• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Varris' Academy for the gifted

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Diana thanked Irinia and took a swig of the drink before turning to face the human. She chuckled at his nervousness and decided to have a little fun; partially for her own enjoyment and partially out of prior experience with them. Diana dipped her hand in the alclohol and touched her hand to her wing, igniting it. Then with a little bit of focus, she caused the flame to form a cascade of rainbow colors before shaking Victor's hand with it. While the flame engulfed his hand, it didn't feel any hotter than a normal handshake. "My name is Diana." she said with a smile. "And you're right, it's not common to see someone like me." She then let her hand fall to her side, and the rainbow colored flame traveled up her arm and back into her wing. When it did, the flames in her wings changed to match that of the rainbow flame for a moment before returning to their normal color. Following that, Diana took another swig of her drink.

Last edited:
Victor was surprised enough with Diana actually taking notice of him, but shaking his hand with a flaming cascade covering the surface of his skin without pain was the icing on the cake. "Welp, pretty sure I just sold my soul to this girl... My father's gonna kill me."

With eyes slightly widened by the colors traveling up Diana's wings, Victor slowly raises his hand and takes off his glove. Revealing to her streams of electricity traveling through his arm, and to his hand. "I mean no harm in showing you this, assuming you're aware of humans controlling magic. I'm still fairly new to all this elemental nonsense, forgive me if I'm making you uneasy." Victor says carefully, putting his glove back on.

Netherdragon Netherdragon

Diana was taken a bit aback, and tried to hide her surprise. Electricity? Was this human genuine? Her mother had been betrayed many times before. She thought. Diana looked to the teachers, and hoped they would be able to handle the situation if anything went awry. However, it was probably best not to lash out; maybe this human wasn't one of those... Then again, those humans who insisted to the Pheonix that "not all of us are bad" were the same ones that betrayed her mother and hurt Diana as well. She had her fair share of rough scrapes trying to help her mother. Sure, the Pheonix was immortal and revived if killed, but Diana knew the wounds inflicted by the agressors did cause pain, and Diana didn't want to see the Pheonix hurt if she could prevent it.

Saving face, Diana responds blankly, "Yes, I've seen a few magic weilding humans before, and I'm sure we're all a bit on edge with it being our first day."

Noticing Diana's wings subtly flap out of instinct, Victor is quick to realize he may have made her feel less comfortable than before, and nods in agreement to her previous statement. "Yeah... The weird thing is that I was born with this magic, and never knew how that came to be. Hence why I came here, really." Victor says to Diane, hiding his hands behind his back.

He looks to the table in front of Diane, and grabs a glass of water before looking towards her again. "Well, I better get moving. Who knows what this place has to offer? It was nice meeting you, Diane." Victor says as he waves towards her, and walking away to meet some more people.

"Okay... Making a note not to do that again, I like my soul where it is, thank you."

"I see" she responds "Yeah, the feeling's mutual" she quickly responds. Although she wasn't sure if that was completely true.

Diana then quickly made her way back to where she left Kuruki and sat back down, crossing her arms in front of her chest defensively. Why does this telepathic communication need to be decided on the Pheonix's whim. I can't judge people as well as she can, and I want to be sure it's alright. I mean, sure, she's the Pheonix, one of the most powerful creatures in the world, but it still could get hurt. Diana hated it when the Pheonix was hurt. She let out a heavy sigh and sat back in her chair. Diana dipped her hand in her drink again and ignited it. She then tried manipulating the flame both for practice, and to hopefully entertain Kuruki by changing it's color, moving the flame along her arms, having the colored flame travel across her wings from one tip to the other and even manipulating it such that Kuruki could safely hold it if she wished.

