patient! If anyone knows how life can come and kick you in the face, it's me. I am as patient as it goes when needing to take breaks or life getting in the way. My big rule is that life comes first, so you can expect me to be chill if anything comes up.
  • Someone who gets really excited about the stories and characters she's writing. Sometimes, I include music that's inspired a post or fits the vibe. I also will sometimes include images as references. As you can see in the plot ideas below, I like adding little things that add flair to replies. I will gush about our characters like crazy, too. I use writing as an escape, so I like having fun with it.
  • Is flexible on characters: I don't mind whether we use character references that are drawn or realistic. I also don't care and am comfortable writing my main character(s) and many side characters to fill out the cast. If we need to add more life to a scene aside from our two characters, then I am happy to contribute to that.
  • I don't have many triggers, but I will communicate anything we write that may make me uncomfortable. I do not write nsfw roleplay and abide by all site rules with my writing.

Expectations of You
Here are some things I would like to see in any partner that wants to write with me.

• Patience! This is first on the list for a reason. As I mentioned previously, my life can get crazy at times. I want to write with folks who will be okay with our replies being spaced out occasionally. I have not been the best at replying promptly in the past, but new year new me; I'm working to get better at this.
  • 18+ in age, 21+ preferred. I'm getting older, and with that, I prefer writing with folks closer to my age. This is a comfortable boundary for me.
  • LGBTQIA+ Friendly. We are not meant to be partners if you are not accepting of all people.
  • Plans to be consistent on the site. Broken record here! Plans constantly change, and life can be messy; I understand that. I'd love someone who plans to have a similar posting schedule during those normal times.
  • Replies that are coherent. I stand by quality over quantity. To me, a reply of quality accomplishes many things. Part of that is that the reply should be written so that I can understand what's happening and follow what the characters are doing. I am okay with occasional misspellings or grammatical issues. (Hi! I'm just as guilty!) Please also give me something to work with in your replies. If the plot isn't moving, let's see what we can do to push it forward.
  • Friendly and willing to help me develop worlds, plots, or characters as we progress into our story together. I am okay with you if you aren't looking for someone to chat with and get to know; I know that isn't everyone's preference. I understand how social anxiety can be, believe me. I would ask that you be willing and able to help me plan out the story and develop the plot.
  • Have fun! If you're not having fun, please tell me! We can switch things up, change plots, or determine what's next. I don't bite; I promise.

Genres
I enjoy a wide variety of genres and subgenres in my roleplays. I'll toss out a few of the big ones below. Just know that if I don't outline it here, it doesn't mean it's not one I'd be interested in! I'm always open to hearing ideas.

Fandom: This isn't something I am interested in now. Sorry for those who came here seeking that! As you'll see from the plots section, I focus on original works and developing characters within non-fandom worlds.

Romance: This one is almost a requirement for me. Romance is something that pulls me back in time and time again. For the most part, I really enjoy a slow-burn romance. That can come in many forms, from enemies to lovers, unrequited love, star-crossed lovers, fate's design, etc.

Fantasy: Another love of mine, though not required. I lean toward modern/urban fantasy most often. I love exploring how a world like ours might differ with a touch of magic! I also enjoy traditional fantasy with massive worlds we can build on our own.

Slice of Life: This is not typically something I gravitate toward (as you'll see from the plots). I don't need action and adventure all the time, but I want to live a life that I couldn't live when I write, and I tend to get bored with strict SoL. If I do something SoL, typically, it has some twist to keep things interesting.

Horror: Love aspects of this in plots where it makes sense. I wouldn't say I like it to be the primary focus. This goes for any darker themes. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows, but if our characters are always getting chased by a crazy murderer, there's not much else they can focus on.

