• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

'Deva' - Agent Rai'Shauni

When the light conversation ended, Rai lit up another cigarette. And of course, Ki just had to accentuate the roughness of her coughs. The big woman just shook her head, rolled her eyes and took a sip of water. The skinny teen just smirked, readjusted the flower behind her ear and took a swill from her second beer.

Rai put her water down, and pretended to busy herself by fishing out a cherry slice from her other emptied glass.
"Sooooooooooooo...?"

Ki smile softly, leaned forward and copied her sister's query, "Sooooooooooooo...? So wut up, Raaaaaaaiiiii?"

Rai smiled and crinkled her nose. The look in her eyes were not amused. They were demanding, "So. The new outfit? Shoes? Makeup? Flower...? Aaaaand you gots your nails done? That wut up. Who you meeting tonight--"

"Oh please. I'm almost 19. I don't need a babysitter. And! I especially don't need to have a reason to look nice--"

"'Elle de la Maison?!' Girl, you don't think I don't know what perfume that supposed to be? Kishy. Ki. Ki'Asia. You need to tell me who you think you seein' dressed up like that!"

"Um. No? No, I don't. If I wanna look like this then I gunna look like this! I don't need no reason, Rainy. Rai. Rai'Shauni!"

"Ey. If my little sis--"

"I'm not little anymore!! Stop treating me like--"

"Ey! EY! Listen! If MY baby sis--"

"I'm Not a BABY GODDAMMIT--"

RaiSml.jpg
Kia-Sml-3.jpg
The gunshot went off in the back room. Rai instantly leapt to the end of the table just before the first scream. Ki pressed up into her sister's back, clenching the back of her sister's tanktop for dear life and tried to make herself as little as possible and attempting to become one with Rai's back muscles. The big Agent sighed, looked over her shoulder and cocked a lone eyebrow, lips pursed together and pushed to the side. The small Paramedic smiled sheepishly, shrugged a tiny shrug and laughed an apology. "Wah...?"

Rai sighed and rolled her eyes, "You fine. Stay behind me. Away from that window. Any window. I need eyes behind me. That's you. Anything looks bad, it's bad. Anything goes wrong, don't hesitate to run, I'm two steps behind. Anyone touches you... I will rip their goddamned head off and shove it up their ass..!

"Kishy. Kishy-Kish. You in the field now. Flip the switch and you fine. Oh and if need be, my gun is hidden between the cushions too--"

"Rainy! I ain't shooting nobody--"

"If need be, I said. Now, away from the window. Someone might be hurt and they may need a paramedic. 'Shine'. That's you. Take a breath. You good, driver?"

Ki did as she was told. And like a switch was flipped she went from annoying little sister to field medic. "All good now."

But of course it was all for naught.

Rai let out a scoffing release of air, sounding like a punctured tire. She rolled her eyes and shook her head as soon as Tony sauntered in their direction. She reached into her waistband and put the safety back on her gun then re-tucked it.

"Wait? Wuuuuuut...? I thought you said your gun was between the cushions...?!"

"Kishy. I ain't letting you shoot nobody..."

Ki could not help but giggle and smack her sister's shoulder. She then straightened up and clasped her hands at her waist, a bright smile parting soft lips.

Red Devil: "Well well well....I didn't take you for the drinking type, Rai."

"Pfffffft... And I didn't take you for the kiddie ice-cream type..." Rai smirked and held out a fist for the silvery headed man to bump "should've known that was you back there causing trouble, Red..."

Red Devil: "A family member of yours I presume? Mind if I tag along?"

Ki waved before bowing respectfully, politely and most importantly gratefully. This was the man that saved her older sister's life, "Yeah, I'm Ki'Asia. But please, do call me Ki. We met in the Blue Markets. I'm the blue-headed monster's chauffeur hahahah! And my gosh, yes! Please do sit! Sit with us... Is everyone okay back there? We heard a gunshot...?"

Rai waited for Tony to answer before guiding him to be seated and passed him a menu. "I don't know who else is gunna show up, but like... we've got a table with a nice view. So what do you recommend? I'm not the pizza conoisseur you are. I'm just more of a 'just-eat-oisseur' myself..."

Ki's eyebrows popped up. Underneath the table she kicked her sister softly. Rai just made a joke. That dumbass monster actually just made a for real joke though!! Without turning her head, she caught Ki's gaze and subtlely opened her eyes wider. Ki tilted her head, smirked and popped her eyes in affirmation. Yes, she was doing just fine at doing the 'S' word. 'Socializing'. Rai hinted a smile at her lips and scrunched up her nose with grattitude. Then she side-eyed the bar. Ki popped wide her eyes in affirmation once more.

