• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vehemen Academy - Academy of Hunters

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Adrian September
Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

Adrian crept silently through the large room, slipping between shelves in hopes of locating one of the rats either by sight or sound. He didn't find a thing. All that was in sight was books, books, and more books. Sighing with frustration, he kicked idly at the base of one of the large, heavy shelves. Mistakes were made. Hopping on one foot as he clutched at the other, Adrian spewed a series of curses not to be repeated in polite company. Thankfully, he still had the sense to keep the noise down, stifling his cries after the initial pain faded.

Bringing his foot back to the ground gingerly, Adrian cast a surly gaze across the rows. Was there even a rat here? While they had seen one out in the entrance hall and wherever there was one rodent, there was surely more to be found, that didn't mean they were everywhere. It was quite possible that the area was entirely pest-free, especially with there being no food in sight to attract the voracious creatures. Adrian nodded resolutely, growing more assured by the second that the trio was wasting their time. There was no way they were going to find a rat here. Alas, it seemed that the universe was trying its hardest to prove him wrong whenever possible.

"Hey!" Ravyn's voice rang out across the library, imbued with all the purpose of an annoyingly petty universe. "I found a rat and got information! Can someone see if they can find a floor plan?"

Hearing her cry, Adrian abandoned his futile search of the aisles and hurried back. He quickly tracked Ravyn down and approached. He glanced around but saw no rodent. Well, whatever. If Ravyn said she spoke with a rat, he'd take her at her word.

"A... floor plan?" Adrian scratched the back of his head. "I don't think there's one here. At the very least, if there is one, it's not anywhere obvious. I've searched pretty much the entire room and I haven't seen anything like that. The only thing I haven't looked at are, well, those." He turned to gesture at the numerous shelves filled with countless books. "But why do we need a floor plan? What did you hear?"

INTERACTION: nios nios xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx
MENTIONS: N/A

Adrian crept silently through the large room, slipping between shelves in hopes of locating one of the rats either by sight or sound. He didn't find a thing. All that was in sight was books, books, and more books. Sighing with frustration, he kicked idly at the base of one of the large, heavy shelves. Mistakes were made. Hopping on one foot as he clutched at the other, Adrian spewed a series of curses not to be repeated in polite company. Thankfully, he still had the sense to keep the noise down, stifling his cries after the initial pain faded.

Bringing his foot back to the ground gingerly, Adrian cast a surly gaze across the rows. Was there even a rat here? While they had seen one out in the entrance hall and wherever there was one rodent, there was surely more to be found, that didn't mean they were everywhere. It was quite possible that the area was entirely pest-free, especially with there being no food in sight to attract the voracious creatures. Adrian nodded resolutely, growing more assured by the second that the trio was wasting their time. There was no way they were going to find a rat here. Alas, it seemed that the universe was trying its hardest to prove him wrong whenever possible.

"Hey!" Ravyn's voice rang out across the library, imbued with all the purpose of an annoyingly petty universe. "I found a rat and got information! Can someone see if they can find a floor plan?"

Hearing her cry, Adrian abandoned his futile search of the aisles and hurried back. He quickly tracked Ravyn down and approached. He glanced around but saw no rodent. Well, whatever. If Ravyn said she spoke with a rat, he'd take her at her word.

"A... floor plan?" Adrian scratched the back of his head. "I don't think there's one here. At the very least, if there is one, it's not anywhere obvious. I've searched pretty much the entire room and I haven't seen anything like that. The only thing I haven't looked at are, well, those." He turned to gesture at the numerous shelves filled with countless books. "But why do we need a floor plan? What did you hear?"

Last edited:
The Poex didn't notice the portal forming behind the metal piece in its neck. Instead, it growled and tensed to attack when Frederika rushed towards the incubator. But before it could stop her advances, a fireball collided with its left hind leg. The Poex roared and leapt away from the resulting flame, giving Frederika enough time to type in the current year. Unfortunately, the incubator remained locked. Despite the heavy burn that it suffered to its leg, the Poex rushed forward regardless with the same tenacity, bringing its claw down full force at Frederika and swinging its tail in Hanna's general direction.

At the same time, the metal piece vanished into the small portal at its neck, and into Kiyoshi's open palm dropped what looked like an antique key.

vxnilla vxnilla PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Nessi Nessi

Endo Usami

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

Ammunition

mentions: N/A
interactions: xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx , OldTurtle OldTurtle

"Hey!" Ravyn's voice was sudden and caught the dark-haired girl off guard. Attempting to see through the wall served as a bad idea as it resulted in Usami's forehead to nearly smack against it. "I found a rat and got information. Can someone see if they can find a floor plan?"

"If she speaks any louder, we might be found next,"
Usami sighed with worry, rubbing her forehead in protective behavior. Usami left her search area and moved onto finding the others. She could hear them converse with one another- their voices becoming louder and more pronounced as Usami got closer to them. Upon reuniting with the team, Usami tuned into the conversation as she plucked a random volume from the shelf and flipped through the pages. She shook her head briefly and shoved the book in an empty slot.

Usami's previous hunt for a blueprint of the mansion or at least a record of some sort ultimately led her to a dead end. These books weren't helpful and Usami did not intend on searching through each and every single one. If it was suggested, Usami would walk right out of the library and surrender herself to the pack of Poex as a snack- as she was unfit to be a full course meal.

She stood wordlessly among her teammates and couldn't deny her curiosity. Usami, too, wanted to know what the rat told Ravyn. The situation vaguely reminded Usami of the American children's show with the pinhead kid and the platypus. What was it called? Peter and Fergus? Usami pursed her lips at the hazy memory and returned her focus onto Ravyn.

coded by weldherwings.

"Hey!" Ravyn's voice was sudden and caught the dark-haired girl off guard. Attempting to see through the wall served as a bad idea as it resulted in Usami's forehead to nearly smack against it. "I found a rat and got information. Can someone see if they can find a floor plan?"
"If she speaks any louder, we might be found next," Usami sighed with worry, rubbing her forehead in protective behavior. Usami left her search area and moved onto finding the others. She could hear them converse with one another- their voices becoming louder and more pronounced as Usami got closer to them. Upon reuniting with the team, Usami tuned into the conversation as she plucked a random volume from the shelf and flipped through the pages. She shook her head briefly and shoved the book in an empty slot.

Usami's previous hunt for a blueprint of the mansion or at least a record of some sort ultimately led her to a dead end. These books weren't helpful and Usami did not intend on searching through each and every single one. If it was suggested, Usami would walk right out of the library and surrender herself to the pack of Poex as a snack- as she was unfit to be a full course meal.

She stood wordlessly among her teammates and couldn't deny her curiosity. Usami, too, wanted to know what the rat told Ravyn. The situation vaguely reminded Usami of the American children's show with the pinhead kid with the platypus. What was it called? Peter and Fergus? Usami pursed her lips at the hazy memory and returned her focus onto Ravyn.

Ravyn

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy
we can be smart... occasionally

As Adrian approached and spoke of the absence of a floor plan, Ravyn frowned slightly.
"Dang... well, the rat mentioned a congregation in the storage and dining room, plus there was food in the basement but they couldn't get there. The basement was intriguing and I didn't see an access point from when we started, so I thought that if we got a floor plan we could see where things are. But that's ok,"
Ravyn stood and looked around.
"I think we have enough information gathered. With what we have, we definitely should check out the dining area and storage and possibly the game room and study upstairs. We can use Usami's formation to get around, maybe cause a distraction as we go out, then make a mad dash to the dining room? How does that sound?"
Thinking of how they'll get around, Ravyn honestly wished they had more defensive type powers or maybe a sword to whack at the tiny Poexes. Surely there are only more out there now...

c o d e b y t r i p l e s

As Adrian approached and spoke of the absence of a floor plan, Ravyn frowned slightly.
"Dang... well, the rat mentioned a congregation in the storage and dining room, plus there was food in the basement but they couldn't get there. The basement was intriguing and I didn't see an access point from when we started, so I thought that if we got a floor plan we could see where things are. But that's ok,"
Ravyn stood.
"I think we have enough information gathered. With what we have, we definitely should check out the dining area and storage and possibly the game room and study upstairs. We can use Usami's formation to get around, maybe cause a distraction as we go out, then make a mad dash to the dining room? How does that sound?"
Thinking of how they'll get around, Ravyn honestly wished they had more defensive type powers or maybe a sword to whack at the tiny Poexes. Surely there are only more out there now...

Last edited:

Adrian September
Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

"Dang... well, the rat mentioned a congregation in the storage and dining room, plus there was food in the basement but they couldn't get there." As Ravyn spoke, Adrian notived that Usami had joined them at some point, as silent and unobtrusive as ever. "The basement was intriguing and I didn't see an access point from when we started, so I thought that if we got a floor plan we could see where things are. But that's ok," the redhead said as she rose to her feet. "I think we have enough information gathered. With what we have, we definitely should check out the dining area and storage and possibly the game room and study upstairs. We can use Usami's formation to get around, maybe cause a distraction as we go out, then make a mad dash to the dining room? How does that sound?"

Adrian frowned as he swept a stray lock of hair away from his face. There were too many options: the dining room, the storage room, the game room, the study, and the basement. Making their way to even one of the locations was treacherous at best. To add onto that, there was no assurance that the gem was even located in any of the rooms. What if all they found was another clue? Or worse yet, what if they found nothing at all? He sighed and folded his arms. No, there would be something. Surely the professors wouldn't have made it so difficult.

"I'm okay with that," Adrian started. "If I remember correctly, the dining room is directly to the left of us. It's pretty close, so we can get there quickly. As long as we make no noise, we'll probably be fine."

Having said that, it was still risky. Even if the hall was clear of Poex, there was no telling if the dining room was compromised or not. Adrian shook his head silently and strode to the barricaded entrance. Going rigidly still, he pressed his ear against the wood and focused entirely on his hearing.

Nothing. As far as he could tell, there was no motion, no cries, no sounds of any sort at all. Releasing a deep breath he hadn't been aware he'd been holding, Adrian stepped back and braced himself against the tall, heavy bookshelf. With some effort and minor exertion of his powers, he managed to shift the shelf's position much more easily than before. The door was now mostly clear, giving it just enough space to open far enough to admit passage to a single person at a time.

Nervously tensed, Adrian cracked the door open and peered through the newly-formed gap. The visibility it provided was limited, but he had an unobstructed view of the dining room's entrance. Was it clear? Yes, it seemed so. Nothing moved, squeaked, howled, or killed. Though the knowledge should have brought him some sort of relief, Adrian just found himself growing more on edge.

"It seems like the Poex aren't around right now," he called out behind him, pulling away from the doorway slightly. "If we want to avoid them, now's the time."

"Dang... well, the rat mentioned a congregation in the storage and dining room, plus there was food in the basement but they couldn't get there." As Ravyn spoke, Adrian notived that Usami had joined them at some point, as silent and unobtrusive as ever. "The basement was intriguing and I didn't see an access point from when we started, so I thought that if we got a floor plan we could see where things are. But that's ok," the redhead said as she rose to her feet. "I think we have enough information gathered. With what we have, we definitely should check out the dining area and storage and possibly the game room and study upstairs. We can use Usami's formation to get around, maybe cause a distraction as we go out, then make a mad dash to the dining room? How does that sound?"