Kuruki was captivated by Diana's vibrant display, mesmorised by the elegant patterns and paths the colours on her wings took, daring, she oustretched her delicate fingers and allowed the flames of colour to flow over them, around them, how amazing. However, being the "watching" sort that she was, she could tell the girl was uncomfortable. Not wishing to pry in too upfront a manner, for she did not know how Diana would react, she leant slightly nearer to Diana and lowered her voice "A-Are you okay? I saw you speaking to that human over there....I..." Kuruki pondered on her wording, "I can recognise that you aren't as comfortable as you were before. I hope he hasn't said anything to maim your experience so soon..."
Her voice was soothing and sure, she didn't want to catch the girl off guard, for she knew it was an early acquaintance. She turned and took a small sip of water from her glass, but she put nothing in the ways of food to her lips yet, she was too concentrated on the situation at hand. Simultaneously, she eagerly watched as the human passed them by, away to another part of the hall. She intended to walk over the table of teachers in order to ask for some seasalt, for which they only supplied a different type on the table in front, but her nerves would be better eased knowing that her friend hadn't been hurt.

Last edited:
Diana sighed. "Conversations like that make me wish I could get buzzed and inhibit my senes. I'm not that lucky. Sure it tastes good, but my body literally burns away the effect of alchohol that gets one... what's the humans' word for it? 'Tipsy' I believe?" She says taking another swig of her drink." She continued "I've just had a bad past experience with human mages who weilded lightning magic. They attacked my mother and me. It was rather traumatic, so I always get a bit jumpy around lighting magic alone, but no matter the personality, encountering a human with lighting magic puts me on the defensive."

Kuruki nodded understandingly and replied, still in lowered tones, "That's totally understandable, I can imagine how defensive you must feel. Its not easy to be civil in conversation with someone you feel is in opposition to you. Its the same as living with someone that way...." She looked up into Diana's face, the girl's expression furrowed and thoughtful, "So I do understand. Everything is a bit on the tense, especially with all these new things to see and people to meet, adrenalin and such, maybe you will never speak to him again; in a small light it is better to know as early in conversation than later, otherwise you would really be on the back foot had you started talking to him more."
Kuruki didn't wish to say anymore, so as not to overwhelm Diana with too many opinions, it had been an eventful morning already. She wondered if it would be better to leave Diana to contemplate, and ease her nerves, "I-I will be right back, I need to go and ask the teachers something," she too had remembered that she wanted to enquire about extra-curricular facilities within the academy, if there was such a thing, for her martial arts as well as about the salt. Kuruki gently lifted herself from her seat, glancing back at Diana in assurance that she would be alright, and leaving her precious notepad in her place, she paced towards the teachers table. I wonder why, humans would feel the need to attack someone like Diana? And her mother? I don't think I could ever see the need to do something like that, whatever the situation...

Last edited:
Watching the entire commotion died down,as the students each headed into the main entrance, Ally also followed suit. The ballroom, as she had initially mistaken for, greeted her eyes. But before she could take her eyes for a trip around the area, a teacher approached her, made a bow, and shook her hand. The sudden warm and noble welcoming hospitality made Ally stood there for a while as her hand is being shook, before she hastily also made a bow at the teacher.

"Do you have any questions ?"

A village girl does not deserve these.

And those were her thoughts, before she felt slightly embarrassed, quickly denying that she has any questions, and shuffled herself out of the way. She could feel that the teacher somewhat knew what was going on in her heart as she waved her to leave, but Ally couldn't even look at her eyes as she shuffled away with an awkward smile. Moving herself to the corners of the hall, she allowed time for herself to adjust to her surroundings, before picking up a orange juice drink on one of the nearby tables, and started to 'float' around the tables, walking not quite aimless, yet not wanting to get a spot to seat down.

Eventually she got herself near several tables that are in the middle right side of the hall, following, or eavesdropping upon some of the student's conversations about their dreams and expectations.

