• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [CLOSED] Vehemen Academy - Academy of Hunters

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Considering the RWBY inspiration, should we be planning for characters to wield both melee weapons and firearms?

mindheist mindheist PixelSymphony PixelSymphony angelscanfly angelscanfly StaidFoal StaidFoal Nano Nano fin fin Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Donut Fret Donut Fret OldTurtle OldTurtle xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx

I apologize if this is a little late and if some of you have already made a character. In response to Pixel’s question as well and some rethinking to OldTurtle OldTurtle question who may be thinking of the same thing as RWBY’s advanced weaponry, there are a couple things that I have failed to mention in the character sheets rules and lore that I have been wanting to add but didn’t get the chance to do so officially today. These are all things that will be eventually updated in the CS.

1. In regards to weapons and supernatural powers, after some thoughts, I have decided to put on some limitations or at least, modifications on its usage. This is because this roleplay has a main focus on using supernatural powers instead and weapons should be more so of an assistant tool on the side which I previously deem should not be that important. If both strong supernatural powers and advanced weapons (mix of melee weapons and firearms with hella cool powers on its own) are used for the same character, that’s a bit overboard, don’t cha think? With that said, weapons are still very important, and I am a very easily swayed person who can’t say no. Therefore, this is what I came up with. I am free to listen to any other suggestions otherwise if you have better ideas, or maybe this is what you already have in mind haha:

- First of all, this will be a flaw that all supernatural power users will experience, especially as OtherWorlders who are not born with the powers. Your body will eventually tire from the extensive use of the powers. This is a limit that everyone will experience that I forgot to include in the CS and lore, so keep it in mind.

- Each character will eventually have their own specific weapon made for them in which they’ll receive shortly after entering the academy. The type of weapon will be the weapon you have described in the CS, either the original or slightly modified. Supernatural powers will be divided into two types: Dependency Power and Free Reign.

Dependency Power, or Weapon-based powers, means that your supernatural powers require the use of an exterior borrower to unleash its full potential. The advantage of this is that you will not tire as easily as Free-Reign users, because you depend more on your weapon than your body to unleash the powers. Note that I use the word “full potential.” Even without an exterior object, you may still use your supernatural powers, but with a major limitations that you can otherwise unleash if you have a weapon. When you first got the power in your ordinary world, you may have already realized this that you wield the power better if you’re holding a stick with it. Due to this nature, your weapon can be more advanced as you will rely mostly on it. Yes, it can be a combination of melee weapon and firearms, like Ruby’s, for example, for those who get the reference. Different from Ruby who is almost defenseless without her weapon, however, you still have some supernatural powers getting your back. In other words, you have intertwined your powers with your weapon, and you live with it as a hunter/huntresses. You rely on it at least 75%, with the rest 25% being the powers you have by yourself. Weapon comes first, the rest of your power serves as support. In your CS, you should take this into consideration when writing what your supernatural powers are.

Free Reign, or own based, means that you do not need an exterior borrower to unleash most of your powers. You may even think that weapons are unnecessary for you. StaidFoal StaidFoal ‘s character is an example of this. However, there are flaws that come with free-reign powers, which means your body will tire more easily. Nonetheless, you do not need to rely on an exterior borrower to unleash your powers as you can do that with your own body. Because of this, weapon becomes something that’s more like a support tool. That also means your weapon is something that is simpler, with no ability to transform and change shape and do lots of fancy stuffs that dependency users can have. It may serve to help you make up for certain flaws or inconvenience that your powers may have and, when tired and you are too exhausted to use your supernatural powers anymore, you will rely on your weapons as your defense. You may still implement parts of your supernatural powers into your weapons, but the amount of powers you implement will be fairly small-scale. In other words, you rely 75% on yourself and 25% on your weapon.

This is the setting that I came up with to balance things out. I’m not sure if you guys like it? (Personally feels like it clarifies the use of powers and weapons haha ;w;) Let me know. I will include an additional Dependency Power/Free Reign user in the CS after.