Adrian frowned as he swept a stray lock of hair away from his face. There were too many options: the dining room, the storage room, the game room, the study, and the basement. Making their way to even one of the locations was treacherous at best. To add onto that, there was no assurance that the gem was even located in any of the rooms. What if all they found was another clue? Or worse yet, what if they found nothing at all? He sighed and folded his arms. No, there would be something. Surely the professors wouldn't have made it so difficult.

"I'm okay with that," Adrian started. "If I remember correctly, the dining room is directly to the left of us. It's pretty close, so we can get there quickly. As long as we make no noise, we'll probably be fine."

Having said that, it was still risky. Even if the hall was clear of Poex, there was no telling if the dining room was compromised or not. Adrian shook his head silently and strode to the barricaded entrance. Going rigidly still, he pressed his ear against the wood and focused entirely on his hearing.

Nothing. As far as he could tell, there was no motion, no cries, no sounds of any sort at all. Releasing a deep breath he hadn't been aware he'd been holding, Adrian stepped back and braced himself against the tall, heavy bookshelf. With some effort and minor exertion of his powers, he managed to shift the shelf's position much more easily than before. The door was now mostly clear, giving it just enough space to open far enough to admit passage to a single person at a time.

Nervously tensed, Adrian cracked the door open and peered through the newly-formed gap. The visibility it provided was limited, but he had an unobstructed view of the dining room's entrance. Was it clear? Yes, it seemed so. Nothing moved, squeaked, howled, or killed. Though the knowledge should have brought him some sort of relief, Adrian just found himself growing more on edge.

"It seems like the Poex aren't around right now," he called out behind him, pulling away from the doorway slightly. "If we want to avoid them, now's the time."

Endo Usami

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

Ammunition

Usami dug her nails into the grooves of her walking stick— a habit to contain her thinning patience. This vermin... She wanted to kill it, but the girl fumed in silence with nothing but a twitch of her brow. She couldn't be the only one with skepticism— after all, it lurked after every thought like leeches latching onto her hope for some clarity in this chaotic scavenger hunt. How could they be for certain that this rat wasn't just programmed to throw the trio into a random goose chase? Maybe this was part of the test? To trust vermin information or not— Usami pinched the bridge of her nose. Paranoia was also creeping in on her. "This is such a drag..."

Looking towards the team leader at the mention of putting her plan into use, Usami opened her mouth to object but quickly clamped her lips shut as Adrian spoke. "I'm okay with that," he began, causing Usami's eyes to widen a fraction. "If I remember correctly, the dining room is directly to the left of us. It's pretty close, so we can get there quickly. As long as we make no noise, we'll probably be fine."

. . .

She stood beside the barricade, a few steps behind the tousled haired figure. She had her bottom lip chewed between her teeth as Adrian peered through the crack of the entrance for what seemed like an eternity. The light on the other side seemed heavenly and deadly at the same time. Usami was growing tired of seeing so many books in one place, but the unknown laid beyond those doors.

Usami patted down the small pencil in her jacket pocket. The bladed weapon, which she placed down on the desk, was back in her grasp and Frederika's voice floated in her head— a lethal reminder. She looked back at Adrian, who's voice cut through the tension in the air. "It seems like the Poex aren't around right now. If we want to avoid them, now's the time."

Usami glanced over at Ravyn, their team leader, and then back to Adrian. With a heavy sigh, Usami threw up a thumb to signal she was ready... but under close inspection, one could see her knuckles were white and her hands were shaking. All they had to do was cross the lobby, Usami assured herself. Plain and simple.

coded by weldherwings.

Usami dug her nails into the grooves of her walking stick— a habit to contain her thinning patience. This vermin... She wanted to kill it, but the girl fumed in silence with nothing but a twitch of her brow. She couldn't be the only one with skepticism— after all, it lurked after every thought like leeches latching onto her hope for some clarity in this chaotic scavenger hunt. How could they be for certain that this rat wasn't just programmed to throw the trio into a random goose chase? Maybe this was part of the test? To trust vermin information or not— Usami pinched the bridge of her nose. Paranoia was also creeping in on her. "This is such a drag..."

Looking towards the team leader at the mention of putting her plan into use, Usami opened her mouth to object but quickly clamped her lips shut as Adrian spoke. "I'm okay with that," he began, causing Usami's eyes to widen a fraction. "If I remember correctly, the dining room is directly to the left of us. It's pretty close, so we can get there quickly. As long as we make no noise, we'll probably be fine."

. . .

She stood beside the barricade, a few steps behind the tousled haired figure. She had her bottom lip chewed between her teeth as Adrian peered through the crack of the entrance for what seemed like an eternity. The light on the other side seemed heavenly and deadly at the same time. Usami was growing tired of seeing so many books in one place, but the unknown laid beyond those doors.

Usami patted down the small pencil in her jacket pocket. The bladed weapon, which she placed down on the desk, was back in her grasp and Frederika's voice floated in her head— a lethal reminder. She looked back at Adrian, who's voice cut through the tension in the air. "It seems like the Poex aren't around right now. If we want to avoid them, now's the time."

Usami glanced over at Ravyn, their team leader, and then back to Adrian. With a heavy sigh, Usami threw up a thumb to signal she was ready... but under close inspection, one could see her knuckles were white and her hands were shaking. All they had to do was cross the lobby, Usami assured herself. Plain and simple.

Ravyn

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy
we can be smart... occasionally

"I'm okay with that. If I remember correctly, the dining room is directly to the left of us. It's pretty close, so we can get there quickly. As long as we make no noise, we'll probably be fine."

"Great," Ravyn said with a slight smile. The redhead then followed Adrian to the door as he listened and checked the entry hall.

"It seems like the Poex aren't around right now. If we want to avoid them, now's the time."

Ravyn took a peek as well. Great. Maybe this wouldn't be as hard as she thought. Granted it will still be hard, but not insane doing-parkour-to-avoid-death hard. She turned to Usami and smiled softly at her thumbs up but then noticed the nervousness hidden within it.
"Alrighty then. Let's go try not to die!" Ravyn chirped with the bubbliness that usually encompassed her voice. It was a strange time, but positivity is positivity. She then stepped back to stand by Usami and offered her a warm, reassuring smile.
"You've got this. And don't forget that we're a team. We've got your back."

Ravyn stepped towards the door and pulled one of the throwing knives out of the backpack to test its weight. This was definitely not a dart to be thrown at a dartboard, but Ravyn could learn on the fly. If it didn't go as planned, she could use her power to redirect it. Seeing Usami and her own blade, Ravyn had half a mind not to clink their knives together in a 'cheers!'

"It's go time," Ravyn whispered to herself as she stepped out of the safety of the library to the great unknown.

Just think of it like a cheer competition. She thought. Take the nervousness and turn it into power and energy. Harness the adrenaline.

The redhead slowly made her way out, wishing that she had a sword. She had no idea how to wield one, but it seemed like it would be more helpful in this situation. As her mind went into a strange adrenaline boosted survival mode, Ravyn really wished she hadn't been so hasty at the weapons table. Well, the more you know.

"I'm okay with that. If I remember correctly, the dining room is directly to the left of us. It's pretty close, so we can get there quickly. As long as we make no noise, we'll probably be fine."

"Great," Ravyn said with a slight smile. The redhead then followed Adrian to the door as he listened and checked the entry hall.

"It seems like the Poex aren't around right now. If we want to avoid them, now's the time."

Ravyn took a peek as well. Great. Maybe this wouldn't be as hard as she thought. Granted it will still be hard, but not insane doing-parkour-to-avoid-death hard. She turned to Usami and smiled softly at her thumbs up but then noticed the nervousness hidden within it.
"Alrighty then. Let's go try not to die!" Ravyn chirped with the bubbliness that usually encompassed her voice. It was a strange time, but positivity is positivity. She then stepped back to stand by Usami and offered her a warm, reassuring smile.
"You've got this. And don't forget that we're a team. We've got your back."

Ravyn stepped towards the door and pulled one of the throwing knives out of the backpack to test its weight. This was definitely not a dart to be thrown at a dartboard, but Ravyn could learn on the fly. If it didn't go as planned, she could use her power to redirect it. Seeing Usami and her own blade, Ravyn had half a mind not to clink their knives together in a 'cheers!'
"It's go time," Ravyn whispered to herself as she stepped out of the safety of the library to the great unknown.

Just think of it like a cheer competition. She thought. Take the nervousness and turn it into power and energy. Harness the adrenaline.

The redhead slowly made her way out, wishing that she had a sword. She had no idea how to wield one, but it seemed like it would be more helpful in this situation. As her mind went into a strange adrenaline boosted survival mode, Ravyn really wished she hadn't been so hasty at the weapons table. Well, the more you know.

Last edited:

Adrian September
Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

There was a brief silence after Adrian's words as Ravyn moved to take his place at the door and looked out. Behind them, Usami heaved a long sigh. Turning back to watch her and choosing not to address her clear nervousness and hesitation, Adrian registered her thumbs-up as a sign of acceptance. Okay. Then they were all in agreement, regardless of how shaky said agreement was.

"Alrighty then. Let's go try not to die!" Ravyn sounded much too chipper for Adrian's liking. Their leader, who seemed to be much more of a people-person than he was, approached Usami and tried to reassure her. The reassurement was completely unfounded, of course, but it was a kind gesture.

Remembering Usami's drawn diagram, Adrian walked around the other two to take his position in the rear. Seeing as the others had armed themselves in preparation, Adrian began to do so as well. He brushed his gauntlets off and tugged on them to make sure they were nice and snug and then... stopped. Huh. He appeared to be severely under-equipped for the situation. Oh dear. Maybe he should have picked up one of the weapons before. A tense, crooked smile crept across Adrian's face. W-well it was much too late for regret now. They were already in motion, after all.

Ravyn was already through the door, then went Usami. Seeing as how their vanguard didn't scream in pain, it did indeed seem as though the entrance hall was empty. Steeling his nerves with a deep breath, Adrian stepped forward past the relative safety of their makeshift sanctuary out into the treacherous expanse beyond. 'Let's go try not to die,' indeed.

There was a brief silence after Adrian's words as Ravyn moved to take his place at the door and looked out. Behind them, Usami heaved a long sigh. Turning back to watch her and choosing not to address her clear nervousness and hesitation, Adrian registered her thumbs-up as a sign of acceptance. Okay. Then they were all in agreement, regardless of how shaky said agreement was.

"Alrighty then. Let's go try not to die!" Ravyn sounded much too chipper for Adrian's liking. Their leader, who seemed to be much more of a people-person than he was, approached Usami and tried to reassure her. The reassurement was completely unfounded, of course, but it was a kind gesture.

Remembering Usami's drawn diagram, Adrian walked around the other two to take his position in the rear. Seeing as the others had armed themselves in preparation, Adrian began to do so as well. He brushed his gauntlets off and tugged on them to make sure they were nice and snug and then... stopped. Huh. He appeared to be severely under-equipped for the situation. Oh dear. Maybe he should have picked up one of the weapons before. A tense, crooked smile crept across Adrian's face. W-well it was much too late for regret now. They were already in motion, after all.

Ravyn was already through the door, then went Usami. Seeing as how their vanguard didn't scream in pain, it did indeed seem as though the entrance hall was empty. Steeling his nerves with a deep breath, Adrian stepped forward past the relative safety of their makeshift sanctuary out into the treacherous expanse beyond. 'Let's go try not to die,' indeed.

