• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Visionary Panic [OOC and Characters]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Cresion Breezes

Beta Tester of Life

CHARACTER SHEET
“Character quote.”

Appearance:
Name:
Department Transfer History:
Protective Ward:

Eye Color:
Ability Name:
Visionary Ability:
Equipment:

Personality:
General History:
Miscellaneous Info:

640x260

“Character quote here, sum up and show off their vibes.”

Appearance: (Anime/Art faceclaims only, feel free to add descriptions and other details like height, etc.)
Name:
Combat Experience: (In years, 6 month minimal training experience if they came from Misthart Tower.)
Place of Birth: (Most people in Mistol are born in Mistol, see FAQ for other places.)
Department Transfer History: (Which department was your character in before they were assigned to a task force? It is possible to be a new recruit that gets in outright, and for those that are independent/from an outside faction to join.)
Protective Ward: (Yes/No, whether or not your character chose to accept a protection ward from Misthart’s chief. This can block one instance of fatal damage and could affect how the plot goes.)

Eye Color: (Eye color when abilities activate, mostly aesthetic.)
Ability Name: (Optional, if you/your character is not the naming type.)
Visionary Ability: (Describe ability here, what it does, limitations etc. Let’s not be too overpowered now.)
Equipment: (If any, again, let’s not be too overpowered now. See FAQ for tech levels.)

Personality:

General History:
Miscellaneous Info: (Any other personal info pertaining to the character that doesn’t fit in other categories, such as likes, dislikes, hobbies, theme song etc. This is optional.)

Last edited:
Cresion Breezes Cresion Breezes Are there any powers that are automatically off-limits?
Well general RP breaking powers like time travel, long term precognition, mind reading, raising the dead etc. Nothing fundamentally broken like Marvel/DC superheroes stuff.

Anything that is spiritual in nature is best off limits. Please don't use souls or spirits as an explanation of how an ability functions, but if the effect can be removed from the explanation it's still acceptable.

An average power from shows like BnHA and Fire Force would be considered "fairly strong" and "near power ceiling" in this setting. Although I do anticipate most players being in this range.

Got an idea for a character,maybe.

Do we just drop the CS here in this thread then?
Yep, I tend to prefer CS and OOC being the same thread since that's just how I've done it, I usually make an index after enough CSs are made. But if people really hate it and want a separate CS thread I'll make one later.

Pinging the first batch of people who expressed interest here. If in a couple of days someone didn't submit a CS and didn't PM me about a character idea at all I assume they're no longer interested and will start pinging the rest of the people on the interest check. If you're no longer interested please let that be known as well so other interested people can join.

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Serei2477 Serei2477 Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Here is the discord server link, this is optional and all important updates would be added to the OOC thread. It's mainly me malding over the art and design for this RP and rambling about organizational problems if you're interested in that.

Discord

Alright time to explain this to everyone.

The reason why I wanted CSs to be posted in the OOC thread is because I have special formatting planned for the actual character thread. When enough CSs are posted and the IC is about to start, I will make a character thread and copy paste all character sheets there, along with adding a blurb for each character detailing why they were chosen to be a part of a task force. Essentially, it's an in-universe review of your character that shows how the organization perceives them IC and perhaps hint at something more is going on.

Of course, if you have any issues with the reviews issued that might be due to my OOC misinterpretation feel free to dispute it with me when the time comes.

For now, I am mentioning everyone that showed interest again here, this is bigger than I originally planned but not sure if everyone would show up and make a character, we'll see about that later.

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia ithinkcat ithinkcat Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki powerline powerline BluEndings BluEndings BFabulous BFabulous a z u l a a z u l a Davod Davod

Okey dokey, I'm working on my character now! What is everybody's idea or starting template, don't wanna step on anybody's toes.

“Just trying to make the world a safer place, one muduo at a time!”

Appearance:

GikILXXKA1C2PmuuO3xjAr5bVR-jjY48BblTnY8GzwcI1gZXtuu3xhob2Be4v0mrKBXAKYba6h14HG5P15giyGd5SJMW4fxtfhDr6S7CsP7xJYBk0NUZzB8kg02yHLXMg2Zwj_Mt

Name: Anthony “Tony” Redgrave

Combat Experience: 8 years

Department Transfer History: No formal history of enlistment, though he does tend to run into special forces members a lot during his Muduo hunts.

