• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Visitations

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Wilton, Maine, September 2015

Wilton’s not a big town, tucked away amid the mountains and deep forests of northern Maine. Only way there’s by a just-about-maintained road north of Bangor, and then you’re in the woods. “We were here first,” those primeval boles declare. “We’ll be here at the end.”

Abigail Chapman, age 15, went missing at the start of Summer. Her body was found near a hiking trail at the end of August. The Sheriff’s Office haven’t released any details; active investigation, afterall. Emily Fontenot, aged six, and Tony Daigneau, aged 19 have been missing since mid-August, and with confirmation of Abigail’s death, well…

Sheriff Edmond suspects Daigneau and everyone knows it - he’s an Acadian boy, and no good citizen of Maine trusts those inbred forest-dwellers. Rumour has it Mayor Norwood doesn’t trust Edmond to find that missing kid, and has made a call to Washington.

Wilton’s a town of about two-thousand souls and a half-dozen Deputies to keep the peace, with a little help from Maine State Police, and now two agents from the Eff-Bee-Aye are coming to tell ‘em how to do their job?

Not on Jack Edmond’s watch.

To make matters worse, it’s getting colder now. Weather’s got a temper. Won’t be long before a Fall storm hits, say the old timers. Won’t be long before the tourists go back to the city. Won’t be long before snow starts closing off roads to the outside world.

Can this case be closed while Wilton is still on the map?

-----------------------------------------

Alright folks, this won’t be an entirely straightforward murder mystery. I won’t spoil anything, but it’s gonna get weird.

And it is very definitely going to be a horror show. Content warnings abound for disturbing scenes and violence.

Did you enjoy Stranger Things this summer? You might want to sign up.

I want characters to be: 2 FBI agents, at least 2 Maine State Police, and at least 1 Wilton Deputy.

I’ll take no more than six characters and won’t hesitate to kill any of them if they do anything appropriately foolhardy.

I intend to use Chronicles of Darkness - prior experience is helpful but not mandatory; it’s not hard for newbies to learn and I'll do all the teaching.

We’ll be starting with the agent’s arrival in Wilton. If you’re playing a Deputy or even a State Police officer, I strongly encourage you to think about some nice human drama for citizens of Wilton; NPCs your character has crossed or wronged, NPCs who have wronged them, misunderstandings or old family grudges. Maybe your character is even a bigot - I expect everyone to treat this maturely, in any event.

Blatant references to the X-Files are fine.

@Alexandra @Cthulhu_Wakes

Last edited by a moderator:
Willing to be a officer of the state of maine if your willing to have me. 

Gotta read up on Chronichles of darkness again but I'm willing to play.

I would love to try and actually get Diane off the ground again.
Other that that, Knee Deep has given me some interesting ideas ~

tumblr_l7y39h9cv11qz9qj5o1_500.jpg

I will happily be your fifth (or sixth?) guy. 

This is totally a game I've been waiting for.  I'm up for being a Wilton Deputy or whatever is remaining.  I have a decent amount of experience with the Chronicles of Darkness system.

I will happily be your fifth (or sixth?) guy. 

This is totally a game I've been waiting for.  I'm up for being a Wilton Deputy or whatever is remaining.  I have a decent amount of experience with the Chronicles of Darkness system.

I did not see an alert for this post.

You are absolutely welcome aboard!

Awesome.  I'm glad, because I'm making a character right now.  :-)

When you said "Wilton Deputy" did you mean a Sheriff's Deputy, or a city Police Deputy?  I was assuming Sheriff, but I figured I would ask.

Sheriff. Last I checked, we had one FBI agent already done, two people potentially knife-fighting over being the other agent, one Statie, and one Deputy.

Because the State Police would operate in pairs, I'd prefer to have to rather than write an NPC partner, but two deputies also provides some great angles. So I won't push you unless it seems absolutely necessary.

Hey @SidheLives, this is that nWoD/Chronicles of Darkness game I was talking about.

EDIT: Also @Dwerth if SidheLives doesn't want it.  You two can mud wrestle over it or something.

I will be more than happy to play a state trooper.

I will start working on him today.

I'm working on mine but I'm torn on the whole merits part, said screw it and went with police tactics. 

Also weaponry but a speacalty in baton usage, or just handheld bludgeons really, hell hes using a stick that hurts like a bastard when you get hit by it. 

You did get some Professional Training, right? It's such an insanely powerful merit I've been tempted to let people have a couple dots for free in the past, because my philosophy when it comes to game design is that if almost every player always chooses the same thing at character creation to round out their character concept or function in the setting, you make it an inherent feature.

Common Sense is also not the worst choice, especially if you don't play these kind of RPs much. 

And Baton is fine as a Weaponry spec. 

oh yea, once I read it I couldn't not put atleast 2 dots in it. 

Common sense might be a good one... kinda new to this whole system and such. 

Went into investigation as well, spec for crime scenes since it felt fitting. Also i'm kinda going into school for investigations so... fits well. 

in truth I'm almost done, it's just the fluff now. 

Everything in there looks cool I'm just uncertain as to the allocation of dots.

I figured you might like some extra assistance. Is it just Merits that's proving a problem, or anything else too?

You have seven Merit Dots to spend. Each Merit has a dot value. Some vary - IIRC, Iron Stomach is a 2 Dot Merit, so if you pick that you'd have 5 dots left. Professional Training is variable - you could buy just one Dot, or as many as five. Other Dots have fixed ratings, like a version which is 2 dots or another that is 4. 

The choice of dots is handy because you can more quickly work these things out at a glance. 

The Professional Training Merit seemed inappropriate for Wilton Deputies. 

Where would you like us to submit our characters when done?

Stick 'em in the character subforum, please. Individual threads, so there's room for growth and discussion if necessary.

I've found something so horrific that I am no longer afraid of death or anything Grey has to throw at me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back