• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Vitaedor: A globetrotting roleplay set in an industrial fantasy world

Nova Squid

It's been eight months since you came to the city of Lupara to start a new life. Here in fair Eclea, the restrictions of the old states seem to melt away; here you can buy anything, sell anything, make your life any way you choose.

Choices. Hell, if only you were better at that sort of thing. Maybe you wouldn't be here, then.

You zero in on your contact in the crowded street. There, a black hat and mismatched tie. A lycan- so typical here. Didn't the immigration officer say Lupara was a ghetto for them, at one point? You can't remember, last night was a mess of cold sweating and second thoughts.

A subtle bump and you feel something pressed into the palm of your hand, something you draw into your suit pocket fast as you can without drawing attention. The contact melts into the crowd and vanishes.

There- in the old warehouses. Nobody- at least nobody who doesn't know what's good for them- checks in there. You're getting good at this, since nobody's followed you, not that you know of.

You unfold the letter.

"Welcome to Hybalt and Sons. If you're this far, there's no turning back. If you've been selected to be a problem solver, you already have the skills we are looking for. Meet with the team at the Vecchio Passaggio under the bridge at 5:30 AM tomorrow morning. Job info will be secured there. Good luck. - Mr. Hybalt"

Guess there's no running away now. You head for home, and prepare to pack your bags, and a gun...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vitaedor is an adventure fantasy roleplay set in a world roughly equivalent to our own 1850s, in the midst of a massive industrial revolution and the rise of world powers. Tensions are growing across borders, and shadowy parties move across the world toward their own ends. Starting in the cultural crossroads of Eclea- a loose band of city-states known for money, mafias, mercenaries, and murder- players assume the role of "problem solvers" for the international mercenary group Hybalt and Sons, working to get to the bottom of a shadowy design that if allowed to come to fruition may spark a world war.

Expect the following:
  • A diverse world of many races, magics, and machines, across nation-states and regions in conflict. Travel with railroads, airships, steamers, and more across the lands, meeting new people and killing them.
  • Lots of globetrotting, political intrigue, and no small amount of intervention and assassination. Keep your six-gun handy.
  • Uncover a plot set to jeopardize the tenuous peace across the continent, travelling across various nations and peoples to get to the bottom of it.
  • High post quality. There will not be players that make 5-word grunts and "lol u tk him 2 da bar!!!" type posts, and neither will there be any edgy sobbing 12 year-old Mary Sues to speak of. I will also enforce a post order and try to keep RP flowing to the best of my ability (unless you're unable to post, in which case I'll temporarily control your character or find a way to temp. remove them). I think a group of 5 or so will probably be best for this.
  • A quasi-realistic, large world with a history stretching thousands of years back.
  • Golems to carry your beer around. Bottle opener not included.
I will answer any questions to the best of my ability. If you're interested, go ahead and leave a post down there. If you have a Discord, feel free to leave it; I've already set up an OOC channel for discussion regarding this RP at Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers. Expect a friend from Rifle Infantry#2477 while you're at it.

Last edited:
Request sent! Sorry for how long that took, I've been a little busy in the intervening hours on my side.

Bump.

I am thinking of downsizing to around 3 people, might make things flow a little faster given everyone's in one group. Anyone interested can find the OOC Discord in the OP and I'm still around to answer any questions you might have.

NICE I'll be one of those people, maybe with a small party size this could flow sort of like D&D. ALSODIDYOUSAYLYCAN

Going to set up the thread sooner or later. I plan on doing some terrible avant garde scribbling sketches to accompany certain parts of the character sheets, lore, etc. so it might take a day or two at most.

BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 Hi, glad to have you on the team! Make sure you join the Discord link in the OP.

In the interest of making things move faster, I am thinking of moving the entire thing solely to Discord; this'd bypass the problems with post-by-post RP such as that on RPN. Schedule should be about the same, just that people could start creating characters basically right away.

Any objections?

Sorry for the wait- a thunderstorm cut the power to my house so I won't be able to finish the last of the necessary work tonight. By tomorrow we should be able to start character creation.

I'm not really happy to say it, but I'm gonna have to call it quits regarding Vitaedor, at least for now. I've been increasingly busy lately and I don't think I'll be online enough to make a good effort GMing things in the near future. My apologies to everyone who's signed on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back