Word Bank
These are in no particular order.
  • Romance (slow burn)
  • Fluff
  • Fantasy
  • Action/Adventure
  • Paranormal
  • Supernatural
  • Sexuality + understanding it/coming out stories
  • Cryptids
  • Mystery
  • Thriller
  • Exploration
  • Horror
  • Science Fiction
  • Futuristic
  • Deities
  • Demons and Angels
  • Making a deal with the Devil
  • Interesting, massive physical settings
  • Immortality
  • Vampires
  • College but urban fantasy
  • Detectives
  • Life after death
  • Soulmates
  • Reincarnated/separated lovers
  • Everyday person x someone with a hidden life (spy, mafia boss, supernatural creature, etc)
  • Faerie Tales rewritten
  • Death personified
  • Arranged Marriage
  • The Mummy-esque stories
  • Everyday person and a celebrity or influencer
  • Total opposites as roommates
  • Modern settings
  • Wartime (Fantasy only)
  • Sandmen
  • Alien lifeforms
  • Space scrappers (I will be writing a plot for this in the future as I am interested in this)
  • Horror (end of the world, possession, haunted houses, etc)
  • Fake dating
  • The bet
Plots
Farther below, you'll find a complete and in-depth breakdown of my plots. Some are open, and I am interested; others I have tentatively closed until my muse strikes for them again (or I already have a partner for it and don't want to double up). You'll find everything you need to know about each, including tags I think apply and gender pairings I had in mind. Typically, I lean towards playing a female opposite to any gender, but I also have some plots where I'd be interested in MxM pairings. These plots are the roleplays I am looking to fill first and foremost, so I'd love for you to read them! I'll update this list as my vibes change throughout the year, so check back often if you don't find something you like!

1. Resumption
  2. Seeking Stars
  3. Home Is...
  4. Futures Unseen
  5. If Walls Could Talk
  6. Season's Greetings
  7. Does this City Need A Hero?
Credits
A brief shout-out to all the BBCoders who have answered questions throughout the years that I found in my hours of working with BBCode. Little nuances are hard to nail down sometimes, but searching through the forums helped me through a lot. You all rock.
Credit for the music player on the Resumption plot goes to Ambiloquous from their Ami's Lab 2.0 | Mobile Friendly Freebies thread. Your freebies are so cool and creative. Thank you for what you offer to the community.
Thanks to X for the many tutorials on how to get hidden scrolls! I could never for the life of me get it to work, but it was a good brain teaser for a while as I debugged things. 😂

Plots

Title: Resumption
Tags: Fantasy | Gods among us | Unspoken love | Action and Adventure | Modern | MxF or NBxF | Reconnection
Preferred Role: The Goddess, Female
Plot: Everything the light touches, she has created. They say she plucked freckles from her skin to spatter the night sky with stars. She took millennia to carve out each mountain and canyon with her bare hands and seas filled with the sweat of her brow as she worked. The sun was a piece of her heart, ever beating with the warmth and promise of a new day. She cut the horns from her head so that the creatures she created might grow them to protect themselves and offered her blood to create the first people. When the darkness of night threatened their little ones, The Goddess took one of her eyes to create the moon and provide them with what little light she could in Darkness' domain. Other Deities existed, but none had the care or creativity to craft something so complex out of nothing in the little pocket they called the Universes.

She created This place out of her love, and as it grew in complexity, she worked with other Deities to make it even better. Death held dominion over the space meant for souls after life. The Limbo where all creatures were judged, and it was determined whether they would be reborn again or their remaining aether would be offered back to fuel the Deities' work. Fate was responsible for the fabrics of destiny. Cryptic though they were, they took their responsibility seriously and never missed a moment in their craft. Without Dream, none of The Goddess' creatures could slip into the realm of sleep. They could not dream, nor could they have nightmares. It was in this realm that Dream ruled. Desire, fickle as they could be at times, ensured that all of her creatures had reasons to be. Food, money, a family...Desire had a special job helping silently guide each creature toward something.

On and on, The Goddess found roles for them all. Like pieces to an impossible puzzle, she too gave the Deities purpose, and by the end, unexpectedly, they followed her into a new era for all. It took far more effort than she might ever let them see. With far too much of herself to give, it was not long after she placed the final touches on the world and was happy that she disappeared into the realm of light and creation. Initially, she could still slip away from the responsibility to visit the world she created and the others. The world thrived with lush forests and happy groups of people living among nature. Death she visited more often than the other Deities. The weight of so many souls rested on their shoulders; the work was more than the others had, and when The Goddess could, she tried to help. They always said Death and The Goddess had a curiously close relationship with one another. Those times are long since gone, though. It did not take long until the responsibilities of The Goddess became too much to afford her any escapes from the realm of creation, and for thousands of years, she could never leave.