2. In addition, after taking a quick look at the character sheets, I will also be adding on the things I would like you to include and keep in mind of. In your background, you should include when you first got the superpower, and what you did with it, if anything, before you entered the world of Lumen. You may well have obtained the power two months before you entered Lumen, or just one day before, and used it in the ordinary world already, whether that can be a consequence/come in importance or not will depend on how and how far the roleplay goes. But it should affect how familiar you are with your superpower when you enter the world. You should also be mindful that what I meant by your character coming from an ordinary world means that you come from the world you and I are living in—which means America, Japan, England, etc, so be it. In other words, I would rather it be realistic.

3. When talking about your supernatural, please make sure you’re not godmoddling, and contains some skills that you can use with your superpowers. If your powers seem really strong, please make sure to clarify its limits.

With that said, xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx , in addition to what Nano has already mentioned, would you mind fixing your CS a little? I really like her personality and persona and think she’s a great touch to the roleplay. However, I would like you to expand more on your character’s background, because right now it seems pretty short. For some suggestions, adding to what I would like everyone to include in their background, maybe you can to include how she came to be who she is today, personality wise? Are there any conflicts in her life? Feel free to expand on it however you like! Also, keeping in mind they are coming from a real world, an island called the Soundless Aisle does not exist. It would be great if you fix that part to fit her with the real ordinary world setting. Lastly, Nano may have already implied to you what can be edited with the supernatural powers. You are free to expand on it or add on any limitations and re-write the part that can potentially be godmoddling.

I have only scanned over the rest two sheets (all look to be free-reign right now if this new idea is to be used) but I’ll see if anything needs to be done tomorrow, in addition to what I mentioned that I would also like to be included in the CS. QwQ

nios nios hehe

Last edited:
hi !! is it okay if we include one or two sections that weren’t listed on the original cs template (ie. trivia, orientation/sexuality, etc.)?

hi !! is it okay if we include one or two sections that weren’t listed on the original cs template (ie. trivia, orientation/sexuality, etc.)?

Good thing you mentioned it, I forgot to include orientation/sexuality. XD Yes, feel free to include it.

Sorry about the backstory. I was fairly confused there. I wasn’t sure if it was the real world or what to include .-.

Sorry about the backstory. I was fairly confused there. I wasn’t sure if it was the real world or what to include .-.

Backstory basically talks about your character’s past and family background and how she becomes who she is today. It’s the character’s own story. You can refer to the rest of the sheets’ backgrounds for example on what you can expand on or talk about. You can write it as a longer summary or as a story-telling fashion (most people prefer the first one so it’s easier haha.) In general, it just needs more details! As for real world or not, as the lore has said, Otherworlders indicate that you came from the world of the ordinary. I apologize if I haven’t made it clear that for me, our ordinary world is basically the world we live in. Due to so I’ve clarified that in the OOC! Looking forward to your edits!

- Each character will eventually have their own specific weapon made for them in which they’ll receive shortly after entering the academy. The type of weapon will be the weapon you have described in the CS, either the original or slightly modified. Supernatural powers will be divided into two types: Dependency Power and Free Reign.

Dependency Power, or Weapon-based powers, means that your supernatural powers require the use of an exterior borrower to unleash its full potential. The advantage of this is that you will not tire as easily as Free-Reign users, because you depend more on your weapon than your body to unleash the powers. Note that I use the word “full potential.” Even without an exterior object, you may still use your supernatural powers, but with a major limitations that you can otherwise unleash if you have a weapon. When you first got the power in your ordinary world, you may have already realized this that you wield the power better if you’re holding a stick with it. Due to this nature, your weapon can be more advanced as you will rely mostly on it. Yes, it can be a combination of melee weapon and firearms, like Ruby’s, for example, for those who get the reference. Different from Ruby who is almost defenseless without her weapon, however, you still have some supernatural powers getting your back. In other words, you have intertwined your powers with your weapon, and you live with it as a hunter/huntresses. You rely on it at least 75%, with the rest 25% being the powers you have by yourself. Weapon comes first, the rest of your power serves as support. In your CS, you should take this into consideration when writing what your supernatural powers are.