"Yeah, Rai says you know the best spots too. Ey, you want something to drink, Mr. Devil? I'll go grab you something..."

Rai declined by waving her hands, but whatever Tony ordered, Ki would happily go grab. After taking his order (or not) the girl would happily bound away.

After watching her sister scurry off, Rai turned to Tony
, "Ey. She wants to thank you for pulling my hide out of the fire. So just let her pay for everything. She wants to. Aaaand... maybe you... do deserve it.. cuz I mean... you did... y'know... afterall... anyways...!" of course Rai just could not verbalize her grattitude and instead cleared her throat then reached underneath her seat. She began fanning out some manilla folders and laid them on the table.

"Dossiers of the new STF members. Don't ask. Don't tell..." Rai reached into her pockets and surprisingly instead of a cigarette pack, she pulled out a pack of gum. Chewing gum. She unwrapped and popped one in her mouth.

"Oh, and something else that I did not include in the type up that I left in the Warehouse? That Scavenger, Sweetie Reefie? And Owenios, the blonde guy with the sunglasses? Well, apparently my sis Ki saw him freak out on Skull Face'd Reeki after her Scav Unit came to clean up on Aisle 5. Absolutely lost it she said.. And like I know my Family and "Owenios, The Man of the Blue Markets" don't get on too well, but thinking someone else could get his trust..."

Rai glanced over at the bar and watched as some people had crowded her sister. And Ki being Ki, she ate it up and just had to tell them stories and hype up her STF Ammo Agent big sister to the whole lot of them. The big woman could not help but snicker before turning back to Tony, She blew a bubble. Popped it and kept chewing.

"I mean, we could use his... 'distaste' for the Scavs as leverage. That and I'm sure he'd talk to someone amongst us... " Rai popped up her eyebrows at Tony, "..,I mean your name does go around in the Blue Markets, Red. You gots clout out there... If we want answers about that Basket-Case Muduo... just sayin' he could be our 'in'..."

A lone eyebrow raised. Then as she waited for the silvery-headed man's reply, the big woman blew a bubble, popped it and kept chewing.

Last edited:
"Pfffffft... And I didn't take you for the kiddie ice-cream type..." Rai smirked and held out a fist for the silvery headed man to bump "should've known that was you back there causing trouble, Red..."
"Don't knock it till you try it!" He replied to the blue-haired girl with a wink while pumping her fist. "Trouble tends to follow me wherever I go. Keeps my life interesting, for better or for worse." As long as the trouble is centered on him instead of other people, he's fine with it.
Ki waved before bowing respectfully, politely and most importantly gratefully. This was the man that saved her older sister's life, "Yeah, I'm Ki'Asia. But please, do call me Ki. We met in the Blue Markets. I'm the blue-headed monster's chauffeur hahahah! And my gosh, yes! Please do sit! Sit with us... Is everyone okay back there? We heard a gunshot...?"
"Ah...thought you look familiar, Ki. Don't mind if I do!" He sat down right beside Rai without any hesitation. "Oh that... some people weren't too happy with a bet and shot me in the teeth." His eyes were fixated on the sundae more than anything, with him savoring every spoonful of ice cream he got. "Didn't go too well for them," Tony said while dropping a deformed bullet on the table while smiling, showing that his teeth were very much intact. The sundae would probably do more damage to his teeth than the bullet.

Rai waited for Tony to answer before guiding him to be seated and passed him a menu. "I don't know who else is gunna show up, but like... we've got a table with a nice view. So what do you recommend? I'm not the pizza conoisseur you are. I'm just more of a 'just-eat-oisseur' myself..."
"I've only been here a few times, but the burger sliders are pretty good. I like them extra spicy, but your mileage may vary. Especially I've you can't handle the spice." That last line almost sounded like a challenge of some sort.
"Yeah, Rai says you know the best spots too. Ey, you want something to drink, Mr. Devil? I'll go grab you something..."
"Oh? And here I thought the gentlemen was supposed to buy the ladies drinks." He joked while thinking about a suitable drink. "Don't you worry about it little lady, I got everything I need right here." Tony gesture, showing a sizeable flask inside the pocket of his coat. "But could bring us some glasses, I'd be more than happy to share a drink with you two." He thought it was important to commemorate they camaraderie.
After watching her sister scurry off, Rai turned to Tony, "Ey. She wants to thank you for pulling my hide out of the fire. So just let her pay for everything. She wants to. Aaaand... maybe you... do deserve it.. cuz I mean... you did... y'know... afterall... anyways...!" of course Rai just could not verbalize her grattitude and instead cleared her throat then reached underneath her seat. She began fanning out some manilla folders and laid them on the table.
"Don't mention it, blue. I am sure many people would do the same." He patted her on the shoulder, reassuring her it was no big deal. What's the point of killing muduo if can't save people? While killing them is certainly an enjoyable activity, Tony never forgets why he does it in the first place, to save lives.

