• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Varris' Academy for the gifted

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"I don't know anyone that couldn't adjust to Vox within the minute," Kuruki's voice soothed, in hope of comforting Sage over the room situation, at first she got a fright, thinking the hand on her shoulder was someone from behind her, but she soon recognised that such delicacy could only be from the student beside her. She was warmed by Sage's generosity, replying "I would love to, and I'm sure Diana would be up for that too, however, I may leave slightly early, I'm practicing after hours." Sage's offer helped the situation to become more relaxed, as the pair waited for their room partners to be announced. "You know," Kuruki continued, "I'm sure at somepoint we could all go out of the Academy one day, for lunch or-or....seeing as Varris said it was an option earlier."

As Diana got close Meredith was quick to see her. "Hurry up slow little phoenix! I have a massive line. In your room you will find all the rune codes needed to use these teleportation circles. If you have any more questions use the rune code to get to my office! But for now take my hand. Your room is only a breath away!" She said in a quick voice that sounded like she could break into song at any moment.

Netherdragon Netherdragon

Diana ran over to Meredith. That's only the 5th time anyone has ever called me that, hopefully that nickname she decided to give me doesn't mean she knows. She thought as she grabbed Meredith's hand. I'll have to confront her later.

slow little phoenix? Kuruki puzzled, wondering if she misheard. She decided to leave it until later on, knowing Diana would have mentioned it earlier if it was something she felt comfortable bringing up. She couldn't quite see what was happening at the front of the lines, so she tiptoed, slightly unbalanced and praying she wouldn't teeter backwards into the human behind, or one of the students to her left, or that Vox wouldn't knock her. She had underestimated the sheer number of attendants at the Academy, all unique in their own ways.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi WistyWisp WistyWisp Legostrife Legostrife

Sage smiled and nodded at Kuruki's response. She didn't seem to notice what Meredith said to Diana, Sage was too concerned about what roommate she would have. She saw Vox flying around the ceiling, seeming bored and frustrated with the wait.
She watched with worry as Vox flew down, closer to the half dragon and human. He hovered around them for a moment, blowing gusts of air first at them, then moving on to other students. Sage cringed and blushed, "Vox, leave people alone.." She called out the Elemental before turning to apologize to those he was bothering. "I-I'm sorry. He's impatient..." She mumbled the last part. She glared at the creature for a moment. Vox made a sound of frustration and went back to flying around the ceiling.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi 1 1234 Legostrife Legostrife

In the blink of an eye Diana was in some large room, it had the feel of a living room with two extra rooms. Obviously the two bedrooms. But before Diana could ask anything Meredith vanished in a flash of light. And a single sound could be heard, A Lute being played, and whoever was playing it knew what they were doing. "♩ Hello my baby, Hello my honey, Hello my ragtime gal!♪"

Diana thought she's heard this song before, and remembered the next lyric. ♩ "Baby my heart's on fire!"♪ She sang. At that moment, her hand burst into flame and she gave an evil grin to scare her new roomate before dropping the facade. "So, what's your name? Mine's Diana." Diana then shot the flame at her bed to test what Varris said. Her bed was in fact, flame retardant. "Well, how about that. Guess this one's mine." She said before flopping down on the bed.

Meredith popped back from her first trip and quickly took care of a good amount of the line. "Ms. Kuruki you are up next! Sorry about the wait, one person is not meant for this. We need some more people with Teleport. And basic teleportation circle knowledge!" The druid replied with noticeable irritation.

1 1234

-----------------------
The women stopped singing as Diana launched a fireball at their own bed. "Cefrey Windrivver. I hail from the north and am a bard in training. And am working on my craft. And if I may be so bold why is your bed flame resistant? Are you one of those Fire genasi? If so we may have to talk about the ground rules. Along with you staying away from my room."

--------------------------

Cobalt could not help but feel happy for the gusts of wind the elemental had created. "Actually it's not bad. The breeze is cooling me off, which is helpful given this place is so friggin hot."

Legostrife Legostrife WistyWisp WistyWisp

Last edited:
"Aw come on, if you can have a little fun why can't I?" Diana said with a smile. "I just wanted to give you a bit of a scare. As for my race, I guess genasi is a good comparison, but not exactly. Also, nice music." Diana added. "Yeah, I guess that was a bit much, but come on, we're supposed to be roomates, so we may as well get used to each other." Diana thought for a moment. "A bard huh? So you're planning on focusing on support magic? That's pretty neat. And on an completely seperate note, where are we supposed to go after settling in? I doubt we're supposed to wait here for 5 hours before going to sleep. After all, it's about..." Diana stops and steps outside and looks up to the sun, thinks for a minute. She then turns back, "It's been about 1 hour and 17 minutes since the sun was at it's highest point in the sky. So, I doubt they plan to have us stay here for over half a day."

