• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Viva La Actionville! A Not So Super Supers RP! (OOC & Information) [Always Open]

RedLeftHand36

Your Host Tonight

actionvilleposter.jpg

Once upon a time...

There comes a time in everyone’s life when the big questions in life are asked. Who am I? What do I want in life? Did I leave the stove-top on at home? Fear not, my child, because I know, deep down in the very pits of your presumably beating heart, that you wouldn’t mind being a bit of a badass. Well boy, oh boy, do I have an opportunity for you. In the year of 2003, exists a world filled of many beings of might, magic, and guns or something, I dunno. Maybe you’d prefer going Condiment King and squirt spicy sauce into people’s eyes like a savory pepper-spray. But my point is, this is a world where heroes and villains prosper. Sometimes. Not all the time. Looking at you Condiment King. But anyways… So heroes, villains, and supers to each, have existed for nearly a century and a half, but only in the last 30 years have such roles become a cornerstone of daily life.

Enter the three organizations integral to this aspect of the world:

First, the CIA; no not that one. The cool one. The better one. The one you’ve never actually heard about. You think. The Covert Intermediary Agency, known for their employment of associates colloquially known as the Men in Black [although they’re properly called Black Hats]. That’s right, those guys that skulk around Roswell and also any 7-11 in the midwestern US. They’re actually an international organization, but they just so happened to be spearheaded by some quacks over in New Mexico a while back after an incident with a Super during some morally icky science experiments went haywire. That’s right, the 1947 UFO incident was a cover-up. And then THAT was painted over, but poorly, made it seem like the Men in Black were just there for some extra-terrestrial booty instead of going Frankenstein on some superpowered folks. Don’t think that there isn’t more though. The CIA has a paramilitary branch known as the Red-Tails [or simply RTs], and is filled more or less with your James Bonds and your Black Widows and your Sterling Archers... those kinds of people.

In the mid-70s the very first major villain organization known as Mamba popped up, led by an infamous black-market arms dealer who went by the alias of Black Mamba. After several years of conflict between Mamba and the Red Tails, the Red Tails emerged victorious after the involvement of a small group of heroes, formed of both supers and non-supers, and in the aftermath of the war that no one heard of, the very first government sanctioned hero team was formed: The Golden Hand, with its most prominent members comprised those such as Justice, whose incredible superhuman capabilities could level entire mountain ranges despite her lack of sight, Ulf, the wolf-themed hunter who was prepared for anything, and could turn a bunch of sticks into a nuclear bomb or something, and Godspeed, whose amazing speedster capabilities are frankly just super fast. I guess he makes Usain Bolt seem more like Usain Slug amirite hahahaha… Anyways the Golden Hand would evolve into the primary hero syndicate, and eventually become subject to the Sam Sheepdog-Ralph Wolf Act of 1980, an act that introduced government-sanctioned professional villainy in an effort to maintain an in-check database of various criminals, with the promise of lenient sentences so long as villains maintain and conduct themselves in regulated manners.

The other side of the coin is MANTICORE. Yes, all caps. The syndicate of villains comprised of many high profile members, particularly in their council leadership known as the Heads of Typhon, led primarily by the supervillain Apollyon, long-time rival of Justice. After the final defeat of Black Mamba, the upstart young villain had worked with the CIA and the Golden Hand to create MANTICORE for the specific purposes of the Sam Sheepdog-Ralph Wolf Act, convincing other high profile villains to join and inspiring the villainous masses to join the cause, and even implementing the hench-humanity and villain-mentorship programs soon afterwards, serving as possibly one of the most important figure in organized villainy, and not only that, but worked with the Golden Hand once more to recreate their heroic equivalents, establishing hard outlined systematic rights for sidekicks, butlers, and Katos and well established trainee programs.

It is most important to note that, for the CIA, the onset of such programs, law implementations, and affiliations are primarily used to keep an organized checklist on such potentially dangerous individuals, regardless of alignment. It is the CIA’s duty to keep track of any such individuals, complete with the statistics regarding numbers, aligned persons of interest, notable supers [especially when in regards to external extreme-level emergencies requiring specific abilities], and, most importantly, keeping track of every single such person.

Which brings us to the here and now.

The year is 2003, and for the last eight months, something very wrong has been going on. Between all three organisations, a myriad of technology is been stolen by persons unknown, and a fair few rookies have gone missing. Accusations have been made, fingers have been pointed, and what semblance of relative peace once existed tenuously between each faction strains under the provided conditions. The annual concord meeting in Kansas City involves not only the leaders of each organisation, but numerable portions of individuals who are members of them. If all goes awry, hell will break loose in the worst of ways, but hopefully, the adults will stay mature about things. Still, it's up to the CIA to ensure that Kansas City doesn't get razed to the ground, and the Sam Sheepdog-Ralph Wolf Act remains intact.