Protective Ward: No, he doesn't trust the guy enough. And even if he was a good person, he wouldn’t want him to get hurt on his own accord.

Eye Color: Red

Ability Name: Royal Guard

Visionary Ability: Kinetic energy manipulation, able to absorb, redirect and amplify kinetic energy. Tony is able to absorb kinetic energy, minimising the damage he receives and storing it in his body for later use. Stored energy can be released in a red pulse from his fingertips or other parts of his body. For a more concentrated form of attack, Tony channels all the excess kinetic energy into one shot.

Equipment:

Dual Pistols

Sword

Grenades

Grappling Hook

Personality:

Tony is known to be flippant and carefree in just about anything. His devil-may-care attitude is most prominent when fighting Muduos, preferring to fight in a playful manner instead of going for the kill instantly. Just because he sees it as his duty to exterminate these monsters, doesn't mean he can’t have a bit of fun along the way. That being said, when push comes to shove, he never fails to do what needs to be done.

He has a strong distaste for authority preferring to work alone as he feels protocol and bureaucracy take too much time. Though after moving into the blue market area, he does somewhat warm up to some of them.

General History:

Tony was a young visionary that used to live in the outskirts villages where he and his brother were its sole protectors after their father passed away due to mysterious circumstances. Together, their combat prowess was something to be reckoned with. However, with each passing year, the Muduo attack grew stronger and stronger. Eventually, they reached a conclusion that the waves would grow too strong for them to fight.

They decided the village needs to move before that happens. A large convoy was set up with what limited resources they had, consisting of retrofitted lorries and RVs. The journey was relatively quiet at first, but quickly ramped up in difficulty as the number of Muduo grew. Towards the end of the journey, his brother chose to stay back to act as bait towards the Muduo horde and rendezvous at the safe area. The plan worked, cutting the Muduo horde in half, making it a much more manageable obstacle.

When they finally arrived at the blue Market, his brother was nowhere to be found. His communicator couldn't seem to reach him either. Although most of the other villagers believe he probably died, his brother still waits for him till this day.

These days, Tony could be found in the outskirts, hunting any Muduo that is deemed too dangerous for simple folk while looking out for his less combat oriented companions.

Miscellaneous Info:

His favourite food is pizza

He likes saying Jackpot

Enjoys slaying Muduo stylishly, grading himself as well as other people on it.

People are like onions...they have layers, but I wonder how many layers there are in the mist?”​
7782cba017df1c276d2333c2b86188de.jpg

Appearance: Jaclyn stands at 5'5 with burgundy hair reaching just past her shoulder blades. Her sienna skin tone usually stands out because she prefers to dress in very vibrant colors that make her skin-pop. Even in uniform she usually adds or subtracts elements to customize it to her liking.
Name: Jaclyn Barrera
Combat Experience: 4 years
Department Transfer History: Officially she has worked for Sentinel for 3+ years, but unofficially she has worked with the Armament Dept. 4+ years
Protective Ward: Yes, although she isn't too happy to have it.

Eye Color: Bright Lavender
Ability Name: Space Dancer
Visionary Ability: Jaclyn is granted awareness of all space 25ft around her allowing her to teleport freely and safely within that space. She is able to teleport distances farther than that but she has to have been there before, and know exactly where she is going or she could end up in a wall or in the middle of a table. Jaclyn is also able to teleport inanimate objects that she has marked directly to her hands.

Equipment: Epilogue - Jaclyn's favorite weapon, a bolt action sniper rifle that has been customized to her specifications. She keeps attachments marked so she can adapt to the situation.
Gladius
Drill Spear

Personality: Jaclyn is seen as completely detached at worst and aloof at best. Her distance from people allows her to see the writing on the wall and pull back the layers. Although she does keep her distance when she is forced to interact with people she is actually quite kind and respectful, but people usually end up avoiding her because of her inquisitive questions.

Jaclyn prefers to judge people based on their actions and morals, rather than their position in life. She has run across quite a few people that use their positions to justify their terrible treatment of others.

General History: Jaclyn's earliest memories haunt her dreams as the cold of her cage would rake her skin. Every once in a while she will have a nightmare where she was never rescued, but thankfully she wakes to the reality of when Mu rescued her. The Immortal Lotus led a raid on a human trafficking ring within the Blue Market which led Mu to be Jaclyn's savior.