Endo Usami

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

Ammunition

mentions: Fredericka
interactions: xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx , OldTurtle OldTurtle , Dawnsx Dawnsx

"Alrighty then! Let's go try not to die!" On cue, Usami dropped her hand and fought against herself to pinch the bridge of her nose. The spot was already pink and becoming sore. A part of her already died inside so she supposed there was less to worry about. She glanced back at her teammates, puzzled when they were already looking back at her. Did she say that out loud?

The gentle smile gracing Ravyn's lips puzzled her even more, but not as much as her words of comfort. "You've got this. And don't forget that we're a team. We've got your back."

The silent girl stared back at her and Adrian— unfamiliar with her last words especially. At a loss of words, Usami swallowed the lump in her throat and just dipped her head in a hesitant nod.

She fell into place between Ravyn and Adrian. Visibly, she seemed prepared with her weapons at hand, but whatever was going on in the inside begged to differ. She feared the others could hear her heart climbing its way up her throat, or could smell the cold sweat of fear she was omitting. She took a peek behind her, quickly noticing Adrian was only equipped with dull metal gloves. The rigid smile also caught her eye and she pondered to herself. Perhaps she wasn't alone after all. Fear was an apparent common ground among them, but about those gloves? What use could those be against a horde of deadly flamboyant creatures?

Before Ravyn could go through the door, Usami stopped her by grabbing the top handle of the backpack. She winced as she was afraid the gesture was too rough and mumbled, "Gomen," quietly to her. She unzipped the bag and gingerly took the small ax. The girl offered it to Adrian with the handle facing toward him.

She gazed up at Adrian, almost attempting to replicate the smile that Ravyn had given her not too long ago. Unfortunately, it looked more like a grimace. The smile couldn't fully reach her eyes and she ended up looking as if she was squinting in pain. The silent girl turned around quickly to find Ravyn had already left the library. She followed after her in haste. "For the love of God, never do that again," she told herself the moment her back was turned.

. . .

The lobby was quiet— almost too quiet, but it was better than being face to face with a Poex the moment they stepped outside. Usami was careful to step over the broken glass which scattered the ground. The large windows—once intact— was now shattered by Poex and brought a pleasant breeze into the lonely mansion. So far, so good, she thought.

coded by weldherwings.

"Alrighty then! Let's go try not to die!" On cue, Usami dropped her hand and fought against herself to pinch the bridge of her nose. The spot was already pink and becoming sore. A part of her already died inside so she supposed there was less to worry about. She glanced back at her teammates, puzzled when they were already looking back at her. Did she say that out loud?

The gentle smile gracing Ravyn's lips puzzled her even more, but not as much as her words of comfort. "You've got this. And don't forget that we're a team. We've got your back."

The silent girl stared back at her and Adrian— unfamiliar with her last words. At a loss of words, Usami swallowed the lump in her throat and just dipped her head in a hesitant nod.

Usami fell into place between Ravyn and Adrian. Visibly, she seemed prepared with her weapons at hand, but whatever was going on in the inside begged to differ. She feared the others could hear her heart climbing its way up her throat, or could smell the cold sweat of fear she was omitting. She peeked behind her, noticing Adrian was only equipped with dull metal gloves. The rigid smile also caught her attention and she pondered to herself. Perhaps she wasn't alone after all. Fear was an apparent common ground among them, but about those gloves? What use could those be against a horde of deadly flamboyant creatures?

Before Ravyn could go through the door, Usami stopped her by grabbing the top handle of the backpack. She winced as she was afraid the gesture was too rough and mumbled, "Gomen," quietly to her. She unzipped the bag and gingerly took the small ax. She offered it to Adrian with the handle facing toward him.

She gazed up at Adrian, almost attempting to replicate the smile that Ravyn had given her not too long ago. Unfortunately, it looked more like a grimace. The smile couldn't fully reach her eyes and she ended up looking as if she was squinting in pain. The silent girl turned around quickly to find Ravyn had already left the library. She followed after her in haste. "For the love of God, never do that again," she told herself the moment her back was turned.

. . .

The lobby was quiet— almost too quiet, but it was better than being face to face with a Poex the moment they stepped outside. Usami was careful to step over the broken glass which scattered the ground. The large windows—once intact— was now shattered by Poex and brought a pleasant breeze into the lonely mansion. So far, so good, she thought.

Last edited:
Elise Friedhelm.

The smell of burnt flesh and Peggy’s blood curdling scream caused Elise’s scalp to prickle. Even though her back was towards Cleo, it didn’t take much to imagine what kind of brutality would greet her eyes the moment she took the chance to turn her head. Elise herself was no saint: between having the Faciete locked up or drop dead, she was far more inclined towards the latter. However, no matter how deep her hatred, she was formerly a law-abiding, sheltered citizen of a peaceful world. When it came down to it, it was difficult for her to stomach personally experiencing such gruesome scenes. Unlike a Poex, humans left a corpse and emotional attachments behind, though said emotions were also what potentially made them far more disgusting than any monster.

Regardless, her trust in Cleo was well-placed. Having successfully incapacitated the signal jammer, a wave of relief washed over Elise when she heard Cleo call Professor Kikuchi for assistance. The same went for Jun as well. Had she placed any less trust in him, she might have lost focus and disassembled her barrier in favor of flinching back from Bob’s assault. Though she still braced herself in the end, her teammate’s crude methods earned them their second victory, prompting her to send a grateful smile his way.

Still, the battle was far from over. Under the rain of fireballs peppering her barrier, Elise could feel cracks slowly begin to form. Taking note of Icarus’s flight, she immediately yelled out a warning behind her. “Jump back when the barrier cracks!”

However, her warning came too late. When Icarus had successfully shattered her barrier, Elise took a quick look behind her to judge the amount of magical energy she could spare. Unexpectedly, the fireballs in the man’s hands suddenly grew blinding, and she failed to notice the attack launched at them from behind.

“Jun? Jun!” Elise yelled. When the light subsided, Jun’s motionless figure entered her field of vision. Her blood ran cold. She’d miscalculated. No, she should have known that the enemy would aim behind them the moment they were distracted by the light. Once again, she had…

“I’m-”

Sorry.

Before the words could leave her mouth, Elise bit her lip and rushed to cover Jun while remaining within Cleo’s range. He was still breathing; he was still alive. The time for brooding over her mistakes would have to wait for later. If she allowed a repeat of that tragedy, she’d only be filled with more regrets.

Gritting her teeth, Elise knelt down to grab a hold of Jun while eyeing the Faciete members vigilantly.

It was going to be fine. Professor Kikuchi would arrive soon.

Mitra.

For someone who wasn’t fond of even the most basic of electronic devices, Mitra gazed at the brightly lit monitors with a significant degree of interest. Though the students’ clumsiness displayed their lack of experience in plain sight, their ability to adapt and willingness to work together as a team earned them a nod of approval. Humans, afterall, seemed to love wasting time on bickering over every trivial detail. Compared to the arrogant children hailing from prestigious families who refused to bend for others, they were off to a relatively good start.

By the time Mitra had finished jotting down a few notes on the 3rd generation students’ powers, he sensed a gaze land on him. Why Professor Kikuchi seemed to hesitate briefly was beyond him, but the brunette waited patiently until his coworker addressed him. However, the words that graced his ears caused his grip to grow slack, and the writing implements in his hands tumbled onto the floor.

“Sorry…” he mumbled while retrieving his notebook and pen. “I’ll keep watch if anything goes awry, so rest assured.” Knowing that Kikuchi wouldn’t stay long enough to listen, Mitra chose to ignore the ravenhead’s slip of the tongue. In any case, the tension between the two was none of his business, and Elvelo was…harmless.

The entrance hall of the mansion was quiet, save for the occasional yips and pitter-patter of footsteps that echoed from upstairs. All seemed well and calm as the mansion team made their way across towards the dining room.

Then, a myriad of howls from the forest's direction, followed by thunderous footsteps that grew louder by the second.

A quick glance outside would show the Third Generations a view of countless Poex like the ones from before headed their way. It would no doubt take less than a minute before they come barreling into the mansion, and less time than that for the ones leading the group to spot the humans through the open windows and set their targets on them.

OldTurtle OldTurtle nios nios xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx

A key?

Instinct closed Kiyoshi's fingers around the key before he even realized what it was, but it barely took any inspection at all for him to be fairly certain that, whatever else it opened, it certainly was not the incubator. Actually, he doubted it'd aid them for the rest of the mission in the forest at all, but on a closer glance, he wondered if perhaps it might have something to do with their peers in the mansion.

That gave him pause. If this key might lend itself to the mansion team's objectives, could they perhaps have something that could help with the forest team's quest? A series of numbers for the incubator, perhaps?

Both of his teammates were currently engaged with the beast, but he had a feeling that its prime mission was guarding the incubator and not attacking them, unlike their previous opponent. When there was an opening, he darted in closer, raising his voice to be heard above the battle. "Frederika, Hanna," he called. "I move that we should relocate to the mansion? I think this incubator is a dead end for now."

He didn't want to rush them, but he was aware that more and more Poex were descending on their comrades as they spoke. Although he waited, not making his way back towards the mansion just yet in case either Fredi or Hanna had objections to his idea, he tapped his earpiece in a preliminary move. "Ravyn — your location in the mansion? We might be converging with you soon."

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Nessi Nessi xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx

Ravyn

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy
trying not to die

Maybe Ravyn was moving a little fast. She just wanted to move. Things had to be done. Then she heard the incoming Poex. She looked towards the windows and all color drained from her face in horror. Shit. Not caring about the Poex upstairs, Ravyn almost screamed,
"RUN!!!"

Then the familiar voice of her forest team counterpart, Kiyoshi, echoed in her ear as she raced to the dining room. They had little to no time to get to safety.
"Ravyn — your location in the mansion? We might be converging with you soon."
The redhead responded in a panicked tone.
"Then hurry your asses over here! Pardon my French but we're so f*cking dead. Take out as many of those little shits as you can and mourn at my funeral.... Goddammit, we are so dead."

Ravyn was ahead of the others. She was the farthest from the attack. In a fear-driven act, she raced back towards the other two. In a blind panic, she sent a barely controlled blast of power just as the Poex burst through the window. The blast was much like the one which rocked the dorm room on the first night staying in Lumen. The pros of having such a blast are that it mostly used the extra adrenaline and was the most powerful Ravyn could get. The cons is that it blasted out in all directions, including that of the teammates she was trying to protect. As she blasted back the first row of Poex, dread once again filled Ravyn's features. There were so many more. Ravyn attempted to part the red seas of tiny terrors like Moses and hoped that Usami and Adrian could hold their own behind her.

Maybe Ravyn was moving a little fast. She just wanted to move. Things had to be done. Then she heard the incoming Poex. She looked towards the windows and all color drained from her face in horror. Shit. Not caring about the Poex upstairs, Ravyn almost screamed,
"RUN!!!"

Then the familiar voice of her forest team counterpart, Kiyoshi, echoed in her ear as she raced to the dining room. They had little to no time to get to safety.
"Ravyn — your location in the mansion? We might be converging with you soon."
The redhead responded in a panicked tone.
"Then hurry your asses over here! Pardon my French but we're so f*cking dead. Take out as many of those little shits as you can and mourn at my funeral.... Goddammit, we are so dead."