LINKS

IC - Here
Character Apps - Here
Discord -
Here

Last edited:
Damn. I have the two best possible characters for this already. But I’ll have to clear up some stuff with the front runner of the rp they’re already in.

I just read the current character apps and saw there is already a shape-shifter character--and a cool one, at that! The character I want to play is also a shapeshifter of sorts, but he only has two forms he can take. Is that ok?

I just read the current character apps and saw there is already a shape-shifter character--and a cool one, at that! The character I want to play is also a shapeshifter of sorts, but he only has two forms he can take. Is that ok?
Yeah that's perfectly fine!

Can't wait to see your character <3

MAGICAL GIRL MAN! You love to see it. I trust that the magical girl powers will not nacho dip into the nacho canned cheese of OPness.

The tones are wonderfully in the spirit of the rp btw.
Glad you approve! I do love me a not-so-serious RP, so I was thrilled when I saw your interest check. This is just the kind of thing I've been saving this guy for, and now it's his time to shine! And don't worry, canned nacho cheese of OPness has too much lactose to agree with me, so I will not be partaking. Vic's not that powerful.

To be honest, I have not thought about exactly what kind of kawaii magic spells he'll have, but they'll not be world-ending, I assure you. Maybe something like "☆~Orange Dream Shot~☆!" that is a beam attack that does a bit of damage and also stings like the dickens because of the citric acid. After all, how much power can a person in the body of a 12-year-old girl with the power of sunshine and rainbows --and apparently citrus fruits -- have?

Glad you approve! I do love me a not-so-serious RP, so I was thrilled when I saw your interest check. This is just the kind of thing I've been saving this guy for, and now it's his time to shine! And don't worry, canned nacho cheese of OPness has too much lactose to agree with me, so I will not be partaking. Vic's not that powerful.

To be honest, I have not thought about exactly what kind of kawaii magic spells he'll have, but they'll not be world-ending, I assure you. Maybe something like "☆~Orange Dream Shot~☆!" that is a beam attack that does a bit of damage and also stings like the dickens because of the citric acid. After all, how much power can a person in the body of a 12-year-old girl with the power of sunshine and rainbows --and apparently citrus fruits -- have?
I love Vic already 😭

So seeing we got a fair bunch ready, I'll be slapping out the IC maybe tonight or tomorrow, but real soon either way. Hope you brought an extra pair of underwear, fellas, we're getting sweaty.

A little late, but the IC is officially up! I'll be posting little profilings of some of the various mentioned characters ASAP, though it may take a bit. Feel free to ask me about individuals as you wish!

I will try to get my intro post up soon. I planned on doing it yesterday, and then today, but work has suddenly been really stressful and by the time I get off work, I just want to do something mindless.

NPC INFO BOOK! [Work in Progress]

YAfgMBEqsHgjXJpzdQyDb54A2P2M9dc2j-9f9sRMDIFI1-O0k6QTVyT1bNIMmwRujUUBMA1NNyT5Nusx4RwKq5q9TjFftJtyglUQIkQl_EnpZt_7qutRgfLqF_DCGIGJgBLGaKm3lEM4BjWwKC41Ebs

qAkTf_NhGQvrFkrRJP7NVxI_5diFVbEPunyATEOnEj0zzA_nROewwSRnNCePpajf3t-S-Ci6JgKACui3YZLWATzJulwRJb37GOeyLWf-eIJf1jyUhwGN1onGLBLq86sw8bbU0E84wdWsVH0Zn_BTVBk

Zq64BXOelHaKdo6poYl7O_LfOYqDmFCVS7HQze9725nMeg8CCCEDyWGAOWOaeZMlLjqkVbrZod-nyyUOOr7FX2YQFP4Xsz128WwsTDdgaoPeW19bfP_F7dfe-Jyt7HDNPTZc0lAm6jta-9bW_Hc-ZUQ

U02lzyQhEVzFJS8LkimkiC6mCe5mmhELMZpE8S5OoPID04tVfQu3pZIrstGDhuP0t1iXXx_HLGzAzODYyGXEoZH40cYyCXA-KVNE3Bk1xgxt4bSVWMXgZVcX1IMex-7YcRtTfcl06zhzidMlce7zvLk

fTzhSZTZijbmOxC-zCq6vlD8d6fYv2D2GqIDg1yo4PUF8vWg9AIgefGdvFP7GWenL2sWwID4VxpIqmkKsvbhDhlM5Lgf1gdII3L-vjeCCsVb0h7a78eHy7gKKN4oFDBnulguthScQq2TseTCqSNxDuw

fryvVL1FB0EBfQwZh3Ru9wW-C2O0dvjiUhh1K54TTBh0JqBU4DCnrhXvcj25xdWGBIiZeUWKjRz1I_euF1BeyIwIWEzxpukuD2CX49mEU6h1ar1GLEpFUDi9wxSJqDwJk_pKD_R9YYL8O3fPxg3KFzc
BKIN5e-rwcEjZN-wy5yBSjy58ftc82YX3zLRmgej4GjG1JtNKEMCHCbXzZzDaHNr_tPbl7UWlicQ9o3-kYEFaHa0xiPzOazxNpBL409pHsBza6xgF4WtPeJe7UsFHP2sVU6qwUhWVH34kGnx76brzJM