After being saved, Mu became Jaclyn's guardian and raised the child on their own. For a long time Jaclyn struggled with emotions and warming up to others, but through time Mu broke the young girl's shell then taught her everything they could. They taught her that the truth hurts, but a lie could lead the world to ruin. With the immaturity of a teenager, Jaclyn jumped at the chance to join the Immortal Lotus as a full-time member behind Mu's back, because she knew that they wouldn't allow this to happen but the young girl wanted to spread the truth to the world.

Mu was upset but backed down since it was Jaclyn's decision and she was doing relatively safe work. Over time she gained some respect for herself, rather than people just putting up with her because of Mu. Jaclyn began to pull the layers back of the Immortal Lotus and the truth she saw overtime began to break her, however, she knew this was what she was supposed to see. The murderous hobos who were masquerading as freedom fighters.

Jaclyn reported all of her findings to Mu, but each time they said their hands were tied, or the people would disappear and reappear as if nothing happened. At this point, the young woman was tired of the same song and dance and looked towards Misthart Tower for a solution. Jaclyn began to feed info to the Armament Dept. as covert as possible. When things were getting hot she framed someone else and shortly after that, she left for Misthart Tower.

Miscellaneous Info:
Is usually found sipping on iced tea or coffee
Favorite Vegetable - Onions
Favorite Food - Shrimp stir fry, but any kind is good
Her Favorite colors are seafoam blue and mint green
Hobbies - Roller Skating, Collectible card games, Photography, Makeup
Color Hex Code - #bf94e4

Last edited:
So far only three character sheets, I am thinking that 4-5 sheets would be needed at least to start the RP.

If no one contacts me or posts a CS before this Friday, I will bump the interest check and try to see if anyone else is interested.

“Truth surrounds us everywhere, all the time. How much can our eyes really see? ”

Appearance:
a04320d461c33fcab9bd4ba9dcbb5fef.jpg
Carson stands at a relaxed posture, putting her at around 5'3. Her round, pale face is framed by chopped, utilitarian black hair which reaches just above her shoulders. When not in uniform, Carson almost constantly sports large jackets, skirts, or cargo pants with high-top sneakers. Her eyes are almost always half open, but constantly darting from object to object. She rarely smiles.

Name: Carson Balford (she/her)
Combat Experience: 2 Years
Department Transfer History: Has worked as a sentinel for both years that she has served, but has begun to request unofficial shadowing sessions of logistics with greater urgency.
Protective Ward: Yes, unequivocally.

Eye Color: Indigo
Ability Name: Funhouse
Visionary Ability:
Carson can divide her physical strength into a series of mirror images of herself, which erupt in equidistant and opposite directions from her body. These images can interact with matter and will follow a very basic directive she determines, such as "warn" or "attack". The more mirrors she creates, the weaker they become, until they simply shatter under their own weight and deal cognitive damage to herself. Similarly, the mirrors can travel, but will quickly erode as the distance furthers. Presently, Carson can create two mirror images of herself and only experience a 50% dip in strength and resiliency, a net gain in fighting prowess. Conjuring mirrors is difficult repatedly, especially if the previous mirrors were not joined with Carson voluntarily.
Equipment: A reinforced studded club serves as her main weapon, but she also carries spiked stirrups on the back of her shoes, and an emergency reserve of throwing knives (4).

Personality: Carson is a quiet, reserved person, with little need or patience for petty behavior like bragging, holding grudges, or picking unnecessary fights. She's quick to let things go when they don't bother or concern her, as she is much more resolved when she's telling the truth. Do not mistake this nonchalance for laziness, however: once Carson demonstrates an interest in a topic, she very eagerly sets about in its discovery. Of course, she is still definitely a bit too quick to laze about, but that's another story. She loves anyone else with a dry wit, though she is close with few people.

As a younger employee of Misthart Tower, Carson has a bit of a chip on her shoulder, and is keen to prove her worth to those around her. She is extremely loyal to the cause, and her actions reveal that she is singularly obsessed with protecting the innocents of Mistol. To that end, she has a desperate urge to kill every Muduo she sees and protect every person. This black-and-white morality almost certainly will inhibit her on the battlefield.

