Other VENT

But they did do something, the guy was arrested and is doing time for murder, but they don’t care.
Yeah, but it only happened after the protest started.

This is also ignoring the fact that the protest isn't limited to being about this one singluar case, it's was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Yeah, but it only happened after the protest started.

This is also ignoring the fact that the protest isn't limited to being about this one singluar case, it's was just the straw that broke the camels back.
Racism exists, so it’s totally ok to harass and attack people who did nothing wrong, good to know

Exams are just making me feel so damn anxious 🙃 and the more I feel like this, the less I can study. Which obviously doesn't help at all in the current situation. Plus, still dealing with a friendship sort of thing that didn't work out. It has been hard moving on. And well, money problems, these ones being the thing that's making me the most anxious at the moment. It truly sucks the fact that I feel like my life is frozen, due to these circumstances.
Yeah, school sucks

Racism exists, so it’s totally ok to harass and attack people who did nothing wrong, good to know
Not my point.

The police ain't doing shit about this problem and they are thus all complicit in it. Sure, they might do something if it gets national attention but they don't do anything to get to the root of the problem.

Also, speaking of attacking and harassing people who haven't done anything wrong, why do the police have no issue targeting reporters in these riots?

Not my point.

The police ain't doing shit about this problem and they are thus all complicit in it. Sure, they might do something if it gets national attention but they don't do anything to get to the root of the problem.

Also, speaking of attacking and harassing people who haven't done anything wrong, why do the police have no issue targeting reporters in these riots?
I haven’t seen any of that, all I’ve seen is people destroying property and attacking officers just doing their jobs as if answering violence with violence solves anything

I’m not saying that they’re wrong for protesting for violence against black people to stop, I’m saying that doing all the things they’re doing is only making things worse.

I haven’t seen any of that, all I’ve seen is people destroying property and attacking officers just doing their jobs as if answering violence with violence solves anything

edit: But why limit this to just journalists? Let's list some more examples of the good ol' boys in blue attacking and harassing protecting and serving some more people.

Denver police caught on camera throwing a reporter into a fire for trying to take a picture of the scene
Memphis cops single out and swarm one person for no reason
SWAT in SLC shoving old man walking with a cane to the ground
Two Cop SUVs running into/over protesters in Brooklyn
Cop shoves woman to ground, she ends up having a seizure and hospitalized in NYC
Police mace, shoot pepper bullets at protesters sitting on the ground
Police kick and beat man with his hands up
Police mace woman walking away
Police point-blank pepper spray a medic
Police smashing water bottles
Cops pull woman out of car, taze her
Police violently break up peaceful protest an hour before curfew
Police horse tramples protester
Police intimidate person filming them by shooting at apartment building

Last edited:
And before you answer me again, I’m too drained for this, I just woke up, this only happened yesterday, I’m no mood to have a shouting match with you, so I’m ending it now, I’ve ignored you, bye

But they did do something, the guy was arrested and is doing time for murder, but they don’t care.

He has been charged that's all. He hasn't been actually convicted of anything. Nor have the other people who were complicit in the death. Also as to the reporters being attacked. My mom saw that happen on live television to one of our local reporters. She was shot at with rubber bullets. There is also a video circulating of a black reporter being arrested live on tv from CNN. Where they had a white reporter a few blocks away that flat out says he had a totally different experience. And the black reporter also made a statement saying that the police had no idea why he was being arrested they were just following orders.

So while I am sorry your father was attacked and I understand how frustrating it must for you to be caught in the middle of a situation that you have nothing to do with. Bare in mind what people are seeing isn't the "good" cops right now. They are seeing the cops that are attacking black people for no other reason than racism (and it's not one man either. Our local protest is about a black woman who was murdered while she was asleep on her couch.) They are seeing cops that are threatening the First Amendment rights of American journalists. This isn't about one man. This isn't about one cop. This is about a system of cops in this country that are being weaponized against American people. That your father isn't apart of those specific people is honestly not something that you can expect strangers to know.

That said I do hope your father is okay. I know it's scary to have loved ones in danger and be frustrated about the unfairness of it. Your right this isn't about your father. He has done nothing to deserve being put in danger or threatened. But I think in time the riots will pass and with any luck, more cops will be like your father. People who serve and protect their community rather than police and attack it.