BTenEeSIebDWEGdgI-hqMC3EhxcSbSzhrxiU638-fMU5uUh5J8xfRI40xjNUPeIs9JFwLPkNSUmmmFhTNJgo7ajVwSJHqVWlmExKW9bxGXTDOuW8bfUPWB4DM7dUnsmXsMshIzRCFXLzijrH4w0ujuc

SCleEZmYC8ZSqjhGHPgwHpMCq4ttt2WPOH-bvmqA_HLvHQrCmZ5r4HFgVZ1yCNIWt5zla_Y7nZRppAy5NY6OytF7rn55012q7G-lPV1kLa2c9itnLcb9n0Wm5dcf3UPnwkenoiCG-nSfXmJBmAOvbFI

oqlEXasCKEq7LfeMqtTAzpB2JQs3iwq1xzeUGDW8GUq9mgq3Vui_6QrWtyChLHOeagUW6rY8Z9AXrDCokhTuQwBIxvSK7YmAKBI54jECDEGj3ufmZkHCxadKogN-oNitFuUZds_3H2HRJAKz99ZUhXA
Ny_VbdaMJ9hfgpQqg44mTteQRU_xJT90JD9dBZHa1JO4XUkzNSyOp_z4KMrmDwxCxlTUuOfyhSih4XVtPsM01jV6p_pbP0OOm9RQONltKQwH3yUqKvvo8vxT-kq-qtN7Eg5cBBp6EZoNueigoyXw15A

d__ZThqWbsmiegCYcMbWVVJKfhy9RjIQsmQ9fduYRBgz5CGoYNaDkXSnue9JISL11vCqOYnh_Rjs6gBItwe6f-BAtCEWkdOlIiqEi8u65bjguxPEF-5h4utAFHT5OnFMILBnqknHyqcLJMLYZYXDZaE

1687875203988.png

Z3CdNoL0Vc3qJ7XVjuvk4Z273kLfGF3myMWCCqfSGe_SYixgG433W0EVzzU20dTjJDvPV-BUsZjyBJNcTJpZvtDPCjKV-c8Eb1f3EbbO7pLkOlx2JkHDkCq8Do0JqCKHmK7BjO5hxQf2t6TlqQ7F-Ho

HLUfvZvRkO_L6mGhL7N-ZNMMJ6IiAirHtEmhnqhQbXHVbqT5OqRX5XDFaoEzVYQSsXOdbP7RErq3P6LOg9VcxMBLj-Xc_tft9aKwnDf9Rf7tFf2txQYUFQLbYT_tCOywUQ9iOAE-a00Ndd98srkjodY

kETNEBKe5Lbruydkr7N8xBQQiVJkF5jqq3DMjGkIYbkgNjCg77JxxhYMa0dzfXqZkLcIJ-esikpKYsxDeaXFzWkEIcJDKOVByWHkLYpWLFqHXxFaY-DXSOFKbEXokWYUWk7advY8lxa0AMy6r8rABU8

oXCzGDmaW7wwwqGB2KLPInyjvCXCqzkKj8nU8AgIPWHK4S8bAIg628bjSzeX8aaxof5xQ4jcEu_YH_vUynBxBwXt7fL5Ps19gSo8inoSlYs-mAZa7uxxnQmQzphg0hcfNPq65rhkGZUlp2Y2xW4Xslk

MFM3yA7TThg9OlbcYxu9_xGpC0QISot1BZ7x_LxM-UqM8dMdG8cLjXfMiPG9yYGTEuGSqD8oFS_ZEgttyxXg8jfqJ-dsyPqbKXh7Tsii74OjCB8KhqBB75iFL7goD11Z3QXS-e8A3v01gx9rn30uHFw

pnR0C3dQ0zm5MiS7slGF0-QLkq4yq_9Yo2c5CIIOcSsyVor6I8UMjKhBhpVJcbnR9JCPKOn08A6xT3cpRTr8A3IfCueXMUWOpunvoDhb-1z_lcCM0THEQjLl45c3beuZV-_JdZB6UyfnKmDhr9QQits

Last edited:
It probably won't be much, but I'll try pushing the plot forward in the next couple of days instead of waiting for people. I planned on doing it earlier, but between work and the serious heatwave where I am, my energy's been seriously lacking. Sorry about all the silence so far, folks.

No worries! Take as much time as you need, and I hope you are staying cool.

Generally, Vic's winged cat companion, Charmy, cannot be seen by anyone except Vic in his magical girl form. However, it's free game for the more arcane/magic-based heroes to be able to see him, if desired. Charmy is on a different plane of existence, but I imagine some magical beings could see beyond the current dimension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back