• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Verdun (Still accepting.)

Little gasmask

Your annoying communist neighbour
It is the 25th February 1916. The French army are suffering heavy casualties on the western front. The Germans are definitely holding tight on their trenches. The 10 hour mortar fire devsated the French morale. With the heavy fog and rain the Germans simply destroyed the resistances and took took fort Bois des caura. The French prime minster makes a call to arms as the Alpenjäger division were advancing towards Paris. The first line of defense was broken and the french fortified the second and third line.  However it was hard as the 72nd and 51st battalion lost 60% of their men in the 10 hour strike. It took 3 hours and those battalions were watching from the opther side or running to the 4th line. The french artillary was as silent as a public libary. The Light infirntry(Alpenjäger) simply came to fort Douaumount only to see it was empty. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0013B80E00000258-0-image-a-15_1455929426192.jpg

If you are a history nerd like me check this out

OOC

Charactor sign up

https://www.rpnation.com/topic/265298-verdun-cs/

Last edited by a moderator:
Flavien was waiting by the train cart. He was waiting for his squad to come. While waiting flavien was thinking of how lucky he is that he is a NCO and won't have to charge at the enemy machine guns to be slaughtered like a dog. Flavien looked up and saw some men in uniform commintg his was. He grinned as he though to himself how cruel he can be to them or how nice. Flavien but his hat back on in a such a way that it covers his eyes. He wished he did a way before, the horrible images of him and his past squad charging. All the men losing limbs and heads, All the screaming, Flavien started questioning his sanity. He lifted the cap again and saw the men closer now.

"Fresh meat. In you go come on." He exclaimed as he opened the train cart.

@John Raptorfist @communistic chair

Albert was standing by the train and he saw the NCO. The NCO told him " well done young man at least you are not a coward." Albert thought in his head about this sentence, soon the train arrived. I entered the train which was beautiful but stinky.  I put down my rifle and waited for my squadmates to come. The chair  was comfortable as I took the first-class seat.

He saw a young man come in. He was better then nothing as most of his old squad was old people who could not run. Flavien looked around for anyone to else and though  to wait a bit. While waiting he called the young boy to him. "Oi ya wanker get your ass over here." 

Taking a cautious step down into the musty, yet ornate traincar, Eneko's brown eyes darted around. Some older men were there, as well as one younger man. Adjusting the rifle strap that was slung around his shoulder, the young Basque took a step forward. The floor of the train seemed to creak under his footfall and made Eneko question the structural integrity of the mighty machine. He could identify the higher ranking squad leader by his hat as he stepped closer. "Bonjour." Eneko spoke up in his best French. "Am I in the right car by chance?"

@Little gasmask

Flavien saw 1 more man come up to the train cart. He replied "Bonjour." back as he noticed the rifle firmly strapped upon his back. "Yes this is the right car."  said as he took a last glance around too see if anyone else is coming. Flavien went forward to the train driver to say everyone is ready. He proceeded to go inside the train cart and close the door. "ALRIGHT men lets start our journey" Flavien started to introduced himself and the train started slowly moving.

Well I got out of the train cart and saw a land of dead trees and plants. I hear far the guns shooting and shells exploding. it was horrific to hear these things. Now me and the army were marching to trenches 

Eneko respectfully dipped his head to the higher up before grabbing the seat in front of him to steady himself as the great metal behemoth jerked to life. They really weren't wasting any time, were they? As the young Badque swung himself into a seat, he wondered were they would be going to fight the Germans, and of course, if he'd be coming back. The mere thought of dying out there made Eneko shiver. "Where exactly are we going, anyway?" He asked the squad leader. 

@Little gasmask

(yo @communistic chair we are still in the train)

Benjamin was asked where are they going. He looked towards him and answered "First we are going to a training camp. Get ya trained up and send onto the field" He said as he pulled a german luger. "This is a souvenier. The Helmets and gasmask and that sort of stuff."  Benjamin looked behind and saw how fast they were moving. You are th lucky ones. We can't afford to keep sending wave after wave of troops and machine guns, now you will stay at the trenches and hope the artilary won't kill you.

"Aye." The Basque said, grimly nodding his head. He simply didn't want to die, he had heard what the trenches were like. Dank, stinking. Overall ghastly places that weren't fit for any man, but more for the creatures of hell itself. "My name is Eneko by the way," he extended an arm towards the man he was talking to. 

@Little gasmask

He shakes his hand. " I am Flavian . Your squad officer." He looks out forward this time and see the fort. "Tha's where we are heading!"he pointed at a fortified brick fort. "After training we will send you to the front with some more guys." He said as he was looking out through the window.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Flavien." Eneko sighed at the sight of the large fort looming in the distance. It was just the crack of dawn, and the golden sun was just spreading its rays across the sky, turning it a lovely shade of pink. He didn't know how though the training would be, but hopefully he'd get through it. Turning his attention back to his squad leader, Eneko spoke up again. "How'd you get in the position you are?" 