As Deities and demi-gods are wont to do, there are always those with darker intentions than most. Some wish the balance of power be tipped in their favor for a new ruler of the Universes to take The Goddess' place. Conah had always been The Goddess' most trusted divine creature, created directly from her being to help with the most critical tasks required to keep the Universes spinning. Tainted as a babe by a God unknown, Conah's cunning hunger grew slowly over thousands of years. It was enough time for a meticulous plan to unfold that even the ever-so-watchful Goddess did not notice.

Death knew something was wrong before any of the others. From their well-oiled empire in the Underworld, it wasn't every day that they were overwhelmed by the rush of millions of incomplete unborn souls. Why would The Goddess allow so many of her creations to leave the realm of light destined for the Underworld? Not long after, they felt an almost nostalgic tug, one they hadn't felt since the Great War before Creation. A Diety was dying, and it was Death's responsibility to go to them in what could be their final moments.

What happens when they arrive in the mortal realm and the battered, broken, and dying Diety is The Goddess herself? A face they haven't seen in millennia.
Notes: I got a lot of inspiration for this plot from snippets of lyrics from all the good girls go to hell by Billie Eilish. The vibe of the song is really cool, and after some thought, it evolved into something more from that point. I think this plot would have a few pretty long arcs as there are many things I find interesting and want to explore that I'm happy to chat about with whoever is interested in this plot. For some additional context, The Goddess would have no idea what the world has been turned into since she was kept away in the realm of light and creation. For the last millennia, she has been led to believe that the world is at peace and thriving. With Death's help, she may travel to the Underworld (similarly to the realm of sleep), but other that has been weakened to the point that she cannot leave the mortal realm. So, while many sub-plots are going on, the overarching plot would be getting back to the realm of light and creation to figure out what damage has been done.

Title: Seeking Stars
Tags: Science Fiction | SoL | Exploration | Forbidden Romance | Modern | MxF or FxF or NBxF | The Dark Side of Celebrity
Preferred Role: Character B, The Extra-Terrestrial, Female
Plot: Everything we know—everything we see—is just five percent of everything in the Universe. In many ways, we are still novices playing with toy models seeking to understand the stars. The remaining ninety-five percent of the Universe is space we haven't seen or understand.

Yet somehow, Character A ended up on this single, dense little rock, living a cushy life as an extremely high-profile influencer and content creator. Most of their time is spent in front of their computer, live-streaming to tens of thousands of people across the globe. Most would call it a privileged lifestyle, but for (A), it's a way to make a living while also impacting a world where sometimes your life can feel like a single drop in the ocean. They rarely take breaks. Even when they plan a trip, typically, their viewers are included in one way or another. Whether it's shorter nightly streams at their chosen Airbnb/hotel or irl streams exploring, (A) can't disconnect. It's on one of these trips that (A)'s life will change.

For once, they want to escape from loud, crowded, and busy Los Angeles and escape. They've found their sanctuary—a massive ranch in the middle of the Mojave for just them...and their streaming equipment, of course. They just want two weeks away from the hustle and bustle, and then it's back to the grind once again. Aside from a small town about forty-five minutes away, there isn't civilization for miles. (A) has enjoyed their first few days of solitude, and they finally feel the stress from many months of non-stop grinding beginning to melt away.

One evening, not soon after (A) has begun their stream, they catch a blindingly bright light streak across the night sky out the living room window. The light falls quickly toward the desert, landing in the distance with a spark. Mildly panicked and unable to contain their curiosity, (A) cuts the stream short to head out in their jeep and investigate.