Ravyn was ahead of the others. She was the farthest from the attack. In a fear-driven act, she raced back towards the other two. In a blind panic, she sent a barely controlled blast of power just as the Poex burst through the window. The blast was much like the one which rocked the dorm room on the first night staying in Lumen. The pros of having such a blast are that it mostly used the extra adrenaline and was the most powerful Ravyn could get. The cons is that it blasted out in all directions, including that of the teammates she was trying to protect. As she blasted back the first row of Poex, dread once again filled Ravyn's features. There were so many more. Ravyn attempted to part the red seas of tiny terrors like Moses and hoped that Usami and Adrian could hold their own behind her.

Last edited:

Endo Usami

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

Ammunition

mentions:
interactions: xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx , OldTurtle OldTurtle , Dawnsx Dawnsx

Everything was going perfectly well; the dining room entrance was within their grasps. That is until distant howls broke through the air and severed the thread of sanity Usami was desperately hanging onto. Usami twisted around to face the source— almost wishing she hadn't because, with a squint of her eyes, she could see movement along the forest line. Dozens were honing in onto their location. Their nimble footfalls were like the angel of death's trumpet blaring in the midnight wind. Their numbers? Unknown. The probability of their survival? Rapidly decreasing the longer Usami took before she could take action. She struggled to hear Ravyn over her heart drumming in her ears.

Fear gripped her body in a deadlock, leaving her useless. Only her eyes were capable of moving and it watched with unbearable dread as the blur of Poex crossed through the threshold of the mansion like water breaking through a dam. Yet the stampede never came as bright red locks filled Usami's view. It was in that moment that knocked Usami off her feet— quite literally actually... Whatever Ravyn did, it knocked the crippled girl over like an unforeseen tidal wave and sent her backward. She became one with the ground a few feet away and from the looks of it, Adrian was taken down as well.

Several crashes and shatters could be heard from every direction. The high pitched whines of Poex fell one after the other. A handful was able to regain their footing, shaking their small-horned heads before locking their sight back onto the pair before Usami.

Usami was panicking from her spot on the ground. Pushing through the brief pain from the collision, she managed to keep her focus on the situation before her. No matter how desperately she wanted to look away, she just couldn't.

There were Poex, quickly recovering from Ravyn's offense. Meanwhile, Usami was struggling to get her walking stick and weapon in her possession. By the time she found them and pushed herself onto her knees, a group of three opponents, who had crashed against a set of furniture and bed of broken glass, had begun its descent onto Ravyn. On the other side, four figures near the entrance of the library rose from their stupor with their lazy smiles on display. Simultaneously, their heads snapped toward Adrian. They released small hoots from their snouts before advancing toward him.

This sent Usami into a panic."Come on! Come on!" Usami's head screamed. She was whisking her hands frantically before her, but nothing was happening. She looked down at her hands to see if they were broken— feeling betrayed by her own body."Oh! So now you decide not to work?!" Usami kept trying, but to no avail. Her powers weren't cooperating and the adrenaline coursing through Usami's veins like a lethal drug was causing her head to spin.

When Usami looked back at her teammates, the panic multiplied tenfold. One Poex had set its attention for Ravyn's ankle and launched itself at her in a blitz. On Adrian's side, a pair of Poex were already airborne and targetting his torso and shoulder. The remaining Poex circled around the group.

In that fleeting moment, Usami released a cry and time began to slow down— her eyes now blazed with liquid gold. Just before the Poex can get in touch, Usami slashed her hand across her in a diagonal motion. Two shields warped between the Poex and her teammates just in time. The Poex were knocked back but the others that lurked around their prey attacked without a second's notice.

coded by weldherwings.

Everything was going perfectly well; the dining room entrance was within their grasps. That is until distant howls broke through the air and severed the thread of sanity Usami was desperately hanging onto. Usami twisted around to face the source— almost wishing she hadn't because, with a squint of her eyes, she could see movement along the forest line. Dozens were honing in onto their location. Their nimble footfalls were like the angel of death's trumpet blaring in the midnight wind. Their numbers? Unknown. The probability of their survival? Rapidly decreasing the longer Usami took before she could take action. She struggled to hear Ravyn over her heart drumming in her ears.

Fear gripped her body in a deadlock, leaving her useless. Only her eyes were capable of moving and it watched with unbearable dread as the blur of Poex crossed through the threshold of the mansion like water breaking through a dam. Yet the stampede never came as bright red locks filled Usami's view. It was in that moment that knocked Usami off her feet— quite literally actually... Whatever Ravyn did, it knocked the crippled girl over like an unforeseen tidal wave and sent her backward. She became one with the ground a few feet away and from the looks of it, Adrian was taken down as well.

Several crashes and shatters could be heard from every direction. The high pitched whines of Poex fell one after the other. A handful was able to regain their footing, shaking their small-horned heads before locking their sight back onto the pair before Usami.

Usami was panicking from her spot on the ground. Pushing through the brief pain from the collision, she managed to keep her focus on the situation before her. No matter how desperately she wanted to look away, she just couldn't.

There were Poex, quickly recovering from Ravyn's offense. Meanwhile, Usami was struggling to get her walking stick and weapon in her possession. By the time she found them and pushed herself onto her knees, a group of three opponents, who had crashed against a set of furniture and bed of broken glass, had begun its descent onto Ravyn. On the other side, four figures near the entrance of the library rose from their stupor with their lazy smiles on display. Simultaneously, their heads snapped toward Adrian. They released small hoots from their snouts before advancing toward him.

This sent Usami into a panic."Come on! Come on!" Usami's head screamed. She was whisking her hands frantically before her, but nothing was happening. She looked down at her hands to see if they were broken— feeling betrayed by her own body."Oh! So now you decide not to work?!" Usami kept trying, but to no avail. Her powers weren't cooperating and the adrenaline coursing through Usami's veins like a lethal drug was causing her head to spin.

When Usami looked back at her teammates, the panic multiplied tenfold. One Poex had set its attention for Ravyn's ankle and launched itself at her in a blitz. On Adrian's side, a pair of Poex were already airborne and targetting his torso and shoulder. The remaining Poex circled around the group.

In that fleeting moment, Usami released a cry and time began to slow down— her eyes now blazed with liquid gold. Just before the Poex can get in touch, Usami slashed her hand across her in a diagonal motion. Two shields warped between the Poex and her teammates just in time. The Poex were knocked back but the others that lurked around their prey attacked without a second's notice.

Last edited:

Adrian September
Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

At first, everything seemed fine. Things were going splendidly. The trio had made their way to the center of the hall in their odd little formation. And that’s when all hell broke loose.

it started with that too-familiar sound. The sound of impending doom. Hearing the cries of Poex, Adrian stiffened and spun around to face the shattered windows. The sight of yet another horde was blood-curdling. Countless, countless forms flowed over the ground outside, charging towards the entrance of the mansion in a frenzy.

“RUN!” Ravyn’s scream shattered the stupor that lay upon the Otherworlders. But no. It was much too late to run. The Poex were already there and Adrian would be the first to fall. Or he would have been. Instead Ravyn, seemingly not abiding by her own instructions raced in front of Adrian and did... something. Something? Ah, what happened?

Something slammed into Adrian hard, throwing him to the ground painfully, mouth open in some silent cry. His head rang and sudden transition from standing to laying on the ground was jarring. As he struggled to rise, recognizing dimly that remaining prone was a doomed decision, Adrian tried to take in their situation. In his disoriented state, he was much too slow. Just as he rose to his feet, there was a harsh, animalistic cry.

Adrian head snapped to the side, the fear coursing through his veins enough to reorient himself. But still too slow. A pair of the deadly Poex were already in the midst of their attack. Much too late, Adrian brought an arm up to guard himself futilely, tensing in preparation for the incoming pain... until it never came. Instead, the pair of Poex seemed to bounce off of some invisible barrier harmlessly. Usami. It was her. The shield she’d conjured in the nick of time had saved his life.

Praising her action in his head, Adrian turned to address the immediate problem. Though Usami had rescued him from the claws of the first two, there was still another pair of Poex ready to attack. And they were wasting no time. As they lunged at Adrian, he powers roared to life, fueled by an obscene amount of adrenaline and urgency. He pressed back against them mentally, pushing at the small creatures hard enough to slow their movement multiple fold. He couldn’t fully stop them, though. The Poex were too close and too fast for Adrian to get his metaphorical claws into them. It was enough, however, to avoid their very-not-metaphorical ones.

Instead, Adrian was more than ready for them. He batted away the leftmost Poex with a gauntlet-clad fist, the hard metal plates protecting his skin from the Poex’s claws. At the same time, he slashed at the second Poex with the small axe he wielded - yet another thing to thank Usami for - as he pulled to the side, narrowly avoiding being mauled. The surprised Poex, not expecting to have missed, tumbled to the ground clumsily. Seizing the opportunity, Adrian brought the axe down upon its exposed neck. The hefty blade tore through its flesh easily, blood spraying high from the gory wound as the Poex screamed and fell still. Adrian wrenched the axe from the already dissolving corpse, pushing down the bile rising up his throat from the feeling of the hot wetness that dripped down his face. There were bigger problems than that.

By now, the other three Poex had recovered, charging into the fray with renewed vigor. They, too, were more aware now and Adrian instead struggled much harder to limit their mobility with his powers and rip into them with his weapon. No matter. In the end, they all fell to the axe as well, though none so easily or cleanly as the first.

Kill Count: 4

At first, everything seemed fine. Things were going splendidly. The trio had made their way to the center of the hall in their odd little formation. And that’s when all hell broke loose.

it started with that too-familiar sound. The sound of impending doom. Hearing the cries of Poex, Adrian stiffened and spun around to face the shattered windows. The sight of yet another horde was blood-curdling. Countless, countless forms flowed over the ground outside, charging towards the entrance of the mansion in a frenzy.

“RUN!” Ravyn’s scream shattered the stupor that lay upon the Otherworlders. But no. It was much too late to run. The Poex were already there and Adrian would be the first to fall. Or he would have been. Instead Ravyn, seemingly not abiding by her own instructions raced in front of Adrian and did... something. Something? Ah, what happened?

Something slammed into Adrian hard, throwing him to the ground painfully, mouth open in some silent cry. His head rang and sudden transition from standing to laying on the ground was jarring. As he struggled to rise, recognizing dimly that remaining prone was a doomed decision, Adrian tried to take in their situation. In his disoriented state, he was much too slow. Just as he rose to his feet, there was a harsh, animalistic cry.

Adrian head snapped to the side, the fear coursing through his veins enough to reorient himself. But still too slow. A pair of the deadly Poex were already in the midst of their attack. Much too late, Adrian brought an arm up to guard himself futilely, tensing in preparation for the incoming pain... until it never came. Instead, the pair of Poex seemed to bounce off of some invisible barrier harmlessly. Usami. It was her. The shield she’d conjured in the nick of time had saved his life.

Praising her action in his head, Adrian turned to address the immediate problem. Though Usami had rescued him from the claws of the first two, there was still another pair of Poex ready to attack. And they were wasting no time. As they lunged at Adrian, he powers roared to life, fueled by an obscene amount of adrenaline and urgency. He pressed back against them mentally, pushing at the small creatures hard enough to slow their movement multiple fold. He couldn’t fully stop them, though. The Poex were too close and too fast for Adrian to get his metaphorical claws into them. It was enough, however, to avoid their very-not-metaphorical ones.