Last edited:
"S-Speak for yourself!" Victor says, slightly shaking. There are small, yet noticeable, sparks appearing around Victor due to the high humidity and wind.

Some of the sparks start bouncing off Cobalt, with Victor backing away from the elemental. "Apologies, Cobalt... I should probably go after the elemental, so that I don't hurt anyone." Victor says, scooting behind Cobalt and away from the elemental. Making the sparks die down.

"I just hope the girl and her elemental understand... Eh, who am I kidding? Of course they will!"

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
WistyWisp WistyWisp

"Oh!" Kuruki exclaimed, as she quickened her pace towards the flustered Meredith, she felt quite sorry for the woman, so much responsibility in her hands. She waved at Sage, and waited patiently by the teacher's side. She glanced left and right, wondering who she might be with. "Th-theres no rush.." Kuruki remarked shyly, maybe she could offer what comfort she could and ease the teacher's mind. She was rather a simpleton, but she hoped Miss Meredith would understand..
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Sage blinked in surprise at the dragon's words. Most people usually are bothered by Vox. She gave a shy and nervous smile to the dragon, looking a little relieved from his response. She then watched as the human moved behind him, sparks flying from his body. "I-I'm sorry again.." She said to him.
She backed up slightly, pulling at the strings of her jacket nervously, her face flushed red.
"Go after?" Her eyes widened. "H-he doesn't mean any harm! He's just trying to entertain himself, I promise. I-I'm sorry if he's bothering you.." She turned to face Kuruki but instead saw her waving next to Meredith. She waved back and gave a small smile. "Looks like I'm on my own.." She mumbled to herself.

Meredith quickly put Kuruki into the teleportation circle "All rune codes are in the main room. If you feel the need to ask me any questions my rune code is on that list. Enjoy the person you will be living with for the next 4 years." As she finished the sentence the circle glowed and in an instant Kuruki had vanished.

"OK then Mr. Cobalt and Mr. Stalengrahd. Your room awaits. Be sure to not set anything ablaze or break anything!" Meredith said gesturing for the Half Dragon and Noble to walk into the circle. "And don't worry Ms. Sage once I get to you I do believe your roomate will be a good fit."

Legostrife Legostrife WistyWisp WistyWisp

-----------------------------

Cefrey looked at Diana with a tilted look "I think we are supposed to head to the adventurers guild by 3:00 pm. It's to make sure everyone is situated before they do anything else. Well support magic plus making the enemies wish they were never born."

-------------------

Kuruki would show up in another room. One large room that seemed to have some belongings scattered about. And what appeared to be a target with lots of arrows in it. In another instant a new arrow had hit the target only missing the center by a millimeter. But the arrow seemed to have come from above.

1 1234

Diana nodded. She supposed she could do worse for a roomate, at least the bard actually new how to sing and wasn't tonedeaf. "I see, and sorry again for scaring you. The day has been full of chaos today, so I had assumed that was normal." She said with a smile. "Your song was quite appropriate considering the next lyric where I picked up." Diana added. "I wouldn't mind some music if we ever have downtime, though I'm doubtful of us having any if today is anything to go by." Diana began to search around for the rune codes Meredith mentioned earlier. Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Victor nods in response to Meredith, approaching the teleportation circle, and looking back at Cobalt before he is teleported to his room.

"Well... It was nice meeting you, Cobalt. See ya arou--" Victor says while being suddenly interrupted by the teleportation. In a blink of an eye, Victor finds himself in his assigned dorm room.

"This will be my quarters for the next 4 years, huh? A little more effort in the decorating would've been nice."

With Victor being a noble, he was accustomed to living in luxury throughout his life. As he begins unpacking his belongings, and setting up his room, Victor starts to ponder on who his roommate would be.

"Hmm, well let's just hope I'm with someone with at least SOME form of higher class..." Victor says with a sigh, pacing the living room as he waits for his roommate to arrive.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Cobalt sighed following his roomate into the portal. And when he was in Cobalt chose to announce the news to Victor. "Guess who's your roomate for the next 4 years? If you guessed someone else you my good friend are wrong. But if it means anything I am a quiet person and never snore!"
Legostrife Legostrife

Sage watched as the human and the dragon walked through the teleporter. She continued to play with the strings of jacket. She felt alone now, nervous and anxious. Her eyes darted to the floor as she walked up, waiting for Meredith to be ready. She bit her lip sighed. "Take your time. I-i know your busy.." She said to her and kept her head down. Vox simply flew around, sometimes floating down to check on Sage before flying back up to the ceiling.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

But what gives, the line slowly sorted out itself. And she, unknowingly, ended beside Sage, the girl with the elemental. Standing now in front of Meredith would be her and Sage, as she turned her face to look at Sage.

"Hi again." Ally spoke, with a slug of cheerfulness in it. Much more than the usual dose, as she saw Sage's downed face."Don't keep ya head down. You'll be fine. It's first day for everyone !"