"Dossiers of the new STF members. Don't ask. Don't tell..." Rai reached into her pockets and surprisingly instead of a cigarette pack, she pulled out a pack of gum. Chewing gum. She unwrapped and popped one in her mouth.
"How resourceful..." He blurted out, opening a file to see a few new faces, while still enjoying his ice cream. He wasn't particularly interested in finding out who the other members were. As long as they were willing to cooperate towards a common goal, they were good enough, anything else would be considered a bonus.
"Oh, and something else that I did not include in the type up that I left in the Warehouse? That Scavenger, Sweetie Reefie? And Owenios, the blonde guy with the sunglasses? Well, apparently my sis Ki saw him freak out on Skull Face'd Reeki after her Scav Unit came to clean up on Aisle 5. Absolutely lost it she said.. And like I know my Family and "Owenios, The Man of the Blue Markets" don't get on too well, but thinking someone else could get his trust..."
"I feel like you're trying to imply something...." he added with a noticeable snark in his voice. Factions not getting along with each other was unheard of, but he felt like he needed more info before he made any drastic moves, so he was hesitant, to say the least.

"I mean, we could use his... 'distaste' for the Scavs as leverage. That and I'm sure he'd talk to someone amongst us... " Rai popped up her eyebrows at Tony, "..,I mean your name does go around in the Blue Markets, Red. You gots clout out there... If we want answers about that Basket-Case Muduo... just sayin' he could be our 'in'..."
"Well...part of my "clout" is because I don't ask too many questions. That being said, I am willing to ask around, if the right circumstances arise. I'll be counting on you to set up such circumstances." Despite his "Red Devil" title, he wasn't the type to ask too many questions. He does his job well, and he doesn't ask too many questions. Though he never takes jobs that he considers shady. "Does your clan have any work for me?" Their jobs were mostly good for him, nothing too shady.

• "Hot damn, I need to stretch my legs."
    Maverick Cloud
    The Man With the Plan Things had a funny habit of disappearing in Mistrol. Well, Maverick knew better than that. Things had a habit of being nicked or taken without notice. He had been one of those people, often taking things that did not belong to him. Afterwards, he used it or sold it off to someone, sometimes even to the people looking for them.

Now? Now he was on the other end of that spectrum. Dodging meeting any of the other folks from the team as well as messing with the little dossier that blue haired girl tried preparing for him--he made sure to swap in a drawing of flowers instead of the typical files and papers, which he swapped those out before tossing them into a bin--he went out for a stroll. It was better than being hounded by their supervisors for results and it was better than making pointless smalltalk or doing team-building exercises. Yuck.

Those always felt unnatural or forced. Not his style.

If he wanted to do anything like that, he would have dragged that NEET girl who lived in the labs, eating nothing but ramen and coffee. Actually, on second thought, she might have needed the exercise and fresh air, not to mention fresh food, if that was her lifestyle. Oh well, he would pick something up on the way back and leave it when she was not looking.

With his mask up and hat snug atop his head, Maverick drew his coat closer to himself as he walked the streets, keeping his eyes open for a stray calico cat. His eyes were also peeled for a film reel and a red bike, but he was betting money he would more likely find the red bike than that film reel. Still, his main goal for today at least was finding the cat. The soldier had a thing for little creatures, and it seemed much more important and much more worthwhile to find the cat than a hunk of metal.

His patrol was not much of a patrol, however. He was heading towards the residence of the person who owned the cat. Perhaps the little furball did not run so far off from home and was hiding out nearby. Or perhaps the owner knew a few tricks or anything about that cat that would lend itself to an easier time to find it or draw it out somehow, perhaps with food or a similar tactic.

Not watching people as so much the sidelines and tiny crevices where strays could hide in, his eyes glanced to and fro. Red irises flitting over people and objects with little care in observation.

"If this takes me forever, I'm not going for another walk in a long while."

He yawned under the mask before trudging forward, hands in his pockets and almost on the edge of a slouch in his gait.