Instead, Adrian was more than ready for them. He batted away the leftmost Poex with a gauntlet-clad fist, the hard metal plates protecting his skin from the Poex’s claws. At the same time, he slashed at the second Poex with the small axe he wielded - yet another thing to thank Usami for - as he pulled to the side, narrowly avoiding being mauled. The surprised Poex, not expecting to have missed, tumbled to the ground clumsily. Seizing the opportunity, Adrian brought the axe down upon its exposed neck. The hefty blade tore through its flesh easily, blood spraying high from the gory wound as the Poex screamed and fell still. Adrian wrenched the axe from the already dissolving corpse, pushing down the bile rising up his throat from the feeling of the hot wetness that dripped down his face. There were bigger problems than that.

By now, the other three Poex had recovered, charging into the fray with renewed vigor. They, too, were more aware now and Adrian instead struggled much harder to limit their mobility with his powers and rip into them with his weapon. No matter. In the end, they all fell to the axe as well, though none so easily or cleanly as the first.

Kill Count: 4

Vince Elvelo

The room itself was immersively dark, with pretty much the only source of light coming from the big holographic screens sitting at the very front. The chaos going on in the simulation world was played on there. Speakers around the screen added the sounds of fighting, speaking, and even shouting going on among the third generation to the livestream. However, the volume was turned down low enough to allow communication between the professors if they were to talk.

While the third generation were fiercely trying to figure out what to do to get out of the hellhole they were put into, the professors would be allowed to relax in their chairs, where the back was only high enough to reach the middle of their heads, and evaluate the students being tested.
One of the chairs was now empty as Eiichi Kikuchi was gone. For some time, Professor Mitra would be alone in the room. That moment would not last long though, for soon, another source of light would enter the space from a gap of light behind him. The door opened without a creak, and the light from the hallways briefly shone in before it was closed again.

Vince Elvelo stepped into the assessing room, his hand still holding onto his phone in which the livestream was also playing on. His eyes glanced toward the big screen but only for a brief second before his attention went to the empty chair.

One could almost hear his big sigh of disappointment.

Walking a couple steps closer, Mitra would suddenly feel a weight being added on him as Vince sneaked up behind him and rested his chin on the top of his head. His eyes were on the simulation screens and his hands tucked in his pockets of the long, thin white coat he’s wearing. His mouth, however, started to ramble off on topics unrelated to the assessment.

“You know~Next time, Mitra, when Eiichi’s about to leave. What you can do is--you should hold onto his hands right as he’s about to stand up--and you should look him in the eyes--and say with a very sincere voice--sincere, sweet, sexy voice, Mitra! Not your usual monotone voice. You gonna say to him---” Vince cleared his throat, trying to simulate the very voice he just described, but it sounded just a bit awkward since his chin was on somebody else’s head. “’Don’t leave me.

Do you get me, Mitra?” Finally moving away, he slumped into the chair next to him where Eiichi used to sit. The seat was already cold, he couldn’t even get to feel the remnants of that man’s body warmth!

However, he quickly comforted himself with Mitra’s presence. Well, at least another favorite of his is still here. He took out his phone, closed the live simulation, a photo of Eiichi sleeping as his cover screen flashed for a second before he opened the camera and took a photo of Mitra’s blank expression. Still cute. “Feel free to let me know if you want to practice it through with me first anytime~” He said sheepishly, then finally looked back at the simulation screen. “Now…

As if finally content with himself, Vince was able to pull back from his own sadness and disappointment and returned to concentrating on being a proper professor. He had just returned from an emergency mission with Travis, where they were told to defeat three level C Poex that had gathered right outside the barrier near the edge of Raevedel. Situations such as this were beginning to alarm VHA more than before with the recent weakening in the barriers. Endless debates and meetings ended with no real conclusions except growing frustrations. Relying on magical technology alone is no longer enough, and to sacrifice people’s powers with the high chance of also taking away their life force to protect the barriers would be immoral. And the use of Lux to create safe barriers would take a much longer time than expected even if it’s possible. The risks were still too high.
So before any real solution could be reached, the VHA had been living on its tip toes, sending any Hunters over when they felt like the Poex outside the barrier was coming a bit too close.

So Vince ended up getting sent over too with his beloved partner Travis. Three level C Poex wasn’t too much of a deal, but when the ugly beasts roared into the air and attracted a huge group of level B’s and A’s over, the mission just ended up becoming rather annoying as it dragged on with waves of endless small poex. Halfway through, Vince was able to check the time and see that the simulation was about to start. He’d decided to start watching the simulation via his phone while trusting his shadow completely to take over his job to fight for his sake.

While he wasn’t able to concentrate perfectly, and he missed practically everything the third generation was saying throughout the simulation on his phone, he did manage to get a pretty good idea of how they were handling the assessment he and Ying pulled up together.

And now he sat here, finally able to concentrate on the assessment itself without dealing with the monsters outside. The faint smell of bloodshed still lingered on him, a reminder that he’s still a hunter on top of a professor, and had in fact just came back from a mission.

Green hues rested on the simulation screen just as the forest group obtained the key from the blind Poex, and the mansion team was about to leave the library with their new formulation.

Fingernails tapped along the arms of the chair, Vince watched them advance with deep interest.

It’s almost alarming how fast these Otherworlders could adapt to this situation.

Yesterday, they were just plunged into this world to fight against an enormous beast that they’d probably never seen before. Then suddenly they were forced to get used to this new world, and thrown into a random academy, and they could barely sleep a night before they were then told to be a part of a simulation that involved not only more fighting but also more thinking. It put their whole mentality and stress tolerance, if not also test their physical capabilities. Yet, they were doing...so well.

Well, not in the sense of professionalism. After all, rookies are rookies. However, the way they teamed up, shared strategies, and fought against the monsters they just realized existed one day ago. The incredible adaptability, if not their quick thinking and superb learning speed.

Did they already have something special about them before they even enter this world--is this why they’re chosen to become Otherworlders?

Look like he’d be having another group of spectacular...Interesting, students.

Vince blinked, feeling a small chill down his spine. “Very well,” he said, the corner of his mouth turned up as he repeated. “Very well.

Some of them looked like they already know how to use their powers and aren’t new to weapons. Looks like two of them are already in the forest handling the big ones,” green hues rested behind his round glasses as he peaked over at Kiyoshi and Fred. He began his evaluation on them, beginning with the forest group, starting with the most basic weaponry that may be suitable for some of them. “That third girl--Hanna--a bit rusty, perhaps newer to her powers? But probably not new to being in a messy situation. She’s keeping herself up well with the other two. She’s strong, mentally at least.

When he made the assessment, he put a wide range of weapons there to save him the effort to figure out later what type they fit best, and he’s glad that it looked like it was working out.

Frederika--I believe would be her name, would equip herself well with heavier weapons, she has a fine build to start with, years of training got her there. At first, when I saw her--I was thinking about a long sword for her, starting about 110cm with the ultimate goal of 125cm in length. But from how well she seems to be working together with that axe, I change my mind. That axe looks like it’ll make good buddies with her. They fit. Let’s see…” He rested his index finger on his chin as he mumbled out his thoughts. “Carbon steel...5 pounds…?

Kiyoshi--would be fine with his own weapons since he’s already comfortable with them. I can just give them a little touch later. Hanna rhymes well with the katana she’s holding--she moves fast, might fit better with a lighter blade....2.5 pound, thin katana...Hm. What do you think, Mitra?” Turning to look at his cute partner by his side, Vince leaned his head in his direction.

How about you tell me what you think of the mansion team? How are they keeping up? Do they need weapons? For me, it looks like they all need more supportive tools rather than weapons. And more experience and definitely...lessons,” Vince narrowed his eyes as the trio, in a panic, were attacked by the adorable little poex he happened to fight against one time and decided they were too cute not to use for this simulation, watching as Usami whisked her hands uselessly to no avail.

“Give me your evaluation on them, Mitra.”

---
Interacted/Mentioned: Nano Nano Dawnsx Dawnsx @ everyone

Last edited:
~Frederika von Eisenhart~
-- Batter Up! --

Wearing: Vehemen Academy Gym Uniform, female
Wielding: Worn greataxe
Carrying: Dagger, winter gloves, tarp
Location: Vehemen Academy, Basement, Virtual Training Room, Initial Assessment Simulation, Forest

---

The lack of reaction from the incubator disappointed Frederika somewhat, as she thought she'd had a momentary flash of insight. Then again, this evaluation is to be a test of our teamwork and resilience, not whether someone can catch a lucky break. Ah well, she mused as the Poex roared from her roommate's continued display of pyromancy, more pressing matters await regardless. As the gigantic monstrosity closed to attack, its terrifying claw streaking in from above in a eerily similar situation as the day prior, Frederika steeled herself. "Nicht heute Feind! Your forebearer betrays your maneuver!" With a tremendous swing, she met the attack head on, and as the creature's claws dug into Frederika's side yet again, the axe head slammed into the creature's outstretched limb, tearing tendons and sinew apart in a vicious display of Frederika's iron-clad intent. As each respective side withdrew, the damage results were clear: the creature was left to contend with a disabled leg, awkwardly clambering around on only three legs, while similarly Fredi stumbled backwards, now nursing her wounded side. As she fought to recover her stance, she glanced over to survey Kiyoshi's portal progress, and indeed, watched a small metal object drop into his hands. Mission success. Vunderbar, she thought, before a twinge of pain cut off her celebration.

The boy waited for an opening, before darting in closer, raising his voice to be heard above the battle. "Frederika, Hanna," he called. "I move that we should relocate to the mansion? I think this incubator is a dead end for now."

The blonde warrior took a look back to where the creature was now assailing Hanna, and nodded. "Ja, I am in agreement, and with concern as to the number of smaller Poex that are now inevitably in assault of our compatriots. A single wound is an annoyance," she pontificated, taking another quick look at her own, which, while still oozing crimson was beginning to stem its flow, "a hundred wounds is certain death." With that she gingerly disengaged from the battle, retreating over to the grass thicket she had dropped the lantern in. With a bloodied hand, she hefted it anew, and began to slowly move back towards the mansion to clear the path.

---

Interaction: vxnilla vxnilla
Mention: Nessi Nessi

Last edited:

Ravyn

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy
trying not to die

Ravyn kept trying to deflect the Poex, but was getting overwhelmed. She was doing a strange dance, spinning and hopping, while trying to avoid the Poex nipping at her ankles. She was just about to be fully overwhelmed when bam! A shield appeared in front of her.

Yes!! Usami you queen!!

Then Ravyn realized that when she sent the blast, she likely blasted her teammates back too. Whoops. But the team was getting overwhelmed quickly and the Poex from upstairs were likely on their way. Not to mention the Poex now flanking them to attack from behind, and the headache looming at the corners of her mind.
"Fall back! Let's try to make it to the dining room!"

The redhead began to slowly make her way back to be in line with the other two, still trying to push as many Poex back as she could. She glanced towards the dark-haired girl to her right.
"Great job on the shields, Usami. I would be dead without you Is there any possibility that you can connect the three? And Adrian--"
Ravyn looked over to the boy, trying to ignore the Poex bodies lying in his wake. Then she looked up and saw the chandelier. Idea.
"Do you think you could bring it down?"
She nodded up the the light fixture.

Please let this go quickly. I need to stop...

This was absolutely the most magical exertian Ravyn had ever faced. Sure, she could do little things confidently, but all this... this was brand new territory. She was even discovering new things about herself, especially this weird survival mode she was in. Who would have thought she wouldn't be dead by now?