General History: Carson demonstrated an aptitude as a visionary at an early age; this came as little surprise, as her father was a member of Misthart's special task force while her mother worked in the research division. Determined to see her develop in a normal and safe life, however, her parents kept her away from the life as she slowly reached adulthood. During this time, Carson had a smattering of friends, some academic prowess, and a generally stable life. All seemed well, but it was never meant to last.

A particularly hazardous mission, undergone shortly before Carson's 16th birthday, saw her father crushed to within an inch of his life. Critically wounded, the only thing that warded away his death was the portective ward given to him by the Chief of Misthart. Despite his life being spared, he was rushed to the nearest hospital in the city, missing limbs, bleeding heavily, and barely able to breathe.

The shattered state of her father irreperably damaged the integrity of the small family, which had once enjoyed a relatively normal, peaceful home. Contented meals and outings were replaced with Carson and her mother being tasked with taking perpetual care of her father, whose experience had rendered him permanently traumatized, and more often than not a silent, soulless husk. The ordeal took a toll on Carson's mother, who became firm, stiff, and distant. Despite all of these changes though, the one thought that never left Carson's mind was "I still have him. He's still alive." After a year of waiting, Carson signed on to Misthart's Sentinels, to little protest from her mother and father (who perhaps didn't even notice all that much). She is determined to ensure that nobody ever lose someone they care about again.

Miscellaneous Info
:
Hobbies:
- Reading
- Shopping
- Locating expensive sweets
- Skateboarding
- Martial Arts (Kickboxing)

Dislikes:
- Fish
- Harsh Sunlight
- S P I D E R S

Now that we have 4 character sheets I'm going to be working on the new lore thread with more detailed faction information, as well as the in universe database styled character thread. Volume 2 of FAQs that are actually FAQs is also in the works.

New concept art and npc designs pertaining to the first arc are also going up soon. Currently I dump all random/scrapped stuff in discord but I would make a thread on RPN for art of this RP, I just haven't because it feels too unrelated but I did scrap some things I thought were cool but it just didn't fit.

Character creation is still open and anyone who's interested is welcomed, PM me if you have questions or ask them here.

Character creation is still open and anyone who's interested is welcomed, PM me if you have questions or ask them here.

Hi!

Lol eyeball eaters. Love that and so vibin with the aethetic! Wow you are one very talented artist!

Is it cool if i drop off an app here then? Or should I post interest in the Check thread first?

Hi!

Lol eyeball eaters. Love that and so vibin with the aethetic! Wow you are one very talented artist!

Is it cool if i drop off an app here then? Or should I post interest in the Check thread first?
Feel free to just post the character here, join discord, ask other things etc, interest thread is only tentative after all.

With that it'll be four characters again (as one person decided to drop) so we'll be back on track.

'Deva' - Agent Rai'Shauni

“If you can't do it... Fine. I'll kill them all by myself then.”

She really jacked now...

battle-Rai.jpg

Blue-hair-muscle-girl.jpg

'Miss Devastation' - Rai'Shauni of Clan Wicked

Appearance:
5''11" / 168lbs / Blue Hair / Blue Eyes / Brown Skin
Rai is a strong girl who holds peak physical fitness in high regard. She only wears dark eye makeup to help accent the glare that seems to be firmly stamped upon her face. She keeps her hair long but usually likes to keep at least half her face shrouded by bangs or loose blue locks. Style-wise she is function over form and will either be seen in workout gear or a simple athletic look. But she is quick to change into her battlefield gear and keep it on until the sirens stop blaring out across the pink skies.

Name: "Rai" / "Deva" / Rai'Shauni of Clan Wicked (former surname was Calvillo-Holmes)
Combat Experience: 5 years
Place of Birth: Mistol City (Bluemarkets)

Two years as part of the Battle Angels for the Lotus. After joining a coalition strike force with both Lotus and Special Forces alike, Rai was recruited into the Spec-Ops Task Force: FiendBreakers. She was with them for 3 years mostly playing role of stealth/assassin, but after a failed sortie, the FiendBreakers went their separate ways.
Protective Ward:
No. Misthart might paint himself as some kind of Messiah of Mistol, but Rai is Lotus through and through. He can take his efforts to interfere with his 'underlings' and suck it.

