• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Varris' Academy for the gifted

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sage and Vox appeared in their new room together. She was surprised to find a blue skinned woman and the smell of rain in her room, but smiled shyly none the less. She tensed as Vox flew around the room, examining the girl first then roaming the room itself. "U-um..Hello! I'm Sage K-kademan. And that is Vox." She said, pointing towards the Elemental. "It's nice to meet you.." She spoke nervously, afraid that Vox might start doing something to bother her new roommate. "And..you are?"

"Makes sense to me, everyone has their boundaries. Now then, as a noble, some people think I'm a bit too uptight. But they couldn't be further from the truth, I'm partially picky." Victor says to Cobalt, pulling out a notepad that's filled with rules.

Whilst clearing his throat, Victor begins pacing the living room as he lists his rules... "Thankfully, I've generalised all of these into three simple rules. First off, Don't touch the weapons. They were handed down to me after I completed my training courses. Secondly, Clean after yourself. The last thing I want to come back to is a mess I can't clean up. Lastly, not to sound pretentious, I'd like to take control of overall decoration... I-I just feel more comfortable with that. So, any questions?" Victor says, smiling towards Cobalt nervously.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
The two women would find themselves in a large yet simple brick room. The room only contained a table with a list of names and a book filled with rune codes. Along with the teleportation circle this room was meant to be a receiving area with only a single door that has the word "Welcome" carved into it. From beyond the sound of a crowd of sorts could be heard.

"So you want to go first or should I go first? Or do we go in at the same time?"

Netherdragon Netherdragon

Diana shrugged and walked in, not really sure what she was supposed to do. Her schedule being burned had become more of a burden than she had hoped. "It doesn't really matter does it? I've been curious for a while about how this whole thing works, how adventurers are selected for missions and how the missions are determined. It's always been something I desired to know." Diana spoke. "Do you know if we're supposed to meet anyone here? I can't quite recall." she said to Cefery while looking around and taking note of the variety of people.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Sage stared at the girl for a moment. She felt awkward, just standing there so she went over to her stuff. Vox was flying around before settling back on the girl. "Um.." Sage started but didn't know what to say. "And..you are?" She asked nervously, fiddling with the bottom of her shirt. "I um..I-i hope we can get along and be friends. And I apologize ahead of time if Vox bothers you.."
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

"My name is Echo. And I doubt the wind elemental will bother me. After all I'm part elemental. So I hope he will respect my pond!" Echo shouted the last bit towards the elemental. Her pond was a sacred place and she hated those who would ever dare mess with it.

WistyWisp WistyWisp

---------------------

"About time you showed up! I was so bored I went and decided to shoot my target board while hanging upside down! Do you know how much effort that took!" The elven women shouted as she proceeded to jump down to Kuruki. "As a first act between us as roomates I wish to introduce my self. My name is Sillifrey. An Eladrin who has come to this place to hone my archery skills. What are your reasons... Are those cat ears?" She asked pointing at Kuruki's cat ears with a look of confusion on her face. It was like she had never seen a Neko before and Kuruki was a big mystery she had just discovered.

1 1234

Vox made a noise at the girl. It didn't sound nice, but he seemed to agree to her request. Sage cleared her throat and smiled shyly. "D-don't worry. Neither one of us will bother your pond. I'm uh..I'm probably going to dinner with some people, if you would like to join us?" She asked. She hoped she would agree, she wanted to be friends and she didn't want to cause any trouble with someone she would be living with. "If not, that's fine.." She looked away and tucked her hair behind her ear.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Cobalt pondered for a moment regarding victors last request. "I get to decorate my room. Say yes to that and you can decorate everything else. Sound good to you?"

Legostrife Legostrife

-------------------------------

Cefrey looked to Diane with a nervous look. She inhaled and broke the news to Diane "We are an hour early. But if anything we could see some of the upperclassmen here. Or drink alot... Though the waitresses are, good looking."

Around the guild the tavern goers would see the two newcomers. Some looked at the two with distaste. While others gave them a sorrowful look.

In the back there was a board that was covered in papers with adventurers surrounding it, chattering amongst each other as papers were torn off and groups would split off. Obviously the quest board.

---------------------

Echo was quick to look to the Elemental. "Nah you make a little more sense then my dad... I'm still trying to figure out how a mass of water can have a child with a human woman." Echo said before realizing she nearly forgot about Sage. "Oh sorry it is a pleasure to meet you. I hope the next four years does not involve any incidents involving us having to clean water out of this place. Also I drink very differently so you may want to sit a good distance. Last human I interacted with got sick of me and told me to never talk with him again."

WistyWisp WistyWisp

Last edited:
Diana nodded. "Or.... I could entertain myself in different ways." She said. Diana took note of the faces surrounding her, not unfamiliar with those of disgust, but more confused by those of sorrow. She walked by the quest board, looking to see if there happened to be anything about the Pheonix... just in case. After that, and ripping down the quest if there was such a quest, she went by the bar and asked for 5 glasses of alclohol. Once she was served the glasses, she downed one before igniting the other four and manipulating the flames in different shapes above the heads of those in the guild. Some people wouldn't notice the flames in their drunken stupor, but others would find the colors enhanced. The flames and colors swirled around, flowing back to Diana and back out, sometimes maintaining a solid color, other times shifting at a moment's notice. She was careful not to ignite anyone else's drink or anything else flamable during this time.