Poex kill count: 0

Ravyn kept trying to deflect the Poex, but was getting overwhelmed. She was doing a strange dance, spinning and hopping while trying to avoid the Poex nipping at her ankles. She was just about to be fully overwhelmed when bam! A shield appeared in front of her.

Yes!! Usami you queen!!

Then Ravyn realized that when she sent the blast, she likely blasted her teammates back too. Whoops. But the team was getting overwhelmed quickly and the Poex from upstairs were likely on their way. Not to mention the Poex now flanking them to attack from behind, and the headache looming at the corners of her mind.
"Fall back! Let's try to make it to the dining room!"

The redhead began to slowly make her way back to be in line with the other two, still trying to push as many Poex back as she could. She glanced towards the dark-haired girl to her right.
"Great job on the shields, Usami. I would be dead without you. Is there any possibility that you can connect the three? And Adrian--"
Ravyn looked over to the boy, trying to ignore the Poex bodies lying in his wake. Then she looked up and saw the chandelier. Idea.
"Do you think you could bring it down?"
She nodded up the the light fixture.

Please let this go quickly. I need to stop...

This was absolutely the most magical exertian Ravyn had ever faced. Sure, she could do little things confidently, but all this... this was brand new territory. She was even discovering new things about herself, especially this weird survival mode she was in. Who would have thought she wouldn't be dead by now?

Poex kill count: 0

Last edited:

Endo Usami

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

Ammunition

Everything was thrown into chaos. After Ravyn and Adrian disposed of their opponents—whether it be rendering the ferals unconscious from blunt force trauma or slashing their flesh with a blade—it wouldn't be long before the second round of Poex would burst through the broken windows.

However, somewhere in the midst of the chaos, Usami was enduring profound relief. "I can't believe I did it," she kept repeating to herself while Ravyn and Adrian dealt with their loose ends. Her perception of time returned to normal as her eyes no longer sported a glow, but she fought to keep her defenses up. Her hands, which she held in front of her, were shaking as she did her best to hold up the only support she could provide for her peers. She was afraid despite her relief, afraid that if she were to look away, her defenses would drop and she wouldn't be able to pull them up again in time.

It was the additional commotion coming from the floor above them that was beginning to fill Usami with dread. They were about to be surrounded from all sides? How quaint their situation was becoming.

"Fall back! Let's try to make it to the dining room," she heard Ravyn holler from ahead and it was an idea that Usami was grateful to hear. The rumbling coming from behind was making Usami twitch. Her instincts were screaming for her to get out of there even if it meant leaving the others behind, but when Ravyn fell back beside her and said, "Great job on the shields, Usami. I would be dead without you." There was no way she could leave them behind. Initially, it was crazy of Usami to decide that for herself—completely unlike her actually. It was Usami who preferred to flee from conflict and truly believed that every man was for themselves. So it was only natural that she deemed these people, who barely knew Usami and still went as far as defending her, as beyond crazy... but who knows, maybe in their short time together, their craziness was rubbing off on her?

"Is there any possibility that you can connect the three?"

Pushing through the doubt that threatened to shroud her, Usami nodded her head. There was urgency in the air and she knew what task laid ahead and the risks that followed closely behind, but it was worth a shot. While Ravyn instructed Adrian to do something for her—a plan that Usami was quickly catching wind of—Usami pushed herself up from the ground. Would she be able to bring the shields back up in time? Usami gulped. She hoped so.

The silent girl was beginning to position herself and let's not forget the mental preparation. She dropped the shields the moment Adrian's last Poex was slaughtered. It was almost alarming how fluid he was with dealing with the Poex. There was almost not an ounce of hesitation and his strength was worthy to note as impressive in Usami's eyes. Could she be jealous? Quite possibly but could she bring herself to inflict the same amount of violence as he had just now?

Usami shook away the thought. "We must hurry," she suddenly spoke up after sensing the numbers closing in on them. Usami had already picked up her items from the ground and she was looking at the staircases behind her. Her gaze would meet with Adrian's and for the first time, she possessed a look other than utter vacancy. It was one washed with promise. "I got your back," she said before howls echoed from all around them.

coded by weldherwings.

Everything was thrown into chaos. After Ravyn and Adrian disposed of their opponents—whether it be rendering the ferals unconscious from blunt force trauma or slashing their flesh with a blade—it wouldn't be long before the second round of Poex would burst through the broken windows.

However, somewhere in the midst of the chaos, Usami was enduring profound relief. "I can't believe I did it," she kept repeating to herself while Ravyn and Adrian dealt with their loose ends. Her perception of time returned to normal as her eyes no longer sported a glow, but she fought to keep her defenses up. Her hands, which she held in front of her, were shaking as she did her best to hold up the only support she could provide for her peers. She was afraid despite her relief, afraid that if she were to look away, her defenses would drop and she wouldn't be able to pull them up again in time.

It was the additional commotion coming from the floor above them that was beginning to fill Usami with dread. They were about to be surrounded from all sides? How quaint their situation was becoming.

"Fall back! Let's try to make it to the dining room," she heard Ravyn holler from ahead and it was an idea that Usami was grateful to hear. The rumbling coming from behind was making Usami twitch. Her instincts were screaming for her to get out of there even if it meant leaving the others behind, but when Ravyn fell back beside her and said, "Great job on the shields, Usami. I would be dead without you." There was no way she could leave them behind. Initially, it was crazy of Usami to decide that for herself—completely unlike her actually. It was Usami who preferred to flee from conflict and truly believed that every man was for themselves. So it was only natural that she deemed these people, who barely knew Usami and still went as far as defending her, as beyond crazy... but who knows, maybe in their short time together, their craziness was rubbing off on her?

"Is there any possibility that you can connect the three?"

Pushing through the doubt that threatened to shroud her, Usami nodded her head. There was urgency in the air and she knew what task laid ahead and the risks that followed closely behind, but it was worth a shot. While Ravyn instructed Adrian to do something for her—a plan that Usami was quickly catching wind of—Usami pushed herself up from the ground. Would she be able to bring the shields back up in time? Usami gulped. She hoped so.

The silent girl was beginning to position herself and let's not forget the mental preparation. She dropped the shields the moment Adrian's last Poex was slaughtered. It was almost alarming how fluid he was with dealing with the Poex. There was almost not an ounce of hesitation and his strength was worthy to note as impressive in Usami's eyes. Could she be jealous? Quite possibly but could she bring herself to inflict the same amount of violence as he had just now?

Usami shook away the thought. "We must hurry," she suddenly spoke up after sensing the numbers closing in on them. Usami had already picked up her items from the ground and she was looking at the staircases behind her. Her gaze would meet with Adrian's and for the first time, she possessed a look other than utter vacancy. It was one washed with promise. "I got your back," she said before howls echoed from all around them.

Last edited:

Adrian September
Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

"Fall back!" Ravyn's order rang through the air. "Let's try to make it to the dining room!"

Having repelled the wave of Poex and gained a little bit of breathing room, Adrian pulled back quickly. The growing horde of Poex, while still ever-present, appeared to be acting more cautiously and positioning themselves rather than rushing the Otherworlders en masse. They had some sort of intelligence, it seemed. While their lack of action gave him the opportunity to recollect himself, it made the vicious creatures all the more dangerous. Soon enough, however, the trio were reassembled close to the staircase. Even with the somewhat reassuring presence of the other two, Adrian knew that their position was perilous. Above them, beyond the short hallway that lay at the top of the stairs, the audible presence of more Poex grew louder and louder. The remainder of the swarm was moving and they were fast.

"Great job on the shields, Usami. I would be dead without you Is there any possibility that you can connect the three? And Adrian--" Adrian didn't look at Ravyn as she spoke, not wanting to take his gaze off of the Poex was even a fraction of a second. "Do you think you could bring it down?"

"It-?" Adrian unwillingly turned to the telekinetic and followed her gesture up to the two large chandeliers hanging from the center of the ceiling. Could he? The structures were massive and quite securely bolted down. Perhaps with more time? But no, they had none of that left now. Adrian bit his lip.

"We must hurry," Usami spoke up from behind. The sense of urgency continued to multiply. The dark-haired boy eye flicked to the quiet girl. She was watching him, her gaze steady and strong and unlike anything he'd seen from her before. "I got your back."

Adrian nodded to her silently and straightened his spine. Ignoring the deafening cry of death on his pale horse, he faced the ceiling and raised both arms above his head, armored fingers splayed. Beyond him, the Poex whipped themselves into a howling frenzy, seemingly bolstered by the incoming presence of their comrades. None of that mattered now. He focused on the the large crystal and metal structures above and drew them down. The chandeliers' chains creaked and strained under the increasing pressure. The horde, perhaps sensing some sort of urgency of their own, began to advance towards the group.

Finally, the short chains snapped with a sharp crack. The massive structures, each of them larger than Adrian himself, rushed to the ground, aided by their own weight and Adrian's powers. The pair crashed down upon the front lines of the Poex mob with an ear-splitting cacophony. What was once beautifully ornate and masterfully crafted metal bent and snapped upon contact with the ground, expensive crystal shattering into thousands of razor sharp shards. The Poex below let out harsh, pained cries as their flesh was shredded into ribbons by the crystal or crushed by the heavy metal.

Adrian staggered backward, just barely managing to keep himself on his feet. Head throbbing painfully, he halfheartedly raised a heavy, leaden arm to shield his face from flying debris. Thankfully, his lackluster attempt was proven unnecessary as the fragments were deflected by the shield Usami had raised. Feeling the exhaustion wash over him in waves, he dropped his arm.

"It's... time to go," Adrian panted, beginning to back up to the dining room entrance. On the second floor, there was a series of howls. The long-awaited Poex burst through the doorways. At the same time, the monsters directly in front of them picked themselves up. As destructive a crash as the chandeliers had been, it seemed that very few of the Poex had been felled. Others lay in various states of injury, but the vast majority were not majorly harmed. On both sides, the Poex advanced.

Kill Count: 10

"Fall back!" Ravyn's order rang through the air. "Let's try to make it to the dining room!"

Having repelled the wave of Poex and gained a little bit of breathing room, Adrian pulled back quickly. The growing horde of Poex, while still ever-present, appeared to be acting more cautiously and positioning themselves rather than rushing the Otherworlders en masse. They had some sort of intelligence, it seemed. While their lack of action gave him the opportunity to recollect himself, it made the vicious creatures all the more dangerous. Soon enough, however, the trio were reassembled close to the staircase. Even with the somewhat reassuring presence of the other two, Adrian knew that their position was perilous. Above them, beyond the short hallway that lay at the top of the stairs, the audible presence of more Poex grew louder and louder. The remainder of the swarm was moving and they were fast.

"Great job on the shields, Usami. I would be dead without you Is there any possibility that you can connect the three? And Adrian--" Adrian didn't look at Ravyn as she spoke, not wanting to take his gaze off of the Poex was even a fraction of a second. "Do you think you could bring it down?"

"It-?" Adrian unwillingly turned to the telekinetic and followed her gesture up to the two large chandeliers hanging from the center of the ceiling. Could he? The structures were massive and quite securely bolted down. Perhaps with more time? But no, they had none of that left now. Adrian bit his lip.

"We must hurry," Usami spoke up from behind. The sense of urgency continued to multiply. The dark-haired boy eye flicked to the quiet girl. She was watching him, her gaze steady and strong and unlike anything he'd seen from her before. "I got your back."