Once she had paused about 3 feet away from the table on the stage, she began to prepare herself for what she might say, for she had to admit that the long table of teachers seemed overwhelming to the Neko. Kuruki had quite forgotten about the salt, but she intended to enquire about time after closing hours at the Academy, and whether there were facilities available. She knew her uncle wouldn't much care for what time she arrived home, so she made up her mind to practice her martial arts in the time she had. Just remember Kuruki reprimanded, for goodness sake, don't disappear! This strange course of action, was a a more sudden method of retreat, sometimes uncontrollable, if she felt too threatened or lost for words, and was quite embarrassing especially mid-conversation. Pull yourself together and-
She simply stood and waited, Kuruki had no intention of moving any further forwards until someone had noticed her, after all, she didn't want to appear rude. Instead, she glanced over the residence of the ballroom, observing her fellow classmates, and the teachers. I wonder, if there are any ghouls here. She had come to notice, the peculiar manner of one particular figure, standing slightly apart from the rest. A human? But something seemed distant about him, something hidden, She continued to watch him as he seemed preoccupied in his thoughts. There was another girl she had seen, sitting down to the right side of the hall, who had arrived later than the others, her hair, as Kuruki described, luxurious black. I wonder if I shall speak to her at all. Kuruki sighed, standing patiently near the teacher's table, still watching the male *human* standing away from the rest, admittedly, her curiosity was piqued.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Netherdragon Netherdragon Allibi Allibi

Last edited:
As everyone was bustling inside, one student, late to everything, was approaching the gates with a heavy sigh. She leaned over what appeared to be a bicycle with a front broken wheel.
"Finally! I hope I'm not too late!" She passed through the gates and stared in wonder at the school. She parked her broken bike outside and stretched. She tensed when she heard the familiar whisper in the wind. She turned, seemingly looking at nothing, "Don't give me that! It's your fault I'm late to begin with!" She turned and walked quickly inside, mumbling to herself. "I said 'push lightly' not full power down a hill.." She walked through the doors, arriving late, and found herself in the ballroom with all the tables, papers, and people.
At first glance, she seems like a normal girl. Her short blonde hair falling just short of her shoulders, her green eyes pierced the room, staring in both wonder and nervousness. She was smaller, had a petite frame and her clothing didn't seem to match her cute appearance. She was wearing a long, black hoodie that ended at her thights, wearing black shorts and dark tights with black converse shoes. She adjusted her messenger bag on her shoulder as she walked into the ball room.
All was normal until a large gust of wind suddenly swooped above one side of the room, blowing all the papers to the floor. "Ah! Vox! No!" She yelled at the wind, which most would now notice the Air Elemental floating by the ceiling. Her cheeks flushed and scurried over to the nearest table to help pick up her papers. "I'm so s-sorry.." She mumbled out to whoever was near.

There was, as what Kuruki could only fathom as a breeze, that swarmed into the room towards the entrance, which now seemed to hover overheead, gently displacing the candles of chandelier light that draped from the ceiling. Her attention was quite taken away from the teacher's table, quite thrown off guard, in earnest she strained to see just where the commotion was coming from. Still she stood there, watching as the young girl frantically picked up her scattered papers, deeply empathising with the embarrassment, for she too was easily made bashful, poor thing! she thought, I understand that all too well.....just....straighten up...yes...and relax...nothing to worry about, "as if she would be able to hear me say that anyway," although everything in her was urging her to assist the student in her moment of aid. She chuckled within herself, as it dawned on her that the appearance of both herself and the girl were not too dissimilar, ears and tail being an exception of course, and made sure she would make the girl's better acquaintance soon enough, for she hesitated to walk over and introduce herself, so as not to put the new arrival on the spot. Kuruki returned her gaze to the teachers table, quietly pondering the events of that morning, waiting as patiently as before.

Oh...ah....I should have asked the questions....

She bit her lips lightly, before passing herself a sigh and face palmed herself. Her shyness and embarrassment have now become tripping vines in her first day of the place. Eavesdropping on the students next to her didn't really help her to orientate herself, and she propped herself up from the seat, only followed by a yell behind her.

"Ah! Vox! No!"

She turned to face towards the noise, onto to be distracted a little by a few pieces of paper coming to her direction. Regaining her focus, she could see the yell originated from a younger girl. Her cheeks were flushed pink, as she scurried over to her side, picking up the few, of the many many pieces of paper now everywhere and around the right side of the hall. Ally could only hear a soft mumble as her eyes fixed upon what she thought was a swirling gust of wind by the ceiling area.

"I'm so s-sorry.."

It is transparent, if not revealed by the small pieces of dust and dirt and papers surrounding its figure. A small storm ? A gust of living wind ? Her thoughts raced across her mind as she wondered, before she could hear some of the students ; she have been eavesdropping on them, muttered amongst themselves. "Isn't that an air elemental ? What is it doing here !?"