Free Reign, or own based, means that you do not need an exterior borrower to unleash most of your powers. You may even think that weapons are unnecessary for you. StaidFoal StaidFoal ‘s character is an example of this. However, there are flaws that come with free-reign powers, which means your body will tire more easily. Nonetheless, you do not need to rely on an exterior borrower to unleash your powers as you can do that with your own body. Because of this, weapon becomes something that’s more like a support tool. That also means your weapon is something that is simpler, with no ability to transform and change shape and do lots of fancy stuffs that dependency users can have. It may serve to help you make up for certain flaws or inconvenience that your powers may have and, when tired and you are too exhausted to use your supernatural powers anymore, you will rely on your weapons as your defense. You may still implement parts of your supernatural powers into your weapons, but the amount of powers you implement will be fairly small-scale. In other words, you rely 75% on yourself and 25% on your weapon.

This is the setting that I came up with to balance things out. I’m not sure if you guys like it? (Personally feels like it clarifies the use of powers and weapons haha ;w;) Let me know. I will include an additional Dependency Power/Free Reign user in the CS after.

With this having been said, I'm not quite sure which of these two categories my character would fit under ><. My character would honestly mostly be using their weapon for combat, with bursts of their Supernatural power to close the gap in critical situations (Yang from RWBY runs to mind here), but she's not actually channelling their powers through said weapon, and for the most part her weapon or weapons would be fairly normal.

edit: upon further reading of your remark about "This is because this roleplay has a main focus on using supernatural powers instead and weapons should be more so of an assistant tool on the side which I previously deem should not be that important " I'm slightly more concerned that i might be trying to make a character who doesn't actually fit this roleplay ><.

Last edited:
Is it alright if the secondary power presented itself first, then the primary one? And I feel like I'm missing something in my CS...

Last edited:
PixelSymphony PixelSymphony After looking at your character's current powers (just read it), I see where your problem is. However, I think it's fine for you to go ahead and create whatever weapon you have in mind. Correct me if I'm wrong with how I view her at this moment based on what I read. You still sound much more like a dependency user. Although your supernatural powers don't exactly channel through your weapon, you need to rely on it for the most part because without it, you really can't do too much on your powers alone. With your major power, you require a weapon to unleash your power's potential. Frederika's power allows her to strengthen her physical and mental capabilities to humanity's limits, and she needs a weapon to be fully able to show that power off. From what I'm seeing, the power comes more as a support than the weapon. I apologize if my dependency user description sounds a bit vague in this aspect, the main idea is whether you need to channel your supernatural power or not, you rely on the weapon to achieve your fullest potential. Everything else is fine about her character except if you can add a little detail as to when she first obtained this supernatural power in the ordinary world? If she's already familiar with it or is very new to it? Aside from all those, she's a great read! I look forward to seeing her in the actual roleplay.

OldTurtle OldTurtle I love your guy, everything's fine with him except for one minor question I have with his background. I got your question now on if he can show his secondary power first, and the answer is sure. However, I'm not sure how long ago he has already obtained the superpower. Since you mentioned 'as he aged," does that mean he obtained it when he's still a kid? I'm fine with him already obtaining the powers at a much earlier time, especially when it's his secondary or minor power, and having self-practiced his major power for over a couple years now. While I'm fine with his character, a problem down the road in the roleplay will be that, let's say, the rest of the 3rd gen have only obtained their powers quite recently while you are already very much used to your power. It can be an interesting touch to the roleplay itself though, so I'm personally okay with that. It depends on what the rest of the people think. Otherwise, your character's accepted!

xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx I'd be removing your first CS created to prevent doubling. I like the improvements! The only thing that still needs to be fixed with your CS is your supernatural powers. I understand that yes, over training, your character will be more able to fling things and people around. To prevent the issue of godmoddling still, and to weave the supernatural power better to show possible space of improvements with that power, it may be better if you include certain requirements that need to be met to be able to control other living things. After all, living things should not be easy for you to fling. It's also unlikely that that, no matter how powerful she eventually gets, a battle will end because she flings a Poex away, if you get what I mean. Perhaps, in order to fling living things, they need to be mentally and physically exhausted already or defeated to a certain extent? Perhaps it will only work on living things with very low cognitive abilities and weak willpower? Also, it is very important that down in the roleplay, if you would like to fling another character, be it one of my NPCs or other roleplayer's character, that you ask for their permission OOC first if he or she will allow that first. This is to prevent godmoddling and controlling of another character without permission. :) Everything else about her is fine.