What happens when (A) makes it to the crash site and finds Character B unconscious and encased within a glowing, high-tech pod? Do they choose to help when a hologram appears as they approach the pod, informing (A) that their message has been received and pleading for their help—as the fate of the Universe itself may be in their hands?
Notes: I don't know why this idea has been in my head recently, but it has been living rent-free. I have a lot of ideas for this one but I would like to plan them out more with my partner. This story would span a long time and go through multiple arcs. What I'm looking for here is a bit of that SOL where (A) is trying to help (B) learn and adjust to life on Earth so they don't stick out like a sore thumb while also having to navigate a lot of the crazy and drama that content creator culture can be for A. Some examples could include toxic ex-partners, online speculation and drama once the internet finds out B exists (trying to find out who they are, how they know A, etc.), the chaos that can ensue when going out in public with a high-profile celebrity (the idea of an alien being front and center and no one ever knowing it is so hilarious to me), the deep conversations A could have with someone who doesn't understand at all the world they live in and the culture they are subject to, etc. etc. Eventually, I want A and B to end up back on B's home planet where the roles could be similarly reversed, and A really does help B save the Universe somehow...Yes, I'm thinking big, grand ideas where two young idiots take forever saving the Universe and maybe fall in love somewhere by the end of it. 🙈

Title: Home Is...
Tags: Fluffy Romance | Action & Adventure | SoL-ish + Hidden Life | Spies | Modern | MxF or FxF or NBxF | Finding the Joys in Life
Preferred Role: Non-Spy, Female
Plot: The fate of the world is in your hands. They were words that 99.9% of the souls on the planet would never hear in any serious manner. For the men and women that did hear them, the weight of the consequences was ever present. They were the best equipped for the task—people of exceptional talent who trained much of their lives to balance a semblance of peace on the tip of a pin. The everyday person might think of them as spies. They were tasked with being masters of disguise, secrecy, and defense. Character A was one of these spies. They traveled the world taking out terrorist organizations, stopping criminal masterminds, and doing just about whatever their employers asked of them. It was a heavy and stressful job, but someone had to do it. Work focused almost to a fault, (A) 's company decides after their most recent successful mission that it's time for them to take a much-needed vacation. While not particularly happy about it, (A) doesn't complain and soon finds themselves at the destination of their choosing, assimilating once again with society for a short while to just relax. That is where they unexpectedly meet Character B while having a quiet breakfast and enjoying one of their favorite books. They find it odd when (B) approaches them and starts a conversation, but soon, they've dropped their guard enough to enjoy the company. (B) has no idea who (A) is, nor do they have any ulterior motives by approaching (A). Being a world-renowned musician, they are in town for the next few weeks to perform and enjoy using their downtime to explore the area and relax.

What happens when the pair seemingly click and (A) finds themselves enjoying the simple life with (B) for once? How do they feel about having to lie to (B) about who they really are, and will they be able to sever the warm connections their hearts have formed when it's time for (B) to move on to the next stop in their tour?
Notes: For this plot, I would like us to begin in the city of our choosing; I themed this thread around Paris, but it could be anywhere we wanted. I want the first portion of this RP to be nice, warm, and fluffy, playing out their time together before our two characters split at the end of their trip, assuming they'll never see each other again. Sparks will fly, but they both know this fleeting romance will be gone in just two short weeks, so both do their best to not get attached even if that's damn near impossible. I have some ideas on what would happen next, which would throw the two into an adventure together, but I'd like to build up further details with my partner.

Title: Futures Unseen
Tags: Urban Fantasy | Mystery | Paranormal | Enemies to Lovers | Modern | MxM or NBxM | Coven Politics
Preferred Role: Character B, The Seer, Male
Plot: Character A has found themselves in a predicament. They've just been through the worst breakup that they've ever known. Heart completely ravaged by someone they thought they loved, (A) doesn't even have the time to pick up the pieces before they're thrown out on the streets and left homeless. Thankfully, they have some savings, and (A) can pay for a hotel while they scramble to find an apartment. They don't find much in their price range, and when they meet with the lovely lady at housing services, she can only offer one option—an advertisement hastily scribbled by Character B about an open room for rent in their home. It feels oddly personal, almost as if it were a letter written specifically for (A), but at the time, they think nothing of it and make their way to their prospective housing.

