• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Villains & Heroes III: New Wave

archur

watch for the flash
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Villains & Heroes III: New Wave

• It has been only a few years since the subterranian invasion of MegaMetro. Lord Magicor, hellbent on releasing the devil to let loose upon the city, found the devil was no red impish figure, and he didn't want to help Magicor at all, the wizard's escape splitting his soul in twine, and leaving the members of The Devil's Cult leaderless. With the head of the snake sliced clean in two with a single misstep, the cult dissolves, captured or killed, or even reintegrating back with society, hoping to forget all that had happened.

The police had investigated the entryways that the cultists had used to secretly and suddenly infiltrate the city. Many of these sites have been cemented over, or bricked up, but a few have been made public memorials and tourist locations, allowing civilians to enter and take the route that the cultists did as they rushed through the underbelly of the city. Of course, it had been defanged, with many magical artefacts and other paraphernalia confiscated from where they laid, either littered on the ground from the rush to invade the city above, or from the shelves they had been forgotten on.

Once again, the villains of MegaMetro were defeated, destroyed, forced down again for their evil antics by the heroes of the city, through power, tactics, or sheer luck. The heroes have prevailed over evil, again. They are paraded for their efforts, however futile they actually were in the end against Magicor himself, and the unsavoury figures of the night slink back to the shadows whence they came from, the next three months being on the decline for crime and other illegal activities. After all, fighting the heroes right after they stopped somebody that had the power and influence to journey to hell, and commune with the devil himself speaks volumes to what they are truly capable of. However, some villains aren't quite impressed. Sure, the petty smalltime criminals robbing banks and stealing cars would have to straighten their backs as the triumphant heroes roamed the street, making sure everything was up to par, and recruiting the next generation that would come after them, but still, evil bubbles under the streets, waiting to boil over and take the city by storm once again.

Now, the year is 2026, and a surge of great power has washed over the land of Heroica, magical power. Power unrestrained, and willing to be plied and granted to any, for a cost. Some have been offered this power by an unknown force, and others find strange items suddenly in their possession. With all sorts of new powered individuals popping up all around MegaMetro, the villain group known as Followers of the Black King had been accruing members from the ranks of those who find themselves with new powers with the promise of destruction and total power under their control, just for the simple pledge to the Black King's service. Heroes find themselves struggling to recruit the next generation to replace them in the future, especially after the Black King's public declaration of absolute thrall of MegaMetro if those with new abilities were to pledge allegiance to him, and only him. The forces of good however, still roam the night to defend those who can't.

Which of these new powered individuals will help or hinder the heroes? Who'll rise to the occasion and bring justice to the mysterious figure spreading rampant and chaotic power across the land? Will the city fall to these sporadic attacks, or will the heroes prevail over darkness again? Fate determines the victors, and only time will tell when it's all over.

The sands of time shift and change, faces are forgotten, memories fade. Sift through them, and you will find heroes, villains, but time erases all of that. What lies? What is left?

Only time will tell.

What is Villains and Heroes?

Villains and Heroes is a roleplay about superhumans brawling it out in the city of MegaMetro, a fictional place, on a fictional planet, in a fictional solar system, in a fictional galaxy, in a fictional universe, with fictional cosmic entities overseeing it, with non-fictional people writing about it, those non-fictional people being you and me! The setting will take place in the aforementioned MegaMetro, a city in the heart of Heroica, a city full of business and opportunity! Everyone, or at least most everyone, in MegaMetro wants to live there, and is relatively happy to be there. Technology is peaking, and new discoveries happen every day in the prosperous city. It's wonderful to live there, except there's one thing about it...

What's the mystery behind MegaMetro?

Just about 45% of all people who live there are super-human in some way. They aren't just your average Joe, they can fly to amazing heights, zip back and forth with incredible speed, shoot fire from their very palms, and so, so much more. Some of these people choose to be heroes! Fighting for justice where no others can. Others? Villains, serving their own ends with their powers, just because they can. Everyone else stands on the sidelines and watches, unswayed by the promise of power or the burden of duty, choosing instead to keep it hidden until they feel the time is right.

What does that mean for me?

You, are that 45%. There's nothing more to it, besides from donning your gear, and heading to the streets to fight some crime, or cause some chaos. However, I will ask that before creating your first villain, you create your first hero. Heroes will always be fighting villains, for the end of time, and it's important that we always have teams of heroes populating the streets of MegaMetro before we flood it with villains, capiche?

This is V&H III. What about the other two?

Well, since this is part of a hosted project, you can always check them out there! Most of the RP will be located in the appropriately labelled threads, and the previous archives will always be available, but not able to be posted in. Most of what happened in the other two can be read for yourself at your leisure, but I will summarize the events of the most recent V&H.

The Devil's Cult, a large collection of followers under the great sorcerer Lord Magicor, take the city by storm from secret passageways underneath the city. The heroes are called upon to defend the city from just about everywhere! The stakes are dire, and with tanks rolling along the city streets, things seem desperate for the hardy heroes. It was when Magicor's true intentions were revealed, did the heroes realize what they were about to bear witness to. Magicor's plan was to bring the Devil from Hell to MegaMetro, and conquer everything that was under the sun. Though the efforts of the heroes were great, they failed to stop his evil ritual, and opened a portal straight from MegaMetro to Hell, where the grand sorcerer entered. There, he found not a red impish figure, complete with tail and pitchfork, but a flaming figure of fire and rage. With his plan in shreds, Magicor ran back to the portal from whence he entered, only to be bisected as it shut on him, the ritual ending just as he went to leave. His soul, and body, left in two, the Devil's Cult dispersed all over MegaMetro. With the defeat of Magicor, the heroes rejoice.

Cool, huh?

So, The Devil's Cult is done, and now there's this 'Black King' guy?

Yes, the Black King, and his loyal followers. They'll be one of the primary antagonists for New Wave, with much of the story involving them in some shape or form. The leader of course, is a figure known as the Black King, whose powers of magic and other strange and dangerous artifacts ensure his future rule over MegaMetro, and soon the world. He aims to enlist new people into his band of miscreants and only the heroes can stop him and his numerous hordes.

Many messages have been planted all across MegaMetro for those with power to swear allegiance to him, and him alone, and that together they can conquer MegaMetro entirely. The mayor dismisses these messages as nothing more than that, fear tactics. Some believe it's a little more than that, but only time will tell.

When does the RP all take place?

2026, V&H II and I took place in 2025 and 2015 respectively.

You've got me sold. Where do I toss my dollars at? go now?

Well, it's a hosted project, so I do suggest joining it here: Pop!

We've also got a discord, feel free to join! Zapow!

Once you've joined the HP, read up on some of these before making a character. It'll explain most of MegaMetro, and the other weird words that I'm tossing about, like "Heroica" and "Oberon". Click about here for MegaMetro: Zigazagazoo! And here for Greater Geography: Bupbaboozle!

Remember, afterwards you need to make a character sheet here: Silly noise here.

Don't go! I've got more questions!

Don't be afraid to contact me directly if you want answers to those questions, or to simply read my nonsense in the voice of Morgan Freeman. Ah! Ah! I gotcha! Now you're reading this in Morgan Freeman's voice. Ha, ha.

We hope to see you in New Wave!

I recently found a great source of inspiration from these guys, The Letters Page, check them out sometime superhero fans!

Good stuff there. Bump!

NOTE: Ownership of the RP has returned to me, and we’re going to set New Wave in a Discord format. I realize people seeing this may not care much about Discord, but if you still are interested in joining the Discord RP, message me. Standards will still be the same if it’s a Discord RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back