So that's it ? Its an air elemental ? Wow.....guess its' my first time seeing one...

Regaining her sights down to the ground, she motioned herself towards the frantic young girl. Picking up a few of the strewn over papers she looked back towards the girl, straight into her eyes, beaming a compassionate smile. There is a catgirl nearby her position too, but Ally couldn't have noticed her, as she was picking up the papers.

"Its okay, everything gonna' be fine."

1 1234 WistyWisp WistyWisp

She stopped for a moment at the sudden presence and voice. She looked up from the floor and tensed by the sudden eye contact and smile. Her cheeks flushed more and averted her eyes back to the floor. "Um...thank you.." She stood up and sorted through some of the papers that she picked up as she set them on the table. She glanced at the papers and saw her name printed out. "Oh! Um, that's me. Kademan...Sage! Sage Kademan," she looked at the girl and the teacher and cleared her throat. "N-nice to meet you.."
She looked up to the ceiling and pointed. "That's um...that's Vox." She sighed and yelled up to the Elemental. "Vox! Come down!"
The creature moved around a bit and made some incoherent sounds. She sighed again, "I'm sorry I yelled at you. Please come down?" She asked it. It settled for a moment on the ceiling before floating down, hovering next to her, causing her hair to sway with the sudden wind.

Diana was sitting at the table waiting for Kuruki to return. Suddenly, a gust of wind flew through the room. Diana didn't really take note of it, too busy playing with her fire. The Pheonix decided it might be time to check in on Diana. Diana, how are things going so far. Diana jumped slightly at the Pheonix's sudden communication. "Oh. Hi Pheonix. I made a friend I think, so that seems to be alright. However, I may have met a future enemy as well." Diana's mind was filled with silence before the Pheonix spoke again. "What do you mean by that?" the Pheonix inquired. Diana responded, "I... Met a human with lighting magic." Silence again... "Well you don't seem hurt, so I'm not concerned at the moment. By the way, is that an wind elemental by the blond girl?" Diana looked over to where the breeze came from earlier and noticed the blond girl and the magic signiture of an elemental. She got up from her seat and flew over to it out of pure curiosity and instinct. She'd seen plenty of fire elementals before, even become friends with some, but this was her first time encountering an air elemental. She hovered and slowly circled around the elemental examining it, not saying a word. That being said, there was only so much she could examine considering it was invisible. She heard a laugh in her head, "I shouldn't of said anything. Anyway, I'll be sure to check in later." With that, their telepathic communication ended for now.

WistyWisp WistyWisp 1 1234 Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
After downing quite a few glasses of water to keep himself hydrated, and to keep him alive, Victor notices Diana chasing after something. Yet, he couldn't make out what exactly she was chasing. With a quick glance to the glass of water he had grasped in his hand, he begins to ponder to himself. "I mean, I've heard of spiking the grape juice, but never have I seen a school spike WATER of all substances."

With this ever-growing wonder aimlessly traveling the recesses of his mind, Victor is then approached by another older looking student like himself. Asking him, "What's with the water? You nervous, kid?" Clearly, this student was full of himself. Thankfully enough however, Victor's very birthright requires him to be full of himself.

"It's more that I have to drink water on a consistent basis in order to stay alive... But yeah, let's say I'm a bit nervous." Victor says with slight sarcasm. He wasn't going to lie to the older student, but he wasn't going to let him in on the whole ugly truth either. The older student scoffs, not taking the sarcasm lightly as he leaves Victor to join his group of friends. "Well, so much for the welcoming committee. I just hope every other student here isn't as intolerable as that guy was."

"Uh is this spot taken?" A very deep voice asked Victor in a questioning manner. The origin of the voice was a tall dragon/human hybrid. Obviously new to this whole interacting with other races thing. And in comparison to a good amount of students the half dragon was massive. Standing so high he must've had to duck to get through most doors. "I just saw you sitting alone. And most students quickly left the tables I tried to sit at."