StaidFoal StaidFoal brief and simple enough, accepted!

Last edited:
I have also updated the lore to include information about the monsters, VHA and faciete so be sure to give that a read. It is still WIP because there are a lot of NPCS that I also need to mention, and probably will remain WIP as more things are added while the roleplay goes on.

Second thing, I am hoping that you guys have discord? I wanna make a discord group chat for this RP? QwQ

Also, Dawnsx Dawnsx will be joining this roleplay too, I believe as a teacher. Let's give her a warm welcome whoosh whoosh.

In addition, I need to hop on a plane tomorrow and will be off for a whole day due to traveling again. Just letting you all know.

Last edited:
PixelSymphony PixelSymphony After looking at your character's current powers (just read it), I see where your problem is. However, I think it's fine for you to go ahead and create whatever weapon you have in mind. Correct me if I'm wrong with how I view her at this moment based on what I read. You still sound much more like a dependency user. Although your supernatural powers don't exactly channel through your weapon, you need to rely on it for the most part because without it, you really can't do too much on your powers alone. With your major power, you require a weapon to unleash your power's potential. Frederika's power allows her to strengthen her physical and mental capabilities to humanity's limits, and she needs a weapon to be fully able to show that power off. From what I'm seeing, the power comes more as a support than the weapon. I apologize if my dependency user description sounds a bit vague in this aspect, the main idea is whether you need to channel your supernatural power or not, you rely on the weapon to achieve your fullest potential. Everything else is fine about her character except if you can add a little detail as to when she first obtained this supernatural power in the ordinary world? If she's already familiar with it or is very new to it? Aside from all those, she's a great read! I look forward to seeing her in the actual roleplay.

OldTurtle OldTurtle I love your guy, everything's fine with him except for one minor question I have with his background. I got your question now on if he can show his secondary power first, and the answer is sure. However, I'm not sure how long ago he has already obtained the superpower. Since you mentioned 'as he aged," does that mean he obtained it when he's still a kid? I'm fine with him already obtaining the powers at a much earlier time, especially when it's his secondary or minor power, and having self-practiced his major power for over a couple years now. While I'm fine with his character, a problem down the road in the roleplay will be that, let's say, the rest of the 3rd gen have only obtained their powers quite recently while you are already very much used to your power. It can be an interesting touch to the roleplay itself though, so I'm personally okay with that. It depends on what the rest of the people think. Otherwise, your character's accepted!

xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx I'd be removing your first CS created to prevent doubling. I like the improvements! The only thing that still needs to be fixed with your CS is your supernatural powers. I understand that yes, over training, your character will be more able to fling things and people around. To prevent the issue of godmoddling still, and to weave the supernatural power better to show possible space of improvements with that power, it may be better if you include certain requirements that need to be met to be able to control other living things. After all, living things should not be easy for you to fling. It's also unlikely that that, no matter how powerful she eventually gets, a battle will end because she flings a Poex away, if you get what I mean. Perhaps, in order to fling living things, they need to be mentally and physically exhausted already or defeated to a certain extent? Perhaps it will only work on living things with very low cognitive abilities and weak willpower? Also, it is very important that down in the roleplay, if you would like to fling another character, be it one of my NPCs or other roleplayer's character, that you ask for their permission OOC first if he or she will allow that first. This is to prevent godmoddling and controlling of another character without permission. :) Everything else about her is fine.

StaidFoal StaidFoal brief and simple enough, accepted!
To be specific, 13. It happened about a year after he moved, which was when he was 12. And just for comparison, his primary came in at around 15 and a half years. I can always shift the timing to later, though. It's honestly pretty flexible. I felt that it might be a little long, anyways. I mostly lengthened the times because I wasn't sure how long seemed reasonable and didn't want him to be, like, instantly mastering stuff.