She hoped to meet more people, but in the end only managed to introduce herself to one girl, Sage. So in Ally's eyes, she is much more precious to her, than she thinks.

"I wonder who will be my roommate ?"

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi WistyWisp WistyWisp

It was not a difficult search as the rune codes were on what was the main door out of the room. The list was big.

Drinnis' classroom
Merediths Office (please don't show up after sundown)
Irinias classroom
Katherines weapon shop
Arlans classroom/Magic training area.
Varris' office (Emergencies only)
Adventurers guild
Custodial staff wing
Medical wing
Cafeteria
Town market
Arena
Potion shop
Appraisal shop

It was clear the academy was bigger then expected. But the teleportation circles were meant to make sure no one ended up late. It must've taken Meredith a while to get the list or even get all these circles placed.

"Sooo you got any teammates already? If so I would be perfectly available. After all offense and no defense could be boring. And I'd honestly hate for my roomate to die on her first mission."

--------------------------

"Ok Ms. Sage your next. And remember that the rune codes to most of the locations around are on your front door. And keep the elemental from doing too much damage. But I do believe you'll like your roomate."

WistyWisp WistyWisp

Allibi Allibi (give me a moment to work on something IRL is going to be busy.)

Last edited:
Kuruki whisked her sight upwards to the ceiling, where she could just recognise a figure, balancing on one of the beams supporting the construction. "U-uh.....Hello....You are my roommate?" Are they friendly? She thought, at least it wasn't the half dragon. Should she move?. She decided against stirring, but instead she stood perfectly still, so as not to disturb her new acquaintance from their activities. The room was large, and spacious, a sort of mini suite, too Kuruki it was the abode of royalty, having never set foot in anything so lavish, in her opinion, before. Her ears twitched, and she could smell the faint odour of polish and new licks of paint which seemed to dapple the room. I wonder how the others are...
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
Diana starts preparing the circle for travel the Adventurer's guild. "Well, I met with a Neko who was quite entertaining, but do we get to decide our teammates?" She asked. "Anyway, I'd rather head out now and get the lay of the land there rather than being forced to wait in a massive line." Diana finishes prepares the ciricle. "Care to follow?" She asks. Diana waits a moment to see if Cefery follows, and if so they go through the teleportation circle together, otherwise she heads through on her own.

She turned to the the girl and blushed, smiling shyly. "H-hello again! It's nice to meet you.." She turned after hearing Meredith's call. "I-i have to go..but I would love to talk later and get to know you. I'll see you later!" Sage waved and walked up to Meredith shyly and sighed, looking to Vox and motioned him to come down. She looked down to the floor. "If only it were that easy.." She mumbled. She took a deep breath and held her head up high, she wanted to make a good impression on her new roommate. Vox flew down to her side, flying around Meredith for a little bit before finally sitting still long enough for Sage and Vox to be teleported to their home for the next 4 years.

Last edited:
As the sounds of teleportation can be heard, Victor rushes to the living room with excitement overflowing his better judgement. Bowing towards the circle with grace, and closing his eyes. "Welcome, great traveler! I hope to become great acquaintances as time goes on--" Victor begins, before noticing a familiar figure exit the portal... It was Cobalt.

"B-But... Ugh, why must I set myself up for humiliating faliure?"

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Cefrey was quick to get up. And in a weird way her voice became a perfect copy of Meredith "But Miss Diana I have a much better lute to bring."
She said with a shit eating grin as she went back to her room trading her current lute for a finer looking instrument "This here was made from a silverwood tree. My dad assisted a druid in his adventuring days and she offered him whatever. He asked for two things, a Lute made from silverwood, and the second he has yet to tell me. But hey Silverwood is one of the rarest types of wood. So it's a little bit of me showing off."

--------------------

The moment Sage was in her room she would be hit by the smell of water, like the kind of smell after a rainstorm. And in the room was a women with oddly blue skin, her hair flowing as though it were in water. And her body looked like it just went through a shower. "State who you are mate that will be inhabiting this room with me."
WistyWisp WistyWisp

--------------------

Cobalt sighed "A pleasure to be your roomate to. Now rule one if you see any jewels in my room you are not to touch them. Outside of that I am not that strict. No more rules except that one." With this he was quick to move past Victor and proceeded to get aquainted with his new room.

Legostrife Legostrife

Last edited:
Waving to Sage as she leaves, she continued to watch Meredith as she returned. WistyWisp WistyWisp This time it just might be her turn to see her room. A myraid of questions started to fester in her mind. Of both anxiety and uncertainty. One such example would be she wondered if all of the things she packed would be send right to her room. She did see a mage coming to her house for the delivery of her stuff, and also watching him leave with them, but inside she wondered if her stuff was treated with care, or not.

But no matter, now its her turn to be sent to her room. And she quietly waited for her turn. Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back