Eye Color
: Electric Blue with White Lightning Lines
Ability Name: Wicked Hold
Visionary Ability:
Rai has weaponized her telekinetic ability. She may telekinetically affect things at twice her strength. She has a 100ft range and must be able to see what physical thing she intends to affect. Regardless of grasping, pushing, carrying, striking, throwing, etc, once 'touched' she no longer has to look at it since she has a 'hold' on it. The way she uses her power is as if she is using two invisible giant claws each of which is as big and strong as she is. She may interact with multiple things, but the further away or the more things she interacts with, the less force she may affect on it.
When in battle, she has mastered integrating telekinesis into her martial arts styles, using forms of flight, leaps, holds, enhanced strikes, multiple telekinetic claw slashes, long distance hits, throws, environment/loose items to her advantage. The remains of her enemies and surrounding area has given her her nickname "Deva" as in 'Devastation.'

Equipment:
  • Twin Combat Daggers - Miki and Daya
  • Shurikens (Multiple Shapes and Sizes)
  • Standard issue sidearm
  • Standard issue combat knife
  • Combat fatigues (or Stealth Gear) and goggles
  • Smoke grenades and flash bangs.
  • Night Vision goggles
  • Binoculars
  • Shiny Lighter
  • No comms tho cuz reasons...
Personality:
+ Tenacious, Goal-Oriented, and Detail-Oriented
+ Perceptive, Reliable, and Keeps her word
+ Daring, Actions speaks louder, Hard-working
- Revels in violence, Cares Not for collateral damage, Picky about team mates habits
- Piss and Vinegar Snark, Reluctant to give Praise and Still holds a torch for FiendBreakers Squad.
- Does what she wants when she wants, Undermines authority, Would rather exercise than socialize.

General History:

Rai, her siblings and cousins were all communally raised by Rai's single mom and her mom's sisters in a housing project near the Bluemarkets region. All the parental females were zealots in the fight against the Muduo and firm believers in the fall of Misthart Towers. They were all raised and home schooled in the mindset of warrior, shadow, survivor. Boy or girl, they were basically brainwashed into the doctrines of the Calvillo-Holmes females. In fact, Rai'Shauni's mom probably murdered her dad and even if the girl found out, she would not care. At his funeral service, Mama said the guy was not worthy to even spit on. Mama's word is her bond.
As part of daily rituals, all children were encouraged to reach within and find their 'Way.' Rai was one of the children that found their Way at a young age and so she was propped up by the families as a lead Visionary. A prize was she for the families and so she was trained in all three ways of Warrior, Shadow, and Survivor. Her families' 'business focus' changed with the times and thus they decided to side with an upstart movement. They were now running their business endeavours tied to the name of the Immortal Lotus. And under that banner Rai was taught to earn her keep.
The girl joined the Immortal movement and found work via one of Mama's contacts. Still a teen, she was nonetheless introduced to the front lines as a member of the Battle Angels. Not only did she survive her baptism of fire against the Muduo but she did so with flying bloody colours. Of course, by now her mind was honed into the ways of a killer and coupled with her Telekinetic ability and combat training, she was a much sought after mortal-weapon. Her Wicked Hold ability was becoming a new martial arts style that she quickly mastered. And just as quick, family members began to focus more upon integration of their own Visionary abilities into their families martial arts styles. And soon enough, the Calvillo-Holmes families became known as the Clan Wicked sect in the Bluemarkets.
The Muduo attacks intensified and so a coalition was formed between many members of Lotus and Misthart. Rai was known as Deva by now and her name and reputation was on full display during several battles. In fact, a high-ranking member of a Special Ops Task Force team was so impressed by the young woman that she specifically invited Rai to join. And in a heart beat, Rai joined Laila Desanctorum. The young woman was promptly hired on and eagerly welcomed into the highly esteemed FiendBreakers.
For three years she thrived as a murderous mortal-weapon against the Muduo. Even though she was mostly a shadow warrior on the squad, Deva still got satisfactory numbers of kills during sorties. Yet recently, after an unfortunate accident on the battlefield, several members of the FiendBreakers were killed and shortly thereafter the squad was disbanded. Each member was recruited to various other special forces teams and now Deva finds herself as a new recruit to this current squad.