To be specific, 13. It happened about a year after he moved, which was when he was 12. And just for comparison, his primary came in at around 15 and a half years. I can always shift the timing to later, though. It's honestly pretty flexible. I felt that it might be a little long, anyways. I mostly lengthened the times because I wasn't sure how long seemed reasonable and didn't want him to be, like, instantly mastering stuff.

Oof, in that case, can you shift it to a bit later? Maybe around 3 years of secondary/minor powers, and around a year and a half ago gained primary powers (cut both in half). Will that be fine for you? Perhaps that won't make him as capable as he is now with the use of his powers due to the less years of experience but he may still be able to have learned those skills while self-teaching, just not fully mastered yet and still needs a lot more practice.

Oof, in that case, can you shift it to a bit later? Maybe around 3 years of secondary/minor powers, and around a year and a half ago gained primary powers (cut both in half). Will that be fine for you? Perhaps that won't make him as capable as he is now with the use of his powers due to the less years of experience but he may still be able to have learned those skills while self-teaching, just not fully mastered yet and still needs a lot more practice.
Yeah, that sounds much better. I'll shift both the moving age and the time it takes for his abilities to manifest.

SilverBlack SilverBlack I've shifted the timeline. To make it clear, he manifested psychometry at 15, gravitational manipulation at 16.5, gained some control over gravity around 17, limited effects of psychometry just before being transported. And just so you know, he only began practicing his first ability after controlling his second. So its 1.5 yrs training for gravity, 1 yr training for psychometry, though he's had the latter for 3 yrs. Just spent the first two avoiding it.

OldTurtle OldTurtle he’s accepted!

I posted my own CS that I may further modify after the other 2 second gen posted their characters to see if there's anything I should include or change. I kind of modified this character as I'm re-using her from another roleplay that died and there may be details that I missed to change that won't make sense. However, I'm afraid I won't have time to post for a day or two after I board the plane and have to go back to dorm. I apologize if it's a pretty long read...=w= But yeah, looking forward to the rest of the characters!

Last edited:
Dawnsx Dawnsx Heyo. Let's be great sensei together uwu

After defeating the monsters, their bodies will vanish and a small, shining piece of rock will be left behind.
I was wondering if anyone has ever BBQd a monster, but oh...too bad then. 8d

Last edited:
I mean...we can always go for restraining the monster and keeping it alive while cutting parts of it off to bbq...but idk, too dark? 8d
I'd like mine EXTRA crispy please
That would make eating monster bbq a p unique experience, but the humane society would call the cops on you faster than you can grill x'D

EDIT: Also yes to discord plsu ' ^ '

I'd like mine EXTRA crispy please
That would make eating monster bbq a p unique experience, but the humane society would call the cops on you faster than you can grill x'D

EDIT: Also yes to discord plsu ' ^ '

You are literally inspiring me to make an event happen in the RP now where they’re all trapped in a forest without food and eating monster is their only option if they wanna eat. We’ll see we’ll see.

And okie, the discord will be made as soon as more characters are posted *^*

You are literally inspiring me to make an event happen in the RP now where they’re all trapped in a forest without food and eating monster is their only option if they wanna eat. We’ll see we’ll see.

And okie, the discord will be made as soon as more characters are posted *^*
It's because I was actually planning on having my teacher character be powered off of eating monsters. If monsters can eat us, why can't we eat them back :^)

But ooo special events. Sounds fun! Anyway gl on the trip~

SilverBlack SilverBlack

I saw the character sheet thread. I'll start working on it, but is there any role that needs to be filled in, or is it all good to just create any type of character?

SilverBlack SilverBlack

I saw the character sheet thread. I'll start working on it, but is there any role that needs to be filled in, or is it all good to just create any type of character?

Actually, right now, you are free to choose from any role except for second gen junior. You can be a third gen freshman if you like cause we still need more people for that role too!

Okies, that explanation seems clear enough. And certainly I will add that section. One quick final question though, is it normal for a student to start with one weapon and acquire others later? Or is it expected they will stay with that weapon throughout their career?

Edit: Update version posted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back