'Deva' - Agent Rai'Shauni

RaiSml.jpg
"Well...part of my "clout" is because I don't ask too many questions. That being said, I am willing to ask around, if the right circumstances arise. I'll be counting on you to set up such circumstances."

Rai sat up and looked away momentarily, eyes slowly aiming towards the floor. The big Agent stopped chewing her gum and into a napkin she spat it. Twice over she folded it, before discardiing it into an empty glass. From one pocket she retrieved her cigarette pack and pulled one out with just her lips. From another pocket she retrieved her shiny lighter. A single-handed fluid, gesture opened and ignited it in one go, "Oh, you can count on more than just me for that, Red..."

"Does your clan have any work for me?" Their jobs were mostly good for him, nothing too shady.

A lone blue eyebrow slowly slid up. The big agent sat there frozen mid-motion, the dancing flame from the lighter flickering just beyond the cigarette tip. Kinetic energy was Tony's thing. Was this guy psychic too now?

"Yeah... Yeah there is actually..." Rai pulled the cigarette from her mouth and snapped close the lighter. Both the items she placed onto the table and looked at Tony levelly, "Clan Wicked has sights set on some intel. Y'know that cat that's been announced on the radio? Yeah well, my Aunties tell me that it's not just any cat. It actually might belong to him..."

As if she had done this a million times before, Rai reached a brown hand into her top and from between her cleavage she deftly pulled out a folded slip of paper. She presented Tony with the paper by gently placing it on the table in front of him.

"That 's the address. I'm sure you know your way around enough to easily find the place," a firm nod she dropped his way before leaning back and folding her arms. A smirk pulled at the corner of her lips.

"Hate on the Scavs, Red Devil's clout. And a cutie-booty kitty returned. Sounds like an 'in' to me... whaddya say...?" she unfolded her arms, reached down, and soon enough Rai was softly tapping the butt of the cigarette onto the checkerboard cloth'd tabletop and spinning the lighter in place beside it , engraved explosive-lightning-bolt-symbol side up.

The smirk and shine in her eyes lasted but for only a moment as she glanced over to see what her sister was up to. Ki was scurrying out the back door, grey-blue eyes wide. Really wide. Rai dropped the cig and lighter and groaned before standing.
"Now just where the hell that kid think she going now...? Argh... so random sometimes... Hey, Red, sit tight. Just need to do some babysitter duties. I'll be back in a sec."

A curt upwards chin nod she gave him before standing to leave. As she strode away from the table, she snatched her leather jacket and slipped it on all in one fluid motion. Out the back door she went.

As soon as she saw the large, black sedan with the shiny handles on the double suicide doors, she knew for a fact that she would not be 'back in a sec.'

Like a good little girl, she straightened herself out from top to bottom and with the utmost perfect posture, she marched over to the sedan. The back door swung open. Like a good little girl, she got in and sat without uttering a single word. A resigned sigh, then the door slammed shut with a resounding final thud.

Blue eyes forward and hands tucked neatly together on her lap, she straightened up her seated posture. Like a good little girl, she awaited to be spoken to first before speaking.

"Hello, Rai'Shauni. How is my third oldest darling doll tonight?"

"Hello, Mama. Your darling doll is well. All is well with you too, Mama?"

"Yes, my little Rainy. All is well. You are here with me now. Did the Red Devil receive the info?"

"Yes, Mama. He did. The Red Devil is a trusted ally."

"An asset before an ally always, my little Rainy. Lest we forget. Very well, Clan Wicked will deal with the fallout from here. Do not concern yourself with the asset any longer."

Rai knew better than to argue, but she would still get her point across, "Of course, Mama, I will no longer concern myself with the asset because my allies never fail."

A heartbeat passed. Oh, but the silence was deafening. Even the rumbling of the large, black sedan's engine seemed to fade away. Another heartbeat passed in silence. And another.

"Mistol has changed you ever since you left the holdings of the Immortal Lotus. It is time to come back to live in the compound. Time to come back home. Ready, my little Rainy...?"

Blue eyes flashed twice. She did not know where Ki was but she was sure she would find out soon. It was the only reason she agreed to go back home.

"Yes, Mama. Your darling doll is ready. I am looking forward to finishing all of this... Once and for all."

A smirk is all she dared. A dead-eyed glower is all she got in return.

Mama raised her hand and flicked two fingers. The large, black sedan drove off.