Miscellaneous Info:
~Keeps in touch with family but avoids going back to the Clan Wicked territory
~Wears headphones while working out but doesn't play music, just likes the calming 'underwater' sound of the world.
~Hisses when she is upset.
~Doesn't have a great sense of humour but may be caught smiling when she hears a pun or silly wordplay.
~Doesn't talk a lot but when no one is looking she will 'cutesie talk' with animals
~Doesn't like noisy people or those who talk a lot, but amused by a good storyteller
~Doesn't drink/get high cuz she don't wanna let her guard down and socialize, especially with the cute girlies
~Pressured to marry and inbreed with another Clan Wicked family member was major reason she willingly joined FiendBreakers
~Likes blowing bubbles when chewing gum and is a tell tale sign she is relaxed around you
~Will side more with those who are openly critical/cynical of Misthart
~When music plays, unconsciously her invisible telekinetic 'claws' will dance along to the music.
Post Basket-Case Attack.
~Buys cigarettes exclusively at Ol' Uncle Yoricks place (has a soft spot for the ol' dude now that she reconnected with her baby sis shhhhh).
~Traumatized by encounter with 'Basket-Case' Muduo and has worked on her 'Way' and increased in strength, speed and stealth (...and teamwork making the dream work shhhh)
~secretly donated some of her current earnings to Immortal Lotus (...and even more secretly to an animal shelter after the attack shhhhhh)

Last edited:
Yeah we could fight... orrrrrrrr

Appearance:
1644354233207.png
Name: Ryan Potra
Combat Experience: 5 Years
'Community Service'
Protective Ward: Yes

Eye Color: Black with Crimson Spirals
Ability Name: Archive of My Own
Visionary Ability:
Archive of My Own records anything that makes a significant impression on Ryan. Ryan can then manifest that memory as physical phenomena. This ranges from people, to Mudou to even other abilities. He has no control over what it remembers. Nor can he necessarily control what he creates. Rather he simply recreates the phenomenon as it occurred. He is unable to recreate Mudou with power greater than mankind nor can he every aspect of a copied ability if he hasn't witnessed it being used in such a way.
Equipment:
.Double Barreled Revolver
.Paired Bayonets
.Smoke Bombs

Personality:
Ryan is a pretty amicable person. He treats people fairly and never raises his voice unless pressed. While by no means a pacifist or a coward. Ryan isn't really one for fights. To him, fights usually mean his life is at risk. Which is pretty much the most precious thing in such a chaotic world. So he tends to avoid any major conflicts in favor of staying on the sidelines. However if forced into a fight. Ryan prefers to end things as quickly as possible to minimize danger to himself. Having grown up in the outskirts of society. Blood and grime are no stranger to his everyday life. While critical of big governments. Ryan ultimately sees their potential for keeping the peace in the face of lawlessness and Mudou attacks.

General History:
Ryan was one of the many orphans who had lost his parents to a Mudou attack. Both of his parents were Visionaries who had served the Immortal Lotus. Although not much is known about them. Ryans parents were supposedly high in the hierarchy of the organization. Taken in by a blind Visionary named Mama Jude. His childhood was spent learning how to navigate the outskirts of society. Although blessed with an ability that held great potential. Ryan wasn't really the most gung ho about fighting. However when you don't necessarily have the safety of rule enforcement to protect you. Risk is the only way to obtain reward. Ryan became renowned for his marksmanship and gun-slinging talents. This led to a string of jobs involving a lot of lead and gunsmoke. Eventually he was forced to shoot an undercover Sentinel in self defense. This led to his arrest by Armament Division. Taking note of his particular talents. Ryan was offered an opportunity to work of his sentence by joining a special taskforce.

Miscellaneous Info: N/A

Yes, her full name is cheezy. But she loves it because she is named after her parents and she loves them. Her dad was an Armament public servant in the search and rescue division and earned many honours and earned the nickname: "Courage." Her mom was a lead investigator for an agency in the Sentinels who was renonwn for her 'Cheshire' ability but her dad re-worked it into a pet name and called her mom "Cherish." And as a child of government 'soldiers' CC was raised as such. And she flourished due to her work ethics, ambitions and parental backing.​

Both her parents were discharged honourably due to severe injuries but still worked in clerical/admin capacity in their respective fields. Yet "Tripsi" as her folks called her, wanted to follow in their footsteps and protect the citizens from the Muduo attacks. At a young age, she joined the summercamps backed by Misthart funding and found she enjoyed their teachings and activities. At first opportunity, she joined as a cadet and entered into education at the closest junior academy. It was here where her fledling ways of using her powers turned into full on flight. Academically she was not the brightest, but physically the girl was considered a generational talent even at this age. Nearly all sports she played, she excelled, but in particular swimming and cycling.​

((I don't know how powers manifest, but for now i'mma say that during junior academy is when they taught her to use her flight power properly))

Okay, I appreciate the detailed history and it's mostly fine, but one major thing (that will be plot relevant) is that Misthart is not at all a militaristic organization. The only militaristic parts of it are the armament department and some special task forces, but these specifically deal with more human threats rather than Muduo.