Adrian nodded to her silently and straightened his spine. Ignoring the deafening cry of death on his pale horse, he faced the ceiling and raised both arms above his head, armored fingers splayed. Beyond him, the Poex whipped themselves into a howling frenzy, seemingly bolstered by the incoming presence of their comrades. None of that mattered now. He focused on the the large crystal and metal structures above and drew them down. The chandeliers' chains creaked and strained under the increasing pressure. The horde, perhaps sensing some sort of urgency of their own, began to advance towards the group.

Finally, the short chains snapped with a sharp crack. The massive structures, each of them larger than Adrian himself, rushed to the ground, aided by their own weight and Adrian's powers. The pair crashed down upon the front lines of the Poex mob with an ear-splitting cacophony. What was once beautifully ornate and masterfully crafted metal bent and snapped upon contact with the ground, expensive crystal shattering into thousands of razor sharp shards. The Poex below let out harsh, pained cries as their flesh was shredded into ribbons by the crystal or crushed by the heavy metal.

Adrian staggered backward, just barely managing to keep himself on his feet. Head throbbing painfully, he halfheartedly raised a heavy, leaden arm to shield his face from flying debris. Thankfully, his lackluster attempt was proven unnecessary as the fragments were deflected by the shield Usami had raised. Feeling the exhaustion wash over him in waves, he dropped his arm.

"It's... time to go," Adrian panted, beginning to back up to the dining room entrance. On the second floor, there was a series of howls. The long-awaited Poex burst through the doorways. At the same time, the monsters directly in front of them picked themselves up. As destructive a crash as the chandeliers had been, it seemed that very few of the Poex had been felled. Others lay in various states of injury, but the vast majority were not majorly harmed. On both sides, the Poex advanced.

Endo Usami

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

Ammunition

role: third generation

"There's too many of them!"

The new wave of Poex was almost double the amount of the first group the trio encountered. With her eyes aglow, Usami could make out the bodies of her enemies. She used her adrenaline to her advantage and focused her energy on constructing a single shield in the shape of a semi-dome. She has never done something so large-scaled, so she was surprised with herself. However, the time to admire her work was short-lived. She hadn't expected her body to begin to sting as if she were burning from the inside out— from her lungs, to her arms, and to the tips of her fingers she was in pain.

Usami felt like choking, whether it be for air, water, or for a break. She felt like a shabby house sitting along the coastline while a hurricane raged against her. Every Poex that bashed against the see-through barrier caused cracks to form and Usami could do nothing but flinch and hold on tight. The amount of pressure soon brought her down on her haunches with her left forearm held out in front of her.

Usami witnessed the chandeliers fall and the fatal cries were like music to her ears. The girl dropped her defenses when she thought they were safe. Was that enough to stop them, she wondered as she moved to push her fallen hair back, but she hissed at the simple touch and pulled away. Her hands were hot to the touch and were oozing with what looked like steam. "What the—."

"It's... time to go,"
she heard Adrian, and before she could spare him a glance, a Poex, one who survived the chandelier and risen from the rubble, barreled against Usami's side. The girl yelped and tumbled to the ground with the horned creature. The impact caused Usami's knife to be knocked a few feet away. The two wrestled onto the ground and during their rumble, the Poex from the floor above made themselves known.

With the base of her walking stick holding the Poex back, Usami struggled to throw off its weight. She knew that the Poex above them would soon enough join the ranks down below. Then, on cue, it began to rain.

It was almost like a colorful blur coming down the staircase. Poex after Poex broke through the banisters and fell onto the ground floor. Some injured themselves while others used the bodies of the fallen as cushions. One of those said Poex fell directly above Adrian as he was retreating. The Poex dug its paws into his back and latched itself onto the soft flesh of Adrian's shoulder.

Usami's eyes widened at the sight. In a surge of anguish, Usami brought her knees to her chest and kicked the Poex off of her body with all her might—ignoring her lower limbs screaming in protest. She rolled off the ground as quick as she could, grabbed hold of her knife, and flung it recklessly. The knife spun through the air and just when Usami thought she completely missed her target, the knife embedded itself into the space between the Poex's horns. The creature unlatched its hold on Adrian and slumped to the ground.

Ignoring the pain throughout her body, Usami ran over to Adrian and grabbed the front of his shirt, cringing as blood seeped through the cotton. "R-Ravyn," she yelled out to the redhead in a shaken voice. She pulled the male toward the dining room entrance. "Take him now," she said with urgency, pushing the body toward the redhead.

"Behind you," her conscious screamed. Immediately as Usami turned around, time became slow once again. She stared up at the Poex she tangoed with; every bodily detail could be seen as clear as day. The Poex stared back at her with its irritating grin—that annoying shit-eating grin. Once its mouth opened wide enough, Usami took her walking stick in two hands, grasped it tightly, and drove the end into the awaited opening. The Poex choked at the intrusion, squirming viciously to escape the pain, but Usami wasn't finished. She shoved the end of her walking stick further down its jugular until the end of the stick broke free from its flesh. The girl's face remained composed when she released her grip—unshaken by the blood that now stained her.

Usami didn't have enough time to retrieve the stick. She left the Poex effigy and retreated with the others in a hasteful limp while the sea of Poex ran hot on their tail...

Kill Count: 2

coded by weldherwings.

The new wave of Poex was almost double the amount of the first group the trio encountered. With her eyes aglow, Usami could make out the bodies of her enemies. She used her adrenaline to her advantage and focused her energy on constructing a single shield in the shape of a semi-dome. She has never done something so large-scaled, so she was surprised with herself. However, the time to admire her work was short-lived. She hadn't expected her body to begin to sting as if she were burning from the inside out— from her lungs, to her arms, and to the tips of her fingers she was in pain.

Usami felt like choking, whether it be for air, water, or for a break. She felt like a shabby house sitting along the coastline while a hurricane raged against her. Every Poex that bashed against the see-through barrier caused cracks to form and Usami could do nothing but flinch and hold on tight. The amount of pressure soon brought her down on her haunches with her left forearm held out in front of her.

Usami witnessed the chandeliers fall and the fatal cries were like music to her ears. The girl dropped her defenses when she thought they were safe. Was that enough to stop them, she wondered as she moved to push her fallen hair back, but she hissed at the simple touch and pulled away. Her hands were hot to the touch and were oozing with what looked like steam. "What the—."

"It's... time to go,"
she heard Adrian, and before she could spare him a glance, a Poex, one who survived the chandelier and risen from the rubble, barreled against Usami's side. The girl yelped and tumbled to the ground with the horned creature. The impact caused Usami's knife to be knocked a few feet away. The two wrestled onto the ground and during their rumble, the Poex from the floor above made themselves known.

With the base of her walking stick holding the Poex back, Usami struggled to throw off its weight. She knew that the Poex above them would soon enough join the ranks down below. Then, on cue, it began to rain.

It was almost like a colorful blur coming down the staircase. Poex after Poex broke through the banisters and fell onto the ground floor. Some injured themselves while others used the bodies of the fallen as cushions. One of those said Poex fell directly above Adrian as he was retreating. The Poex dug its paws into his back and latched itself onto the soft flesh of Adrian's shoulder.

Usami's eyes widened at the sight. In a surge of anguish, Usami brought her knees to her chest and kicked the Poex off of her body with all her might—ignoring her lower limbs screaming in protest. She rolled off the ground as quick as she could, grabbed hold of her knife, and flung it recklessly. The knife spun through the air and just when Usami thought she completely missed her target, the knife embedded itself into the space between the Poex's horns. The creature unlatched its hold on Adrian and slumped to the ground.

Ignoring the pain throughout her body, Usami ran over to Adrian and grabbed the front of his shirt, cringing as blood seeped through the cotton. "R-Ravyn," she yelled out to the redhead in a shaken voice. She pulled the male toward the dining room entrance. "Take him now," she said with urgency, pushing the body toward the redhead.

"Behind you," her conscious screamed. Immediately as Usami turned around, time became slow once again. She stared up at the Poex she tangoed with; every bodily detail could be seen as clear as day. The Poex stared back at her with its irritating grin—that annoying shit-eating grin. Once its mouth opened wide enough, Usami took her walking stick in two hands, grasped it tightly, and drove the end into the awaited opening. The Poex choked at the intrusion, squirming viciously to escape the pain, but Usami wasn't finished. She shoved the end of her walking stick further down its jugular until the end of the stick broke free from its flesh. The girl's face remained composed when she released her grip—unshaken by the blood that now stained her.

Usami didn't have enough time to retrieve the stick. She left the Poex effigy and retreated with the others in a hasteful limp while the sea of Poex ran hot on their tail...

Kill Count: 2

Last edited:

Ravyn

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy
trying not to die

Ravyn watched as the shield glitched, reformed, and the chandelier came crashing down.

"Hell yeah!" Ravyn exclaimed, but her excitement was shortlived as things promptly went to shit after that. The upstairs Poex began to pour down at them. The chandelier may have worked and injured many, but the added chaos was too much. With all her might, Ravyn tried to throw them back at each other like bowling balls.

Ravyn began to move back towards the dining room. "Let's go!"

Then, from out of the corner of her eye, she saw a Poex leap through the air, almost in slow motion, and land on Adrian's back. The redhead tried to run back in time but her legs felt like wood- exhaustion was setting in. Before her eyes, the sweet dark-haired girl moved like a flash and drove her knife into the Poex's skull.

"R-Ravyn, take him now," she heard then witnessed Usami proceeds to shove her walking stick down a Poex's throat. Alrighty then.

The redhead barely had time to process what was going on until the bloodied Adrian was pushed in her general direction. As Ravyn barely caught him, something snapped and she bit back a cry of pain. Ravyn raced to the dining room as fast as her tired, burdened body could muster. She blasted a pathway in the Poex despite her head pounding. Ravyn reached towards the door handle, fumbled for a moment, then pushed it open- nearly falling in the process. She essentially dropped Adrian like a sack of potatoes and twisted to reach out for Usami to yank her inside.

"Come on, come on! Go go go!"

Ravyn pulled Usami in and sent one more blast before slamming the door. She tumbled down onto her bottom and looked towards the door. It wasn't fully shut. A blue and white paw forced its way through, followed by the demonic face of a tiny feral Poex. It shoved its way in and leaped for Ravyn's throat. Without thinking, she grabbed a knife with her uninjured arm and let the Poex jump onto it. The knife sunk into it and the Poex went limp. Despite the immense pain in her wrist, Ravyn reached out with her other arm and telekinetically shut the door once more.

At that moment, everything sank in. Ravyn killed something. A small squeak escaped her throat, and she immediately dropped the knife.

In three, two, one… A headache came in full force. Her wrist? Most likely broken too. Everything. F*cking. Hurt.

At least she was alive! That was a plus... Right?

Subconsciously, the answer was yes, but currently? Hell Nah.

Poex kill count: 1

Ravyn watched as the shield glitched, reformed, and the chandelier came crashing down.

"Hell yeah!" Ravyn exclaimed, but her excitement was shortlived as things promptly went to shit after that. The upstairs Poex began to pour down at them. The chandelier may have worked and injured many, but the added chaos was too much. With all her might, Ravyn tried to throw them back at each other like bowling balls.

Ravyn began to move back towards the dining room. "Let's go!"