Legostrife Legostrife

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well sweet Mystra above is that a Wind elemental!?" A middle age man with medium length black hair exclaimed upon seeing the effects around the new girl. But some of the teachers sighed in disbelief as the man got down from the stage to investigate if the winds were actually a wind elemental. "I haven't seen one of these in 20 years! Mr. Elemental what brings you here to this academy? Where is your master? I'd love to meet them!" The man kept going asking rapid fire questions at such a rate it felt like he was put on fast forward but not able to figure out where it was as he was facing different directions in an attempt to figure it out without the assistance of a spell.

WistyWisp WistyWisp Netherdragon Netherdragon Allibi Allibi

Kuruki eventually left the stage, having received what she needed. She would be spending the evening practicing in one of the private studios second door on the left after passing through the corridor to the right of the entrance of the ballroom, once the active hours had drawn to a close. She ventured back, wondering how long she had left Diana at the table, my notepad! she became panicked, she had left it out of her sight! What if someone had seen her writings?? Her personal observations? Her-
She suddenly noticed that she still had the delicate rainbow flames entangled around her arm, whisping its way around her clothes and shoulders. It seemed like a strange comfort, but comfort nonetheless. However, this dreamy sense of awe was soon disrupted when she realised that Diana was nowhere to be seen, at least, Kuruki became somewhat listless, and couldn't fathom her location. Maybe it was just as well that the wisps of colourful, ribbon like flame had remained with her, for it seemed to sway and lean in a particular direction. Kuruki grabbed her dear notepad from the table, and allowed the flame to lead her, but lead her where?
On her travel, she passed the table where the human she had noticed before with Diana had sat down. Her eyes glassed over him, reading expression and first impressions, but no sooner had she glanced over the human, when she caught sight of a tall, dragon-like figure. Altogether his stature was enormous, and quite threw the Neko off guard, he seemed to loom over everyone else. Kuruki quickened her pace, not considering if *it* was watching her, you silly cat. Scared over nothing! Her thoughts wouldn't be evoked, she could only hasten her steps until she reached another table, to which the student she had watched arrive late beforehand, and the girl with black hair, were in close proximity. She was all of a tremble, so many encounters, all in one morning!!
"E-excuse me..." she gasped, "H-Have you seen, my friend?? She is easy to recognise, flaming wings??" Kuruki began to panic, her mind still straying to the fear of being confronted by the tall dragon - like figure, and the human before.

At first, Victor had thought the egregious amount of water he had drank was making him hear voices in his head. So he decides to reply to them, in his head. "I thought I got rid of these voices, damn it--"

Victor is quick to realize that the voice wasn't residing from within, but it was from the other side of the table he was sitting at. At first, all he could see was a giant figure approaching him. For all Victor knew, it was a giant monolith of death coming to reap the sinners. But lo and behold, it was a bloody half dragon!! Victor had to stay cool, the first social interaction with another student involved fire and brimstone. He wasn't going to make that same mistake again, instantly pushing the cavalcade of empty cups into the trash can that was coincidently right beside his table.

"Well hey there, fella! I don't mind at all, pop a squat." Victor says nervously, gesturing for the half dragon to sit across from him.

"Compared to my first encounter with another species here, this will be a cake walk." Victor thinks to himself, flexing his fingers.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Kuruki's voice broke Diana from her trance observing what she could of the invisible elemental. Hmm, she didn't immediately notice me. Diana quickly flew around, silently landing just behind Kuruki. Diana gave a smirk. Suddenly, she grabbed the neko from behind, and folded having her wings create a cocoon like shape around the two of them to prevent Kuruki from running. Following that, in a tone that was slightly ominous she whispered, "How would you like to be cooked, medium rare or well done." Diana smirks and looks closely to observe her reaction.
1 1234 Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi WistyWisp WistyWisp

Last edited:
Sage blushed as everyone seemed to stare at her and Vox. A older man approached, as well as a flame winged girl and the cat girl standing close by. She noticed how shy the cat girl talked and couldn't help but empathize with her.
The Elemental, not liking the approach of new people, hovered closer to Sage protectively.
"H-hello sir! This is Vox, and I'm Sage.." She held her hand out to the man nervously, her cheeks still flushed. She was feeling tense now, hearing a few threats as well as the sudden crowd. "Sorry to cause so much commotion.." She mumbled.
"Wh-where should I sit?" She asked, wanting desperately to sit down and cope with all the new interactions.