Misthart also does not back education and development programs of visionary powers, they just pay very well to people who are capable. There may be private programs that sprung up due to visionary being like the best job in the city, but Misthart itself doesn't have any form of "visionary academy", everyone has to make it on their own.

If you noticed I specifically used the terms "employed, employees" etc when describing visionaries, because that is what they are, they're not soldiers, they are employees. For normal visionaries there are no concepts like discharged or cadets, it's more like interns, resignation, being fired, or retiring and taking a pension, etc. Basically, it's a normal job not the military, it just happens to be fighting stuff. There are visionary full timers, part timers, freelancers, commission based jobs. It's either a day job or more like bounty hunting.

Yes you can be arrested if you screw up badly enough, but it's not "discharged" per say, it's just being fired or suspended.

Power manifests differently for people, some just have it since birth, some randomly gets it as they grow up, some unlock it during stress. This world's super powers are kind of unique because it is very difficult for other people to teach someone how to use their powers specifically, it is possible but it's more like "teaching self teaching skills".

I know a lot of this seems counter intuitive and doesn't make sense but I swear it's plot relevant and relates to the true story behind the world, for example it would not make sense for Misthart to make a visionary academy if you find out what they truly are, not being militaristic relates to the history of the city's real founding story etc.

Yeah we could fight... orrrrrrrr

Appearance:
View attachment 956209
Name: Ryan Potra
Combat Experience: 5 Years
'Community Service'
Protective Ward: Yes

Eye Color: Black with Crimson Spirals
Ability Name: Archive of My Own
Visionary Ability:
Archive of My Own records anything that makes a significant impression on Ryan. Ryan can then manifest that memory as physical phenomena. This ranges from people, to Mudou to even other abilities. He has no control over what it remembers. Nor can he necessarily control what he creates. Rather he simply recreates the phenomenon as it occurred. He is unable to recreate Mudou with power greater than mankind nor can he every aspect of a copied ability if he hasn't witnessed it being used in such a way.
Equipment:
.Double Barreled Revolver
.Paired Bayonets
.Smoke Bombs

Personality:
Ryan is a pretty amicable person. He treats people fairly and never raises his voice unless pressed. While by no means a pacifist or a coward. Ryan isn't really one for fights. To him, fights usually mean his life is at risk. Which is pretty much the most precious thing in such a chaotic world. So he tends to avoid any major conflicts in favor of staying on the sidelines. However if forced into a fight. Ryan prefers to end things as quickly as possible to minimize danger to himself. Having grown up in the outskirts of society. Blood and grime are no stranger to his everyday life. While critical of big governments. Ryan ultimately sees their potential for keeping the peace in the face of lawlessness and Mudou attacks.

General History:
Ryan was one of the many orphans who had lost his parents to a Mudou attack. Both of his parents were Visionaries who had served the Immortal Lotus. Although not much is known about them. Ryans parents were supposedly high in the hierarchy of the organization. Taken in by a blind Visionary named Mama Jude. His childhood was spent learning how to navigate the outskirts of society. Although blessed with an ability that held great potential. Ryan wasn't really the most gung ho about fighting. However when you don't necessarily have the safety of rule enforcement to protect you. Risk is the only way to obtain reward. Ryan became renowned for his marksmanship and gun-slinging talents. This led to a string of jobs involving a lot of lead and gunsmoke. Eventually he was forced to shoot an undercover Sentinel in self defense. This led to his arrest by Armament Division. Taking note of his particular talents. Ryan was offered an opportunity to work of his sentence by joining a special taskforce.

Miscellaneous Info: N/A

This is fine but jesus child solider warning, but this is anime so whatever.

The Immortal Lotus mostly have no hierarchy, they have an inner circle that is the original purpose, they are more peaceful and investigates the government. They also have an internal splinter faction is probably more hierarchal (and also violent, doing actual crimes not relating to investigating the government). So it's up to you which part of the Immortal Lotus his parents would be from.