(If you need a pick me up, there is a video circulating of police in New Jersey joining the protest. So obviously not everyone thinks the police are all evil monsters.)

even so, that’s still no reason to attack people, that makes you no better than them

Last edited:
So attacking them back is somehow better? Attacking random white people and business owners for the sake of “black lives matter” is better? You’re not going to convince these protestors are justified in their choice to hurt people, just because one is the devil doesn’t mean the other one is an angel.
Now leave me alone.

So attacking them back is somehow better?
Never said it was. Just that the cops isn't as innocent as you're painting them.

Also, whilst I'm not condoning the riots, let's not pretend as if there wasn't any peaceful protests before this. People have peacefully protested against police brutality for years but all it's resulted in is jack shit, I can see why some people might tire and do something that you can't ignore.
Now leave me alone.
Mate, if you want to drop this discussion, then feel free to do so but you're gonna have to stop replying to me to do so.

Never said it was. Just that the cops isn't as innocent as you're painting them.

Also, whilst I'm not condoning the riots, let's not pretend as if there wasn't any peaceful protests before this. People have peacefully protested against police brutality for years but all it's resulted in is jack shit, I can see why some people might tire and do something that you can't ignore.

Mate, if you want to drop this discussion, then feel free to do so but you're gonna have to stop replying to me to do so.
You first

M Mesenterium I wasn’t saying there is not violence. The looting is being done by a lot of white people though who are coming to the area specifically for that purpose. (Another report I saw was of young white boys who went to a protest in another state purely to wreck shit).

I think the violence is overwhelming at the hands of the police right now. Blackguard did a good compilation. I saw today at least one video of police throwing tear gas at people in their own property. I haven’t seen any major news source confirm it yet but if it’s true it points to a terrifying problem in Minnisota

I think a lot of what is fueling the violence is anger but it’s also fear. The police have the opportunity to reassure the American people of their good intentions. To show that the actions of the few do not represent the majority. And instead we are watching them attack innocent people. And not just black people either. So while I think the protests are racially motivated I think the police violence is more showing just indiscriminate aggression and fearmongering.

It points to the need for sweeping change in our police departments. It doesn’t help that our Racist in Tweet is egging on white nationalists to join the fray and escalate things even more.

To paraphrase a sentiment I have seen a lot : These riots are about a lack of accountability. The police refuse to hold themselves accountable for bad actions. Even now they are attempting to escape blame and wrongdoing. It is unfortunate this couldn’t have been resolved peacefully, but that’s entirely on the police. If they had held the men responsible accountable for their actions this wouldn’t have kicked off in the first place.

I wish violence wasn’t necessary. But a lot of rights in America only came about through violence. LGBTQ Rights, the Rights of Women to Vote, heck the first go around with the Civil Rights movement was violent as hell. Sadly as a culture it seems like we don’t learn a damn thing until things start burning.

I wish violence wasn’t necessary. But a lot of rights in America only came about through violence.
Also, on a sidenote, a lot of people who are all for peaceful protests now seemingly had no issue with supporting violent protests when it was in Hong Kong.

Also, on a sidenote, a lot of people who are all for peaceful protests now seemingly had no issue with supporting violent protests when it was in Hong Kong.
Maybe because they were opposing a communist regime that disappears traitos to the state?

lol I did hear something to that affect. It was more poking fun at our Masks our Tyranny crowd admittedly. Something to the effect of “They were all for a Civil War until Target got looted and then it’s hey now let’s settle this civilly”

Here's my vent! Quarantine has me so confused, my parents and I have been fighting and my friends are actually not "real" friends. Love when people who say they will be there for you just up and vanish. It gets mad lonely when no one talks to you. I wonder sometimes if I'm just to nice to people so they walk all over me. I wouldn't know though! I'm just hoping all the anger in the house will subside soon. I always thought that once I was older than 18 that they would stop questioning me so much. Wishful thinking am I right? I've totally been engulfing myself with video games and pulling away from this site a bit. I love rping and such but my anger keeps getting incorporated with my characters and they are always so mean.

People do tend to forget how women gained the right to vote.
That when the majority of us were born, it was illegal to marry someone of the same gender.
That when our parents were born, a black person and a white person being in a loving relationship was a scandal if it was shown on TV.
That most democracies are built on the blood of the monarchs or colonials.