Kuruki had to suppress herself from squealing in shock, as suddenly her view of the two students became enveloped by a radiant, and warm cloak of flame. The whispered tones of Diana's voice first were unfamiliar, as the rather shaken Neko became slightly dazed, and the cat did not take kindly to the thought of being cooked. THE DRAGON, she churned, as her breathing became frantic, and for a moment she felt her body become light, her figure became transparent. NOW LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENED. But soon the faint but jesting tones became recognisable and Kuruki let out a sigh of both relief and surprise "I still have your flame Diana.." Her outline became clearer and clearer, her ears defined, her legs, and soon her pale skin restored to its former condition. She outstretched her arm inside the cocoon of flame and warmth, extending her palm and allowing the rainbow ribbon of light to curve its way, away from her arm. Kuruki quickly spun round to face Diana, who was near to laughing as she took a step back, and Diana's wings loosened slightly. "D-Diana?? what were you doing?? HAVE YOU SEEN HIM??!" She squeaked anxiously, "What should I do if he comes up to me?! Oh dear oh...."
I must recover my wits Kuruki reprimanded herself viciously We have new acquaintances to make. But still, her body had a mind of its own, for she couldn't seem to suppress the violent trembling that had possessed her. You silly cat...oh and guess what. The human probably saw you then as well. Mental applause.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Netherdragon Netherdragon WistyWisp WistyWisp Legostrife Legostrife

Diana laughed. "Sorry, sorry. I just had to give you a bit of a scare. You know I wouldn't actually cook you, right? You're the first person I've really had the opportunity to talk to for longer than a minute other than my mother and some elementals." She said before causing the rainbow flame to travel back to her wings. She then let her wings retreat to her back before giving her a small hug to calm her down, all the while ensuring to regulate her temperature to avoid unintentionally hurting Kuruki. "I don't know who this 'him' you're talking about is, but we're all a bit stressed since it's the first day. You can talk to me about it later, and I promise I'll help you with whatever it is you're worried about." With that Diana releases the hug and extends her wing rest just behind Kuruki's back; idealy, it would feel warm and relax her. "Speaking of Elementals.." she began, turning to Sage. "You said your name is Sage? Why don't you come sit with us, we don't bite" she said with a smile. "When we left the table, there was room for Vox to have a seat of his own too." She added. Internally, Diana was marveled at herself for being able to handle social situations like this at all considering her complete lack of experience.
1 1234 WistyWisp WistyWisp Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

"I will get you back for this later" Kuruki chuckled, and something in her felt comforted and soothed, when locked in Diana's embrace. She had never been in contact with someone like that before, or at least, she had no recollection, except her mother when she ran inside from the garden to show her how many buttercups her tiny hands could hold. It felt strange...but she didn't seem to mind. She joined Diana in making Sage's and the elemental's new acquaintance, "I really am so sorry for this untimely interaction, I was rather flustered for small reasons. Its so nice to meet you," She grinned sweetly, wishing to remain in her gentle nature but remained standing and poised, ever watching for the half-dragon-half-human-beast-person to appear and catch her by surprise, "I am Kuruki, I saw you and V....." she stuttered, "Vox? I believe," outstretching her hand to shake...or....greet....in recognition of the elemental, which captivated her interest. How incredible she wondered, quite mesmorised.

Sage sighed in relief and gave a small smile at how nice these two girls actually are. She nodded and shook both their hands, still obvious she was nervous. "That's okay! My entrance wasn't exactly normal.." She chuckled lightly. "Nice to meet both of you. I'm Sage, as you already know. And he's Vox, he's uh..." She glanced over to him.
The Elemental seemed to be examining the two of them, not greeting or making indication of their greeting until he blew a small gust of wind at the two of them before flying off around the room. Sage adjusted the clips in her hair, obviously too used to it's winds. "He's moody today.." She mumbled softly and walked with them to the table. Vox seemed to fly above a few of the tables, going to each one, almost like he was checking for threats. He pondered a bit at the table with the dragon and human before moving back to hovering by Sage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back