Last edited:

The streets were bustling like it usually was on the outer bounds of the city, people walked and talked amounts themselves, whether about simple or unsavory topics. But nobody cared what others did unless it encroached upon their territory, that was the law of this land, the law of the Blue Markets. The sky above was only lightly pink, waning into a purple-ish clear blue hue. The cat owner's home was in the distance, it wasn't a conspicuous building, in fact it was a run-down looking construct poorly tacked onto the structure below it. This was commonplace in the Blue Markets, as few people had expertise in building and rebuilding the local structures, and those who did had little interest to share it. That was the price of their freedom from Misthart Tower after all, most didn't mind.

The boxy construct had glass doors, though the glass seems to have been replaced many times already and the view of the inside was obstructed by light blue curtains the same hue as the sky. A few potted plants littered the smaller circle of the balcony, along with other items: bowls, many many bowls. They were filled with things such as clear water and pellet-looking solids, a few cats lazily lay on the balcony railing or played with the leaves of the plants. None of them was calico, however. The location's owner didn't seem to be home as the entire place was shrouded in a veil of silence.

As one walked down the narrowly constructed and chaotically built street, it would be apparent that more and more posters labeled "missing cat" was littered around the area. On walls, on fences, strung up on clotheslines, and on windowsills. It was like whoever put these posters around never considered where was the most efficient locations to place them and simply threw the fliers around in a panicked state - despite the posters clearing seeming expensive to make, as some of them were in full technicolor, there weren't many print shops in Mistol that offered that.

["Bzzt- Hello h-h-lo------ Bzzt- T-t-this is your mist density report- Bzzt-]

["Tttttoday'z is-----Bzzt-------"]

A nearby radio was stuttering broken static. The radio signal seems to be quite poor, or perhaps it was the device itself that couldn't handle the constant wear and tear of these frantically changing streets. But along the chattering of the few people and the broken radio broadcast, a distinct voice can be heard. It sounded like a young man who talked quite fast in an urgent tone.

"Sir sir sir, have you seen her?"

"No?"

"Hey there, have you seen this cat, her name is Miss Octa and she's- No? Okay."

The voice was rapidly moving from the sounds of it, it echoed between the alleyways and was a distinct one. It seems to be moving quite irregularly too and it's definitely getting closer.

Soon a rapid blue flash that nearly blends in with the sky zipped out from one rooftop to another right in front of some certain "patrolling" agents, not exactly suspicious but at least somewhat unusual. It was a familiar-looking young man, one with dusty blonde hair and ashy-toned tanned skin, he quickly adjusted the pair of sunglasses he wore as he hopped from rooftop to rooftop.

"Octa- Are you there?" The young man half rolled and half flipped down into a smaller crevice between two buildings. Once he caught eye of other people there he popped out of the alleyway and waved a photograph of a calico cat wearing a neck scarf with a light-blue to white gradient.

"Hey hey, have you seen this cat? She responds to the name Miss Octa-sometimes, and she likes chicken flavoured things, and she- actually, nevermind, have you seen her?" He asked the patrolling agents unknowing of their identity, pretty much disregarding the fact that some of them looked a bit familiar. There are more important things at hand after all.

"A cat huh?" Tony thought to himself while riding across the street. He didn't think Rai was the type of person to just disappear like that, but knowing her, she probably had a good reason to. And to think the last thing she spoke about was finding a cat. But things are rarely as they seem. "Good luck to you, Rai. Wherever you are..." He wished her the best before rushing of the address given to him by the blue-haired girl.

Right as he stopped, he could hear the voice of a young man talking to the passerby about his missing cat. But there was something else that caught his eye, the sudden appearance of a familiar blonde agent. Someone that Rai seem really hate for some strange reason. Nonetheless, he discreetly parked his bike at the nearest parking area and took off his helmet to meet the young man face to face.
"Hey there! Heard you're looking for a cat?" He said with his usual friendly smile. He turned to the other agents and gave them a friendly salute as if to acknowledge their presence. "Good day to you, fellow agents. I don't suppose you guys are here to look for the cat as well?" he said half-jokingly. Maybe they would respond well to some light banter. Either way, he didn't have a reason to be enemies with them, at least not yet.

"Sure. Might as well, be a good way to start off the day."

As far as Enoch was concerned, this whole task force was ridiculously confusing. No organization, no clear leader, it was like it had been specifically made to waste resources and send people on wild goose chases. ... That may be what it is actually for, now that he thought about it. Still, the agent has no interest in quitting now, he wanted to take a good look at whatever it entailed before dipping. If nothing else, it'd be a fun vacation from his usual work.

"We haven't seen your cat, kid, but we could help you look. Where'd you last see her, eh?"

He wasn't the best at search and rescue, admittedly, but how hard could it be to find a lost cat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back