You are asking calm and logic from people who get killed in the street simply because they are from another skin color by members of the government. Where a trained officer can kill 3 person and still be on duty.

It is a problem that is not limited to one cop, to one police station, or we wouldn't have news every two weeks of someone getting shot or killed because he made a cop twitchy. It's a systemic problem.

Rosa Park was only rejected from one bus, in one specific city, but it didn't mean other places weren't as bad or worse.

Today, I'm a bit tired of people undermining a movement when things don't fit their little boxes of comfort. Today it is about the riots about BLM, but yesterday it was about LGBTQ rights, and the week before it was about women's right and their hysteria when they asked for the right to divorce.

That being said, I hope your dad and the people in his precinct are ok Darklord95 Darklord95 . It must be really tense for you and your family right now and I hope you are receiving proper care from the gov.

i’m just so mad at how the world is right now. i’ve been ACAB for a long time but this just proves all my suspicions right. everyone is manifesting and damn it shows. everyone’s working themselves up and bringing more negative energy into the world. everyone just needs to try and bring more positive energy into their lives cause damn.

also i lost one of my crystals and thats real annoying. i also misplaced my tarot cards and really need answers for something right now.

overall, yikes on a bike.

I do not like the police as an organisation. I think there’s serious corruption, political bias and incompetence rampant throughout it. But I will never support ACAB (all cops are bastards) or violence against the police force.

I believe that many police officers genuinely try their best to help the community. I think they really want to remove criminals off the street to make it a safer place. And I think we should encourage, rather than discourage, people to join the police force. The more people there are, the harder it is to keep any corruption or mishandlings quiet.

Also, you are always going to have arrests that go wrong or cops that cross the line. The police cannot afford to be 100% transparent (although I don’t think the Americans realise how transparent their police force is compared to most) because they don’t deal with people who are playing by the rules. It’s a balance - too much red tape and more criminals escape and more cops die, too little and cops become judge, jury and executioner.

Funny.

I'm obviously the wrong type of person to comment on this.

Just as a side note, white people in Britian hit four of the genocide points.

I am not going to accuse you of not knowing British politics am I? I am not accusing you of lying about whatever you have experienced as a British native am I?

Because I am the wrong type of person to do that. All I know about Britain is what is in Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. I do not consider that to be suitable credentials to talk about real political issues in England.

So kindly stop trying to make me out to be some kind of unreasonable monster when I am telling you to not butt into politics you don’t understand.

Also I would appreciate if you had your petty arguments with me on this thread rather than derail the other thread.

I am not going to accuse you of not knowing British politics am I? I am not accusing you of lying about whatever you have experienced as a British native am I?

Because I am the wrong type of person to do that. All I know about Britain is what is in Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. I do not consider that to be suitable credentials to talk about real political issues in England.

So kindly stop trying to make me out to be some kind of unreasonable monster when I am telling you to not butt into politics you don’t understand.

Also I would appreciate if you had your petty arguments with me on this thread rather than derail the other thread.
Right, so if I was talking to an African American, you'd be okay with me telling them their opinion is invalid because they're not British (despite any reading they might've done into the subject)? You'd be okay with me telling you, a Latino, that you have no right to comment on Britain because you're ill informed on the subject?

Or would that be racist?

I'm happy to talk about Britain (warts and all) with others. I've talked about it to people from India, Tunisia and America (amongst others). And I have no problem when they comment on it. If they think something is stupid, maybe they can introduce me to a new perspective? Maybe we can learn from each other? But no. Instead I should simply say they have no valid opinion because they're not British.

You are the sort of person that cannot see their own rampant hypocrisy. You think most right wingers are ignorant, gun totting racists (and told me that's how you see America when we were discussing my first American character) yet are the first to jump and say it's not all Muslims/Mexicans/blacks when something happens. You want diversity as long as everyone agrees with the same fluffy ideology and you can look at a far left riot and say it's white supremacy.

Do you know the best thing? You'll deny it. You don't even realise you're saying it. It's both troubling and actually quite incredible to read.

I know and admit I'm hypocrital about some things. You believe you're the most virtuous person on this forum who needs to jump in and explain to the rest of us why rioting is justified as long as it's promoting your cause.

I've been meaning to mow the lawn but I haven't been able to get off my bum and do it. It's been like 3 days now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back