PS. The lore thread is up

New information as such:

A new faction, the religion of Mistol
Information of the figureheads/leaders of the Immortal Lotus and Blue Markets
New logos (does this even count)
FAQ vol.2 with chosen questions asked to me from discord

In universe character reviews for earlier characters would be up tomorrow, and it's all gonna be ominous

Feel free to discuss any preexisting relationships and impressions of each other's characters, and ask about plot stuff, and rant, basically anything I want to keep the ooc active pls no let another rp die on me.

Okay, I appreciate the detailed history and it's mostly fine, but one major thing (that will be plot relevant) is that Misthart is not at all a militaristic organization. The only militaristic parts of it are the armament department and some special task forces, but these specifically deal with more human threats rather than Muduo.

Power manifests differently for people, some just have it since birth, some randomly gets it as they grow up, some unlock it during stress. This world's super powers are kind of unique because it is very difficult for other people to teach someone how to use their powers specifically, it is possible but it's more like "teaching self teaching skills".

The Immortal Lotus mostly have no hierarchy, they have an inner circle that is the original purpose, they are more peaceful and investigates the government. They also have an internal splinter faction is probably more hierarchal (and also violent, doing actual crimes not relating to investigating the government). So it's up to you which part of the Immortal Lotus his parents would be from.
K so I changed my charrie up to Immortal Lotus then.

As for powers, I just had it that she manifested early and that her family tried some kind of 'power of belief' ritual to 'unlock' the powers. Not saying that it did but the family sure thought so lol.

I had Rai's family be part of the violent, hierarchal ones that want Misthart to fall but left it open ended as to how they actually oppose government.

Let me know if this all good k?

K so I changed my charrie up to Immortal Lotus then.

As for powers, I just had it that she manifested early and that her family tried some kind of 'power of belief' ritual to 'unlock' the powers. Not saying that it did but the family sure thought so lol.

I had Rai's family be part of the violent, hierarchal ones that want Misthart to fall but left it open ended as to how they actually oppose government.

Let me know if this all good k?
Oh god I never meant for you to completely change the character, I just needed some change in the terminology and small details to make it fit with the general setting.

The Immortal Lotus actually only existed for like 15-ish years. But I'm also in the process of rewriting the faction's plotline due to a lot of unexpected heavy PC involvement with them.

I don't want people to change their characters too much because of me, but it's also possible for you to make an independent faction, the amount of detail you put in character backstories are actually very suited for a player made faction! It's up to you in the end though whether or not you want to do that.

The more violent part of the Immortal Lotus is actually created/first mentioned by BFabulous BFabulous , so I'm also consulting them about the character as well.

Last edited:
Oh god I never meant for you to completely change the character, I just needed some change in the terminology and small details to make it fit with the general setting.

The Immortal Lotus actually only existed for like 15-ish years. But I'm also in the process of rewriting the faction's plotline due to a lot of unexpected heavy PC involvement with them.

Let me know if you really want to keep her and her family history with them, I don't want people to change their characters too much because of me, but it's also possible for you to make an independent faction just fyi. It's up to you.

The more violent part of the Immortal Lotus is actually created/first mentioned by BFabulous BFabulous , so I'm also consulting them about the character as well.
K yeah all good. This girlie fits with the more edgy vibe I get from the roster anyways lol. Right. So like just some changes for her story then. Born near Bluemarkets and had her family join in with the Lotus when they still forming to connect her backstory to the Lotus. Pretty much a criminal family still so fits the Bluemarkets MO and name change to 'Clan Wicked.'

Let me know if that fits better k

K yeah all good. This girlie fits with the more edgy vibe I get from the roster anyways lol. Right. So like just some changes for her story then. Born near Bluemarkets and had her family join in with the Lotus when they still forming to connect her backstory to the Lotus. Pretty much a criminal family still so fits the Bluemarkets MO and name change to 'Clan Wicked.'

Let me know if that fits better k
I actually didn't expect the cast to be this edgy overall but then again it's also par for the course to expect a very edgy cast for any anime RP so I sort of did. Variety is nice but if people want to be edgy I let them be edgy.

There is one more person that contacted me who I'm expecting a sheet from, if they post it soon I'll start up the RP offical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back