What (A) isn't expecting when they arrive at (B)'s home is the massive painted sign out front.
"Madame Myrna's
Past, Present, Future
Fortune Teller"

They almost turn to leave, thinking psychics to be frauds only out to steal people's money with lies and manipulation, but before they can go, (B) appears on the front porch. Chipper as a bird and more than a little excited to see them, (B) ushers (A) inside before they can and, by some sheer force of fate, (A) agrees to take the room. What (A) doesn't know is that Madame Myrna, the most prolific seer in the modern day, has disappeared with hardly more than a scribbled letter to her son (B) about where she's gone. What (A) also doesn't know is that (B) and his mother are witches and that Madame Myrna is the head of one of the many covens in their area. These are all things (B) must keep secret from their new human roommate as they struggle to run their family business out of their home, search for clues to where their mother has gone, and try to keep from being another casualty in the dangerous power struggles that befall a coven without a leader.
Notes: So, for clarity, this world doesn't know magic and magical beings exist, but they all do in the shadows and under the guise of normalcy. Enemies to Lovers tag because my first thought was that we could have some friction in the beginning between A and B because A thinks B is a fraud when they take their readings for the people that come in. They don't know that B is almost, if not just, as prolific a seer as their mother. I have left a lot of A's backstory vague in the plot because I think you should be free to build them yourself—what they do for a living, the history of their past relationship, etc. I initially thought of them as being older, but this plot could also apply to college-aged, young adult characters too, if we wanted. Add on the complexity of college life, relationships, and the weight of classes and assignments on top of the adulting that's already expected of our characters...I dunno; could be fun.

Title: If Walls Could Talk
Tags: Mystery | Detective | Thriller | Romance | Modern | MxF or MxM or FxF or NBxF | Opposites Attract
Preferred Role: Character B—Scientist, Female or Male
Plot: Usually, the squints in the lab could pull something together. They could run their tests, look at the evidence, and give them something to work with. This time, something was different, and all of their leads were running dry. Serial murders plague the tri-state area, and they're on a timeline. Every two weeks, a new body turns up with the same MO. The longer they take, the more lives are lost. Character A is a homicide detective working for a high-level government organization. They're tasked with taking on high-profile cases when local law enforcement fails to find the answers. This time, evidence leads them to Character B—a scientist at the top of their field. (A) and (B) have a brief history together, and the two ended up parting on not-so-great terms. Still, (A) swallows their pride to seek the help of (B). (B), being the reasonable person they are, agrees under one condition. They are brought on as a consultant to (A), following them into the field to see the crime scenes, sit in on interrogations, and, ultimately, track down criminals. They aren't happy about the ultimatum, but (A) has little choice but to accept. From there, the two embark on a journey together to track down the killer and put them behind bars for good.
Notes: You've probably seen dozens of shows like this on TV; the gruff, seasoned detective who is good with people has to pair up with a brilliant scientist or doctor who has spent more time behind a microscope than connecting with anyone. The one I always think of is Bones, but everyone usually has their token show from the early/mid-2000s. This would be similar to those types of shows. It'd be cool if it could be episodic in nature with an overarching baddie they struggle to track down with ever-increasing stakes and sparks that fly as they get closer to one another. As you probably noticed above, a lot is vague to give us the freedom to build up the two characters, their histories, and the details of the murders. This one is going to be planning-heavy!

Title: Season's Greetings
Tags: Urban Fantasy | Fake Dating | Holiday Romance | SoL w/ Mild Action | Modern | MxF or MxM or FxF or NBxF | Found Family
Preferred Role: Character A - Human, Male or Female
Plot: There was once a time when the holidays brought the promise of warmth, happiness, and a carefree way to ring in the new year. Lovers shared joyful moments under the mistletoe, and dogs underfoot enjoyed the gluttonous droppings of well-drank aunties. Those days of anticipation are gone. Instead, the days before Thanksgiving have been filled with nothing but dread for Character A. They could think of a million better ways to ring in the past New Year than a broken-off engagement, and now, as the holidays approach again, they're only filled with the promise of awkward questions and an empty home for (A). What's worse, in a desperate attempt to make their mother not worry and get their annoying siblings off their back, (A) has done the unspeakable—promise a plus one to Thanksgiving celebrations. It isn't just any plus one, either. No, they've promised their rebound, one that no one has known about, and that (A) has definitely been dating for months and is desperately in love with. Except (A) is as single as it gets and has no one to cover for them and their silly little lie.