@Little gasmask

Being asked about his position by Eneko he replied with:"Well first I was already in the army before he war broke out. Then I was promoted to corporal for survive somme. Then the officer in my squad died so the NCO was promoted to officer which means that I was promoted to NCO." Just as he finished the trains stop and he stood up.

Eneko nodded as the train screeched to a halt, gripping the musty leather of the seat in front of him. Maybe someday he would be promoted. But, from what he heard, Eneko would be lucky just to make it out alive. The young man rubbed the much softer leather of his rifle strap between his fingers. Force of habit, really. The training faculty was even larger and more imposing up close than it was from a distance. So this is where he'd been spending his next weeks, huh? The Basque mused as he filed up in line with the other men to get off the train, most grumbling and complaining, some stinking of sweat and booze. This was not going to be short and pleasant experience.

Evaline watched from the nursing station as the train arrived, twiddling her thumbs nervously. 

New people meant more potentially sick people, injured people, dead people.

It made her fidgety and a little bit panicked. Her superior, the only woman with a rank above her own approached her from behind. 1st Lieutenant Giselle Decroix, a stout middle aged woman, patted her shoulder, causing her to jump in surprise. 

"They'll be fine, Eva, don't worry." The woman murmured in French, to which Evaline only sighed. 

I can only hope. 

The other nurses (Shameless coquettes, if you asked Eva,) were quick to meet the new recruits, bustling towards their assembling ranks. Eva was the last and most reluctant to go, and even then she stood back from the rest of the girls, setting herself apart. 

She wasn't ready to go back out there and flirt like the silly child she'd been when she started all of this. After Curtis had gone missing in action, presumed dead, she regretted eve stepping foot in this awful place. Well, she was stuck here now. She sighed softly, looking down at her shoes before looking back out at the new arrivals. 

As the men filed one-by-one out of the train in a painfully slow process, Eneko let a expasherated sigh slip out of his mouth, earning him some glares from some of the surrounding veterans. The nurses that had been residing in the facility were already streaming out to greet the new arrivals. Eneko noted that the grass beneath his boots glistened with the morning dew, like tiny crystals clinging to sharp blades of brilliant green. The young Basque had always admired the natural world, and it's unmatched beauty. That was when he spotted the nurse. Eneko couldn't help it. He just liked women. His father had once told him he liked them maybe to much, but the young Basque found them quite irresistible. Taking a swift look over his shoulder, nobody seemed to be looking, and Flavien was nowhere to be seen. Putting on a wry smile, Eneko made his way over to her. She was pretty, blonde hair like rays of sunlight. "And who might you be?" The Basque said in his best French, his accent very noticeable. His act was of course cheesy, but it was how Eneko worked.

@Rui

She was startled out of her cynical thoughts by very very ill spoken French.

"Just another nurse," well obviously, "And you?" She asked, looking at him with a curious gaze. 

Must he talk to me? I shouldn't have bothered...

the other nurses either gave warning gazes or glares of jealously. Eva sighed to herself. 

That will be fun to deal with in the tent. 

She cleared her throat, speaking accented English, as Curtis was also a terrible French speaker. 

"I believe you are..needed, with the rest of the men, yes?" She asked quietly, averting her gaze from his eyes.

@John Raptorfist 

Looking down for just a moment to tighten his rifle strap, Eneko returned his brown-eyed gaze to the young nurse. "Oh, don't give me that bull!" He said light-heartedly dismissively waving his hand. "I want a name, nire laztana." He spoke that last part of the sentence in Basque, the grin creeping back onto his lips. Eneko took a second glance backwards. Still no Flavien. Eneko was about to speak, but the woman spoke up in a language he didn't recognize. "Try Euskal or Françias, okay?"

@Rui

She paused mulling this over, "I'm Sorry, I assumed you spoke English." She replied, her gaze leaping back up to his eyes with mild surprise, before quickly darting back down. 

"I'm Second Lieutenant Gardiner." She omitted her first name, trying to keep things professional lest he embarrass her later infront of her superior or the other nurses.

"And you are...?" 

@John Raptorfist

"Eneko. Eneko Mendoza." He said matter-of-factly in his shoddy French, extending a gloved hand to Lieutenant Gardiner. "Keeping it professional I see?" He said in a almost playful manner. "Well you are in for a treat, because I am probably the least professional person I know." He said, still grinning as he raked his fingers through his black hair. "I barely know what I'm getting into, matter of fact. I just hope they don't toss me infront of those machine guns." The Basque chuckled. Eneko wasn't a particularly tall or brawny man, he had a rather in build and had a height barely over six feet. The man wasn't particularly striking in any way, possessing a oval face peppered with black stubble and two bright and inquisitive brown eyes. @Rui

Users who are viewing this thread

Back