• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Village Legends (a slice of life RP)

Thinslayer

Once upon a time in a faraway land, there lived many gallant heroes who set off on grand adventures and epic quests.

You aren't one of them.

No, you're a villager, one of the unnoticed peons who sells items to these heroes to aid them on their journeys. It's not the most glorious life, but it pays well. Your village, named Diamont, is situated right on the border between your home country of Aetherion and the barbaric nation of Moloch. The Aetheri and the Molochi have been at each other's throats for eons, and by now they've started sending master battlemages to the front lines.

Suffice it to say, it's not a situation you really want to get caught up in if you can help it.

How do you want to live your life? Do you want to continue living the easy life, selling quest items to adventurous heroes and making a living with friends (or family), or do you want to join the fray and make a name for yourself? The choice is yours.

------------------------

LORE

Let us draw you a mental picture of the continent. On the southeast coast sits Aetherion, where you live. On the northeast coast and bordering Aetherion sits Moloch. The two nations were once joined under the name Moloc'Therion, but a long period of strife pulled them apart.

The Imperium dominates the remainder of the continent. They were once a great nation of builders and conquerors, but they have since devolved into a savage and bloodthirsty bunch undeserving of the moniker 'civilization'. A form of civilized society lives on there along with the infrastructure, but it's not enough to keep the Imperium intact.

Suffice it to say that they're too busy killing each other to bother with the other nations breaking off. Yes, a story once took place there, if you were wondering.

Further off the east coast lies the Coronal Islands. Its people are dark-skinned, mongoloid, and quite advanced compared to the rest of the world. Their nation is one of the more peaceful, which is problematic for certain members of its youth, who satisfy their lust for action by either emigrating to warmongering nations or selling their services as mercenaries.

But back to our country. Aetherion is a deeply religious nation, where prophets and priests hold more sway than the Star Council. Most people here believe in a pantheon of gods, who in time past are said to have controlled the fate of the world and guided it to its present state. Magic generally depends on intimate communion with the gods, though there are some sects that can pull it off using only the human soul.

Technology is roughly Renaissance level. Melee weapons have just about reached their peak, and gunpowder weapons are starting to take root. Powered machines are becoming more and more commonplace, and common people have greater access to them. The typical middle class merchant carries a rapier, flintlock pistol, and pocketwatch, while the average soldier wields a pike and suit of armor made of factory-forged steel.

The typical home is reasonably comfortable. You'll unlock your door and step inside to find your servant cooking lunch on a wood-fired stove with a pie baking in the oven. If it's getting dark out, you can pile some more coal into the generator and switch on the wall-mounted light. At night, set your alarm clock and read a book before falling asleep in your comfy feather bed.

It's a good time to be alive.

Now who's interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you can adventure if you like but it has to be from the perspective of a normal person? I kind of like it.

Sadly I'm going to have to say no but I hope you don't mind if I watch.

The idea was actually to let players live a normal life in a fantasy setting, but to then throw them into an adventure without all the benefits of being a 'chosen hero' or anything.

The specifics of how that happens are a story secret. ;)

Wow, this RP idea must be really unpopular...

Bump.

Hmmm, not many people few a fantasy RP from this angle. Might be worth a shot if you get a bit more lore behind it, set in stone plot, more room for character development, Etc. If you need any help just let me know! I've ran quite a few detailed Rp's and know how all this works.

Also, if this WERE to become a thing, what level would it be?

Thinslayer said:
Just an interest check thus far, considering its unpopularity. :(
It was popular on CYS...
Well, the kind of players your fishing for are unusual. Just be patient.

What is CYS anyway?

CYS refers to ChooseYourStory.com, which has an extensive forum gaming segment in addition to its library of custom Pick Your Path games.

Its level would technically be casual, but it's actually a serious game, and one-liners are discouraged. It's hard to imagine as a detailed game, though. I'd put it at intermediate.

I already have a good bit of lore worked out. I should update the OP.

Check out the updated OP.

I'm interested, as long as I can play an old coot who asks adventurers for favors and then gives them "some flappin' valuable trinket-mabobbers!" (random rocks he thinks looks cool) in return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back