Unable to face the reality that telling their family the truth might bring (A) is forced to extremes to try and cover everything up. Where better to find a totally safe-and-not-a-serial-killer fake date than Craig's List? That is where Character B, a centuries-old vampire, sees the ad offering cash payment for anyone willing to attend a family Thanksgiving and be the perfect partner for an evening. (A) isn't (B)'s typical target, only on the site usually for a quick meal, but (B) has their own reasons for answering the advertisement. They're ready and prepared to put on quite the show for the evening and maybe even feel like they're human again for a few hours. What happens when unexpected sparks fly and (A) and (B) find it easier than expected to act like they're dating? And how does (B) navigate the night when they learn two of (A)'s brothers aren't just protective of their sibling because they're family, but because they're actually part of a local group of Slayers tasked with killing any creatures of the night they find?
Notes: I can't help it; there's something about the holidays that I can't get enough of, even though we just went through them. So yes, expect warm (and often awkward) family dinners, white Christmases, and many, many random family traditions.
I wrote the plot originally with a vampire opposite in mind, but if you have other ideas for typically "dangerous" fantastical creatures you'd prefer to play, I am all ears for your suggestion!

Title: Does this City Need a Hero?
Tags: Heros and Villans | Action | Hidden Identities | Gritty | Modern | MxF or FxF or MBxF | A Game of Cat and Mouse
Preferred Role: The Reporter, Female
Plot: Under Construction!
Notes: I'll fill this guy out when I open it up.

Last edited:
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f505767376f454a347355617a71413d3d2d313232313032303730332e313665616662626533346562313663383638313437393231323835372e676966

I am leaving for a business trip early tomorrow, so I don't have a lot of time to write up a full pretty plot, but I have an idea that I REALLLYYYY wanna do....If this doesn't get any interest by the time I'm back, I'll make a pretty plot for it in the thread above. This is VERY open and I want someone who can help me flesh it out past a few sentences I scratched out before bed.

THIS IS CURRENTLY MY MOST-WANTED PLOT.

Here's the TLDR; There's a serial killer on the loose in the Happiest Place on Earth. Character A is the lead detective assigned to the case. Character B is a random worker that for some reason or another (idk why, we need to figure that out) is their self-elected partner with massive amounts of knowledge about the parks, the company's media (movies, books, songs, etc), knows the most people, etc that his helping them try to piece together why someone would use a place like this as killing grounds.

I am wanting a setting that is MASSIVE. Multiple parks, lots of lore...a place where tens of thousands of people visit every single day and it takes tens of thousands of people to keep the place running. A veritable needle in a haystack with a complex story and a killer who isn't-so-obvious.

I have a preference to playing Character B, either Male or Female; my partner can decide. I have no preference to who your character is: M/F/NB. I still would like some romance in this plot. I plan on it being a looooong story. The idea of some level of 'Disney Adult' x 'Super srs detective' sounds hilarious and kinda cute to me ngl.

I just returned from a weeklong trip to Walt Disney World, so this is obviously inspired by that setting, though I'd love if we made our own universe "Disney", so it doesn't pull 1:1 from the WDW parks and instead we can make our own whole extended universe this pulls from, things characters have to learn, etc. It will be pretty similar though.

I am wanting this to be a lil bit horror focused though. Hell, if we wanted to incorporate fantasy elements that our two characters get unintentionally dragged into at some point, that's also fine with me. For the killings themselves, I want them to be gruesome and horrific all framed in the backdrop of this supposedly happy, shining place for all. So while there will be a lot of cute moments between the two, the stakes are high and the danger is very real for both of them as they try to track down who is behind the killings.

Last edited:
Bump! Still verrry verrry interested in the above idea. Also any of the others still open above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back