Then, from out of the corner of her eye, she saw a Poex leap through the air, almost in slow motion, and land on Adrian's back. The redhead tried to run back in time but her legs felt like wood- exhaustion was setting in. Before her eyes, the sweet dark-haired girl moved like a flash and drove her knife into the Poex's skull.

"R-Ravyn, take him now," she heard then witnessed Usami proceeds to shove her walking stick down a Poex's throat. Alrighty then.

The redhead barely had time to process what was going on until the bloodied Adrian was pushed in her general direction. As Ravyn barely caught him, something snapped and she bit back a cry of pain. Ravyn raced to the dining room as fast as her tired, burdened body could muster. She blasted a pathway in the Poex despite her head pounding. Ravyn reached towards the door handle, fumbled for a moment, then pushed it open- nearly falling in the process. She essentially dropped Adrian like a sack of potatoes and twisted to reach out for Usami to yank her inside.

"Come on, come on! Go go go!"

Ravyn pulled Usami in and sent one more blast before slamming the door. She tumbled down onto her bottom and looked towards the door. It wasn't fully shut. A blue and white paw forced its way through, followed by the demonic face of a tiny feral Poex. It shoved its way in and leaped for Ravyn's throat. Without thinking, she grabbed a knife with her uninjured arm and let the Poex jump onto it. The knife sunk into it and the Poex went limp. Despite the immense pain in her wrist, Ravyn reached out with her other arm and telekinetically shut the door once more.

At that moment, everything sank in. Ravyn killed something. A small squeak escaped her throat, and she immediately dropped the knife.

In three, two, one… A headache came in full force. Her wrist? Most likely broken too. Everything. F*cking. Hurt.

At least she was alive! That was a plus... Right?

Subconsciously, the answer was yes, but currently? Hell Nah.

Poex kill count: 1

Last edited:
Once the mansion team makes it past the double doors, they would find themselves in a wide and spacious dining room. At the center of the room was a long dining table covered by pristine, white tablecloth. Surrounding it was several dining armchairs with red velvet cushions, one at each end of the table and three on each side. An open hearth fireplace sat adjacent to the double doors with a window on either side. Similar to the entrance hall, two large chandeliers hung on the ceiling to provide lighting.

It would be easily be a dining room befitting of a king, if not for the stray rat or two that scampered aimlessly.

Opposite of the entrance were two doors. The one on the right led to the kitchen, which was less than half the size of the dining room, but still much more spacious than one would find in an average home. A bit of searching would reveal the lack of any sorts of food. The fridge was unplugged, and the cabinets didn't hold any non-perishables. It was otherwise unremarkable, with appliances and tools that one would expect to see in a kitchen.

The other door, leading to the storage room, had a note attached to it, written in handwriting similar to the one in the library.

Dear Sebastian,

Do take care when you enter the storage room. The floorboards in there are getting worse for wear, and we wouldn't want an accident happening.

Upon entering the storage room, the mansion team would find that the floors were, as the note had warned, incredibly worn and creaky. They would then undoubtedly hear tiny squeaks before seeing countless rats scurrying across the floor. One rat, near indistinguishable from the others aside from its notably smaller size, trailed along the edges of the room among his many fellow rodents. There was nothing remarkable about its activity until it abruptly disappeared. If anyone noticed and cared to investigate the spot where it vanished, they'd find a small hole in the floor. If they chose to peep through it, they'd see another room down below. From the limited angle, they wouldn't be able to see anything other than a lone treasure chest directly below the hole.

Unlike the other rooms, the storage room was only dimly lit by the moonlight filtering through a window towards the back. If they had the nerve to venture deeper, they'd find rows of shelves lining the walls. Each was filled to the brim with unused kitchen tools, old clothing, papers, and anything else possible. Oddly enough, there wasn't a trace of food in there to warrant the rat infestation.

Thankfully, whoever maintained the room had some sense to organize the objects by their variety. A bit of probing within the stacks of documents and papers would reveal a crude floor plan of the mansion. But contrary to the information they received from the rat and what could be seen from the hole in the floor, there wasn't a basement outlined on the floor plan, let alone a possible way down there.

Aside from the rats in the room, the only thing that seemed out of place was a device resembling a digital clock wedged among the stacks of old clothes. Its screen was directly facing the door, the numbers of the digital display creating an eerie red glow.

0/50

xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx nios nios OldTurtle OldTurtle

Adrian September
Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

Adrian moved towards to dining room entrance, hobbled by his exhaustion. The Poex were coming. Or, more accurately, they were already there. He payed little attention to the others, knowing that in his condition, he couldn't afford to slow down. But even with the knowledge, Adrian couldn't help but stop and turn when a pained yelp rang out. Usami, lay on the floor, struggling against a Poex with only her walking stick to help. Before he could even think about helping her, the Poex from the second floor attacked.

They poured over the staircase like a waterfall of destruction, tearing through the bannisters to crash down on the scene, disregarding whatever injuries were caused by such a fall. Distracted by the chaotic situation, Adrian was too slow to react as one of the venomous monsters fell down onto him. Adrian's eyes widened as it slammed into his left shoulder, only aware of its descent a fraction of a second before it arrived. Snarling violently, he reached to rip it off of him, but once again, was too long.

The weasel-like creature sunk its fangs deep into Adrian's flesh. With a harsh, choked gasp, his raising hand fell before it could so much as brush the Poex's horns. At first, there was no pain. Just the odd knowledge that something foreign was invading a place it shouldn't be in. His arms fell limp and everything went foggy. Through the haze of his perception, Adrian dimly noted something happening. The Poex released its hold on Adrian and fell away. Adrian's knees buckled and fell.

Instead of tumbling to the floor, however, Adrian found himself leaning against something else. Blinking blearily, he recognized Usami's face for a brief moment before it fell away and a new one came into sight. Ravyn, this time. They were moving again now, forwards somewhere.

Then Adrian slammed into the ground. A sharp flare of pain in his shoulder suddenly resurrected his consciousness. With his vision clearing, Adrian stared up at the unfamiliar ceiling. Slowly, his senses returned to him. And with it came the dull pain. Everything hurt, though some areas more than others. Breathing heavily with a clenched jaw, he struggled up into a sitting position. He brushed two fingers against his left shoulder, the location of the throbbing. Feeling another spike of pain, he pulled them away. The tips of his fingers were painted red. Oh, shit.

Adrian tried to move his arm to little effect. He tried to struggle through the strange numbness that lay in the limb but every single twitch only caused more pain, the blood stain on his shirt growing larger and larger. Quickly enough, he abandoned the idea. Instead, he tenderly pressed his palm against the wound. It hurt. A lot. But it wasn't as much as he'd expected. Strangely enough, the level of pain was something that eh could manage. The bigger issue was the bleeding. Adrian applied more pressure to his shoulder in an attempt to slow the flow, biting down a shriek at the feeling.

At the same time, Adrian tried to reacquaint himself with his location. The dining room - it couldn't have been anything else, really - was spacious and as opulent as the rest of the mansion. Unlike the entrance hall, however, it was also furnished. Temporarily ignoring everything else, Adrian rose to his feet with his right hand still pressed against his shoulder. Kicking the axe aside from where it lay fallen on the ground, he stumbled over to the nearest chair and crumpled into the seat.

"What... happened?" Adrian asked, only now deciding to pay attention to the other two and their condition. "Are you two alright?"

Adrian moved towards to dining room entrance, hobbled by his exhaustion. The Poex were coming. Or, more accurately, they were already there. He payed little attention to the others, knowing that in his condition, he couldn't afford to slow down. But even with the knowledge, Adrian couldn't help but stop and turn when a pained yelp rang out. Usami, lay on the floor, struggling against a Poex with only her walking stick to help. Before he could even think about helping her, the Poex from the second floor attacked.

They poured over the staircase like a waterfall of destruction, tearing through the bannisters to crash down on the scene, disregarding whatever injuries were caused by such a fall. Distracted by the chaotic situation, Adrian was too slow to react as one of the venomous monsters fell down onto him. Adrian's eyes widened as it slammed into his left shoulder, only aware of its descent a fraction of a second before it arrived. Snarling violently, he reached to rip it off of him, but once again, was too long.

The weasel-like creature sunk its fangs deep into Adrian's flesh. With a harsh, choked gasp, his raising hand fell before it could so much as brush the Poex's horns. At first, there was no pain. Just the odd knowledge that something foreign was invading a place it shouldn't be in. His arms fell limp and everything went foggy. Through the haze of his perception, Adrian dimly noted something happening. The Poex released its hold on Adrian and fell away. Adrian's knees buckled and fell.

Instead of tumbling to the floor, however, Adrian found himself leaning against something else. Blinking blearily, he recognized Usami's face for a brief moment before it fell away and a new one came into sight. Ravyn, this time. They were moving again now, forwards somewhere.

Then Adrian slammed into the ground. A sharp flare of pain in his shoulder suddenly resurrected his consciousness. With his vision clearing, Adrian stared up at the unfamiliar ceiling. Slowly, his senses returned to him. And with it came the dull pain. Everything hurt, though some areas more than others. Breathing heavily with a clenched jaw, he struggled up into a sitting position. He brushed two fingers against his left shoulder, the location of the throbbing. Feeling another spike of pain, he pulled them away. The tips of his fingers were painted red. Oh, shit.

Adrian tried to move his arm to little effect. He tried to struggle through the strange numbness that lay in the limb but every single twitch only caused more pain, the blood stain on his shirt growing larger and larger. Quickly enough, he abandoned the idea. Instead, he tenderly pressed his palm against the wound. It hurt. A lot. But it wasn't as much as he'd expected. Strangely enough, the level of pain was something that eh could manage. The bigger issue was the bleeding. Adrian applied more pressure to his shoulder in an attempt to slow the flow, biting down a shriek at the feeling.

At the same time, Adrian tried to reacquaint himself with his location. The dining room - it couldn't have been anything else, really - was spacious and as opulent as the rest of the mansion. Unlike the entrance hall, however, it was also furnished. Temporarily ignoring everything else, Adrian rose to his feet with his right hand still pressed against his shoulder. Kicking the axe aside from where it lay fallen on the ground, he stumbled over to the nearest chair and crumpled into the seat.

"What... happened?" Adrian asked, only now deciding to pay attention to the other two and their condition. "Are you two alright?"

Last edited:

Hanna Aldrin

Health (critical)

Stamina

Magical Enegry

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony vxnilla vxnilla

One moment, Hanna was running towards her team, the next, Hanna was sent flying into the forest by the poex. "Fuck!" She yelled before slamming into a tree, this time, much harder then before. The impact knocked the wind out of her, and when she tried to breath in, she felt a sharp pain. Hanna wanted to scream, but was able to hold it, digging her nails into the ground. Hanna slowly breathed in, and then breathed out, repeating this until she felt like she could stand up. "Not groovy, not groovy at all." She muttered before slowly making her way towards her teammates. She followed the group silently, going through the portals that Kyoshi made in order to get to the mansion faster.

The group arrived at the manison, and Hanna could hear the small poex scurrying around inside. "Sounds like a lot of em in there, we could force our way in, or look around the outside, and find a place to slip into unannounced." Hanna proposed. She was sweating profusely, and still felt a sharp pain every now and again when she breathed in, wincing when she felt it. "Kyoshi, you should contact Ravyn, tell her that we're here, and ask her how we can get to her." Hanna suggested before slowly setting herself down. "Or unless you have a better idea?" Hanna asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back