The tavern goers were quick to notice the fire. Some were mezmerized by the fire. And others looked frightened and quickly backed away from the bar. Until a very loud female voice roared above all of the commotion. "WHICH ONE OF YOU FUCKERS DECIDED TO MESS WITH FIRE IN MY GUILD? I TOLD YOU IT'S NOT ALLOWED!" The voice was not yet seen but it seemed as though from the other side of the tavern the crowd was parting.

Cefrey gulped as she saw whoever was causing the crowd to split. And she knew if they were quick to move aside for whoever this was she knew Diane was in for it. "Well hope she understands that we are students. If not we may be in big trouble."

Diana was dancing with the fire until she heard a shout. Uh oh she thought. Quickly, she brought the fire into her wings, so she could at the least regain some energy. However, she was fully aware doing so would bring attention to herself. "I really hope this isn't a common thing I'll have to deal with." She said while curious who was seen as so strong by everyone, that they cleared a path for them. "Sorry... I'm new here." She said. "That's my bad." Hopefully by owning up, she wouldn't be treated as poorly. She could take a punch or two without blinking, but that doesn't mean Diana would like it.

The crowd parted to reveal a tall women of about 6'5 or so walking towards the bar
1525146055065.png

Even the patrons who looked like trouble backed away obviously afraid of her. But her vicious demeanor died down when Diane mentioned she is new. "Ah crap, your one of Varris' students. That explains everything, no one who has been here for a few months screws with fire. Unless they have horse manure for brains." She said as she shot a glare to the troublemakers. "Don't tell him I dropped the F-bomb. He says it's a bad influence on the kids. And won't let me hear the end of it. Anways names Beatrice, this is my guild. And the rules are simple. Don't screw with me, and don't screw around with fire."

"Oh, that's no damn problem" she said smiling, trying to befriend the guild master sooner rather than later. However, Beatrice's next words horified Diana. She stumbled over her words "No... no fire... but... but why..?" She looked back at her wings. "Um... I can't exactly turn it off... I need fire... It's my life blood." She said shyly. "I wasn't trying to damage anything, I was just trying to entertain some people. They were only alclohol fires so they shouldn't have caused any severe damage or injury." She's rarely heard someone so outright opposed to fire. She's always found people to find fire to be somewhat alluring. Even in death, some previous combatants of the Pheonix found some semblence of peace in their deaths.

She watched as Vox and Echo interacted. She tilted her head and blinked in surprise at how well he was interacting with her. She tensed when she was addressed again. She smiled and nodded. "Even if it did flood, I'm sure we can handle it." She watched as Vox moved on to their room. "I'm sure its fine, you shouldn't worry about me," she adjusted her bag on her shoulder, "Anyways! I'm going to unpack my stuff. I do hope we get along.." She hurried to her room and put her stuff down.

Victor's eyes glisten, nodding his head towards Cobalt happily. "That's fine with me, I believe everything is in order then." Victor says, putting away his notepad as he walks back to his room. Organizing his belongings, and writing a to-do list to plan out his day.

"Well, I'm glad that he's understanding. Let's just hope it stays that way."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Beatrice huffs about ready to unleash what was assumed to be a stern talking to but she stopped when Diane mentioned the fact that Fire was her Life Blood. And for a bit she was absorbed in thinking, almost like she was considering multiple options. But the whole time her eyes were on Diane and the wings of fire. "Keep the wings out. Outside of that no open flames around the bar. Save that for the enemies you'll be fighting."

With that she turned around and dissapeared into the crowd leaving a good amount of the crowd in shock. "Did the guildmaster just let that kid off the hook!?" A confused onlooker shouted.

Cefrey was shocked at the whole scene with the only thing she could do was look to Diane. "I think you just either made people weary of you or you just got some major reputation, And I mean the good kind of reputation."

Diana thought against replying. She supposed people weren't as accepting of fire here as the Phoenix and should keep the burning to herself and... her enemies? Diana thought on the meaning behind that for a moment before Cefery snapped her back to reality. "I... guess I did... I mean, I was just trying to share something I think is pretty." Diana doesn't shout but makes her voice auidible to those who care to listen. "Fire isn't always destructive, it can also be used to create ash for fertile soil. It creates fuel for the future out of the remnants of the past, it creates as much as it destroys if not moreso." Diana pauses. "Anyway, Cefery, what do you think she meant about enemies?" Meanwhile, she thought to herself, So far, most of the beings I've considered enemies in the past have been rather kind to me. So who could the guild-master be implying about?

Cobalt looked at one of the sundials as his eyes widened. "Victor you have the schedule for today right? If you do aren't we supposed to be heading to the guild soon?" Cobalt asked in a partially shocked voice as he was viewing a sundial. Which was 25 minutes before the time Cobalt could remember.

Legostrife Legostrife

--------------------------------------------------

Echo sighed "You best hurry up. The teachers told everyone that we are all supposed to be heading for the guild. We can take our time but it is on you whether you wait or not. I like waiting, it feels satisfying to barely make it in my own opinion."

WistyWisp WistyWisp

(Apologies for taking so long I had hit writers block with this. It's not much but it should be enough to get where we need to be)

Last edited:
Victor was quick to remember that a schedule was sent to him, along with the acceptance scroll. He's quick to search his belongings, finding the schedule inside his backpack. "Aha! Found it!" Victor exclaims, quickly bringing the schedule back to Cobalt.

"If the time is correct, we have less than a half hour to head to the guild... Better get a move on."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back